CHB: Into the Storm - Discussion Thread

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Re: CHB: Into the Storm - Discussion Thread

Postby The Scribe » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:23 pm

I'll have my post up ASAP! Hopefully tonight or tomorrow!
The Scribe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunhorsestar » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:54 pm

I’ll have posts up tomorrow!
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soup5 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:19 am

General Information
Full name: Heshen Bi’an
Nicknames: Belial, Diablo
Gender/Pronouns: male, he/him
Birthday: 10/31
Sexuality: asexual

Camp Information
Weapon(s): Right now he only has a silver dagger for his own protection.
Godly Parent: Phobos
Claimed?: not yet
Cabin: Cabin 11
Powers: He has not yet recognized his true potential or controlled them, so right now he only can release his power in an emotionally disturbed state.
Persona Worst Fear Generation: Forces opponents to see their worst fear.
Fear Domination: Makes it hard for others to fight them.
Teleportation: Disappeared in the blink of an eye.

Number of Beads on Necklace: 0

Physical Description
Height: 5’4
Build: Slender
Hair color and style: Long, straight black hair with middle bangs falls to the center of his face. Long bangs are slide behind both sides of his ears and drape down to his chest.
Eye color: Grey
Scars, tatts, birthmarks: burned marks and scars covered all around his body, except his hands and face.
Clothes: Something easier to move around; wrinkly white t-shirt, navy blue jacket with zippers open, black shorts, and dirty brown sneakers.

Personality & Background
Heshen is shy but an enthusiastic youngster that genuinely believes in the good nature of everyone. As a child, he can be impulsive and loves to follow everyone on an adventure, and aren't afraid to face any danger that comes by. Heshen reacted strongly towards loud noises and often watched the fun from the back. Due to him being born in an abusive household, he is sensitive and often cries when a fight breaks out; generally dislikes violence and always tries his best to stop it. Although he has always been passive, he will fight back if needed. Overall, Heshen is naïve and very friendly, but hard to gain his trust once it's broken.

• Adventure
  • Protecting/Taking care of friends
  • Hope
  • Quiet places
  • His mother's seaweed-tofu soup
    Dislikes
  • Broken promises
  • His friends hurt
  • Violence
  • Loud noise
Fears: loud noise
Fatal Flaw: Puts too much trust into someone.

Anything Else
- He has a twin brother and an adoptive older sister. They were all separated at a young age, so their current state is unclear.
Personal Relationships [tbr]
Mother [+]
He still forgives her and thanking her for raising him, despite receiving ill-treatment from her.
Phobos [=]
Heshen has yet to meet him. (tbr)
Last edited by Soup5 on Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Soup5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby No one » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:54 am

I’ll have posts up today!
No one

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:31 pm

@Soup5 - accepted, welcome c:
Please give the synopsis on the front page a read if you haven't already!
Edit: Oh also unclaimed demigods stay in cabin 11 until they are claimed, forgot to mention that whoops

I should hopefully have posts up Thursday, unfortunately my carpal tunnel is now in both wrists & has gotten worse - it is impeding my ability to type, so writing is slow going as of late jsgjdsj
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soup5 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:33 pm

Thanks for reminding me, I've changed his cabin number (cabin 11 sounds like fun).
Yep, so much has happened.
Take as much time as you need. ^^

My kiddo will probably be sleeping peacefully in the cabin. (then someone wrapped him into a burrito and throws him under the sun)
Soup5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunhorsestar » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:50 pm

Hi Soup! If you need interaction, I have Satchi vibing somewhere
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soup5 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:10 pm

sounds good. Heshen connects with her in some ways like being friendly with everyone, loving peace, and having yet to meet their godly parent.

Update: I’ll be returning home today so my post will be up tonight!
Last edited by Soup5 on Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Soup5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Kai O'Neal

Postby badlands. » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:20 am

General Information
    Full name: Kai David O'Neal
    Nicknames: none
    Gender/Pronouns: cismale, he/him
    Birthday: 10/31
    Sexuality: Bisexual

Camp Information
    Weapon(s): Kai tends to stick to a sword. He is a talented swordsman and can use any sword, though he prefers to use the one his mother gave him for his fourteenth birthday. It's long and silver, with waves detailing the blade. The handle is black leather.
    Godly Parent: Poseidon
    Claimed?: yes
    Cabin: 3
    Powers:
  • Hydrokinesis - Kai can control water and use it to his advantage, very much like Percy.
    Number of Beads on Necklace: 6

Physical Description
    Kai is a tall, slender boy who stands at about 6'1. His arms look to be on the smaller side, but don't let that fool you: he could knock you out with one punch. As mentioned above, Kai is a talented swordsman and spends much of his time in the training arena hacking away at dummies, sparring with his friends, or even sparring with the camp instructors, so he has quite a few scars littering his arms and legs. There is one scar in particular that spans from his wrist to his elbow that he got from his first year at the camp. Funnily enough, he gave it to himself by landing on his sword at the wrong angle during a sparring match with one of his friends. Like most other children of Poseidon, Kai has black hair and green eyes. His hair is rather curly, and falls down to just below his ears. His eyes are framed by dark, long eyelashes, which he was made fun of for while he still attended boarding school in the human world. He has pretty bad insomnia sometimes, so he often has deep and dark undereye bags. He has a straight, average sized nose that is covered in a spray of light freckles. He has soft, yet full lips, and straight, white teeth. He has a semi-prominent Adam's apple. He tends to be on the paler side, but can get a tan if he's been out in the sun enough (this is rare). When out of camp clothing, Kai prefers to wear a pair of sweatpants or jeans and a black sweatshirt. His sense of style is pretty minimalistic and ordinary, just because he finds it easier and quicker to get dressed that way.

Personality & Background
    Basic Personality Traits: Kai initially comes off as standoffish, but he's actually quite outgoing! He enjoys making new friends and spending time with other people, he just sometimes doesn't know how to approach and initiate contact with new people. While he would be considered by many to be the 'therapist friend', he isn't very forthcoming with his own issues. He tries to open up very rarely, but when he does the other person has to be very patient with him, because Kai doesn't really know how else to vocalize his emotions without getting angry. He's a very fun person to be around, and can be somewhat reckless with his decisions. He would be that friend who would randomly decide to go cliff diving at two in the morning, even though his friends are telling him that it's a horrible idea. He lives for the adrenaline. He's a very loyal friend, and is incredibly dedicated to those he loves. When it comes to his love languages, I would have to say that it's receiving quality time and giving acts of service. He loves doing things for other people because it makes him feel useful. He tends to use humor as a coping mechanism, because it makes him feel less helpless and pathetic.
    Likes: Swimming, surfing, sparring, archery (he has horrible aim. You might want to run in the opposite direction, but even then, there's a chance he could still hit you on accident.), painting (as a stress reliever, and not in the way you would initially think of. He splatterpaints huge canvases by literally throwing cans of paint at them. Very relaxing.), the color black, winning games of Uno, Capture the Flag, romcoms (secretly), playing soccer, playing video games (specifically minecraft), eating (this boy could wipe out an entire buffet table in a matter of minutes. I don't think he stops to breathe when he eats. And he gets hangry, my god.)
    Dislikes: Sharks, running, PE, reading, feeling helpless, feeling useless, licorice, spaghetti (a heathen, really), stepping on Legos.
    Fears: The death of those close to him. Failing somebody in a life or death situation. Freezing up in the middle of a battle.
    Fatal Flaws: Bottling up his emotions, sometimes keeping people at an arm's length.
    Backstory:
    Kai's mother, Ariadne, met Poseidon while waitressing at a crab shack off the shores of Miami beach. The two instantly took up flirtations with each other and were in an on-again off-again relationship over the span of six years. Over the course of those six years, they had two children together: Kai and Angelina. But, shortly after the birth of Angelina, Poseidon left for the final time, leaving Ariadne all alone to raise her two children. Kai has many fond memories of his mother from when he was younger, but as he approached the age of seven, these memories were very few and far between. Ariadne had grown very bitter towards Poseidon for abandoning her and leaving her to raise their children, and started taking it out on them. Kai is unsure if she did this intentionally, but nonetheless, it was very damaging to both him and his sister. Ariadne would disappear for days at a time with no contact, leaving Kai to care for himself and his sister. By the time that Kai was 11 and Angelina was 9, they had already narrowly survived three monster attacks. By this time, their mother had abandoned them completely. After the third monster attack, Kai coincidentally ran into a satyr at a bus stop, and, once the satyr had informed him of Camp Half Blood, began their journey there. The journey was short, and surprisingly easy...until his sister was killed by a hellhound just outside of the border. Kai refused to talk to anyone for weeks after he made it inside of the camp, and even refused to eat for a short period of time. Chiron and Mr. D were concerned that he would starve to death. Somewhere along the line, though, Kai decided to not let the death of his sister destroy him; he knew that would be the opposite of what she wanted for him. So, he pulled himself together, and has been a year-round camper ever since.
    Personal Relationships
  • Ariadne O'Neal - mother
    Kai hasn't seen or heard from his mother since he was eleven years old. He has no intention of getting in contact with her, either, and hates her deep down for what happened to his sister. He believes that if she had actually cared about her children and taken better care of them that Angelina would still be alive.
  • Angelina O'Neal - younger sister - deceased
    Kai adored his sister more than anyone else on the planet. Much of what he does today, he does for her.
  • TBD
Last edited by badlands. on Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
badlands.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:20 am

^^ accepted! welcome
In the future, please post forms in separate posts; it makes it much easier for me to link back to them on the 'characters' thread c:
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me