CHB: Into the Storm - Discussion Thread

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Re: CHB: Into the Storm - Discussion Thread

Postby Kveykva » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:11 am

sorry I was afk the other day! I should probably give the heads up (if I haven't already) my Mondays are occupied and I'll usually be gone most if not all day. I'm working on my replies now, so they should be up soon
Kveykva

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

leonidas torrez

Postby sammy, » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:40 pm

█████████████████
███xxi. leonidas torrez. ii. 'leo'. iii. eighteen. iv. cis male.''''.''█x.x.'.''.''..
███xxv. he/him pronouns. vi. bisexual. vii. ares.
███xxviii. year-round camper. ix. birthday is twentieth of january
███xxx. istp - 'the virtuoso'.

outside
physical appearance
xxxleo is five foot eight and doesn't need anyone to point t out. his hair is short and wavy, curled around his skull in a makeshift crown. when it gets messy, he buzzes it down to an inch and starts again. his jaw is square and decorated with facial hair, which is clean and controlled, shaved meticulously into straight lines and trimmed accordingly. evidently, it's the only part of his appearance above the shoulder line that he cares about the look of. he has a multitude of scars, and when olive skin tans, they're stark white, jagged little marks across his cheeks and across the bridge of his nose. normally hidden from sight, he has a tattoo on the back of his wrist. it's faded, the lines slightly sloppy, but the image is rather clear - the eye of horus. he does not like it very much, and wears a leather cuff to cover it from prying eyes.
personality
xxxit's difficult to pinpoint leo's personality when one is not considering him as a whole, but the best way to describe him is 'temperamental'. though he feels deeply and cares for those he has attachments to, with strangers it is a dice roll on how he is feeling upon meeting them. volatile and quick to the draw, his critical thinking skills seem to go out of the window when under an appropriate amount of stress, and he will take out his rage on anyone who looks like they fit the bill of someone who needs to be punched. leo learnt the word 'backpfeifengesicht' and never related to the notion of a term more - some people simply have faces that deserve a caving. it is, in essence, a mixture of his nature and his nurture. already explosive as a young boy, being exposed to adversity did not help to quell his inner enraged spirit, and only served to groom it into a stalwart of his personality. when he allows himself to trust, he does it unwaveringly, and appreciates those who don't seem to have the intent of changing the way he is. the darker parts of him believe him to be a lost cause, utterly unforgivable, and though this frightens him, it gives him more of an excuse to act the way he does. regardless, he does his best to keep it as controlled as possible. not every field is a battlefield, not every opponent an enemy who needs quashing. not quite a gentle giant - in either aspect - but protective of younger campers, especially those who need looking after. he's been the underdog for most of his life, and will always be biased toward them.
inside
xxxdogs, vultures, most younger campers, overcast days, sparsely populated areas, warm weather.
dislikes
xxxthe cold, surprises, his mother, people in positions of authority, war films, long-range weapons
fears
xxxthe outside world, losing his brother, cars with tinted windows, rats, complete loss of control
strengths
xxxon a good day, leo is funny, consistent, and unflinchingly loyal. though not particularly attuned to the impacts of other people's emotions, he's perceptive, and can read people rather easily, especially when he can relate to their perceived plight, and is utterly non-judgemental to those who open up to him. he's got experience in high-risk situations and knows how to rile an opponent to his level - his past gives him strength in that he knows how he works under pressure, and it's well. in the midst of chaos, he is utterly calm, controlled and robotic, strategic and hyperaware of his surroundings and how he can play them to his advantage.he doesn't back down from a challenge, utterly dedicated to whatever has taken his mind, and knows himself wholly. 'little mercy' was his name in another life, and it fits rather well - he's a brutal enemy to have.
weaknesses
xxxaside from his tendency to explode, a more insidious weakness of leo's is that he's almost too easy to manipulate, and seems to attract people with a penchant for the art. it gives him the excuse to put his rational, shameful mind on the backseat. he's jumpy and volatile - and when brought up on his actions, he tends to stonewall any attempts at understanding why he is the way he is. his belief that he is beyond help is not an excuse for his actions, he knows, but rather an explanation for them. he's hypervigilant in scenarios that do not require it, and can't seem to understand that he's not in permanent danger anymore.
powers
combat mode - advanced
xxxleo seems to flip like a switch from enraged before a fight to an instantaneous demeanour of calm collection. his combat mode is a machine, strategic, brutal, and primal, quick and striking, with iron fists and bolstered strength. in these situations, he runs entirely on war instinct, perceptive and untempered. time slows for him - the rest of the world falls away, distraction a thing of the past.
combat perception/killing sense - intermediate
xxxhe can understand an opponent's method of thought and strategem and ultimately use it against them in a fight. by figuring out their strengths, he can pinpoint their weaknesses. alongside this, he is capable of determining the best set of blows required to kill. this skill tends to only extend to those he is already familiar with the demeanour of.
pain suppression - intermediate
xxxin and out of battle, leo's pain threshold is unnaturally high. he can think clearly and continue to move and fight while harboured with injuries or conditions that would otherwise incapacitate and debilitate others.he puts this to an 'iron jaw' and 'adrenaline rushes'. if trained, it is possible that he could transfer this blessing onto his allies in battle.
inhibition release - beginner
xxxleo's perceptivity while mellow has a better usage in battle - he can use his understanding of people and their primal desires, their previous actions and reactions, to manipulate them into letting go of their more 'reasonable' mind and reverting them to savagery and creatures of impulse. he needs to know quite a lot about the person to understand their triggers and the buttons to press, but if he pushes, he can retrieve the monsters that they hide, putting them on equal footing. if honed, he would be able to do this to acquaintances and strangers alike at whim.
weapons
μολὼν λαβέ - molon labe
xxxnamed after the defiant expression quoted by kind leonidas i of sparta, leo's "come and get them" celestial bronze knuckle dusters are markers of his attack style - he is a man who relies almost entirely on his own mobility and physicality. when not in use, they're serpentine rings that wind up both of his middle fingers, transforming into the rather savage melee devices when he wills it of them.
notable items
cuffed
xxxhis leather cuff, worn around his right wrist - it serves as a support and a cover for the tattoo. he has no considerable attachment to it, but is rarely seen without it, only removing it to wash. it's cracked and old-looking, and braided through the middle.
pocket shield
xxxwhen his little brother, maxie, was studying history in the fourth grade, he was amazed to find out tat his older brother shared a name with a renowned spartan leader. their class made little shields out copper discs, painted and decorated by the students, and maxie brought it home and presented it to leo about three weeks before he left home. leo carries it around in his pocket as a lucky talisman.
Last edited by sammy, on Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
sammy,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:46 pm

Ohoho accepted! c:
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunhorsestar » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:37 pm

Can I get a recap and/or requotes (for Hunter, Kade, and Karter if there was any vital info I need to know for the quest stuff)? Sorry I’ve been so inconsistent. A LOT has been going on.
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:23 am

All good!
Quest stuff - The quest meeting has ended, with the quest group deciding to meet at the Big House in roughly half an hour. Gives everyone time for those final goodbyes, packing, riding lessons, whatnot.
They decided to take the horses/pegasi to Laurel's aunt's house to retrieve the van; the pegasi/horses are intelligent creatures and can easily find their way back. Plus the Mist should obscure their wings and such. A bunch of the demigods (Aiden, Skylar, Mira, Aggy, Jamie, Dahlia) are at the stables already, getting their equine companions ready. Laurel I think has just finished packing, and Teilo and Ash are talking by the lake.
Chiron also warned them that Argus has reported an increase of monster activity around the camp borders, so be careful getting out.

I don't think there's been a reply for Hunter, but Wilhelm's got one for Kade at the top of the newest page (130) methinks c:
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KestrelTheFirecat » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:37 am

Yep!
i have left
KestrelTheFirecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby indigo' » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:00 am

---

╓═══════════☘︎═══════════╖

-☘︎Aoife Brooke Murphy

-☘︎cis female (she/her)

-☘︎seventeen (January 1)

-☘︎bisexual

-☘︎4 beads

╙═══════════☘︎═══════════╜

╓═════════════════════★═════════════════════╖

-weapons:
    rainbow chevron patterned slap bracelet that turns into a
    boomerang with the same pattern, the edge of one side is serrated

-godly parent: Hebe (claimed)

-powers: vitakinesis
    - can fully heal minor injuries and at least partially
    heal major ones on herself and others, heal/remove
    scars, can also temporarily manipulate a persons looks
    to appear more youthful, removing dark circles/wrinkles/etc.
╙════════════════════★════════════════════╜

☘︎☘︎☘︎

☘︎Aoife has a mess of long, curly dirty blonde hair that's usually all over the place. Warm skin tone, hazel eyes and long eyelashes. She doesn’t have any scars as anytime a wound left a mark she simply healed it herself. Usually dresses in oversized retro/vintage t-shirts, acid wash jeans, flannels, mostly thrifted clothes.

☘︎☘︎☘︎

☘︎Aoife is loud, confident, hyper, and can make herself comfortable in nearly any situation. She has a serious lack of filter and speaks her mind always. Though she would never intentionally offend anyone, saying everything that pops into her head can sometimes lead to this. She enjoys pranks and causing mischief, but never at anyone else’s expense. She can be a bit reckless and headstrong, doesn’t think before she acts, but she feels extremely guilty when she does anything to hurt someone, even if she didn’t mean it. She also lacks basic self preservation instincts, will never say no to a dare and will do literally anything to make people laugh or smile. She is very open and honest, having nothing to hide and lacking the ability to hide it if she did. She wants to be a trustworthy person, but telling her secrets won't end well as it’ll probably slip out of her mouth to the next person she talks to—but she’ll also feel extremely guilty about this.

☘︎☘︎☘︎

☘︎Aoife was born and raised in County Clare, Ireland. She lived with her father, step mother and two older step brothers. Her father died when she was three, so she barely remembers him, but she was close with her step mother and considered her to be her real mother, as well as her brothers. She had the typical demigod trouble in school and run ins with monsters, but she also managed to cause quite a bit of chaos on her own, often running her mouth and getting into trouble. She got in with a bad crowd around her preteen years, her behaviour spiralling badly. This only ended when her family moved to New York when she was thirteen and she was found by a satyr and brought to camp soon after where she stays for summers.
Last edited by indigo' on Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
if only i could keep you in my pocket
to give me some diagnosis of why i'm so hollow
please give me instructions, i promise i'll follow
i tripped on my ankle and fractured my elbow
but doesn't that mean that the tour's gonna sell, though?
i try to explain the good faith that's been wasted
but after an hour, it sounds like complaining
wait, don't go away, can i lie here forever?
you say that i'm better, why don't i feel better?
the universe works in mysterious ways
but i'm starting to think it ain't working for me
doctor, should i be good, should i be good this year?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxx
indigo'

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:13 am

@aj & @indigo - Accepted! c:
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KestrelTheFirecat » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:13 am

Quotes?
i have left
KestrelTheFirecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:19 am

^^ I've got Zahra quoted on my most recent post; it's the second post on the newest page (130) c:
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me