CHB: Into the Storm - Discussion Thread

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Re: CHB: Into the Storm - Discussion Thread

Postby Takara » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:00 am

@ sammy, -Ooo, I sense a buddy for Hank... Or maybe a rival? Idk how they'd react to having someone so like themselves...
Takara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:20 am

Ooh nice!
I'm working on getting a post up; I was going to last night but I was in a weird headspace lol
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

orin gorman

Postby sammy, » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:18 am

█████████████████
███xi. orin gorman. ii. 'lofty', 'ozzy'. iii. eighteen. iv. cis male.'██x█.'xx
███xxv. he/him pronouns. vi. bisexual. vii. zeus.
███xxviii. summer camper. ix. birthday is sixteenth of june
███xxx. enfj - 'the protagonist'.

outside
physical appearance
xxxorin stands at six foot five. his build is lean and wiry, head crowned by a mess of brunette 3a curls. his eyes are a bright, forest green, and are surrounded by freckles that come to the surface in the summer sun. one of his canine teeth is chipped from an accident involving his face and a tarmac floor; he never got it fixed because in his mind, it looked rather cool. above his eyebrow, hidden by his hair, he has a scar from a surgical procedure.
personality
xxx[ extroverted, always up for a joke, and willing to take what he gives, orin can be a rather abrasive person to interact with if one doesn't know the intents of his quirks. forgiving to a fault and rarely willing to hold a grudge, his normally sturdy bubbliness can be cracked when faced with adversity. in these events, he can be rude, stubborn, and otherwise wrathful. in these times, he tends to keep to himself. a lot has to compound to trigger a response such as this, and usually comes moments before an emotional meltdown. otherwise he is optimistic, competitive, and leadership-material, conscientious of the feelings of his fellow campers and happy to act the maggot when it suits him. he has little regard for his wellbeing, to the continued dismay of those he is close with, unflinchingly putting his own health aside to help his friends. he sees no-one as an enemy, just a pending friend who hasn't warmed up to him yet.]
on the surface, everything is the same. orin is fine. nothing has changed. he is still the larger-than-life creature he left as. he can still spin a story, though they're further between and rarer, and he still has his humour intact, but there's something beneath, in the depths, that is a bit darker. an eternity spent in static jaded him a bit, fermented the zest for life and innocence that seemed to come to him so naturally. he doesn't fear death at all anymore - he's got thirteen experiences of it under his belt, after all - in fact, he sees death as more of a friend than an enemy. his loyalty to those he loves remains unflinching, but part of him feels betrayed by those who allowed the events of his death to take place, and there is nothing of a doormat left in him. he's seen history, been a part of it, in his own way, and won't let it repeat itself. the emptiness of the dark fed him with power and endless counts of grief. he's a bit less forgiving and a bit quicker to the draw now, but his love remains, since it is what brought him back. sometimes, he misses the silence, the empty, granite skies that couldn't even attempt to hurt him, and shuts in on himself as a result. easily worn and spiritually exhausted, he's strung out and not pleased with it. he doesn't think he'll ever be the same, but pretending will do.

inside
theme
xxxthe other side of paradise - glass animals
xxxred bull, bad jokes, sun tzu, springtime, hot chocolate, watching rugby, guinness, winning
dislikes
xxxpeople being worried about him, cold weather, holding grudges, being patronised, tintin
fears
xxxthe number eight, ticking clocks, spiders, funny looking cats, dogs, strangers, loud noises, quiet noises, lakes, the sea, any water, really, strangers, dying, the absence of clocks.
strengths
xxxorin can diffuse a negative situation rather quickly by pulling one of his anecdotal stories from his memory vaults. he'll go on tangents to distract someone from an issue at hand, and this serves to be rather successful - especially since most of his tales involve him reaping the consequences of his own actions, which people tend to enjoy hearing about. he's quick on his feet, witty, and seems to be able to read people like a book. when prompted, his words can be scathing and brutal, and these spouts of venom can sometimes be enough to get people off of his back. he has good control over his powers, but relies more heavily on his dagger than his charged-up hands.
all of these still apply, but he is much more willing to utilise his powers nowadays.
weaknesses
xxxorin will push himself to dangerous extents in an attempt to avoid the concern of others. he will not allow himself to be cared for, a result of frequent hospital trips and a hypervigilant mother. he can be irresponsible, impulsive and sometimes borderline stupid, but his biggest weakness lies in his own brain.
powers
electrokinesis - advanced
xxxorin is a walking tesla coil. on the rare occasion that he uses his powers, he can emit beams of electrical energy from his hands, create electromagnetic fields, manipulate electrically-powered objects and temporarily charge his body to counter melee attacks with conductive blades and materials.
aerokinesis - intermediate
xxxcan manipulate winds and the air to a certain extent. has altered the pressure of air in the past to create cushions for those who fall from severe heights, and can whip up gusts of wind to knock opponents over. this tires him out more than using electrokinesis, and though he hasn't yet learnt how to fly, he isn't against trying.
atmokinesis - intermediate
xxxwhile he cannot muster a storm nor yet summon bolts of lightning, his rare moments of rage are marked often by a clap of thunder.
weapons
ríastrad
xxxnamed after the rage and battle-induced warp spasms of irish folk legend and demigod cú chulainn, orin's weapon of choice is a celestial bronze dagger with a ten-inch blade, plated with silver for conductivity. in situations of life or death, he pulses electrical energy into the blade and manipulates the winds to strike it into his enemy. when not in use as a weapon, ríastrad is a rather unassuming looking - and functional - zippo lighter.
notable items
eithne's ring
xxxan opal suspended in a silver band, gifted to him (resized) by his grandmother on his right hand's ring finger. when the gem catches the light, it creates a kaleidoscopic effect, the rainbow enough to trigger iris messages.
the harrington
xxxhis beloved jacket, dilapidated and well-loved, orin is never seen without it. it belonged to his late uncle in the eighties, and was gifted to him at fourteen. he has cherished it ever since. the zip has been replaced countless times, the inner lining faded greatly from its original scarlet colour. to replace it would be a preposterous idea. the collar's label has 'daithi' written on it.
clear quartz necklace
xxxsettled on an oft-replaced string around his neck, usually underneath his shirt. his sister, an avid studier of the spiritual arts, crystals and their healing properties, gifted this to him when his health declined. while he is not completely convinced of its power, he wears it regardless, seeing it as a reminder of the people who care for him.
songlasses
xxxwhile by the bank of the lethe, orin was given a pair of sunglasses by a stranger, said to have been a gift from his dad. they are capable of manipulating the mist around the wearer, altering the perception of surrounding people and making him slip out of view. he uses these when he wants to go under the radar or generally avoid interaction.
soul tenants
elisabeth visconti - 1308-1341
xxxa middle-class woman from vienna accused of (and executed for) adultery.
valens ducas - 1380-1453
xxxwitnessed the fall of the byzantine empire.
charles tilney - 1532-1586
xxxinvolved in the babington plot to kill queen elizabeth i, executed.
rowan anketill - 1580-1666
xxxa religious man, a shoemaker, who perished in the great fire of london.
jasper gregory - 1680-1734
xxxa highwayman with an essex gang, captured.
sholto macgowan - 1711-1762
xxxfought and died in the seven years' war.
ebba jones - 1837-1849
xxxthe youngest of all the tenants, died in a pauper's palace due to dirty water.
delova patrovna - 1852-1942
xxxwitnessed the assassination of tsar alexander ii of russia.
graham hudson - 1896-1999
xxxfought in world war one.
ephraim smith - 1921-2019
xxxfought in world war two.
iqra jaber - 1952-2018
xxxa civilian in the aden emergency.
sabine alder - 1959-2019
xxxgrew up in the gdr, witnessed the fall of the berlin wall.
Last edited by sammy, on Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:13 am, edited 16 times in total.
sammy,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:21 am

^^ accepted! c:
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sammy, » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:25 am

@witchhazel
      thank you very much!! i wonder, if the slot is open, if he could be the counsellor for cabin one? if not, that’s fine! (:

@takara
      i think definitely a friend — they could cause much pleasant chaos together, and i’m sure he’d appreciate someone who didn’t find his overtly cocky personality annoying ahaha

which, speaking of - is there anyone open for him to get on the nerves of?
sammy,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:28 am

^^ certainly! I'll update the 'characters' post c:

Juliet is open near the lake, trying to find a quiet place to Iris-message her mother if you wanna throw him at her!
Though she's probably about to witness whatever is going to happen with Aiden and Tielo on the ice lol
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kveykva » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:32 am

ngl I was actually planning to drop Aiden into the lake lmao, if only because there's two campers there to help the poor sap.

I've considered making a second character myself, but I'm getting ready to start back to work in a few days so I'll put it on the back burner for now. Are we going to jump to the camp event soon?
Kveykva

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:34 am

^^ Yes!
I'm pretty much ready to time-jump whenever you guys are c: