A Valley of Kings RP [Semi-lit to Literate Discussion]

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

A Valley of Kings RP [Semi-lit to Literate Discussion]

Postby MySpoons » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:16 pm

VOK wrote:"The valley is an ancient place, where kings and queens have ruled for centuries, undisturbed. A massive range of desert, forest, jungle, and savannah mixed in a deep gorge that mankind finds unreachable, leaving the wild to its own devices. The rulers of these jungles have lived in harmony for many years, but trouble and disdain is brewing among them and the peace that once bonded the few prides, has faded. Prides have splintered, and rogues are more frequent than ever. It even seems as if lions have arrived from outside of the valley, strangers to this land.

Will your pride rise to power, or fall to the dangers of a perilous world?"

♕ 𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 ♕

RP Thread is here

𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐋 𝐑𝐔𝐋𝐄𝐒
⇁ follow all CS rules relating to content, RPing, and image/links
⇁ this is a semi-literate or literate RP. Please expect to post at least 4 sentences per character at least twice a week
⇁ feel free to scheme with other RPers or myself. Drama between characters and prides is very much allowed c:
⇁ if you are having a personal conflict with another RPer, please try to resolve it respectfully. Remember it is hard to convey tone and sometimes intended meaning over the internet. If you are continuing to have problems, please let me know.
⌖ someone's character not liking your character/being mean to your character does not usually mean they don't like you. It's an RP! Character conflict is encouraged
⌖ if you want to pretty up your posts by using BBCoding, the thread that descibes a lot of it and has resources is here. A list of colors, fonts, and symbols to use that aren't images are in this post and the one below it.

𝐕𝐎𝐊 𝐀𝐑𝐏𝐆 𝐑𝐔𝐋𝐄𝐒
⇁ while this RP takes place in the VOK Valley, all types of territories/maps are allowed c:
⇁ you may only have as many lions as you have space for in your pride. Remember to level up!
⇁ your lions do not have to be only male or female; on a related note, breedings between any gender is allowed
"You may NOT breed lions for VOK outside of the official nursery, they may interact with other characters but your pride itself should only be made up of lions from within the arpg to avoid confusion" -- VOK rules

⌖ you are allowed to have non-lion/non-pride characters to RP! These characters are considered NPCs and do not count as towards your pride number, and are not part of your pride. However, please do RP your lions, too.
You can give your VOK lions magical abilities/ect, but you cannot add physical edits/changes. You are welcome to give them accessories.

⌖ this RPG will allow for magic and mythology. However, please be keep in mind to not make your character OP compared to non-magical characters. If you are struggling to find a balance, this is what this thread is for c:
Last edited by MySpoons on Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:14 am, edited 5 times in total.
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: A Valley of Kings RP [ASTRONA FORM]

Postby MySpoons » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:24 am

𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐀 || 𝐅𝐄𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐄 || 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐆𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐃
| | patience | service | temperance | fortitude | |
|| shy | blunt | gullible | naïve ||

Astrona is a young adult tiger, a newly appointed Guardian of Peace tasked with the monumentous honor of starting up a New Guard within the Valley. She traveled far to arrive at the Valley. Astrona knows she is the newcomer, the stranger. It is likely it will take time for the local prides and individuals to accept her as a newcomer before she is accepted as a Guardian. Have they ever heard of Guardians?

This may be more challenging than she first thought...

Astrona's arrival was uneventful. She picked the spot for her den in the middle of a thick forest near a river. No scent or sight of another large feline greeted her. Odd, but not unexpected. First meetings will likely happen soon, but Astrona would rather wait for someone to come to her. Walking into another pride's territory will not be the wisest decision.

|| 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐅𝐈𝐋𝐄 ||
A brief overview of statistics, compared to the average lion at the peak of their lifespan

CONSTITUTION | ■■■■■■■■■■
BODY FITNESS | ■■■■■■□□□□
HUNTING SKILLS | ■■■■■□□□□□
FIGHTING SKILLS | ■■■□□□□□□□
⟨⟨ FRIENDLINESS | ■■■■■■■■□□
⟨⟨ CHARISMA | ■■■■■■■■■□
⟨⟨ WISDOM | ■■■■■■■□□□
⟨⟨ INTELLIGENCE | ■■■■■■□□□□
⟩⟩ ALIGNMENT | LAWFUL GOOD
⟩⟩ EMOTIONAL STATUS | HIGH SPIRITS
⟩⟩ MENTAL STATUS | CURIOUS, EAGER
⟩⟩ ROMANTIC STATUS | NO TIME

Last edited by MySpoons on Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: A Valley of Kings RP [Semi-lit to Literate Discussion]

Postby MySpoons » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:28 am

The RP thread is up! Please don't post there until you've been accepted c: (just for formality's sake!)

Also, feel free to recommend/critique anything I put up either here or on the main thread.
-------------------------------------
𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗗
struggling mar. 14

𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗣𝗧𝗦 [Masterlist]
𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘 [Trades]
Heya, I'm MySpoons!
Artist | World Builder

Ace | She/Her/They/Them
Pup Parent to Teddy, SDIT

358 Pets Left
to a complete collection

Trades | Auctions
Collection Progress | Art Shop

ABOUT ME
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meekins12345 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:09 pm

☙ ꊰꋪꄲꂵ ꓄ꁝꏂ ꉣꋪ꒐꒯ꏂ ꄲꊰ ꅐ꒐ꀘ꒐ꂵꋬꀘ ❧

꒯ꏂꍌꄲ꓄ꄲꍌꋬ ~ "ꂵꋬꋪꀘ ꄲꊰ ꓄ꁝꏂ ꃳꏂꋬꋪ"
Insoniti (Scout/guard) of the Wikimak Pride

~ ꉣꏂꋪꇙꄲꋊꋬ꒒꒐꓄ꌦ ~
A big 'dad' of sorts, though he's not that old. Very fatherly but in a lax, laid back sort of way. Doesn't matter how old or young his company is, he treats them just the same. He's willing to discipline when necessary and isn't afraid to stand up for his pride or what is right. There isn't much that scares him after the accident when he was younger, the incident that gave him the scars he now proudly wears. It's difficult to anger this fellow, and his patience knows no end. He's usually very sociable but tends to be rather shy when it comes to females.

~ ꃳꋬꉔꀘꍌꋪꄲ꒤ꋊ꒯ ~
He had been born within the Mountains of the EverWinter, to a small pride that lived up there. He grew up there with two of his friends but ultimately ran into a bear in his teenage/adolescent year. Unfortunately that bear caught him. It almost killed him, too, if his pride hadn't come to the rescue. They chased the bear off, but damage had already been done. Thankfully it was just flesh wounds and they healed in time, leaving a few nice scars to help relive the tale. He wasn't able to leave his mother's side until he was fully grown, and at that point the other males ultimately chased him out of his home pride. He did not protest, however, and ultimately wandered down the mountain's side and found himself in the darker forests, where he found his new pride, the Wikimak pride. He's stayed with them since. Of course the silver pelts had separated the pride years after his arrival, but thankfully he was one of the first to come back. Now he's on a mission: To find the others, if they're still alive. To help his pride get back on their paws and become the pride they had once been before.

~ ꂵ꒐ꇙꉔꏂ꒒꒒ꋬꋊꏂꄲ꒤ꇙ ꒐ꋊꊰꄲꋪꂵꋬ꓄꒐ꄲꋊ ~
❧ He's about six, seven years old.
❧ He has no mate. He'd like one, but he has to find that special gal yet.
❧ He's got a voice actor! He sounds like Godot from the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Anime.
❧ He's currently traveling with Kwatoko, a fellow insoniti. They are required to have a second guard around when leaving the territory.
❧ His scent is reminiscent to coffee, with a hint of vanilla cream.
Last edited by Meekins12345 on Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
╔══.·:·.☽мєєкιηѕ☾.·:·.══╗
Child of the Living God
Doodler | Roleplayer
.·:·.
Wanna trade? Check out my
trading group!
Wanna chat or roleplay? PM me! ouo
Convocation
Valley of Kings
Three Pine Range
╚═══.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.═══╝
Meekins12345

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meekins12345 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:37 pm

☙ ꊰꋪꄲꂵ ꓄ꁝꏂ ꉣꋪ꒐꒯ꏂ ꄲꊰ ꅐ꒐ꀘ꒐ꂵꋬꀘ ❧

ꀘꅐꋬ꓄ꄲꀘꄲ ~ "꓄ꁝ꒤ꋊ꒯ꏂꋪ꒐ꋊꍌ ꁝꏂꋬꋪ꓄"
Insoniti (Scout/guard) of the Wikimak Pride

~ ꉣꏂꋪꇙꄲꋊꋬ꒒꒐꓄ꌦ ~
He comes off as serious at first, but after he becomes comfortable with folks do his real colors show. He still holds his somewhat serious demeanor and composure, but he's a bit more laid back, content to entertain small talk or get to know the creature he's speaking to. When it comes to females, however, once comfortable around their presence he tends to be a jokester and a bit of a flirt. He particularly enjoys the reactions he gets. Whether it be shock, surprise, agitation or even anger. Despite this demeanor, he still enjoys getting to know the girls and does ultimately calm down after a while... though that side of him tends to rear its ugly head time and time again.

~ ꃳꋬꉔꀘꍌꋪꄲ꒤ꋊ꒯ ~
He had always been within the pride of Wikimak, from the time he was born until now. Everything always seemed rather normal when it came to life there. However, once the silver pelts came and infiltrated the territory and separated the pride, he was at a loss. He had never been so far away from home. He had run all the way to the territory of the scorpion, snake, and prairie dog, the prairies far off from the forests he had grown up in. He stayed in this place for quite some time before he saw Alosaka, a cubhood friend, coming out from nowhere. Finally, a face he recognized! Alosaka had spoken to him of what happened to, both, the pride and to himself. It was all so sad at first but now knowing that Wicasa had spoken to Alosaka, it had to be true. The two ultimately came back to the original pride territory and Kwatoko has integrated back into everyday life. He enjoys his rank, what he does, and the life there. Though there are many pride members still missing, he tries to look on the bright side. One day, they will be whole again.

~ ꂵ꒐ꇙꉔꏂ꒒꒒ꋬꋊꏂꄲ꒤ꇙ ꒐ꋊꊰꄲꋪꂵꋬ꓄꒐ꄲꋊ ~
❧ He's currently traveling with Degotoga, a fellow insoniti. They are required to have a second guard around when leaving the territory.
❧ His scent smells of lavender and strawberries, with the slightest hint of mint.
❧ Kwatoko is three years old.
❧ He's single... although usually looking.
❧ His name's meaning came from a time when a great thunderstorm plagued the forests of Wikimak. There was a native man wandering wet in the forest, and so Kwatoko lead him back to the pride, where the, once, many members warmed him up and kept him dry until the storm passed. His name's meaning was given then, in testament to his big heart in the heat of a storm.
❧ He's got a voice actor! He sounds like Mitsuhide from Snow White with the Red Hair.
Child of the Living God
Doodler | Roleplayer
trading group!
Convocation
Valley of Kings
Three Pine Range
Meekins12345

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MySpoons » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:02 am

@meekins12345 accepted! I'll post an intro to the main thread once I wake up fully lol

EDIT: Meekins, I'm going to list Kwatoko as a young adult. Is that accurate? Like the human equivalent of someone in the early twenties.
Last edited by MySpoons on Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗗
struggling mar. 14

𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗣𝗧𝗦 [Masterlist]
𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘 [Trades]
Heya, I'm MySpoons!
Artist | World Builder

Ace | She/Her/They/Them

358 Pets Left
to a complete collection

Trades | Auctions

ABOUT ME
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meekins12345 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:14 am

Cool! And that's fine. He probably is a young adult, Haha. Thanks for asking. Can't wait to see who else joins!

EDIT: Also, I see that I failed to put down my pride's leader. I see it's remained at unnamed ;u; If you wanted, you don't have to if you don't want to, for the leader position on the offical RP Thread, you could place down Tonimatoak (Chief) Alosaka.
Child of the Living God
Doodler | Roleplayer
trading group!
Convocation
Valley of Kings
Three Pine Range
Meekins12345

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firedancer77 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:56 am

out of curiosity, what is required for us to put in a character form? c:

Isle of Roses | Valley of Kings

One of these days a-coming, I'm gonna take that boy's crown

Cause I am, I am a little wicked
I am, I am
Hands red, hands red just like he said

I am a little wicked

No one calls you honey when you're sitting on a throne
Firedancer77

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MySpoons » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:10 am

Firedancer77 wrote:out of curiosity, what is required for us to put in a character form? c:

Have at least 1 VOK lion you're willing to RP :P

Other than that, all I need for the font page is name, age (please describe in terms such as adult, cub/etc but you can also include years c:), and title/rank. That's pretty much it! You can reveal as little or as much about your characters :)

Oh, and if they are a VOK lion or an NPC
𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗗
struggling mar. 14

𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗣𝗧𝗦 [Masterlist]
𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘 [Trades]
Heya, I'm MySpoons!
Artist | World Builder

Ace | She/Her/They/Them

358 Pets Left
to a complete collection

Trades | Auctions

ABOUT ME
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firedancer77 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:13 am

Haraka | Isle of Roses
Female | Young Adult | Huntress | VOK

If there is one word to describe Haraka, it is volatile. You can never be quite sure what will set her off, but there are plenty of things that will. Her tongue is just as swift as her paws, and she is always quick to retaliate with a quip if someone is talking to her. While it is generally meant to be teasing and fun, Haraka's attitude does get nasty when provoked. If you get on her bad sign, she will not hesitate to pick on you and give you a tongue lashing whenever she's upset. Luckily, Haraka doesn't hold grudges for all that long: if you give her some time to stew, she'll eventually calm down and act as if it never happened. While it is not the most healthy course of action, it's how Haraka chooses to handle her emotions. She tries to run away from her problems, no matter how many hoops she'll have to jump through to try and avoid them. This causes her plenty more problems, but Haraka does her best to ignore them. Sooner or later, she'll encounter a scenario where that doesn't work anymore, and that is when Haraka will have to experience some actual growth. Despite her flaws, Haraka is incredibly passionate in what she believes and her relationships; she loves fiercely and that love will spur her forward. Sometimes this proves to be an issue, like when she acts recklessly, but she often proves her loyalty to her friends and the pride in these moments, even if the way she was acting only a bit prior made it seem as if she couldn't care less.
Firedancer77

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me