Curse of the Sixth | discussion & forms o&a

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Curse of the Sixth | discussion & forms o&a

Postby multicurious » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:26 pm

Main Thread

Altharia

A world governed by six absolute rulers known as Dragonlords. Dragonlords were the dragon gods, creatures that held power over people, dragons, and other creatures. They each had a specific power set. Four of the Dragonlords held the elements in their claws: Air, Fire, Earth, and Water. However, the two most powerful Dragonlords, brother and sister, held the power of creation and death itself. The sister, Deiana, was creation. Odon, the brother, was death. Together, they brought balance to Altharia along with the other four. Ever since the dawn of time, Altharia was a land of peace and order.

But over time, Odon felt overshadowed by his sister. To prove his superiority and power, he attempted to use Creative magic and made a new form of human. However, Odon was never meant to harness Creative power, and the heart of his creation was corrupted from the start because of his foul intentions and pride. The corruption spread like an infection to the hearts of other humans, and the infected eventually lost their sense of humanity. They were called The Cursed. Because of what he did, the other five Dragonlords captured Odon and put him on trial. They decided to imprison him, enchanted into eternal sleep. The evil, however, continued to spread and the number of Cursed kept growing. The only safe place for the survivors was in the North, which gave them hope for a better future.

Still, not everyone could get there.
Last edited by multicurious on Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
multicurious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Curse of the Sixth | discussion & forms. dnp

Postby multicurious » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:26 pm

R U L E S

— Please try to use correct grammar and punctuation.
Good: "Hello, how are you?" She said, smiling.
BAD: hi how r u
— Try to post at least three full sentences. I understand if you've got 'writer's block' or something, but try to do more than "He smiled and left." It's very hard for someone to reply to that.
— Please, don't kill another person's character unless you've asked for their and my permission first.
— Keep signatures disabled! It's just cleaner.
— Dragons and humans are able to have powers. Dragons are even able to harness some elemental powers, but nothing on the scale of the Dragonlords. Humans are more commonly able to use powers that are learned(using magical spellbooks, etc.). Children of Odon and Deiana have inherited a fraction of their parent's power, though more will be explained as the characters are made and the plot advances.
— Drama is highly encouraged, just PM me for any plot twists that relate to the story.
— You can have as many characters as you can handle.
— If you're consistently online and posting in other topics but not in this one for over a week, you'll be removed from the character list.
— As Dragonlords are limited spots, only one per person.
— Put the word "udon noodles" in the other part of your form to prove you've read the rules.
— No Gary/Mary Sues. Your character must have downsides. Nobody's perfect, after all.
— All of Tess's rules apply.
— You don't have to make a boy for every girl, but keep genders even. That being said, keep species even, too. If you make a dragon, make a human and vice versa.
— Keep all OOC talk and forms on the discussion thread.
multicurious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Curse of the Sixth | discussion & forms. dnp

Postby multicurious » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:30 pm

Form

Feel free to make your own form! This is just a basic one. Asterisked questions are REQUIRED.

Code: Select all
[list][img]Image Here[/img]
Username:
*Name:
*Powers(if any):

*Species:
*Dragonlord's child? (Note that they can only be human):
*Dragonlord?:

Sexuality:
Crush:
Mate/Spouse:
Children:

*Personality;
*History;
Other:
[/list]
multicurious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Curse of the Sixth | discussion & forms o&a

Postby multicurious » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:35 pm

*Permission was given by artist to repost this photo as long I provide a link to her blog. Mineral Dragons by Frances Lane.*
Human Form Face Claim: Alexandra Breckenridge
D E I A N A

"When you look for the answers to life, life has a habit of changing the question."

name; deiana/diana cromwell in human form
    gender; female
    age; immortal/ageless
    rank; dragonlord
    powers; like all dragons, she can shift into her human form. deiana can also harness the power of creation, which can be as small as building an ant colony to as big as an entire ecosystem. Inanimate objects like rocks take little to no effort for Deiana to create, but living things require energy and life. In order to create a living thing, it drains some of her own energy and life, depending on the creature. For example, humanity and dragons are the most complex, and require the most life force when creating them en masse. Creating a single individual takes less effort, but she normally leaves reproduction up to those who have already been created, anyways. She is also quite capable of using arcane magic and spells.
    sexuality; heterosexual
    crush; open
    mate; open
    children; her child.

Deiana is generally a kind, gentle, loving, and even motherly dragon. She has an almost abnormally calm and serene personality and almost constantly gives off an aura of serenity and composure, rarely displaying intense emotions of anger or fear. She is very empathetic towards the citizens of Altharia, and is fiercely proud of them. When they suffer, it pains her to see it. She is known for typically speaking in a calm, collected voice, and being firm, but reasonable and kind. However, Deiana could have even the most hardy dragons cowering before her if she was angry enough. She is not above dealing out harsh punishments to those who misbehave, evidenced by her action of "cursing" the fire Dragonlord, Blaise, to turn into ash every 1000 years. Overall, Deiana is very benevolent and wise, always looking out for all within Altharia and hoping to create a better future.
    Ever since Deiana and the other Dragonlords created Altharia, Deiana ruled righteously and treated all their subjects equally. She devoted much time to their affairs and helped them when they were in need. Eventually, Deiana would come to meet a man named Rego, whose kindness and mercy knew no bounds. The goddess highly valued him, and eventually they both fell in love. Like all dragons, Deiana could take the form of a human. And in this way, she could be with the man she loved. Together, the two married and started a family. Deiana was stuck in human form for the duration of the pregnancy, but what's nine months to an immortal deity? After the child was born, Deiana was able to go back to her duties as Dragonlord while also spending time with her family. For two years, they were happy. If only she had known what Odon had been plotting, things might have gone in a different direction. Unbeknownst to the rest of the Dragonlords, her brother had already tried to reform humanity and unleashed the infection into the populace. It took a couple of months before there were enough Cursed to actually be noticed, after they had already decimated dozens of villages in the South. Deiana and her family had a quiet home many miles south from the capital, in the town of Gowrie. One night, Rego woke her because he heard something strange outside. When they got up to investigate, they barely reached the living room when their front door was blown off its hinges. Outside, a mob of black-skinned humanoids with glowing red eyes and clawed fingers began closing in on them. Rego tried defending them with just his sword, but the wounds left the Cursed unfazed. Deiana was able to deter them briefly with magic, but nothing substantial. One of the Cursed managed to get close to Rego, and plunged its clawed hand into his chest, piercing his heart. Deiana looked on in horror as her husband's skin began to wither and blacken, his eyes glowing red. He became one of them. Panicked, Deiana retreated into the back room with her child, picked up the two-year old, and blew a hole in the wall to escape through. Rego's horse was still in the barn, and since it was difficult to carry a small human child in giant dragon claws, the horse was their way out. They rode all the way back to the capital, where Odon was publicly claiming responsibility for The Cursed. Suddenly enraged as the grief from the last few hours came flooding back with the new betrayal, Deiana called the Dragonlords to help capture Odon. When all was said and done, Odon was imprisoned in eternal sleep. Deiana entrusted her child to her closest human advisor, knowing full well that The Cursed were still a major threat. So she ordered that her advisor take and raise the child far away from civilization. That was the last time she ever saw her child, and around twenty years later, she can only hope that they're safe.

*Image was commissioned by me and masterfully created by my real life friend, Matt Dallas.*
Face Claim: Katie McGrath
R A G N A V O I D

"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."

name; ragnavoid/void ell in human form. she normally refers to herself as void, anyways.
    gender; female
    age; 24
    rank; dragon citizen
    powers; like all dragons, she can shift into her human form. she can also shapeshift into a shadow-form of a wolf and manipulate the shadows around her. she also has some arcane ability.
    sexuality; bisexual
    crush; open
    mate; open
    children; n/a

Passionate, independent, and unafraid to blaze her own trail no matter what others think, Ragnavoid makes a statement wherever she goes. She loves debates, isn't afraid of controversy, and won't back down from a fight. She hates when people aren't genuine, and is all about being authentic—even if authentic isn't pretty. Because of all of these traits, Ragnavoid can seem intimidating and somewhat closed off to those who don't know her well. But what people don't realize is that even though she may seem brusque, she is also very in tune with her emotions, and sometimes may find herself caught up in her feelings. This leads to Void's central conflict: her feelings are what drive her and strengthen her, but their mutability can scare her and make her feel vulnerable and out of control. Because of this conflict, she puts up an outer shell and may seem prickly. But once people get beyond the shell, they find a loyal, loving person whose passion knows no bounds. Ragnavoid dives into all life has to offer with 110% enthusiasm. She will be your most loyal friend, most dedicated worker—and your worst enemy, if she wants to be.
    Ragnavoid was originally created by Deiana as a weapon to help combat The Cursed, being deployed by the Dragonlords to the South to take out as many of Odon's creations as possible. However, Void was unhappy with this way of life, and eventually convinced Deiana to let her choose her own path. Now, she's a bit of a wanderer, just trying to find a place that would suit her. She tends to fit in more with humans than other dragons, as most other adult dragons are far, far older than her due to her unique origins.
Last edited by multicurious on Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:34 pm, edited 7 times in total.
multicurious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby multicurious » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:36 pm

Face claim: Tom Mison
E L I A S

"We are not makers of history. We are made by history."

name; elias crane
    gender; male
    age; 35
    occupation; scribe/historian
    powers; He is skilled in the arcane.
    sexuality; pansexual
    crush; open
    mate; open
    children; n/a

Chief among Elias's traits is his fierce drive for success. Elias is strong-minded and mature, and he is always on his A-game. He is competitive and loves a challenge, and loves when a solid structure is put into place. Elias is incredibly disciplined and will always ensure that a project, no matter how big or small, is seen through to its completion. He can be highly career-focused. He secretly wishes to be able to take care of everything himself and can often work himself to the bone as a result. At times, Elias can be materialistic and even snobbish, acting as though he knows more than anyone else. He can also be extremely generous, however, sweeping in heroically for his loved ones in their time of need.
    Elias was born and raised in the Capital of Ardeth. Like himself, his parents were both historians of some note, encouraging their son to follow in their footsteps. Fascinated by history, he gladly obliged. After his parents had retired, Elias took over their work. Due to his career-oriented mindset, Elias hasn't had much time to look for a family. He is quite content with his current status, however nagging from his parents about settling down tends to cause him stress.
Last edited by multicurious on Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.
multicurious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Romeo Montagu » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:28 pm

(IMG)
    Username: Romeo Montagu
    *Name: Blaise
    *Powers(if any): Pyrokenisis, Reforge Self from Ash, Human Form

*Species: Dragon
    *Dragonlord's child? (Note that they can only be human): Nien
    *Dragonlord?: The Fifth (Fire)

Sexuality: Anything goes
    Children: (ask me)
    Family?: Avell Prae

*Personality; Blaise is rather suave but once you get to know him (most likely in his human form) he is rather warm and cuddily and easy to get along with. This became moreso after Avell was "born" and Blaise was decided as the caretaker. Blaise ends up loving nearly everyone he meets after his most recent reforgery, symptoms are similar to theWilliams Syndrome but far more docile.

*History; Blaise used to be quite the hot-headded individual over several milennia ago, when Altharia was still forming. He used to get mad at everything. His unyeilding anger led to him filling The Second's mountains will lava, creating pools of it under the ground, making large lakes created by The Third boil. His rage filled the skies, creating hot and humid air, ruining the liveable atmosphere that The Fourth had so delicatly created. This anger was quickly stilled as Deiana came and repremanded him... by 'cursing' him to turn to ash every 1000 years, starting then.

Nearly 1000 years from present Blaise had turned into ash yet again, he thought nothing of it at that point, although for the first time he was alone. As he was a mere pile of ash a water dragon had crept upon his pile and had stolen a meager amount of his ahes. After he had reformed himself from the ashes he gave chase in his renewed body, only to see the corpse of the water dragon, and wiggling in the water dragon's arms, where the ash had once been, was a small baby blue dragon.

Scooping up the youngling he had brought him to Deiana and had hasily explained the situation. Deiana was rather nonchalant about the whole situation and told him to 'take care of the hatchling'. Sighing he decided on a name for the youngin, Avell Prae. They stayed closer then two peas in a pod and became close brothers.

The siblings were surprised at Odon's outburst. Although Blaise absolutly didn't want Avell to participate in the capture of Odon, he had helped, against Blaise's wishes. During the trial Blaise felt remourse for Odon, pitying him because he was able to relate to him, only slightly. Knowing this he decided to abstain in the vote.

Over the years Blaise hasn't had many children, if any - he was fairly preoccupised with taking care of Avell for such a long time that he hasn't really tried to have children.

Other: "udon noodles"

Human Form;
    Human Form Name; Aidian Shula
    Eye Color; Dark red
    Outfit; Black leather- lots of it, his glasses - he doesn't need them but he enjoys them

Thank you to turqoisekitten17 on Pintrest for the permission of the use of the picture of Blaise's human form!

Last edited by Romeo Montagu on Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:43 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Romeo Montagu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Romeo Montagu » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:29 am

Username: Romeo Montagu
    *Name: Avell Prae
    *Powers(if any): Water & Steam Manipulation, Reforge Self from Ash

*Species: Dragon
    *Dragonlord's child? (Note that they can only be human): No
    *Dragonlord?: No

Sexuality: None
    Crush: Unable
    Mate/Spouse: Unable
    Children: Not Willing

*Personality; Avell is apathetic to everyone but Blaise. He seems cold and calculating but in reality due to the unusual circumstances of his birth he is unable to feel love, for all of that energy must of stayed with Blaise. He usually doesn't bother befriending anyone because he feels he only has a real connection to Blaise, for various obvious reasons.
    *History;
    Other:

Thank you 三千 (their known alias) for going through the trouble of having a google translate - chat with me, and coming to an understanding about how the credit should be given for the image! They wanted a link to their game site and complete credit to them!
Last edited by Romeo Montagu on Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Romeo Montagu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby multicurious » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:46 pm

Casual bump.
multicurious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koi.fish » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:12 pm

Username: LunarDragonTamer
    *Name: Avem Sinclair
    *Powers (if any): She can create inanimate objects with ease no matter how big or small but she can only create small living creatures like insects or small mammals or amphibians etc. But of course, she doesn’t know that.

*Species: Human
    *Dragonlord’s child? (Note that they can only be human): Yes
    *Dragonlord?: No

Sexuality: Straight
    Crush: Open
    Mate/Spouse: None
    Children: None

*Personality: Avem is quiet and intelligent. She prefers to read instead of be outside but when she and her guardian can’t find any food, she goes to the village to steal. Avem doesn’t steal for the fun of it, she only does it when she has to. Avem is known to have a short temper though. She’s hard-working when it comes to studying but when she does hunting or any type of sport, she doesn’t tend to work as hard. Her intelligence tends to keep her out of trouble and her quietness makes her quite a good thief. One of Avem’s imperfections is how proud she is. Her guardian always tell her that her pride will be her downfall if she’s not careful. She tends to daydream often and reads a lot.
    *History: Avem was raised in a cave deep in the forest by her guardian. They told her that her father was killed and her mother sent her away for her own safety but Avem didn’t care. She thought that her mother was a horrible person who would abandon her own child. Avem always resented the though of her mother. The guardian taught her how to read and hunt but Avem refused to hunt animals so she became a vegetarian. She was taught how to pick-pocket and steal food as well as many other things but she grew up not knowing who she really is.
    Other: Udon Noodles.

I will add the image once I get my grandfather’s laptop.
██
██
██
██
██
──── 𝐤 𝐨 𝐢𝐟 𝐢 𝐬 𝐡 ─────────────────────────────
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
feel free to call me koi,
whatever floats your boat
she/they ● AEDT ● average
fish and chips enjoyer

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx