Reedclan ☼ romance rp

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Beetleheart, Toadcatcher, Foxbriar, Flickerpaw

Postby avicularia » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:41 am

BEETLEHEART
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

female || deputy || 52 moons old || tagged; hawkthroat, adderstar, waspfur

Beetleheart was exhausted. Despite her trying and trying, tossing and turning, sleep rarely came to the molly, even stretched out beside her loving mate. Oftentimes, she found herself in the dark, staring at the soft brown pelt and wondering what would happen if he, like Adderstar's mate, passed away. She'd be devastated. But would she be as lost as her leader, sinking into a deep depression and unable to rise for quite some time? Shaking her head at the thought, she finally gave into the morning and rose on four sturdy limbs, yawning as she exited the den. Like most mornings, she left Hawkthroat to snooze.

Immediately, she caught Adderstar's scent on the breeze, meandering her way to it. If she was late to start the day, it would look bad on her, though she doubted he would have said anything. She had led the clan in the week he couldn't rise. Beetleheart didn't blame him at all. In fact, after that first day where she had gone to him in an attempt to stir him from his sadness, she hadn't tried again, opting only to sit with the tom and offer her presence as comfort. She knew if she pushed, it would have taken even longer for him to become their leader again.

Now, she approached with a subtle smile, happy to see him out and about. It still seemed precarious, as if one small thing that happened would send him running back to his den. But if that did happen, she'd be here for him and the clan. Waspfur walked up at the same time.
      "Good morning, Adderstar, Waspfur," she said softly, turning her eyes to judge the kill pile. At least it wasn't leafbare and could be filled to the brim without too much trouble. She sat next to him, pulling her tail close to herself. "What are the plans for today?"

TOADCATCHER

male || warrior || 33 moons old || tagged; open, Pantherstride - mentioned

Toadcatcher woke up all at once, springing to his feet. Ever since he was arranged a mate, he couldn't stand to fall asleep in the confines of a den, her scent filling up his nose. This feeling came with intense guilt. He was supposed to love her and raise kits with her, but he wanted none of it. Instead, he had taken to sleeping under the stars, traipsing back at sunrise so no one would know that the tom had other ideas. Worse still, he knew that it wasn't Pantherstride's fault he felt this way. She was a fine cat, even pretty. This just isn't what he wanted.

Sighing to himself, he started back to camp. Rethinking this, he turned back and headed toward the thicker trees, not wanting to come face to face with anyone, as he had woken up later than usual. Picking up his pace, he approached the shallow stream, heading toward to it cool is dry throat. The water was a relief, and he downed more than he should have, filling his empty belly. There, he lazily laid on the bank. They would call a meeting if there were things that needed to be done. Until then, he decided he didn't really need to be there.

Ever since he had been paired with his mate, Toadcatcher had become more withdrawn. This wasn't the life he wanted. More and more often, he found his mind turning to those days he had had in the wilderness. Memories of the hawk kept him from running from his place. Even now, his wide yellow eyes turned up to the sky, desperately looking for a predator from above. Maybe it would be best to get back to camp...

FOXBRIAR

female || warrior || 41 moons old || tagged; open

She hated mornings. The morning birds seemed to taunt her with their happy, carefree song. Everything was going wrong. No kits. Dead mate. And now a new mate who seemed as distant and cold as the night sky. Still, Foxbriar wouldn't let it get her down. At least she was paired with someone who understood her and who she could understand her. It would obviously take some time for the two to heal, and she held the hope they could do that together.

For now, she was seated on the sloped, sandy beach, waiting for the apprentices to appear. She didn't have one herself, which was another slight irritation to the molly. If she could invest her time in something like teaching, at least she could keep the pessimistic thoughts at bay. Foxbriar often settled for watching them train, lending a paw if it was needed, and if it wasn't, simply cheering them on at the sidelines.

And, of course, she was always ready to help the clan with what she could. She was sure hunting would be on the books for today, something she excelled at. Fighting was not her strong suit, but she did love the thrill of the chase. Her favorite prey to catch were birds, but nothing beat the taste of fresh rabbit.

FLICKERPAW

female || apprentice || 8 moons old || tagged; apprentices, marigoldpaw

Flickerpaw was deep in a dream when something smashed her back paw, causing her to immediately sit upright and cast accusatory eyes on the nearest cat - Wanderpaw. Grumbling slightly and still casting him dirty looks, she shook stood herself up, shaking the debris he had scattered on top of her back to the ground. "Watch what you're doing!' she spoke up, slinking to the right of him and moving toward the exit of the den.

That was before she heard her sister speak up, urging her onward and rushing passed her, out into the morning. The other apprentices were lucky this morning. Normally, she'd stay in the den and invest time in talking to whoever would listen. But Wanderpaw had put her in a sour mood, and she wanted to escape his presence as quickly as possible. Plus, her sister was already out of the den. Quickly, she followed after Marigoldpaw, her own head held a little lower than usual, still silently cursing Wanderpaw for stepping on her.

"I think we've already proven that," she said sourly, racing to catch up and falling in step with her sister. Already, she was walking with a little more pep, brought out by Marigoldpaw. "I think we should prove we're ready for a tiger!"
Last edited by avicularia on Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
avicularia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Reedclan ☼ romance rp

Postby GoldleafOG » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:49 am

Marigoldpaw / Female / 8 Moons / Apprentice / Crush: None / Mentions: Flickerpaw, Silentberry

Sensing her sister's mood once she caught up, Marigoldpaw nudged her gently, "Ah, don't worry about Wanderpaw." She mumbled quietly so he couldn't hear, "He's more scattered than a beehive." She stood up and jumped playfully, "That tiger is going down!" She meowed, shaking some frustration off from Wanderpaw's antics. Hopefully she didn't ever get assigned with that cat - no way someone so skittish could match her confident but awkward personality. She kept this thought to herself, assigned mates was the one thing she wouldn't dare argue with. Her own mother hadn't spoken badly about her arrangment so she knew to follow suit.
GoldleafOG

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☼ smokecloud, daisyheart, and swanfeather i.

Postby guh-huh! » Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:21 pm

SMOKECLOUD!. / /
      ━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━ feeling; friendly x ` role; warrior x ` tagged; fallencloud (mention), open

xxxxsmokecloud awoke with a beam of light irritating his eyes; nature's reminder that he had to get up. but for now, he turned his back to the sunlight and dug his head into the soft moss bedding to avoid the morning doves' songs. however, as fallencloud began to stir alongside him, the smokey tom realized that he could possibly get a stretch and a snack in before patrols were assigned.

xxxxthe sunrise was near. it wasn't quite morning yet; but smokecloud stared at the rising sun with tired eyes. the olive, shining orbs of the cat's chiseled face glimmered in the sunrise. the young warrior's sleep was as restless as it had ever been, and he awoke to a stabbing pain in his spine. the tom pulled himself into an upright position, his jaws parting in a wide yawn before snapping shut almost automatically. as the rest of the clan began to rise, smokecloud couldn't help but follow the moving few of the den.

xxxxbefore this, he playfully prods at fallencloud with a soft paw: not wanting her to oversleep or get chastised for missing a morning patrol. there's nothing inherently romantic about it, as fallencloud never returned his initial attraction to her, and he completely accepted her choices with no resistance. but, if the clan demanded it, they could stay civil- and friendly- to one another over the years.

xxxxas he steps out into the cloudy day, he shakes the remaining moss imbedded into his pelt from last night, and takes a few lazy strides into camp.

DAISYHEART! . / /
      ━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━ feeling; upbeat x ` role; warrior x ` tagged; duskpaw

xxxxthe golden molly slept well, all things considered. her assigned mate and her were both cats who, while staying faithful and respected the clan code, were independent in their own lives and feelings. although getting used to a shared nest was something she'd have to work on, as her paws would often stick out of the nest to avoid bothering hawkthroat further. daisyheart often slept like a rock regardless of her situation, so she was willing to try her best to accommodate her new mate.

xxxxeven if he seemed more invested in his previous mate than her, daisyheart believed that she could continue to support her clan like she always had; regardless of whom she shared her nest with at night. she'd dealt with worse things than this, and she's not about to complain when others seemed to have it much worse.

xxxxshe awakes when a small piece of moss bedding begins to tickle at her nose, and her eyes snap open with an abrupt sneeze. daisyheart quickly whispers an apology to anybody she might have awoken, but luckily, the den seems to be dimly lit enough that she could potentially avoid being acknowledged as the cat whom disrupted the peace, and she slips out of the den within the next minute.

xxxxseeing the deputy and leader talking, she can only assume that the patrols are being sent out. she'll work on some hunting practices with duskpaw today- hopefully building confidence in the young molly- regardless on if they're put on the patrol or not. daisyheart had always tried her best to make her apprentice feel appreciated and a good future warrior; but even daisyheart had doubts as an apprentice she could never shake. things fade with time, she supposes.

xxxxshe quickly nods a good morning to the awake apprentices outside of the den before heading in to get duskpaw.

SWANFEATHER!. / /
      ━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━ feeling; lazy x ` role; queen x ` tagged; minnowkit, and squirrelkit

xxxxgetting sleep was hard enough on its own, but with two small kits mewling for her attention every odd minute of the day, swanfeather seemed to become more drowsy as the days trekked on. luckily, the kits were healthy and awake, allowing her to remain calm and collected this morning as she lazily cleans her pelt.

xxxxsince she wasn't about to be set off on a patrol, swanfeather let her eyes slowly close for a few minutes longer. tucking her paws into the warmth of her long fur to try and catch some more of the sleep that seemed to evade her daily.
guh-huh!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

001 ☼ Iris, Dusk, Crest, Hawk & Root

Postby Rae'tia » Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:02 pm

☆☽☆
̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶  Irispetal  ̶ ̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶  
queen ⇼ 42m ⇼ Female
Tags: Open ⇼ Location: Nursery

indentation Floating down from the top of the world, was something Irispetal hated these days. Mostly because it was less floating and more crashing these days. The process of waking up always felt like that, at least for her. Her dreams were full of joy, a large family of six cats, Irispetal and her beloved mate; Cicadafur - arranged or not - and four healthy kits. Some of that happiness seemed to dry up as she woke, coming back to the real world, where Cicadafur most likely didn't feel the same. Though at the very least, she hadn't gotten a hint that he felt for someone else. Yet, she thought morosely as she blinked sleep out of her eyes. Glancing down at her plump stomach she sighed, thankful that she was still new enough to the pregnancy that she didn't have to waddle around yet.

indentationWhile she hadn't asked Honeybloom or Lunapaw to tell her how many kits there were just yet. Not only because she didn't know if they could tell yet, but because she didn't want to be disappointed if they were wrong. The pale tabby shook her head as she got to her paws, intent on getting some minor exercise while she still could move around easily. But she also didn't want to leave the nursery just yet and ended up pacing the edges of the den. Though she made sure to graciously avoid going near Swanfeather and her little kits, to allow them some rest, and stayed quiet as possible.

☆☽☆
̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶  Duskpaw  ̶ ̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶  
Apprentice ⇼ 8 moons ⇼ Female
Tags: Daisyheart ⇼ Location: Camp

indentation It was safe to say that Duskpaw hated sleeping in the apprentice's den. With so many cats sleeping there, it was almost impossible to not touch someone, even accidentally. With her sensitivity to touch these days, sleeping in that den was less of a chore and more impossible. So she'd taken to sleeping quite literally in the entrance of the den or in the very back, and getting up before most of the other apprentices usually did. This usually worked, though it did make some of her clan-mates give her strange looks, it did cause a few annoyances for other apprentices and their mentors though. She figured that most chalked it up to her rogue blood showing itself, so she didn't really care. Or at least she wouldn't admit that she cared what they thought of her.

Thankfully, this day she'd gotten up before the sun, and managed to get a quick bite to eat too. Having already buried what was left of her meal - a small pile of bones from the snake - she allowed herself to relax, before spotting her mentor. Duskpaw chuckled, and called out, "Over here, Daisyheart!"

☆☽☆
̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶  Crestflight  ̶ ̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶  
Warrior ⇼ 18m ⇼ Female
Tags: Open ⇼ Location: Warriors den/Camp

indentation The shadows from the light of the moon was something she adored. She dreamed about the moon and its soft rays often, basking in its quiet protective light. They fought off shadows and the vile things that lurked in them, keeping her safe. Those dreams were always short, but sweet nonetheless. As always she was slow to wake after those dreams, desperately trying to claw her way back to the comforting dream, but ultimately failing. A soft sigh left her as she realized despite the darkness surrounding her, she was awake. Her eyes flickered open, oh that's why it's so dark. Crestflight thought with a mocking chuckle, she shook her head and nuzzled into the cool moss for a moment. Another sigh left her as she figured she should probably get up. Pausing to stretch, the flame-point she-cat slowly got to her paws, blinking the sleep out of her eyes.

indentationCarefully avoiding some of her still sleeping clan-mates the feline made a b-line for the entrance of the den. She grimaced as the sun burned her eyes for a few heartbeats before relaxing. Stepping out into the camp, she noted Thrushheart stepping into camp and stopped to purr for a heartbeat, before moving on deciding not to bother him while he seemed busy. She stepped towards the fresh-kill pile to check on it, not feeling all that hungry. It seemed that it was in a good state, but she didn't think many had grabbed something to eat yet. Hopefully a hunting patrol will be set out soon.

☆☽☆
̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶  Hawkthroat  ̶ ̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶  
Warrior ⇼ 39m ⇼ Male

indentation A storm clouded his mind on the daily and had so since the death of his beloved. His claws dug into the soft moss below him as he stared out of the entrance of the den. He barely spared his newly assigned mate a glance as she left the den, he hadn't been awake for long but figured that he could take his time today, maybe let Flickerpaw start some chaos. After she'd started the chaos he'd check everything and then if required, drag her kicking and screaming to her mother. He huffed, shaking his head as he got up and padded into camp. Glancing around he spotted Adderstar, Beetleheart, and Waspfur talking and had to force down the rush of anger and jealousy at Adderstar, along with a few others.

indentation Adderstar hadn't been assigned a new mate, something he wished he'd gotten the blessing of. Daisyheart was a good cat, and a good warrior and part of him cared for the sandy she-cat, but he didn't think he could ever bring himself to love her as anything more than a friend. Giving his jaw a lick and forcing his gaze away from the clan leader, the tom finished his looks over the camp, quickly spotted his apprentice; Flickerpaw, and relaxed a bit. She didn't seem to be making much trouble at the moment. Famous last words, Hawkthroat, Famous last words. He mused with some humor.

☆☽☆
̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶  Rootshadow  ̶ ̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶  
Warrior ⇼ 26m ⇼ Male
Tags: Open ⇼ Location: Camp

indentation As adaptable as he was, one thing he'd had trouble getting over was who Hiddenstone was arranged mates with. Not that he was in love with Hiddenstone, though he did like to think that before this they had an okay relationship. But His inability to do anything about his minor crush on Hiddenstones assigned mate; Silentberry was grating. He couldn't even gather the guts to admit it to anyone, or even attempt to get over it. Not that he wanted his crush to lessen, though that would seem a whole lot easier. So he'd taken to just glaring at Hiddenstone, and a few other clanmates so no one would think he had a problem with any single cat, or worse had a thing for either Hiddenstone or Silentberry. With Hiddenstone nowhere in sight, Rootshadow had taken to glaring at Darkstep. Who was a little scarier than Rootshadow would like to admit.

Jaws stretched wide as a yawn rushed up his throat, the patched tabby hummed, as he glared at Darkstep. Though he silently wondered if he should go and try to get assigned to a patrol, and get his blood pumping. Maybe he and Silentberry would get to go on patrol together!
Rae'tia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby squarshed » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:45 pm

✦OLIVEPAW ✦ FEMALE ✦ APPRENTICE ✦ TAGS ; open ✦ MENTIONS ; N/A✦

Olivepaw wasn’t necessarily asleep, but was more “resting her eyes” before having to get up for the day. However, she was still startled by Wanderpaw’s early morning scuffle. Olive eyes flung open as her tail instinctively bushed up in a defensive manner. A small grumble emitted from her as she aimed a nasty glare at the apprentice who was now rushing to reassemble both his nest and himself. Thankfully, no moss landed on her, but she still made an effort to toss a nearby piece towards his direction. Before she could snap at him, Sappaw spoke up, ”I agree,” was all the tabby could muster as she arose from the warm nest below and sauntered out of the den.

Free from the dim, cramped area, Olivepaw stretched so hard she swore she heard a joint crack. ”Where is Beetleheart? I am starving!”, she thought, eyes darting around camp. She felt a sharp feeling of annoyance, seeing her mentor with Adderstar, solely because that meant she would have to wait to eat. Joining the two didn’t even begin to cross her mind, and she instead decided to plop herself not far from the den’s entrance to attempt to clean her disheveled pelt. This typically didn’t take any precedence for her, but it wasn’t like there was much else to do. Sometimes, being an apprentice felt like the worst thing in the world to Olivepaw; she couldn’t do anything without explicit direction to do so, or else she ran the risk of getting in trouble somehow. And that was just unacceptable in her eyes. So instead she got stuck picking at her three-day-old mess of a pelt.

✦FALLENCLOUD ✦ FEMALE ✦ WARRIOR ✦ TAGS ; open ✦ MENTIONS ; Stormcloud✦

With light just beginning to filter into the den, Fallencloud awoke to a small prod, and only caught the swish of Stormcloud’s tail as he left by the time her eyes opened. The nest now all hers, she stretched her long limbs while laying in their shared warmth. It was comforting, even if she didn’t love Stormcloud like… that. But if you asked, she would say she was wonderfully fond of him ,and that would be no lie. He was kind, and had never questioned her awkward demeanor. It wasn’t uncommon for her to thank Starclan for her luck with something that had brought her so much dread for so long. Looking back on it, the idea of being mates to a tom-cat had never appealed to her. It never made sense. Why would she want that? Was she supposed to? It caused her more confusion than she cared to admit, and she had more than a few uproars over her frustration in her youth. Just thinking of her snapping remarks and shouts caused her to cringe in embarrassment, even if it made sense to have such big emotions over the whole ordeal. The only cat in the whole clan that knew had passed many moons ago, and despite the grief, it lifted a small weight off Fallencloud’s chest to know her secret had died alongside her.

A small shake of her head disrupted her thoughts ”We can’t be spiraling now, Fallencloud. There is far too much to do,” slowly sitting up straight, she blinked the light out of her eyes. ”I feel like my head is full of moss… what a lovely way to start this lovely day,” she muttered bitterly under her breath, trudging into camp. Even though irritation was making it’s way through her, Fallencloud made an effort to walk towards the heart of camp, determined to start her day off on the right foot. Perhaps a nice morning patrol alongside the river to get the blood flowing, or a gratifying hunt in the thick marsh. ”Good grief, I could go for a nice hearty frog right about now,” but as the thought crossed her mind the pitiful fresh-kill pile came into view, and a grimace reached her maw. Looks like a few extra hunting patrols were going to have to be sent out before she could get her paws on a meal.

✦ROSETALON ✦ MALE ✦ WARRIOR ✦ TAGS ; Foxbriar ✦ MENTIONS ; Beetleheart, Adderstar, Callingpaw, Waspfur✦

With his hardworking reputation, it was always a surprise to see Rosetalon sleeping in longer than most warriors. But he couldn't help it! The poor tom has never been a morning bird in his entire life, and he certainly wasn’t going to change that anytime soon. He didn’t even stir when Beetleheart slipped out of the den, leaving a patch of empty nest in her wake. By the time his eyes fluttered open, the den had nearly cleared out, and the shared nest had become cold to the touch. Only a scent remained, and Rosetalon didn’t even think before rolling into it, relishing it. By Starclan, he loved her. He loved her more than he could have ever imagined; just the thought of her fiery eyes and small smile made his heart swell and his ears warm, leaving him feeling whipped, like an apprentice loves their first “crush”. In fact, this was a driving force behind him finally getting up in the morning. If she wasn’t already out in camp (and he didn’t have a duty to uphold), the tabby would certainly choose to sleep his days away. Instead he chose to stretch his stiff joints and stroll into the dangerously bright camp, alert and searching. A wave of calmness washed over him when he caught sight of her, talking with Adderstar and Waspfur.

However, he opted to find someone else to speak with. Ever since the death of Adderstar’s mate, it felt inappropriate to join the two of them in the morning. He felt like an intruder, and wanted to give Adderstar space. It didn’t help that pain always accompanied him when he looked into the leader’s eyes. He reminded Rosetalon all too much of his old apprentice, Callingpaw. The tabby could only pray to Starclan above that the young molly was okay. It broke his heart to think of her; so much potential and kindness, shattered. Not that it was anyone’s fault. But that didn’t help relieve the tightness in his chest and the shaky breath he got when he thought of it. It devastated him, knowing he was unable to help his apprentice enough in her time of grief. He knew loss all too well; and yet it wasn’t enough. Taking a deep breath, he gave himself a moment to relax before setting his sights on Foxbriar. He was at best cordial with the molly, but out of all available cats, she seemed to be the best pick. Trotting over with a steady pace and dipping his head in acknowledgement, he started off with ”A fine morning, isn’t it? Hopefully it stays this way; I don’t think I could handle a rain-day today, of all days. Knock on wood.” His face twisted a bit at the mere thought of a rain shower, and he instinctively tapped the ground with his left paw as he sat on Foxbriar’s left side. He even went as far to take a quick glance at the sky to double-check that there was indeed not a single gray cloud.

✦HIDDENSTONE ✦ MALE ✦ WARRIOR ✦ TAGS ; Hawkthroat ✦ MENTIONS ; Silentberry, Fallencloud, Wanderpaw, Stormcloud (briefly)✦

The camp always felt peaceful at dawn, and Hiddenstone never missed a sunrise because of this. Even when he was young, there he would be, eyes glued to the pale sky, watching the moon fade over the horizon. It was honestly a little unnerving, and his mentor would often give him a playful swat for “being a little creep”. That didn’t stop the tradition though, and today was no different. Before the birds could even start to sing their morning song, he slipped out of his nest, taking care to not wake Silentberry, and slinked into camp. He took his place at the far west side of camp, and watched as the sun began to peak above the horizon. And in those moments he would think and reminisce. He felt like his life had been a good one so far; a few hiccups here and there, but for the most part, he was content. He didn’t dare to consider what he would do if he could change it. What would he do? The only thing that dared to cross his mind was maybe, just maybe, giving everycat some freedom. Freedom to love who they cared to love. This was always a fleeting thought, and he would feel shame spread through him when he did dare consider it.

But wouldn’t it be so much better? Then Silentberry, sweet, shy Silentberry, may not avoid his eyes, may not stay on the far side of their nest. She would have her own, and she would spread her small frame across the whole thing. And his sister… dear Starclan, his sister. He remembered her hisses and howls over this. She would pick a fight with anyone that dared to suggest her own pairing, aiming to slash them straight across the face. At night she would put her face in her paws, and her chest would shake, and he’d crawl into the nest with her, trying to provide any sort of comfort without having to say anything. Sure, she seemed okay now; Stormcloud was a fine warrior, and it was easy to see the kindness he had for Fallencloud. But no one could ever soothe Hiddenstone’s worries and thoughts. When he would land his eyes on the two, all he could feel was a sickeningly sad feeling swamp his heart. And no matter how gentle he was, no matter how kind he was, he could never love Silentberry. He tried. Really. Ever since they were paired, he gave her space, time, care and empathy. It did nothing. He concealed it fairly well, but it broke his heart to know this was their fate.

Finally, cats were rising from their nests, and the white warrior could find his mind focusing on less depressing things. Amusement had found its way into his heart as he watched Darkstep hiss into the apprentices den, and the aftermath of just about every apprentice getting scared half-to-death. It was even more funny to watch nearly half of them quickly dip out of the den with disgruntled looks on their faces. Popping his head in to grab Wanderpaw seemed like a decent idea, but he decided to give the young tom a few more moments to gather himself after the rude awakening. Hiddenstone instead opted to emerge from the shadows and approach Hawkthroat, another mentor, who had an equally troublesome apprentice to train. The two of them had more than a few instances where they would share an annoyed, or even a bemused look, depending on what was said or done by the young cats. The two were already a pawful on their own, but when training together things seemed to find a way to go even more wrong. So Hiddenstone found himself saving himself and Hawkthroat the trouble and would train typically with someone else. Alas, the tom had no real plans for training today, and could use a good idea or two. ”Goodmorning, Hawkthroat! It’s good to see you up, because I have managed to neglect making a plan for today. Did you have any ideas? And if so, would you like some company?”
squarshed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

𝐏𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐄 | ⚘ | 𝐒𝐍𝐎𝐖𝐘

Postby spotthecow » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:14 pm

𝐏𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐄
          pantherstride | reedclan warrior | molly | apprentice: houndpaw | mentions; toadcatcher, darkstep, houndpaw| tags; open
          ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
        xxxxxThe nest was always cold next to Pantherstride. They had been arranged for nearly twenty moons, but she swore up and down that every day it felt like he were never there for her, or when he was, it was an awkward kindness that even her charms had trouble breaking through. Not that she really cared, but the feline was more or less curious to learn about what Toadcatcher truly thought. The sleek, coal black molly never understood the concept of love to begin with, no matter how much it were brought up between other couples, love-sick apprentices or pesky elders in her mind. She tried very hard as an apprentice to understand this, but found that true feelings of any kind were difficult for her. Everyday was a cycle of pretending and slowly, but surely, Pantherstride was getting tired of it all. The lovely two-color eyed she-cat didn't have it easy, losing the only family she had ever known before she were even an apprentice. Being blind in one eye had it's problems too, not being able to see complete areas without completely turning her head was a rough situation at times, but she learned that it made her stronger too; being that Pantherstride had to work quite hard to get to where she was today.

Her tail tip twitched in silent frustration as she awoke in the morning. Hissing could be heard from dens over from Darkstep's loud voice and her ears flattened. 'Why so stars-- loud in the morning...' Her ears flicked before deciding to awake to go look for her own apprentice. Her eyes traveled across the rocky camp silently, observing the day beginning. Houndpaw had a fantastic work ethic, one which she did take quite a lot of pride in. She wished that Adderpaw would make him a warrior soon, taking note of just how well he had done in his training, but every time the black feline tried to speak to him, the tom would turn away.

𝐒𝐍𝐎𝐖𝐘
            snowy | kittypet | previously callingpaw of reedclan | molly | mentions; ---| tags; ---
            ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
          xxxxxThe beautiful feline despised sleep. The evening was far too long; full of treacherous nightmares of various repetitive cats in groups that Snowy just could not understand. Many dreams were of a large, uniquely marked tom and a silver molly who seemed to mirror her very own presence, disappearing into the depths of darkness like a warping apparition. But this was not the worst of her dreams. More and more often, she would faint in the middle of her very own home, a cozy brick housefolk place shared between herself, two other felines and a couple of friendly housefolk that had taken her in. Snowy didn't know why this occurred so frequently; she assumed it was due to an accident that her two companions had explained to her. "you were run over by a big ol' housefolk wheel, Snowy! You're so lucky that they found ya...But why were you runnin' to begin with?" A small, black and white tom had asked her, which in response, Snowy didn't have an answer no matter how much she thought about it. Her head just couldn't wrap around why tears were stained on her muzzle nor why she had the smell of a marsh nor why dirt was clung to the bottom of her paws, but this was many moons ago now; just about nineteen moons to be exact. Her life was great, she had plenty of food until her heart's content, the warmth of laying by a fireplace and playing with her friends all she wanted, despite having been careful not to run too much on her bent paw...however something didn't feel right...It was as though something was missing and she had one more question to ask herself.

Her pale, green eyes squinted wide-open as sunlight casted through the white lace drapes of her living room. The lovely molly stretched out on a denim couch then yawned, exhaustion and paranoia already following her as if it were a shadow watching her every move. This nightmare took her breath away; more than any other dream she had before. Immediately, the feline thought it over again and trembled. 'a long pathway of reeds and lakes...broken into darkness like glass...pouring rain...then lightning shattering the straight down the center of a rocky camp...young ones crying whose faces she could not see, many shadows screaming in the midst of the night...then the scent of blood and smoke from where the lightning arose turned a blistering red...the face of a large tom whom she recognized from her other dreams and in his eyes...those dark amber eyes...was a desperate cry for help.' Snowy took a deep breath then paced back and forth, thick tail thrashing. Her two companions, the black and white tom and old scraggly she-cat looked at each other and then to her. "Snowy? Snowy, are you okay?" The silver molly stopped in her tracks and looked to them with a frown. "You have both been so kind to me. You're my best friends, but I-I think I have to go." She mewed softly, "I don't know how long I'll be gone, but I promise I'll come back home."
          'Why does that word feel so wrong? '
      spotthecow

My pets
      My items
      My wishlist
      My gallery
      My scenes
      My dressups
      Trade with me

╭ ✦ reedclan - starter post

Postby cupidkiss » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:50 am

🎕── 𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐘𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐌
          ⊱ she-cat ⊱ medicine cat ⊱ tags: --, mentions thrushheart, lunapaw
          ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
            xxxxthe wobbly kitty was wide awake, carefully sorting her supply of herbs from the last herb hunting with her apprentice lunapaw. the shelves are usually plentiful, with herbs organized by use but even after their last gathering, they are still low on herbs. the medicine began making a mental note of herbs they were low on, "borage … feverfew … catni-" before honeybloom could finish her sentence, thrustheart dropped off a bundle of catnip and was gone as fast as he came. a smiled spread across her face, impressed at her ability to call in herbs whenever she'd like. she tried again, "dandelion!" she exclaimed, looking around for the herb to appear. "comfrey! … tansy!" but nothing appeared. no big deal, she'll take her apprentice to gather some herbs this morning. honeybloom turned around to her apprentice's nest and saw that it was empty. disappointed, she frowned at the sight. where did lunapaw run off to so quickly?

── 𝐂𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐃𝐀𝐅𝐔𝐑
          ⊱ tom-cat ⊱ reedclan warrior ⊱ tags: irispetal, mentions swanfeather
            xxxxcicadafur was up bright and early, which was the norm for him after being a warrior for so long. the rusty brown tom entered the camp with two nice, juice birds clutched in his jaws. he walked to the nursery where his pregnant mate irispetal settles until the birth of her kits. he always wanted a mate and kits of his own, but didn't expect it to happen so quickly, let alone with a warrior he wasn't too familiar with. despite his opinion on the arrangement, he still felt obligated to take care of irispetal and the kits... she was his mate after all.
            xxxxafter being deep in thought, he finally mate it to the nursery with a meal for his mate. "good morning, irispetal." he spoke with his mouth full of prey, "you hungry? i brought you this" dropping a bird at her paws. cicadafur looked around for swanfeather, only to see that she was still asleep. he brought a second mouse for her, as he thought it'll be rude to bring a single mouse to the nursery with two queens. without trying to wake her, he placed the bird close to her before moving back and settling beside irispetal. "how are you this morning?" he purred gently, "is there anything that needs to be reported to honeybloom?

── 𝐂𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐏𝐀𝐖
          ⊱ she-cat ⊱ reedclan app. ⊱ tags: darkstep, mentions apprentices, adderstar, bettleheart
            xxxxtired and awake, cinderpaw always found it hard to sleep at night. she could hear the owls and crickets sing at night, as if they were right outside the apprentices den. she could feel the pitter patter of nocturnal animals finally emerging from their hiding spots, and the early morning conversations of her clan-mates were no secret to her either. luckily, all of her peers were still asleep … for now. she could feel heavy vibrations move towards the apprentice den, a warrior. not sure who it was yet, but cinderpaw wasn't looking forward to this interaction.
            xxxx a dark colored tom approached the apprentice's den with a piercing statement, "only those who get out of bed find themselves on patrols" cinderpaw's ears swiveled nervously, it was darkstep. she should've guessed... he comes to wake the apprentices often, so it wasn't much of a surprise to see him. darkstep and cinderpaw's eyes met for a moment, before he spoke again, "...if youd like to be on one i suggest you join me." his change of tone was noticed by cinderpaw, but she was more worried about going on patrol with little sleep. she also realized that her noisy peers were now awake. todays gonna be a long day... she thought to herself.
            xxxxthe patterned she-cat finally rose from her nest and stretched her paws. cinderpaw glanced over at darkstep waiting in the middle of camp. she contemplated his suggestion for a moment... did she really want to join a patrol this sunrise? no. unfortunately, there wasn't much else to do and she didn't want to get on darkstep's bad side. so reluctantly, she exited the den and meet the tom in the middle of camp. all the apprentice gathered around, and some included their mentors. their voices cheery but overwhelming. she sighed and wonder how long it'll take for either adderstar or bettleheart to assign patrols.. or was darkstep assigning patrols today? after moments of silence, she finally spoke, "have you spoke to bettleheart or adderstar yet?" she mew, not quite knowing what to say to darkstep.

── 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐏𝐀𝐖
          ⊱ tom-cat ⊱ reedclan app. ⊱ tags: pantherstride, mentions darkstep, the apprentices
            xxxxthe large tom was curled comfortably in his nest, houndpaw was finally resting after training alone for hours after moonhigh. it was the norm for him to train after hours and he was never bothered by the few hours of sleep he'd get after training. those few moments felt like it was all he needed for a good recharge. awaken by darkstep's demanding hiss, he immediately rose to his paws and exited the den excited for this morning's patrol. he enjoyed border patrols the most. intimidating loners and rogues with his size and the thrill of possibly fighting one was exciting. he couldn't wait for the day he could finally truly spar with a cat, not worrying about the amount of damange he causes.
            xxxxall the other apprentices gathered towards the middle of the camp, but instead of joining them, he looked for the nearest tree in camp to sharpen his claws on. as he sharpened his claws, he wondered where his mentor pantherstride could be. she was one of the only clan-mates he respected, as he felt like she was similar to him. she was ambitious, talented in both hunting and combat, and independent. he feels as though making pantherstride his mentor was the smartest decision adderstar could have made.
            xxxxfinally catching a glimpse of the dark colored she-cat, houndpaw calmly made his way towards her. "good morning pantherstride" he dipped his head greeting her, "were we assigned a patrol today?"
      cupidkiss

My pets
      My items
      My wishlist
      My gallery
      My scenes
      My dressups
      Trade with me

002 ☼ Iris, Dusk, Crest, Hawk & Root

Postby Rae'tia » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:35 pm

☆☽☆
      ̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶  Irispetal  ̶ ̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶  
      queen ⇼ 42m ⇼ Female
      Tags: Cicadafur, open ⇼ Location: Nursery

indentationShe came to a stop as Cicadafur stepped into the nursery, prey in his jaws. A pair of birds, a good piece of prey she looked at the once shiny feathers of the bird as he dropped one bird at her feet. Quiet she watched his deposit the other at Swanfeathers feet. She felt a flare of jealousy for a heartbeat before it disappeared as soon as it came. Logically she knew that he didn't feel anything for the other queen, "Hopefully, a dark part of her mind hissed, she shook her head but her belly clenched. No Cicadafur's a good and loyal tom, he wouldn't go against Starclans will. She reassured herself, relaxing and settling down as he padded back over.
        indentation"Good moring, Cicadafur. I am a bit hungry, so thank you." She said after a moment of silence, finally returning his greeting. Her ears heated as he asked how she was, and in a roundabout way, about the kits. She shook her head, "Besides a few strange dreams that I'm told tend to come with being an expecting mother, I'm quite well. How are you? The birds look fresh so I assume you did some early morning hunting." Irispetal responded, tail curling around the roundness of her belly almost protectively as she moved to lay down. She looked down at the bird and then softly questioned the tom. "Have you eaten? If you haven't, I'm willing to share."

☆☽☆
      ̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶  Duskpaw  ̶ ̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶  
      Apprentice ⇼ 8 moons ⇼ Female
      Tags: Daisyheart ⇼ Location: Camp

indentation It was safe to say that Duskpaw hated sleeping in the apprentice's den. With so many cats sleeping there, it was almost impossible to not touch someone, even accidentally. With her sensitivity to touch these days, sleeping in that den was less of a chore and more impossible. So she'd taken to sleeping quite literally in the entrance of the den or in the very back, and getting up before most of the other apprentices usually did. This usually worked, though it did make some of her clan-mates give her strange looks, it did cause a few annoyances for other apprentices and their mentors though. She figured that most chalked it up to her rogue blood showing itself, so she didn't really care. Or at least she wouldn't admit that she cared what they thought of her.
        indentationThankfully, this day she'd gotten up before the sun, and managed to get a quick bite to eat too. Having already buried what was left of her meal - a small pile of bones from the snake - she allowed herself to relax, before spotting her mentor. Duskpaw chuckled, and called out, "Over here, Daisyheart!"

☆☽☆
      ̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶  Crestflight  ̶ ̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶  
      Warrior ⇼ 18m ⇼ Female

indentation The shadows from the light of the moon was something she adored. She dreamed about the moon and its soft rays often, basking in its quiet protective light. They fought off shadows and the vile things that lurked in them, keeping her safe. Those dreams were always short, but sweet nonetheless. As always she was slow to wake after those dreams, desperately trying to claw her way back to the comforting dream, but ultimately failing. A soft sigh left her as she realized despite the darkness surrounding her, she was awake. Her eyes flickered open, oh that's why it's so dark. Crestflight thought with a mocking chuckle, she shook her head and nuzzled into the cool moss for a moment. Another sigh left her as she figured she should probably get up. Pausing to stretch, the flame-point she-cat slowly got to her paws, blinking the sleep out of her eyes.
        indentationCarefully avoiding some of her still sleeping clan-mates the feline made a b-line for the entrance of the den. She grimaced as the sun burned her eyes for a few heartbeats before relaxing. Stepping out into the camp, she noted Thrushheart stepping into camp and stopped to purr for a heartbeat, before moving on deciding not to bother him while he seemed busy. She stepped towards the fresh-kill pile to check on it, not feeling all that hungry. It seemed that it was in a good state, but she didn't think many had grabbed something to eat yet. Hopefully a hunting patrol will be set out soon.

☆☽☆
      ̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶  Hawkthroat  ̶ ̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶  
      Warrior ⇼ 39m ⇼ Male
      Tags: Hiddenstone, Open ⇼ Location: Camp

indentation His semi-brooding state was interrupted by the cheery call of Hiddenstone. At the toms question that seemed to be a bit of a request as well, Hawkthroat huff softly with repressed laughter. "No formal plans were made, I was thinking along the lines of seeing how Flickerpaw's stalking skills were going. Probably on something loy-key, like a hunting patrol, so I can see her in action, in a more serious environment." He started, with a one-sided shrug, before continuing, " depending on how well she does, I'll either take her for some stalking and hunting training or some training of her choice." Hawkthroat grinned silently admitting to himself that she'd do well so the two could have some more relaxed and fun training. The little bugger always made things interesting.
        indentation He cleared his throat, hoping he hadn't gotten lost in memories for too long. "But yes, you can join us if you like. Or follow the lesson plan, I don't mind either way." The spotted tom mewed, one ear facing Flickerpaws direction to try and keep an eye on her so to speak. At the very least, he'd be able to intervene if she and her buddies did something drastic. He'd have to talk to Beetleheart to get them assigned to a hunting patrol, but that was only a small problem unless Adderstar was there.

☆☽☆
      ̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶  Rootshadow  ̶ ̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶  
      Warrior ⇼ 26m ⇼ Male
      Tags: Open ⇼ Location: Camp

indentation But is there a way to arrange such a thing, without arousing suspicion? He wondered silently, gaze flickering back to the warrior's den with a frown. He wondered if his arranged mate; Lightningleaf, was up and about yet. To be honest, the patchy tom hadn't bothered to check if she was in their nest. He grimaced and shook his head. He liked the molly well enough, and in all honesty, had once had a bit of a kitten crush on her and another when he was around four moons old. but those feelings had fled after he'd noticed Silentberry as an apprentice. Who was actually closer to his age than Lightningleaf was. Unfortunately, that wasn't going to go anywhere. He sighed, and looked at his paws, kneading the earth below him. "Maybe I can grow to love her again?" Rootshadow whispered under his breath.
        indentation If his ultimate goal was to be like his mother, he'd have to remain loyal to the mate that had been given to him. While his father, Brackenstrike had died when he was young, his uncle Larkflight had stepped in to help father him. As the mate his mother got assigned after his father's death hadn't wanted anything to do with kits that weren't his blood. Rootshadow cursed that vile tom to the deepest pits of the dark forest. "Lightningleaf and I ever have a litter, I'm vetoing the name Marshkit." He muttered softly, with a shake of his head.
      Rae'tia

My pets
      My items
      My wishlist
      My gallery
      My scenes
      My dressups
      Trade with me

Postby ℋoney » Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:43 am

(//Adderstar. gender male. rank leader. crush honeybloom.) tags: a lot of cats for patrols, honeybloom
          a deep toned tom caused him to turn his head "morning waspfur, yes, seems to be" his reply was soft spoken in hopes the weather kept up today. at the mention of beetleheart he turned his head the other way, sweeping the clan for her dusty black coat and there almost as if waspfur summoned her she came up. he greeted the deputy with a rumbling purr "morning beetleheart" he was quite fond of the molly, having not only been close with her through her time as a warrior but also during the toughest times of his life she stood strong for him. "with the feast we had the other night to celebrate darkstep and foxbriars arrangement we will put our efforts today towards the fresh kill pile. I figured two patrols for hunting and a smaller patrol to check on the border near the twolegs." speaking stronger now he looked forwards to the cats that began to gather in the camp. his nest was up on a hill to overlook them all, it was just barely out of earshot. this proved useful in the morning since everyone was always so eager to get out for the day. "both hunting patrols will be full of mentors as the apprentices should focus on their stalking today, we still have quite a few who haven't mastered the techniques in the marsh. while the border patrol will mostly be warriors" he looked to waspfur "ill actually have you lead that today, im concerned with new leaf that the twoleg kits will get closer to us, you know how they like to wander through our marsh" his sentance ended in a harsher tone, their scent caused his stomach to turn. "have lightningleaf, hiddenstone, and wanderpaw go with you." though the two warriors didn't match up with waspfur's knowledge he was in hopes that they would learn from the senior warrior, even warriors still have lots to learn when it comes to keeping them safe. to avoid any protest from the tom, as no matter how loyal waspfur was he has always been a spitfire, he nodded off the tom and turned to beetleheart "ill have you lead one of the hunting patrols, youll take of course olivepaw, figriver and hazelpaw, echowing, pearsong and featherpaw over to the streams. both apprentices should need some practice in the water" listing off a rather large hunting patrol he added "i trust you can keep track off all of them. figriver should be great help with that since hes always having to keep an eye out for his kits" he purred. at this point the tom was standing, stretching out the front half of his body he reached out and dug his front claws into the dirt sand mixure they stood on. "ill let you two get your patrols ready, stay safe and i wish you good hunting" his comments were aided towards the respected patrols. he finished his stretch with a large yawn and then proceeded to trot down to where everyone was now conversing like minnows in a stream.
          "darkstep, pantherstride" he called the two sleek black cats overs "you two will lead a joint hunting patrol over to the north side" he sent beetleheart over to the western side of the territory where most of the streams meet up while the north side transforms from a wet muddy marsh to a thick forest. "houndpaw and cinderpaw are welcome to come but id also like you to take foxbriar smokecloud and dewpaw." he noticed the toms slight disgust at the mention of foxbriar. the two weren't the happiest together and yet starclan sent a message for them to be together and he wouldn't dare argue against the word of starclan. after seeing the two off he found himself at the freshkill pile salivating at the thought of a taste. he refused, turning away, he wouldnt eat until everyone had eaten. everyone... now he suddenly found himself with a plump muskrat in his mouth trotting to the medicine cats den. "hofphyblooph" he attempted speaking through the prey first, getting embarrassed he put it down and called again softer, "honeybloom have you eaten today?" his words were spoke between bits of purring, his paws were getting itchy with anticipation for the wobbly molly to make her way to him. he had a fondness for her ever since the stories she would tell him when he refused to get up. she never pushed him to speak and just tended to his needs by bringing him calming herbs, sharing tongues with him, making sure he ate even if it was just a bite or two. she made him feel better, yet she also pained his heart in memory of lavenderbreeze. the molly he grew to love since kithood, they were so different and yet so similar to him. maybe the comfort of something familiar is why he ached to be near honeybloom.

(//Thundermask. gender female. rank warrior. crush x.) tags: Pearsong
          with pearsong now awake and staring back at her she felt a bit embarrassed to have been staring so hard at him. "i think adderstar is about to list off the patrols for the day, we best get going incase were on one." she gathered herself to her paws and shook her pelt free of any debris "im sorry if i woke you" waiting for him to join her to trot out she spoke again "you know if you get put on a hunting patrol you'll have to bring me back a rabbit, i keep having the same dream each time i get closer but i can never sink my teeth into it" her tail was lashing playfully, seeing that he was ready she turned to walk out with him, joining her kin out in camp. she watched adderstar come down from his den with waspfur and beetleheart at his side. the three were almost always together in the morning. "better get something in our bellies quick, seems we slept in!" she said again with her tail lashing playfully. bounding up she grab a rather small thrush, she wasn't too hungry, but she still snagged about two bites, leaving the rest to pearsong.

(//Darkstep. gender male. rank warrior. crush x.) tags: cinderpaw, pantherstride
          the short-tempered tom fur prickled at cinderpaws presence, he didnt like nor dislike the molly but he wished to be praising houndpaw instead. the tom was like a soldier, maybe it was the age difference but cinderpaw still caused darksteps head to twist. her anxious attitudes made him sick but her drive to help the clan could almost make up for it. in the few seconds its took for the molly to rise out he was able to snag two small fish, when she sat next to him he pawed one over to her. "it seems as if they are about to speak to us." his tone was softer this time, more monotone than before. leaning down and taking a bite his mouth was full of jealousy. if only he knew how to get closer to adderstar, the tom seemed pretty shut off to new friendships ever since his self-time out. he couldn't blame the tom for needing some time alone, but he wished he was able to get closer to him, honestly just in order to get dips on patrols in the morning. his tail was flicking back and forth with annoyance, he never wished to be a leader, he just wished to have some sort of authority over the clan. he would certainty end arranged mates and let warriors choose their apprentices. at this thought he heard adderstar call out his name, a grin form on his maw, taking the fish in two more bites he glanced at cinderpaw "finish eating, im sure we're about to head out" he trotted over to the leader listening in closely to what he had to say. his stomach dropped at being sent to the northside, he loved the woods but the muck you had to crawl through to get there was horrible. the smell and stickiness of the dirt stays in your pelts for days after yet its worth the hike to get to some solid ground. then his grin turned to a grimace foxbriar her name stung his ears. of course he would be sent out with her, not only would he be cleaning his pelt for days but he would be cleaning her pelt for days to. great another front ill have to put on turning to pantherstride he spoke with a tangy attitude not purposefully directed towards her, "ill grab cinderpaw, whose still finishing a fish, and meet you at the front" he meant to say he would grab foxbriar too but he hoped she would grab her for him.
          once he made it back to cinderpaw he notice she was taking the finishing bite "lets go to the front" he strictly spoke, sulking towards the entrance of the clan, while doing so he spoke again, "were hunting in the forest today, so once we get to the muck try not to sink in too much, keep your nose and tail out of it. foxbriar smokecloud dewpaw pantherstride and houndpaw will be joining us"

(//Wanderpaw. gender male. rank apprentice. crush houndpaw.) tags: lunapaw, hiddenstone
          with all the apprentices swarming out the den wanderpaw had finally gathered his nest back up and came bounding out, it was as if starclan wanted to make him a fool today as right as he reached the entrance lunapaw stepped right in-front of him with a greeting meant for everyone. mousedung! he skidded right into her "i am so sorry!" he cried again while attempting to help her up. "first darkstep scares the daylights out of me, like seesh what is up with that tom and now i just knocked you down and im so sorry today is not my day!" his head was on a swivel looking to see who managed to catch a glimpse of his second fumble of the day and there his mentor hiddenstone was laughing at him laughing at me! oh ill show him today! after hearing lunapaws response he apologized again just before grunting off and sulking over to hiddenstone, there he sat staring at his mentor with his tail flat, ears down, face scrunched with frustration. "its not funny" the tom said in a bland tone, which honesty made it even more funny.

(//Sappaw. gender female. rank apprentice. crush olivepaw.) tags: olivepaw
          exiting the apprentice den in search of her mentor she found him hobbling off to the nursery with a bird tight in his maw. lately hes been sharing with her in the morning and letting sappaw eat with whomever she pleased. his mate seemed about to pop too so she understood the toms concern to be with her. she pranced off to the fresh kill pile, grabbing a decent sized bullfrog she looked around to see who might be free to share it with her, she spotted the long mackerel tabby pet of olivepaw and bounded towards her. she placed the frog Infront of her "cicadafur is sharing with irispetal again today so i figured id go ahead and snag something, cant get full off a mouth of fur!" she purred to the particular pretty molly sitting in front of her.
      Last edited by ℋoney on Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
      ℋoney

My pets
      My items
      My wishlist
      My gallery
      My scenes
      My dressups
      Trade with me

Beetleheart, Toadcatcher, Foxbriar, Flickerpaw

Postby avicularia » Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:19 am

BEETLEHEART

female || deputy || 52 moons old || tagged; rosetalon, adderstar, foxbriar

Beetleheart waited for Adderstar to explain what he wanted done today. She was thankful. He seemed in a good mood today. Adderstar listed a long string of names to take on a hunting party, a task she took little joy in, but one that had to be done. Of course, she would not put forth a single complaint. Anything that Adderstar needed, she would be there to do. She bowed her head as he finished, the tom standing up and walking away. Briefly, she remained sitting, wondering what the day would bring for him. She silently sent up a prayer to Starclan, wishing him a good and productive day, before she stood herself up and turned to go find the various cats he had listed.

As she strode away from camp, her eyes fell to a different cat, one not listed in any of Adderstar's activities. Rosetalon had finally woken up and was now sitting beside Foxbriar. A pang of jealousy struck her, but she chased it away quickly. Foxbriar had recently been assigned a new mate, the reason their food supply was low. She trusted the orange tabby, and she knew Rosetalon would never upset their strong relationship. Beetleheart smiled at the pair as she approached, not caring she was interrupting.

"Rosetalon!" she said excitedly. "And Foxbriar." At the second name, she gathered herself back into the stoic cat she was, replacing the fond smile with a neutral expression. "Adderstar has me leading a hunting party. I wanted to say good morning before we left. I'll make sure to catch you something good." She gave the tom an affectionate wink. "I think you're with Darkstep today, Foxbriar. It sounds like you'll be hunting, as well." The other molly bolted up ad away, seemingly thankful to be released of this conversation.

Chuckling lightly to herself, she turned back to Rosetalon.
          "I'll see you back at the den tonight?" she asked pleasantly, bumping her head lovingly against his shoulder.

TOADCATCHER

male || warrior || 33 moons old || tagged; open

FOXBRIAR

female || warrior || 41 moons old || tagged; rosetalon, beetleheart, darkstep, cinderpaw

"Oh, good morning, Rosetalon," she greeted politely. "At least the rain would give a bit of a challenge." Ice gripped Foxbriar's chest, keeping her silent for a long moment while she searched the sky overhead. Rain had become a curse, reminding the orange tabby of a pair of loving brown eyes and fur that smelled so strongly of cedar it sometimes overwhelmed her. Sometimes she still expected him to come walking home, and their life would be pieced back together. Except now all those hopes were dashed, as she had been paired together with a cat whom she couldn't seem to get along with, and his already distant memory was fading.

Her daydream was interrupted by another cat, whose smell had already clung to her nose from the male in front of her. If anything brought her spirits down, it was seeing two mates who loved each other. It was a slap in the face after everything that had happened. Worse, Beetleheart brought bad news with her. She would be with her mate today, of course. It was Starclan trying to throw them together, forcing the pair to be in each other's company in hopes that love would stir. She doubted any sort of joy could come from the black-pelted tom, but she rose to leave anyway.
          "Thank you for letting me know," she said respectfully. "I better go."

Foxbriar sped off toward the entrance to camp, where the parties usually met. She saw Darkstep and Cinderpaw approaching that spot as well, and she moved toward them. Gluing a smile to her face that didn't reach her large orange eyes, she stopped within a few feet of them. "I hear we're hunting today," she spoke softly, glancing up at Darkstep to see what sort of mood he was in. Unfortunately, he seemed more annoyed than anything. She wished she could say that was unusual. Foxbriar wished to be anywhere else, wondering why she wouldn't have been chosen for a different hunting party instead of this. Cursed again.

FLICKERPAW

female || apprentice || 8 moons old || tagged; marigoldpaw, hawkthroat

As the two ran toward camp together, Flickerpaw was already busy surveying the scene. It looked like they had missed Adderstar assigning the warriors to various tasks. The leaders were already breaking away from one another, on to do the morning's duties. Hopefully, she and Hawkthroat were given something exciting to do. Searching for the tom, she found him nearby but on his own, which probably meant no to an exciting adventure.

Not wanting to limit her exuberance, she sped up into a graceful run, leaving her sister behind.
          "I found the tiger!" she screamed, leaping at the last second and crashing into Hawkthroat's side, playfully nipping at the thick fur around his neck. She ended up immediately releasing him, not wanting to get into any trouble from the older cat (or anyone else who was watching). Flickerpaw landed softly on the sandy ground, belly up and laughing.

She genuinely liked her mentor, most of the time. Hawkthroat was a bit more serious than she would have liked, often drawing a line in the sand and forcing her to stay on the responsible side of it. Why couldn't any of the adults realize that a bit of fun never hurt anyone? Picking herself back up with a cheeky grin, she eyed the older tom.
          "Thought you were a tiger," she giggled, shrugging her slim shoulders.
      Last edited by avicularia on Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
      avicularia

My pets
      My items
      My wishlist
      My gallery
      My scenes
      My dressups
      Trade with me