Welcome to the Wastelands [Discussion Thread Open!]

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Welcome to the Wastelands [Discussion Thread Open!]

Postby Ranger 9 » Fri May 14, 2021 5:55 pm

The Wastelands. For miles upon miles, stretching all the way to the horizon in every direction, nothingness. Plain, barren land. Dry, brittle grass crackles under your paws as you traverse the stretch, giving way to an endless supply of sandy dunes. You've gone the wrong way. How you got here doesn't matter, where you're going no longer exists. There's no food. No water. Just this desolate land and the eerie, whistling wind. Are you alone? You can't tell.

Welcome to the Wastelands.

Plot
Your character(s) have reached the Wasteland for various reasons of their own, maybe they traveled there on purpose or they happened across it. No one really knows how to navigate it, except for a few strange guides that are far too good at talking around topics and giving you information without telling you anything at all. There’s a choice of guides for you to chose to go with, each one promises you a different method of survival.

Everyone chooses a group and off you go, learning how to survive the Wasteland. For once you’ve come here, you can’t seem to figure your own way out. You can interact with the other groups, it’s common to see each other as camp spots are few and far between, there’s not a lot of decent shelter out here.

Whether within your own group, or by talking to folks from other groups, the characters start to realize that something is off. Something is wrong. And the trail guides that you owe your survival to? They have their own agenda and you fit into it.

Goals
Primary - survive the wasteland
Secondary - figure out what the Guides are hiding
End - escape the Wastelands

The Guides
Morholt's Group

Morholt offers you the opportunity to learn how to find the best places to lay low in the Wasteland. He knows the dangers that lurk behind every corner and how to best protect yourself from them. He promises you shelter and safety from the beasts.

Morholt played by Ranger 9
Group Members:
-

Renn's Group

Renn navigates paths no one else seems to notice. He can get you across large stretches of the wastelands in an amount of time that seems impossibly short. He promises you shelter and access to clean water.

Renn played by Scoinwolf
Group Members:
-

Odin's Group

Odin has a keen eye for weather movements and always seems to know where the prey will be at any given moment. He promises you a full belly and safety from storms.

Odin played by Ranger 9
Group Members:
-

Durham's Rogues

After a few nights in the wasteland each group will have a chance to meet Durham and you can decide if you want to leave your Guide and go with him instead. Durham promises you nothing but seems willing to answer your questions.

Durham played by Scoinwolf
Group Members:
-

Resources:
- discussion page [post forms here]
- discord [if enough interest I'll make a server]
- map [if folks are interested]
Last edited by Ranger 9 on Fri May 28, 2021 4:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ranger 9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Welcome to the Wastelands [Info]

Postby Ranger 9 » Fri May 28, 2021 4:21 pm

Rules
- all CS site rules apply
- don't post until accepted [post forms on discussion thread]
- at least semi-lit posts please, try to aim for two or more solid paragraphs
- don't start ooc drama with other people, but drama in character is perfectly fine
- Scoinwolf and myself are working on this together, his word is equal to mine

Recap/Confirmed Theories
everyone is starting to gather, trail guides appear

Last bumped by Ranger 9 on Fri May 28, 2021 4:21 pm.
Ranger 9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me