// magic’s wards (one slot left)

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

// magic’s wards (one slot left)

Postby eightstepsaway » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:47 pm

// five apprentices. one clan. one goal.

we have one slot left open for anybody who wants to reserve !!
Last edited by eightstepsaway on Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:42 am, edited 6 times in total.
eightstepsaway

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

// the plot

Postby eightstepsaway » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:49 pm

before the very first world burst into existence, there was magic. there was magic when stars began to fill an empty universe, and magic when the very first planet was born: enigma. magic had a fondness for enigma, and wanted to see it grow strong. thus, it created two gods to watch over the newborn planet which arose to sit among the glittering stars: prosper and loss, two mighty dragons who worked together to create a beautiful jungle on enigma. they created more than just jungle, too-- awe-striking mountain ranges which cast shadows in every direction, impossibly deep oceans filled with unfathomable creatures, giant forests with mushrooms so big that they blocked out the sun, deserts of purple sand that came to life at night when the sun hid itself away, volcanoes that belched acid rain and housed life where it seemed uninhabitable. they created all sorts of creatures, too, from the humble mouse to the largest flying whale; all sorts of magical beasts that gave the planet beauty like no other.

but prosper and loss were not created to walk among their creation for long periods of time. they were creators, not kings and queens. they were not meant to govern it, to nurse its young saplings up into mighty trees, to make sure creatures of all kinds were warm and safe, and see to it that life continued on as it was created. thus, with the last of their strength, they made groveclan. groveclan, living in the immense rainforests of enigma, was filled with felines of all shapes and sizes, ready to dutifully serve their creators. but prosper and loss had no intention of ruling over them. instead, they laid a mighty task upon their shoulders: watch over enigma, and thrive in its beauty. and so they did. and the two drakes bedded down together, falling into deep hibernation for thousands of years... waiting for a time when enigma may need their return.

as the centuries passed, groveclan forgot their roots. they forgot their role as protectors, and instead became creatures of destruction. they carelessly hunted beyond what the rainforest could sustain, drove out the predators that kept their ranks in check, and destroyed countless acres of land in petty spats with one another. they had forgotten their purpose.

now, groveclan is in grave danger. their ranks have dwindled perilously, and natural disasters have further plagued their stricken numbers. in fact, these disasters are getting worse and worse. many fear that it has come to the end of the world. but last moon, groveclan's medicine cat received a message from magic itself. it cried out to the cat, begging him to remind his clanmates of their purpose. but even if they all had an immediate change of heart, it would not be enough to save their dying planet. they could not bear this burden alone. they needed prosper and loss to be awoken once more and restore balance. and not just any cat could do this. no, magic had selected five wards to guide. it would bless these five cats with powers unimaginable, intended to be used for good. they would journey together to the resting place of the drakes, and end this chaos once and for all. they would once more bring balance.

five apprentices. one clan. one goal. will these young wards learn to control their newfound powers, strengthen each other in their travels, and survive to meet the mighty dragons who once created their world? only time can reveal the answer.
Last edited by eightstepsaway on Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:23 am, edited 5 times in total.
eightstepsaway

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

// the rules

Postby eightstepsaway » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:54 pm

i. don't be rude. y'all's characters can hate each other, but let's all be buddy-buddy irl, okay ii. one character per person, which may only be rolled once. don't like the character you rolled? too bad lol that's part of the fun! iii. follow all cs rules iv. please ask me before trying to dramatically change the plot v. discord is mandatory vi. this is a literate rp! please have a solid grasp of grammar. vii. please try to be reasonably active! i get being busy or needing a break ofc, but i actually want to have a roleplay get off of the ground for once haha,,, if you can post at least once a week that would be awesome. you will be kicked for inactivity if you go too long without contact. viii. i'm not going to count every word, but please try to shoot for over 300+ words per post where you can! it's nbd if you're under that every now and then, just try to be consistent.
eightstepsaway

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

// creating the wards

Postby eightstepsaway » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:26 pm

this roleplay's cast is going to have a bit of a twist involved. you will not get to create your own character from scratch. instead, you will roll the basics of your character on this generator! on the one hand, it'll probably be annoying to not get the exact kind of character you want, but on the other hand, i believe it will give roleplayers the chance to experience and learn to appreciate a type of character that perhaps they may have otherwise never made! here are some basic rules about character creation.

i. keep rolling on the generator until you get a cat marked as "apprentice" (not a medicine cat apprentice!). this will be your basic character. no rolling again if you don't like it. that's part of the fun! ii. you can expand as much as you'd like on the basic attributes! over time, all of the characters will likely mature and change, too. so if you really aren't vibing with the personality you got, they can always slowly change over time in-roleplay. iii. if the character you roll has two totally clashing attributes (it happens sometimes!), you may roll again, but you'll need to make sure i see and confirm that the attributes are clashing before you can roll again. iv. i've definitely not seen every possible roll that you can get on the site, so if something otherwise clashes somehow (something that comes to mind is the "they are half-clan" tidbit, which obviously wouldn't work in a one clan world), let me know, and you can roll again. v. yay for powers! the magic entity has blessed each ward with a special power which you may pick. none of the apprentices currently really understand their powers, and most of them probably don't even know what they are yet! their powers will first "emerge" in high-stress scenarios, which there will probably be a lot of on this journey, lol. please check with me to make sure your power isn't too overpowered, but otherwise, you've pretty much got free rein.
Last edited by eightstepsaway on Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eightstepsaway

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

// the wards

Postby eightstepsaway » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:31 pm

wildpaw. // played by eightstepsaway. // wildpaw is a skinny, prudent, and witty apprentice, with glossy, ginger and white fur, an angular face, and heterochromatic (dark blue and gold) eyes. they are popular among the clan. wildpaw's full name will be wildwish. they are 9 moons old. their power is fire wielding.

ward two. // played by open. // generator description here

mistpaw. // played by tawnie. // mistpaw is a small, meticulous, and hostile apprentice, with short, solid dark grey fur, a twisted paw, and wide olive eyes. she spends a lot of time in the medicine den, and knows basic herbs. mistpaw’s full name will be mistrunner. she is 7 moons old.

ward four. // played by wildsight. // icypaw is a scrawny, freespirited, and ungrateful apprentice, with silky, fawn-cream calico fur, a white tail tip, and startlingly green eyes. she argues with her mentor a lot. icypaw’s full name will be icyrose. she is 9 moons old.

ward five. // played by gealbhan. // generator description here
Last edited by eightstepsaway on Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:27 pm, edited 8 times in total.
eightstepsaway

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

// status

Postby eightstepsaway » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:06 am

open // closed

the young apprentices have not yet been informed of their purpose, and life continues on as normal for them. many of them may in fact only be acquaintances, not friends. the only ones who are aware of it thus far are the medicine cat, milkstep, the leader, hazelstar, and the deputy, barleybush. hazelstar intends to call a clan meeting tonight, and let the rest of his clan know the truth— let the wards know the truth.
eightstepsaway

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me