Rule Change targeting offsite bullying/harassment

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Rule Change targeting offsite bullying/harassment

Postby Buzz Aesthetic » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:54 pm

SitcomLaughTrack wrote:I'm not in any communities outside this forum but this just doesn't look good. It's one thing to say the staff hasn't had time to review people's reports, it's another to say they didn't get any reports.

That the staff takes so long to see things that could be time-sensitive is worrying combined with this rule change and the lack of clarity about what it means.

Say User A gets in touch with User B and sends them death threats for being gay. That's something the staff needs to deal with quickly. If not, User B shouldn't be banned for bullying if they warn other queer users or if they call out User A for sending death threats.

I mean... maybe this is about specific things I don't know about but this is how it's coming across to me. :/ It would probably be helpful if you had a specific plan and explained what's going to happen and what does and doesn't count as bullying.

I've seen times where users who had been trying to warn their friends and other users of players who had been dangerous, aggressive, or even just done something morally wrong (but not specifically against cs rules like ninja trading or appropriation) but the user who had been trying to protect their friends had received a warning for minimodding, spreading rumors, or bullying.

Likewise a good example of where this rule might clash, is trying to explain why a user is banned or blocked, it's been classified as harrassment by the cs staff. With this rule in place it seems even going offsite to discord or toyhouse will get a user warned, even if the blocked user harassed and threatened the user warning people.

If someone has to rely on the block system to avoid terrible people, then cs staff arent doing everything they can to make sure this a safe place for children. A child cant tell if another user is bad or not without other users telling them that. I personally didnt know about the subtle forms of harrassment like gaslighting or guilt tripping until I was talking about it to users offsite, and I'm a grown adult!

While I understand cs cant take legal action against a player, they can still remove that user from its playerbase, as well as telling the reporter to discuss the matter with officials so legal action can be taken.
Cs has plenty of ways to remove users from the community, I've seen once, and only once, where a user had been making so much of a storm that -while cs should've temporarily banned the user- cs had placed the user the COPPA group, keeping that user from causing more distress. It was only after the user threw public fits and started harassing others that cs finally stepped in. I've seen staff remove posts, transfer the contents of people's accounts (not just pets, oekai posts, threads, forums, all of it), as well as just make the user nearly unidentifiable, changing a users ID number and account. Staff have ways of keeping users out of the chickensmoothie community.

Sorry if I ramble here, I havent eaten yet today, and it's like 6:30pm
Buzz Aesthetic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:06 pm

(in response to the above posts)

a few years ago a user pm'd me and after talking for a little, they asked for personal information. i sent in a report, and the matter was dealt with in a day.

@pillpups report was not about a specific user causing problems, it was just a question that doesn't seem super high priority. it makes sense that it would take longer to respond to that than something else (for example a user causing issues).

i'm not trying to be rude or shame/harass anyone, simply sharing my own opinion!

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beestie » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:07 am

axelandria wrote:

a few years ago a user pm'd me and after talking for a little, they asked for personal information. i sent in a report, and the matter was dealt with in a day.

@pillpups report was not about a specific user causing problems, it was just a question that doesn't seem super high priority. it makes sense that it would take longer to respond to that than something else (for example a user causing issues).

i'm not trying to be rude or shame/harass anyone, simply sharing my own opinion!

pillpups response to seasonal after those quoted messages claimed that they had indeed sent in a help ticket regarding a certain user, but couldn't post it because it was mentioning an actual user/would be vaguing. i read through this whole thread so i could just be forgetting or mixing things up, but i don't think pillpups response was ever answered after stating they did indeed send in a help ticket regarding a certain user/topic - which came into the conversation because seasonal claimed they had 'never seen a report like this' or whatever it was they said. absolutely no attacking if my tone came off that way, just explaining c:

tbh tho i also,,, kind of agree with pillpups and sitcomlaughtrack, and others who have shared their grievances about staff. but that's not what this thread is about, so i'll just say that i think this rule is a good implementation, and i hope that staff find ways to make sure this isn't abused.
x x x x x x xfrom the river to the sea.
┌───────────────────┐

- Image Image Image
- - - - - - - - - - Image Image Image
── ♡ bee / hunni ● adult ● discord: beestie. --

. commissions: usd open. art trades: closed.

- - - -quitting. only around for art/oc stuff.
- don't dm me about non-business things.
. . . . . . . . . .Image

- - -going thru a very hard personal thing.
- - -● commissions/etc will take longer
- - ---than expected. very blind to time rn.
- - -● may go long periods without contact.
- - -● please be patient and understanding.

└───────────────────┘
support palestine. support congo. support sudan.
beestie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:41 am

beestie. wrote:
axelandria wrote:

pillpups response to seasonal after those quoted messages claimed that they had indeed sent in a help ticket regarding a certain user, but couldn't post it because it was mentioning an actual user/would be vaguing. i read through this whole thread so i could just be forgetting or mixing things up, but i don't think pillpups response was ever answered after stating they did indeed send in a help ticket regarding a certain user/topic - which came into the conversation because seasonal claimed they had 'never seen a report like this' or whatever it was they said. absolutely no attacking if my tone came off that way, just explaining c:

tbh tho i also,,, kind of agree with pillpups and sitcomlaughtrack, and others who have shared their grievances about staff. but that's not what this thread is about, so i'll just say that i think this rule is a good implementation, and i hope that staff find ways to make sure this isn't abused.

thank you for explaining <3

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CalicoClaws » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:22 pm

Thank you for making this rule. As a victim of online bullying, it can get tough when you feel like no one around you cares.
I hope everybody in the CS staff is staying safe. Thank you :)
Pet's name: Have a good day♡
CalicoClaws

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lwaxana » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:16 pm

I am wondering how you'd legally get evidence from other sites. At least most of the places I go to strictly disallow copying of chats/forums etc to other sites due to privacy laws.
Meow
Lwaxana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lwaxana » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:53 pm

Lwaxana wrote:I am wondering how you'd legally get evidence from other sites. At least most of the places I go to strictly disallow copying of chats/forums etc to other sites due to privacy laws.

Question still stands.
Meow
Lwaxana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me