The Isles of Etera ✴ Fantasy Wolf RP (On Hiatus)

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Re: The Isles of Etera ✴ Fantasy Wolf RP (Open & Accepting)

Postby Ƈಎ႑ಎෆiႵƴ » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:32 am

Kuri ⊱⊰ Hallowdusk ⊱⊰ Beta Male ⊱⊰ Crush: None Currently ⊱⊰ Tags; Terra, Jay

With having caught on relatively quickly, he and Terra both had a decent amount of fish caught. He eyed their bounty. With great pride he held his tail high, wagging. He felt something of happiness and relief having done something successfully right for his pack. He looked to Terra, he could feel she felt the same. He was going to say something, but before Kuri could pick up his scent, he heard Jay yell with greeting. Kuri's fur spiked up momentarily from being caught off guard, tail tucked quick. He was being negligent in taking note of his surroundings. Could have been chased off by a hungry bear for all I know... He went neutral again, a wide and slow wag in greeting. He was their hunter, so it was his place to be here. "Greetings." Kuri said to Jay. "We were just finishing up." He looked to Terra unsure what she wanted the hunter to do. He was still getting used to giving out orders, and found it his place to observe how she actually runs the pack first hand.
Ƈಎ႑ಎෆiႵƴ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ammy2-56 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:55 am

Eban
Palecrest ○ alpha ○ tags; Krita
He met Krita's eyes as she walked toward him but relaxed his posture, inviting her to approach as he continued on along the thoroughfare with her at his side. At her words he replied with a soft woof, "A mere consequence of getting older... I'll be fine, Krita. The cold's not yet drawn all the strength from these bones." Indeed, spring would mark the end of his eighth year and another season passed in approaching the age of most elders, which was something he didn't care to admit. It had been an arduous winter for everyone, more so than in recent years, and he took solace in the difficulty wearing on them all. These leanest of months he didn't care for, of course, but no rousing speech of his could rally the Palecrest wolves of Kislios to stand by each other's sides more significantly than the bitter march of summer's bane.

Terra
Hollowdusk ◈ alpha ◈ tags; Kuri, Jay
The sudden greeting caught her immediately off guard, a snarl curled high on her lip as she spun on her haunches and came face to face with Jay. The tension in her snout released and she gave a scolding bark, "Good morning to you, too! Don't sneak up on us like that!!" Her tail began to wag as her hackles fell, her grin showing quickly that her heart wasn't really in the words she'd spoken. Seeing another hunter renewed the spark of kinship she'd been reminded of while helping Kuri catch fish. It was nostalgic in a way, but she pushed those memories aside in favor of addressing this new companion. "Kuri's right; we just got a decent number of fish out of the river. They're a bit thin, but what else can you expect in these conditions?" she said, "We stopped here about halfway through a border check of the main isle, so we really should get on with that. After we cache these fish, you can keep hunting here, Jay, or you're welcome to join us if you'd like. I think we could use the company."
Ammy2-56

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Quetzaloe » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:06 pm

Krita
Pack Palecrest Role Healer Location Pack Den Tag(s) Eban

Krita nodded and made a mental note to.... put out some sort of reminder for herself to keep an eye on the issue. She'd probably forget to do that, actually. Oops. Well, what was meant to happen would happen. After all these years, one would think she'd have figured out some sort of memory system, but it was hard to teach an old healer new tricks.

"Yes, yes, of course. I'm sure you'll be spry as a pup again come spring. But until then, if you're bothered just let me know." She huffed playfully, letting her tail sway as she walked. She was in good spirits as she walked amongst the pack, thinking about spring. The season of growth would be here before they knew it, signalling an ease into better conditions for the pack. "Any plans for the day?"

Jay
Pack Hollowdusk Role Hunter Location Lakeside Tag(s) Terra, Kuri

Jay huffed happily, seeing as the two didn't seem too offended by his intrusion, "I was about to head out that way myself. The air's going to be too clear to catch much here, but there might be small game out a-ways. I'd appreciate being allowed the company."

He shook his mud-crusted pelt gently, so as not to dislodge too much of the substance. It was doubtful it would last the whole morning, as snow would dislodge most of it (all of it, for sure, by the time he made it back with any gains), but it was always worth a try. Thankfully, his natural colorings blended into the muck. Maybe not great for snow hunting, but there were always shadows and bare patches to take advantage of.

If this were a season where bigger game happened to be more plentiful, he'd be much less likely to go alone. Those hunts were much more of an affair, but there was also typically an increase in mouths to feed. Jay loved the coordination and the hunt, personally. Going out in a group was always preferrable to going on his own.
<--This is Bruce.
He lives in The Batcave.
Do you recognize all the residents
of The Batcave?
This is Jason. -->
He's a good boy. Just very
emotional.
Quetzaloe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ƈಎ႑ಎෆiႵƴ » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:30 pm

Kuri noted that Jay had rolled in mud. That explains why I might've not noticed him. He was surprised by Terra's immediate response, but she is a fearless leader, and for her to lose her composure in some way made him feel more comfortable in his position. He was ready to get going with plenty more to do. Especially since he was now enlisted for a hunting party. How the heck am I going to do that? He was a scout prior, not a hunter. Sure, he watched many of the hunts that took place from prey he scouted. But he never actually did the work! Kuri looked at Jay then back to Terra. With nothing else so say, he began picking up a bundle of scrawny fish by their tails. He held them firmly, and rose his head up. He gave a respectful blink at Terra, then trotted carefully back to the heart of the pack. He pondered all the feasible outcomes, problems to ensue, and maybe a slight chance of impressions on both alpha and hunter. What am I going to do?
Ƈಎ႑ಎෆiႵƴ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ammy2-56 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:15 pm

Eban
"Fixing problems as they come," he replied bluntly, "and trying to keep warm. Mora could use some help out there, given the conditions, so that's task one of many. I think Athens could use the outing." He could remember his first lone foray into the aftermath of a blizzard years ago, quickly finding himself in the middle of an unexpected, secondary storm. The weather now was significantly more fair than it had been then, but even the most reasonable wolf could quickly find themselves in dire straits against the elements if they ventured alone in the midst of winter. As Krita continued with him, he asked, "Any plans you've got? I've no doubt there isn't a shortage of work."

Terra
Hollowdusk ◈ alpha ◈ tags; Kuri, Jay
She nodded in agreement, adding, "It's settled, then! You can keep an eye out for more game while we keep scouting. We've got to cover the rest of the main isle's border before returning; you should be more than able to find something along the way." Distracted by the newfound member of the scouting-turned-hunting party, Kuri's exit almost escaped her notice. She glanced past Jay and noticed him walking away with some of their haul in his jaws. Concern forced the short-lived excitement out from her mind and she trotted up to him, woofing softly, "Kuri, I know I overreacted a little because of Jay, it's just... I'm still a hunter at heart, you know? I promise this is still a scout, though; only Jay is going to be looking for extra game to catch along the way. It's terribly important we check the border of the main isle, and I need your expertise for that. We can cache these fish near the river and loop around to collect them before returning to camp. Alright?"
Ammy2-56

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Quetzaloe » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:22 pm

Krita
Pack Palecrest Role Healer Location Pack Den Tag(s) Eban

"Naturally. Sping is almost upon us, and there's no busier time for a healer than the seasons of change. Summer might be more prosperous for autumn stocks, but winter provides if you know where to look." Krita surveyed the pack members around her as they walked, making sure she didn't see anything of more immediate concern. The day seemed to be lacking in serious concerns or injuries so far, so it would likely be safe to leave for a bit.

Perhaps she should have similar concerns about going out solo. But she was well-aware of the places to go without going too far, and between her pelt and training from her apprenticeship Krita was well-equiped to make her way home in a surprise snow.

"Remind the beta and quiet hunter to test any ice they venture onto," Krita warned, already having forgotten the hunter's name (she was glad to recognize Athens, but she'd interacted with the second in command more often, so that was natural). "Today is fair enough there might be thinning. If they do fall in, and I'm away, I can't promise they'll keep all their toes."

Jay

Jay followed his beta's lead, scooping up some fish by their tails. He sensed a tension from the other male, but didn't think to much of it, huffing happily and following behind him and the alpha. His tail swayed enthusiastically behind him. It was good to have others on the way out, much safer.

He contemplated his plans for the day, adjusting slightly for the larger party on the way out. It didn't change what he'd be looking for (winter rodents, ideally) but he'd have to be careful with his timing and directioning, what with the additional scents. Winds seemed to be still here, but might be taking a stronger direction further out.

Carefully, Jay cached his leaders' catch, making sure to huff out a quick prayer to the earth mother to watch the catch and provide a successful hunt. After, he turned to the others, ready to set out whenever they were.
<--This is Bruce.
He lives in The Batcave.
of The Batcave?
This is Jason. -->
emotional.
Quetzaloe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ammy2-56 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:25 am

Eban
Her warning was fair. The air was cold enough to yield snow, but there was always the danger that ice over a pond or even a deep creek might give way beneath oneself or the weight of an additional companion. Even the frozen waterfalls could be deadly given enough warmth or noise in the area to break one or many of the massive, knifelike icicles from them to fall onto the back of an unsuspecting wolf. "I will, Krita, thank you," he replied, "The additional reminder certainly can't hurt them. If you're heading out yourself, as well, be careful. I know you know that, but this weather can turn in an instant." Winter tended to be a particularly demanding time for healers, with what the relative lack of abundance of the resources they needed to perform their craft and a steep increase in injuries, aches, and complaints, but Eban was confident in Krita's level of experience.
Ammy2-56

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Icarus_UnderTheSea » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:01 am

Mora

Palecrest - Female - Hunter - 2 Years - Tags: Open

Mora turned, heading to leave camp to go hunting. She'd hunt until her pack was fed. She would. It might take all day, might risk injury, but her pack needed feeding, didn't it? She knew when to stop, anyway. She could've been called thick-skulled by some, not drawing the line between courage, loyalty, and recklessness, but she had control, and knew when enough was enough in order to preserve her life and health.
Icarus_UnderTheSea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ƈಎ႑ಎෆiႵƴ » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:28 am

Kuri heard Terra's orders as he was on his way with his stash of fish. She woofed at him and told her plan. He blinked in reply, acknowledging what she said. He just had a mouthful of fish was all. He heard Jay behind them, catching up. He didn't mind the young wolf, if anything, he was jealous. He had that dark perfect fur he wish he had. Instead, he was given the fur of an ever-molting rabbit. Not to mention, he had a family who loved him. Even though Kuri still finds the pack to be his family, it just isn't the same as a sibling or mother and father to return to every day. Not like he would know, he was just a pup. But it must be different... He thought.
Kuri's eyes lowered to the ground, reminded of his past. Eventually the trio made their way to the river. He laid the fish down and began to cover his fish with snow to keep them fresh and their scent from lingering. When he finished using his snout to cover the rest, he looked at the other two, ready as he might ever be for the days goings.
Ƈಎ႑ಎෆiႵƴ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Quetzaloe » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:27 pm

Krita
Pack Palecrest Role Healer Location Pack Den Tag(s) Eban, Open

"I'll make sure to keep alert, thank you." Krita bowed her head to the alpha. "With that, I suppose I'd better head out before it gets too late in the morning."

With an easy gait, Krita pulled away from the other wolf, making sure to head towards her supplies one last time before heading out. She wasn't urgently low on anything, but it was always a good idea to see what she could happen across. If she were lucky there would be enough mint or elderberry that she could harvest without running the patches dry.

Heading out at a quick trot, she threw her muzzle up to the wind, making sure that she didn't scent anything suspicious on the breeze. Nothing immediately caused her alarm, so she headed to the east, where she knew a patch of chamomile sometimes survived under the cover of a rocky overhang.

Jay

Jay nudged Kuri's shoulder playfully, careful not to put too much force behind the friendly gesture. The beta seemed to be getting stuck in his own head again. At times, it was odd to think that the two wolves were the same age! Kuri always seemed to be so weighted down by his responsibilities. Jay couldn't imagine being so busy, and he certainly didn't envy his packmate.

"Heya," he huffed gently. "Keep too still and you'll freeze up your thoughts and your paws, ey? C'mon. I'll follow you 'n' Terra's lead."

With that, he moved to the side to stretch himself out, satisfied by the feeling of cold-stiffening muscles getting pulled into use. Thankfully he wasn't so old as to start crackling yet, but it wouldn't surprise him if he would be by the time leaves turned color to autumn again. Hunting wasn't easy on the joints, and the unique strength that may make him more adept to catching large prey just meant he was putting all the more stress on his bones. He'd be noisier than a bearcub in a leafpile by the time he was an elder!
<--This is Bruce.
He lives in The Batcave.
of The Batcave?
This is Jason. -->
emotional.
Quetzaloe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery