━ β˜… 𝒃𝒂𝒅 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒅 [ open&accepting ]

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

ripplepaw - 003

Postby ohm. » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:36 am

π‘πˆπππ‹π„ππ€π–
male || 7 moons || apprentice || tags: riverkit, wolfheart, snowflower

Spotting Wolfheart's long brown fur in the corner of his eye, Ripplepaw turned to go and ask the new deputy about training for the day, only to hear Riverkit's energetic voice inviting him to play. "Riverkit! Um, sorry maybe later," he meowed apologetically, "I'm going to go see about training." He hated leaving the little kit like that but what could he say! There were things to do and... well, to be honest, Ripplepaw was not that interested at the moment. Riverkit should be fine on his own for a little while, right? After all, in only a couple more moons he would be old enough to start training and they'd be able to hang out a lot more often. With his tail up high and a little bounce to his walk, Ripplepaw made his way over to where his mentor had been talking with Snowflower. "Hey Wolfheart! Congratulations on becoming deputy," he chirped with a big smile. Though he wasn't expecting his mentor to be chosen, it certainly wasn't that big a surprise; he was a great warrior who definitely fit the role in many ways. In all his excitement about training and congratulating, the clueless apprentice didn't even notice that he'd completely barged into Wolfheart and Snowflower's conversation.

(ooc: agh i really didn't know what to write)
ohm.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ━ β˜… 𝒃𝒂𝒅 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒅 [ open, starting! ]

Postby Arkinhallow » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:32 pm

β–Έ Cedarfoot
    a dark brown tabby with green-gold eyes.
    43m, warrior, mentoring stagpaw

tags: sleepingbird, mentions: stagpaw, wolfheart, antstar.
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x

Cedarfoot sat himself beside Sleepingbird with a brief purr when she made room. "I've never been that full of chatter myself; a bit of quiet suits me fine," Cedarfoot mewed warmly, leaning towards her to lick away some moss that was attached to her shoulder. "Good company doesn't require a lot of words, anyway," he added. He paused in his ministrations to look up as Antstar announced Wolfheart to be the new deputy. Early on, part of him had wondered if he might be chosen, but he had guessed at Antstar's feelings on the matter and knew that it was unlikely. Not that he was the kind to feel bitter; Wolfheart would make a fine deputy and he had commended the warrior's abilities to Antstar a short time ago while the new leader was still coming to his decision. He cheered Wolfheart's name at the announcement, pleased for the tom, who seemed humbled by the decision.

Poor Antstar seemed completely out of his depth with the eyes of all the clan on him. Cedarfoot felt his embarrassment keenly, and wished he could make it easier on his friend. Antstar would have a sharp learning curve ahead in how to act and present himself as a leader. His decisions now mattered more than ever and choosing the way forward without regrets would be a tough challenge for him. But Cedarfoot, and now Wolfheart as deputy, would be there to provide guidance and support until he found his feet in the position. Cedarfoot was certain that with time Antstar would come to be a great leader. Looking at Antstar now, though, perched on the log, looking rather sorry for himself... Cedarfoot thought it may be likely that he was the only one feeling so hopeful for their new leader and the clan's future. Even if he had to convince the whole clan how good Antstar could be, then so be it; he would find a way.

His thoughts turned back to the she-cat beside him as she asked his opinion on the new deputy appointment. "I think he's a fine choice for deputy. Antstar needs loyal warriors like Wolfheart at his side right now," he responded. The issue of the sickness sweeping through the camp was implied in his words. "It would be a difficult situation for anyone starting out as leader, but with a cat like Wolfheart working with him I think we can get through this," he mused. He steadily worked at Sleepingbird's pelt, licking out the tangles and slicking back unruly tufts, while he listened to the rest of Antstar's address.

"Hm, I think I might round up Stagpaw and go along with Antstar today," he thought aloud. "I want to find the source of this sickness as soon as possible. We're already too many cats down," he said grimly. There was already beginning to be a strain on the healthy warriors as it was. It would be disastrous if they didn't have enough healthy warriors to hunt and care for the sick. "Perhaps you'd like to come along as well?" he asked tentatively, thinking that it might be good for her to get out away from the camp, and the unfortunate sounds of sickness that seemed to hang in the air.

β–Έ Redpaw
    a ginger and white tom with orange eyes
    7m, apprentice, mentored by eveningsnow

mentions: eveningsnow, ripplepaw, riverkit, ravendance.
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x

Redpaw noticed the stunted, awkward way in which Antstar spoke. It was impossible not to. He looked around the clearing almost in disbelief; this was really who was going to lead them? And his clanmates were okay with that? This bumbling, babbling mouse-for-brains... We're doomed, Redpaw thought, his face scrunched up in distaste. I could do a better job than that. Redpaw's thoughts quickly drifted from whatever Antstar was mumbling about. He zoned out, thoughts on training and hunting, practising a move in his mind's eye that Eveningsnow had taught him the other day. He noticed her in the clearing, and inwardly decided that as soon as this meeting was over he would go ask her to train with him.

He looked over upon hearing Riverkit's thin kit-voice greet the other apprentices. He was grateful that he sat apart from them; he didn't want the little kit coming to bother him. He watched Ripplepaw quickly excuse himself and let loose a light chuckle at how uncomfortable he seemed extricating himself from the kit's questioning eyes. His amusement turned sour as he pondered that once, he and Ripplepaw probably would've tried to ditch out on their duties to have fun with Riverkit together. Redpaw actually liked teaching; it might actually be enjoyable to show Riverkit some basic pounces. But that wasn't going to happen, and frankly he didn't feel like spending time with kits anymore.

He scanned the clearing for Riverkit's mother, Ravendance. She was hardly paying attention to her kit, and he frowned slightly, assuming she just let Riverkit do what he wanted without restraint. But he noticed quickly that she looked... lost? Hm, you'd think a warrior in her prime like that would feel confident about what to do for her clan, he mused, but there was no feeling of disdain that usually accompanied such a thought. She looked so confused and tentative that he almost felt sorry for her. I guess she hasn't really settled in that well. Hopefully someone helps her out, he thought. As an apprentice he figured he could hardly invite Ravendance to come on patrol or to training without consulting Eveningsnow, and he wasn't really sure he wanted to hang out with Ravendance anyway, but... well, he did feel bad for her.
Arkinhallow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

━ β˜… wolfheart & mothpaw

Postby autumn, » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:54 am

❝ ☾ --W ᴏ ʟ ꜰ ʜ ᴇ α΄€ Κ€ α΄› !!
      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━
      ( ● sex. male ) ( ● rank. warrior ) ( ● tags. snowflower, ripplepaw )

indent. the playful tone in snowflower's greeting warmed the deputy's cold pelt. he would have never imagined that he would end up in the spot he was in, as the deputy of stormclan during such a time of need. surely there was another warrior more worthy of the position, right? a warrior more experienced was certainly better to help lead the clan through what even starclan seemed helpless to heal. despite his doubts with himself, the clan seemed to approve of antstar's choice. wolfheart had not yet heard from any cats who disapproved of him being chosen and hoped that there wouldn't be anytime soon. the last thing the clan needed at the moment was a dispute between himself and another member. a small bit of pride and gratefulness for his clan lifted his spirits even further as he snapped out of his thoughts. he shook his head lightly at snowflower's comment with a slight chuckle, "well it's my duty to make sure that every cat is taken care of now, and you are certainly at the top of the list." the tomcat gestured towards her swollen belly, "you're not just thinking for yourself. taking care of yourself ensures the clan strong future warriors." his tone was warm with the thought of her kits growing up to be strong, capable warriors that the clan could be proud of. wolfheart frowned slightly when she turned down his offer for a meal, knowing that she needed to eat in order to keep up her strength.

deciding not to fight snowflower on her decision, he was about to offer up some water when he heard a familiar voice chirp in. a rumbling purr rose from his chest as he recognized the tabby and white pelt of his apprentice, ripplepaw. the young tom was a good apprentice to have, however, wolfheart struggled with him at times. he could tell that ripplepaw wanted to learn but the mischievous nature that came with it proved to be a challenge at times. "thank you, ripplepaw." he said gratefully with a flick of his bushy tail. knowing that the young tom was probably there awaiting directions, wolfheart tilted his head in thought. now the he was bound to camp, he couldn't take his apprentice out for any proper hunting or border patrols, so what could he do to keep the young male from getting into trouble? "maybe here in a moment we could see how your battle skills have come along? with the clan so distracted by this sickness, it would be easier for foxes or badgers to take advantage. we must be ready to protect our sick clanmates." though he hadn't thought about it before, wolfheart shivered at the vision of teeth, claws, and blood that crossed his mind. glancing back at snowflower, he realized just how close it was to when she would be having her kits. if starclan can't save us from this sickness, can they even protect us from the danger that lies in the forest?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

❝ ❃ --M Φ… α΄› ʜ ᴘ α΄€ α΄‘ !!
      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━
      ( ● sex. female ) ( ● rank. apprentice ) ( ● tags. ripplepaw, riverkit )

indent. a small voice piped up in the middle of their conversation, drawing the young apprentice's attention to a small black kit staring at the older cats with bright eyes. a small purr rose in mothpaw's chest as she looked at riverkit. the small kit was a little bit of an outsider within the clan along with his mother, ravendance. the two new clan cats had joined the clan four months into mothpaw's kithood when riverkit was only a tiny on-moon-old kit. knowing all too well what it felt like to be different from a typical clan cat, mothpaw responded, "how about we play a game of moss ball until hawkfeather comes to get me for a patrol?" the young molly flicked her tail to the side to fetch a moss ball nearby and then batted the ball into the air for the kit to play with. she exchanged a glance with her brother as he dismissed the play session and trotted off to meet with wolfheart. mothpaw rolled her eyes, her brothers had never been the most playful of cats unless it was their idea. both ripplepaw and redpaw were known within the clan for their mischievious ways and although mothpaw would never participate in the two tom's shenanigans, it had also brought them popularity in the clan for being bold and brave. a small sigh escaped her as she turned her attention back to riverkit.

autumn,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

β˜… ━ sleepingbird [003]

Postby radio.active. » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:21 am

κœ±ΚŸα΄‡α΄‡α΄˜ΙͺΙ΄Ι’Κ™ΙͺΚ€α΄…
    ᴍᴏʟʟʏ // 32ᴍ // α΄‘α΄€Κ€Κ€Ιͺᴏʀ // α΄›α΄€Ι’κœ±; α΄„α΄‡α΄…α΄€Κ€κœ°α΄α΄α΄› // ᴍᴇɴᴛΙͺᴏɴꜱ; α΄‘α΄ΚŸκœ°Κœα΄‡α΄€Κ€α΄›

A soft purr rose in Sleepingbird's throat. "You are too kind, Cedarfoot." Her gaze followed his, landing on Antstar. The poor leader seemed to be overwhelmed with nerves and anxieties that he either could not or would not mask the trembling aura that emanated from himself. Sleepingbird didn't have the first clue what the tom was dealing with, and if it stayed that way for the rest of her life she would be happy. But that didn't stop her from worrying about their leader. Nothing could truly stop her from worrying.

"Antstar certainly has a tough journey ahead of him. I think Wolfheart is an excellent choice to help ease the load." Her tongue ran along another stubborn knot, easing it out as gently as possible. With Cedarfoot's last question, she sighed. "I wish I felt well enough to join you. But I'm afraid even getting to my paws brings about a rolling wave of nausea, so I unfortunately will have to pass." Even as she spoke, she made an effort to stand. "Though perhaps I can push myself a little and see if I can congratulate Wolfheart personally."

Sure enough, even the slight movement of shifting her weight gave her the sensation of almost-vomiting. She tried to mask the horrid feeling with an attempted chuckle. Even a kit with their sealed eyes and ears could tell that Sleepingbird was, in fact, not doing alright. Nevertheless, she persisted and rose to her paws. A triumphant little mrew escaped her throat before she could stop it, and she took the first shaky steps further into camp.

"It was lovely sharing tongues with you, Cedarfoot," she mewed to the tom. "I wish you and the scout patrol luck in finding the source of this horrid illness." With a final purr of gratitude, she turned and began fording her way through the flood of warriors. to greet the newly-named deputy and her former denmate. She hesitated for a few heartbeats, unwilling to interrupt the conversation between her two clanmates.

(( cool so mobile is the w o r s t ))
radio.active.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ripplepaw - 004

Postby ohm. » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:30 pm

π‘πˆπππ‹π„ππ€π–
male || 7 moons || apprentice || tags: wolfheart

"Yeah we'll send them right back to their dens!" Ripplepaw yowled, getting excited at the idea of a skirmish like a little kit hearing tales of battles between clans. Crouching down in a defensive stance, he thought about how he would really react if there ever were such a situation. Everyone likes to think that they would be brave and figure out the right thing to do, but surely not everyone can be a hero... Instinct can be unpredictable. Take Bearclaw leaving the clan for example. Was that something he really thought was right? Did he regret it? Ripplepaw narrowed his eyes. Instinct or not, he didn't want to be like his father, ever.
    "Okay so you're a badger. Big, stripey badger," Ripplepaw meowed still low to the ground in preparation, "I should try and strike the back side like this, right?" He leapt over the fluffy tom and landed in a little cloud of dirt to take a jab at his legs. The whole gesture was slow and methodical but he wanted to make sure he got everything right first. You never know when a badger could just... step into camp? With a pause, Ripplepaw turned to Wolfheart. "Have you ever fought a badger before?" Maybe that was a stupid question. Ripple had seen a few badgers while on patrols in the past, but he'd never seen them come anywhere close to camp. Though apparently they have a reputation to be quite ornery, from a distance they always looked peaceful; most of the other forest animals just took a quick look and scurry away whenever they come across him and any of his clanmates. But then again, why would he be learning something if it wasn't important?
ohm.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me