【Goodneighbor】- Now Accepting

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Any interest?

No
No votes
Needs plot/ more info
17%
Maybe
33%
Yes
50%

Total votes : 6

【Goodneighbor】- Now Accepting

Postby RavenWolf1010 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:39 pm

You feel a tap on your shoulder and someone reaching into your pocket. By the time you turn to see who it was, they're gone. As you check your pocket, you find a small, hastily written, folded notes that reads:
𝔽𝕖𝕖𝕝 𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕠𝕗 𝕡𝕝𝕒𝕔𝕖? ℂ𝕒𝕟 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕕 𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕕𝕤? 𝕆𝕣 𝕛𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕪 𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕠𝕣𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕒𝕣𝕪?
𝔹𝕠𝕪 𝕕𝕠 𝕀 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕝𝕒𝕔𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕪𝕠𝕦!

𝔾𝕠𝕠𝕕𝕟𝕖𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕓𝕠𝕣.
𝔸 𝕡𝕝𝕒𝕔𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕦𝕟𝕠𝕣𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕒𝕣𝕪.

┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅

Goodneighbor is a (rarely) quiet,rural town centered in a mountain-hugged valley surrounded by forest. It's safe haven for those who can't find a place to call home. Those specifically being inhuman creatures. While some humans do call Goodneighbor home, most are unaware of their inhuman neighbors.
Recently, there has been some odd happenings around town (and that's saying a lot for this town). People, both humans and Unordinarys, have started to turn up missing without a trace. There seems to be an unseen threat looming on the horizon but only time will tell if the town will be able to save itself, or if it's going to be doomed to become a ghost town.

This is an open-world type roleplay. Virtually any kind of OC is welcome.

For those characters who would be unable to pass for human/ do not have a human form: it's optional that when needed, they can utilize magic to either shroud themselves or pass for human (either changing forms or a "Glamour" to hide their true forms).

Rules
1. All CS forum rules apply.
2. No godmodding (unless pre-approved and is reasonable).
3. No killing characters without permission.
4. Please no posting large images in the roleplay. Colored text, fancy text, etc. is okay.
5. The rest should be common sense.

OOC Topic/ Apply here
Last edited by RavenWolf1010 on Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:03 am, edited 10 times in total.
RavenWolf1010

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

𝐖𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫/ 𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬/ 𝐄𝐭𝐜.

Postby RavenWolf1010 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:50 pm

【Weather】
☀/☾ │ ☃ │ ❄ │ ⤳ │ (☁) │ (☂) │(ϟ)
░ Overcast/ Stormy ░
░ 43 ℉/ 6 ℃ ░

【Current Events】
Nothing of interest
Last edited by RavenWolf1010 on Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:27 pm, edited 8 times in total.
RavenWolf1010

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬

Postby RavenWolf1010 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:05 pm

【Characters】

Played by RavenWolf1010:
Hancock, Raven, Gabriel

Played by Gleon:
Novak Coburn
Last edited by RavenWolf1010 on Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:20 am, edited 6 times in total.
RavenWolf1010

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐏𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭

Postby RavenWolf1010 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:45 pm

【Places and People of Interest】

𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐜𝐤'𝐬 𝐂𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐧
Associated PCs/NPCs: Hancock, Raven
Always a hot spot. Hancock's residence is the go-to for creatures with problems. New arrivals are sent here for information and shelter until they're settled into their new home. It's a modest three bedroom, two bath log cabin located to the East of town about ten minutes away by car. Swords and books line the walls and if Gabriel isn't around to clean it, the floor too. You can always tell when he's home because his unmistakable red 1990 Jeep will be parked in the driveway. His workshop is just to the left of his covered parking spot and is filled with more books and assorted medical and chemist equipment.
Hancock's House (Right View)
Bird's Eye (Interior)
(Images above created for me and this roleplay of Hancock's cabin by padfoot )

𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐚'𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐫
Associated PCs/NPCs: Darla
Probably the second most popular hot spot in town. Creatures and humans alike gather at all times of the day at Darla's Diner for her famous Eggs Benedict and her "special" coffee. "Just an old recipe my momma taught me", she always responds with a wink when people ask her what her secret is. The diner is frequented by truck drivers and locals and almost never is empty. There is a debate between the Unordinarys on whether or not Darla, as a human, knows about them. Having been born and raised in town for the last 55 years and serving all the locals that live there, you tend to notice a few things.

𝐃𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥'𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐤𝐞
Associated PCs/NPCs: N/A
A quaint lake that can be found to the West of the town. In the summer it draws tourists of all kinds for its water skiing, fishing, and camping hot spots. What lies in its murky depths Hancock couldn't even say for sure, but its surely not named "Devil's Lake" for nothing.

𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐰𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐌𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧
Goodneighbor's highest peak can be found to the Southwest of the town, bordering the lake's south end. It's famous for its beautiful overlook of the lake and part of the town. In the summer, spring, and fall it can be busy with avid hikers. However it is advised that during inclement weather it be avoided due to treacherous flooding and other unforeseen hazards.

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐫
Associated PCs/NPCs: Jared
The local watering hole for the town. After five, the bar is generally pretty full. There is a strict 21+ policy here, as well as a hard cutoff limit. Jared has been serving the town locals long enough to know when it's time to send them home, or when it's time to get ready to break up a bar fight. He tends to keep to himself but is always happy to lend an ear to a poor soul.

𝐌𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭
Talk about Small Town USA. Main Street is a typical American town's main street. Shops line either side of it. Towards the center is the Town Hall, with a lovely grassy area in front of it. Occasionally in the summer outdoor movie nights are held here for kiddos. Main Street has a few side streets that diverge as you get closer to the edges of town where housing developments begin for the residents and snow birds, as well as the motel for visitors and truckers.
List of shops on Main Street:
- Margaret and Sam's Antique shop
- Pharmacy
- Darla's Diner
- Flower shop
- Grocer
- Clinic
- Bank
- Sheriff's station
More to be added?...

𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐛𝐨𝐫 𝐏𝐨𝐬𝐭
The town's local newspaper. For the most part it's a fairly mundane paper that focuses on the upcoming weather, cleaning tips, and other "interesting" happenings around town. Now on occasion the paper happens to stumble upon something actually pertinent which leads to someone having to play clean up (read: cover up) crew. Lights in the sky? Totally aliens. An oversized, blurry figure in the woods? Bigfoot. Sometimes Hancock feeds them stories just to keep them off something too big. The red brick building can be found on the edge of town, just after the sheriff's station.

𝐇𝐮𝐥𝐥-𝐎𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐋𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫
Located on the West edge of town, the lumber mill is a huge part of revenue for the town. The owners do not actually live in Goodneighbor and it is instead ran by one of their nephews.
Last edited by RavenWolf1010 on Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:19 am, edited 20 times in total.
RavenWolf1010

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

NPC List

Postby RavenWolf1010 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:45 pm

reserved
Last edited by RavenWolf1010 on Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
RavenWolf1010

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Reserved

Postby RavenWolf1010 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:03 pm

reserved
Last edited by RavenWolf1010 on Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
RavenWolf1010

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Starting Post

Postby RavenWolf1010 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:59 am

Hancock. Goodneighbor Cafe. 8:30 A.M.

It was a dreary morning. Clouds blanketed the sky, an angry purplish-grey that promised storms in the afternoon with an occasional rumble of thunder for emphasis. Fog filled the streets. Hancock sat sipping his morning coffee in the town's little cafe as he awaited for his order. A few locals sat at the counter, drinking coffee and quietly chatting. The diner was otherwise empty except for him.
"Can I get you a refill, John?" Donna, the cafe's waitress asked with the hint of a southern drawl. "That'd be lovely, thank you." He set the paper down and folded his hands under his chin, watching as she poured. "Who was it this time?" She asked, gesturing to the paper between them as she set down the coffee pot. The front page read in big bold letters:

BIGFOOT. IS HE AMONG US?

followed by a grainy black and white picture of an upright form hidden in foliage. Hancock sighed defeatedly. "Raven again, eh?" Donna chuckled. "It's an improvement from where she was."
"I suppose." He pushed the paper away and took up his coffee. "Your order should be up in just a minute." She said with a smile before picking the coffee pot back up and walking back to the kitchen. A shadow moving down the main street caught his eye before disappearing behind him out of sight. The bell on the door of the cafe then tinkled, announcing the new arrival. "Speak of the devil." Hancock muttered over the rim of his coffee.

Raven. Somewhere outside of Goodneighbor. 8:00 A.M.

It felt good to run.

A dark shape flowed through the forest like water. Each leap and bound it made seemed like it was just floating. An obsidian wolf was at a dead run through the trees. It then suddenly skidded to a stop and cocked its head. For a few seconds it was motionless and then it sprung to the side. A scream broke the silence of the forest as a rabbit scurried from it's hiding place, the wolf on its heels. They moved in tandem through the foliage until the wolf put a small spring into its step and closed in on the rabbit. The death was swift as she slammed a paw down. Panting, the wolf stood a few moments catching its breath before it began to devour the rabbit. It didn't take long and once it was satisfied, it turned and headed for the town.

8:30 A.M.

Upon reaching the edge of the town, the wolf stopped and shook the dew from its fur. The change came easy to her today. Fur gave way to clothes, nails shrunk and turned from black back to a translucent pink, a snout turned back to a nose and mouth. A shiver ran through her and the young woman pulled the hood up around her face. Her eyes darted around nervously but eventually she decided to move on. She hadn't been too far outside of town and it wasn't long before she was at the door of the town's single diner. As she pushed open the door, the bell tingled. "Ah, Raven." She heard a familiar voice call her name and dropped her hood before turning to see no other than Hancock himself. "Howdy."
"Have a nice run this morning?" Her face was smeared with dirt and blood, as was her hands. "You have something a little... all over." Hancock pointed to his face. Raven cocked a brow and self-consciously pulled her hood tighter around herself before standing and ducking into the bathroom. She came back out a few minutes later looking more like a normal girl before sitting down across from Hancock just as Donna came with Hancock's order. "I got an Eggs Benedict here for ya with biscuits and gravy on the side just like you like it." She set the order down before Hancock along with silverware. "Thanks, Donna."
"Sure thing, hon. What about you, Raven? You want anything?"
"I'm good. I already ate, thanks." Donna nodded a farewell before she went off to serve other customers.
"So care to explain this?" Hancock slid the paper over towards her. Raven avoided eye contact and only shrugged. "You can't keep doing this. There's more than just you living here. Humans may be ignorant, but they aren't stupid, Raven." She only shrugged again. "You really have to be more careful."
"Sure."
"I mean it. You can't keep joking around like this. If this 'evidence' keeps coming up, it's going to put us on the map. If we get put on the map, we are going to start being investigated. You know what happens if they dig too deep? They show up and-"
"I know, ok!" She snarled, curling her lip back in a very wolf-like way. A few of the people at the counter turned their heads for a few seconds but didn't pay much attention otherwise. "We all have to be more careful." Hancock said quietly, watching with hidden concern as Raven seethed across from him. "Something's coming soon."

((I might play with a few formats of posting. I'm not sure which way I want to do it. Colors for every time they speak is harder than just a set block of color. Hmm...))
RavenWolf1010

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 【Goodneighbor】- Now Accepting

Postby Tordier » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:55 am

Novak Coburn
xxxxxxxxxxxx
Phoenix
35 Years
Gay
Single
Alone
xxxxxxxxxxxx
Few were privileged enough to see the interior of Novak's apartment. There really was not much to see. It was a tiny thing, little more than a bedroom, bathroom, and half a kitchen, and that suited him just fine. He hardly spent any time there, aside from sleeping, which was exactly what he was doing. Novak sat with his head tucked under his wing, in a makeshift nest of pillows and a blanket or two that had been carefully constructed the night before, as was his routine.
Despite being avian in nature, Novak found he was not much of an "early bird", especially since this life's occupation did not require him to be. Rarely, did he wake before nine o'clock, yet he found himself stirring a little earlier than usual. He shifted, fluffing out his feathers and cooing softly before blinking his eyes open. The morning light streaming in through gaps in the dark curtains he hung in the window. If he had his way, his apartment would be a lot brighter than it was, but it was a worthy compromise to ensure he could truly be himself without having to worry about being seen from the street below.
For the next several minutes, he set about his usual ritual of stretching his limbs and preening his feathers. Once Novak was satisfied, he fluttered to the kitchen and knocked over a box of corn flakes, which he pecked off the counter like a pigeon. It was only after all of this that he assumed human form, righted the box of cereal once more, and swept the remaining crumbs onto the floor with his hand to be cleaned by way of broom whenever he got around to it. He uttered a groan at the thought of having to sacrifice time to tackling such irritating chores, but left it at that for now. There were more pressing matters to attend to, such as the cigarette shortage he was currently experiencing. It was off to Main Street to rectify the situation. Novak exited his apartment, locked the door behind him, and descended down the stairs to the ground floor to begin his journey.

(( I'm sure you'll find something that works for you. I have my posting format saved in google docs, so I just re-use this old thing. ))
Tordier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RavenWolf1010 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:53 pm

Gabriel. Somewhere in the western United States. 5 a.m.

The breeze blew softly through the tress, making a quiet shushing sound. The demon lay dead before Gabriel, his blood slicked her sword. Despite the fighting that had gone on just moments ago it was eerily peaceful in the cool, early morning air. It's always so peaceful after a fight. She found the peace soothing. It was almost as though the universe had become perfectly balanced. That was at least until the next demon came along to screw it up.
The angel wiped the blade and sheathed it. The demon body began to dissolve into a black dust. Before she left she produced a small vial from her pocket and scooped some up. It was time she visited some old friends.

It was only so long before Raven had to excuse herself from the table and rush from the confines of the diner. It seemed like everything was going to bother her today. As it began to warm up the fog started to thin. She could smell rain in the air along with an almost metallic hint, telltale of a thunderstorm. Surely it would start to rain any minute now. The shifter tightened the hood around her face. Being wet in her human form was one of her least favorite things. In her wolf form she didn't mind too much but Hancock always complained of her 'wet dog' smell.
╔═══════════════╗

❝ Wʜʏ? Wʜʏ ᴅᴏ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴs ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴋʏ?
Wʜʏ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʀʏ sᴏ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴛᴏ ғʟʏ ᴡʜᴇɴ
ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ’ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴʏ ᴡɪɴɢs? ❞

╚══════════════╝
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxxx▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪xxxxx
Hello, I'm Raven.
I'm an EMT and a
Jeep connoisseur

▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

xxxxx▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪xxxxx
【Trade Thread】
【Auction Thread】
【Eldemore】
xxxxx▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪xxxxx
Nᴇᴠᴇʀ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴏʀ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ
Dᴇsᴇᴄʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ sᴍɪʟᴇ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ғᴀᴄᴇ
Dɪsɪɴᴛᴇɢʀᴀᴛᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪsɪɴɢ sᴜɴ
A ʀᴏʟʟɪɴɢ ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏғ ᴏʙʟɪᴠɪᴏɴ
- Dᴇsᴇᴄʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ Sᴍɪʟᴇ ʙʏ Rᴇᴅ Hᴏᴛ Cʜɪʟɪ Pᴇᴘᴘᴇʀs -
RavenWolf1010

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RavenWolf1010 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:00 am

up
╔═══════════════╗

❝ Wʜʏ? Wʜʏ ᴅᴏ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴs ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴋʏ?
Wʜʏ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʀʏ sᴏ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴛᴏ ғʟʏ ᴡʜᴇɴ
ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ’ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴʏ ᴡɪɴɢs? ❞

╚══════════════╝
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hello, I'm Raven.
I'm an EMT and a
Jeep connoisseur

▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀