𝑹𝑢𝑢𝑻𝑺 - o/a

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

𝑹𝑢𝑢𝑻𝑺 - o/a

Postby འབྲོག་ཁྱི » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:33 pm

β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†
β–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒ
─ 𝐼'𝑉𝐸 𝐺𝑂𝑇 ──────
────────────
βΉ‚ ────── 𝗑𝗒 ─
────────────
βΉ‚ 𝑹𝑢𝑢𝑻𝑺 ──
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
      The nomadic Balva pack has braved the challenging climate beyond the Arctic Circle ever since they could remember.
      They've traveled with the wind, howled at the northern lights, and reveled under the midnight sun, but no one place has
      been able to hold them long enough to be called home. And with every setting sun, a tired soul succumbs to the rigours of
      this lifestyle. So when the young new leader decides that the pack should break tradition and settle down to establish a
      territory of their own, it is thought that the change would be welcomed by all. But it doesn't take long for whispers of
      mutiny to surface...

Do you choose to remain loyal, or will you still hear the call of the wilds?
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
འབྲོག་ཁྱི

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

𝑹𝑢𝑢𝑻𝑺 - location

Postby འབྲོག་ཁྱི » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:23 am

β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
─ 𝐼'𝑉𝐸 𝐺𝑂𝑇 ──────
βΉ‚ ────── 𝗑𝗒 ─
────────────
βΉ‚ 𝑹𝑢𝑢𝑻𝑺 ──
      Territory; The territory is dominated by evergreen pines and firs. The undergrowth is fairly scarce, and consists mostly
      of woody plants such as bilberries, and dense beds of various mosses and lichens. Other vegetation is still difficult to detect
      from beneath the remaining snow.

Prey; Reindeer are abundant, but adults require a hunting party to be taken down. Lemmings and voles are beginning
      to emerge. Rivers remain mostly frozen, making fish inaccessible. Various birds from Siberian jays to capercaillies roam
      the area. Mountain hares are common, but may be difficult to detect. Red squirrels, and small mustelids, such as stoats,
      can also be found in the area.

Predators; Wolverines can pose a risk to individual dogs, and often scavenge prey that has been left behind. Bears
      are still hibernating. Wolves compete for prey with the pack, but depending on the individual, they can be aggressive,
      friendly, or indifferent towards the pack. Lynxes can pose a threat to individual dogs, but often keep their distance.

Other hazards; None at the moment.

Season; Early spring. The ground is still hidden beneath a blanket of snow, but the amount of prey is slowly growing,
      and the world is beginning to wake up from its slumber.

Weather; The polar night has ended, and the sun has emerged from beyond the horizon. Slightly windy.

Mutiny status; Remains secret, and known only to a select few. No mutineers have been uncovered.
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
འབྲོག་ཁྱི

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

𝑹𝑢𝑢𝑻𝑺 - Balva pack

Postby འབྲོག་ཁྱི » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:52 am

β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
─ 𝐼'𝑉𝐸 𝐺𝑂𝑇 ──────
βΉ‚ ────── 𝗑𝗒 ─
────────────
βΉ‚ 𝑹𝑢𝑢𝑻𝑺 ──
      The Balva (meaning "cloud" in Northern Sami) pack consists of wild dogs, and most of them are highly mixed breeds.
      Purebred dogs will occasionally come across the pack and tag along, but very few of them can handle the harsh conditions,
      and are thus a minority. There are also a couple of wolfdogs in the pack, but they are often treated with suspicion and
      commonly end up in lower ranks despite the fact that they tend to be faster or stronger than the average dog.

These dogs do not carry human names as most of them have never had any contact with them. Instead, their names come
      from nature, the pack's mythology, and what they refer to as 'the old speech' (Northern Sami). The only exception are pure-
      bred dogs, who occasionally keep their human-given names when joining the pack.

Most Balva pack dogs have fairly thick coats, which they need in order to survive the long winter. They are medium to
      large in size.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The Guide is the pack's leader and most respected member. They navigate the wilderness with the stars as their map,
      leading the pack to prosperous lands and paths chosen by the gods. It is also up to the Guide to instruct the pack on
      rituals and matters related to their mythology. They are elected through a vote when the previous Guide passes away,
      or is found unable to lead any longer.

The Watcher is the Guide's second-in-command, and their most trusted confidant. They are the Guide's eyes and ears
      in the daily life of the pack, and where the Guide has their eyes aimed at the skies, the Watcher sees the ground. They
      act as an advisor to the Guide, often providing valuable insight on matters concerning the pack.

The Healer maintains the pack's health, tends to injuries, and sees the signs of approaching sickness. They usually enjoy
      the perks of a high status, as many travelers have the habit of providing gifts and benefits to them as a way of requesting
      the spirits for good health.

The Disciple is the Healer's apprentice; a coveted position. They assist their mentor with all kinds of medicine-related
      tasks, whilst learning the trade themselves. This rank is set in stone, as the pack must always have a healer. In the event
      of the previous Healer's death, the Disciple will become the new Healer.

The Seekers are the best scouts in the pack. They scope out the places chosen by the Guide, daring to be the first in
      unexplored lands. They also advice any travelers on matters related to scouting, and report directly to the Guide.

The Trappers are the elite of hunters. This duo alone could bring down an elk, when it usually requires an entire pack.
      They also assist travelers with their hunting tasks, and report to the Watcher.

The Keepers are the guardians of the pack. They keep the peace, solve conflict, and protect those weaker than them-
      selves from danger. They enjoy great trust from the Guide, and consequently from most of the pack. All their work is
      usually coordinated within the Keepers themselves, but were the need to rise, they can seek guidance from either the
      Guide or the Watcher.

The Travelers make up most of the pack; they are the general population. Depending on the needs of the pack, their
      tasks and routines vary greatly. Common chores for Travelers include gathering materials for the Healer, assisting the
      Seekers with less demanding tasks, and participating in hunts with the Trappers.

The Lost have strayed on their journey. They have broken laws, put others in danger, or simply been born under un-
      fortunate stars. The rank of a Lost is life-long, unless one redeems themselves in the eyes of gods, and the pack. If
      a crime is considered severe, but not enough to result in exile, the rank can be hereditary from parent to pup.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The Guide; Crow / four / female / tall & athletic, kind brown eyes, brindle coat with white markings / loyal / chevreuil

The Watcher; name / age / gender / appearance / leader of the mutineers / player

The Healer; Anemone / four / female / petite, dark brown eyes, pure white coat / loyal / wildsight,,
        The Disciple; name / age / gender / appearance / status / player

The Seekers; 2/2
            name / age / gender / appearance / status / Shadow~Wolf
            Odin / five / male / athletic physique, piercing amber eyes, raven black coat / loyal / .cΕ‚arke

The Trappers; 1/2
            Whitetail / five / male / toned physique, rich russet & black coat with white markings / loyal / iggyzoi
            name / age / gender / appearance / status / player

The Keepers; 0/3

The Travelers; 1/5
            Moss / two / female / tall & nimble, dark sable with white markings / loyal / Keriae

The Lost; 0/2

purebred dogs; 0/2
        wolfdogs; 0/2

mutineers; 0/7
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
འབྲོག་ཁྱི

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

𝑹𝑢𝑢𝑻𝑺 - outsiders

Postby འབྲོག་ཁྱི » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:46 am

β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆ β–Œ
─ 𝐼'𝑉𝐸 𝐺𝑂𝑇 ──────
βΉ‚ ────── 𝗑𝗒 ─
────────────
βΉ‚ 𝑹𝑢𝑢𝑻𝑺 ──
────────────
      The Outsiders are the loners of the area; those who do not belong to the pack. The Outsiders and the Balva dogs tend to
      be equally wary of each other, and any Outsiders crossing the borders of the newly established territory are treated with
      caution. Although most of the Balva dogs aren't inherently aggressive towards outsiders, and occasionally even allow
      temporary visitors to stay with them, they won't welcome just about anyone.
      The Outsiders;
          name / age / gender / appearance / outsider / player
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    འབྲོག་ཁྱི

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

𝑹𝑢𝑢𝑻𝑺 - myths, rituals, events, & laws

Postby འབྲོག་ཁྱི » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:51 am

β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    ─ 𝐼'𝑉𝐸 𝐺𝑂𝑇 ──────
    βΉ‚ ────── 𝗑𝗒 ─
    βΉ‚ 𝑹𝑢𝑢𝑻𝑺 ──
        Mythology; The Balva dogs believe that the world was created from a great tundra of eternal frost when the primordial
        entity AlgΓ©nn laid down to rest, and caused the permafrost to melt from below her. The resulting water brought life to
        the plain, and it sprouted tall trees and soft moss that gave a home to all the various animals that AlgΓ©nn could think of.
        But AlgΓ©nn was lonely. Even if she had all those animals to keep her company, she couldn't make them talk. She wept,
        and her tears flowed like a river to the dark sky above, creating the Northern lights. The crackling of those bright lights
        guided another entity, Gillir, to AlgΓ©nn. From their love were born the dogs who were able to speak to these entities,
        whom they called gods out of respect.
        Not all was perfect in the great tundra. The dogs were difficult to control; they chased the elk, their barks irritated the
        bear, and they fought with the wolf over scraps when food was abundant. So Gillir gave them a task: they were to roam
        the earth until they understood it, and could respect their fellow animals. Only then would they be called back to the great
        tundra. But AlgΓ©nn felt bad for the dogs who were being sent to a dangerous world, so she cast the Northern lights on their
        skies. She also gave them lesser, but numerous versions of their brethren: the bear would now bite back at the dogs, the
        hare would slip from their paws, and the wolves would compete with them.

The Balva dogs also believe that various spirits, projections of their unearthly brethren, sometimes roam the earth. The
        most common of these is the White Elk, who appears to obedient dogs when they need guidance. For this reason, pure
        white reindeer are off-limits to any who wish to see the great tundra again. There is also the Sky Wolf, who felt bad for
        the lesser wolves that had turned their backs on the gods, and thus poked holes in the skies to create the stars that could
        guide them even when the Northern lights had been driven away. Although the stars were created with the wolves in mind,
        the dogs benefit from them too, and thus offer their thanks to the Sky Wolf by avoiding conflict with the wolves. Crows
        are considered to be the eyes of the gods on earth, which is why eating them will make you ill.

Rituals; The Balva dogs have many rituals and small daily blessings, but their greatest rituals include ones related to hunting,
        death, and birth. All dogs who follow the way of the gods obediently observe these rituals, the most significant of which is
        considered the hunting ritual.

The hunting ritual demands that the dogs can only hunt what they need, and they cannot wound without intent to kill. When
        an animal has been killed, the ritual itself begins. They wish for the spirit of that animal to join its greater brother in the great
        tundra, and the skull is cleaned to be placed atop the tallest rock nearby.

The death ritual is performed when a dog from the pack dies. The healer will ask for the gods to grant the dog safe passage
        onto the great tundra, and to forgive it for any mistakes it may make. The dog is buried below the tallest tree nearest to
        where it had died, and the trunk is marked to let the dog's spirit know that it cannot travel with the pack anymore, and it
        must move onto the great tundra.

The birth ritual involves the entire pack asking the gods to give the pups strength, and to be merciful towards them as no
        dog is flawless. The mother will reveal their names, which are then chanted towards the night sky.

Events; The most significant events in a year are the end of the polar night, the rising of the midnight sun, and the
        appearance of Northern lights. The polar night ends during late winter, the midnight sun rises around midsummer, and
        Northern lights can be seen any time at night, but they are most common around midnight. The ending of the polar night and
        the rising of the midnight sun are usually marked by feasts and great celebrations of reveling. As Northern lights are a more
        common sight, they are usually merely celebrated with howls to let the gods know that the dogs have not abandoned their
        ways.

Law; The Balva pack lives by fairly simple laws that are believed to be the will of the gods. The value that they strive to
        uphold the most is respect for their surroundings and each other, for only by being mindful of their actions towards the
        world and their brethren can they live on the great tundra again. Causing harm to another, or going against the word of
        the Guide is considered punishable.
        However, the other law that the Balva pack has long followed has recently been called into question by the actions of the
        Guide. This law was Gillir's task to roam the earth, which has always been interpreted as a nomadic lifestyle until now.
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    འབྲོག་ཁྱི

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

𝑹𝑢𝑢𝑻𝑺 - roleplay rules & other guidelines

Postby འབྲོག་ཁྱི » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:10 am

β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    β–ˆ β–Œ
    ─ 𝐼'𝑉𝐸 𝐺𝑂𝑇 ──────
    βΉ‚ ────── 𝗑𝗒 ─
    ────────────
    βΉ‚ 𝑹𝑢𝑢𝑻𝑺 ──
        Rules
        ─ Make sure that you're familiar with all of the CS rules, especially those concerning appropriate material and images.
        Other than that, exercise good common sense. If you're unsure about something, don't hesitate to ask!
        ─ High activity is a must, so only reserve a role if you're ready to post about once a week. Each post should be a decent
        paragraph, and contribute something to the story. If you need more time, please let me know!
        ─ To make the thread more coherent, disable signatures and try to keep things neat.
        ─ Please reserve roles through pm! These reservations last 48 hours, after which you should have the basic information
        of your character up in the discussion thread. One character per player for now, but this might change.
        ─ The roleplay is set in the real world, and although the Balva dogs' life is entwined with mythology and magical elements,
        characters in the roleplay should not have any magical powers or unrealistic traits, other than ones that can be explained
        through their mythology (e.g. belief that the healer communicates with spirits). This being said, avoid any sort of god-
        modding or powerplay in your posts.
        Other guidelines
        ─ There are so many roles in the roleplay that you aren't required to form relationships with all of the characters, but I
        encourage you to form relationships beforehand with characters that are vital to your character's story. You aren't required
        to post a chart for relationships, but I recommend doing so.
        ─ You don't have to have a picture reference for your character, as a detailed description will be entirely sufficient! If you
        choose to use a picture, pay close attention to whether or not you have the right to use said image. There shouldn't be any
        additional images in your form, as one reference is enough.
        ─ Make sure to include in your form whether your character is loyal or a mutineer, and possibly a reason why. Mutineer slots
        are limited in the beginning of the roleplay, but this will likely change as the roleplay progresses.
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    β–ˆ
    འབྲོག་ཁྱི

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

𝑹𝑢𝑢𝑻𝑺 - o/a

Postby འབྲོག་ཁྱི » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:53 pm

𝑹𝑢𝑢𝑻𝑺 𝑖𝑠 π‘›π‘œπ‘€ π‘œπ‘π‘’π‘› π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ π‘Žπ‘π‘π‘’π‘π‘‘π‘–π‘›π‘”!​

Last bumped by འབྲོག་ཁྱི on Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:53 pm.
    འབྲོག་ཁྱི

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me