La Tierra Muerta {o&a}

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

La Tierra Muerta {o&a}

Postby Koráki » Sun May 19, 2019 4:56 pm

In the desert, the line between life and death is sharp and quick.

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

In this dry, barren desert, there is a town. Buildings of weather-beaten stone and sun-baked adobe crumble with age, though some have still managed to survive. There is one thunderpath, a dull, cracked gray ribbon that slices through the town, untraveled by the twolegs, who abandoned this place long ago. In the center rises an old clock tower, somehow still standing, a symbol and a beacon to the sole inhabitants of this forsaken place. These cats, who have fought for every mouthful of food, every precious drink of water, have learned to survive in such an inhospitable place. A clan of cats as unyielding as the noonday sun, yet held together by bonds forged in survival and battle: Desertclan.
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

current plot;; A light rain has brought the clan out of an intense and devastating heatwave that lasted for almost a moon. Several cats have died, including the deputy, and the leader has lost a life. Talonscar has been named the new deputy, to the disapproval of some cats. He and the leader must now work to revive their heat-exausted clan.
Last edited by Koráki on Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Koráki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

Postby Koráki » Sun May 19, 2019 5:27 pm

i. all cs rules apply ii. posts are to be at least six sentences per cat, per post. grammar and punctuation are encouraged, though mistakes are always understandable. iii. each user may have up to three characters, though only one character may possess a high rank. iv. please post all forms and ooc in the discussion thread, and wait to be accepted before joining the roleplay. v. drama is encouraged for plot; however, be mindful of other users and refrain from powerplaying or godmodding. vi. all breeds are welcome, but please no hybrids. vii. you cannot be your own mate/mentor/apprentice. viii. please disable signatures. ix. please don't be afraid to post plot suggestions in the discussion thread. all contributions to the plot are appreciated!
Last edited by Koráki on Mon May 20, 2019 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Koráki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Ranks

Postby Koráki » Sun May 19, 2019 5:48 pm

leader;; Ghoststar - silver she-cat - red fox. x

deputy;; Talonscar - ruddy abyssinan tom - Koráki x

medicine cat;; Lilypebble - silver maine coon she-cat - Rhysand. x

medicine cat apprentice;; name - gender and description - user [url=x]x[/url]

warriors;;
Poppyheart - orange tabby she-cat - red fox. x

Cinderheart - black oriental she-cat - Rhysand. x

name - gender and description - user [url=x]x[/url]

apprentices;;

Adderpaw - brown tom - red fox. x

Wasppaw - dark marbled tabby - Koráki x

queens;; name - gender and description - user [url=x]x[/url]

kits;; name - gender and description - user [url=x]x[/url]

elders;; name - gender and description - user [url=x]x[/url]
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
Last edited by Koráki on Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:18 am, edited 11 times in total.
Koráki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Misc Info

Postby Koráki » Mon May 20, 2019 6:31 am

main camp;; Desertclan makes its home in a ghost town far away from any twolegs. A gray, cracked thunderpath cuts through the town, and is the main path the cats travel on. Most of the buildings are crumbling and unsafe, but the ones near the main square remain standing. These are where the dens of the warriors, queens, and apprentices are kept. The cats sleep in nests made of dry grass and weeds. In the center of the town is a clock tower. The leader sleeps behind the face, where he can look out onto the town. The medicine den is at the bottom, tucked beneath the stairwell. Meetings are held just outside of the clock tower, in the main square. The sole source of water in the camp is an old fountain in the town square that steadily drips water, and the prey pile is kept in the nearest building out of the sun.

territory;; The desert stretches for miles outside of the town, covered with brown grasses and cacti. There are mountains in the distance, huge and looming, seeming to be set on fire as the sun sets each evening. A short walk from the town are the Wailing Stones, an outcrop of red rock that is riddled with holes and dips that emit a mournful, chilling sound as the wind blows over and through them.

threats;; Coyotes, bobcats, cougars, and sometimes even wild dogs stalk the desert. Hawks and eagles prey on young cats from above. Venomous snakes are incredibly dangerous and hard to spot. There also environmental threats, such as sun exposure and dehydration, and flooding when the rare storm passes through.

prey;; Rabbits, mice, prairie dogs, and smaller birds and reptiles.

laws;; Aside from the warrior code, Desertclan has had to enforce additional laws to keep the peace. 1. Kits and queens eat first, then the elders, the higher ranks, the warriors, and the apprentices in that order. 2. There are routine water breaks to help make sure everyone gets a drink; no drinking takes place outside of these times. 3. No cat may leave the camp after dark without special permission from a higher rank. Apprentices must always be accompanied by a warrior while hunting or on patrol.

traditions;; Desertclan cats love storytelling, and are staunch believers in the supernatural. The medicine cat will often take trips to the Wailing Stones, an outcrop of red rocks that are riddled with holes and dips that emit mournful, chilling sounds when the wind blows across them. There, they meet with the Ancestors.

other myths;; It is believed that other creatures besides the coyotes and bobcats stalk the desert. For seasons, the elders whisper tales of the bloodsucking chupacabras and howling wendigos. One even swore he came muzzle to muzzle with a giant rabbit with antlers and fangs. These stories are often disbelieved by rational cats, but not everyone can blame the wind when unearthly wailing can be heard on nights when the air is still and unmoving.
Last edited by Koráki on Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Koráki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: La Tierra Muerta {o&a}

Postby Koráki » Mon May 20, 2019 7:23 am

res just in case
Last edited by Koráki on Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koráki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Koráki » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:20 pm

Open for posting!
Koráki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Koráki » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:26 am

✹ᴛᴀʟᴏɴsᴄᴀʀ✹
near the entrance of the clock tower|mood: serious|tags: none
------------------------------

The tom paced back and forth, paws crunching on the bits of gravel that littered the ground. His amber eyes were hard, trained on something only he could see. Things were a mess, he felt. Several cats dead, including the past deputy. Ghoststar left with one less life. The remaining warriors and apprentices were still in the throes of thirst and hunger. It would take them time to gain their strength. Talonscar could only hope that the time would pass uneventfully. The clan was weak at the moment, open to an attack from coyotes or other animals. He hated feeling so vulnerable.

Talonscar finally sat down with a thud and shook himself, trying to clear away the agitation. It wouldn't help anything, and he needed a clear head while he talked with Ghoststar about recovery operations.

↞ᴡᴀsᴘᴘᴀᴡ↠
sitting outside of the apprentice den|mood: excited|tags: none
------------------------------

Wasppaw was practically vibrating in his seat. His tailtip twitched and his yellow eyes sparkled in the bright sun. Today was his first patrol! He was so excited! He wondered where his mentor would take him. Maybe they'd go and fight a wild bobcat. Oh! Or maybe the were going hunting. Wouldn't that be something, to bring back enough food to feed all of Wasppaw's clanmates? The apprentice kneaded the ground impatiently. Where was his mentor? Why were they taking so long? Would Adderpaw and his mentor come with them? It would be fun to have his first patrol with his denmate. Oh, hurry up, hurry up!
Koráki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me