☁︎ ➤ summitclan ;; o & a

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

tail of wind, one.

Postby legend speaker » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:30 pm

ASHENBREEZE
(35 moons) ━ (warrior) ━ (tom) ━ (galehowl) ━ (camp)

xxxxxThe most delicate of morning commotion awoke the tom from a dreamless slumber, paws itching irritably as if he had slept on a thorn through the night. Ears angled towards the gap in the cave where it lead out, bright yellows rivaling that of the sun, even in his fatigued state of mind. The conversation outside of the den was carried in by a soft breeze, hardly enough to ruffle fur, but enough to where the soft-grey could feel the wind call him outside, into the wild. Reluctantly he agreed to the will of the breeze. With his compliance came a buffet of wind, glancing towards the streaked sky with unknowing intensity, and it calmed.
    xxxxxHis nose picked up the scent of a few already mingling in camp, notably of them being deputy Galehowl. Had he just arrived back? Impressive, Ashenbreeze chuffed smoothly, expecting no less from one so committed to his role. Wonderment brimmed in those two round orbs of his; despite being only three moons older, Galehowl was impressive and someone that the tom looked up to, almost a brother figure to him. His actual brothers were quite splendid when in a good mood, though harsh in nature, nothing like the leader-esque feline in his sights.
    xxxxxHis fur felt hot for a moment as the warrior realized he had been staring for quite a bit of time, fur pricking around his neck as the deputy's gaze fell on him - or so he thought - for a terse moment, then back around. A minute later, Ashenbreeze was joining Galehowl where he stood at the call for patrol, willing his fur to sooth over with an incredible amount of effort. A few swipes along his chest fur put him at ease, glancing at the deputy with a curt nod.
    xxxxx"You were out earlier, weren't you?" the tom prompted, the scent of the mountain clinging to the elder cat's fur. "Don't overwork yourself, even if there are two deputies, you're an asset we can't afford without." With a purr, his fur tugged into a small smile, before staring off, ears shifting to focus on the sounds of camp while they waited.
    xxxxxHis attention was suddenly swarmed after he remembered the brief conversation he heard while he was attempting to fall asleep again, Witherthorn wasn't very quiet when it came to his excitable side, something about eavesdropping that he was sure he would be hearing about later. Nothing was ever kept a secret between the six of them, though it was hard to gather when they made up a good portion of the clan. Ashenbreeze focused for a moment on trying to find his littermate, with no luck of course, he may be somewhere, but it wasn't his problem right now. For now, he could serve his clan the best he could without using his powers to disturb the camp with a brisk breeze, especially after a harsh leafbare.
legend speaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➤ Hail, Light, & Cricket || 001

Postby wildsight » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:29 am

──── 𝘏𝘈𝘐𝘓𝘞𝘏𝘐𝘚𝘗𝘌𝘙!! ────
(Male) ─ (Thirty-five moons) ─ (Warrior) ─ (No romantic intrest) ─ (Mentions --) ─ (Tags: Witherthorn, Pebblefoot, Jaggedleap, Goldenpond, Ashenbreeze)
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

THE GOLDEN DISK of the sun was beginning to rise above the horizon as Hailwhisper slept. The tom rolled over in his nest and continued to sleep his tail flicking every now and then. Hailwhisper wasn't a morning cat. He preferred to sleep in rather than being the first cat up. He wanted to get as much rest as possible. That way he would have more energy to use later on. Not that he needed to use his energy very often. At least since leafbare. It was newleaf now though it was still quite chilly. The tom's ear twitched as a soft breeze flew over his pelt. His whiskers twitched, and he yawned, but didn't wake up.

AT LEAST NOT until another tom pounced on him. He woke with a start his eyes wide. He hissed whipping his head around just in time to hear his brother hiss something in his ear. Get the others? The usual spot? Maybe, he was still dreaming. He let his eyes close again only for them to snap back open. Witherthorn waking him up at dawn to head to their usual spot? That could only mean one thing. Something was amiss. He rose to his paws his eyes narrowed in their usual way. Of course, he had to be the one to round up the rest of their siblings. Stepping out of his nest he padded over toward the sleeping forms of his siblings. He padded toward one of his sisters Pebblefoot. He prodded her with a paw leaning toward her ear. "Wake up. Witherthorn wants us to meet at the usual spot. He's probably already left." he whispered before padding away to do the same to Jaggedleap and Goldenpond. Now where was Ashenbreeze? He glanced around the den only to find that his brother had left.

HE HISSED AND padded out of the den. He blinked rapidly as his eyes adjusted to the light. He then saw him. Of course, his brother had decided to speak with the deputy. He flicked his tail in annoyance before padding over toward the deputy and Ashenbreeze. He didn't stop once he reached them though. He slowed and as he passed his brother he whispered in his ear "Witherthorn wants us to meet at the usual spot. Hurry he's already left!" he said bounding toward the camp entrance. He had looked for the black tom but had not found anything that might have said differently. He had left. He bounded out of camp hissing as his paws landing in the freezing snow. He didn't care if his siblings followed him or not really. He was already upset that he had been woken up early just to meet at the usual spot. If Witherthorn didn't have, a good reason for getting him up then Hailwhisper was going to have a good word with him.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

──── 𝘓𝘐𝘎𝘏𝘛𝘋𝘙𝘌𝘈𝘔!! ────
(Female) ─ (Twenty-six moons) ─ (Warrior) ─ (No romantic intrest) ─ (Mentions --) ─ (Tags: Galehowl, Ashenbreeze)

THE DIM DAWN light glowed softly on the molly's pelt. She sighed as she watched the golden disk rise slowly on the horizon. There was nothing like watching a beautiful sun rise. She got up early every morning to see it. She smiled warmly at the sun before glancing around the camp. A few of her fellow clanmates we're awake. Most we're still asleep. Another day always brought her great joy. Maybe, she would be able to join a patrol today. She was sure once the deputy woke up patrol would be assigned. But for now she was happy to just sit here and watch the sky slowly brighten.

AS THE MOLLY watched the sun she was absently aware of a few other cats waking up. She soon saw the clan's deputy Galehowl pad out of the warriors den. No doubt that patrols would be assigned soon. She glanced around the camp wondering where her apprentice was. Probably still in the apprentice den. She didn't see her anywhere in the clearing. Shortly afterwards she heard the deputy summon the warriors. Since, she herself was a warrior she rose to her paws and began to make her way toward him. Just then another warrior joined the deputy. Ashenbreeze. She waved her tail in greeting to the toms before sitting down beside them. "Good morning" she said gleefully to the toms. She couldn't wait for the patrols to be assigned. That way she could really start the morning.

──── 𝘊𝘙𝘐𝘊𝘒𝘌𝘛𝘗𝘈𝘞!! ────
(Female) ─ (Nine moons) ─ (Apprentice) ─ (No romantic intrest) ─ (Mentions --) ─ (Tags: Open)

THE YOUNG APPRENTICE rolled over in her nest sleepily. The soft glow of the sun glowed on her tabby pelt. She purred softly before rolling over again. Cricketpaw always seemed restless. Even in her sleep. Her tail twitched along with her ears. A chilly breeze swept through her pelt and her whiskers twitched. She rolled over again and laid there. Her whiskers twitched before she sneezed. Jolting herself awake she glanced around the den. The only other apprentices that we're awake we're Magpiepaw and her brother Dewpaw. The two we're very different from each other though they loved each other dearly. Her ears twitched before leaping out of her nest. She had slept long enough. She needed to get the day started. And there was no better way to start the day than going on a patrol.

CRICKETPAW BLINKED AS she stepped out of the apprentice den. She glanced around seeing that a few cats we're up. She narrowed her eyes scanning the camp for her mentor. She soon spotted the tom alongside a tom whose name was Ashenbreeze and a molly whose name was Lightdream. She was quite proud that her mentor was one of the deputies. Galehowl had just called for the warriors of Summitclan. She bounded over to her mentor her tail swaying. "Hey Galehowl!" she said happily. She then bounded away toward the fresh-kill pile
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
hi, i'm wild <3
――――――――――
th | art fight | ©

wildsight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ☁︎ ➤ summitclan ;; o & a

Postby L.I.N.G.E.R » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:11 am

G O L D E N P O N D
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Goldenpond || 62 Moons || Warrior || Ear of Light || Meeting her siblings || Tags: Hailwhisper, Witherthorn, Pebblefoot, Jaggedleap, Ashenbreeze

《 I'm grateful to anyone that is happy or 'free' for giving me hope. 》

Within my dreams small orbs of light followed my every move, their gentle light making my pelt tingle, my eyes glittering with mirth as I watched the orbs dance in the night sky. Their shine reflected in my dark amber eyes and created shadows along the ground that I found myself playfully chasing and trying to step on, but they were a little too fast for me. They were playing back, dangling so close to my reach and then just swooping away in graceful arcs and dips. Such lovely things, but I knew I didn't have much longer with them before the morning came and I would be woken from my sleep. It was a glorious thing to spend time not worrying about anything, yet it was not a life I constantly wanted to live. I found that I enjoyed caring for others and protecting the clan, regardless of my soft and non-violent nature. I still wouldn't hesitate to risk my own life to protect my clan. Especially considering this power I was mysteriously gifted with. Things happened for a reason, I didn't have this power of light for no reason other than for me to enjoy it and I was certain the same could be said for my gifted siblings. Each with their own unique power. I only wish I had a clue as to what we were supposed to do with them. Maybe it was one of those 'all in due time' things? I could only trust in our ancestors, when they needed us to know why we were given our powers then they would find a way to tell us. In the meantime it was becoming ever apparent to me that the real world was calling to me, the orbs were slowly fading and I could feel the tug of reality trying to pull me from my dreams. Saying a final goodbye to my little orbs until I could see them again in my dreams I let myself be brought to the land of the living with the other cats in my clan.

Warmth seeped into my pelt, never one for sleeping in I let the warm sun further spread through my already warm bodice as my ears flicked in apprehension that it was morning and it was time to become active. Hesitantly I opened my eyes, blinking against the soft light that was pouring into the warrior's den and spilling over my pale golden fur. A small smile spread across my muzzle, disrupted by a brief yawn that filled my lungs with the crisp morning air. It wasn't long before Hailwhisper caught my attention with his urgent message about Witherthorn wanting to meet with the rest of us. If must be something important, especially if it required waking up Hailwhisper. That tom did not like to budge from slumber until he had to. Blinking in confirmation that I heard him and understood I let my paws find their way underneath my small frame and push me to my truly unimpressive full height, back arching in a slow stretch and then returning to normal as I daintily padded out into the camp clearing. Galehowl's call to the clan had me turning my head towards the tom, normally I would answer his call and go to him to see if I would be assigned to a patrol of any kind, but I didn't have time for that this morning. Other cats gathered around him, this was satisfying to see.
There should be enough cats for him to choose from, I should leave while the cats are distracted by him. Considering my small stature it was hardly surprising that I didn't draw much attention to myself on a regular basis. I tended to just blend in and get lost among the other cats unless I stood towards the front of a group, but right now I was at the back where I casually made my way to the entrance of the camp.

Keeping my siblings waiting was hardly something I wanted to do, especially if it was so important that it required all of us at the same time. As soon as I was clear of the camp my legs extended to pick up my pace into a flat out sprint towards our meeting place. The fur on my belly brushed softly against the snow as I pelted towards the clearing. My limbs protested a little at the brisk pace I was keeping up, strength and stamina weren't particularly my best qualities. I was built for bursts of speed, and I was pretty good and fitting into small spaces, so keeping up this pace for long was rather difficult. Still, I ignored the subtle ache that was beginning to form in my legs as the terrain passed by around me in a bit of a blur with my vision focused ahead of me. Weaving my way around obstacles I neared the clearing, slowing to a gentle trotting motion as I scented the air to see how many of my other siblings were here already. The cold of the snow hardly bothered me with the natural warmth that constantly encircled me, it was an advantage during the cold days and nights that some of the other cats, well most of the other cats had to suffer through. I wished I could share my warmth, but I didn't want to give my powers away to anybody that wasn't one of my siblings. Not only was I unsure of how the other members of the clan would react, but I wasn't sure if it would risk their overall safety. It tore me apart to keep secrets, but what else could I do? It wasn't just about me, if I told my secret then it might risk my siblings getting caught as well and I would never want to tell their secrets, I would never want to do anything to betray them.

When I stepped into the clearing my eyes scanned over towards Witherthorn, eyeing the younger tom with curiosity and caution. I couldn't help but to be nervous about what he had to tell us. Carefully I approached him, my voice soft and calm as I spoke. I couldn't remember a time where I ever raised my voice at someone, no matter the situation I just couldn't bring myself to be rude. I was nothing but a softy and I didn't do anything to try and hide it.
"Witherthorn...Sorry to keep you waiting. No more words were spoken, only a soft crunchy murmur from the snow beneath me as I sat, my tail curling delicately around my paws. The tip slowly twitched as my front paws subtly shuffled beneath me. It was a silent movement that was only meant to try and briefly distract me from my worries that were starting to pop into my head one by one. They cycled through my thoughts in a slow succession as I gave each of them careful thought and processing. Something felt off, something was wrong. This meeting wouldn't be so important if Witherthorn wanted to talk about rainbows and daydreams, which would be completely unlike him so I supposed in its own way that would be a troublesome situation, but I strongly doubted that it was an issue I would ever have to deal with. This was serious though, I could feel it in the way tension hung in the air, but it seemed that the tension was partially caused by excitement coming from Witherthorn. Though he could be feeling that way for any number of reasons, it didn't mean he had god news for us, so I waited, watching him expectantly with wide eyes.

《 While I'm looking to see the light that has lighted the world. 》

D E W P A W
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Dewpaw || 7 Moons || Apprentice to Quicksnake || Clan Camp || Tags: Magpiepaw, Rookpaw

《 You'll never be alone, even when your world explodes. 'Cause after all the smoke clears, 》

It was always hard for me to fall asleep at night, and then it was even harder to force myself awake in the morning. I couldn't say whether or not I ever dreamed, I never remembered anything. In a way that could be a good thing, I didn't remember any nightmares either so perhaps I managed to escape from both. That was alright with me, the quiet darkness that consumed me within my sleep was comforting when I was finally able to cave into it for awhile, though I had to admit it was a bit intimidating whenever I first laid my eyes upon its vast expanse. There was no end to it until my eyes opened, but I was ready to open them yet. Vaguely I felt a gentle weight on my back, but I didn't need to be fully awake to know what the presence was. My sister and I were close, we had always been close, and I knew it was here resting her head on me. An action that I was not surprised by, though the first time she did it when we were younger had given me a bit of a fright. I remembered startling awake with my heart ready to pound out of my chest until I looked at her, the sound of her purring instantly calming me. Well...I was a bit jumpy sometimes, and if I wasn't expecting someone to touch me I had a habit of overreacting, though I never snapped at them I just tended to jump or tense up. Sometimes I even found myself flinching away from whoever was touching me, never my sister, but any other cat. It wasn't that I didn't like being touched, it was just that if I was fully present in the moment then I was easily spooked. I just hoped that I wouldn't end up hurting someone's feelings someday. Magpiepaw stirred beside me, I could feel her movement and I knew what was coming so I did my best to enjoy my fleeting moments of sleep before she decided it was time to disturb me.

Peeling one eye open to look at her I flopped onto my side to free one of my paws from underneath me, lifting it to gently paw at her nose
(he doin a boop) as if that was going to get her to go away and let me sleep. She was clearly eager to start the day, and I really couldn't blame her as I too enjoyed my training. It was a good distraction in my opinion, otherwise my thoughts tended to drift to our mother when I didn't want to think about her. Ignoring the twinge of sadness that made my heart clench I got to my feet and pouted at my sister in mock disappointment. "My sleep is more important than your stomach." My voice broke into a soft laughter at the end of my sentence, unable to maintain the melancholy act as I headbutted her shoulder gently. Briefly peering out of the den I quickly assessed what the rest of the clan was up to, they seemed to be around Galehowl, I must have missed his call while I was still within my state of stupor. Come to think of it my sister did mention seeing about going out on patrol with the other cats, though I supposed it would depend on what our mentors wanted to have us do. At the moment I couldn't see my own mentor as I decided that finding something quick to eat was probably a better idea. It seemed that Rookpaw was debating grabbing something to eat as when I looked at him he was just staring at the kill pile. A debate carried on my mind for a moment before I gestured towards him and then looked at Magpiepaw. "Let's go fill up our bellies, maybe Rookpaw will want to eat with us." I wasn't very good at conversation in a general sense, but Rookpaw was a little easier for me to talk to than some of the other cats.

Before I could change my mind I padded out of the den, momentarily looking back to see if my sister was following. She was the more outgoing of the two of us, so I was kind of counting on her to come with in hopes that she would be able to keep a conversation running. I wasn't very talkative around anybody that wasn't her, and Rookpaw seemed to be a little bit closed off from the world as well. I didn't blame him, though I never made fun of him I knew that he had been teased for his legs, being teased made it hard to want to make friends. I guess I had a sort of soft spot when it came to him, but I was no good at expressing that I really did see him as a friend and wanted him to know that he could find comfort in me. Would I ever be good at such things? Emotions weren't something I was great at unless I was really comfortable around somebody, but I could at least try. With a deep breath I stopped in front of the kill pile, but my gaze was on Rookpaw and I offered him a slightly awkward smile, it was better than nothing, or so I hoped.
"W-would you...Uh...Be i-i-interested in eating with Magpiepaw and I while we-eee wait for the warriors to decide on the p-patrols?" I tried my hardest to sound normal, but my stutter managed to slip through here and there. It was better than it used to be and for that I was grateful, it was a start and a small part of me felt triumphant because of this little victory. It helped me hold my head a little higher as I tilted my head towards the kill pile pointedly, my rather large eyes settled on Rookpaw to see his response. One ear remained facing his direction, but the other swiveled to listen for my sister, hoping that she followed me otherwise I wasn't sure I would last very long. I really needed to get better at being on my own, but I really relied on her. I just felt safer with her than I did when I was alone, she was always there for me, it was only natural for her to be my comfort zone.

Even with that being true for me I knew I needed to learn to be on my own. It was okay for me to be close to her, she would always be my sister and she would always be the one I trusted most, but I couldn't cling to her presence for the rest of my life. I knew it, even though I didn't want to admit it. Maybe I could take small steps towards being able to be confident by myself, if I tried to just throw myself into it I would likely fail and that would just make everything worse. It was frustrating, I wished that I could be different, but change didn't happen overnight and it wasn't fair to myself to expect the change to happen quickly so I calmed myself with a silent deep breath and chased the negativity away as much as possible so I could just focus on the small positive victories that I earned for myself. That would be the best way to move forward so that would be the strategy that I took.

《 I will be right here. I will be right here, when the smoke clears. 》
L.I.N.G.E.R

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☁︎ ➤ one.

Postby we leaving » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:54 am

JAGGEDLEAP
    male.claws of shadows.35m. tags. witherthorn, pebblefoot, hailwhisper, goldenpond, & ashenbreeze.word count. 344.

xxxxjaggedkit couldn’t believe it. it couldn’t be true.
    xxxxthe conversation he had just overheard between the two warriors, archpelt and leopardheart, had him wholly defeated. a sad look on his face, he slowly backed away before heaving a deep sigh; his own father—addereye—cheated on birdfeather with another she-cat. does he not care about his own family that he started? the young tom-kit had wandered his way back into the nursery, brushing past birdfeather and settling himself in a corner; small body curled into a ball and head laying on his paws. multiple thoughts raced in his petite mind, most of them revolving around his father. what seemed like heartbeats later, jaggedkit knew better than to waste his time on this situation, let alone his father. he’s nothing but a foul and distrustful warrior.

xxxx. . .witherthorn wants us to meet at the usual spot. he's probably already left,” the voice of hailwhisper filled jaggedleap’s ears. in a leisurely way, jaggedleap slowly elevated his resting head from the comfort of his moss bed, blinking away the drowsiness that still remained in his viridescent eyes. a yawn lolled off his tongue as he stood up, padding out of the warrior's den behind hailwhipser and his other siblings. the daylight immediately struck down on his brown and white pelt, causing a snug feeling to wash over him like a wave. the tom moved past the awakening cats and trekked out of the camp.
    xxxxby the time he was out in the open, the feeling of the frozen snow wrapped around his paws, causing him to hiss in reaction. jaggedleap had then suddenly sent a thick shadow tendril hurtling into the snow, wiping out a clean and tidy path for him to move through easily. satisfaction glinted in his eyes as he trailed through the clean path, making sure to cover the path up with the same tendril he had summoned. arriving at the clearing, jaggedleap shot a glance at all of his siblings.
    xxxxnow, witherthorn. what did you need?” he questioned as he slowed his pace down.

STAGSTRIKE
    male.warrior.39m. tags. galehowl.word count. 124.

xxxxas the sun had climbed its way up into the sky, stagstrike shifted in his sleep for a few moments before awakening. it was another cold day and he was honestly not surprised; it may be a few days before it actually gets warmer. he stood up and shook his pelt, stretching his legs and body so he could relieve the tensity that lingered around in his muscles.
    xxxxsummmitclan warriors, to me! i will be assigning patrols this morning,” galehowl had suddenly yowled as stagstrike emerged out into the open, the beams of sunlight washing him in such lavish warmth. he strolled over to the small crowd that was being created around the deputy, listening in on which patrol he was going to join.

BLIZZARDPAW
    female.apprentice10m. tags. magpiepaw, dewpaw & rookpaw.word count. 149

xxxxthe apprentice shifted around in her snooze and occassionally let out small huffs of breath. after a few shuffles, she revealed her heterochromatic orbs—icy blue and fiery orange—before fully awakening. she dragged a longing gaze around the den; magpiepaw was waking up her brother, dewpaw, and rookpaw was already out of the den. making sure her pelt was clean and laid down properly, blizzardpaw hopped to her paws and trotted out of the den, noticing that the warriors were gathering around galehowl so they could be assigned to patrols.
    xxxxpassing by the group of warriors and galehowl, she padded over to the fresh-kill pile but her direction quickly changed towards magpiepaw, dewpaw, and rookpaw. “good morning,” she meowed as she got closer to the three apprentice. “may i join in on eating with you three?” she flashed a small smile at them in hopes they would accept the offer.
we leaving

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☁︎ ➤ pebblefoot ;; [1]

Postby xayah » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:42 pm

PEBBLEFOOT voice of water
      ───────────────────────────────────────────
        tags; her siblings // apprentice; none // currently; waking up // feeling; tired, confused, a little uneasy
      furious. that was the only way to describe the massive waves that swirled around her. pebblefoot kicked her paws with as much strength as she could muster, though it didn't seem to be getting her anywhere. she was surrounded by water in all directions. a deep, black, raging ocean consumed her. and even though she knew this was nothing more than a dream, the thought of drowning still terrified her, still pressed at the back of her mind, insisting she keep going but for reasons unknown. with each thrust of her legs into the endless depths below her, pebblefoot found herself growing weaker. this was nothing more than a dream, she knew, but like every other dream she'd had before this she was utterly powerless to reach it's end. never was she able to find herself approaching a shore despite her tireless efforts. what was the point? she couldn't help but wonder. compared to the vast waters that stretched far beyond her line of sight, pebblefoot was nothing more than a sopping wet speck no bigger than a grain of sand. just as her legs began to give out, each thrust growing smaller, slower, and with less purpose, she spotted another wave headed straight towards her. this one had to be at least ten tail-lengths high. she didn't bother attempting to swim to safety, couldn't even gather the strength or will to try. instead she took one last deep breath, held it in, and closed her eyes, preparing for the inevitable crash of water over her head. but nothing came...

bright blue eyes burst open as pebblefoot took a gasping breath. she barely had time to register herself in the waking world as a paw poked her side. she lifted her head lazily, eyes slowly adjusting to the dim lighting of the warriors den, and found her brother hailwhisper looming above her. pebblefoot's ears twitched at his words and she gave him a slow blink in acknowledgement. the tom didn't waste another second on her before turning to whisper the same to jaggedleap and goldenpond who slept nearby. she waited a few more heartbeats before deeming it time to get up. she rose calmly to her paws, taking a moment to stretch and gather her bearings. it never ceased to annoy the she-cat how wobbly and unstable she felt after waking from one of her reoccurring dreams in the water. one would think it'd be pure muscle memory and instinct by now and yet some days she found herself unable to walk, as if she were yet again a newborn kit. but nevertheless pebblefoot stretched each of her limbs out before slinking out of the den and into the camp. she barely caught sight of hailwhisper's retreating form and decided to follow, ignoring the quiet protest of her stomach demanding a quick morning meal.

a short walk through the territory brought pebblefoot to the clearing her and her siblings made their own. she nodded her head in greeting to each of them, not particularly in the mood for early morning chatter, as if she ever was. she sat herself closer to the edge of the clearing, preferring the little bit of seclusion it offered. as every cat settled down and exchanged equally confused stares she began grooming pieces of moss and leaves from her pelt. while she may have appeared calm and collected, pebblefoot had no way of taming the skittering of her heart at the fuming look on witherthorns face.
xayah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☁︎ ➤ ii.

Postby deftonesly » Thu May 02, 2019 11:59 am

MAGPIEPAW
age. 7 moons . rank. apprentice . where. den ; fresh-kill pile . tags. dewpaw ; apprentices . words. 700
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    lol
    magpiepaw giggled as her brother lifted a paw and gently tapped her nose with it, as he often did. the gray tom struggled to his feet, putting on a look of mock disappointment, although the black-and-white molly knew it was only for show. dewpaw enjoyed his training every bit as much as she did. "my sleep is more important than your stomach," he said, but the laugh that quickly followed it showed that his gig was up. he headbutted her shoulder; magpiepaw purred and went to attack one of his ears, childishly gnawing on it as her brother looked on. he assessed the situation outside──galehowl surrounded by the warriors, loonstar locked in conversation with dovefrost, the six siblings in a tight knot at the edge of the clearing──and decided what they should do.
    indentmagpiepaw was happy to follow in his footsteps; that was just how she was. since she paid some of her clanmates tremendous respect, she believed most of what they said and tended to mindlessly follow commands if she admired the commander. the black-and-white's opinions on matters could switch in an instant in order to match the opinions of someone else, making her inconsistent. this included her far more mature brother. he gestured towards rookpaw, who had just left the den and was now looking over the fresh-kill pile hungrily, deciding what to eat. "let's go fill up our bellies. maybe rookpaw will want to join us." dewpaw shook out his gray fur, exited, and padded across the clearing. he glanced back to make sure magpiepaw was following, but of course, the little molly was right behind him. magpiepaw stopped at her brother's side as he addressed rookpaw, offering him an awkward smile and then stumbling over his words, "w-would you . . . uh . . . be i-i-interested in eating with magpiepaw paw and i while we-eee wait for the warriors to decide on the p-patrols?"

indentas he spoke, magpiepaw brushed her fur against his and watched him with big, comforting green eyes. she knew how hard it was for dewpaw to make conversation, and how much insecurity his stuttering brought him. he was her best friend; she knew everything about him, and he her, and what she didn't know her nosy self would always find out. they were like two peas in a pod, albeit the fact that magpiepaw was the more outgoing of the two. she tried to help her brother in any way she could; they were both a part of each other's comfort zones, and the deaths of their parents had only brought them closer, instead of pushing them apart. magpiepaw sometimes thought that she couldn't bear to live without dewpaw . . . but she didn't want to think about that.
    indenthelping to move the flow of the interaction along, she nuzzled her brother's shoulder briefly and then stepped forward. as usual, she didn't even wait for rookpaw's reply, beginning to dig through the prey. she caught sight of a big, juicy-looking rabbit that was still warm and pulled it aside for her and her brother, taking a seat close to their fellow apprentice. the black-and-white she-cat patted the space beside her and nudged the rabbit towards dewpaw so he could take the first bite. "morning, rookpaw!" she mewed heartily. "how was your night? excited for training today? i know i am!" she could no longer suppress the screeches of her belly and snagged a bite of the tasty rabbit's hide from her brother with a cheeky grin. just then she noticed cricketpaw and blizzardpaw heading their way. she quickly swallowed as blizzardpaw reached them first and mewed, flashing them a small smile, "good morning. may i join in on eating with you three?" magpiepaw nodded, although a small part of her winced for dewpaw's sake. normally all the apprentices didn't interact with one another at once. would he be able to handle it? regardless, magpiepaw wasn't about to be rude, so she flicked her tail happily and invited blizzardpaw and cricketpaw both over to share in the spoils. her green eyes sparkled and she shifted to make room. "good morning, you two! of course you're welcome to eat with us."

GALEHOWL
age. 38 moons . rank. deputy . where. camp . tags. clanmates ; ashenbreeze, stagstrike . words. 547
    lol
    at the deputy's call, his clanmates began to slip from their dens and the receding shadows of camp. he nodded in greeting to every cat that approached. almost everyone was here, but he noticed with irritation that quicksnake was nowhere to be found . . . and that six fully capable warriors──the infamous siblings──were locked in conversation instead of heeding their deputy's orders. his dark fur bristled slightly and he let out a huff. loonstar was still speaking to dovefrost, and he saw beepaw skip over to his other mentor, thicketwind, as they headed out of camp.
    indentashenbreeze, a handsome dark gray tabby tom, was the first to break the ice, stepping forward to chat amiably with galehowl. the deputy stiffened; being so reclusive, he had to admit that cats as talkative and perky as the younger warrior made his pelt itch. he of course didn't mind the tom──ashenbreeze had shown him nothing but kindness──and he even considered them to be friends, but galehowl was antisocial by nature, and conversations to fill the void of silence were seen as unnecessary to him. "you were out earlier, weren't you?" ashenbreeze asked admiringly, to which galehowl responded with a gruff mew──"that's correct." the dark tabby purred, smiling at him, "don't overwork yourself. even if there are two deputies, you're an asset we can't afford without."

indentthe charcoal tom eyed the warrior through narrow yellow eyes for a moment──a bit unsettled at the sudden compliment──then dipped his head in thanks. before ashenbreeze could continue to jabber like a bluejay, lightdream padded up, pale ginger-and-white fur freshly groomed and a purr in her throat. "good morning," she said gleefully to the other warriors, who returned her greeting with mews of their own. stagstrike slipped from the warriors' den and bounded over, followed by frecklefrost and, across the clearing, all the apprentices, who swarmed over the fresh-kill pile like greedy crows. he glimpsed cricketpaw's dark tabby pelt as she bounded across the clearing to join them. she meowed, extremely chipper, even so early in the morning, "hey, galehowl!" he recalled that he'd promised to train her this afternoon; they hadn't touched up on fighting moves for a bit, so when he came back from the dawn patrol he'd fetch her.
    indentgalehowl nodded to the apprentice and then to the arriving warriors and got to his paws stiffly, his damaged back legs presenting him with trouble after he'd been sitting so long. he groaned, stretching for a moment before meowing, "i'll be leading the dawn patrol with ashenbreeze and stagstrike." he nodded to the toms, who padded up to his side. "lightdream, i want you to take out a hunting party with your apprentice, magpiepaw, and frecklefrost, blizzardpaw, and dewpaw. let's give the younger cats a chance to show their hunting skills." he gathered his patrol to him with a sweep of his plumy charcoal tail, meowing under his breath, "perhaps when quicksnake finally arrives more patrols will be arranged . . ." without further conversation to the males tagging along behind him, the grizzled deputy set off for the camp entrance and emerged into weak, buttery sunshine. he stalked proudly into the trees, heading for the farthest border of the mountainous territory, where they would lay scent markers and scout for danger.

THICKETWIND
age. 46 moons . rank. medicine cat . where. camp ; forest . tags. beepaw . words. 550
    lol
    the bright ginger tabby jumped at the sound of thicketwind's voice, daydreaming cut short. his expression melted into one of eagerness and he charged over to the fresh-kill pile. "of course thicketwind!" the dark brown, white-splotched medicine cat watched him sort through the prey before picking a particularly fat vole. with his meal in his mouth, beepaw scampered over to thicketwind. the little tom sat down to eat while thicketwind got to his feet and began to wash his paws and whiskers. as he waited for the young tom to finish, he thought back on when he'd first been made an apprentice.
    indentthicketwind remembered attempting to be a warrior, and how he had never been cut out for it. all the other kits in the nursery had been practicing hunting and fighting, while he had watched from the sidelines and was far more concerned with what the former medicine cat, morninglark, was doing. with a small grimace he recalled his awful mentor at the time, rushpounce, and how much the grizzled tom had pushed him. he'd antagonized thicketwind for the length of his apprenticeship, and when he was coerced into climbing a tree for a squirrel, he'd fallen and dislocated his shoulder. this had put thicketwind in the medicine cat den with morninglark──an old sweetheart with a heart of gold──for a while, and during his time with her, he began to realize how much he wanted to be a medicine cat. rushpounce had been furious, his pride wounded . . . but thicketwind hadn't cared, so happy to escape his cruel mentor.
    indentthinking back on the dark tabby, thicketwind felt nothing; his younger seasons had passed and the grudge had dissipated into fine wisps of bitterness. he had finally found his place in the clan, and nothing would be taking him from it, including his own spite. thicketwind's memory was impeccable, his knowledge on herbs and remedies like no other; he was amazing at what he did. now he understood morninglark's perspective as he looked down at beepaw. i will pass on all that i know to him and quiverpaw. they remind me of myself . . . and i'll do everything in my power to make them the best medicine cats they can be.

indentwhen beepaw was finished, thicketwind purred and nudged him playfully. "come along now, then. it's best that we head out now, that way we'll be back in time to meet with dovefrost and quiverpaw for training." and so i can figure out what's going on with her and loonstar, he added silently. with that the pair were off. the maine coon caught dovefrost's eye as she continued to speak with loonstar about the prophecy, and he nodded to her, curiosity making his pelt itch. nearby, the six siblings crouched, also in a discussion, which thicketwind thought was peculiar──hailwhisper, witherthorn, pebblefoot, jaggedleap, goldenpond, and ashenbreeze. he pushed his thoughts to the side and focused on his time with his apprentice as they slid through the entrance tunnel, which then opened up to the mountainous land. the large, thickly-furred tom kept pace with beepaw, meowing, "i checked our storage and we could really do with some feverfew, chamomile, and raspberry leaves. keep your eyes open for anything else that could be of value too, like catmint."
deftonesly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☁︎ ➤ loon, wither, freckle, rook ;; 002

Postby chaotic creativity » Fri May 03, 2019 1:10 pm

( loonstar )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
( molly ;; sixty-seven moons ;; leader ;; inside camp ;; tagged - dovefrost )
    loonstar stiffened as more and more questions rattled off dovefrost's unusually nice tongue. she dove deep into her thoughts, digging and digging as she searched for any ideas of her own. dovefrost's comment about powers struck her and she thought more about it. "i-i-i i don't know, dovefrost. i honestly don't know. i've never been good at interpreting what starclan says. they're so vague and mysterious. why can't they just be straightforward for once!" she hissed, her volume rising slightly as she grew more heated on the topic. jaggedstar had always been so open with her, she'd even begun to think he would choose her as his mate until his final day. her fur bristled slightly as she heard galehowl revealing the day's patrols. thankful not to hear her own name, she turned back to dovefrost. "you cannot tell anybody. maybe thicketwind, but not beepaw. he's much too young. maybe your theory about the powers might be true. or maybe it is personalities. but the real question is what is this unforeseen threat? will there be a battle? death? we can't deal with that easily. we're such a small clan," she murmured, closing her eyes to think. had she been a human, her hands would've been in her hair and she probably would've ripped out several clumps by now.

'starclan, if you can tell us anything, please do it. i need your help!' she sent up a silent prayer. as leader, she needed to protect her clan. how was she supposed to do that if she couldn't even figure out the meaning of a prophecy?! it hadn't happened in jaggedstar's life, so maybe it might not even happen in hers! a slight smile brushed across her face as she thought of this, but then she realized that it was probably going to happen. and happen soon. she shuddered and looked back up to dovefrost, expecting the medicine cat to know what to do. all loonstar wanted now was some cat to turn to who would be with her and press against her and tell her everything would be okay. loonstar let out a soft groan, unsure with how to proceed.

( witherthorn )
( tom ;; thirty-five moons ;; warrior ;; inside camp ;; tagged - hailwhisper, pebblefoot, jaggedleap, ashenbreeze, & goldenpond )
    witherthorn watched as his siblings arrived, one by one. when hailwhisper appeared, he stepped forward and pressed his nose to his littermate's ear in a sign of thanks. "thank you for gathering everyone so quickly, hailwhisper." with that comment, he turned to face all five of his siblings. born through multiple litters, they were a bit of a ragtag group. he opened his maw and relayed the prophecy and waited for their reactions. he decided to continue, though. "it's got to be us! fire, that's me! ice, that's you hailwhisper. water, obviously it's pebblefoot. and shadows is jaggedleap, naturally. can't forget wind for ashenbreeze and light for goldenpond!" he explained, so excited that his fur began to smolder. realizing this, he shook his whole body until the smoke dissipated. he let his excitement show through his face as he felt the fur on his body cool before expecting one of his siblings to show a similar reaction.

( frecklefrost )
( molly ;; twenty-one moons ;; warrior ;; inside camp ;; tagged - lightdream, magpiepaw, blizzardpaw, & dewpaw )
    frecklefrost lifted her head when she heard her name get called. she realized that galehowl was organizing patrols, so she trotted over and found the other cats who would be on patrol with her. lightdream with magpiepaw and frecklefrost's own apprentice blizzardpaw. but there was also dewpaw. frecklefrost turned to the young tom and smiled. "where's your mentor, quicksnake? why won't she be joining us?" she asked while she waited for the group to head out and hunt.

( rookpaw )
( tom ;; eleven moons ;; warrior apprentice ;; inside camp ;; tagged - dewpaw, magpiepaw )
    rookpaw grinned as dewpaw offered to let him eat with him and magpiepaw. he gratefully sat down and took a small bite. he cheekily looked up at the tom and grinned. "i'm getting close to becoming a full warrior. i really can't wait. how about you, dewpaw?" he asked, looking down awkwardly at his tiny legs. being a munchkin cat always held rookpaw back, even though his parents aren't quite sure why he was born this way. he then shook his head while waiting for a response.
Last edited by chaotic creativity on Sun May 12, 2019 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chaotic creativity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

2☁︎ ➤ summitclan ;; dovefrost

Postby friskie » Tue May 07, 2019 3:34 am

── 𝔻 𝕆 𝕍 𝔼 𝔽 ℝ 𝕆 𝕊 𝕋

medicine cat / / molly / / 29 moons / / location: camp // tags: loonstar // x

────────────────────────────────────────

xxxxxxxxDOVEFROST DELICATELY PAWED AT THE GROUND as she heard her stressed leader out; dovefrost flicked her tail and let her ears swivel irritatingly, but neither helped her understand the prophecy any more. her mind was still a surging perplexity, however, and it showed in the way her eyes manifested a glazed-over, barely identifiable expression of deliberation. however, she quickly come back to her senses, and settled back into a comfortable sit while making sure to stop fiddling, as well. while glancing around restlessly for any nearby cats, she managed to catch thicketwinds gaze- and from then on, she knew she had some explaining to do. focusing her eyes back on loonstar, she narrowed her almost glowing eyes.

dovefrost felt sorry for loonstar, she really did; loonstar was so worried about her clan, and it was so, so incredibly selfless of her. despite that, and dovefrost was not going to lie, she was still slightly jealous over her leaders kind personality; dovefrost is the opposite of loonstar, and thats the whole reason she was dubbed the unpopular medicine cat- for her usually unkind, awkward personality.
    quickly pushing those thoughts out of her head, dovefrost knew it was not the time to bring in envy into this conversation. instead, she chose to comfort loonstar as best as she could, even if her definition of 'comfort' was slightly different than the usual widely-used meaning.

stiffly leaning closer to loonstar, dovefrost quickly glanced back at the sun, bathing in its warmth & relaxing before giving loonstar a quick lick on the ear in comfort, as well as nimbly brushing the leaders side with her bushy, warm tail; those actions didn't even last a whole two seconds before dovefrost jumped away, fur ruffling in her own alarm. this was the first time she got close to a cat in a while, so her social meter was filled up very quickly. dovefrost owlishly peeked around, seeing if anybody saw her timid, awkward gesture. most of the clan cats didn't see her do anything like this, ever, so she had to keep her reputation up.

"loon...loonstar, uhm... I believe we will..." She stuttered, but upon realising it, she shut up and calmed down. Her face became completely neutral while she thought through on how to comfort loonstar, but finally decided on a quick, snarky "it's bad luck that we don't know what our own threat is... we can't even prepare! but... the six cats, they should help us, shouldn't they?"

her thoughtful personality was now gone- she had to stay on guard, incase any cat took advantage of her kindness ever again.
friskie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ☁︎ ➤ summitclan ;; o & a

Postby legend speaker » Tue May 07, 2019 12:54 pm

ASHENBREEZE
(35 moons) ━ (warrior) ━ (tom) ━ (galehowl, his siblings) ━ (outside of camp)

xxxxxAshenbreeze froze at the sudden brush of wind against his ear, the familiar voice of his littermate filling his senses temporarily as he focused on the whisper, before flicking his ear irritably as Hailwhisper pad away, presumably to their usual spot. Now, of all times? he hissed to himself, slumping slightly as he heard his name called for patrol.
    xxxxxHe should have expected it, considering he approached the handsome charcoal tom first thing, and if nothing else was honored he was on the morning border patrol though with Hailwhisper's announcement still in mind, he couldn't help but feel torn between clan duties and his siblings.
    xxxxxFollowing the fluffy tom, Ashenbreeze made his way out of camp right behind the deputy, ears alert for sounds - most notably that of his siblings, hoping he could hear them from so far away, with no more luck than a mole trying to see in the sun. His tail lashed and he scowled at the ground, dragging his paws as he attempted to think of a plan to spare him a moment or two to check on Witherthorn and his other kin.
    xxxxxPlease, Starclan, the tom begged his ancestors, looking up at the dawning day, before it came upon him like a tidal wave.
    xxxxx"Galehowl, I'm... I-I need to make dirt," Ashenbreeze mustered an embarrassed tone, flicking his tail across the earth and starting off. "I'll catch up, don't wait for me!" With his excuse, he padded off quickly, before breaking into a sprint, the wind carrying his paws to the secret meeting and bursting in with the breeze at his heels.
    xxxxx"Witherthorn, do you absolutely refuse to choose better times to call these meetings?" Ashenbreeze hissed, fur fluffed up and eyes filled with indignation before he sat down, having only picked up the tail end of the conversation. He said nothing, clearly having missed out on a key detail somewhere in the conversation, still bristling. However, picking up on the intensity of his brother's warmth, it had to be something important. Otherwise there wouldn't be a point calling us all here so early in the morning, he frowned, curling his tail around his paws, hoping desperately that his excuse could buy him a few minutes to catch up. There was no issue in rushing back to the patrol, just so long as he didn't seem suspicious or missing his duties on purpose.
legend speaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❷ ━ ‘✦) beepaw

Postby . blank » Sat May 11, 2019 3:19 pm

xx b e e p a w
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    gender. tom x age. 8 moons x rank. med. cat app. x location. camp / the forest x tags. ticketwind

xxxthe young, ginger tom bit down eagerly into his plump vole. ticketwind's call promised a day of excitement, and beepaw couldn't wait. everyday was different as a medicine cat apprentice. something was always a bit different, whether it be the herbs they collected, or the cats that needed healing. that was something that was excited beepaw. warriors and their apprentices had almost the same schedule everyday. they were expected to hunt and fight, but nothing unusual happened most of the time. he often wondered how they did it; with their boring schedule and all. beepaw appreciated his mixed schedule. some days he found himself being more lazy whilst on other days, he was running non-stop.

xxxas beepaw finished his meal, he glanced quickly at ticketwind. it seemed the older tom had been mystified by his own thoughts. beepaw felt interrupting him would be rude, so he chose to stay silent. the young tom took this moment to look around camp. almost every cat was finally up and around. it was nice to see so many cats in camp. beepaw was extremely observant, but it assisted him as a medicine cat. he was able to quickly see what was happening with a cat. the only thing that held him back was ignorance. the ginger tom was still quite new to the whole medicine cat role, so if the was illness inside the cat, he looked to ticketwind or dovefrost. although the later was more bossy, beepaw stilled liked her. both cats taught him well.

xxxas ticketwind nudged him, beepaw scrambled to his feet. once the two padded toward the entrance tunnel, the younger tom followed ticketwind's gaze. he had gotten distracted suddenly. but beepaw wasn't surprised when his gaze landed on the group of cats. he was deeply curious, especially once he noticed loonstar was gathered with them, but beepaw kept his mouth shut. he supposed it was none of his business if no one was talking to him about it. the young tom stumbled a bit as the two made it to the tunnel, but quickly regained his composure. he hoped ticketwind wouldn't notice that he was distracted. but the young tom's worries faded as his mentor spoke, "i checked our storage and we could really do with some feverfew, chamomile, and raspberry leaves. keep your eyes open for anything else that could be of value too, like catmint."

xxx"okay ticketwind, i will keep an eye out!" the tom meowed eagerly, "is there a certain area where you want to search?"
xxxImage
    ▬x▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    anna
    female
    characters
    ◕‿◕
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬x▬
. blank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery