《 o n | o u r | o w n 》open and accepting

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

《 o n | o u r | o w n 》open and accepting

Postby Epiclilkitty » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:54 pm

Image┌──────────────────────────────────────────┐
the plot
There was a time when dogs were considered to be man's best friend. For millennia,
dog and man have worked and lived side by side. They protected each other, stood
by each other, they offered one another comfort and warmth. But danger has a funny
way of poisoning the human mind and makes them do unfathomable things, like abandon
their four-legged companions. When a series of natural disasters strikes the Florida coast,
the humans clear out and their dogs are left to fend for themselves. Luckily, dogs were
bred to survive and live on, and so eventually two packs form from the remnants of the
broken city. The Strays have the advantage. Most of them were born on the streets and know
how to fend for themselves. They know where to find food, shelter. The Housepets aren't to
be outdone, though. They're stubborn, determined, and surprisingly resilient. Now, these two
groups must figure out how to safely navigate the wasted city they call home and survive all
the perils that arrive in the aftermath of a natural disaster... at least until humans return to
get them out of danger. If humans return to get them out of danger...

└──────────────────────────────────────────┘
Last edited by Epiclilkitty on Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Epiclilkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

《 o n | o u r | o w n 》

Postby Epiclilkitty » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:57 pm

┌────────────────────────────────────────┐
the rules
Rule #1 ALL CHICKEN SMOOTHIE RULES APPLY [obviously]. This includes the image rules.
One Image per character, no exceptions.

Rule #2 Read and Follow my rules. Failure to do so may result in removal from the roleplay
Rule #3 This is a Semi-Literate Roleplay. Minimum of around 300 Words per post, Correct
spelling, grammar, and punctuation is also much appreciated

Rule #4 No God Modding, Powerplay, or Perfect Characters. Characters have flaws, and quirks.
Do not try to control/kill off another character without the owner's permission.

Rule #5 Dogs Only; no wolf/dog or coyote mixes. These are normal dogs, so keep them realistic
in color, size, eye color, skill, strength, etc. Don't go crazy.

Rule #6 Characters should be unique, well-thought out characters. We don't want a bunch of
super cliche dogs in the roleplay. Be creative!

Rule #7 Disable Signatures when Posting on the Application Thread and the Main Thread; I like to
keep things neat and organized.

Rule #8 There will NOT be a Discussion Thread. If interested in joining, you MUST join the Discord.
Discord is easy to use and I like it better than the forums.

Rule #9 Be respectful of your fellow roleplayers. Include everyone, don't fight ooc, and just be a
nice person in general. Drama in character is highly encouraged, though.

Rule #10 Have Fun!

└─────────────────────────────────────────┘
Last edited by Epiclilkitty on Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Epiclilkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

《 o n | o u r | o w n 》

Postby Epiclilkitty » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:28 am

The Dogs
males: 7 | females: 9 | total: 16

┌─────────────────────────────────────────┐
the housepets
Lead Female Dakota | 4 Yrs Old | Female | Australian Shepherd | Wildsight
Lead Male name | age | gender | breed | roleplayer

Second Male Booker | 4 Yrs Old | Male | St Bernard Mix | Avicularia
Second Female name | age | gender | breed | roleplayer

Subordinate Zeus | 5 Yrs Old | Male | GSD/King Shepherd | Feisty Kitten
Subordinate Casey | 1 Yr Old | Female | Beagle Mix | Squiggs
Subordinate Princess | 2 Yrs Old | Female | Agouti Husky | Feisty Kitten
Subordinate Harley | 6 Yrs Old | Male | Blue Heeler | Fruitbat
Subordinate Malakai | 5 Yrs Old | Male | Agouti Husky | Crowteeth
Subordinate Amelia | 3 Yrs Old | Female | Saluki | Wildsight

*Subordinates are Unlimited; Always Accepting New Subordinates*

the strays
Alpha Female Fiona | 3 Yrs Old | Female | GSD/Leonberger/Malamute Mix | Feisty Kitten
Alpha Male name | age | gender | breed | roleplayer

Beta Male Leo | 4 Yrs Old | Male | Bully/Lab/GSD Mix | Squiggs
Beta Female name | age | gender | breed | roleplayer

Subordinate Finnegan | 3 Months | Male | Labrador | Shadow~Wolf
Subordinate Milo | 3 Months | Male | GSD/Leonberger/Malamute Mix | Feisty Kitten
Subordinate Calais | 5 Yrs Old | Female | Rottweiler Mix | Avicularia
Subordinate Basil | 4 Yrs Old | Male | Springer Spaniel | Wildsight
Subordinate Chika | 3 Yrs Old | Female | Shiba Inu | Fruitbat
Subordinate Sheila | 5 Yrs Old | Female | GSD | Shilo the Quaker
Subordinate Lacey | _ Yrs Old | Female | Finnish Lapphund | Crowteeth

*Subordinates are Unlimited; Always Accepting New Subordinates*

Relationships and Family Ties
Fiona is the biological mother of Milo
Fiona is the adopted mother of Finnegan

Last edited by Epiclilkitty on Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:36 am, edited 9 times in total.
Epiclilkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

《 o n | o u r | o w n 》

Postby Epiclilkitty » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:30 am

res important info
Epiclilkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Fiona/Milo [1] Princess [1] Zeus [1]

Postby Epiclilkitty » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:40 pm

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Fiona | 3 Yrs Old | GSD/Leonberger/Malamute | Lead Female | Strays | Tagged; Milo, Open | Location; Leaving Camp
Milo | 3 Mo Old | GSD/Leonberger/Malamute | Subordinate | Strays | Tagged; Fiona, Open | Location; Leaving Camp

Fiona awoke to the soft plop of a raindrop splashing against her nose. Jolting slightly, the brindle female sneeze loudly and finally opened ice blue eyes. The sun shone brightly down upon the city, and after last night's rainstorm, it was a welcome sight. Another droplet dripped down from the fire escape above her head, this one splattering on her forehead and immediately dripping into her eyes. The female grunted in protest and shook her head, before finally sitting up and stretching her forepaws out in front of her in a long, luxurious stretch. Rising fully, she gave her pelt a light shake, scattering water droplets, before pausing to gaze around the alleyway. The strays she had been accumulating over the last few weeks since the world had gone to crap were scattered throughout the alley, most of them sleeping after a fitful night of tossing and turning on the hard pavement. As the leader of their small group, Fiona knew that they needed to find better shelter soon. They had been drenched the night before, the alley offering little protection from the elements. She would search for proper shelter on her patrol today, while also looking for any other dogs that might need refuge. Turning around and leaning down, the brindle she-dog nudged her muzzle gently against her pup's side. The sole survivor of her last litter and the reason she had left the life of a pet behind (if one could even call her that), Milo was stretched flush up against the alley wall and was mostly dry, thanks to her bulk shielding him from the worst of the weather. It was a small sacrifice to make to ensure her son slept comfortably. The fluffy tan pup stirred, large forepaws batting ineffectually against her muzzle as she prodded her nose more insistently into his flank. Finally, chocolate brown eyes popped open to blink groggily up at the she-dog.

"I'm going on patrol, Milo," she murmured softly, well-aware of the other dogs who were still sleeping around them. Alertness flashed in the young male's eyes and rolling over, he surged to his paws with a wag of his tail.

"Can I come?" He barked hopefully, body wiggling at the prospect of getting out of the alley and stretching his legs. Fiona hesitated, knowing this new world was full of perils they weren't entirely aware of, but if she left him, there was a chance he would try to follow her and she didn't want that.

"Okay, but stay close," she agreed softly, glancing around at the others. "Watch your paws; don't tread on anyone's tails and keep quiet. I don't want to wake the whole group," she added with a stern look. The hint of amusement in her gaze softened her words. Milo bobbed his head silently and with a roll of her blue eyes, Fiona began picking her way out of the alley with her son at her heels.

Word Count; 491 Words

Princess | 2 Yrs Old | Agouti Husky | Subordinate| Housepets | Tagged; Open | Location; Camp

Princess awoke when a beam of light shone through the second story window and fell directly over her face, bathing her in its warm golden glow. Sighing contentedly, she flexed her paws and snuggled deeper into the nest of blankets she had made for herself in the corner of the bed. The abandoned human nest was warm and dry, the doggy door on the lower floor providing easy access to the dogs who had made this their home. She wasn't sure what she would have done if they had to sleep outside on the cold hard ground. She had done that once, back when she was training to be a snow dog. The humans had made them sleep outside in the ice and snow, forced to make pockets beneath the snow where their body heat would keep them warm. She had no desire to go back there and do that again. She much preferred beds and blankets, couches and warm patches of sun. Rising to her paws, Princess stretched her forepaws out in a long stretch before hopping off the bed. Her nails clicked loudly on the wood flooring as she crossed the otherwise empty room and nosed her way through the door. The hall was silent too, as was the front foyer. She caught glimpses of dogs in the living area and knew others must be in the other bedrooms upstairs, but no one else seemed awake as she nosed through the large doggie door and moved into the yard to relieve herself.

The flooding had gone down in the last week, the house sitting on higher ground in the city, but her paws still squelched in the mud as she picked her way over broken portions of fencing and piles of human waste that had been carried into the yard with the flood waters. She eventually found a place to comfortably relieve herself, before hurrying inside. She hated mud. She hated getting dirty in general. Tracking mud back into the house, she entered the kitchen and began to nose through the lowest cupboards for anything to eat, eventually discovering a bag of crackers still left untouched. She ravenously tore through the plastic and began crunching on the crackers as she waited for the others to wake up. With hope, one of them would be able to figure out how to hunt because they were running out of human food.

Word Count; 401 Words

Zeus | 5 Yrs Old | GSD/King Shepherd | Subordinate | Housepets | Tagged; Open | Location; Camp

*sleeping in the alley if anyone dares bother him. Too lazy to post for him rn*

Word Count; Words
Epiclilkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Dakota {1} Basil {1} Amelia {1}

Postby wildsight » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:22 am

ᴅ ᴀ ᴋ ᴏ ᴛ ᴀ !!
Female ♦ 4 years old ♦ Lead Female ♦ Housepets ♦ Australian Shepherd ♦ Location: Camp ♦ Mentions: Princess♦ Tags: Open♦ WC: 437
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dakota slowly opened her eyes only to quickly close them due to the bright morning light. She shook her head and blinked rapidly. She couldn't understand why it that always happened. She couldn't understand a lot of things. Like why had their owners left them? Why did their humans abandon them? It just didn't make any sense. They had left them a warm, dry house. And they didn't even come back. Why? She wondered what had made them leave. Maybe that horrible storm? If, it did then why did they leave her here? And their other dogs. Like her pack mates. She wondered if they we're also upset about losing their humans. Probably. But she knew some of them didn't want to talk about that. And she respected that. But of course she still had to think about it. Suddenly she realized that light was slowly getting brighter. She wondered what they would eat today. Their humans must be coming back soon because they had left some food for them. That was a good thing. Her tongue lolled at the thought of eating. She lept to her feet and carefully padded towards the kitchen. She yawned her ears twitching. As she walked towards the kitchen, she decided to head outside first. She loved being outside.

Dakota padded through the doggy door and inhaled deeply. The air smelled fresh. As it should after all that rain. She glanced around the yard. It was covered in mud in places even though it had been weeks since it last rained. She padded into the yard her nose twitching as she took in the scents. She wondered why had no humans come to clean the yard. She often times saw them cleaning the yard with things that made a lot of noise. But none of them had come to clean this one. Was it because the human who had left it wasn't coming back? That didn't sound good. She sighed and padded back towards the house. With a quick glance around the yard once again she padded back through the doggy door.

She stopped as she gazed around the house. Was anyone else up? She didn't think so. She padded into the kitchen not really noticing the dog until she saw the bag of food. She glanced at the dog her ears pricked. Princess. She tilted her head at the female her eyes darting from her to the bag and back. "Morning Princess." she said with a nod. She then padded around the dog looking for her own meal. She hoped there was something good left. Maybe some chips or something.

ʙ ᴀ ꜱ ɪ ʟ !!
Male ♦ 4 years old ♦ Subordinate ♦ Strays ♦ Springer Spaniel ♦ Location: Camp ♦ Mentions: -- ♦ Tags: Open ♦ WC: 343
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Basil yawned as he awoke from slumber. What? Morning already? He glanced around lazily his ears seeming to droop even more. He didn't feel like getting up. He hated waking up like this. He glanced around the camp and noted that most of the dogs we're asleep. He the noticed something else. His paws we're wet. Glancing up he saw that water was dripping from above. He quickly got to his feet and glanced around. His beautiful coat! It was matted and dirty. He growled softly and began to groom his pelt. He licked at it and tugged at it. He hated it when this happened. Even though he had been a stray since puppyhood he hated it when his coat got like this. Why did this life have to be so...so...dirty? He needed to wash his paws. He remembered seeing dogs lick there paws to clean them. Disgusting! He padded over to where there was a clean puddle of water. He got a quick drink from it and began to wash his paws. He hoped the rest of his pack mates would wake up soon. He hated waiting around for no reason. He padded back over to where he woke up and sat down. Only to jump back to his feet. It was wet here! He gazed at his angry reflection in the water for a moment. He then turned away and that was when he noticed that the leader of the pack-Fiona-was leaving. Probably going to scout or hunt. He hated doing both. He padded over to a dry spot and sat there his tail thumping the ground. Why did everyone take so long to wake up? He glanced around his ears pricking. It might be awhile before he could talk to anyone. Suddenly an idea came to him. What if he left camp? He wouldn't have to wait. One look at the wet ground and how much if it there was gave him his answer. He would not be leaving camp anytime soon. He would wait right here.

ᴀ ᴍ ᴇ ʟ ɪ ᴀ !!
Female ♦ 3 years old ♦ Subordinate ♦ Housepets ♦ Saluki ♦ Location: Camp ♦ Mentions: -- ♦ Tags: Open ♦ WC:

Lost it here. She's asleep in camp wip
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
hi, i'm wild <3
――――――――――
th | art fight | ©

wildsight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Sheila [1]

Postby Shilo the Quaker » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:32 pm

Sheila
German Shepherd | Dark, long coat | Female |5 Years | Strays | Subordinate | Mentions: Fiona, Milo | Tags;; Zeus

Sheila pricked her ears as she woke, detecting the faint sounds of paw steps padding quietly down the alley. The dark, woolly-coated German Shepherd female had positioned herself slightly away from the group with her back against the wall, where she could easily see everything and everyone. It made her feel more secure, despite being among a group of individuals she knew she could trust... however she didn't quite have it in her yet. It was hard to be friendly, although she did her best to remain polite for the sake of peace (at least, for the time being). She had nowhere else to go, no other way of staying safe.... Especially not after a handful of incidents that brought out her worst. Sheila shuddered at the memory.

She hardly noticed that her outer layer of fur was damp from the rain, as it did an excellent job at protecting her downy undercoat. Her amber eyes scanned the alley before her briefly, and she stifled a large yawn as she rose with a stretch. Shifting her head slightly, she noticed two vague dry patches up ahead where Milo and Fiona had been sleeping. They must be on patrol... Perhaps I should do similar and go find some food...

Hunting and scavenging were a favourite task of Sheila's. As she picked her way around the others, still resting, she couldn't help but let her tail wag at the thought of chasing down a bird or a mouse. She lived for the thrill of the chase, and of course the climactic ending, which varied depending on the situation and prey of choice.

As the sun rose, droplets of water glimmered in the morning light. The metallic surfaces of trash cans, street signs and dumped cars almost appeared to sparkle. But Sheila wasn't one to notice all of this. She was more focused on staying hidden, concealing herself within the shadows and moving as inconspicuously as she could muster whilst her ears and nose checked for signs of life... or maybe even death. She'd settle for carrion. But it had been many days since she'd had the opportunity to stretch her legs and display her true agility and prowess, even if it had to be wasted on tiny prey animals.

In that moment, her ears twitched and swivelled to the right, and her nose followed suit. With a twitch of her muzzle, she was able to discern the source of the rustling noise coming from a few feet away. Two mice were rummaging in a pile of mouldy food scraps just up the street. Sheila dropped into a crouch, and crept up to the pair of tiny creatures.

As she got closer, the stench of mould assaulted her nostrils. It was absolutely putrid. But the mice were oblivious to her presence, the dog's scent masked by the strong smell.

With a swift snap of her jaws, Sheila launched up the pile of food scraps and rubbish and caught the two rodents in her strong jaws. One was dangling by its tail, the other... wasn't so lucky. She placed them down and trapped the live one under a paw so as to get a better position. And in one quick motion, she put it out of its misery. As she made to find another place to eat her well-deserved catch, her tail knocked one of the trash cans over. The ensuing noise was deafening to her and she pelted further down the narrow street in fright... and tripped over a big furry lump in the process. Uh oh....

She froze, two mice dangling from her jaws, as she looked down and saw a large male German Shepherd had been resting where she tripped. Fun's over now....

The female prepared herself for conflict as she awaited the other dog's response.

Word Count: 640
Shilo the Quaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 《 o n | o u r | o w n 》open and accepting

Postby shadow~wolf » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:20 pm

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
      xxxxx 𝑭 𝑰 𝑵 𝑵 𝑬 𝑮 𝑨 𝑵
      the mighty pup gave a bark, pawing the air over a small animal. he nipped the air excitedly without making contact with his new friend. it wouldn't play with him, it seemed that no one would! finn abruptly paused his bouncing movements and lowered himself so that he was laying at his friend's level. he studied it quietly, forcing his tail to stop thumping the ground. laying his head on his paws, finn raised his brows when the animal retreated into it's swirly shell. the retriever bunched up his nose. ”you don't wanna play? uhh..that's okay...” at first, he figured that the little snail was hiding from him. that idea was ludicris though. finn hadn't done anything to scare the little guy, just trying to be friendly! perhaps after all of that playing, the snail was just tuckered out. the pup came to all four paws and offered a gentle smile. ”have a nice nap, friend!!” finn woofed. the puppy trotted away, wagging his tail to the snail as a final farewell.

upon turning around the corner, his focus landed on a pair of dogs. his attention bounced back and forth from the two, his ears pressed back with uncertainty. one was rather large, and the other was just about his size. another puppy, like him? the labrador's head tilted to one side, his floppy ears following the movement. curiousity sparked him, but he was weary enough to hang back. from the few experiences he had in his young life, stranger dogs weren't as welcoming as the bugs he found to play with. a third dog approached the two before finn could fully decide on his actions. now that there were three, he definitely wouldn't go up to them! finn scrambled hurriedly in a full turn, hiding out of sight from the dogs. his nose twitched and he forced his jaws shut as not to whine. he'd never seen a dog like that before..

Last bumped by shadow~wolf on Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:20 pm.
shadow~wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me