Long Live The Queen | Closed

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Clover [2] Raven [2] Brier Rose [2]

Postby Epiclilkitty » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:43 pm

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Clover | 4 Yrs Old | Wolf/Husky | Queen | Feeling; Anger, Resentment, Self-Doubt
Tagged; Open | Location; Forest, Creek

Clover felt her body relax and her mind clear the deeper into the woods she got, and the farther away from camp she drew. It was from a young age that Clover had learned she might one day be forced to take over the pack. She didn't have anything strictly against taking over the pack; she loved her parents and she respected them enough to want to carry on their legacy. That being said, the she-wolf was always a bit different than her parents and packmates. While her parents had been kind and doting, the fact remained that they were ruthless when it came down to defending their title. King Cliff, her father, had become King when he was only two years old, after defeating the previous King. He was the only reigning King who had ever spared the previous King and would have happily permitted the wolf to live out the rest of his years with the pack as a Guard, but the previous King was disgraced and opted for life as a loner instead. Cliff took his mate, Kestral, not long after his ascension to power. They had grown up together and were hopelessly in love, but the previous King hadn't seen merit in the union and had forbidden them from being mates. Cliff has often admitted to his daughter that it was the only reason he had challenged the previous King; he wanted to be with Kestral. They had Clover about a year later, and Cliff then Cliff had Raven with another she-wolf in the pack. Not an uncommon practice, a King taking multiple mates, but at the end of the day, Kestral was the one Cliff had loved and it was Clover, not Raven, he chose as his heir.

It was well known that Clover didn't share in her packmates ruthlessness. She was kind, compassionate. She was a skilled fighter and hunter, but she wasn't a killer. It wasn't in her nature. It's why she was so petrified to take over the pack. She knew she had a few supporters; mostly among the hunters. They had bonded during her time in the hunting den and during long hunts where she had inevitably taken the lead. Despite everything, Clover was a natural born leader. It was in her blood. But she didn't want to continue on the way things were. She wanted to change the pack and their laws for the better, but she had to prove herself. The only way to do that was to defeat any and all challengers who might step forward on the night of the Blood Moon Ceremony. Her biggest challenge would be Raven. He was bigger than she was, stronger, and he was smart. He wouldn't be easy to outwit but if that failed, she could use her size and speed to her advantage. She didn't have a choice. Most of the wolves who opposed her rule, if not all of them, would not hesitate to deal the killing blow. Raven wouldn't hesitate, and he was her own brother.

Reaching the creek, she paused and stared hard down at her reflection in the crystal clear water below. Blue eyes stared back at her, set in a narrow face, above a long, thin muzzle. Her body was lithe, slender, but still muscular. She was smaller than most of the wolves in the pack, her long legs and dainty paws making her quick and agile, but not the strongest, physically speaking. Her ears flattened, her eyes narrowed, and her teeth pulled back in a snarl. The word weak came to mind, even when she looked at herself. She didn't look capable of leading a pack of bloodthirsty wolves. She didn't look capable of leading a pack of rabid rabbits. Snorting in disgust, Clover lashed out with a paw and swiped at the surface of the water. Droplets spattered across her front and hailed back down into the creek as her reflection rippled violently. It was only when the water settled once more did she realize that her reflection was no longer the only one staring back at her.

Word Count; 685 Words

Raven | 3.5 Yrs Old | Pure Wolf | Guard | Mood; Amused | Tagged; Titan, Clover | Location; Camp

Raven couldn't deny the thrill he got when Titan referred to him as 'boss'. Raven met Titan in his youth when it was revealed that the wolf-dog's mother had bred with a loner, a common dog, and had bore a son of the union. Apparently, Titan had been handed over to his father to raise but returned to his mother after his father had taken off. Raven, being the illegitimate offspring of the King, was a bit of an outsider himself since the other wolves were all about Princess Clover, so he ended up befriending the dog pretty quickly. Raven couldn't pinpoint exactly when their hesitant friendship had shifted into the relationship they had now, but while Raven was naturally dominant, Titan was a natural follower. Not submissive, per se, but he definitely preferred to follow after pure wolves, from what Raven had seen. It was likely why he wasn't as captivated by perfect Clover as other's in the pack had been in their youth until she had proven too soft for a lot of others' taste. The late Queen Kestral had been a wolf-dog, which meant that Clover was a quarter dog.

Regardless of how their new dynamic happened, however, Raven found it quite satisfying. He needed more faithful followers like Titan. Wolves and Dogs who would follow his lead without question, even if that leads him towards the path of his half-sister's demise. Trusting the bear-like wolf-dog to follow him, Raven pushed himself out of the den and into the early morning sunlight, squinting against the brightness of the day, and allowed his icy blue gaze to rove around the camp. He almost missed her; Clover was so small that she was easily overlooked unless a wolf was really focusing on his surroundings. But there she was, slipping unobtrusively out of camp. Just as unobtrusively, Duke Hawk took up a sentry at the entrance of the camp, no doubt waiting faithfully for the new Queen's return. Raven curled his lip; he had never liked the Duke and still didn't trust him after what had happened in his youth. Raven had been among the group that believed the wolf to be a murderer, but his father had (as usual) taken Clover's side when she had advocated for Hawk's character and dedication to the camp. Haw wasn't weak like Clover, but his support of the new Queen prove he had poor judgment when it came to proper leaders.

"Let's go," Raven growled once Titan joined him, heading towards the path out of camp. He gave Hawk a curt glare as he passed, waiting until he and Titan were out of sight and earshot before speaking again. "Come. I wish to have a word with my sister before we start our patrol," he growled, turning his paws in the direction her scent trail led. Perhaps he could convince her to bow out gracefully and hand leadership over to him. She wasn't fit to rule and she knew it too. The walk to the creek was brief and Raven arrived in time to see her swipe angrily at her reflection. He smirked and stepped up behind her, waiting until she noticed his reflection and Titan's in the water and spun around to face them before he spoke. "Pressure getting to you already, sis? You and I need to have a little chat."

Word Count; 560 Words

Brier Rose | 2 Yrs Old | Pure Wolf | Hunter | Mood; Concerned | Tagged; Sparrow, Open | Mentions; n/a | Location; Camp

Brier Rose smiled around the rabbit, relieved she hadn't woken the brute, and padded further into the den. She laid the rabbit beside him, tongue swiping around her jaws to remove traces of the animals' scent from her taste glands before she responded to him. "As well as one can be expected, I supposed," she said with a sigh, her gaze flitting over the barren den. The scent of illness and death still clung to the stone walls and hung, stagnant, in the air. It caused her pelt to prickle and her stomach to churn with unease. She didn't know how Sparrow could stand it. Returning her amber gaze to the wolf, she gave a small smile, relieved to be able to relay a small bit of good news. "The illness seems to have run its course; I checked over the pack last night while you were sleeping. No wolf is exhibiting any signs of the illness so it looks like we're in the clear," she said, relief evident in her clear orangish red gaze. Leaning down, she nudged the rabbit towards the other wolf in offering. She had noticed in her time with Sparrow that the brute tended to forget to eat from time to time, especially when stressed, so on top of helping with the illness she had taken it upon herself to ensure he was eating properly. She didn't know what she would do if the pack's Shaman passed, and if she were being honest, she had grown to enjoy spending time with him. Sparrow was quiet, but he didn't seem to dislike her inane chatter as most of the wolves did. "I brought you this. You should eat something," she said with a gentle smile.

Word Count; 289 Words
Epiclilkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ alder 002 ] [ hyacinth 002 ]

Postby nervousdog » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:51 am

♔ ♕ alder
      male | 6 years | pure wolf | tagged ;; clover, raven, titan | mentioned ;; | guard

Alder lifted his head up upon hearing splashing . He turned his head, ears twitching as he searched for the source of the sound . The large grey wolf spotted another wolf several yards away from him- it was Clover . He found the new queen pleasant, albeit a bit soft . But maybe the softer change would be good for the pack . He had faith in the she wolf . She needed her pack to trust her, and he was there to give her all the trust she needed . He thought for a moment, she looked agitated . Maybe he could go down and talk to her ? But before he could move towards the queen, one of the other guards approached her, it was Raven . It was well known that Raven was her brother- although only a half brother . The black wolf was large and powerful, similar in size to Alder . However the male had a sneaking suspicion that Raven wasn't too fond of the current queen . It wasn't hard to see that the kind spent all his time with Clover, easily choosing her as the heir . And anyone could suspect that any sibling would be angry about that . The gray wolf leaned forward, his ears perking up as he listened in on Raven . He didn't like the tone of the black wolf's voice, but hung back anyways- no need to butt in where he didn't need too . He scanned the area to see if Raven had anyone with him, noticing that Titan was there too . Titan always seemed off to Alder, he was very large and followed Raven around like a lost puppy . He was in no spot to judge the other guards though, but he couldn't help himself sometimes .

---

♔ ♕ hyacinth
      female | 3 years | pure wolf | tagged ;; white rock | mentions ;; | hunter

The small black wolf smiled at Rocky's sarcasm, he seemed to be in a grouchy mood after waking up . "Hey now ! No need to be sour, I just didn't think you needed to be sleeping in so late," She replied in a cheery tone of voice, "It's never fun being the last one up !" She wagged her tail in a friendly manner, before getting into a play bow . The female was almost akin to a pup, never really growing to be dull or mature . She enjoyed having a good attitude about herself, it was always good to be an optimist in her mind . Her good mood didn't extend to the new queen though, no wolf likes change . She didn't prefer having a half breed mutt in power . The old queen wasn't her favorite either, but the king had chosen her as a mate ever so long ago so she had respected her . She wondered how the tall male felt about the queen . Maybe he felt the same way ? She stood straight from her other stance, opening her mouth to make casual conversation, "So, how do you feel about the new queen situation ?" she asked curiously . She hoped it wasn't too invasive of a question, especially soon after the passing of the late king and queen . But she enjoyed chatting away, so she had asked anyways, if not to get a reply but to just exercise her vocal chords .
nervousdog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Willow {1} Jay {1}

Postby wildsight » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:16 am

✿ 𝐖 𝐢 𝐥 𝐥 𝐨 𝐰
{Female} {2 Years} {Guard} {Wolf+Shepherd Mix} {Mood: Bored} {Location: Camp↠Forest} {Mentions: Clover } {Tags: Open}
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Willow padded through the forest her ears pricked. She took a step forward then stopped. Where was she? Why was she
here? She glanced around her eyes darting furiously. She couldn't remember how she had gotten here. She was a guard
not a hunter. She had no reason to be this far away from camp. Suddenly something made her look up. All she could see
we're the tops of trees. She decided she should explore to find out where she was. She slowly made her way through the
forest her ears twitching at every sound. Suddenly a scent came to her. She inhaled deeply her tail swaying slowly. It was
the smell of pollution. She gasped at the sudden memory of the smell. She quickly turned around and headed back the way
she had come. Her paws crunched on fallen twigs as she bounded around trees and over rocks. Suddenly a voice sounded, but
she couldn't make out what it was saying. She then felt a rush of wind over her coat. She glanced up at the sky and almost
yelped out loud. The moon was red. She skidded to a halt and stared at it. It only lasted for a moment. And then it was gone.

Willow slowly opened her eyes. She then flinched awake. She was back in camp. What had happened? How did she get here?
She then knew what happened. It was all a dream. She had been up late last night thinking about the Blood Moon Ceremony.
She noticed she was panting and quickly stopped herself. She glanced around seeing that some of the other wolves we're up.
She quickly got to her feet and stood gazing around. She suddenly wondered where the queen was. Who knew and truly who
cared? She didn't really care where that wolf went. The more she was gone the better. She then sat down and began to lick
her paws. She wondered what everyone else was doing at this time. It was early morning so most of the wolves we're just
beginning to wake up. She raised her head for a moment to glance around. She then sighed and turned back to her paws.

She soon got bored glancing around every so often. Now what? Just lie here doing nothing? Maybe, she should go for a walk.
She pricked her ears listening to the sounds around her. Just about everyone else was doing something. So why not herself?
As she got to her paws, a memory suddenly came to her. Of a forest far away. Yes her home where she had grown up. Well,
no time to dwell on the past. With a flick of her tail she bounded away into the forest.

Word Count: 454

↠ 𝐉 𝐚 𝐲
{Male} {5 Years} {Hunter} {Pure Wolf} {Mood: Excited} {Location: Camp↠Forest} {Mentions: -- } {Tags: Open}
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jay tossed and turned in his sleep. That was normal for him. He never slept still and quiet. He usually mumbled in his sleep,
He pawed around in his sleep. Even when, he wasn't dreaming about anything. He whimpered and his tail flicked. He turned
once again his ears twitching. He then yelped and finally woke up. He glanced around furiously before calming down. He didn't
know why he always slept or woke up that way. He glanced around seeing that some of the wolves we're still asleep. Some had
gotten up already. He wondered if he should get up or go back to sleep. Of course not! He could go hunting. He yawned and
pawed the air for a moment. He then leapt to his feet and bounded out of the camp. He loved this feeling. The feeling of the
wind flying over his coat and wind at his back. The feeling of being free. He never did get tired of it. He loved the feeling so
much that sometimes he would just run for hours on end. Never stopping for anything except for a drink. Suddenly a thought
came to him. Hunting. He had left to go hunting in the first place. He yipped and set off in search of prey.

As he padded through the forest, Jay noticed that it was truly spring. He could smell all sorts of scents. Mostly the trees and
the forest undergrowth. And of course a hint of prey. Ever since the disaster hunting hadn't been the same. The prey seemed
to smell different from how it used to. It seemed like it was harder to find. It was spring though it that might have been caused
by the number of different scents. He held his head low to the ground his ears pricked moving slowly among the undergrowth so
as not to scare of any prey. His ears constantly twitched as he moved through the undergrowth. Suddenly he picked up a scent.
It was the scent of rabbit. His tail flicked as he followed the scent. It shouldn't take him long to find his prey.

And it didn't. Shortly after following the scent he found saw the rabbit in the distance. It was eating some grass near a tree.
All he had to do was get into striking range. He slowly crept closer making sure he was upwind of the rabbit. He pricked his
ears listening to anything that might be approaching. He heard nothing but the sounds of birds chirping. He soon closed the
gap between him and the rabbit. He rocked his haunches from side to side. He waited only a moment before striking. The
rabbit saw him a moment too late. It shrieked and tried to run off but it was all over. The birds also shrieked and flew in
all directions when they heard the rabbit. And then came the snap. Jay stood and yipped with happiness. He had caught
something. Now should he continue on? He wanted to find somewhere to drink before he went back to camp. So, with the
rabbit clutched in his jaws he bounded away.

Word Count: 523
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
hi, i'm wild <3
――――――――――
th | art fight | ©

wildsight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Long Live The Queen | Closed

Postby mehtobeking » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:03 pm

→ White Rock

Hunter → Tags: Hyacinth → Mentions: Aspen, Brier Rose, Jay → Location: Camp

Rocky sat down for a moment to scratch behind his front leg as he listened to Hyacinth.She was much too bright in the morning, and the day, and the evening. There was nothing to be that happy for. He tolerated her speech and popped back up onto his feet. “I really don’t mind being the last one out. I’ll let the early birds handle the rabbits and shrews, I’d much rather wait later in the day to hunt the bigger game. Rabbits are a waste of time in the spring.” He murmured and shook his fur out briefly. The spring was the perfect time to get the ball rolling on big game. Sure they needed rabbit and small prey through the winter when elk and bison had migrated, but now was not the time. Perhaps he would need to take charge and gather the hunters for a trip out. Each seemed perfectly happy with small rodents this morning.
Her question slightly caught him off guard, but his eyes rolled out of habit at the mention of the new when. "I'm not a fan" he stated, gauging her reaction before feeling comfortable moving on to continue complaining. Seeing her interest he opened his mouth to speak again. “She is far too weak. I don’t necessarily want to replace her, but Raven most definitely should have been the heir. He is far more superior, and apart from being an actual wolf, he is better going to be able to keep pack traditions going and will accept challenges. Clover is going to do everything she can to avoid confrontation. She is weak.” He shook his head and sighed. That was enough dwelling on the negative. Now he really needed to get out on a real hunt, run out as fast as his legs would take him and really tear into a beast. “You should take on the queen. I’m sure she would laugh herself to death. Now c’mon, let’s bring home some real food.” He commented then sauntered away toward the hunter's den to try and gather others. At the den he saw Aspen hanging around still so he nodded for her to join him and Hyacinth. Brier Rose was no where around so all there was left was to find Jay.

→ Aspen

Hunter → Tags: Hyacinth → Location: Camp

Upon finishing the prairie dog and scattering the remains behind the den, she stretched out in the dust and laid down for a brief morning rest. The dust beneath her fur had a cooling effect on her as the meat began to digest in her stomach. It was such a nice morning and she could already tell it was only to get better from here. The birds were loud up in the trees and she could hear the soft thump of nuts and berries hitting the forest floor as squirrels and other critters scoured the trees for food. She saw Rocky heading back toward her. With one last long stretch out of her legs she picked herself up and sneezed out some dirt. She kept her head low and tail beneath herself now. Now being apparently summoned she picked her head up a little and trotted on over. "Yes?" she questioned, her tail raising up a bit in greeting to Hyacinth. "Good morning by the way, how's the day treated you so far?" She asked directed to the female as she cared not for Rocky's response nor did she believe he would give her one. "Mine has been quite relaxing, I guess. Can't complain about another quiet day." She sighed softly then lowered her head back down, being reminded of the passing of the king and queen was still tough for her. Her stomach rumbled quietly as it continually digested and quickly processed the protein and fat into energy for her to burn off the rest of the morning. A small prairie dog, although filling at the time, would not be enough food for her to last a few more days. Depending what kind of prey they were able to take down and bring back to camp for everyone else.
mehtobeking

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Long Live The Queen | Closed

Postby Dracowolf » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:36 pm

Titan
Guard
| Age 3.5 | Male | Caucasian Shepherd/Wolf |
Tags: Raven, Clover

Titan shook out his fur, letting the thick coat continue to stand on end in the hopes of cooling himself down a bit. The heat was not too bad, but for Titan almost every day was like summer unless it was the dead of winter, as for summer that was something completely different. During such times Titan could be found finding any way to cool off, shadows and water were his friend in such times. His heavy steps followed Raven faithfully as he always did. At no point did he question why Raven wanted to speak with Clover. Raven was the leader to him, for Titan there was still too much dog in Clover’s bloodline to be a leader. Dogs haven’t been freed long enough to earn that right, they fell. He completely missed Hawk as they left, not concerned about the pure-blooded Duke. If anyone had a right to the throne it would be Raven after all, he was already the boss.

When they came up to Clover, Titan stood tall but behind Raven. He had no desire to move in front of the wolf unless he was needed to. They were here for a word thought, not a fight, right? Well, not that it mattered, if a fight started Titan would be there. Only momentarily did it cross his mind that if a fight were to break out, it wouldn’t be upheld, after all it was not the ceremony. Did that matter though? Titan wasn’t sure. These were strange circumstances of how the leadership fell, it was not defeat after all. If all rules were thrown out in this moment, he certainly would not stand in the way. Others would, he would simply have to deal with the others who took issue with it. Muscles often worked in his favor in that case. Until he saw how things would play out, he would wait for orders. He had no desire to call the shots, not when to him Raven did such a good job at it.

Titan’s ear twitched, before he looked over his shoulder. He was certain he heard a twig break. Maybe it was food? Or maybe it was trouble for them. He wasn’t certain.

---------------------------------

Hawk
The Duke
| Age 4 | Male | Pure Wolf |
Tags: Open

Hawk had counted off in his head every pack member who left the camp, and those who returned. He had a moment of worry when he saw Raven leave with his oaf of a follower. Hawk kept his position for a while but there was a tinge of worry deep down he couldn’t shake. The timing of Raven leaving with Titan didn’t sit right with him. It shouldn’t have been a problem, it normally wasn’t. But, not everyone as active at this time, and after all that happened things were different, just slightly. To slip out at this time when not many would notice and so close to when the Queen left? It didn’t feel right.

Hawk briefly looked at the sky, a habit he picked up years before as if it held the answers. ”Stand guard or follow a hunch… What would they have said…?” He muttered it out to himself, thinking of those who had passed that he had respected so well. A soft growl rushed from his throat as he finally got to his feat and started off into the forest. Trails of scent crisscrossed before him, masking each other. Prey and predator, friend, potential foe, all a mix before him. He was no hunter, never was, when he was tracking his target silence was not the first thing on his mind. He could sneak if he wanted but on a hunch? He didn’t feel the need to hide himself. Claiming that he was out just checking on things or clearing his head, both were believable after all. He wasn’t awake enough to distinguish some scents, the cross over was causing problems. One of the many flaws of not sleeping properly through the night. He followed one, believing it to be the right one, fresh enough but mangled with others. He took in a deep breath, breaking a few twigs as he went, the scents getting stronger. Right or wrong he was about to find out.
Dracowolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Sparrow {2} | Echo {2}

Postby maplefoxie » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:15 pm

xxx
        ► S P A R R O W
      ► 3 yrs 9 mths • pure wolf • shaman • mood; worried • tagged; brier rose, open • mentions; - • location; camp •
      word count; 373
    ───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    xxxSparrow held back a polite smile as he watched Brier enter the den, eyeing the rabbit carefully as she laid it down beside him, these sorts of actions weren't new to him, so he was mostly used to it at this point, and any attempt to try to make her stop stressing over his own health has ended in failure. His ears perked up at the news, in both shock and relief, while the scent still lingered in the den, he was glad with the news that the illness passed, but he still wanted to double check on everyone else, mainly for his own sanity. "Well at least that's good news... I may check on them later however..." He stated, turning his attention back to Brier, unwilling to hide his worry for the rest of the pack. With the scent of the illness still being strong in the den, it was impossible for him to not think it was gone, though he reminded himself that he should be collecting some more herbs, especially considering the stock had gone dry after the illness, and maybe some strong scented flowers, just to make him feel better. He knew that Brier wasn't the judgemental type so he was free to speak of his own worries when it was just the pair of them, he didn't really do it often, not wanting to make everyone else in the pack worry about his own issues, but it was nice to have someone who listens to the few times he did talk. He nudged the offered rabbit away, "No it's fine really, I'm not that hungry, and I think you need the food more as a hunter" He said in an attempt to make her stop worrying about him, despite really wanting to eat the rabbit right now. It wouldn't take that much energy to pull his exhausted body over to the kill pile himself and getting something to eat, and it took a lot more energy to hunt rabbits, deer and other forms of prey. He was smart enough to keep himself alive, the would probably think he messed up or something if he passed, but hunting food for the rest of the pack should be a priority.

► E C H O
      ► 3 yrs 9 mths • pure wolf • guard • mood; thoughtful, bored • tagged; open • mentions; cypress, hawk • location; camp • word count; 304
    ───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    xxxEcho watched around camp, it was a guards job, to keep watch around camp for any threats, and with many of the other guards going into the forest, one of them had to stay in camp, and today it seemed to be herself. She growled softly at the thought, nothing interesting ever happened in camp, with the only recent developments being the fact the illness was gone. Staring out at the entrance of camp, she watched as Hawk left the camp, following one of many wolves who left this early morning, she couldn't care less who he followed, she was just mildly relieved that he left. Whether is was from the murder incident, or the fact that he always likes to watch the rest of the packs every move, something about him always seemed to annoy Echo. His loyalty to Clover only added on to that. Of the two second in commands, Echo always preferred Cypress over Hawk, but she never really sure whether it was because she hated Hawk, or she just simply preferred Cypress, maybe both.

Finally letting boredom take over her system, Echo started to pace circles around the camp, a steady rhythm, it was the same thing she did every time she was responsible for guarding camp, and for a moment she wondered what the other guards were doing. While Clover had given them time to mourn the deaths, Echo didn't expect so many wolves to actually run off into the forest. Though she didn't really care much what they were doing. While they were out there, doing who knows what, she was back in camp, being loyal to the pack. While she didn't like the new leader, that doesn't change how she was going to act, but now she wasn't defending the Queen, she was only defending the pack.
maplefoxie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Clover [3] Raven [3] Brier Rose [3]

Postby Epiclilkitty » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:34 pm

Clover | 4 Yrs Old | Wolf/Husky | Queen | Feeling; Uneasy, Angry
Tagged; Raven, Titan, Open | Location; Forest, Creek

"Papa, Papa! Lily had her pups!" Clover said, practically barreling into the black wolf's side in her excitement. Eyes as blue as the sky shifted down to meet hers as the large wolf cocked his head. Something passed over his face briefly that the young she-wolf couldn't place before an indulgent smile curved his lips and his bushy black tail began to wag slowly back and forth.

"Oh, yea? How many pups are there?" King Cliff asked, gaze straying towards the Nursery where his daughter had just come from. The little gray wolfdog gave a happy bounce, practically vibrating with excitement. There weren't many other pups in the pack and even though she was a whole six moon cycles older than Lily's new pups, she still found she couldn't wait until they were old enough to play with her.

"Three of them! Lily says there are two girls and a boy," she explained, straining up to tug gently at his ear with her teeth. "Come on, papa! Come see! They're so cute and tiny!" She yipped, tugging insistently until finally, the black wolf turned his paws towards the nursery.

"Okay, Clover. I'm coming, I'm coming," he reassured her, eyes rolling affectionately as he followed his daughter to the nursery. Clover bounced ahead, slipping easily through the prickly entrance, while Cliff found it a struggle to pull himself inside. Finally, he made it into the sark, gloomy den, blinking until his eyes adjusted to the warm, milk-scented darkness. When his eyes finally adjusted, he padded further into the den and joined his daughter at the edge of the nest, where a white fae was curled up, three pups suckling contentedly at her belly. Pale green eyes lifted in the darkness, finding his over his daughter's head, and Cliff found himself swallowing nervously.

"They're so cute, Lily! What are their names?" Clover's excited voice, now hushed so as not to disturb the pups, broke the silence and the she-wolf's green eyes shifted from the King to the young Princess with a gentle smile.

"This one is named Shimmer," she said, nudging her nose against the smallest pup gently, "and this one is called Glimmer," she added, nudging a slightly bigger pup with charcoal gray fur.

What about this one," Clover asked, laying down and shimmying closer on her belly to place her nose near the darkest and biggest of the three pups. Lily's eyes shone with pride as she turned her gaze on her only son.

"I think I'll call him Raven," she whispered. Clover's blue eyes widened as she blinked thoughtfully at the male, and when she looked up at her father, her gaze was shining happily.

"Raven is a good name. He looks just like you, don't you think, Papa?"

Clover shook herself free of the memory as she looked into her brother's icy blue eyes, so similar to their father's. Well, except for the fact that their father had never looked at her with so much anger and contempt, the way Raven looked at her now. Honestly, the gray wolfdog couldn't imagine where she had gone wrong with Raven. There was a time when the pair had been insanely close. Shimmer and Glimmer hadn't made it more than a few days, and she had sort of taken it upon herself to be the best sister the younger wolf could have, even before she knew he was her brother. They used to play together, confide in each other, play pranks on their packmates together. They had been inseparable and now, Clover found she couldn't trust her former confidante any further than she could throw him. Raven had changed, but so had she, and even though there was a small part of her that wanted to step back, there was a larger part of her that forced her to stand her ground and put her chin up.

Her own blue gaze flitted over the black wolf, before shifting past him to the fluffy beast of a dog behind him. Titan. He and Raven were almost never seen apart, and she had a feeling that if it came down to it, the beast of a dog would side with Raven as opposed to her. She couldn't win a fight if it broke out now. She was alone and outnumbered, which meant she would have to talk her way out of this one. Tail and ears standing high and proud, Clover sent her brother an imperious look. He might be bigger than her, but she had been know to cow others with a single, withering look. It was a trait she had been taught by her parents. "If you wish to speak, Raven, you may do so back in camp. I am quite busy right now," She said firmly, moving to pad past him with a twitch of an ear.

Word Count; 807 Words

Raven | 3.5 Yrs Old | Pure Wolf | Guard | Mood; Angry, Hostile | Tagged; Titan, Clover | Location; Creek, Forest

Raven released a soft growl at the haughty look his sister cast him. It was a look he had been on the receiving end quite often from his father and Queen Kestral. Luckily, he had built up something of an immunity to the look over the years and when his sister tried to leave, he slid deftly in front of her and pinned his ears back, lips pulling up in the start of a snarl. "I don't think you're listening to me, Clover. We're talking, now," he growled, blue eyes narrowing in challenge. Her eyes narrowed right on back and he felt his fur bristling in response. He hated that he couldn't scare his sister into submission. She wasn't a fighter, not like he was. He should be able to control and manipulate her. But even with her unwillingness towards unnecessary bloodshed, there was no denying that she was a born leader and Raven had a feeling that she would fight for her position. All the better, he supposed. It would be a pleasure in breaking her, his father's precious chosen one.

"Like it or not, I am your Queen and you will remove yourself from my path, Raven. Now." Clover's voice held a hint of threat that had a deeper growl rising in the black wolf's throat. He knew the rules; he would be in trouble if he attacked her outside of the Blood Moon Ceremony. But it would be so easy to take her out now, only Titan as his witness. He knew that there were others in the pack who didn't approve of her leadership. If he could get them to follow him, so much the better. His nails scraped at the ground, leaving deep gouges as her glared at the she-wolf.

"You never should have been chosen as Queen. You are a halfbred mutt; you're too soft to be Queen," He sneered harshly. "I'm not the only one who thinks so, Clover. You will be destroyed at that ceremony. Step down gracefully now, and I will spare your life; don't make me kill you at the ceremony," He growled. Clover gave a derisive snort at his words.

"You care not about my life, Raven. I have no intention of losing at the Blood Moon Ceremony, not to you or any other wolf," She growled, eyes blazing. "Now, get out of my way."

The urge to attack her was nearly overwhelming. It would be too easy to rip her throat out now and solve all of his problems in one fell swoop. But just as his muscles tensed and his nails dug deeper still into the soil underpaw, causing Clover to tense up as well in preparation... a twig snapped nearby. Both wolves snapped their heads up, ears pricked as they scanned the forest for whoever might be out there. With a frustrated growl, Raven turned his gaze back to glare at his sister. "This isn't over. One of these days, you'll get what's coming to you, Clover, and you'll wish you'd taken me up on my offer," he growled ominously, before turning away with a snarl. "Come on, Titan. The territory won't patrol itself," he added, before bounding back into the forest. He had been foiled this time, but he didn't intend to let his sister slip through his grasp next time. She would get what was coming to her sooner or later, and he fully intended to be the one dealing the killing blow when that time came.

Word Count; 583 Words

Brier Rose | 2 Yrs Old | Pure Wolf | Hunter | Mood; Concerned, Annoyed | Tagged; Sparrow, Open | Mentions; n/a | Location; Camp

Brier Rose lost her smile as the Shaman, predictably, tried to refuse the meal she had brought him. In the last few moon cycles that she had been spending so much time with him, she had learned not to get personally offended by such things as she once might have done. That was just Sparrow being Sparrow. He didn't seem to like accepting help from others, which was ridiculous. They were packmates and packmates helped one another. Eyes narrowing sharply, she nudged the rabbit closer to the brute and gave him a droll look in response. "While I am more than happy to share the rabbit with you, I brought it for you and I don't intend to leave until I see you at least eat a little bit," she warned with a cock of her head. "My job might be more physically strenuous, but your job is mentally strenuous and you've been working almost nonstop for the pack since the illness hit. We can't survive without you, Sparrow. You need to make sure you're eating properly," she scolded, lifting a paw and prodding gently at his sides as if to prove her point. "I can feel your ribs, bee-brain," she added accusingly. Despite the insult, there was only warm affection and gentle concern in her tone as she nudged the rabbit a bit closer. "At least try to eat a little."

Word Count; 232 Words
Epiclilkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ alder 003 ] [ hyacinth 003 ]

Postby nervousdog » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:44 am

♔ ♕ alder
      male | 6 years | pure wolf | tagged ;; clover | mentioned ;; titan, raven | guard

Alder watched as Clover walked away from the confrontation, waiting a moment before slinking off and following her . With a good few, long strides he caught up to the female wolf . "Are you alright ?" He asked the female, walking along side of her, "Raven is quite the intimidating wolf, I'm proud you kept you composure though- even with him threatening you" He let out a low growl at the thought of the queen being threatened, especially before the blood moon ceremony . It wasn't right, not one bit . It was obvious Raven didn't like his sister, and he assumed Titan didn't either by how he constantly followed Raven around . He wasn't too sure who else didn't like the queen, but no one else has made a move to threaten Clover like Raven just did . Alder knew one thing though, he would remain loyal to the queen until the end- it was just who he was . "I hope you don't mind me joining you, in whatever you are doing ? It's quite a nice day so far, it'd be a shame to spend it alone ." He talked to the queen in a warm tone, hoping to brighten whatever mood she may have been in due to Raven .

---

♔ ♕ hyacinth
      female | 3 years | pure wolf | tagged ;; white rock, aspen | mentions ;; | hunter

Hyacinth nodded as White Rock spoke sourly about the queen . "Change is hard, and I'm not too fond of this change ." She said, agreeing with the wolf . The queen wasn't fit for her spot, she wasn't ready in Hyacinth's mind . She frowned as Rocky joked about her challenging the queen herself . It was not something she would've thought about doing, as she wasn't quite the type to pick a fight . She may have seen the queen as unfit, but the female knew she was even more unfit to be queen . The black wolf was scrawny and small, weaker than the queen . She was no more than a hunter, and would never be anything else . But she was comfortable with that knowledge . With a shake of her head, Hyacinth replied with "Nah, I don't think that would work out too well" She followed the taller gray wolf as he walked down to the hunter's den . They met up with Aspen there, who joined them in their tripped to gather a hunting party . "The day has treated me quite well too !" She replied to Aspen in a cheery tone of voice, "I caught a rabbit not too long ago ! So that gives me hope that this hunting trip will go fairly well also !" She was always happy to chat with other wolves, it was in her nature to talk .
      Hyacinth spotted Jay bounding into camp with a rabbit in his mouth . She let out an excited yip, bouncing over toward the larger wolf . She playfully barked at Jay, bowing down and wagging her tail before speaking . "White Rock, Aspen, and I are all going on a hunting trip . Would you like to join us ? We are going to track down some elk !"
nervousdog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me