➵tideclan ➵ bones will be exposed➵

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

➵tideclan ➵ bones will be exposed➵

Postby broken* » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:37 am

"as red waves lap against the shore, bones will be exposed, & a lark will be found. darkness splitting at the seams, will tear the clan apart, unless truth calms the coming storm."

the cats of tideclan have resided within their mountainous island home for as long as anyone can remember. no one seems to know how they got there exactly; just that its been over 1000 moons (100 years) since they took up residence. it is rumored that when a leader or medicine cat goes to the glistening tidepools to contact starclan for the first time, they are given the privilege of this knowledge. no one knows why it is not shared among the clan. the cats simply trust their leadership & starclan that it is in their best interest not to know, and thus far no one has questioned it. until now. the medicine cat has received a prophecy, but the leader has banned them from telling the clan. suspicions are rising and loyalties are being questioned. when the prophecy begins to come to pass, only truth can save the clan. but at what cost? is the division already too deep? and will it be too late?
Last edited by broken* on Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:04 am, edited 10 times in total.
broken*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➵tideclan ➵ rules➵

Postby broken* » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:40 am

➵roleplay rules➵
    each user may play up to 2 cats;
    only 1 high ranking/prophecy cat though.
    whichever genders you'd prefer, just try to
    make sure they're being kept even for the roleplay.
    this is a semi-lit roleplay, so i expect
    at least one paragraph of six lines per cat
    per post. that includes writers block. however
    more is suggested/appreciated.
    make sure to disable your signature
    from all posts please; both here & on the
    discussion thread. it just looks neater/cleaner.
    make sure to follow all of the cs rp rules
    please! 1 pic per form, keep it pg, be aware
    of inappropriate themes, etc. also no god-modding
    or power-playing; your cat is not perfect!
    do not post a form w/o first pming me
    & reserving the cat. i only will hold reserves for about 48
    hours; try to have at least the basics up by then. i
    have the authority to turn down anyone i dont see fit
    for this roleplay. also, once accepted, try to post at
    least twice a week.

➵clan laws➵
    the word of the leader is law.
    it is not to be questioned or argued.
    all cats are expected to take a mate & have kits;
    this is important for the clan's survival. even the med cat.
    prey is to be given to the elders & queens first;
    then apprentices & warriors may eat.
    no one is to go to the black caves; they
    are forbidden & trespassers will be punished harshly.
    if the med. cat needs help with something,
    anyone/all cats are expected to offer aid.
    all kits are expected to know how to
    swim before they become apprentices.
Last edited by broken* on Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
broken*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➵tideclan ➵ roles➵

Postby broken* » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:54 am

♛leader♛ (1/1)
ivystar | tortoiseshell | molly | 44 moons | hypnoid
♚deputy♚ (1/1)
lionsong | orange tabby | molly | 25 moons | fawn,
❀medicine cat❀ (1/1)
doestep | calico | molly | 28 moons | broken*
❁medicine cat apprentice❁ (1/1)
minnowpaw | gray tabby | tom | 6 moons | ForgottenShadow

☆warriors☆ (unlimited)
shrimpnose | orange & white | tom | 28 moons | mosquitolarvae
thrushtalon | himalayan tabby | tom | 27 moons | dayman.
swanmask | himalayan | molly | 22 moons | .blank
puffinheart | tuxedo | molly | 37 moons | razzberry
mosssong | gray tabby | molly | 14 moons | bloodskill
sunspot | orange & white | molly | 27 moons | spicyskeleton
cloudshadow | cream white | molly | 25 moons | legend speaker
stormgaze | tortoiseshell | tom | 26 moons | hakuna matata ;;
orcafin | tuxedo | tom | 32 moons | phayraoh
murresky | tuxedo | molly | 29 moons | phayraoh
bearscar | brown tabby| tom | 32 moons | hypnoid
redstrike | orange tabby | tom| 38 moons | ligerteeth
silverstripe | silver bengal | molly| 15 moons | ligerteeth

☼apprentices☼ (unlimited)
lotuspaw | gray tabby | molly | 9 moons | dayman.
mousepaw | dilute calico | molly | 6 moons | ForgottenShadow
bouncepaw | bengal | tom | 9 moons | spicyskeleton
crestpaw | dark tabby | tom | 10 moons | legend speaker
moonpaw | white | tom | 10 moons | sewer connoisseur
rainpaw | silver tabby | molly | 10 moons | Lapis Lizzuli

☘elders☘ (3/3)
troutsplash | gray | tom | 91 moons | broken*
leopardtail | spotted tan | tom | 30 moons | lumos.
owlfoot | color | molly | 55 moons | .blank

❣queen & kits❣ (0/1)
name | gender | age | user
↳ name | gender | age | user
Last edited by broken* on Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:31 pm, edited 65 times in total.
broken*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➵tideclan ➵ prophecy➵

Postby broken* » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:54 am

✠the prophecy✠
    "as red waves lap against the shore,
    bones will be exposed,
    & a lark will be found.
    darkness splitting at the seams,
    will tear the clan apart,
    unless truth calms the coming storm."

✠the prophecy explained✠
    essentially, the ocean's water will be tinted red from blood as the waves bring bones of deceased cats onto the shore. the lark represents larkfur, a clan cat who recently went missing, & before the bones are spotted, when the cats first see the blood, a lark will land nearby. the bones were hidden in the forbidden black caves for the past 1000 moons, and they hold the truth about how tideclan came to be; on the bones of another clan, who they slaughtered to take their home. the darkness is held within the leader, who knew all of this but refused to tell the clan, and the cats are losing faith/trust in the leader and in starclan for allowing this to happen. they are questioning everything they have ever known. only the medicine cat, the receiver of the prophecy, can stop war from tearing tideclan apart.

✠essentially✠
    the blood is from a recently murdered clan cat.
    the bones are from the clan's dark past.
    the darkness is the leader & the truth is the medicine cat.
    the leader must be overthrown,
    but the med. cat & deputy must make that decision to disobey orders & tell the clan.
Last edited by broken* on Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:56 pm, edited 12 times in total.
broken*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➵tideclan ➵ relationships➵

Postby broken* » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:55 am

x
    x
    x
─mentors & apprentices─
➤doestep mentors minnowpaw
➤shrimpnose mentors lotuspaw
➤redstrike mentors crestpaw
➤puffinheart mentors moonpaw
➤murresky mentors mousepaw
➤bearscar mentors bouncepaw
➤stormgaze mentors rainpaw

─familial ties─
➤doestep is the sibling of shrimpnose
➤cloudshadow is the sibling of crestpaw
➤orcafin is the sibling of murresky
➤minnowpaw is the sibling of mousepaw
➤leopardtail is the sibling of bouncepaw
➤owlfoot is the mother of swanmask
➤troutsplash is the father of puffinheart & larkfur
➤bearscar is the father of minnowpaw & mousepaw
➤redstrike is the father of silverstripe

─crushes─
➤lionsong likes stormgaze
➤orcafin likes sunspot
➤puffinheart likes bearscar
➤murresky likes bearscar & stormgaze
➤orcafin & puffinheart like each other
➤thrushtalon & swanmask like each other
➤thrushtalon & cloudshadow like each other
➤doestep & leopardtail like each other
➤swanmask & shrimpnose like each other
➤troutsplash & owlfoot like each other

─mates─
➤troutsplash & halftail were mates
➤redstrike & goldenstripe were mates
➤bearscar & name were mates
➤owlfoot & adderfang were mates
Last edited by broken* on Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:24 pm, edited 40 times in total.
broken*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➵tideclan ➵ extra info➵

Postby broken* » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:55 am

✦territory✦
the island itself it relatively tropical, but the ground is very uneven. there are plenty of cliffs. the clan cats have to excel at swimming & climbing to live long lives on this dangerous place. aside from that though, it is a beautiful location; leaf-bare never gets too bad, hardly any snow ever falling.
camp ⇢ a small clearing on uneven ground.
leader's den & highrock ⇢ a stone-covered den that goes into the ground; the top stone is highrock, where the leader stands to call meetings.
med. cat den ⇢ at the base of a large hollow tree trunk.
warrior's den a hole that goes straight into the ground but is structurally sound & flat inside.
apprentice den ⇢ within one of the large rocks, it tunnels upwards, allowing the young ones to climb & play.
queen & elders den ⇢ hidden underneath a large uprooted tree trunk but covered with sod/moss.
glistening tidepools entrance ⇢ sacred place where the leader & med. cat can communicate with starclan.
inside the glistening tidepools
black caves ⇢ forbidden for any cat to dare enter for unknown reasons (secret 'burial' grounds/body dumping grounds).
guide to medicine cat herbs & usages

✦prey✦
(common) fish, small rodents, frogs
(uncommon) small birds, lizards, toads
(rare) snakes, eggs, insects

✦predators✦
snakes ⇢ common near the water, can be venomous.
birds of prey ⇢ hawks, eagles, etc. can fly off carrying kits/apprentices.
wild boars ⇢ have large tusks that can pierce right through a cat.
monitor lizards & iguanas ⇢ aggressive reptiles, can be bigger than a cat.

✦weather✦
new-leaf is beginning.
the skies are clear blue, no rain in sight.
the sun is out & it is warm.
Last edited by broken* on Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:46 am, edited 21 times in total.
broken*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➵tideclan ➵ other➵

Postby broken* » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:11 pm

broken*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❀doestep❀ & ☘troutsplash☘

Postby broken* » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:41 am

. ── D O E S T E P
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    ( 28 moons) ( molly ) ( medicine cat) ( unmated ) ( tags: lionsong, ivystar ) ( location: camp; den, high rock)
    . ── the truth doesnt cost anything; a lie could cost you everything.

the sun was getting lower in the sky, meaning the darkness of night would soon enshroud the entire camp. however, doestep had barely been out of her den that day to experience the beautiful warm sunny day, being too deep within her thoughts and worries. she didnt want to see any other cats, didnt want to talk to anyone; she barely knew how she was feeling, and if someone looked at her close enough they would be able to see something was wrong and she truly didnt know how to respond. thankfully, no one had come to her needing medicinal help that day, and she was completely content with that. she had spent the day doing a lot of busy work; she had completely cleaned out all of the moss and gathered new fresh moss in a nice thick layer for the softest comfort, for both herself and for any patients she had. she then went through all of her herbs, throwing away the old/bad ones and fully reorganizing everything to look less cluttered. she had spent the entire day doing that, trying to keep busy, to keep her mind off of her vision from that morning, the prophecy she had received..

she small calico molly had been wandering through a foggy haze in her dreams, very confused and unsure of where she was or what was happening. and then she saw a familiar lumbering figure in the distance, approaching her at a slow/steady pace. it was a massive brown tabby tom, his yellow eyes piercing through her. "beartooth..." she nudged heads with her former mentor lovingly, but the touch was short-lived, for he quickly stepped back, his face showing clear turbulence. this was not a pleasure visit; this was business, and by the look of it, nothing good. "i have been instructed to deliver this prophecy to you, my young apprentice. i am sorry all of this has fallen onto your shoulders... as red waves lap against the shore, bones will be exposed, & a lark will be found. darkness splitting at the seams, will tear the clan apart, unless truth calms the coming storm. " the molly's yellow/green eyes widened tremendously; her first prophecy, and one so dark.. she opened her mouth to speak, to ask him questions, for more help, but the mist swirled around them again and everything faded to black as she left the dream world and reentered the real world...

she knew she had to tell the leader and the deputy of her prophecy; that was essentially the first thing she should have done after receiving it this morning. but she had been worried. she feared retaliation or retribution from ivystar, who had worked so hard on making the clan appear 'perfect'. she would rather tell lionsong first, for she actually trusted the deputy quite a bit, but she knew she would likely be punished for daring to do that. alright, she couldnt put it off much longer. standing to her paws, she shook some dust out of her fur, slipping out of her tree trunk den, her eyes scanning around for the clan leader and deputy. they were up near the high rock, looking as though a clan meeting were going to be called soon. oh gosh, she had to hurry then. she approached lionsong quickly, greeting her with a gentle nudge on the head. "i need to speak with you and ivystar. starclan gave me a prophecy; its not good..." her eyes darkened a bit as she looked down at her paws, gently sighing, before she made her way up towards high rock. her voice was low so the other clan cats couldnt hear her, but loud enough that her leader would hear as she called up, staying on one of the lower high rocks. "ivystar, i really need to speak with you and lionsong urgently."

. ── T R O U T S P L A S H
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    ( 91 moons ) ( tom ) ( elder ) ( mate passed on ) ( tags: leopardtail ) ( location: entering camp )
    . ── when you're a curious cat, you'll always find something to do.

some days were better than others for the elderly tom cat. some mornings he could barely move, his joints were so stiff that the pain walking caused him was extreme. but other days he felt as lively as a kit again, and all he wanted to do was go and climb something. of course, on those later days, he would likely do something stupid and then regret it by feeling incredibly sore the next day. that day however hadnt really been either of the ends of the spectrum; he hadnt been feeling incredible, but he wasnt in any large amount of pain either. and so he had spent the majority of the morning lounging around the camp, soaking up the sunlight. he had wanted to seek out owlfoot, but at the same time was conflicted by his feelings for the fellow elder, and decided eventually against it. however, a few hours ago, he had decided he wanted to get up, go and do something. and so, he had approached one of his fellow elders and friends; leopardtail. leopardtail was a very young elder, but due to a recent attack by an eagle, he had been blinded in both eyes, and thus essentially forced to abandon his duty as a warrior and retire early as an elder.

the pair had gone off on a relatively long walk of the clan's territory. walking helped keep troutsplash's joints loose and relaxed, and it also helped leopardtail try to get used to the lay of the land without his sight. troutsplash made sure to avoid the cliffs and thus the beaches, partially for the younger tom since it would be much harder/more dangerous, but also for himself because he doesnt enjoy the memories he relives down in the sand. they had spent that afternoon going through the valleys and hills, the streams and brooks, and by the time the sun was beginning to lower in the sky, the older tom was slowing down, getting tired for sure. as they approached the small clearing that the clan's camp was located in, he turned towards the smaller tom, gently wrapping his tail over the speckled tom's back before he spoke. "i enjoyed spending time together today leopardtail, thank you for always keeping me on my toes." he gruff/deep voice had a calming tone to it.
broken*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ➵tideclan ➵ bones will be exposed➵

Postby bloodskill » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:21 am

( ) ─── ❛ mosssong. . .

age. fourteen moons / / gen. molly / / rank. warrior / / tags, direct. bouncepaw, bearscar / /
tags, indirect. minnowpaw, doestep, crestpaw, lotuspaw, ivystar, troutsplash, leopardtail, stormgaze / / loc. elder's den / / words. 386

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

five apprentices, five whole apprentices! she could understand why minnowpaw was absent from these duties (he was a very busy little bugger, always clinging to sweet doestep...) but crestpaw, lotuspaw!? mossong was sure that the older apprentices had been caught goofing around when they were supposed to be cleaning the senior warrior's den! why were they allowed to be on patrol, while mossong was shafted with cleaning after the elders? sure, she was a new warrior, but a warrior none the less!
        at the very least, she had company while the elder's were out on a stroll. bearscar, bouncepaw, and herself were all tasked with changing the bedding, removing any twigs, rocks, or large bugs that found their way from up top the large fallen tree, and making sure that there was enough room for any queens that found themselves resting with the elders. while any expecting mother hadn't shown their face since mosssong was given her warrior name, she knew that ivystar would be pushing for some molly's to settle down...
        "bouncepaw, watch your step" she meowed to the apprentice, kicking a pebble to the side before he could bruise his paw. she knew the energetic tom would much rather be out and about, hunting by the seashore or practicing new moves with the younger cats, but at least one apprentice had to doing apprentice tasks. looking toward bearscar, it was almost comical watching the large tom fiddle with the intricate weaving of the elder's nest. she padding toward him, straightening out the loose ends with her much smaller, more nimble paws.
        "I really do appreciate the help," she purred, dipping her tail onto his, "though, I meant it when I said you didn't have to stay. stormgaze's patrol should be here any minute, you can always sneak out if you need to give your paw's a stretch. I can guide bouncepaw to you once we're done"
        as she spoke, she could just catch troutsplash and leopardtail coming into view, along with a small group of cat's to her left, lead by her good friend, stormgaze. she would love nothing more than to leave her duty to the pair and join him, but someone needed to make sure bouncepaw didn't run off from this important duty, plus bearscar was starting to look a little antsy.
bloodskill

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➵ i ➵ leopardtail ➵

Postby lumos. » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:31 am

L ᴇ ᴏ ᴘ ᴀ ʀ ᴅ ᴛ ᴀ ɪ ʟ ───
          ...RANK:: young elder ..LOCATION:: entering camp ..TAGGED:: troutsplash
            darkness was something he was slowly growing used to, some days it was hard and other days he was able to push past the pain and enter into the living world. in his dreams he could see again; in his nightmares he was attacked by eagles that sent him into a hole of darkness where when he called out no one ever answered and he never seemed to be able to wake from it. almost always after these dreams the healed scars on his face almost seemed to burn with pain for the rest of the day. this morning had been one of those dark days with burning scars - that was until his fellow elder, troutsplash, had approached him asking to go on a walk. leopardtail had wanted to say no at first, not wanting to leave his nest, but knew that wasn't what he needed. so the young tom had forced himself to his paws and joined the other feline.

their walk was long as they made their way through tideclan's territory. leopardtail always enjoyed these walks and today was no different - even if he had woken in pain this morning. they had started taking these walks a few moons ago when leopardtail had first moved into the elders' den. one day he had gone to leave camp while things were quiet, thinking no one would notice - but troutsplash had and came with him. after that they made it a regular occurrence - one tom for his stiff joints and the other for his need to learn how to experience more without his sight. while they would walk, troutsplash would always tell the younger tom stories of his past and leopardtail would listen with rapid attention. he was an adventurous and playful tom so of course, he loved to hear about past adventures. so as they walked over the hills, through the forests and waded shallow streams, troutsplash and leopardtail talked.

as time passed leopardtail could tell that the older elder was slowing down, so he did as well making sure to keep pace with him. with his heightened senses, he could tell they were getting closer to camp again, recognizing the familiar scents of his clanmates being so strong. while they walked, the soft feeling of a tail wrapping around his back surprised him a bit - he still wasn't always used to cats touching him when he couldn't see them but he was getting used to it; especially with doestep and troutsplash. so he easily relaxed to the touch as troutsplash spoke.

"it was no problem troutsplash, i enjoy it greatly." he meowed, "though i should be the one thanking you for getting me out of my nest this morning." as the two cats made their way into camp, leopardtail perked his ears listening to the sounds of his clanmates; curious to what may be happening as they return after such a long walk.
          WORD COUNT:: 485

lumos.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me