D i v i d e d We Fall • [ Semi-Lit Warriors ] • closed

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

D i v i d e d We Fall • [ Semi-Lit Warriors ] • closed

Postby lunar-lynx » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:19 am

A she-cat's muzzle touched lightly to the dirt as she sniffed and parted her jaws, taking in the surrounding scents. The female was alone, searching along dried brush in a vacant clearing for a chance at a meal - something hard to come by lately. The entire area seemed to be evacuated of any other life, excluding the occasional buzzing of an insect. She needed to find food soon, already having gone several days without a significant meal. The clan kits were getting so thin..

The smallest movement of brittle grass made the feline poise her ears, high on alert for the possible grub near by. Her eyes flickered across her line of vision, irises composed of amber flecks within brown ovals. Her pelt mashed together with the scenery, a dusty brown colored body and blacked tipped ears, giving her the perfect advantage to surprise her prey.

Eyes finally locking onto the small vole sitting just to the side of a boulder, her muscles tensed. It wasn't much of a meal, a small snack really, but it was better than starving if she could manage to catch it. Nearly two weeks without a meal left her weak and disoriented, but she kept her wits and concentrated on the potential food as best she could.

Jaw set, she padded quietly closer, paws leaving silent marks behind. Once she was close enough, she moved into a crouching position low to the ground. All at once, the cat thrust her body out, deadly claws extended and landing harshly on the small animal. Several bones could be heard cracking with tiny shrieks of pain until a jaw enclosed itself around the animal's neck and it went limp. Blood gushed into it's brown fur, staining the ground as she pulled her dish away triumphantly. Her teeth quickly sank into the flesh, tearing off a bite and devouring it gratefully. That bite was all she allowed herself, as she knew she needed to get this back to the clan and to the kits, though it gave her the strength she needed.

Another few hours to live.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is a tough time for the Clan cats of Cedar and Marsh. If you read the above, you've probably noted the scarcity of food. Once, the land was teeming with life and prosperity. Now? Now it's quite the opposite. The land is dying. There is drought and the weather is hot and dry. Many prey animals have either moved on or died out. The same has happened with the cats. The clans have been struggling to survive. Some cats have already perished and some have even left the territories. Fights over food frequently break out between the two clans, and even within between clanmates. What will happen to these creatures? Will the clans survive here, or will they die? Will they decide that this just isn't home anymore and go in search of a new territory? Whether they stay or go, they cannot survive without each other. The future is yet unwritten. Will you play a part in it?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Discussion & Form Thread

ALL FORMS ARE TO BE POSTED AT THE ABOVE LINK
Last edited by lunar-lynx on Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
lunar-lynx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

| rules

Postby lunar-lynx » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:19 am

Tess' Rules ; Naturally, they all apply. I shouldn't even have to tell you that.

Literacy ; This is a semi-literate roleplay. I'm not going to be extremely strict on the amount you post as it's been a while since I've RPed myself, but I do expect more than a few measly sentences in a post. Detail, spelling, and grammar are important! Please play in 3rd person.

Forms ; All forms are to be posted on the Discussion & Form Thread. This is found in the first post, but just in case you missed it, here it is again: Discussion & Form Thread

Characters ; Please attempt to keep genders as even as you can. Please don't apply to add multiple warriors to a clan that already has a good bit if the other clan has very few. Don't develop relationships with your own characters, family ties excluded. Meaning don't mate your own characters together. Do not have more characters than you're able to keep up with. Inactive characters will be taken down. It is recommended you have no more than three or four, however I'm not limiting it. Also, on naming your cats, please don't have something that wild cats would never have come up with on their own. Names like "Pillowfluff" or something ridiculous like that will not be accepted.

Posts ; Please attempt to make the post visually appealing to read. Don't post blocks of text, break up your paragraphs. Clearly identify which character the post is for. Add a tag at the beginning or end if another character is mentioned in the post. Please remove signatures from your post to keep the thread more organized-looking and help slower computers to load faster.

OOC Chat ; Keep it to a minimum, please. If it gets past a couple comments back and forth that is not all that related to the RP, take the conversation to PM or the discussion thread. When talking out of character, please make sure to use -[{(brackets)}]- of some sort so no one gets confused.

God-Modding, Power Playing, Gary/Mary Sues ; There is no such thing as a perfect character. There just isn't. You are not able to have the invincible character who can withstand anything, who can walk away from everything unscathed. No one can be on one side of a forest and then just pop up on the other side in a few minutes. No one has a super power. If something like this happens, you will be made to edit your post. This is to be kept realistic.

Quitting and Inactivity ; If you do decide you want to quit or you're going to be inactive for a certain amount of time, TELL US! Please don't just keep us waiting. It is completely understandable if you're unable to post for a while or want to leave, we just need to know so I can keep everything updated and no one is left hanging. Users who are inactive for 2 weeks will be automatically removed from the roleplay.

Drama ; We all love it, but don't go overboard with it. It tends to get boring, repetitive, and it's just a role-play killer. Not everyone can have a kithood sob story. Be original! Every now and then is fine, but definitely keep the drama in character, not OOC.

Respect ; It is expected of you to be respectful and considerate to the other members of the roleplay, me, and any mini-mods should I choose to appoint any. You should all be mature enough to do this and not to argue over childish reasons. If there is a problem, please keep it off the thread and deal with it via PM.

Have Fun! ; That's why we roleplay right? Don't be afraid to message me or post on the discussion, come up with a twist, and make things more interesting!

All rules will be enforced with the appropriate actions,
severity depending on the rule that was broken.
Please don't test me on this, I dislike having to get after people.

Last edited by lunar-lynx on Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:02 am, edited 6 times in total.
lunar-lynx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

| character list

Postby lunar-lynx » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:20 am

Leader ;
                  + minnowstar ;; tom ;; 62 moons ;; ethium
                Deputy ;
                  + wolfstorm ;; tom ;; 48 moons ;; PrincessKitten
                Medicine Cat ;
                  + willowbreeze ;; she-cat ;; 56 moons ;; smol kittten
                Medicine Cat Apprentice ;
                  - not currently available
                Warriors ;
                  + roseshadow ;; she-cat ;; 31 moons ;; PrincessKitten
                  + riverfall ;; she-cat ;; 35 moons ;; snapdragon.
                  + ravenfrost ;; tom ;; 28 moons ;; bow.and.arrow
                Apprentices ;
                  -
                Nursery Queens ;
                  -
                Kits ;
                  + redkit ;; tom ;; 3 moons ;; DiscordTheWolf
                Elders ;
                  + darkclaw ;; tom (NPC)
                  + robinwing ;; tom (NPC)
                Leader ;
                  + emberstar ;; tom ;; 47 moons ;: smol kittten
                Deputy ;
                  + beesplash ;; she-cat ;; 92 moons ;; murphy ;;
                Medicine Cat ;
                  + fallenleaf ;; tom ;; 52 moons ;; The Royal Mirage
                Medicine Cat Apprentice ;
                  + moonpaw ;; she-cat ;; 24 moons ;; snapdragon.
                Warriors ;
                  + waspheart ;; tom ;; 92 moons ;; murphy ;;
                  + morning glory ;; she-cat ;; 52 moons ;; The Royal Mirage
                Apprentices ;
                  + mousepaw ;; she-cat ;; 9 moons ;; PrincessKitten
                Nursery Queens ;
                  -
                Kits ;
                  -
                Elders ;
                  + rabbitfur ;; she-cat (NPC)
Last edited by lunar-lynx on Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:04 am, edited 19 times in total.
lunar-lynx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

| relationships

CedarClan ;
        -
      MarshClan ;
        Mousepaw & Waspheart
    ♥ - mates
    -> - one Likes The Other
    <-> - like Each Other

CedarClan ;
        Riverfall -> Wolfstorm
      MarshClan ;
        -
      Across The Border ;
        -
      CedarClan ;
        -
      MarshClan ;
        Beesplah & Waspheart - littermates
        Fallenleaf & Morning Glory - littermates
      Across The Border ;
        -
Last edited by lunar-lynx on Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:05 am, edited 7 times in total.
lunar-lynx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

| territory & resources

current season ; early leaf-fall

weather ; most days are sunny and hot with the occasional cloud in the sky, very little rainfall, chilly nights

moon phase ; half-moon is approaching, approximately 4 nights away

Please note that prey becomes scarcer in the leaf-bare and during droughts.

Deciduous Forest ;
        Prey: mice (common). shrews (common). squirrels (common). robins (uncommon). blackbirds (uncommon).
        voles (uncommon). chipmunks (uncommon). rabbits (rare).

Predators: foxes (common). snakes (common). badgers (uncommon). owls (uncommon). eagles, hawks (rare).
        dogs (rare). coyotes (rare). bobcats (very rare). wolves (very rare).

Pine Forest ;
        Prey: lizards (common). frogs (common). crows (common). rats (uncommon). finches (rare).

Predators: foxes (common). snakes (uncommon). owls (uncommon). dogs (rare). falcons, hawks (very rare).

Marshes ;
        Prey: frogs (common). small fish (common). water vole (common). mice (uncommon). rabbits (uncommon).
        ducks (rare). muskrats (very rare).

Predators: snakes (common). foxes (uncommon). beavers (uncommon). owls, eagles, hawks (uncommon).
        bobcats (rare). alligators (very rare).

very basic map ; like very basic, I can't draw

the camps ; center of the territories
        CedarClan: The CedarClan camp is located in a sandy ravine, having previously been a riverbed many years ago.
        It is surrounded by brambles. At the edge of the clearing, there is a large tree with many branches.
        The leader sits on top of one of these lower branches when addressing the Clan. The leaders den lies directly below this.
        The remaining dens are laid out in a circle around the edges of the camp, leaving a large clearing in the middle.
        The medicine cat den is next to the leader's den, followed by the nursery and elder's den.
        Next in line is the apprentice's den and the warrior's den, the gorse tunnel entrance lying beside the latter.

MarshClan: The MarshClan camp is situated where the marshland meets the pine forest.
        As far as layout goes, it is very similar to that of CedarClan. The main difference is the type of dens.
        While the dens of Cedar are typically made out of brambles and ferns, those of MarshClan are built out of the reeds that fill their territory.
        Rather than use a tree as a perch during meetings, they use a large pile of rocks. The leader's den is built into these rocks.
        The medicine cat den is just beside that pile, while the remaining dens are circling the edge of camp in an order similar to Cedar's.

the brook ; A small brook runs through the area, serving as a barrier between the two Clans.
        It comes down from the mountains and runs south, continuing on for several miles outside the border marks.
        It has been slowly dwindling in size as the weeks pass by.

the moonpool ; When heading outside the territories following the brook south, you will eventually come across the moonpool.
        Medicine cats travel here at every half-moon to meet with StarClan at moonhigh.
        They will need to leave a good bit before dusk to reach it by moonhigh as it takes a while to travel to.

the gathering cave ; On every full moon, there is a meeting of the two Clans.
        This is known as a gathering and takes place with a truce between all cats.
        These gatherings are held inside a large cave-like structure. This is located by following the brook to the north.
        It is found directly outside the territorial lines on the eastern side of the brook, just a few tree-lengths from the waters edge.

the mountains ; To the north past the forest of pine, a mountain range can be seen in the distance.
        No cat has ventured there and returned.

Last edited by lunar-lynx on Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:47 am, edited 7 times in total.
lunar-lynx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

| just in case

Postby lunar-lynx » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:30 pm

reserved.
lunar-lynx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

--

Postby lunar-lynx » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:05 am

smol bump
lunar-lynx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: D i v i d e d We Fall • [ Semi-Lit Warriors ] • open

Postby The Royal Mirage » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:38 am

A figure crouched, hidden, amongst a sizeable patch of red and green. The intoxicating aroma of the drought-resistant flowers masked the tom's own herbal scent, and hardly any prey took an interest in the tall, waving stalks. Poppy, a medicinal herb that proved its usefulness time and time again, surrounded Fallenleaf, encompassing him entirely and shielding him from the split horizon. He had picked a few stalks with heavy pods on their ends, though the pile lay beside him for now. With a trained and careful incision, the tabby sliced into a heavy pod, feeling the plant's nectar against his fur, and pushed aside the tough exterior to reveal thousands of tiny black seeds. Perfectly ripe, if only other herbs could withstand this drought the way glorious poppy does! he thought, licking the stray nectar from his claw and tucking the stalk back into his pile. Picking up the bundled stalks of the flower pods in his teeth, the medicine cat flicked his stumpy tail and started the trek back to camp.

((Just a quick intro post for now, I've gotta pack up and get home - I'm open for Fallenleaf to run into anyone on his way back to camp! I'll post for Morning Glory when I can as well))
Deviantart, Flight Rising, Divided We Stand, WME Challenge
I'm not the babysitter...
I'm SPIDERMAN!
The Royal Mirage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 001. minnowstar.

Postby ethium » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:19 pm

MINNOWSTAR.
    rank // clan leader // gender // cismale // breed // blue ticked tabby // mate // jackdawstrike [npc] // tagged // open

xxxxx the cedarclan leader lay nestled in his den below the great oak tree from which he gave announcements. Though he was still as he slept, except for the occasional twitch of his ticked tail his dream was filled with motion. It began as most dreams of his did, he would stalk silently through the brush. Within a territory that he did not recognize for it was filled with thick fir trees and the air was damp with oncoming rain. Minnowstar knew rain was in short supply, oh what he would do for a few drops of rain now. His clan needed it more than ever.. His jaws parted as he inhaled the fresh scent of a skittering shrew and promptly gave chase. Twisting and winding, the scent trail led through the forest and switched so many times minnowstar lost track of how many times he had to turn. It was quite suddenly that the cedarclan leader finally brought himself to gaze around at his surroundings. His eyes widened as he gazed before him. jackdawstrike, a beautiful black tabby she-cat who glistened with the light of starclan stood with eyes as round and bright as the moon itself. "jackdawstrike.." he muttered and took a hesitant step forward, hope fluttering like millions of butterflies in his olive eyes. The she-cat smiled and stepped forward pressing a scentless nose to his. Minnowstar relished the moment and it felt like it was far too soon as she pulled away. "my love," she greeted her coat glittering in the suddenly faded morning light."I've brought to you a warning," she spoke her voice growing serious. Minnowstar dipped his head and pricked his ears, knowing the time to listen was now, and the time of emotion was later. "the forest is suffering minnowstar, and so is your clan. If rain does not bless the forest soon, your cats will die." his eyes widened, this was the news he was dreading. "tensions are rising minnowstar, and if you don't neutralize the threat of marshclan then you will certainly start a war you cannot win." the cedarclan dipped his head before his deceased mate. "how will I know what to do when the time comes? Without you to guide me?" his voice was thick with grief as he met gazes with jackdawstrike. "oh minnowstar," she cooed stepping forward and pressing her empty coat against him in one last embrace. "you will know when the time comes, echostar was right to choose you as deputy, i have full faith in my leader and my mate." Jackdawstrike purred and pulled away leaving Minnowstar feeling hollow as the warmth she had once filled him with spilled out of him. "I love you minnowstar." Jackdawstrike dipped her head and slowly her star dusted form faded and with that the clan leader jerked awake. Gasping unsaid words still on his tongue, minnowstar bent his head to lick his chest fur flat his deceased mate's words still ringing in his ears. Sighing, the clan leader began picking moss from his ruffled coat before rising and exiting his den. His olive eyes scanned the camp's clearing. It was true, the clan was painfully short on warriors and they had enough to take care of as they were. Food was scarce and even scarcer was water. He seated himself outside his den waiting patiently.
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: D i v i d e d We Fall • [ Semi-Lit Warriors ] • open

Postby ghostie.. » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:30 pm

moonpaw | rank: marshclan medicine cat apprentice | location: marshclan territory | tagged: fallenleaf
    Moonpaw hesitated at the entrance of the camp, shifting nervously from side to side as she glanced around the open camp. It was barren here; most of the cats either out hunting or resting, trying to preserve what little strength they had left. The prey pile was dwindling to the point of non-existence, and with Fallenleaf our collecting herbs, it left her with nothing to do but worry about her clanmates. Even as old as she was, she was still an apprentice, and because of it, she was one of the first the warriors fed despite her best efforts to assure them she could go a day or two without food, that they, too, needed to eat to keep up their strength. Her gaze slid back over to the main entrance, a small, thoughtful frown on her expression as she hesitated.

She knew, of course, that she shouldn't leave camp without a warrior, or without Fallenleaf. But of course, she also knew that she really shouldn't be hunting at all; she'd only been given the most basic lessons from Fallenleaf, but she also knew that she couldn't just sit around and do nothing while her clan starved around her. Frowning deeper as she gathered her resolve, the small she-cat darted out of camp as soon as the coast was clear, running on light paws down the used path that lead to their typical hunting grounds.

Leaping over a branch that had fallen into the path, the young she-cat smashed straight into a warm, furry body. Flopping backwards onto her rear, she looked up straight into the eyes of her mentor. Oh Starclan. Her ears slowly flattened backwards, smiling helpelessly, every bit the caught apprentice she was.

"Fallenleaf! I.. was just looking for you!" She declared, trying not to cringe at how obvious the lie was even to her own ears, "I was just.. thinking that we should find some poppy seeds." It was then she noticed the bundle hanging from his jaw, closing her eyes briefly in a quick expression of regret. He was going to chew her out for sure.
ghostie..

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me