Cσηqυєяιηg тнє ι∂ιтαяσ∂ ( A Sled Dog RP) Accepting!

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Anastasia | 2

Postby maplefoxie » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:43 pm

╒════════════════╕
xxxName - Anatasia
xxxGender - Female
xxxAge - 4 years
xxxPosition - Right Lead dog
xxxLocation - Ceremonial start
xxxTagged - Comanche

╘════════════════╛

If the light clicking of the harnesses didn't catch her attention, it was either Desoto's cry of encouragement or Ally's sharp whistle. Anastasia took one last gaze at Anchorage, the location of which they were starting from, before slowly and cautiously trotting over to her position beside Comanche as she patiently waited for the soft click that to her signified, 'Calm down, get ready'. She took another glance at the large crowd that was currently cheering with loud whistles and cheers that were supposed to be of encouragement, rather than the slowly increasing pressure that she was getting.

After a satisfying click that confirmed the fact she was hooked up to the sled and a comforting rub around the fur on her neck, Anastasia glanced back at the track with icy eyes as she tried to think. The Iditarod was such a long race, she would have to save her stamina to be able to hold a steady pace. Taking a quick glance at the younger lead dog beside her she asked, "Almost 1,000 miles in total... How are you feeling Comanche?" Anastasia used her full name in an attempt to comfort the other dog, "Are you nervous? I mean, I've been trying to hide how much pressure this race is putting on me, but I have a feeling they've noticed." She took another glance back at the team as she said those words.

At this point, the only goal that Anastasia had set for herself was don't make a mistake, which was hard enough as it was, especially with all the pressure. Maybe she would calm down as soon as the team set off for the 11-mile sprint to the next checkpoint, the race through the snow always seemed to take her mind off the spectators watching. Then again, she was nervous despite the fact that she's been a lead dog for at least a year for Ally.
maplefoxie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Faraday [2]

Postby avicularia » Tue May 01, 2018 1:24 am

FARADAY
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

male || six years old || tagged; tobias

Faraday's ears were abuzz with all the sounds as he tried to take in everything at once, all while forcing himself to remain in a stiff sitting position, as if he might get up at any moment and start another outburst. All of his energy went into his tail, which was wagging at a speed unmatched, though the thing did seem to have a constant movement in it even on regular days.

Eventually, his partner was hooked beside him. Here was the dog he would spend the next thousand miles shoulder to shoulder with. Tobias was a gruff dog, and Faraday couldn't blame him. He'd heard about the unfortunate past, moving from home to home. How could anyone remain stable when their surroundings weren't? Through the work they put in together, however, they'd formed an important understanding of each other. Faraday would have picked no other dog to be beside him. Tobias was skilled, focused, and did his job without complaint. And Faraday could match him step for step.

Tobias's comment got the older male back on his feet, assuming a play bow and sending up another series of raucous barks before remembering Ally. He took a glance behind him at her as he sat down. "I just want to run!" he said enthusiastically. "This part always takes so long." Thinking of the future, he scooted forward and felt the pressure of the harness against his chest again. "What are you looking forward to the most, Tobias?" All of these dogs wanted to run, but most of them had a different reason for doing it. Most of them lived for winning; Faraday loved the feeling of the wind in his ears, the snow under his feet, and the sound of the dogs panting around him.
avicularia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Anticipating The Start

Postby AlyKay » Tue May 01, 2018 3:09 am

𝒪𝓁𝓌𝑒𝓃
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━
Team Dog
Fea
5 years
Tagged: The Team

━━━━━

Today was the first day of twelve that the team of ten would suffer and Olwen wondered what would break first. Their spirits or their bodies. This was to be her first Iditarod and she wasn’t the only newbie on the team. But that didn’t faze her. Before this, she had ran with a bunch of sepplas that didn’t seem to know when to stop. Needless to say that team had drilled endurance and drive into the sprinter's body. If she had even thought about giving up they probably would have drug her. Bunch of bird-brained dogs, she chuckled.

Jogging slowly through the crowd, her head was held proudly as her spine tingled with excitement, she was feeding off the energy of the joyful people. Her ears swiveled carefully as she could hear Faraday’s anxious barks, and then possibly the grizzled voice of Desoto. Still, her pace remained slow and even as she left the crowd and headed towards the team. She was late, but in no rush, it was most likely that Anastasia wasn’t even hooked yet… “
Good morning everyone.” She barked as she found her spot on the line. It wasn't too hard to miss, considering Faraday and Tobias were already in place and ready to go.

The pied female's tail wagged from side to side as Ally hooked her to the line and gave her a loving pat on the head. Easing back onto her haunches Olwen surveyed the team. There was quite a mix of emotions today, sort of like a bag of Chex Mix. Comanche seemed on edge as well as Anastasia.
Which surprised her, usually Anastasia was the last to be hooked, which meant Olwen was late today. Faraday was ready to GO, Desoto was himself. Playing around in the snow which Olwen couldn’t help but smile at. She wasn’t so sure about Tobias, he seemed to be holding himself together quite well, and Takaani surely looked unamused. Olwen sighed, this whole race could turn out to be a big mess. Fresh lead dogs didn’t seem too wise on Ally’s part, but she had faith in this team. At least faith that they could make it out of this alive. Standing up the team dog took the time to delicately stretch each limb on her body before bowing down and stretching her back. How nice it felt as her muscles pulled and tightened, stretching out. Now if they could only get this show on the road.

AlyKay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Cσηqυєяιηg тнє ι∂ιтαяσ∂ ( A Sled Dog RP) Accepting!

Postby Kailani » Tue May 01, 2018 1:44 pm

Comanche wrote:Female:: 3 years
Left Lead:: Tagged: Ana
Ceremonial Start

“Can it you old fool, it’s time to get serious.” Comanche didn’t even bother to look at Desoto as she scolded him from her place beside Ana, a little miffed that none of her other teammates tried to curb him. They figured that with his age and experience he automatically deserved their respect, and his 'charming' personality made him lovable to most. Well Chi was having none of it. You had to earn her respect and it didn't come easy, she didn't hand it out willy nilly. In the time that Comanche had known Desoto, which was essentially her whole life, she had never seen him be 100% serious for more than thirty minutes. Chi just couldn't stand his goofy personality and it grated on her nerves when her other teammates encouraged that behavior. If Chi was being completely honest she saw Desoto as a liability out on the trail, he was constantly distracting the others and sooner or later it would result in a disaster, she was sure of it.

Ana’s question snapped her out of her thoughts. Chi spared her a glance, hoping that she wasn’t showing just how jittery she really was.

“I’m...fine. Just...thinking strategy.” Though Comanche’s posture was confidant her words were a bit shaky. Now that the team was all hooked up the line were like a divining rod for all of her teammate’s feelings. Comanche was glad that Ally had drawn the 4th slot this year, she wanted to get started as soon as possible. While Chi took a few deep breaths to calm her racing heart a last minute thought popped into her head. She whirled back around to face Ana.

“Watch Faraday on take off, he’s wound tight today and if he doesn’t start on pace we’ll just waste time trying to get back in sync.” Chi was sure Ana knew this already the words spilled from the husky’s mouth, she was babbling a bit but everything had to go right for this race.
Kailani

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kailani » Tue May 01, 2018 2:16 pm

Desoto wrote:Male:: 6 years
Right Wheel:: Tagged: Takaani
Ceremonial Start

It was hard for Desoto to contain himself but he forced himself to stop wiggling around long enough for Ally to get him hooked up to the line. He gave Takaani a wide smile his tail wagging lazily. He oped to nix giving Comanche a verbal response, he figured she’d just appreciate his silence.

“The girls do look rather squirrelly. What do they have to be worried about, anyways? We’re the one’s that’ve gotta bear the brunt of the weight.” Desoto whispered to his partner. Before he could say anything else the command from Ally made a rush of fresh excitement wash over him. It was finally their turn, whether his teammates were ready or not it was showtime. Desoto sobered up quickly as Ally made her final check before stepping up onto the runners. The malamute’s ears swiveled back as he waited to hear his favorite command.
Last edited by Kailani on Wed May 02, 2018 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kailani

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Monovul » Tue May 01, 2018 4:06 pm

~ Ophelia ~
Female | 4 yrs | Team dog | Tagged;

If she could have seen into the future being a sled dog was the last thing she imagined she would end up doing. Racing for weeks in the cold wet snow to get injured or not even win a medal, and yet here she was intrigued with the thought of creating memories with a team that held personalities you would assume wouldn't work well together. The old man was always quite fond of watching these races, dropped everything to watch the take offs each year, but for her to have the opportunity to do something he loved was a blessing in its own. In the days of her training, she used the memory of him to carry on alongside her teammates even if they had no clue as to why she ran; some days she'd be one of the earliest up to try and increase her speed.

Being surrounded by energetic an queasy vibes she couldn't help but be excited in her own way as Ally checked everything. Closing her eyes she could hear the hollering of the crowd, and the growing anticipation in the dogs around her; becoming a bit impatient shifting her front paws around slightly. Ophelia opened her eyes as she heard Ally get into position, following suit by standing up, and not long after came the amazing command every sled dog loved to hear to begin on their run.
Last edited by Monovul on Tue May 01, 2018 6:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Monovul

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Tobias | Two

Postby alphatoros » Tue May 01, 2018 4:09 pm

T O B I A S
male | four years | swing dog | location: ceremonial start | mentions: - | tags: faraday
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Tobias jumped slightly at the speed at which his partner jumped to his feet, then began silently chuckling at Faraday's enthusiasm. He couldn't hide his amusement when the swing dog managed to sit himself back down with obvious effort. Toby had fully expected Faraday to act this way before the race, he had an upbeat personality that always managed to shine, even during training. It was reassuring in an odd way, no matter who won the race this peppy creature would still be there, his same old self.
"What am I looking forward to most?" Tobias repeated, considering the question and turning to look at the track ahead, "I would have to say the wilderness itself. The smells, the creatures, the freedom... it probably sounds a little silly."

He turned back to face his companion to say something else when he spotted Ally begin walking towards the sled. "I think it's time. Lets do this." He said encouragingly, all his amusement morphing into a serious demeanour. The musher yelled "Line out!" to command the lead dogs to pull the team out straight from the sled to check the hooking. Tobias walked forward a little with the rest of his team, so Ally could hook up any last dogs and ensure everyone was connected to the sled. Once she was certain, she walked back to the sled and adjusted some things. When everything was ready, she yelled "Lets go! Hike!"

The command to run was like a gun going off inside Tobias. All the energy he had burst out of him for the sprint, and the elation he felt as the snow crunched under his paws was a feeling he would never forget. The Iditarod had begun.
alphatoros

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby purpleglitter » Tue May 01, 2018 5:58 pm

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Takaani

[ female ] [ five yrs ] [ wheel dog ] [ location; starting line ] [ tags; desoto, comanche(mentioned) ]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

At Comache's snappy comment, it took a great deal of willpower for Takaani not to retort with an agitated snarl. Bah! What an ignorant and spoiled little brat to talk to her teammates like that. Boy that youngster would have an extremely rude awakening if she thought that acting so rudely was going to get her anywhere as a lead dog. She gave an irritated snort, tossing her head back as she held her tongue for the sake of the start of the race. They'd all be stuck together like it or not for the next several days, and if today so far was anything to go by, things wouldn't end well for communication and teamwork between them.

At Desoto's response to her earlier comment, she gave an amused huff. "Hmph, no kidding. You would think they'd be more prepared than a couple of antsy pups" she said and she settled in her spot in line. A pat on the head from Ally and things looked like they were finally getting ready to go. Takaani stood at the harness, leaning forward and waiting for the call to run, waiting for the call to put anything and everything she had into what she loved to do most. At the word 'Hike!' she immediately leapt forward enough to help get the sled going, careful to not give in too much to pull the line off course or the sled off balance. This was it, and she was itching to feel the wind in her fur and the snow crunch beneath her paws with every step she took. The weight and anxiety of the noise was lifted, and in the moment she wasn't thinking of anything more than to just run.
purpleglitter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Anastasia | 3

Postby maplefoxie » Tue May 01, 2018 6:06 pm

╒════════════════╕
xxxName - Anatasia
xxxGender - Female
xxxAge - 4 years
xxxPosition - Right Lead dog
xxxLocation - Starting
xxxTagged - Comanche

╘════════════════╛

Anastasia nodded, the pacing was important, hopefully she would able pace herself properly for this race. She thought back to a few shorter practice runs the team did, pacing herself wasn't her strong point, so she could only hope she would get the pacing right the proper time. Though the first leg was a sprint, she did have to take into account the other 900 or so miles. She barely noticed Ally hopping on the sledge causing her to stand up, as well as tense up considerably. She knew the drill, at the first command, she pulled the line out completely, as so did Chi, the starting command came just moments after.

Almost instantaneously she shot forward, the instincts of a sled dog springing into action as she started the race toward their destination at full speed mainly on instinct but also to stretch out the line even further, before moving herself slightly to align better with Comanche and help sort the pace out, or tried to anyway, pacing wasn't easy for her. "And I guess we should watch our own paces as well, we are the lead dogs... The first leg is only 11 miles," let's hope this doesn't go terribly... She asked after finally being able to form words with adrenaline in her veins, but still having enough caution to leave the other words unsaid.

Then again, she could only hope that almost a full year of practice had prepared her properly for the race of her career.
maplefoxie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

And We're Off!!

Postby AlyKay » Wed May 02, 2018 3:50 am

𝒪𝓁𝓌𝑒𝓃

━━━━━
Left Team Dog
Fea
5 years
Tagged: Memtions Ophelia

━━━━━

Olwens ears flattened as Comache scolded the older wheel dog. Almost suddenly her vibe was killed, how rude she thought. Some dogs just didn't respect those older than them. Desoto may of been childish in his actions, but Olwen would never use such language with him. Maybe one day someone would put Comanche in her place.

The countdown had begun as the dogs moved forward to tighten the line, Olwen's eyes left the safety of the crowd as she stared out into the wild blue yonder. She could feel the harness tighten against her chest, pulling her backward. Leaning into the pressure she stood ready to lurch forward, her paws tingled with excitement as all slack left the line. And then everything around her went silent, the screaming from the crowd left, the mumble of the team around her was muted as she waited, anticipating the words.

"Hike"
A joyful bark escaped the females jowls as she pulled against the harness, their paws dug into the snow as their powerful haunches propelled them forward in an attempt to move the sled. It always seemed that the first shove was the hardest. With that, they were off, all attempting to work in unison as Comanche and Anastasia set the pace.
Olwen glanced over at Ophelia to make sure her partner in crime was doing okay. Olwen was trying her best not to
crowd the other team dog out and stay on her side of the line.

AlyKay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me