╭ ✦. nevermore | a dog rp | closed!

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

╭ ✦. nevermore | a dog rp | closed!

Postby deftonesly » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:33 am

human nature is this: build, thrive, destroy, repeat. it is a cycle━a circle that, without interruption, will never cease. it is also human nature to acquire tasteless traits: greed, the need for power, ignorance. within these traits are those who suffer at their consequences. some will escape the grasp of cruelty dealt by the human hand, but most, you see, are not that fortunate. the human world has crumbled━and that is simply not acceptable.

six dogs, all from different walks of life, have been alleviated of their homes, their loved ones. their task is unknown amongst themselves, but something simply does not feel right. what these victims do not comprehend may be better left unsaid. in a war to end all wars, the remnants of america have devised a plan: send in willing participants to the area occupied by their enemies and watch the hell unfold. for you see, these dogs have a secret━these dogs are bearing unremovable collars that carry a most deadly disease: tuberculosis. super-charged by a fellow that happened to work with the cdc, these stiff leather bindings carry the final blow.

at the crack of dawn these dogs will be air-dropped in what was previously known as nevada. scare tactics and other means will be used to push the animals inward and in the direction of the bunker in which the mass of the opposing forces wait. it is in high hopes that at least one of these dogs make it to the shelter. upon contact with enemy forces━as the collars are also embedded with cameras━the tuberculosis will be released, transferred then by air and contact through touch. as a final touch, should the dogs fail, drift away from the desired path, or other circumstances permit, one canine has been installed with a separate collar: an explosive. all members within a half mile will be endangered.

it is up to these dogs to be the last hope of the retaliation.

however, as human nature also includes: failure may be immenant.
Last edited by deftonesly on Wed May 06, 2020 10:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
deftonesly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

╭ ✦. the rules.

Postby deftonesly » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:35 am

follow all of tess's roleplay rules. read them here.
be active. if you do not post after ten days of being absent, you will be removed.
notify me if you are taking an extended absence.
there are limited spots to this roleplay, so please be sure to contact me through pm. reservations last for 48 hours━i expect at least some basics and a fc to be up by then.
pretty up your form and posts. and no bright, annoying, flashy neon colors, either!
there is no set amount i want you to write. if you can do two solid paragraphs, we won't have an issue. just don't be lazy and don't complain that "you're not literate"! do your best.
be realistic. don't have your dogs develop crushes on one another in a day.
drama is encouraged. but please message me about anything major you have in mind.
typos can be excused, as long as they are not too excessive and i can understand you.
keep everything appropriate. no excessively violent deaths ; no suicide ; no cursing.
be aware of the season and time of day before posting. it is very important!
all sexualities and genders of the dogs are welcome. its nice to have diversity!
no ooc whatsoever on this thread. save it for discussion, please.
no power-playing or god-modding. we don't want any control freaks here.
don't be rude, don't argue, and try not to leave anyone out!
disable your signature both on here and the discussion thread.
and, of course, don't forget to have fun!!!

Last edited by deftonesly on Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
deftonesly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

╭ ✦. the cast. | 6/6

Postby deftonesly » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:41 am

the dauntless . judah . livinglethal
this dog is nothing but fearless. no one can stop them from saving the world. be it a rock, a twig, or a fellow canine━perhaps even a cat, but don't tell anyone━they're always there. this dog may be seen as naive by some. but will that stop them?

the languished . tesla . antumbra
they're so lost, it isn't even funny. taken from somewhere━somewhere lovely and safe━this dog is estranged and heartbroken. they can't possibly help, can they? what good is a dog without his master, his home . . . his heart?

the tenacious . polaris . love my way
this dog is going to make it through. rain, sleet, snow, or hell, they'll keep keeping on. this dog is somewhat of a leader━but he needn't use that to his power. he believes in togetherness, for with togetherness, there is strength.

the ambivalent . althea . lovestruck
no one is even sure if this dog can speak. but fret not, for their words are stored in their chest. ever observant, this dog would be better off as a hawk. you think no one is watching? think again. because they are.

the clay . bran . airen
young and inexperienced, this dog needs a mentor. they have one valuable thing to give: unconditional and honest love. beware, though, as young as they are━they are moldable. what you do, they do. ( *this dog also has the bomb in its collar* )

the barbarous . mateo . fiji
no one knows what happened to this dog in its life before they were selected as one of the six━but no one particularly wants to. barbaric in word and ways, it's hard telling what will set this canine off.
Last edited by deftonesly on Wed May 06, 2020 10:23 am, edited 12 times in total.
deftonesly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

╭ ✦. important information.

Postby deftonesly » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:43 am

where does this all take place? how did the dogs wind up here?
these pooches have been dropped off in what was once known as nevada, before the nuclear war that rocked the united states. the roleplay will start off with the six canines locked up in cages inside the belly of a helicopter; they are air-dropped at the crack of dawn into the desert.

what is the dogs' objective?
to cross over the many mountain ranges and canyons that stand in their way of the enemy. once they are in the enemy's headquarters, the tuberculosis will be released.

what will the dogs likely be doing within the roleplay's first few pages?
it is advised that they group together and try to figure out what is going on; a leader may be forced to emerge, soothe nerves. the six will probably be forced to find shelter as the day warms up.

time of day?
as stated above, it is the crack of dawn. it is still very dark, but the faint light of the sun is creeping across the horizon.

temperatures and weather?
when nevermore kicks off, the weather will be moderate, the temperatures chilly. there will be no clouds as far as the eye can see. this will soon change once the helicopter leaves and the day wears on; it will become increasingly sweltering. the desert is freezing cold at night and boiling hot in the day, so keep that in mind. prepare your dogs for raw paws, heat exhaustion, and mirages . . but also frigid nights with little to no shelter from the wind.

season and approximate month?
the season is in change, currently. spring is morphing into summer. you could say that the month is toward the end of may / beginning of june.
deftonesly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

╭ ✦. listen to their paws, thundering o'er the sand!

Postby deftonesly » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:51 am

O P E N
⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
[ discussion thread ]

Last bumped by deftonesly on Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:51 am.
deftonesly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me