๐ฆ๐š๐ ๐ข๐œ ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฎ๐ง๐๐š๐ง๐ž (holiday fantasy OPEN)

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

๐ฆ๐š๐ ๐ข๐œ ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฎ๐ง๐๐š๐ง๐ž (holiday fantasy OPEN)

Postby Stargazer3000 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:55 pm

x
x
x
x

โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚

โœง
โœง
โœง
โœง
โœง
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
x
    In another world, another realm, another time
    and place entirely, something is going terribly
    wrong. Everwinter is a port city - a place where
    thousands of beings get sent from one realm to
    the next. Patrons pay their coin, state their
    destination, step into a port door, and like a
    flash get to where they're going. But for a
    handful of unlucky visitors, their doors have
    taken them somewhere entirely wrong - a
    world they've never been to before. A world
    with no familiar faces. A world with no way
    home. A world with no magic.
    Snowfell has always been...magical. Far enough
    north for auroras to light up the sky, the tiny ski
    town lays nestled in a valley beneath towering
    mountains, surrounded by miles of unkempt
    forest. Its population is small, close-knit, and
    fiercely protective of their home. But in the
    holiday months the town swells, inundated with
    tourists looking for a taste of winter magic.
    Thanks to a trick of the fates, a misaligning of
    the stars, or simple bad luck, some of the
    'tourists' this year are decidedly less mundane,
    less human.
โ”‚
โœง
โœง
โœง
โœง
โœง
โ”‚

As a winter storm bears down on Snowfell blocking the train tracks that carry people to and from the town,
    everyone is about to be stranded. Strangers must become friends and forge unlikely connections - there's
    skills to be learned, stories to be shared, bridges to be built, and a town to save. And maybe, just maybe,
    everyone is precisely where they're meant to be.
โ”‚
โ”‚

โœง
โœง
โœง
โœง
โœง
โ”‚
โ”‚

โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
โ”Œโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
x
Discussion Thread
Open/Closed
rulesโ”‚theme
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚

โ””โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”˜
Last edited by Stargazer3000 on Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stargazer3000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

๐ซ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ + ๐ข๐ง๐Ÿ๐จ

Postby Stargazer3000 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:17 pm

x
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚

โœง
โœง
โœง
โœง
โœง
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
    โœฆ Please follow all of
    nick + tess' rules here
    โœฆ Only one char per
    RPer to start! *I'm
    happy to talk about
    adding more - pm me
    โœฆ Send reservations
    over PM and have
    your form up within
    48hrs on the discussion
    โœฆ Discord will be
โ”Œโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
x
    I will always, always be
    down to have more peeps
    join, regardless of where
    we are or how much has
    been written, or what
    character slots have been
    filled; so if you're really
    interested or have any
    questions, just PM me -
    we'll work something out!
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚

โ””โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”˜
c
    heavily used, so I
    recommend having an
    account!
    โœฆ No chars under 18
    โœฆ While this is
    a semi/lit roleplay, I'm not
    expecting a full essay -
    min of two paragraphs
    โœฆ Try to keep the
    gender rep and the char
    groups somewhat even
    โœฆ I reserve the right
    to not admit folks
    โœฆ This rp is pretty open-
    ended by nature, but
    if you're making a
    fantasy character
    you're unsure about,
    please just shoot me
    a PM.
    โœฆ Please let me
    know if you have any
    questions or ideas, and
    have fun!
    โœฆ We will be starting on
    the night that the realms
    first mix - Snowfell is in
    the midst of a holiday
    faire and the weather is
    just starting to take a turn
    for the worst.
    โœฆ There will be a map in the
    discord with more specific
    details, but for anyone who
    doesn't have a discord/want
    to make one:
    xxxxโœฆ Snowfell is a skiing town,
    which is what attracts the
    majority of the tourists
    xxxxโœฆThere are roads into town,
    but because upkeeping them is
    difficult, almost everyone
    relies on the train that runs up
    from the closest city
    xxxxโœฆ The town is close to a large
    lake which ices over in the winter
    โœฆ There are plenty of
    conflicts at any given time
    in the magic relms, but the
    main conflicts of note are
c
    territory disputes between
    Faekin and Daemons - some
    are more involved than
    others but bad blood can be
    expected between the groups
    โœฆ Any magic items or abilities
    have ceased to function once
    they crossed the portal
    thresholds
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚

โœง
โœง
โœง
โœง
โœง
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
Last edited by Stargazer3000 on Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stargazer3000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

๐ฆ๐ฎ๐ง๐๐š๐ง๐ž + ๐ฆ๐š๐ ๐ข๐œ

Postby Stargazer3000 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:40 pm

โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚

โœง
โœง
โœง
โœง
โœง
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
๐‹๐จ๐œ๐š๐ฅ๐ฌ
    Year round residents of Snowfell are
    few and far between, but they know
    each other like the back of their
    hands. Each plays a roll in keeping
    their community alive, be it as
    teachers, farmers, book keeps or
    bakers.
๐•๐ข๐ฌ๐ข๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ฌ
    People are drawn to Snowfell for
    countless reasons, and the lucky ones
    who make it all the way into the
    wilderness wouldn't do so without
    good reason. Whether they're running
    to or from something is their own
    business.

Image*
๐…๐š๐ž๐ค๐ข๐ง
    Many manner of creature can be faekin
    - associated with nature and the wild,
    they count the fae, shifters,
    werewolves, nymphs, and more among
    their rank. Most are identifiable by
    animal-like features.
๐ƒ๐ž๐š๐ฆ๐จ๐ง๐ฌ
    A wily bunch, daemons are
    associated with darker, more unnatural
    magics and are known for constant
    internal stuggles for power amongst
    their people. Their ranks are filled
    with the vampire, seraphim, dragonborn,
    orc, and more.
    *if you have a fantasy character/race in mind that you would like
    to write, but are unsure of where they might fit, please feel free to
    reach out to me! I'm just trying to have a fun fantasy holiday vibe
    so I'm open to pretty much anything
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚

โœง
โœง
โœง
โœง
โœง
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
x
x

๐ก๐š๐ซ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ
    user hills
    age 24
    role journalist
    adtl notes
x
x
๐ฏ๐š๐ง๐ฒ๐š
    user star
    age 28
    role photographer
    adtl notes

x
x

๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐ค๐š
    user hills
    age 27
    role
    adtl notes

๐ข๐ฅ๐ข๐จ๐ง
    user star
    age 31
    role rogue
    adtl notes
x
x

๐ž๐ฅ๐ฐ๐ข๐ง
    user idky
    age 27
    role teacher
    adtl notes
x
x
๐•๐ข๐ฌ๐ข๐ญ๐จ๐ซ
    user guh-huh!
    adtl notes

x
x

๐ซ๐š๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ
    user Angel
    age 29
    role bookeep
    adtl notes

๐ค๐š๐ฅ
    user blue
    age 26
    role
    adtl notes

โ–ˆโ–ˆ
โ–ˆโ–ˆ
โ–ˆโ–ˆ
โ–ˆโ–ˆ
โ–ˆโ–ˆ
โ–ˆโ–ˆ
โ–ˆโ–ˆ
โ–ˆโ–ˆ
Last edited by Stargazer3000 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stargazer3000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

๐ฏ โœง

Postby Stargazer3000 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:09 pm

๐ฏ๐š๐ง๐ฒ๐š
tagged none | mentioned | location outskirts of Snowfell
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
    The soft snick of the camera shutter clicking closed broke the frigid silence that hung over the valley - yet despite the interruption, the air itself seemed to pause as the arctic fox stood stock still, frosted ears swiveling to locate the source of the sound. Concealed from its gaze by the steadily stretching shadow of the pines, Vanyaโ€™s chest was beginning to burn as she fought against the inevitable intake of air that promised to well and truly break the silence. But the ache to preserve the moment, to cling onto the most ephemeral of sightings, burned with an unmatched intensity; and so she waited. Eyes watering, heart racing, flooded with a warmth of exhilaration, of conquest, Vanya couldnโ€™t tear her gaze away from the subject that she had waited days to capture.

She wished to stay here in this moment, this feeling, but nature never did care for Vanyaโ€™s wishes, so she couldnโ€™t find it in herself to be surprised when elsewhere in the thicket a twig snapped and in a blink the arctic fox was gone.

Vanya exhaled.

Had it been another in her place in the pine thicket, they might have ached, might have felt the pinch of cold turning her nose and cheeks a rosy red, but if she felt these unpleasantries, Vanya paid them no mind. She didnโ€™t linger in the sorrow of having lost her subject either, simply set about packing her gear with route, practiced movements. The shadows had grown long after all, and she was eager to see the results of her labor.

The return trek to Snowfell was always long, but today Vanyaโ€™s every movement dragged. Exhaustion or distraction, it didnโ€™t matter which slowed her, but by the time the lights of Snowfell beat back the encroaching shadows that encircled her like a shroud, the sun had fully slunk behind the mountain peaks. Sounds carried by the crisp winter air brought Vanya out of her reveries and planning for tomorrowโ€™s outing - laughter and chatter, music and carols.

โ€œThe market,โ€ Vanya murmured to herself, memories from a brief conversation with an overly talkative baker filtering back to her, spurred on by the additional scent of baked goods wafting through the air. Heโ€™d mentioned it in passing, so briefly she was surprised to have remembered it at all - a winter market, a favorite of locals and visitors alike. Cheery and bright, filled with activities and kind new faces.

Her skin crawled.

Vanya turned away from the noise, towards the direction of her inn, located on the outskirts of the town. By now, the rolling, wild hills had given way to hard-packed streets of snow, and Vanyaโ€™s pace picked up with the thought of a warm bath, a quick meal, and the chance to review her shots from that afternoon.

As she turned down a narrow alley that led to the back door of the inn Vanya felt the noise before she heard it - a humming in her bones drawing her to a sudden halt. It seemed to come from everywhere and nowhere all at once - like hundreds of bells whispering, tinkling in a light wind. Not a crashing cacophony of noise but thousands of delicate murmurs, making the hair on the back of her neck stand on end. Vanya stilled, eyes darting about to find the source of the sound. Her hands clutched the straps of her bag tight as that humming intensified, then just as quickly as it had come, it dissipated like the steamy breath slipping out from between her lips.

Vanya stood frozen, waiting for that next exhale.
Stargazer3000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

๐ข โœง

Postby Stargazer3000 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:16 pm

๐ข๐ฅ๐ข๐จ๐ง
tagged none | mentioned | location Everwinter, somewhere in Snowfell
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
    x
    Ilion exhaled, slow and steady, pushing the air out between his teeth. Port travel had a trick to it, one he'd discovered years back. The first five trips heโ€™d taken had been brutal ones, and heโ€™d never failed to lose his lunch each and every time, but Ilion learned quickly enough that the ports would take anything from you that they could, they found a loose thread in you and pulled - the usual price for magic. The trick was to simply have nothing left inside for them to take.

Standing now, focusing on pushing all the air out of his lungs - if only to save the last of his clean tunics - Ilion eyed the port. The door frame was simple enough, rustic even, paint chipped off in places and beginning to sag in the upper right corner from what looked like water damage. But it was what was inside the frame that the rogue strained to focus on. Colors swirled in the open port, ever shifting from one hue to the next in a dazzling, albeit slightly nauseating, array of shades. Dashes of light danced among the colors, blinking in and out with frustrating irregularity.

Ilionโ€™s tail swayed from side to side as he considered the blinking lights of the port, tracing the path of as many as his eyes could handle before he was forced to glance away, pushing the last of the air out from between his lips as he did so. He wondered, not for the first time, if the ports were difficult to observe on purpose, perhaps as a deterrent to stop any unsavory characters from unlocking their secrets.

A deterrent that failed, if the establishment Ilion had currently been forced to use was any indication. It was, by far, one of the seediest port shops heโ€™d ever used, but beggars canโ€™t be choosers, and Ilion wasnโ€™t above begging.

The job had meant to be simple - it had been years since his work had caused Ilionโ€™s hands to shake, his brow to sweat. Changing lives in the name of a few coin he himself would never see rarely rattled him any more. But this job had been anything but simple; it had been messy, sloppy in a way that would draw attention. And if it drew attention, it would draw up more debt for Ilion, as certain as night after day.

And so Ilion had been reduced to fleeing, cutting all ties to the job, and praying he could return to his keepers before the news of his blunder ever could. He couldnโ€™t risk being seen at his regular port shops, couldnโ€™t afford it either. Ilionโ€™s mistake would have to be fixed on his coin - what little of it he had.

โ€œOn your leave.โ€ The drawling voice of the port master broke Ilion from his thoughts, brought him back to the dingy shop, sagging door, and burning lungs. With a mock salute, Ilion stepped through the port and let the world fall away.

There was something comforting in the horrible consistency of the port. Heโ€™d been told that it felt different for each user, that some took to port travel like a bird to flight. Ilion thought those people were the dirtiest liars that heโ€™d ever heard of - no one could ever take to this. The port pulled on him, made even his skin feel too tight. Made his heart pound, and filled his ears with a rushing, fuzzy pulse of noise that tended to linger. It pressed in on him from all sides, and he could never tell if he was falling or simply being pushed to his destination.

And then, underneath all that horrible familiarity, Ilion heard something distinctly unfamiliar - bells? Hundreds, thousands of them, layered upon each other, ringing crystal clear until he felt them reverberate in his damn bones. Port travel took never took more than a handful of seconds, but the bells seemed to stretch into minutes - ringing, ringing, ringing. Through it all, Ilion fell, out of control and spinning.

Yet just as soon as the noise had started it all came to a jarring stop. Noise fell away to silence, flashing lights to darkness. Open air was replaced by solid ground underneath Ilionโ€™s boots, and for the first time since he was in training, Ilion promptly lost his lunch.
Stargazer3000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

โ–ธ ๐Š๐€๐‹, 001

Postby แดฎแดธแตแดฑ » Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:21 am

โ ๐‘๐‡๐Ž๐ƒ๐„๐’, ๐Š๐€๐‹ โž
    kal ophelia rhodes โ–ธ mentions; - โ–ธ tags; - โ–ธ loc; everwinter, somewhere in snowfell
    โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
    taking in a deep, slow breath, kal looked at the bookshop standing tall and proud in front of her. this was her first job outside of her usual bounds in many years. the first time sheโ€™d had to use a port since she was twenty years old. the corner of her mouth tilted up into a small smirk as she considered what her next moves were. this job seemed big to her employers- important. her instructions were clear; be discreet, be efficient, and most importantly: bring them his key. kal had no idea who the target actually was, nor why they were so important, but that was the beauty of her career, she never had to ask questions.

kal huffed a little before strolling through the shop entrance, the doorโ€™s bell sounding with a high pitched chime. โ€œrhodes! here for a book?โ€ the man stood at the counter asked in a playful tone. โ€œthatโ€™s a good one, ray, really. donโ€™t think it would ever get old.โ€ she replied, monotonously, her dark eyes narrowing a little as she swipped her finger across a dust-coated shelf. โ€œyeah, yeah.โ€ the man grumbled in response. kal watched in the corner of her eye as he made his way over to a dank little corner of the shop.

โ€œwhere you goinโ€™ kid?โ€ he asked, and kal stalked over to hand him a small piece of paper. she held back a chortle when she saw his eyes widen and his feet shuffle. โ€œbetter if i donโ€™t ask, aint it?โ€ he suggested, giving kal a sideeye. when she didnโ€™t respond, he cleared his throat. โ€œalright then,โ€ he said slowly, โ€œhow long as it been since you did this?โ€ kal took position in front of the port door and clenched her fists by her sides. โ€œuuhhh.. six years?โ€ he chuffed in response. โ€œyeah. so excited.โ€ she muttered.

as the port activated, kal waited for the go ahead. โ€œokay kid, whenever youโ€™re ready- good luck.โ€ kal took a few deep breaths before stepping in. gods, she didnโ€™t miss this. she could feel the urge to transform into her daemon form rising in her chest, her blood beginning to boil. she managed to surpress it, waiting for it all to be over. but then she heard.. bells, jingling loudly in her ears. well, that was new. the sound was ringing through her entire body.

the noise came to an abrupt stop, and suddenly all was quiet and dark. soon enough, she was on the other side - but it was not where she intended on going. looking around, kal found herself on what seemed like a balcony. was that snow? she turned around to the bars surrounding the balcony she was stood on, and leaned over to look to the ground. โ€œwhat- this isn't- where am i?โ€ she thought aloud, before turning back around and coming face to face with the door she had apparently come out of. "okay. this is weird."
Last edited by แดฎแดธแตแดฑ on Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
แดฎแดธแตแดฑ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

โ‰ชโ€ขโ—ฆโˆCallum MacKenna 01โˆโ—ฆโ€ขโ‰ซ

Postby Ashton_99 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:29 am

โ—คXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXโ—ฅ
Callum Mackennaโˆโ—ฆโ€ขโ‰ซ
Xโ—ฆโ€ขTagsโ—ฆโ€ข Adelaideโ—ฆโ€ข
Xโ—ฆโ€ขLocationโ—ฆโ€ขMacKenna Bakeryโ—ฆโ€ข

โ—ฃXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXโ—ข

XXThe smell of cinnamon and ginger still danced in the air. Flour and frosting stained the front of Callum's
apron. It was a testament to a long and hard days work. Callum didn't mind so much though, he enjoyed
the ritual of a work day. To wake up before dawn, feed Pike, and descend the stairs to the Mackenna bakery
and get to work.

XXRegulars would come for their morning treat or an order, visitors for the season wandering through brought in
by the delicious smell. He'd even gotten to chat to a few new people, he always enjoyed learning little snippets
about the lives of those who came through the bakery for a pastry or pie.

XXToday had been a wonderful day, all things considered, but Callum was glad to be finally closing up for the night so that he would be able to relax. Though he always tried to clean as he went there was still a lot to do before he could go out to enjoy the winter market. Usually he'd be hard at work running his own booth for the bakery, but with his younger sister Shannon having gone off to university back in the the fall he was down a worker and hadn't had the time to hire new help. Besides, Callum was excited to finally be able to enjoy the winter market stress free for once. He'd been helping run the bakery stall since he was old enough to count change so this was a nice change of pace.

XXBut that was only if he managed to finish cleaning at a decent hour. Wiping down the tables and counters, mopping and sweeping the floors, Callum fell in to a sort of trance that always came about when cleaning up at the end of the day. He'd turned on the radio and was humming whichever ear-worm Christmas song was playing. Soon he had the floors sparkling and all the stubborn remains of icing up off his countertops.

XXShoving the mop back in the the cluttered closet from whence it came, Callum took one last look around to make sure everything was in order. The bakery looked like something out of a Christmas movie. The lights in the windows twinkled, a wreath one of his neighbors had made hung on the door, and now as shadows grew long on the street all was peaceful and calm.

XXUntil the inevitable clatter. From where he was at the front of the bakery he heard a jumble of noise come from the direction of the stairs that lead to the second floor where Callum lived. "Pike, is that you? How did you get out now?" The little tabby loved to find new ways to get in to trouble whenever she could. And now it seemed somehow his little seven pound cat was learning how to open doors now, fantastic

XXExcept, when he walked in to the back to go scoop Pike up he found something else entirely. "who- why are you-" he stared baffled at the dark haired woman who had miraculously appeared in the middle of the bakery. "How'd you get in here?" Instead of worrying about potential danger like he probably should be, Callum was trying to remember if he'd locked the doors or not. He could have sworn that he had. But now there was a lady in his hallway and he wasn't so sure.
Ashton_99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

โœฆ Adelaide, one

Postby _humblebumble_ » Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:05 am

โœฆ ๐•ฌ๐–‰๐–Š๐–‘๐–†๐–Ž๐–‰๐–Š ๐•ฝ๐–š๐–˜๐–˜๐–Š๐–™
    daemon - vampire โœฆ tag. Callum. mention. - location. MacKenna Bakery
    โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€

Adelaide really does not like using the ports. No matter how many times sheโ€™s used them, for various reasons and in various places, it always feels wrong. She used to claim that she had no idea why it felt wrong, but thatโ€™s not the truth. It feels wrong because she doesnโ€™t want to be leaving. It doesnโ€™t matter from where sheโ€™s leaving, or for what reason, it will never feel right in Adelaideโ€™s mind. Leaving when things get too hard, or they donโ€™t work out like she expected, is something she simultaneously despises and something she does often. The juxtaposition of it all sends her mind spinning and it leads to her guilt growing.

The fact that sheโ€™s not really leaving someone helps. The places she goes to, she goes hopeful. That sheโ€™ll find someone like her, someone who yearns for connection in the long term. She stays places for months or years at a time, trying to find her people, and only ever leaves when she comes to the realization that that simply wonโ€™t happen wherever sheโ€™s landed. This is just another failure, and another reason for her fear to grow.

The last place she was at was a huge city, which made her hopeful that she would find someone like her. Afterall, the more people there were, the more options there were. And yet, nobody she met had the same goal in mind. Those who werenโ€™t immortal thought she was being silly, since finding someone who would live as long as her would be hard, and those who were immortal thought she was being stupid. Immortal life is a long one, obviously, and sticking with the same people the entire time is either โ€œboringโ€ or an โ€œimpossible dreamโ€.

Not for the first time, Adelaide wishes she could become something decidedly less-immortal. She at least wishes she knew where her sister was. If they could rekindle their relationship and grow close again, Adelaide wouldnโ€™t feel the constant loneliness that she does.

Shaking her head to rid the thoughts that accompany her whenever she travels, Adelaide takes a deep breath and focuses on the task at hand. While she does travel semi-often, it usually takes a lot out of her. The doors pull so strongly at her, she almost always lands on the other side on her hands and knees rather than her feet. Sheโ€™s not sure if thatโ€™s simply how the ports are, or if it's in part due to her resistance to leaving wanting to pull her back, and the back and forth leads to her losing her balance.

This port is not as nice as the ones she usually uses, but she wonโ€™t complain. Constantly moving does not lead to stable work, and she canโ€™t waste what little funds she has on fancy doors when really their only purpose is to get her from somewhere to somewhere. She doesnโ€™t pick the places she goes to by any special means, just places sheโ€™s heard about that she would like to visit on her journey to finding a place to plant her roots.

The traveling itself doesnโ€™t change, and she zones out as sheโ€™s instructed on what to do and how everything works. This same song and dance is consistent, and while it's mildly comforting itโ€™s also another sad reminder that she does this too often. As she steps through the door, expecting the same level of struggle she usually faces, Adelaide realizes that something is wrong. Not only does it feel different, there's also the sound of bells so distracting in their volume and the way they seem never ending, that she completely loses track of what sheโ€™s doing. Once she steps through the door she notices three things right away.

First, the jingling ends, and leaves her ears ringing. Second, wherever sheโ€™s landed is not where she intended to be, although it smells absolutely mouth watering. Thirdly, sheโ€™s landed on her feet for the first time in her life after using a port.

Adelaide opens her eyes, unsure when she closed them, and looks around in utter confusion. Why is she here? This is not the place sheโ€™s supposed to have gone to. Is it the fault of the cheap port, or her own fault because of her distracted thoughts? Did the bells have anything to do with it? Before sheโ€™s even processed her own confused thoughts, she hears a voice calling out.

Suddenly in flight or fight mode, Adelaide instead chooses the secret third option of freeze, and she simply stares with wide eyes as a man approaches her. A human man, if she assumes correctly. Heโ€™s equally as shocked that sheโ€™s here as she is, if his expression and questions are anything to go off of. Why is she here, thatโ€™s exactly what sheโ€™d been wondering a moment ago. How did she get here? The one question she knows the answer to.

โ€œDoor,โ€ she says simply, because she does not work well under pressure. Panicking slightly, she finally begins to move, gesturing wildly backwards at the door she came through before realizing that that probably wonโ€™t make sense to him, if the layout of the building is to be believed. She probably just implied she came from further inside rather than outside. This is very decidedly not a port, so she doubts that this guy faces random people coming through his doors often. Well, probably. If itโ€™s happened to her maybe itโ€™s happened to others?

Adelaide begins walking in hopes of finding an explanation, but the more she walks the more she smells the delicious bread smell that quickly takes over her thoughts. The smell reminds her that she forgot to drink before leaving, and using a port always makes her thirsty. Her stomach grumbles, and that's when Adelaide realizes a fourth thing.

Sheโ€™s hungry, as in not thirsty. That is not something sheโ€™s ever experienced. What? Adelaide stops walking and whirls back around towards the man.

โ€œSorry, do you know where I am? Has.. has anyone come through here before, similar to me? Confused? Uhโ€ฆ do you have food?โ€ she asks, rapid fire, not sure if she should be acting normal or being honest. She decides for a split of both. Man, how do humans and other creatures handle being hungry instead of thirsty? This sucks, and the constant wonderful smell is not helping whatsoever.
_humblebumble_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

โ‰ชโ€ขโ—ฆโˆCallum MacKenna 02โˆโ—ฆโ€ขโ‰ซ

Postby Ashton_99 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:59 am

โ—คXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXโ—ฅ
Callum Mackennaโˆโ—ฆโ€ขโ‰ซ
Xโ—ฆโ€ขTagsโ—ฆโ€ข Adelaideโ—ฆโ€ข
Xโ—ฆโ€ขLocationโ—ฆโ€ขMacKenna Bakeryโ—ฆโ€ข

โ—ฃXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXโ—ข

X"Uh... sorry the bakery just closed. I have some extra cookies I can- wait no, sorry wait." Callum caught himself.
Now was not the time to be dishing out cookies to strangers. There were more important matters at hand, "You're
saying you came from upstairs? Like where my home is?" His tone was appropriately baffled as he followed after
the woman who was now just wandering through the bakery. "I've got to say this is the strangest home invasion
I've ever experienced." Not that he'd experienced one before, but regardless the point still stood.

X
XIt's when the woman asks where she is, that he truly begins to grow concerned. Callum takes a moment to study the woman's appearance when she turns to face him. She's dressed like his sister did in middle school. Gothic and and all black. Only... more. And all of this in the middle of the frigid winter of Snowfell. She didn't even have a jacket. Callum's concerns about being robbed were secondary now as he tried to get any sort of handle on this situation.

X"I've never had anyone miraculously appear in my bakery before, no. Which is where you are by the way, Mackenna Bakery." He answered, and despite himself he was leading her through the door and over to the front counter where he had a few extra cookies to share. It's not like it would do any harm, if she was a robber maybe giving her a treat would at least make her feel a little guilty about it.

XSliding the plate of cookies across the counter to her, Callum decided to go along with it for the moment. The sugar cookies were cut in cute little shapes and frosted to match, hopefully they'd be a good ice breaker. "So... if you didn't intend to break in to my bakery, where were you trying to go? And how?" Callum watched her, leaning on the dark wood of the counter as he let himself roll with the conversation, wherever it may lead.

XA tiny familiar meow caught his attention though, and that as when Callum looked down and found out that Pike had in fact gotten out in all the commotion. She seemed quite pleased with herself. He sighed in defeat and scooped the feline up so she didn't go wandering off anywhere else. So now, holding a cat and feeding a stranger that seems to have appeared out of nowhere, he was a little too frazzled to do something rational, like perhaps kick the intruder out. Callum would feel too guilty to do that anyway. The auburn haired woman seemed as equally confused as he was, even more so perhaps.

XPike clawed her way up his sweater to get to his shoulder, all the while she sniffed the air as she tried to figure out this new stranger herself. Quickly though she got bored and started batting at locks of his hair instead. Callum tried fruitlessly tilting his head away as he addressed the woman again, "What's your name name anyway? I'm Callum."
Ashton_99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me