Moonburning (Lovecraftian- 2 Spots Remaining)

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Moonburning (Lovecraftian- 2 Spots Remaining)

Postby ☪ℓυηαя∂яσρ☪ » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:19 pm

You've come to the conclusion that you've gone insane.

Surely you're dreaming- this doesn't make sense otherwise. But, if that was the case, then why does it feel so real? And why can't you wake up?

That faint, monstrous star. That singular point of not-quite-light leering down from the black abyss, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey. It would seem that the cosmos, too, are not safe from the madness of this place. The frigid air of the mist that clouds this place pricks at the flesh, dulling the senses. The ancient tomb that was the frozen lake lay at the center of this bedlam, with an unnatural incision made in the ice, and a singular set of footprints leaving the hole that bear no resemblance to any living, mythological, or theoretical creature that could adhere to any laws of nature. Poised throughout the grounds are twisted icicles hanging and coiling grotesquely upwards from trees at impossible angles. Reflected in their surfaces is a glimpse of something best ignored.

There is shelter in this place- a misshapen amalgamation of stone and frost with lobed protrusions, lined ridges, and walls that stretch on for too long. There are cots within this shelter, and provisions that would be unwise to ponder the origins of. This cruel mockery of a wintry lakeside cabin scene harbors an otherworldliness like nothing ever imagined, though worst of all is the moon.

The night is a black void, with only a single mockery of a star dotting the sky, and the eternally-full moon staring down like a hanging face. Going outside at night inexplicably burns the skin. Horrible noises can be heard through the nocturnal hours; lurching convulsions and gargling moans that accompany ungodly footsteps that sound too much like a body dragging itself along a membrane of mucus. Only the faintest of outlines of something all too fast for a thing that shouldn't hold form have been seen. These memories are quickly repressed.

There is no reason you should be here- no reason that this place should exist. And certainly no reason that others should be subjected to this along with you. But, perhaps, while they're here, you can find solace in their companionship.
Last edited by ☪ℓυηαя∂яσρ☪ on Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
☪ℓυηαя∂яσρ☪

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Unfortunates

Postby ☪ℓυηαя∂яσρ☪ » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:19 pm

The Anthropologist
The Anthropologist has studied many ancient
civilizations and artifacts, some stranger than
others. Following the obscure leads of cursed
peoples and communities, the Anthropologist
has gone down a strange road. But all of their
studying has failed to prepare them for this
bedlam, and all they can do is fail to find an
explanation for what kind of place this is.
Played by:

The Criminal
The Criminal was previously incarcerated for
crimes unknown. They have read and heard
things during their time in prison from the
crazed inmates, of unreal religions and near-
supernatural means of faith. Whether this
has piqued their interest or been seen as a
path to freedom from prison, this strange
knowledge has stuck with them ever since.
Played by: gray~

The Detective
The Detective is a private investigator who
has followed many strange leads in the past,
but nothing as unimaginable as this. Since
they are no stranger to being in dangerous
situations, they have some peace of mind in
how safe they feel. They can only hope that
they can solve the mystery of this place
before they lose their mind completely.
Played by: ☪ℓυηαя∂яσρ☪

The Occultist
The Occultist has always studied things odd
and unknown, and is well-studied. Despite
their extensive exposure to the strange and
unnatural, none of their studies could have
prepared them for the sheer magnitude of
whatever it is that's happening here. Even
the Occultist feels fear and apprehension
in this awful, horrible place with no gods.
Played by: Quetzaloe

The Rabbi
The gods are lost, if they even exist, and the
Rabbi must confront this reality they've found
themself in. Whether they see this as a test of
faith or as damned proof that the gods are a lie,
the Rabbi has lived their devout life in service
to these holy figures. In this place that no god
would ever allow to exist, the Rabbi must look
deep inside themself to maintain their sanity.
Played by: kalo.

The Scholar
The Scholar is a person of study and research,
though nothing they have ever read is of any
use here. Any knowledge they may try to fall
back on fails, as logic has no foundation here.
This is a great opportunity to study something
completely unknown, but is it worth the risk?
As someone who values their mind, can the
Scholar maintain their sanity in this place?
Played by:

Last edited by ☪ℓυηαя∂яσρ☪ on Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:26 am, edited 6 times in total.
☪ℓυηαя∂яσρ☪

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Regulations

Postby ☪ℓυηαя∂яσρ☪ » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:48 am

The Rules
-RSVP by PM
-Character ages 21+
-2D Faceclaims only
-Please post at least weekly in order to keep RP from dying
-Discord is highly recommended/wanted to maintain comradery- link will be sent after RSVP
-No "my character is too cool to be scared"- this is Lovecraft after all
-Characters should have some background knowledge/experience that led to them waking up here. Specifics are up to you
Discussion Link

This roleplay will be a roleplay equivalent of the "yes, and" style of improv. Differing and conflicting experiences and information are going to be common, and everyone will experience different realities. They can only hope to form a cohesive picture of what's going on and to survive.
☪ℓυηαя∂яσρ☪

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Moonburnt

Postby ☪ℓυηαя∂яσρ☪ » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:34 am

Rikimaru opened their eyes, immediately squinting them against the cold that rushed to meet them. Rubbing their eyes with the back of their hand, Rikimaru slowly gathered their feet beneath them and stood. They felt the presence of something above them, and when Rikimaru looked up they saw a large stone slab looming over them, wedged between the ground and a faraway rockface that kept it from falling. Trying and failing to get a sense of their surroundings, Riki shook the snow from their coat and walked towards the edge of their shelter. Peering up, Riki could see twisting rock formations amongst a heavy mist, and everything was covered in snow. They seemed to be in some contradictory mixture of a chasm and a mountain, with the night sky shining down into the gap. Ice-chilled stone lined their vision, closing the chasm off from any sort of horizon or way out.
And in that moment, Rikimaru felt incredibly small.
Casting their gaze back down to ground level, Rikimaru took note of the snow-covered ground. Looking back where they had come from after waking up, Rikimaru noticed something odd; other than the footprints they had made when standing up and walking to the shelter's edge, the snow was completely unblemished. There were no footprints or traces of activity leading to where Rikimaru had been deposited. And with no snow actively falling, no tracks should have been filled in unless they had been made ages ago.
But that couldn't be- if Rikimaru had been brought here that long ago, they would have certainly frozen to death before they ever woke up. Narrowing their eyes in confusion, Riki stared at the ground for answers. Receiving none, and shivering from the sharp cold, Rikimaru decided they needed to get moving. To where, they did not know, but they needed a better form of shelter than just standing underneath a giant rock.
Looking around, Riki's blue eyes caught on a hole in the rock wall. It was perfectly circular, unnaturally so, and that spoke to Riki as a sign of human activity. Walking lengthwise underneath the stone's cover, Rikimaru approached the tunnel before turning out from underneath the stone slab above them.
Immediately upon stepping out of the shade, Rikimaru let out a loud yelp of pain as their hands burnt. Throwing their hands out in front of them, Rikimaru stared down at their pale skin as it seared with sharp pain. It felt as if they had stuck their hands in dry ice. Rikimaru shoved their hands under their arms and made a desperate run to reach the shelter of the tunnel, managing to only let out a few sobbing cries of pain, which echoed in the dead silence of the chasm.
They managed to get into the tunnel, where the rock wasn't chilled with ice and Rikimaru could sit and lick their wounds. Wincing again in pain, Rikimaru curled into a ball and tried to warm their burnt hands.
☪ℓυηαя∂яσρ☪

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

𝐎𝐍𝐄. "and they smiled at me hysterically"

Postby kalo. » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:16 am

𝐊𝐀𝐙𝐔𝐊𝐎 𝐀𝐎𝐍𝐔𝐌𝐀!!xxxx𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐀𝐁𝐁𝐈 ' )
      mood; melancholy // mentions; Them // tags; riki // wc; 825

indentindentThe soft lashes of Kaz slowly fluttered opened. The world around him stuck in an endless blur as he tried to get an idea of the world around him. His long hair tucked away off his head onto the ground around them. Unable to See at first made Kazuko hesitant to move, but he knew that in doing so his God would simply give him his sight back. So that he did. Slowly lifting himself off of the ground and rubbing at his head. Dark hair falling back into his face as he tried to get a grasp on what was going on. Or more so Where he was. Because last time the Rabbi recalled closing his eyes, he wasn't in this... weird gray stone world. He was tucked away in his bed for the night. Having finished up cleaning his estate's shrine to their God and prayed before he slept. But now... he was far from there. Was his God mad at him? Was he punishing Kazuko for something he didn't remember? Or was he slacking in his worship? No. That couldn't be it. Kaz was a devout worshipper. If this was some sort of divine punishment, it wasn't what the Scriptures told. So then this Had to be a blessing. Maybe he was going to be spoken to directly by his God. Meeting Them and understand more about Them.

indentindentRubbing at his temple Kaz finally was able to See, a smirk forming on his face as he knew this was the work of his God. He just had to find Them now. Eyes scanning the dull horizon and the obscure landscape caused Kaz to slowly shift to stand up, shaking his hands as he felt the cold nip at them. The landscape seemed to be covered in snow. Which only intrigued Kazuko. The frigid air only reminded him of home. Moving to wrap his hands in his haori to try and spare himself from the bite. Just barely Kaz was able to catch movement in the corner of his eyes. Was this his God? Or was it a sign? He should follow where the figure had gone after all. It only made sense. He wouldn't have been able to see the figure if his God didn't want him to. It was as simple as that. So with this new information, Kazuko slowly started on his walk towards the figure. Keeping his hands tucked away and letting his unruly hair sway in the breeze that the barren landscape brought forth. Hearing the sound of his feet against the dull floor [what it was didn't concern Kaz. It could have been Bones for all he cared and he simply would play it off as God's doing].

indentindentWhen the Rabbi made it to what seemed to be some sort of cave, he peered his head in only to see a figure hunched over. Tilting his head Kaz slowly made his way over. Ignoring the way his body stung from the cold [because he knew They would help him warm-up. Plus the cold never necessarily Bothered Kaz anyway. Growing up in a frigid environment himself] Kneeling down Kaz poked at the figure, cocking a brow, and let out a chuckle. "What are you doing down there? And may I inquire who you are? I have not seen you before near the shrines for Them. Unless you were simply created here for my purpose, then so be it. I just need to know where They are." Right to the point. That's how Kaz liked to talk. Especially when it comes to anything involving Them. It was easier this way. No need to bat around anything for that matter. The figure obviously seemed to be suffering from something, shivers wrecking their body. The puff of carbon from their exhales flowing out and dispersing into the barren cave. Letting out a large sigh Kaz tucked his hands farther into his haori. Trying to keep himself warm. Deep down he knew logically he had to warm himself up, but if he prayed to his God he could get more warmth. And judging by the lack of warmth, this had to be a test. They were testing Kaz.

indentindent"I'm assuming you're some sort of divine being. And with that, I simply wish to ask why am I here. If this is some kind of test to prove my worth to God then I will gladly accept. My faith will never be shaken off." The rambling ceased as Kaz stomped his one foot, trying to bring the feeling back into it. "But I must insist on changing the setting. It is simply unbearable." With a somber expression on his face Kaz looked back around the landscape. Feeling this light sense of unease. Almost like he knew something was wrong but couldn't quite place it. It wasn't strong enough to rid of Kazuko's faith, but just enough to make him feel, well, odd.
kalo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Moonburning (Lovecraftian- 1 Spot Remaining)

Postby Quetzaloe » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:33 am

Indigo Wilding
The Occultist // She/Her // Location: ??? // Mentions: Kaz, Riki // Tags: Open

Indigo's lungs burned as she took in the cold air around her. Funny. This was not where she remembered drifting off. Last night had been a gala, right? She hadn't thought she'd gone that hard....

Opening her eyes, she was exposed to a world of white. "Oh shoot."

She scrambled up, thankful to find that for once she seemed to have kept her shoes on for the whole of the gala. They were ballet flats, and entirely unhelpful, but better than her bare toes. Up her arms she could feel the faintest crackles of Energy, like her floral runes were trying to kick in, but were somehow unable to do so. Or at least, severely depleated.

Curious. That... shouldn't have been possible.

Looking around, there was only one thing breaking up the horizon as far as she could see. That would be the place to start, then.

Carefully, she made her way to what quickly revealed itself as a stone outcropping. Already she could hear a voice inside, and could see two figures.

Stopping at the entrance she could hear clearly what was happening now, and had to suppress a snort. Nothing about this place was right. There was no vegetation that she could feel, her runes still weren't working properly (which should be impossible considering they were tied to her) and there was an unrelenting emptiness that floated through the air. Whatever this place was, it was a land without gods.
<--This is Bruce.
He lives in The Batcave.
Do you recognize all the residents
of The Batcave?
This is Jason. -->
He's a good boy. Just very
emotional.
Quetzaloe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Dazed and Confused

Postby ☪ℓυηαя∂яσρ☪ » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:34 am

Rikimaru startled backwards violently at the sudden touch. They had been so wrapped up in the crisp pain on their hands they hadn't had the presence of mind to hear the approaching footsteps. Seizing in shock for a moment, Rikimaru quickly regained their wits and leaned forward into their knees again, wrapping their hands around their midsection. Desperately clutching at their coat, Riki tried to soothe the pain in their hands. But the two heats- one of cold and one (relatively) warm- did not nullify each other, but instead added up. But still, Rikimaru held on to the fistfuls their jacket, knowing that their hands would come to a regular resting temperature soon.
Seeing the young man standing before them, wearing strange clothes and looking almost bored or annoyed, Rikimaru blinked in confusion. Once. Twice. What is this guy going on about?

"What are you going on about? My name is Rikimaru- I'm a private investigator. Who the hell are you, and where the hell are we?" They snapped with a slightly hoarse voice, strained due to the pain picking at their hands. It turned out to be a bit more aggressive then they had intended, but they had just woken up in a frozen wasteland with no idea how they got there, where they were, and no idea how to get out- and then they had their hands inexplicably burnt by the moon of all things- they had earned the right to be a little snappy with delusional crazy people in weird stone tunnels.
Out of the corner of the ear Rikimaru could swear they heard some kind of far-away banging, like some kind of heavy duty industrial equipment being moved. But it was incredibly faint, so much so that they weren't exactly sure if they were hearing it at all, or if it was just a random memory poking at the edge of their mind. The man standing before them did not seem perturbed by the situation- perhaps he... lived nearby? That would make sense, considering his more casual demeanor and strange speech. Rikimaru supposed they should just be grateful he spoke English. He said he was looking for 'them', so that meant there were more people around. Good, if Rikimaru could go with him maybe he could bring them to his group and they could get some answers by someone a little less... like this guy. And if the group was also strange like he was? Well, at least they'd have some idea of where they were and what had happened to their hand.
☪ℓυηαя∂яσρ☪

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

𝐓𝐖𝐎. "unshaking, unmovable, a mountain"

Postby kalo. » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:28 am

𝐊𝐀𝐙𝐔𝐊𝐎 𝐀𝐎𝐍𝐔𝐌𝐀!!xxxx𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐀𝐁𝐁𝐈 ' )
      mood; melancholy/annoyed // mentions; Them // tags; riki,indigo // wc; 669

indentindentKaz watched, with a rather unamused expression, as the divine being below him nearly threw themselves away from his touch. Interesting. Was this divine being not accustomed to mortals? But if this was a test from Them then they should know of Kaz to some degree. He was God's number one supporter. And it seemed that the being was injured in some way-hissing out in pain and clutching their midsection. Oh. So was this the test? Helping this divine being? It seemed a little unorthodox but Kazuko wouldn't complain. Anything They wanted he would do. Even if it meant helping this stranger essentially. It'll help him, in the long run, earn kudos with Them so. However, it was when the divine being claimed they were an investigator that caused the Rabbi to stop in his tracks. Blinking for a while in confusion. A detective? No that couldn't be right. This was Their domain. They wouldn't just let in a stranger, someone who didn't believe. At least Kazuko told himself that judging by the beings clothes. Ah, wait, they had a name. Rikimaru. It was an odd name. Not one he would've heard before. He couldn't even identify where they would be from with such an odd name. Certainly not a name that would know of his God.

indentindentTilting his head [almost in a mocking manner] Kaz let out what seemed to be a mixture of a scoff and a sigh. "It's rude to answer a question with a question." Moving to push his long hair out of his face Kaz took a step to the side to look around the cave. "And it isn't hard to see we're in some sort of cave. In Their domain no less. Don't act dumb. I'm Aonuma Kazuko. You should know of me being this is all a test to prove my loyalty." Kicking at the loose pebbles on the ground in annoyance, Kaz turned back to face Rikimaru. He opened his mouth to say something only to pause upon hearing something at the entrance of the cave. It must be another divine being here to explain everything. Good. He needed an explanation after dealing with this.. this Rikimaru. However the being Kaz saw only caused him to frown. His dull eyes growing darker. This divine being looked like the Rabbi imagined a certain priestess looked. Well. Not really. He was just grasping for straws at this point. Clearing this throat Kaz motions towards them. "And who might you be? Here to help us I assume? They don't seem to be giving me any answers to this place and I would like to get out of here as soon as I can. This test is getting out of hand."

indentindentTilting his head upon hearing an odd sound Kaz brought his hands out of his pockets. They were already numb, and he could care less. They would will his hands to be better anyway. "That must be of importance. This area is incredibly cold and I would rather not sit in this dark cave the whole time. I have a business to figure out. Can you stand you bei-I mean Rikimaru." The name still felt wrong on Kaz's tongue. Almost as if saying it would taint his belief. It brought a look of disgust on his face before he turned his attention back to the women. His one brow shooting up upon seeing her attire. She clearly wasn't fit for this cold. Someone should offer her some sort of covering. However, Kaz was more interested in the markings on her arms. It was nothing he read or heard about before, and hopefully, it would be the ticket to getting out of here. "Your markings. What are they? I haven't seen them before." Deep down Kaz feared that this lady could be a witch of some sort-but he was jumping to conclusions. [Not like he hadn't done that several times already] He had to keep a level head if he wanted to impress his God.
kalo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me