protector of the realm // game of thrones // closed

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

rohana royce | seven.

Postby archeron. » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:15 pm

Ψ Φ 𝐑𝐨𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐚 𝐑𝐨𝐲𝐜𝐞 ───────────────────────────────────────
      [ house royce . location: red keep courtyard . tags: wyllam . mentions: daena, torr ]
        Tells had a tendency to be subtle, slippery little things that only a trained eye could catch. Some people blinked, or their lips might part ever so slightly, others fidgeted or stuttered their words without meeting her eye, but they always had something that gave them away. Rohana had taught herself to read people, and had even begun to find some pleasure in seeing the lies and moments where the truth finally came out. Wyllam was no different, she had found his weakness in asking what had brought him to stand there next to her. He has no idea, she purred to herself as the slightest bit of a smirk trying to pull where her lips joined together. The loss of that feline smirk on his face was enough to bring a swell of pride to the surface of her chest, the warmth from it flooding through her veins and sending out shivers of delight across her skin. Something about seeing Wyllam Hightower unsure of himself was enough to create an overbearing hubris in the handmaiden, one that hinted at the subtlest glow of life returning to that which had for so long been dead.

This game; it made her feel alive again.

The first real move was made by Wyllam, his voice low as he practically hummed how he was taking pity on her by joining her, seeing as no one else had made the move to do it before himself. Rohana did nothing to hide how her aquamarine irises rolled back in her head with a very precise movement, or how she only took another sip of her wine to hide the blooming grin that came from his acceptance of her challenge. It was so refreshing to have someone who not only had skin of steel to take her appraisals, but teeth and talons he was unafraid to use. She might have been impressed by him. Might. Instead she allowed herself to bask in the warmth of an opponent worthy of the air they breathed. That was the most benefit she was willing to give to the lordling though, at least his presence was not suffocatingly dull, and he had some sort of fight in him.

It was his next assessment that drew her thick eyebrow to arch, however, the slightest start of an impressed expression tried to fight its way onto her pretty features. Unfortunately even that lost to her iron will and it was impassive boredom that remained the patron look on her face. Rohana had little desire to give Wyllam any more indication he could phase her further than the moment of weakness he had been able to draw while weaponizing Auster against her. Never again. He would pay for those comments, rather dearly if she had her way with it, and there was very little standing in her way. Knowing that there was something still able to be twisted and warped into something that could control her was a dangerous thing, and the sooner he left - or was driven out - the better.

“How charitable of you,” Rohana crooned, giving a theatrical pout of her lip while giving him a sidelong glance. “Though that was by design, Hightower. You see I do not wish for company, as they all seem to understand, which would make you the fool.”

Lightly she bit down on the rim of her goblet while pretending that her attention was not completely on him but instead something else entirely.

“Oh yes, I bite as well so you might wish to take a step away,” she droned sarcastically, allowing herself another brief look to ensure he was still looking only at her. He was, some strange expressing in those annoyingly handsome eyes, which even more frustratingly gave another flutter of that pride that came from having found his tell.

The question was not unreasonable, though it was coming from him and she simply had to express that. Letting out another obviously nettled sigh, the dark haired lady dropped her nearly empty chalice to her side while her free hand found a place to rest against her hip. What do you do here? Perhaps he was daft, or his mother had dropped him as an infant, or there was always the chance he was simple as dumb as he was handsome. Whatever it was, Rohana was growing exasperated at the constant barrage of idiotic questions that had such obvious answers.

“When not completely miserable I find myself rather intrigued in the arts of torture and poison. They prove to be rather useful when presented with ungrateful little lordlings who have their swords shoved up their...well...you know,” the lady purred before tilting her head to the side and then up to meet his gaze. “If you do not like girls who are smarter than you, Wyllam, I fear we will have a rather strained relationship in your time here. Though I can promise you that I will refrain from adding anything to your food that might upset you, seeing as I am quite good at my job.”

With the same delicacy as a lioness circling her prey, Rohana stepped to the side so she was fully looking at Wyllam, but was still able to see Daena out of the corner of her eye. Slowly, deliberately, she drew her gaze from his face down his body and then back to his eyes, her expression not changing once even as she definitely lifted her chin.

“If it is a new handmaiden you are requesting I should warn you that most of them offer services of a quality far less than my own, but it would not mortally wound me to know you do not find my company as appetizing as an empty headed lady.”
archeron.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✺ eleven

Postby brunchman2000 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:44 pm

▓▓▓▓ 𝐖𝐘𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐌 𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑 ▓▓▓━━ son of the hightower - he/him - twenty two - link;
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
xxxxxxxxxxxx𝚝𝚊𝚐𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚐; rohana𝚕𝚘𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗; red keep courtyard𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜; rohana
      indentsomehow he felt like he'd lost something. it was like rohana had picked up on a subtlety that he himself wasn't aware of and pounced on it, like she suddenly had some sort of an upper hand in the conversation. there had been a shift when his smirk had melted, sliding swiftly onto rohana's face instead as she lined up a long list of barbs in her mind. these were small things that would be noticed by no one but themselves; intricacies in a head-to-head battle of wits. somehow he felt that he would never truly win out against the woman beside him, for she was a person that would never give up. she was relentless in her jabs and attitude, constantly equipped with an arsenal of weapons that she seemed to be well acquainted with. once again, wyllam was left to wonder exactly how he had found himself in such a position as he was now; fighting with a noble born handmaiden in a courtyard, sipping a drink poorer than what they sold in the lowest of taverns. he knew he ought to stop, for what was he truly gaining from this? why did he find himself caring what came out of her mouth? why had he sacrificed what could have been a great night in flea bottom to stand here surrounded by people he despised and who despised him in return? it left him unsettled to come up empty when faced with those questions. he had never been a strong believer in the gods, but he was struck with the feeling that perhaps they had been meant to meet, if only for wyllam to get the proper tongue lashing he had deserved for years. however, he would have to ponder the true meaning of his life later, for rohana had begun her silky tirade, that stolen smirk still resting on her lips as her eyes sparked with a mischief that replaced the anger and sorrow he'd become so used to.
      indenthe finally let his gaze drift down to land on her face as she stared off into the crowd. her tone was bored and casual, but he could tell from the way she held her shoulders that she was excited, anticipating something, even if she might not be fully aware of it. a smile threatened to appear at the corners of his mouth at the way she seemed to put on her disinterested act, but he suppressed it. no matter how much she tried to seem like she didn't care she had already proven she did by her earlier outburst. in that way he did have a hold of her still, for he knew that no matter how confident she seemed he could always press her wound a little and make her trip over herself. but he found himself enjoying her performance, her sarcastic attitude laced with the slightest hint of appeal.
      indentas she went on -- gods how she must love to hear her own voice -- he was momentarily baffled by her making a joke. yes, he had been aware that she was capable of spite, sarcasm, insults, and just about anything else that was hateful, but he had never thought her capable of a joke. he had assumed that she had lost her sense of humour long ago, for even if it hadn't been lost somewhere in her tragic past, surely king's landing would have squashed the remainder. but alas, here it was, and it earned a short laugh from him. she looked up to meet his gaze again, her eyes full of life and joy, like a cat that had just caught a mouse. he tried to ignore the fact that he was the mouse in this situation because it was a surprisingly nice change to see something more from her than her former misery which had hung over her like a cloud ever since he'd first seen her in the throne room.
      indentand then his thoughts were cut off when rohana turned to fully face him, scanning him over before uttering her last remark with a defiance blazing in her blue gaze. a new handmaiden? the thought hadn't even crossed his mind and he almost felt a quick 'no!' begging to burst from his mouth. but he couldn't seem desperate, for they were still skirting around each other as they played their game, the challenge so thick in the air around them that he could almost reach out and touch it. no, he had to reign in his childish thoughts, for he was still the handsome, cold, brash man that he'd always been and he would not let rohana see any other side unless he wanted her to.
      indent"I feel that it is my duty to give you something worth while to do, lady royce. so while I might prefer the company of someone with less of an attitude, I would never give you the relief of a dismissal. no, I think that I shall keep you around and put you to work for a while," he leaned in closer to her, lowering his voice slightly. "perhaps teach you a few things about manners along the way too." he pulled back and downed the rest of his drink, handing her the empty cup. "first things first though, find me something stronger than this." he smirked, gazing deep into her eyes. now it was his turn to regain some power.
Last edited by brunchman2000 on Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
brunchman2000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⋈ 𝐈𝐈

Postby radio.active. » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:13 am

𝐙𝐄𝐏𝐇𝐘𝐑𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐘𝐍
fourth son of the eyrie, charge of the red keep courtyard of the red keep
tags; zara, rohana, wyllam
mentions; tullys, ironborn, daena
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
      indentSomewhere along the way, Zephyron had stopped paying attention. The swearing of the riverlands felt as though it took decades, like time was intentionally crawling by to spite the impatient Arryn lordling. He had turned his head absently as the throne room's oaken doors echoed open to reveal the Ironborn party, but he lacked the energy or the care to force himself to pay attention to what those beasts had to say. There wasn't much respect in the Arryn for them anyhow, his lady mother had ensured that before Zephyron could truly form a thought himself. Odds are he would never care enough to change that either, after two failed uprisings in which many good knights were killed and a historical reign of terror on the entire western coast of Westeros, the Ironborn had not given him a desire to change it.

indentPart of him returned to reality as the king's voice echoed through the halls, dismissing the present court. His feet moved before he could really think about it, carrying him from his spot among the nobility to the open courtyard. He could recall the servants of the Red Keep preparing for this feast for some time now, scuttling to and fro with banners and structures and décor. Zephyron couldn't say he was terribly impressed with the result, after all he was sure he'd seen better for a knighting ceremony. The sour expression must have been quite apparent on his face (unsurprising, he never cared to hide his dislike for the goings on in this keep) as Zara Tyrell herself swept to his side. She pushed a goblet of wine into his hands, half-whispering something about his demeanor. Before he could comprehend her words and form a bitter retort, the Dark Rose had fluttered on her way to flirt or antagonize or whatever it was she felt like doing at that moment. Any other time, he might have thrown the cup aside just to spite Rhaello and his efforts, but the sweet scent of the wine wafted over him before he could make the move. He raised the cup to his lips and turned to examine the rest of the courtyard.

indentFrom the corner of his eye, he spotted Lord Austen Tully as he was strolling about the cobbled yard, gesturing to various gentry - including Zephyron, he realized - and spoke rather animatedly to his younger brother and sister. Zeph hadn't met Lord Austen in person, and he'd had no reason to dislike the man - at least until he saw the dismissive wave he made in the Arryn's direction - and he knew Ser Fionn plenty well, spending what free time he was permitted amongst Fionn and the Kingsguard. Lady Rheva was rumored to have never left Riverrun in the first place, though only a fool living under a rock would be unable to recognize the youngest Tully. She was beautiful of course, he'd be a dolt not to recognize that, but Zephyron found his eyes searching the crowd for the pale hair he found himself studying far too often.

indentTo his utter dismay, he spotted the silvery braids and their owner in animated conversation with none other than Torr Harlaw. The Ironborn commander had completely enraptured her attention, dampening any hope Zephyron might have had of approaching Daena Velaryon for the time being. He let out a bitter sigh and, taking another long drink of his wine, meandered around the courtyard. He'd heard the snippy voice of his cousin, Rohana Royce, somewhere in the crowd. If he recalled her properly, she was somewhere in the fray spitting fire at some unfortunate soul who had decided to prod her about her misfortunes. Zephyron hadn't spoken to Rohana for some time now, but as he strode towards her voice, he figured it wouldn't hurt to be within reach should help be needed - for her or her unfortunate victim. By the looks of it, though, it was a few moments too late as Ro appeared to already be on the verge of eating Wyllam Hightower alive. Deciding to survive the evening, Zeph chose a safe distance just within Ro's line of sight and sipped the last dregs of his wine.
radio.active.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

֎ 𝐈𝐕

Postby radio.active. » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:42 pm

𝐄𝐔𝐑𝐘𝐁𝐄𝐀 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐘𝐉𝐎𝐘
queen of the iron islands ֎֎֎ throne room of the red keep
tags; rhaello targaryen
֎֎֎ mentions; torr, minerva, various ironborn
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
      indentAlthough she appreciated not being slaughtered right then and there, part of Eurybea wished she had managed to get under the dragon's skin just a little more with her words. It was so much easier to spark a fight amongst her Ironborn kin, especially with the loud - and often drunken - sailors who hadn't a single thought knocking around in those empty skulls. Perhaps that was for the better. To instigate a fight amongst kin and crew on an obscenely long journey to pass the time was one thing, all fun and games where perhaps the worst case scenario sees a sailor losing a tooth or three. Here, in the throne room of the Red Keep with her best reinforcements well beyond help's reach, it would be particularly unwise. Still, the idea of facing Targaryen fire and walking out alive offered a unique distinction that insisted on enticing Bea from afar.

indentInstead, Bea studied his violet eyes as he spoke. There was little exotic color in the Iron Islands, a thought that persisted throughout this trip to the dragon's den. The banners of noble houses alone threatened to overwhelm her with their sharp colors and expensive dyes, and the marvelous colors of hair and eyes and skin only added to the effects. Hailing from a region where Minerva Mormont stood out like a wolf amongst sheep with her golden locks, Bea found herself far too intrigued with Rhaello Targaryen's eyes. They reminded her most of a twilight storm she had been caught in some years ago, one in which the violet skies and blinding bolts of lightning cast by the Storm God almost drowned her.

indentBea almost laughed as she considered the parallels to this moment.

indentHer attention shifted as he brought his hand into her view. A single, sparkling ruby clutched in the maw of a silver dragon. His words echoed somewhere in the back of her conscience, a veiled note about ghosts and men. Part of her knew he was right in his comments regarding Lord Volmark. Odds are the man would take any chance he saw to have her head on a pike after what she had done. But Bea had taken a liking to his youngest daughter, the little bastard girl who had looked up at her through a bruised eye and split lip after her father tried to instigate a coup. She was only twelve when Bea first met her - only twelve when she watched Torr take an axe to her father's hand. Even then, she could see Ironborn promise in the little wharf rat that was smart as a whip and as ferocious as Bea herself had been. In an effort to honor the respect she had felt, Lord Volmark was spared from the halls of the Drowned.

indentSo she had a soft spot for ferocious daughters, sue her.

indentRhaello stepped forward, and Bea straightened to her full height. Even with her mother's Mormont stature, she had to angle her head some to look him in the eye. He was ever so slightly invading her personal space, bringing with him a wave of smoky scent that rolled over her. In the empty mass of the throne room, Rhaello's proximity to her felt entirely unnecessary.

indentWith the next words that broke the silence, she understood why.

indentAt once, Bea's mind was empty and bubbling over as she stared at him. Suspicion reared its ugly head before all else, casting doubt and nerves deep into her bones. Her eyes flitted around the throne room, though she couldn't figure out why. There would be no sense for an assassin to be waiting in the shadows, it would have been much better to kill her the moment the doors shut behind the rest of the court. No, Rhaello Targaryen was serious.

indentTrying to mask her cautiousness with confidence, Bea reached out and plucked the ring from his hand, holding it closer to watch the firelight reflect off of the shining materials. It was immaculate, clearly well kept despite the infamous way Rhaello had come to possess it.

indent"Consider me intrigued," she said slowly, measuring each word as she considered the proposal. The literal proposal, she reiterated to herself. Marriage had never been a concern on her mind. Even at his worst, Thaumas Greyjoy would never dare to try and force his daughter to take another house's colors. Bea herself had never had intentions to do so either, though she would be a liar if she said her interest was piqued at the idea of becoming the Queen of Westeros. The power it would give both herself and her family name - never mind the fact it would no longer be hers. "I must tell you, though, that I have no intentions of becoming some meek piece of decoration for your court. After all, not even a dragon can command the tides."

indentBea stepped back from the king, gesturing slightly towards the doors that separated the pair from the courtyard. "I'm sure the nobles would like to hear from their king, especially if he has such an announcement to make, no?"
radio.active.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

rohana royce | eight.

Postby archeron. » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:31 pm

Ψ Φ 𝐑𝐨𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐚 𝐑𝐨𝐲𝐜𝐞 ───────────────────────────────────────
      [ house royce . location: red keep courtyard . tags: wyllam, zephyron . mentions: daena ]
        Had this been what it had felt like to live? The memories of Auster’s smile, of how it had felt to kiss him in secret in the halls of Runestone, and how his voice had made her smile without even knowing - they had been so tarnished over time that Rohana had forgotten how those moments of life had felt. There was a rush of warmth, a vibration under her skin that told her what was happening was something she enjoyed, and the undeniable need to smile that fought so hard against any other emotion that might have existed. Breathing was easier, the world felt lighter somehow and it did not matter what was going on inside of any other’s head because he was there and that was more than enough. She had been so happy then. Once so sure that her love would be enough to carry her across the sea with him to Essos where they would live out their days together, and that her father would never care what happened to his second born daughter who did not play any real part in the future of their House. It had not.

Perhaps that was why it stung so much, feeling more like a slap across the cheek to realize that those same feelings presented themselves in far different ways to a vastly different man.

Wyllam was not Auster, it was obvious enough in the eyes. Auster’s had always carried the same shine as sun glittering off the waves of the coast, and they always looked upon her with a soft affection that could have melted even the coldest of hearts. Her love had been good, kind, just as Daena was, and he had been ripped away and replaced with a pair of eyes that only looked at her with contempt - even if their time was limited. Wyllam was the shadow that followed Auster’s sun, he was cold and distant, unwelcoming at best, and she loathed him for it. In every way that she had loved Auster she hated Wyllam, for he was everything that would have kept her heart alive. He was a lord’s son set to inherit a seat, lands, and gold, and he would bring prosperity to the family of whatever girl he took to be his bride. Had Auster been given even one of those three things he might not have been killed like an animal.

Rohana’s upper lip curled the slightest bit, wrinkling her nose as she internally tried to slay whatever reactions might have been tempted to stir by Wyllam Hightower. Only contempt was allowed to stay, any playfully snide comments drawing in the purest darkness of hatred as she bit down on her tongue. Coppery metallic flavor filled her mouth, overpowering the rancid wine taste as her teeth dug into the soft flesh deeper, as if it would somehow keep the male from replying to her vicious remarks. If he knew what was before for him he would walk away with his tail between his legs and try his hand at a far easier catch than the bristling she-cat that stood before him, but naturally, as was with all males it seemed, he hardly knew more than to try and take the last word for himself - starting with a promise.

There was no intention for him to release her from her duties to him, not while he seemingly enjoyed the pain of prodding her until she struck with her claws. Only they bounced off steel and iron and left her grasping for some sort of hold. No, for as long as he was in the castle Rohana knew he would make it his sole objective to drive her completely mad. For a second she even began to curse the work that had been her safe haven, wishing he had never bothered to show his face outside of Fleabottom - not Oldtown. Had he stayed in whatever torrid comforts the filth had to offer then their acquaintance would not have been met and the words to draw emotion from her would not have been spoken.

Go back, it suits you far better to be among the rakes and harlots.

Those exact words almost sprang from her rosy lips, which lay parted as the air pulled between them to ready for battle.

Instead everything froze.

Whatever space had been between them prior faded to nothing as Wyllam leaned towards her, the clean scent of soap and the strong smell of wine mixing as her nostrils flared open slightly. For a moment she looked more akin to a startled mare than a crouching lioness, her muscles locking into place and her grey-blue eyes growing wider. Wyllam’s breath tickled the skin of her throat as he spoke, the warmth of it raising gooseflesh that lay hidden under the fabric of her gown - a small relief to know he would not see it. The low tone of his voice made the gravel all the more apparent, and an undetected shiver ran down her spine while she herself hung onto every word he spoke.

“Is that a promise, sir?” Rohana breathed back, eyes locked with his as if daring him to reveal himself. She was not dumb, the tension that formed whenever he was in the same space as her was palpable, and while she had her suspicions that he found her attractive, seeing him break would bring her far more satisfaction.

From a young age she had been taught manners and the proper way to act in court around those of station. With him she simply did not care.

Rohana watched with veiled interest as he lifted up his glass and drank, her gaze flickering to watch his Adam's apple bob with each swallow only to return as he made a move to draw the goblet away from his lips. Suddenly it was being forced into her own space, causing a slight look of annoyed confusion to flash across her features just before he spoke, or more so demanded. There was no attempt at niceties in his request, only a simple statement and an over glorified look of smugness on his face. Really she wished he had not finished the wine so instead it could have been emptied on his head, and with the rather unfortunate realization hers too was empty she snatched the chalice from his fingers.

“I am no serving girl, I do-” The lady began, but the sight of red hair moving through the crowd and pausing stole the words from her mouth. Lysandra stood watching from a distance, her dark eyes seeming to scold a reminder that was usually easily forgotten by the Royce woman - all requests shall be completed.

Curse her too.

“Of course, my lord,” Rohana seethed with a tense jaw.

Turning on her heel she brushed past him, making sure to give his shoulder and side a decent shove before making her way towards the kitchens. It was only catching sight of her cousin - Zephyron - that slowed her pace enough to meet his gaze. Family was a subject that was more of a wound to her, but as children she remembered visiting her cousin and playing in the courtyard together. His mother was sister to her father, and one of her more favorite relatives at that, so there would always be some small, soft place for those who had not done her wrong.

“Lord Arryn...it has been some time since I last saw you,” she started carefully, both trying to force herself to seem somewhat her previous self while also brushing over the awkwardness of having been apart for so long. “Lord Hightower is looking for some proper company, I am sure you could do a far better job than I. Let me fetch you another goblet of wine since I am already...filling his and I shall bring it to you both.”

It might have come across as rather forced, but she rather delicately took his goblet and gave a short curtsy before continuing past him as well and into the kitchen. Serving maids flittered around like mice, or perhaps daft birds, and it took her far longer to find the tankards of wine than to actually fill the cups to the brim. First was Zephyron’s, which she carefully set to the side before beginning to fill Wyllam’s, stopping a quarter of the way full with the deepest, most potent of the Dornish Reds before moving to the water spout and filling the cup the rest of the way.

It would be stronger than his last, had he said he wished for it to be full.
archeron.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✺ twelve

Postby brunchman2000 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:28 pm

▓▓▓▓ 𝐖𝐘𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐌 𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑 ▓▓▓━━ son of the hightower - he/him - twenty two - link;
xxxxxxxxxxxx𝚝𝚊𝚐𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚐; rohana, zephyron𝚕𝚘𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗; red keep courtyard𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜; rohana, zephyron
      indenthe could tell he had managed to get under her skin. there was a slight wrinkle of her nose and a curl of her lip and he could see a mass of words forming in her mind that she longed to fire at him. it was entertaining to say the least, watching her fight against what her mind told her to do versus what she had to do, according to her position. it was like jerking the lead of a dog after giving it too much slack, a sharp reminder of who was the real master. it wasn't that he thought he was better than rohana, though. he was sure that they were equals in every sense of the word, but he just couldn't help but keep her in her place a little while he could, for he feared that if he didn't she would get a little too ahead of him. he did still have a reputation to keep up, after all, and he was not about to be humiliated by a handmaiden, even if she was a noble one.
      indentshe took his cup with a flicker of confusion in her gaze before she realized the move he was making. he could acknowledge that it wasn't an entirely fair move, but it was a good one, nonetheless. she began to utter out a few words of protest but something made her stop and change course, probably some reminder that she was technically beneath him and had to do as he said. it was certainly an odd dynamic for someone with a good bloodline such as hers to willingly be putting herself into the place of a servant, but he supposed that he understood it in a way. if he could choose, he would gladly live the simple life of a peasant and cast aside his duties and title. clearly rohana was doing it to escape from something, although he still remained largely in the dark about what exactly that was.
      indenther jaw clenched as she uttered a few last words, this time tame, although the look on her face was anything but. he was actually quite impressed with her level of self control, for it was evident that she was just itching to berate him. he had half wondered before if she would be one to make a scene, but as he got to know her more he came to realize that she wasn't completely lost to the world around her. she had some idea of her role, even if she was still far too outspoken and rude for a servant. he was sure that if he pushed hard enough she could be provoked into eventually doing something, but he wasn't out to make her lose her job, which she clearly enjoyed despite kicking up so much of a fuss.
      indentshe turned away and his gaze followed her, his heart giving a brief pang as it begged for her to stay. he knew she'd only be gone for a brief moment, but he still didn't want her to leave. he, who had never been dependent on anyone in his life, had never longed after someone as he did now... what was this woman doing to him? whatever it was, it was unsettling. but he couldn't dwell on the thought for long, being snapped from his rather pathetic thoughts as he saw rohana suddenly stop beside a young man, sharing a few short words and taking his cup as well. she had gestured in his direction and as she headed off to the kitchens, he was left to lock gazes with the man, whom he now identified as zephyron arryn. wyllam felt a feeling swelling inside of him that he couldn't quite place after observing the interaction. it made him frown hard to see rohana stop and speak with anyone other than him. part of wyllam knew that she was probably just doing her duty as a handmaiden; the man had probably just wanted his drink to be refilled as well. but that didn't change the fact that zephyron was handsome and rohana had looked at him in a knowing way. wyllam was struck with the idea that maybe she was toying with several noble lords, playing multiple games at once. perhaps he wasn't so special after all and this was a part of the king's landing experience, or at least the rohana experience. whatever that feeling was that seemed to be rising up in his chest and causing a furrow in his brow was caused by her, although he had no idea what it was or why he felt it.
      indenthe was once again pulled from his reflections as zephyron walked up to him with a slight hesitation, looking almost awkward and out of place amongst the crowd. wyllam probably should have said something to him, but his mind was clouded with the lingering feeling -- jealousy, it was jealousy that he felt -- and he found himself staring rather blankly at his new company, the frown remaining on his face as he pondered his new revelation.
      indentwyllam hightower, jealous? clearly he'd never felt it in his life because he'd actually struggled to place it at first, but it was undeniable. he couldn't stand to see rohana royce talking with another handsome man, even in passing. but had it been just passing? after all, she had looked at zephyron with something in her eyes, a slight uncertainty in her normally confident body language. he didn't know what this arryn boy thought he was doing with rohana, but wyllam could feel an anger rising toward him. he kept his mouth shut, knowing that if he spoke he might say something harsh in the heat of his emotions. he could see rohana making her way back toward them, but instead of relief he couldn't help but feel skeptical of her. one thing was for certain though; this conversation was going to be quite awkward when she arrived. wyllam was certainly glad that she was carrying a strong drink.
Last edited by brunchman2000 on Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
brunchman2000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

'✧ lyanna [003]

Postby honeycomb ` » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:16 am

x//xxYANNA ARGARYEN!!!
      xxx[ mood // xxx ]xx[ tagged // elio, faenerys, the rally ]xx[ mentions // rhaello ]xx[ wc // 1392 ]xx
      ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
      xxxParts of what of what faenerys was saying made no sense to lyanna. She has always been skeptical of what this self-proclaimed seer had to say to her, and even more so now that she did a reading without that of rangvalder’s flames; something that she had never done before. Lyanna knew all too well that this was not going to be an easy war. Her brother had a vast army and a navy to back him, along with he rumors that he was going to be put in contact with a Dothraki khaleesi who had made her way to westros. While lyanna had the loyalty that no one could buy, she lacked the seer force and man power that her brother had been able to gather in his ranks. What shook the Targaryen princess to the core was when faenerys said that there would need to be a sacrifice made to win this war, the only thing that she could imagine was loosing her family, along with fin and rangvalder. They were what the bastard princess treasured most in the world; they who she would not trade for any amount of riches and power.
      xxxThe only thing that lyanna could do was stare into faenerys’ eyes, trying to get a read on if this woman was actually telling her was a truthful future or if following this reading was to lead to her inevitable defeat at the hands of rhaello. “Thank you faenerys, I will make sure to share this with my privy council and we will convene once the rally has finished,” she told the seer. Candidly she was more likely to confide in Finredan later that day, as she was more confident that he would give her both a realistic point of view and a truthful answer to her questions. The buzz of the crowd outside made lyanna snap out of her gaze which had been locked on the seer since she entered the room. It was time; not that lyanna was ready to present a speech in front on many men and women who had gathered to finally see and hear the exiled Targaryen princess speak for her cause and claim to the throne. “I will take my leave now faenerys. Please join us at the rally if you feel like making an appearance” she told the seer coldly before turning to leave, taking elio’s hand in her own. She led her cousin to where the rest of the dornish men where waiting for lord stark to begin speaking. “I will find you once the rally is over. I must introduce you to my family here and convene with the war council now that you will be apart of it,” she told him quietly, before heading towards where ursa and the rest of the starks stood.
      xxxLyanna listened as lord stark spoke about her brother’s tyranny and the things that he had done not only to her, but others of westros. Rhaello had a reputation which did not match that of the child she used to know while living at king’s landing. She remember him to be quiet the child, always crying when he didn’t get what he wanted and never wanting to share anything that he deemed to belong to him. Thinking about it now, it made sense that he was the way he is as an adult. It frightened her that the brother who once used to cower and cry for thalia, his mother, now was burning villages and enslaving or killing those who did not bend the knee to him. This war was more about staking a claim to the iron throne for her, it was about ending his reign of terror. To her, the people of westros and those who were allied but fought for independence deserved someone who sat on the throne with pride, but not for themselves, but for the people who they were charged with ruling over.
      xxxOnce lord stark had finished speaking the crowed road loudly, slightly startling lyanna to the point where she found herself reaching for finredan’s hand. It was warm to the touch, and as the two of them interlocked fingers she felt some of her anxieties about speaking to the vast crowd melt away. The Targaryen princess looked down when she felt the lack of rings on his hands, only to see the ring she had given him during their betrothal announcement. Had he taken off the others before the rally? Lyanna could never understand why he was she bashful about displaying that he also had stark blood running through his veins. She found that he told her repeatedly that he had nothing to give her but himself, but that she would in turn tell him that it was enough for her. Before she was able to look back up at Finredan to offer him a soft smile, lord stark pulled her forward to stand by him, gesturing that it was her turn to speak to the crowd.
      xxx“When I was a child, rhaello and I used to play together, or at least I would try to play with him and he would just get frustrated and enraged, saying that I was impure dirty; because of the dornish blood that runs through my veins. Both he and thalia never realized that I was never after the throne to begin with, but my father legitimized me the day I was born which they saw as a threat. My mother died at the hands of thalia’s poison and soon after I lost both my elder brother, rhaenaris who had always been kind to me, and my father who had treated me as though was I not born to his mistress. Rhaenaris would have made a great king, who would have been patient and fair with his people. I have no doubt in my mind that he would have supported the north’s claim for independence, and that is one of the primary reasons that I will do the same. My claim to the iron throne has nothing to do with an excessive need for power as rhaello’s does; in fact, I am stating my claim to the throne because I am not rhaello and never will be. He is incapable of love or compassion unless he sees that it will benefit him. He cares for only himself and what others can give him, but never what he could give them. His pride makes him forget that being king does not mean that one gets to sit atop the iron throne and bark orders, but it means to take care of those who are under his charge. Those who are less fortunate than he is, that need the aid that he could easily supply but doesn’t. to him, people are expendable, and replaceable. I could not tell you the amount of handmaidens and kinsguard that have been ‘replaced’ by him just because they have displeased him in some way. I cannot promise that I will be a perfect queen of westros, but I can promise that I will honor the north’s and dorne’s independence from westros, and even maybe the iron island. I promise to rule fairly and righteously and be held accountable for my mistakes because I am only human. I plan to bring my children up the same way that lord stark has raised his; with compassion, but also strength and loyalty. So I plead of all of you, that have travelled so far just to hear my calls of aid, please help me take back the iron throne and end this prince’s silly game at power.”
      xxxThe whole thing had made her anxious, lyanna could feel her head swaying as she stepped back, away from the crowed and closer to both ursa and Finredan. For a few moments the crowd was silent, she wondered if she had said something wrong, or had offended the north in some way. It was not until warren stark, the uncle of the main family began cheering that the rest of the northmen and travelers did too. She could hear the battle cries and excitement from the crowd as they canted her name. the only thing that lyanna could think about was if she had made her mother and father proud, and if she was ready for the war ahead of her.

honeycomb `

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby brunchman2000 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:45 pm

retconned
Last edited by brunchman2000 on Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
brunchman2000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ella // 003

Postby azhefa. » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:27 pm

Removed
Last edited by azhefa. on Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
azhefa.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

2 ✧ rheva tully

Postby winterfell. » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:28 pm

✧ -- ( RHEVA TULLY ) ─────────────────────────────────
        xxx" 𝚃𝙷𝙴𝚈 𝚆𝙴𝚁𝙴 𝙺𝙸𝙳𝚂 𝚃𝙷𝙰𝚃 𝙸 𝙾𝙽𝙲𝙴 𝙺𝙽𝙴𝚆 !! 𝙽𝙾𝚆 𝚃𝙷𝙴𝚈'𝚁𝙴 𝙰𝙻𝙻 𝙳𝙴𝙰𝙳 𝙷𝙴𝙰𝚁𝚃𝚂 𝚃𝙾 𝚈𝙾𝚄 !! "
        [ location : red keep courtyard ] [ role : lady of riverrun ] [ tagged : austen, roselyn ] [ 1386 words ]

- - - - -The tension between Austen and Roselyn began to spike after a moment. Pretty eyes. It was such a subtle, seemingly meaningless phrase, just two simple words. All she did was describe something that Austen was incapable of changing. And yet, Rheva could practically smell the combination of joy and panic radiating from her eldest brother, a sensation that she'd noticed only Lady Roselyn seemed capable of bringing out of him. The wine he was chugging was surely not helping his situation. If he was ever going to do something stupid and jeopardize his little secret, it was going to be now. She supposed that was why he was so swift to change the subject, immediately dropping all the reminiscing. She perked up when he spoke her name, but her blood immediately ran cold. She was certain the color had completely drained from her face. She knew that the only reason her mother allowed her to leave Riverrun in the first place was to try and sell her off to a lord, distraught that her only daughter had yet to be wed. While Rheva knew that it was her duty, her purpose to be married and bare a lord's children, the prospect of such a life terrified her. How else was she supposed to feel when she'd been sheltered from men for the majority of her life? And, with Austen's insistence that he would never marry -- a load of crap as far as she was concerned -- and Fionn leaving for the Kingsguard, Rheva wondered if she should be traded away to another great house. What if she was needed at home? But more than that, she found herself perpetually afraid of the type of man she could be promised to. The lands within Westeros weren't particularly known for their compassionate rulers and Rheva wasn't prepared to deal with a hard man. She knew that, surely, not all of the men in the courtyard at the moment were worrisome, but she didn't have much faith in anyone who chose to keep the dragon's company. But, if she had to be forced to familiarize herself with these scary strangers, at least she felt safer with her brothers -- and her dear friend, Roselyn -- by her side. She laughed at Fionn's input, thrilled that her twin could interject with some lesser-known-but-still-important information. "Poor thing. He's far too young to be so jaded," she said. She noted how Austen's eyes went narrow at the presence of another lord, tilting her head and looking between the two. She blinked at her brother's words. They seemed a bit... harsh? But, frankly, she didn't know enough to argue with him, nor did she particularly care to. If Austen told her to avoid a man, that he was untrustworthy and irredeemable, she had no reason to doubt him. "What a shame," she said. At the overview of the ironborn -- the entirety of which just consisted of : absolutely not -- Rheva quirked an eyebrow. "Salt wives? What of their real wives?" she asked. She always found the ironborn and their ways to be much too harsh and violent for her liking, so she didn't take much time to understand their culture. She'd heard the term salt wife before, but never fully understood it. Was it just a favored mistress? A not-so-secret paramour? He called out the distinct lack of Baratheons, Lannisters, and Starks at the Red Keep, something Rheva had noted earlier on as well. She had expected as much from the Starks, at the very least. Northerners didn't like to travel south often and they didn't take too kindly to kinslayers. However, the lack of stags and lions was a little strange. She figured they would pledge their support to Rhaello Targaryen for the sake of self-preservation -- not unlike the Tullys -- at the very least. "I'll admit, it's a little concerning," she said, not wanting to completely agree with Austen's slander. "It seems that our dear mother will be waiting a while longer to see her daughter married off," she said after a moment. She noted the less-than-sincere smile on Lady Roselyn's lips, wondering what was going through the poor woman's head. Perhaps it was just the wine. The wine was, obviously, getting to her and to Austen. Her eldest brother was beyond tipsy at the moment, no doubt because of his obvious and undying love for the woman by his side. It made her wonder, was he speaking so ill of the Westerosi noblemen for Rheva's benefit, or was he intending for all of this to be directed at the woman who truly held his heart? "Truth be told, I care more that my darling brother is married to a woman he loves. Perhaps such a match is closer than he thinks," she said, grinning up at Austen.

- - - - -Her brother's arms wrapped lazily around her shoulder, the other draping over Roselyn. A miniscule smirk came over Rheva's lips once more, certain that her brother was only including her in this pseudo-hug-or-what-have-you to try and mask the fact that he wanted to be closer to his precious Roselyn. To be fair, he was rather good at subtleties. In fact, Rheva was pretty sure she was the only one who knew about his borderline obsession with the Mallister girl. She'd learned by accident and was only then able to start lining the pieces up, explaining some of his actions and the way he spoke. It added new meaning and motivation to Austen's behavior and gave her a deeper understanding of her eldest brother. It was fun to watch, admittedly and, for the first time in her life, it made Rheva feel that she had some bit of power, in a sense. Not that she would ever utilize her brother's secret for personal gain. That was just cruel. But the fact that she had some sort of forbidden knowledge, no matter how insignificant, made her feel like a true lady of Westeros. Truthfully, the knowledge also made her sad. Roselyn had been promised to other men before and she was certain it would happen again, should Austen not be brave and ask for her hand himself. He was the Lord Paramount of the Trident. Realistically speaking, Roselyn's father should leap at the chance to marry his daughter off to such a suitor. But, alas, Austen was an idiot. He grew nostalgic, Roselyn's childhood nickname slipping from his lips. Rheva had to fight to keep from rolling her eyes and stashing the two away in a broom closet somewhere. She was beginning to feel more and more like a third wheel, like she was intruding on a meeting between two lovers and no one was rude enough to ask her to leave. But then she noted the hurt in her dear friend's eyes, which only confused her further. At Austen's words, though, Rheva found herself reminiscing once more, wanting nothing more than to crawl back into her bedchambers at Riverrun only to wake up in the body of her child self. She wanted to be free to play again, to chase cats in the courtyard and recruit other children to play tag with her and Fionn. She wanted to venture out into the forest with her closest companions again, conquer her fear of the ghosts outside of High Heart. She wanted to go back to living a life she enjoyed, rather than being forced from the comfort and safety of the keep to bow before a dragon and be traded away to a man she didn't know. She wanted to go back and meddle in her dear brothers' lives. She wanted to find a way to keep Fionn from ever having to leave for King's Landing so that she wouldn't have had to spend the last three years so lonely. She wanted to use Austen's secret crush to help him, to somehow get he and Roselyn together so that he could be happy as Lord of Riverrun. He deserved it. "I have a list," she commented quietly, looking between her dear friend and her beloved brothers. She had so much that she would change. "My biggest wish is that we should all be together again," she admitted. "And that Austen wise up and stop taking me on little adventures that give me nightmares," she teased, trying to break the tension.
winterfell.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me