protector of the realm // game of thrones // closed

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

protector of the realm // game of thrones // closed

Postby baenerys » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:14 am

"PROTECTOR OF THE REALM"!!

noble houses fight for their place on the iron throne,
as they believe is their right.

with dragons now 'extinct', the playing field is level
for a game of thrones.

*loosely based on a song of ice and fire/game of thrones,
purely for using house names and locations*
Last edited by baenerys on Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
baenerys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

protector of the realm // game of thrones // rules

Postby baenerys » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:15 am

RULES!!
    • Obey the CS rules.
    • This rp is semi-literate. I expect a good chunky paragraph (400 words at least), preferably more.
    • There is a limit of 2 characters per player. Who am I kidding lmaooOOO - Of course you are welcome to mention side characters ! The houses etc listed in the characters list is only a guide, you are welcome to make characters of any house etc. I am happy to add side character names, faceclaims etc to the character list also.
    • Please create your own forms and put them in the FORMS thread.
    • Please remove your signature for the main thread.
    • First come, first served - do not PM reserves, simply post at least a basic form on the FORMS thread! I will PM you if you have or haven't been accepted.
    • If you have a pivotal character in mind, chat with me first, I'd be happy to try and work something out. This is all very much so an open discussion!
    • There is currently no cap on the number of characters per house. I encourage siblings and other relatives!
Last edited by baenerys on Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
baenerys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

protector of the realm // game of thrones // characters

Postby baenerys » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:20 am

THE CROWNLANDS!! // Captial: King's Landing // Claimant(s): House Targaryen // Illegitimate Children: Waters

• HOUSE TARGARYEN // FIRE AND BLOOD // OF DRAGONSTONE
      RHAEGAN TARGARYEN // deceased, father of rhaenaris etc // cast by baenerys
      xxxdied age 50 following a single combat fight against rhaello when he was 16. loved his family but cared for little else.
      xxxfathered a bastard & legitimized her instantly, to the distaste of his wife. dedicated follower of r'hllor.
      THALIA REDWYNE TARGARYEN // deceased, mother of rhaenaris etc // cast by baenerys
      xxxdied age 43 during ironborn uprising when her ship went down off the coast of pyke.
      xxxthe aunt of erac redwyne & tallulah redwyne (named in her honour), who was like a daughter to her.
      RHAENARIS TARGARYEN // deceased, eldest targaryen son // cast by baenerys
      xxxdied age 27 during an uprising of ironborn on the iron islands
      xxxolder than rhaello by 2 years; his red dragon pyre died also during ironborn uprising. was betrothed to vaenya celtigar.
      ELAEMERA TARGARYEN // ELAINE BLACKTHORN // lost princess, eldest targaryen daughter // played by azhefa
      xxxthought to have died in childbirth. stolen away to essos by a desperate handmaid.
      xxxreturned to westeros with a small dragon & an egg, hopeful to reunite with her family.
      RHAELLO TARGARYEN //current king of westeros, brat // played by baenerys
      xxxhas been king these past three years after putting his father on an early death bed via single combat;
      xxxan entitled brat trying to keep the seven kingdoms together with little success
      RHAELLA LYANNA TARGARYEN // dragon mother of winterfell // played by saturn
      xxxlegitimized bastard daughter of nathara martell & rhaegan targaryen.
      xxxexiled north when rhaello took the crown.
    • THE SMALL COUNCIL // OF RHAELLO TARGARYEN
      EDRIC PENROSE // hand of the king // cast by baenerys
      xxxwas master of coin for rhaegan and rhaenaris. ambitious rat.
      LUCERYS VELAYRON // master of ships // cast by dolce
      xxxhas been lord of driftmark & master of ships since rhaegan came into the throne. father of daena.
      HARWIN HAWICK // grand maester // cast by baenerys
      xxxgentle old man, wise advisor. has been grand maester for generations.
      LIA VAITH // master of whisperers // cast by baenerys
      xxxbraavosi woman who joined rhaello following his exploits throughout essos. ruthless & pitiless.
      JAMESON TYRELL // master of coin // cast by cookie
      xxxstern & focused, only listens to money & power. not easily swayed by his emotion. covers up his daughter indiscretions without fault.
    • THE KINGSGUARD // OF RHAELLO TARGARYEN
      GARRICK YARWYCK // lord commander of kingsguard // cast by baenerys
      xxxhardened warrior. weapon of choice: halberd.
      FIONN TULLY // cast by dolce
      xxxbrother of austen tully. newest addition to kingsguard. weapon of choice: sword.
      OISIN BARATHEON // cast by baenerys
      xxxbull-headed, one brain cell. cousin of brad & belle. weapon of choice: warhammer.
      RICKARD THORNE // cast by baenerys
      xxxcruel & unforgiving. short man syndrome. weapon of choice: flail.
      CALEB FOWLER // cast by baenerys
      xxxreligious zealot, loyal only to r'hllor & rhaello. weapon of choice: spear.
      RODGER RYSWELL // cast by baenerys
      xxxhad to renounce the old gods for r'hllor & doesn't regret it. weapon of choice: sword.
      MARKUS BULWER // cast by baenerys
      xxxpessimistic brat. chatterbox. weapon of choice: axe.
    • THE COURT // OF RHAELLO TARGARYEN
      DARIA // myrish sellsword // cast by baenerys
      xxxjoined rhaello when he travelled essos. strong believer in r'hllor. fights vicious & ruthless with a dirk.
      SUNNIVA THALOS // commander of tyroshi fleet // played by baenerys
      xxxjoined rhaello when he travelled essos. strong believer in r'hllor. broguth zhali & the dothraki across the sea.
      EIRA // red priestess // cast by baenerys
      xxxnative of asshai but met rhaello in braavos. believes he is azor ahai.
      ROHANA ROYCE // handmaiden // played by archeron
      xxxdisgraced daughter of lord royce, sent to king's landing to be handmaiden in rhaello's court.
      ZEPHYRON ARRYN // fourth-born son // played by tawnie
      xxxsent to king's landing to keep the king's peace & hating every moment of it tbh.
    • HOUSE VELARYON // THE OLD, THE TRUE, THE BRAVE
      EDAIN CELTIGAR VELARYON // lady of driftmark // cast by dolce
      xxxwife of lucerys. rules driftmark in his absence.
      DAENA VELARYON // heir of driftmark // played by dolce
      xxxdaughter of lucerys, frequent guest of rhaello's court. well-travelled.
    • HOUSE CELTIGAR // OF CLAW ISLAND
      GALAERION CELTIGAR // deceased, lord of claw island // cast by tawnie
      xxxnotes
      PHAEDRA CELTIGAR // deceased, lady of claw island // cast by tawnie
      xxxnotes
      VAENYA CELTIGAR // deceased daughter of galaerion // cast by tawnie
      xxxwas betrothed to rhaenaris targaryen
      BAELYX CELTIGAR // lord of driftmark // cast by tawnie
      xxxnotes
      AMPELIA ULLER // betrothed to baelyx // cast by tawnie
      xxxnotes

THE STORMLANDS!! // Captial: Storm's End // Claimant(s): House Baratheon // Illegitimate Children: Storm

• HOUSE BARATHEON // OURS IS THE FURY
      BRADLEY BARATHEON // lord of storm's end // played by crazycookiemonster
      BELLEROPHAN BARATHEON // lord of storm's end // played by phantasmagoric
    • HOUSE TARTH // WORDS UNKNOWN
      NAME // role // played by
    • HOUSE PENROSE // SET DOWN OUR DEEDS
      EDRIC PENROSE // hand of the king // cast by baenerys
      xxxwas master of coin for the previous king - ambitious rat

DORNE!! // Captial: Sunspear // Claimant(s): House Martell // Illegitimate Children: Sand

• HOUSE MARTELL // UNBOWED, UNBENT, UNBROKEN
    • HOUSE DAYNE // WORDS UNKNOWN
    • HOUSE YRONWOOD // WE GUARD THE WAY
    • HOUSE BLACKMONT // WORDS UNKNOWN

THE REACH!! // Captial: Highgarden // Claimant(s): House Tyrell // Illegitimate Children: Flowers

• HOUSE TYRELL // GROWING STRONG
      ZARA TYRELL // lady of highgarden // played by crazycookiemonster
    • HOUSE HIGHTOWER // WE LIGHT THE WAY
    • HOUSE OAKHEART // OUR ROOTS GO DEEP
    • HOUSE TARLY // FIRST IN BATTLE
    • HOUSE REDWYNE // WORDS UNKNOWN

THE WESTERLANDS!! // Captial: Casterly Rock // Claimant(s): House Lannister // Illegitimate Children: Hill

• HOUSE LANNISTER // HEAR ME ROAR
    • HOUSE CLEGANE // WORDS UNKNOWN
    • HOUSE PAYNE // WORDS UNKNOWN
    • HOUSE SWYFT // AWAKE! AWAKE!
    • HOUSE WESTERLING // HONOR, NOT HONORS

THE IRON ISLANDS!! // Captial: Pyke // Claimant(s): House Greyjoy // Illegitimate Children: Pyke

• HOUSE GREYJOY // WE DO NOT SOW
      EURYBEA GREYJOY // lady of the iron islands // played by phantasmagoric
    • HOUSE HARLAW // WORDS UNKNOWN
    • HOUSE BLACKTYDE // WORDS UNKNOWN

THE RIVERLANDS!! // Captial: Riverrun // Claimant(s): House Tully // Illegitimate Children: Rivers

• HOUSE TULLY // FAMILY, DUTY, HONOR
    • HOUSE DARRY // WORDS UNKNOWN
    • HOUSE FREY // WE STAND TOGETHER
    • HOUSE MALLISTER // ABOVE THE REST

THE VALE!! // Captial: The Eyrie // Claimant(s): House Arryn // Illegitimate Children: Stone

• HOUSE ARRYN // AS HIGH AS HONOR
    • HOUSE BAELISH // WORDS UNKNOWN
    • HOUSE REDFORT // AS STRONG AS STONE
    • HOUSE ROYCE // WE REMEMBER

THE NORTH!! // Captial: Winterfell // Claimant(s): House Stark // Illegitimate Children: Snow

• HOUSE STARK // WINTER IS COMING
      URSA STARK // lady of winterfell // played by baenerys
    • HOUSE REED // WORDS UNKNOWN
    • HOUSE BOLTON // OUR BLADES ARE SHARP
      RODERIC BOLTON // lord of the dreadfort // played by frog
    • HOUSE GLOVER // WORDS UNKNOWN
    • HOUSE HORNWOOD // RIGHTEOUS IN WRATH
    • HOUSE KARSTARK // THE SUN OF WINTER
    • HOUSE MANDERLY // WORDS UNKNOWN
    • HOUSE MORMONT // HERE WE STAND
    • HOUSE UMBER // WORDS UNKNOWN

BEYOND THE WALL!! // Captial: N/A // Claimant(s): N/A // Illegitimate Children: N/A

• WILDLINGS // OF THE REAL NORTH
      KAELYN // wildling spearwife // played by tai

ESSOS AND BEYOND!! // Captial: N/A // Claimant(s): N/A // Illegitimate Children: N/A

• THE SUMMER ISLES // OF THE SOUTHERN SEAS
    • THE GREAT GRASS SEA // OF THE DOTHRAKI HORSELORDS
    • BEYOND // THE CHARTED LANDS
Last edited by baenerys on Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:21 am, edited 9 times in total.
baenerys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

protector of the realm // game of thrones // relations

Postby baenerys » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:22 am

[ reserving this post for any significant house alliances etc ! ]
baenerys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

protector of the realm // game of thrones // additional info

Postby baenerys » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:23 am

[ reserving this post for any additional info including pre-rp backstory ! ]
baenerys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

protector of the realm // game of thrones // open

Postby baenerys » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:35 am

OPEN!!
    • Please post your forms HERE
    • Remember: no need to pm reserves, simply post a basic form on the forms thread.
    • Discord will be sent out via pm upon acceptance.
    • We can use this interactive map for all of our location needs!

UPDATES!!
    • There are currently no updates.
baenerys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

rhaello // 001

Postby baenerys » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:35 am

x
    ↪↪ 𝐑 𝐇 𝐀 𝐄 𝐋 𝐋 𝐎
      xxxking of westeros // mentions: the seven kingdoms // tags: zara, daena
      xxxIt had never occurred to him that the nobility of Westeros might come to resent and reject his position as King, Protector of the Realm, and all the other titles that came when one sat upon the Iron Throne. Rhaello Targaryen, first of his name, blood of the dragon, the rightful heir to the throne and the only surviving Targaryen. Only four years ago, things had been different - he was the second-born son, heir only to Dragonstone. It was a pitiful inheritance in comparison to an elder brother who would come to be King of the Seven Kingdoms. Rhaenaris had been born to wear a crown, and he had relished in it, always so involved in the intricacies of ruling a realm, asserting authority before their father’s body was cold. He had never been kindly or gentle, but ruled his brief reign with an iron fist that was met promptly with steel and blood. He barely lasted the year. It was a disagreement with the ironborn that started it, something about them raiding the western coast, looting the Arbor, and when King Rhaenaris sailed off to put them in his place, he drowned at sea when a terrible storm brewed as if concocted by the ironborn god. The ironborn put their raids on hold for a week or two, while Rhaello claimed the crown, rushed into a coronation, and had his stupid, wretched half-blood sister tossed up into the northern wastes, out of sight and out of mind. While Rhaenaris had been keen to stomp out the ironborn pillaging, Rhaello could see their uses and how they might be exploited. He’d known the ironborn from when he was a boy, always so fascinated with their ways of life, and just as his older brother had turned his nose up at the smugglers and pirates, Rhaello had learned a great deal from their methods. He struck a deal with them: quit raiding Westerosi land and set their sights or greater, richer targets in Essos for some time, and he would arrange wealthy marriages for some of their most noble households. It worked quite neatly, though some of the houses were outraged at being sold to reavers, but the west coast held their tongues, for it seemed a small price to pay in comparison to the treachery that had already befallen them.
      xxxIt had seemed to him, then, that he had an understanding with the ironborn, and that they were indeed powerful allies. With support from the Velayron and Redwyne fleets, combined with that of the Iron Islands, he had a viciously powerful navy at his disposal. People - noble and peasant alike - came to fear the power of this young Targaryen King when he massacred the island of Tarth, when they refused to provide ships or sailors to the royal fleet. He tore the sapphires from the mines and burned their towns and villages to ash. Nobody had dared to rise in rebellion. With the fleet at his disposal, any settlement along the coast or rivers had his wrath to fear. Those further inland remained meek, because with the wealth of the raid on Tarth now in his pockets, Rhaello had hired lethal sell swords from across Essos to join the ranks of his army, in addition to the Westerosi men and women soldiers dedicated to him largely out of fear, or awe, or even admiration. He gave Tarth to the ironborn, to rebuild from the ashes, now practically a barren wasteland, but still useful for its strategic position along the coast.
      xxxIt had all been somewhat quiet from that point, until the Lannisters - proud, pretentious fools as they were - had held back when they quite literally struck gold in their mines, hoping to keep the wealth secret for their own gain. Rhaello had the ironborn pillage Lannisport as a threat, things got out of hand, and the alliance between the crown and the reavers came to a brief and abrupt cataclysmic halt. Thaumas Greyjoy, the old git that had been so eager to pillage, whined that it had been Rhaello’s command to raid Lannisport. He hadn’t been far wrong, per se, but Rhaello denied involvement and had the Lord Reaper and Salt Priest charred and turned to ash beneath Rue’s dragonfire. She was not yet an adult - not yet quite big enough to ride - but she would be the greatest, deadliest dragon since Balerion the Black Dread, once she grew to adulthood. Only a couple more years, and she would be razing cities to the ground, not just disloyal, treasonous wretches like Thaumas Greyjoy.
      xxxThe ironborn uprising had since quelled, and they retreated back to their islands with their tails between their legs, raising the old lord’s daughter to the salt throne. Rhaello allowed this as she was much easier to keep a leash on than her unpredictable, wildfire father. Still, the rebellion of an ally that had previously been so favoured had left a sour taste in his mouth. Almost a year had passed since the end of the rebellion, and there were now whispers of disloyalty reaching his ears. Treason was punishable by death. And he would root the lot of these heathens out, to quake beneath his wrath.
      xxxHe had Penrose send the letter to each of the highest noble houses in each part of the realm, calling each of them to the capital to renew their oaths of fealty. Among the potential traitors were the Dornishmen and the Northerners; whispers claimed that they were keen to support his removal in favour of placing his wicked half-sister on the throne. He had come to regret exiling her into the northern wastes; when he had stripped her legitimacy previously granted by his idiot father, Rhaello had sent her up north in assumption that she, so unaccustomed to their weather and lifestyle, would surely perish quite conveniently, and her pet dragon - pity as it was to lose Rue’s last sibling - would die there from the cold as well. It did not seem to be the case. Rather, the rumours were fast spreading that she was rallying northern support, claiming that the seven kingdoms would dissolve and each would become independent again, as they had been in the days before the Targaryen dynasty. It sickened him to think that she was using his father’s name to gain support only to tear down their family legacy.
      xxxHe pondered on all of this in cold silence. The throne room, which he had been expecting to soon be filled with nobles ready to bend the knee, consistent at that moment of only those sworn with unrelenting loyalty to him - the small council and their family members already present in the capital, along with the kingsguard whose oaths were among the most binding in all of Westeros. They mostly stood in silence, grim and solemn, but for Zara Tyrell, stupid insolent daughter to Rhaello’s master of coin. She strutted about court as if it was always a party, dressed in fine but simple clothes, a gossip and flirtatious witch that had a number of guards and lordlings wrapped around her pretty little finger. As irritating as she could be, she at least wasn’t afraid to speak with him, as was the case with most women and men of the court who shied away beneath his cold gaze. He preferred Daena Velayron’s company - her stories of travel abroad were interesting, and she did not invade his personal space the way the Tyrell woman did. He found himself glancing in the direction of the lady with white hair, silky smooth in a stark contrast to his own wild, unruly waves. The Velayron family were the one household he knew to be truly and wholly loyal to him, and they had never given him any reason to doubt them. The Tyrells had a familial tie to the Lannisters, which made him wary, but they had seemed to care little for the Lady of Casterly Rock when she had died at the hands of ironborn pillaging. The men in his kingsguard were from all about Westeros, the most recent addition being the second born Tully son, and the most useless being a bullheaded Baratheon with one brain cell and with the strength of a bear. There were a few others in the kingsguard but from lesser families that posed no threat and gave no reason for him to doubt their loyalties. Still, he had expected a great deal of nobility to arrive in the Red Keep, and yet, the throne room presently only hosted the usual cliques.
      xxxHe was seldom a quietly patient man. He voiced his impatience when it became an inconvenience. The nobility murmured in soft voices, fires crackled in the braziers, and all the while, he sat in silence, palms resting on the pommels of the swords crested along the arms of the throne. His thumb ran over the heavy silver ring that had once been his father's, the ruby glinting blood red in the firelight. And curled at his feet, her pale violent eyes cold and set on the entrance hall door, lay the last true Targaryen dragon. Rue was so like Rhaello that it was uncanny, both in appearance - lean, mean, and haunting violet eyes - but also in nature. Just as men recoiled beneath the king's icy gaze, so they did with Rue's cruel glare.
      xxx"I grow weary of waiting," he said in a clear tone above the murmurs. The nobles looked up at him from their perches on pews lining the plain of the throne room. "It would not surprise me if the Dornish hid away in the mountains or those of the Westerlands had been involved in northern rallies - but really, I had expected better from some."
      xxxThe words had a distinctly cold tone. His irises flashed across the room to Fionn Tully and Óisín Baratheon; though they had renounced the familial ties in favour of serving the king for as long as they should live, it did not bode well that their relatives had not made swift way to the capital. Accompanying Zara Tyrell were a number of noble ladies from the Reach, whose fathers would surely in turn arrive also. Tally Redwyne was back at the Arbor, replenishing ships and supplies for the inevitable invading of northern lands. Princess Nariel of Dorne was dying a slow and weary death, but she had two sons and a daughter that could take her place at his call, though it seemed they would not show their faces either. The Arryns would come - one of the three men at least - though it would be out of fear, not loyalty. His lazy gaze drifted up from Rue's jet scales and across the room as one of the nobles spoke up, shortly followed then by the grand doors opening to reveal the first to bend the knee.
baenerys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

֎ 𝐈

Postby radio.active. » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:16 pm

𝐄𝐔𝐑𝐘𝐁𝐄𝐀 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐘𝐉𝐎𝐘
the queen of the iron islands ֎֎֎ the deck of the sea bear; the streets of king's landing
tags; torr harlaw, npcs
֎֎֎ mentions; the greyjoys, the targaryens, mostly rhaello though
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
      indentSeveral hours had passed since the queen of the Iron Islands had settled herself onto the edge of her great black ship, her stormy grey eyes only a few shades lighter than the roiling waves that lined the horizon and held her attention captive. The faint tingle that sprouted in her legs as they slowly went numb was all that kept her aware of her surroundings, though the crew of the Sea Bear knew better than to disturb her. Even the lowest cabin boy knew that the newly crowned Greyjoy was not one to rouse from her thoughts. Somewhere out there, beyond the rank-smelling and disgraceful waves of the Gullet and held in the eternal grip of the sea's jagged clutches, lay countless Ironborn men. The souls of her drowned ancestors and their comrades, who had feasted in the sea's watery halls under the careful protection of the Drowned God for millennia, would no doubt be welcoming the newest additions to their ranks as the currents of Blackwater Bay threw smallfolk fishing boats about like toys. Although it had been months since Eurybea had stoically watched the masts of the Crying Storm descend to the floor of Ironman's Bay, it was hardly uncommon for her companions to find her gazing absently into the horizon, deep in thought as she plotted to avenge her father.
      indentThough only a fool would believe her bereft.
      indentThe rotting remains of Lord Thaumas Greyjoy lay at the bottom of the bay for a reason. The crew did not know the reason, though they knew better than to pry or pick their lady's brain for it. The blank stare with which she had witnessed the shipwreak told them plenty. There had been collateral damage, of course. Her younger brother, Scamander, had been aboard their father's ship, though his death is the only she would ever openly admit to grieving. The boy had been a few weeks shy of seventeen, just barely cresting into manhood before his life and auspicious military career were cut short.
      indentA tiny, nearly inaudible prayer spilled from her lips before she could process it."What is dead may never die, little brother," she whispered into the frozen air. Bea had long lost track of how many times she had uttered the words, though she still found an ounce of solace in speaking them. Eurybea Greyjoy found peace in the maelstrom that was the Ironborn religion, ironic as it was for the queen to so loyally follow such a misogynistic practice. Geras Drumm himself had scoffed at her when she had suggested a kingsmoot to prove her worth; the ancient priest had just shy of laughed her out of the hall for the implication that she could do such a thing as a woman laying claim to the throne of Pyke.
      indentWho laughs now, Drumm? Surely not your wretched corpse trapped beneath the wreckage of the former king's ship.
      indentThe tingling in Eurybea's limbs had turned to a burning assault of pins and needles, forcing her to rise and face the music despite the bile that rose in her throat.
      indentThe queen of the Iron Islands hated many things. She hated the sounds of metal on metal in battle, the eerie lack of screaming winds on the eastern coasts of Westeros, the feeling of sitting astride the golden destrier that she had been forced to ride on her first visit to the crownlands. But these burning hatreds paled in comparison to the raging fire she felt for the city cresting over the horizon before her. The jagged skyline of the city roused a sickly feeling in her belly, a feeling that grew more and more bitter tasting the closer her fleet drew to King's Landing. Or perhaps, she wondered, she hated what the city held.
      indentIn every sense of the word, Eurybea hated the new king of Westeros in all his coddled, blasé arrogance. He had turned a cowardly cheek to his role in her father's endeavors and, while the Lord Thaumas Greyjoy was hardly father of the year, to be a turncoat is to be undeserving of any ounce of respect. She had spent many hours carefully spelling out the message to the whole of King's Landing, much to the chagrin of both her ladies and Commander Harlaw. Unlike the new king, however, her subjects remained steadfastly loyal. The Iron Fleet sailed confidently across Blackwater Bay, their black sails and swift progress across the bay announcing their presence long before docking at Kingsport. Rhaello Targaryen might see her fleet from his cushy apartments within the Red Keep.
      indentIn fact, Eurybea prayed that he would, bending the Drowned One's ear every moment she got in the hopes that the self-proclaimed dragon king would catch sight of the golden krakens, making the message impossible to miss, even to the blindest of men. The fleet docked in near silence, the crews of the ships moving in perfect sync as they had thousands of times before. Eurybea would have been among them, hollering commands and hauling the ropes beside her crew, but Bea had somewhere to be. The black cloak she had donned billowed behind her quite dramatically as she disembarked the Sea Bear accompanied only by her lady, Minerva, Commander Harlaw, and the her beloved eagle.
      indentThe trio did not approach the Red Keep. If they could help it, they would not step beyond the city's inner walls this entire trip, yet they made no efforts to hide themselves. They strode through the lower streets of the city, pausing at the occasional vendor or stepping into one of the many crowded shops along the way. Eurybea would not permit even a dragon to command her, and may the Drowned God help the man who tried.
      indentThe sun had begun to sunk, casting long shadows across the city by the time Bea let out a satisfied hmph. The three had settled into a shady patio outside one of the finer taverns in the city. By now word would certainly have reached the king, and if all had gone according to plan that wretched man would have had plenty of time to stew in his rage. If he did not know already, the fact that the Targaryen family was positively last on her list of concerns would be abundantly clear by the time the tides fell this evening.
      indent"I suspect it is time to face the dragon den, hm?" she humored, swirling the last of her mead. "Though I doubt we must rush. The tide will fall when the Drowned One commands it, and no sooner, and I do believe this 'king' will have to learn such a fact if he desires the Iron Fleet."
radio.active.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: protector of the realm // game of thrones // open

Postby fortissimo » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:23 pm

𝐃𝐀𝐄𝐍𝐀
house velaryon | location: the red keep | tags: rhaello | mentions: zara, bea, austen, the starks, the baratheons

\\\\\\Daena watched her reflection through the vanity mirror as her handmaiden carefully gathered her soft, off-white hair into a braid, completing an elaborate updo that her lady had been working on for what felt like the better good of the last half hour. Precious daytime was wasting away and, if she were still a girl, no doubt Daena would have been fidgeting in her seat for some time by now, but she had long learned from her mother that such behavior was not proper for a lady. Instead, violet-blue eyes stared into the matching reflection in the mirror, her expression plainly bored while her thoughts wandered here and there as she waited to be deemed presentable for court. She supposed she ought to be grateful that her ladies had dressed her up splendidly for the day, in a lovely satin gown bearing the colors of House Velaryon’s sigil: aquamarine blue, with a silver seahorse brooch. If her traditional Valyrian appearance didn’t immediately give it away, then her choice of dress would certainly identify her noble house.

\\\\\\It was the same old song and tune. Three years ago, a new king had ascended the Iron Throne - the young dragon Rhaello Targaryen, who had not only put his father into an early grave (she suspected there were still some courtiers who whispered kinslayer and kingslayer behind the king’s back, but never in his presence - to do so was tantamount to treason) but had succeeded a brother whose reign lasted barely a year. Daena’s father, Lord Lucerys Velaryon, had served on the Small Council as the Master of Ships for Rhaello’s father and brother, and he had been granted the honorable, if expected, privilege of keeping this title even in the aftermath of the succession. It was not surprising but nevertheless a nice gesture from the royal family, for throughout history it was by and large a Velaryon that took the title. The only difference: Lucerys had called his one and only daughter to King’s Landing to serve in the new king’s court. Daena had not understood, at first, why her father would bother to call her to the capital when he had never done so before - indeed, before Rhaello took the throne, Daena had been staying on Driftmark with her lady mother - but it did not take long to get to the crux of the matter: she was here for a potential match.

\\\\\\Between her parents, Daena knew her lady mother to be the more politically reaching of the two. Lady Velaryon was fussy over her daughter and heir’s potential suitors, and it was not typical for a lady of four-and-twenty in Westeros to still be unmarried, let alone without a betrothal at all. Daena remembered hearing once from her father that her mother had declined marriage offers from other houses because her hopes were set on one of the Targaryen princes. After the unfortunate passing of the older Rhaenaris in the Ironborn Uprising, that left only Rhaello… and now that he was king, Daena suspected her parents were even more optimistic that a successful betrothal between House Targaryen and House Velaryon would be accepted. It was known that Velaryons had wed Targaryens before — they were, after all, famously one of the great house’s staunchest supporters, and what better way was there to keep the pure blood of old Valyria alive in Westeros? Perhaps her parents were hoping that history would repeat itself in that regard - though prior to her arrival in the capitol, Daena had hardly ever even met the young Targaryen king.

\\\\\\With all that in mind, it became clear to Daena shortly after her arrival just why her lord father decided to bring her to King’s Landing. Neither of her parents ever said as much directly to her, but it was implicit in the way that they had commissioned so many new and fanciful dresses for her wardrobe, ones that proudly touted the sea green and silver colors of House Velaryon, and the way in which her handmaidens paid such deliberate attention to her appearance before court every day. Daena did not personally care for looking pretty, she had never been vain enough to consider herself beautiful by any means (though she was admittedly proud of her rare hair and lovely eyes, those were Valyrian traits, not unique to herself), but she would content herself with it if it pleased her father.

\\\\\\No one had asked for her opinion on the matter though, and Daena was fairly unsure that she had the makings of a good queen, the most important lady of the Seven Kingdoms. She was not the most well-spoken or even the most beautiful lady in all the realm by far. Seven hells, she paled in comparison even to some of the ladies in the Red Keep, like the lovely dark rose Zara Tyrell, and it was no secret that she felt more at home on the seas surrounded by her father’s ships than in a court surrounded by other highborn nobles. The only thing she really had going for her was House Velaryon’s close ties and unfailing loyalty to House Targaryen throughout the centuries, as well as her father’s impressive performance in the recent ironborn uprising. Yes, if you asked her, she was not cut out to be a queen. She would much rather enjoy her carefree days traveling the world and seeing all the wonders that it had to offer… but she kept that little tidbit to herself. She suspected she would receive an earful if her parents got wind of that, especially her mother who had never approved of her adventurous side in the first place.

\\\\\\Above all, though, Daena missed her birthplace. She missed the smell of the salty sea, the familiar sound of the waves in the distance, and the feeling of beach sand under her feet. King’s Landing was a beautiful city, Rhaello’s ancestors had made sure of that, but there was still something… a certain je ne sais quoi, if you will, about it that simply did not compare to Driftmark - at least if you asked her. Objectively speaking, the capital city was far more impressive than the Velaryon seat would ever be. She wondered when she would next see her home; after all, if she was to become queen as her mother and father wished, wouldn’t her home then be the Red Keep? She wasn’t sure she would ever truly see the formidable castle as home.

\\\\\\“Done, milady.” The handmaiden’s words jolted Daena out of her thoughts and she straightened up in her seat, peering into the mirror with newfound attention to evaluate her appearance. She looked about as pretty as she could get, she supposed, and graciously smiled at her lady.

\\\\\\“Thank you,” Daena responded before sitting up, straightening the skirt of her turquoise gown. With that, she made her way out of her solar, her lady-in-waiting trailing behind her. Today would be less mundane than usual, she suspected. She had heard from her lord father that many of the high lords and ladies had been summoned to court to once again swear fealty before the crown. The past few years and much of Rhaello’s reign thus far had been marred by bloodshed and needless violence - why, not too long ago, they had successfully stamped out yet another rebellion perpetuated by the ironborn. Daena held out hope that having a new lady of the Greyjoys would assist in mending the soured relationship with the Iron Islands and bring some modicum of stability to the realm, but it was still too early to tell.

\\\\\\Entering the throneroom, Daena saw that much of the court had already gathered - by the Seven, she knew that her handmaiden was taking too long with her hair! If anyone asked, she would attribute her tardiness to that without hesitation - and she spotted her father in the crowd. After dipping into a curtsy before the court in lieu of a vocal greeting, she hastily made her way to Lucerys’s side. Today would be a good indication of what the future might bring, depending on the actions of the high lords coming to King’s Landing, and Daena was antsy to see what would happen. Moreover, she didn’t personally know some of the Lord Paramounts and was eager to see them. Was it true that the new Baratheon lord shared his only brain cell with his younger brother? Were the Starks able to speak with their dire wolves? Was the new lord of Riverrun’s heart truly captured by someone who lived across the sea? Curiouser and curiouser! Peering around, it seemed that no one of import had arrived just yet and she deflated a bit at that. Well, at least she knew she hadn’t missed anything important. She snapped back up when Rhaello spoke from his seat on the Iron Throne, immediately bringing the room to a quiet, and she turned to pay full attention to the young king. If this were a less formal setting, she might have gone up to him for some conversation to pass the time while they waited for the lords and ladies to arrive, but she knew better than to do something so brazen unless personally addressed, and so she stayed rooted where she was.
fortissimo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Zara ▪ pst 1

Postby Crazycookiemonster » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:38 pm

╒═══════════════════════════════╕
          Zara Tyrell23Lady of Highgarden ▪ located great hall ▪ tagged Rhaello
          ═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
            Rising a single leg out of her tub of hot rose water, Zara watched as it glistened in the sun allowing her fingers to graze over her soft skin that she was so proud of. Soft as silk, she thought to herself as she continued to massage the rose water into her skin. Jessica Tarley, Zara's lady in waiting, continued to run a comb through her hair while dripping in essence of rose since today would be a special day and it was important that Zara had a certain alluring aura about her. "Jessica do we know who all has arrived so far for this bending the knee nonsense," Zara asked while as she ran a sponge over her skin. "I'm sure the Greyjoy queen is here, but there has been no word on the Baratheons or the Starks, though I don't imagine the starks would venture this far south again, but I do look forward to the Baratheon brothers," Jessica said with a giggle. Zara could only roll her eyes, sure the Baratheon brothers were very pleasant on the eyes, but with a single brain cell to share between them she couldn't imagine having to have a real conversation with them. Standing up abruptly allowing the water to splash out of the tub, she took a step out of the bathroom and onto the balcony letting the sun dance in the droplets that glistened on her skin. Jessica was quick behind her trying to pull Zara into a robe before to many wandering eyes fell onto her, though Zara could careless. Flesh was only a tool, a tool that most failed to use to their advantage.

Zara ran her fingers over the the delicate fabric that had taken her weeks to find, as she was trying to appease not only Rhaello but the whole court. She knew very well that Rhaello was self centered, but if she made it look like she had his favor it would only increase her already high standings, after all Rhaello still hadn't chosen a queen. Zara liked the sound of being queen or more so the perks of not having to fight for favors anymore. The fabric was a deep rich red that she had embroidered with silver dragons and golden roses, adding to the fact that the Tyrells had pledged there support to house Targaryen. Not to mention the dress had a plunging neckline and a high slit which were sure to draw most everyone's eyes onto her which was the desired effect she was going for. Drawing her mind away from the dress she glanced into the mirror delighted at the beautiful braids and waves that were draping down onto her shoulders, "Jessica, you have really outdone yourself," Zara said extremely pleased, "Though I think it could use just one more touch," she reached over and opened an ornate box to pull out a delicately crafted gold rose hair pin adorned with emeralds and rubies. Jessica carefully pinned the rose into place then with a bow stepped back, "Its time to head down my lady." Zara stood up careful not to toss her head around to much and followed Jessica out the door and into the dragons den.

Before entering into the great hall she made one quick stop into the kitchen to pick up the all important offering to the dragon kings dragon, who was just as cruel as Rhaello was. Though through much hard work and bribes Zara likes to believe that she has gotten on the better side of that dragon all in a great attempt to just become close to the almighty King of the Seven Kingdoms.

Zara waited for the right moment to enter the great hall, trying to get as many eyes on her as possible, which wasn't hard since most people weren't as daring in fashion as Zara. She had a warm smile plastered on her face as she started to make her rounds greeting fellow lords and ladies all while worming her way to the front of the line to greet Rhaello. Though with Rhaellos sudden outburst Zara had a twinkle in her eyes knowing now was the time to approach. "My king," Zara said as she approached the foot of the Iron throne allowing her curtsy to show off a little bit of her chevage, not that Rhaello every seemed to take any interest. "I'm sure they were just delayed on the road, after all it is a long journey for some." Zara tried to sound sweet and pleasant more so for the people around them to hear then for Rhaello. Still in her curtsey, knowing how much Rhaello relished being praised and adorated, she nodded to Jessica who brought forth a silver tray, which held an assortment of meat. Jessica set the tray at Rue's feet before taking her place behind Zara. "After all they would be fools to not accept an invitation from the King of the Seven Kingdoms. But I do hope that you know you can always put trust in the Tyrells as your loyal supporters," Zara said with a little glint in her eye, before running one of her hands across her chest slowly till it rested above her heart and low neckline, " As well as your tust in me your Grace," with that she dipped her head waiting for him to dismiss her from his presence.

╘═══════════════════════════════╛
Last edited by Crazycookiemonster on Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crazycookiemonster

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me