β˜… β€” 𝙸𝙽 πšƒπ™·π™΄ π™Ώπ™Ύπ™»π™°πš π™½π™Έπ™Άπ™·πšƒ ⊰ o/a

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

β˜… β€” 𝙸𝙽 πšƒπ™·π™΄ π™Ώπ™Ύπ™»π™°πš π™½π™Έπ™Άπ™·πšƒ ⊰ o/a

Postby འབྲོག་ཁྱི » Fri May 07, 2021 6:31 am

───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
The new international, xcollaborative research station, Valour Station, xhas been made the southernmost station in
Antarctica, meant to replace the outdated Amundsen-Scott Station after its closure in 2037. During its first summer
season, Valour Station has hosted a wide variety of scientists, researching anything from astronomy and atmospheric
sciences to biology and geophysics, and their support crew, handling everything from logistics to nutrition. Being the
only station located at the Geographical South Pole, they are extremely secluded from other stations and the outside
world, with the exception of their airport.
Late in the summer season, xnearing the final weather window to leave the station before the long winter of isolation,
an unexpected storm shut down the Valour airport for a week, trapping many of the summer personnel at the station
with the majority of the new winter team and some aircrew. They have enough supplies to last the winter many times
over, but with the knowledge of having to spend the next nine months, from mid-February to late October, trapped at
the station, which the summer crew were not prepared for, xthings are quickly beginning to feel crowded. All manner
of tensions are emerging, xand continental support is xworried that the station might xerupt into complete anarchy.
འབྲོག་ཁྱི

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby འབྲོག་ཁྱི » Fri May 07, 2021 7:44 am

Outside, xit is freezing cold (the daily mean being about -60C / -75F) and the sun does not rise in the winter.x At all.
Everyone is on xthe watch for signs of Winter-over syndrome, xthe symptoms of which include depression, insomnia,
feelings of hostility towards others, irritability, difficulties with concentration and memory, and mild hypnotic states
known as the Antarctic stare. In addition, a 'swooping bird' warning is always in effect, xso remember to partner up
(and bundle up) while moving outdoors.
Construction of the Valour Station was finished in 2040, xa year before the first summer crew landed, which makes
both the interior and the exterior modern. However, many of the personnel have had complaints about the facilities
feeling cold and impersonal, and due to a large part of the communications relying on satellites, there are only brief
windows of time where proper communication with the outside world, especially families and other personal relation-
ships, is possible at all. xOutside of those windows, xlimited communication is possible via a few specific telephones
at the station, and only brief emails and critical data can be sent via an uplink.
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────── x x x
The Valour Station contains extensive research facilities, laboratories, office spaces, meeting rooms, and monitoring
and communication rooms, but because it was built to be inhabited year-round for long periods of time, it is basically
a little self-contained nation of its own. The station itself is divided into several wings, most of which have two floors.
The station has been build with an adjustable elevation and is designed to direct wind with the purpose of preventing
the building from being buried in snow.
Personnel reside in private dormitories, xusually large enough to fit a bed, desk, and some storage space, xand they
dine in the galley, which is made up of a kitchen and xa dining room lined by large windows with a view of the white
tundra outside. There are recreational rooms, such as a gym, theater, and library, which were largely constructed
with the isolated xwinter crew in mind. xThere are also a few small, hydroponical greenhouses, xwhich are the sole
source of fresh produce during the winter. The rest of the building is largely operational, containing generators and
storage,x orxtaken xover xby xthe xwork xspaces xof xthe xvarious xmaintenance xpersonnel xand xsupportxcrew.
འབྲོག་ཁྱི

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby འབྲོག་ཁྱི » Fri May 07, 2021 10:19 am

Fueled by tensions, paranoia and clashing opinions, the Station has already begun dividing into two factions, one form-
ing around the leading scientist, and the other the station security, who have already taken hold of the Station com-
missary, fearing that the ordinary food supply has been tainted and wanting to ensure their own survival through the
winter. This sort of paranoia is at an all-time high among everyone, because the engineer who arrived with the air-
crew has begun exhibiting symptoms of poisoning, and is being treated by the medical personnel, with the exception
of the nurse, who has refused to touch him, but no one is certain whether it might have been a work-related accident
or an attempted murder. A struggle between the firefighter and the station security commander resulted in one of
the weapons discharging, non-lethally wounding the astrophysicist Sophie Michel. Those who still have a level head on
their shoulders have been forced to reluctantly align themselves with either the leading scientist or the security force
lest they get caught in-between like Ms. Michel. The situation has not much improved from there: the communications
expert has found that the latest blizzard, which the meteorologist failed to catch, has damaged their equipment, the
research assistant
is beginning to lose their nerve, the botanist is hoarding fresh produce for their faction, the pilot
is arguing against trying to take the plane and leave while the co-pilot is arguing for it, and their only civilian seems
to be writing the most damaging article about the entire thing, which means that they have become a target to the
station security and ended up in the reluctant protection of the other faction.
The summer crew mostly consists of scientists and some supporting crew. They have already spent several months
in the Antarctic and were not expecting to spend the winter, which makes them more susceptible to the symptoms
of winter-over syndrome.

leading scientist; half of the group have turned to them for guidance, but this situation is far beyond anything
they could have prepared for
meteorologist; has now failed to warn the crew about several blizzards
geophysicist; somehow ended up in charge of maintaining the water supply
botanist; in charge of maintaining the greenhouses
research assistant; an undergrad student, in far over their head
physician; a doctor, currently preoccupied with keeping the engineer well and alive
physician's assistant; a type of mid-level practitioner, mostly there to act as an auxiliary to the physician and
take care of any less complex medical needs, especially now that the physician is preoccupied
civilian, media; a representative of the media, reporting on the exciting first summer at the Valour station
firefighter; a wide range of duties, mostly fire suppression, prevention, and search and rescue
station security; the only ones at the station with access to arms. a strong point of contention during the planning
and construction of the Valour Station, but eventually included after a series of suspicious deaths at another station
in 2039.
free space; have an idea that's not included in the list? let me know!
NAME HERE
botanist
age, gender
Immortes
x
SAINT SEO
geophysicist
twenty-four, he/him
mtuan,
x
x
ADASSIN LYRE
meteorologist
thirty-four, she/her
yennefer
x
ROLANDO ALVAREZ
leading scientist
thirty-eight, he/him
dxisyy
BRANWEN MADDOX
civilian, media
twenty-seven, she/her
birdercrow
x
x
NAME HERE
physician's assistant
age, gender
sapphic
x
JOSEPHINE LAWRENCE
physician
twenty-nine, she/her
dxisyy
x
GABRIELE MOON
research assistant
twenty-two, she/they
gealbhan
NAME HERE
free space
age, gender
open
x
LELAND PARKER
station security
thirty-two, he/him
Crono
x
KATYA BRIVOR
security commander
twenty-nine, she/her
yennefer
x
SIBYL COLDWELL
firefighter
twenty-seven, she/her
amithethird
The winter crew arrived right before the blizzard closed the Valour airport. With them were trapped several members
of the aircrew, including the pilot, co-pilot, and engineer. They have been extensively prepared to spend the nine
long months at Valour Station, but no one is fully immune to the effects of isolation.

ecologist; hoping to study the Antarctic climate, but ended up becoming somewhat of a second-in-command to the
leading scientist, when neither of them want to be a part of this new hierarchy
astrophysicist; arrived to take advantage of the darkness and advance the field of astrophysics, but it's not
exactly going that way
sociologist; came to observe the group dynamics during the long nine month isolation and looks like they got more
than they bargained for... now this is science
nurse; meant to take over the physician and physician's assistant's duties for the winter, but the more the merrier?
pilot & co-pilot; both former or reserve military, not meant to stay at Valour for much longer than a day or two, but
now they've found themselves stranded for months.
engineer; part of the aircrew, flown in to ensure a smooth final flight back, but now their airplane is grounded and
they've found themselves suffering from symptoms of poisoning
chef; obviously everyone's favourite, but don't get on their bad side or it's good-bye spaghetti day
station security; the only ones at the station with access to arms. a strong point of contention during the planning
and construction of the Valour Station, but eventually included after a series of suspicious deaths at another station
in 2039.
communications; the only one properly trained in using the communication equipment
free space; have an idea that's not included in the list? let me know!
AUSTIN WILLIAMS
nurse
twenty-seven, she/her
stranger danger
x
ARCANE WEST
sociologist
twenty-nine, she/her
_Ambereyes_
x
x
SOPHIE MICHEL
astrophysicist
thirty-three, she/her
chevreuil
x
NAME HERE
ecologist
age, gender
mtuan,
TACITO BORRAYO
chef
thirty-seven, he/him
birdercrow
x
x
GRAHAM LAKE
engineer
thirty-one, he/him
amithethird
x
THEO GREY
co-pilot
thirty-three, he/him
_Ambereyes_
x
NATHALIE ROYER
pilot
thirty-one, she/her
chevreuil
NAME HERE
free space
age, gender
open
x
NAME HERE
free space
age, gender
open
x
JERICHO JENNINGS
communications
thirty-one, he/him
dxisyy
x
NAME HERE
station security
age, gender
open
འབྲོག་ཁྱི

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby འབྲོག་ཁྱི » Fri May 07, 2021 10:57 am

one. Make sure that you're familiar with the CS rules, these also apply to the Discord server. two. Aim for 400 words.
three. Reserve roles via pm/dm. Please let me know about your character's faction preference when reserving unless
it's already been set. four. Max two roles per player, it doesn't matter which group of arrivals or faction. Roles may
also be added if there's interest. five. This roleplay is built around drama and conflict between characters, so go wild,
but run any events that may significantly affect others' characters past the group. six. Faceclaims should be realistic.
Diversity of all kinds is encouraged, and characters can be of various nationalities as it is an international research
station. Try to choose ages according to the roles; it is unlikely for a twenty-year-old to have a phD but they might
be a research assistant. seven. Forms in the discussion. eight. Joining the Discord is recommended once your
reservation has been approved, it makes planning easier.
the station security faction
- security commander
- station security
- station security
- botanist
- pilot
- co-pilot
- communications
the leading scientist's faction
- leading scientist
- ecologist
- astrophysicist
- research assistant
- firefighter
- civilian, media
- physician
- nurse
this is getting very complicated
- don't worry, the factions are just there to help
inform tensions between different characters
and claim some areas of the station for certain
purposes
- characters don't have to be strongly aligned,
they may just be leaning towards some faction
or trying to make sure they don't get caught
in the crossfire
π™Έπš πš‘πšŠπšœ πš‹πšŽπšŽπš— πšπš’πšπšπšŽπšŽπš— 𝚍𝚊𝚒𝚜 πšœπš’πš—πšŒπšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ πšœπšπš˜πš›πš– πšŒπš•πš˜πšœπšŽπš πšπš‘πšŽ πšŠπš’πš›πš™πš˜πš›πš.
འབྲོག་ཁྱི

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby འབྲོག་ཁྱི » Sat May 08, 2021 1:25 pm

β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ

𝙸𝙽 πšƒπ™·π™΄ π™Ώπ™Ύπ™»π™°πš π™½π™Έπ™Άπ™·πšƒ π™Έπš‚ π™½π™Ύπš† 𝙾𝙿𝙴𝙽 & π™°π™²π™²π™΄π™Ώπšƒπ™Έπ™½π™Ά
འབྲོག་ཁྱི

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

001. not becoming a rook

Postby འབྲོག་ཁྱི » Sat May 22, 2021 6:40 am

──────────────────────────── π™½π™°πšƒπ™·π™°π™»π™Έπ™΄ "π™½π™°πšƒ" πšπ™Ύπšˆπ™΄πš
          location; hallway outside medical ─ tagging; open ─ mentioned; grey, katya, sibyl, sophie
          ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Guns. There were far more dangerous things in the world than guns.
            indNat was not someone who would slip into a state of inattention, but she was good at playing the part and looking it when she had no interest in getting involved in someone else's train of thought or some task or another that could be quickly done but felt more appropriate delegated to anyone else in the vicinity. She especially did not care to be drawn into a physical altercation or heated exchange of words when the topic of the argument was not something that should have concerned her, at least not when what she was concerned with were her engineer and the plane inevitably taking damage every moment it was sitting unattended in the freezing weather, but now, she supposed, the commander had turned the matter into everyone's problem when she had allowed that weapon to go off.
            indThus, while Nat was not pleased with seeing the station security being the only ones with guns in their possession, those things were not what she considered inherently dangerous. The dangerous part would always be the people and the tempers with access to them. They were enablers of the kind of unfortunate behaviour that had lasting and far-reaching consequences. Maybe the people who had hired the security personnel in question expected better from former soldiers, which this commander clearly was, but Nat had seen enough soldiers not to expect anything from them, and this was not a bitter thought on its own. What was a bitter thought, however, was that 'former soldier' was not a personality, as many civilians assumed, it was something more closely resembling a cluster of symptoms.
            indNat had not shown anything more than indifference when both Sibyl and Katya had happened into the same space, the latter with gun in tow, and it had been obvious that something would happen, even if she did not claim to know either woman's reasoning for bristling like feral dogs when it had hardly been two weeks since their plane had been grounded. Because the sight of a gun, even one caught in the middle of a struggle, barely caused any sort of stir within Nat, especially when she had better, seemingly poisoned things and/or persons, to think about, because she had seen her share of them. Granted, there was always a list of possibilities that tended to get fulfilled in places where guns were introduced that did not tend to happen in those free of them, but someone would have needed to make the effort of waving it directly at her for it to become her primary concern.
            indIt was very likely that that Dr. Michel would have benefited from a similar frame of mind, because when she had stepped into the range of that struggle between two far stronger, taller, and better trained women than herself, anyone present, suffering from the symptoms of a former soldier or not, could have felt tangible in the air that the weapon would go off, and when there were both guilty parties and the arguably innocent present, bullets had an uncanny way of finding their way to the innocent in favour of the ones who might have benefited from the moments of self-reflection brought on by a gunshot wound.
            indAnd because Nat was not truly a cold-hearted person nor someone who bothered to exercise her nerves of steel anywhere other than thousands of feet in the air, that was when she had found it appropriate to begin yelling ─ some sort of not-entirely-uncommon lapse brought on by the combined irritations of the tension in the air, the sight of the paling face of poor Dr. Michel, and having had her brooding interrupted in the most predictable of violent ways.
            indIn spite of all this, she had found herself hanging around in the presence of the station security and their commandeered commissary, driven by an array of compulsions that were entirely under her control. Another assumption that civilians had would likely be about the morality of the former soldier, but service was less an exercise in building a patriotic set of admirable morals and more one of building walls that allowed oneself to ignore these revered morals in order to commit acts of survival. If Nat had to make choices to ensure that both she and her crew would be walking out of the station in the end, then she would make them, and she would not writhe with pangs of guilt.
            indentWhen Nat brushed imaginary dust from her clothes, the tips of her fingers caught on a row of fine holes on the front of the black crew neck t-shirt, which had worn closer to something of a threadbare dark grey. Nat did not have nervous habits, but she had habits, which she found herself repeating when pacing the hallway that ran through the wing containing the medical facilities, or the physician's office, or clinic, or whatever it was that these hermit-like scientists had taken to calling it. The situation was undeniably complicated. Someone had (possibly) taken it upon themselves to poison her engineer, and if this were the case, she would have to consider why.
            indConsidering the close quarters they were all confined in and the fact that they were both a part of the aircrew, the closest definition of outsiders present, she did not question that the others were aware of her association with Grey. Nat also knew that she might not have been a welcome face in all circles due to the choices she had made, but the poisoning had taken place before she had stepped foot one way or the other.
            indNevertheless, when walking the seemingly endless expanse of hallway toward the medical wing, she had taken it upon herself to wonder whether, if there was some unambiguously malicious actor among them, knowledge of her friendship, an association closer than colleagues, could bring further harm to the man who already lay poisoned in a hospital bed. The situation at the station had begun to take shape in her mind as something resembling a game of chess, and Nat was not about to make the kind of move that would undeniably take her crew further away from the likelihood of survival.
            indHad Nat ever been a smoker, which she would deny, she would have found herself frustrated, which she obviously did not, by the knowledge that she could not return to past habits on a research station in the very middle of the Antarctic, and that she did not even have the means nearby to act as some sort of aid to sorting through these questions, because Nat may have been a strategic thinker, but she was neither a scientist nor a philosopher. Pacing the hallway outside the door she wanted to open would have to do for the time being.

wc; 1,143

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
འབྲོག་ཁྱི

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me