-- ⋆ we can be heroes

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Valerie Moon [post 6]

Postby loulou800 » Mon May 18, 2020 11:21 am

VALERIE MOON
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
quirk: Arbour | age: fifteen | location: gymnasium| tagged: Naya (Audrey, Noi, Finn, Daniel)
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

It was another new day for Valerie as she awoke, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. Thoughts of last night drifted through her mind as she stretched, reaching over to her window to pull the curtains open to expose her room to the sunny sky. After they had eaten their fair share of dinner, they had all agreed to watch a romcom, which was light-hearted. It certainly helped to ease the wary and anxious moods of the teens, and it put at-least one smile on each of their faces at some point. The plotline was arguably typical for a romcom, but it made Valerie wonder if these kinds of things also happened in real life-- someone bumps into another person on the street, they end up seeing that the book that spilled out of their bag is one that they've been reading, they end up going for coffee-- then they go through a few trials and tribulations to realize that they really like this person, and in the end they end up dating. Was this kind of thing typical? Or was it just an exaggerated version of a "meetcute"? It was a valid question, in Valerie's eyes, as she really knew nothing about romance. Sure, she'd had crushes before, but she'd never had a boyfriend. She was much too shy to even think of asking someone to go out with her, as she was certain that no-one liked her in that way.

Yawning a little, she scratched her side before standing up, making her way over to the bathroom. From here, she took a quick shower, about ten minutes max. Taking a cold shower in the mornings was always welcomed, as it was both refreshing and got her to wake up quickly. Afterwards, she let her hair air dry as she wrapped a towel around herself, brushing her teeth then washing her face. She never did more than moisturize in the mornings; she wasn't one to take hours in the morning to get ready. She didn't wear make-up (she really had no idea how an eyelash curler worked, or how people applied blush without looking like a clown); it was just moisturizer and lip balm, really. As she looked at herself in the mirror, she pulled her hair into a high ponytail with a starry scrunchie. Today, her and her class were going to start their training for the school festival, so having her hair out of her face was always welcomed as she worked on her quirk.

Coming out of the bathroom, she hung her towel to dry before grabbing her school uniform, using a lint roller to get away some of the blanket fuzz that sat on it. The greys and green/blue's of the uniform looked rather nice on her, and suited her well, but she never actively thought so. She just felt that it made her look like everyone else. The only time there were differences between her and the students were when they could change into their outfits for training, and when they weren't in classes. At-least the uniforms weren't stifling, so even when they were outside they wouldn't be sweating a ton. She quickly put it on and put on some socks and shoes before exiting; grabbing her backpack and key in the process. Locking the door behind her, she hurried down the stairs to head to the kitchen, where she helped herself to an apple for breakfast before walking outside.

The walk to the gymnasium was about ten minutes away from the dorms, and Valerie took this chance to work on her apple. It wasn't much for a breakfast, but at-least it would sustain her during their training; at-least until lunch-time when she'd grow hungry again. As she walked, she found other students on their way to their classes; a few familiar faces could be seen that were to join her in her training class today. The sun was bright but it wasn't too hot; since it was still the morning, there was a bit of a breeze still, and the air felt cooling. The clouds in the sky felt very picturesque as she looked up, biting into her apple. The crunchy taste of it filled her stomach as she chomped away, quickly finishing it in time to toss it in a nearby compost bin. She was almost at the gymnasium by now, and the path that she walked was familiarly trodden with footsteps by her fellow classmates. She gripped onto her backpack straps, enjoying the brisk walk that she got to enjoy every morning before school, relishing the outside. Valerie was very much an outside girl, and she absolutely enjoyed nature. Any chance that she got to be outside, well, she'd take that opportunity.

She finally reached her destination, and she headed to the girls locker room to quickly deposit her things and to change into her hero costume. It was a dark brown bodysuit that covered her like a turtleneck, tailored to suit her Arbour quirk. There were holes that opened and closed at will all along her body, where, when wood sprouted from her skin, it didn't rip through her costume but through a thin layer underneath the padding of her outfit, which repaired itself after wood stemmed from her skin. She usually never wore anything on her head; she was beyond used to wood sprouting from her head as well if she needed it to but wearing a helmet felt a bit constricting for her. Besides, she'd only get the occasional few strands of hair that might fall out, but her hair was quick to grow back regardless.

Packing her uniform, backpack, socks and shoes inside of her locker, she clicked it shut before heading out to the gymnasium, where tons of students were already gathered; working on their quirks. She spotted Naya not too far from where she was standing, and she stood in awe at her Lightning quirk. The way that she moved so flawlessly in her costume was mesmerizing to see, and she waited patiently until her friend had paused her training, looking off into the distance-- at... wait, was that the White Lotus?! Was she already back up and running? The powerfulness of her! Valerie couldn't help but stand in awe of her as well, incredibly impressed that she appeared to be okay even after all that had happened from last night. What's more, it looked like Noi was with her as well, and she wondered if she was connecting with him about things concerning what happened. She was beyond curious, but knew that it wasn't her moment to pry, so she walked over to Naya instead, tapping her on her shoulder. She saw little sparks emitting from her costume, so she was quick to do a quick tap.

"Hi," she grinned. "Want to train for a little bit before the boys come over?" She saw that the opposite tablet across from Naya's was empty, so she'd be able to use that to fit her needs for her own quirk. Training with Naya was good, because even though wood was combustible against Naya's Lightning quirk, it also made her good target practice for her friend. On the other hand, it tested Valerie's ability to twist and turn her Arbour so that it could nimbly dodge against her friend's attacks, but it also allowed to test out how much control she had over her abilities. Admittedly, she found that as she got older, her quirk was getting harder to manage, as her will to make it stop sometimes didn't work-- sometimes it would just keep on growing, until it ripped a hole in the school or something, which was why she liked to be outside more to practice her quirk as a precaution. Thankfully, the tablet helped somewhat, but not to the extent that she wanted it to on some days.

As she waited for her friend's answer, her eyes glanced over at the hero that was casually leaning against the wall, eyeing everyone with mild interest. It was Jonah, and she felt herself tense up a bit at the sight of him. She could never tell what he was thinking, and while she respected him, she was nervous because he was another hero-- she could only strive to be as powerful as him. She wondered if he'd be supervising today.
loulou800

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

-- ⋆ finn 6

Postby lacke » Mon May 18, 2020 6:33 pm

xx
      𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐨𝐫
        location: gymnasium xx tags: noi, audrey, daniel xx words: 497

the previous night was a blur, he remembered watching a movie with his friends, and he must have
        fallen asleep. however, this morning, he woke up back in his bedroom. how he got there, he had no
        idea. he stretched and pulled the covers up to where half of his face was covered, before groggily
        reaching for his phone on his bedside table. he glanced at it, noting the time. it was later than he
        expected and he quickly threw off the sheets and raced to grab his uniform before making his way
        into the bathroom. he took a brisk shower, and changed into the uniform. he liked the long sleeves,
        although he wished they weren't so... well fitting. he hastily put on his normal shoes and grabbed his
        obnoxiously yellow backpack before racing out of his door, not bothering to lock it.

he raced down to the common area and passed a mirror, briefly pausing to note how out of control
        his curly hair was. he ran a hand through it, though didn't bother to totally try to style it. he cruised
        by the kitchen, forgetting to grab a quick bite to eat. he exited the building and walked towards the
        gymnasium, which was about a 10 minute walk. he made it there in a decent time, heading to the
        boys locker room area to change into his hero costume. it was something he thought of when he was
        younger, and it was definitely suited to his quirk - he was going to be a rescue hero after all. he put
        on a somewhat baggy white, cotton button up shirt, the sleeves reaching halfway between finnegans
        shoulders and elbow. he put on equally baggy pants and combat boots. he tied the medic armband
        around one of his sleeves, and eagerly wrapped his forearm up, putting wrapping bandages from his
        elbow up to his fingers. he then slung his grey cross backpack over his shoulder, clipping it across
        his torso. feeling pleased, he put everything away and turned around to head into the training area.

he walked in, relieved that a lot of his classmates seemed to just be arriving as well. he paused and
        glanced around, looking for any of his friends. just as he spotted noi, the main gym doors opened. in
        walked white lotus, and finn almost had to look away from her shining gold and white costume. she
        automatically pin-pointed noi and everyone watched as they talked briefly, before the hero led their
        classmate away. finnegan felt himself frown, but he was suddenly pulled from his thoughts by daniel
        who suddenly approached. the frown turned into a sheepish smile and he awkwardly waved back,
        walking to meet daniel in the middle. daniels eagerness made finnegan laugh and place his hands on
        his hips. "what, do you plan on stealing the healing show in the sports festival?" he teased, gently
        hitting the other boys shoulder. he then stepped back a few paces. "what's the plan?"
lacke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: -- ⋆ we can be heroes || Noi White-Liang // 007

Postby rex. » Tue May 19, 2020 8:24 pm

♘ 𝑵𝒐𝒊 𝑾𝒉𝒊𝒕𝒆-𝑳𝒊𝒂𝒏𝒈 ♘

Wc: 487 | Male | 16 | Bisexual | Loc. Gymnasium | Tags. Audrey, Finn, Daniel | Mentions.

Noi nodded along as Audrey explained, eyes focused with thought. The description of this power was certainly making it up to be an insanely powerful quirk. It was a lot to take in, but it wasn't as hard as it would've been if this was the first he was hearing of it. After all, he had a whole night to try and piece things together himself; but this information made it a heck of a lot easier to understand. Noi would've never even thought of such a thing..

The mentions of her only passing on the power because she was on the brink of death was a little disheartening and caused a few thoughts to come Noi's mind but his focused quickly shifted back to her apology. "Please don't be sorry! I'm glad you trusted me with such a thing. I'm sure it'll be alright." He offered her a small grin of reassurance. The idea of years of training to gain mastery didn't quite appeal to Noi, but hey, gaining such a useful quirk allowed for more chances to become a good hero.

Taking note of Audrey's words, Noi continued to nod along only speaking once to let the pro know what his quirk was. He could feel a slight frown of his own come along when the lady said she had to leave. A smile came back once White Lotus gave him her number. It was comforting to know that she was willing to help him. I won't." He said, pocketing his phone. Thank you!" He called out after her, giving a big ol' smile.

Noi made made his way back over to where the others were, glancing over everyone as they did their own things. He through back on his coat that he had slung over his arm as he walked over to where Daniel and Finn were. Seeing as they weren't in the middle of something, Noi figured now was good of time as any to go over.

"Yo, mind if I join you guys?" He waved to the two before returning his hand to his jackets pockets. The jacket was just one of the many accessories his hero suit was made up of. Noi's hero outfit consisted of tight-fitting black halter top with matching black pants to that had a black belt with a golden buckle strung through the loops. Atop his head rested a black captain's cap that had a gold chain pinned across the front; rounded sunglasses sat on his nose, the rims golden and lenses tinted a dark brown. His black combat boots and leather fingerless gloves both has flame designs coming from the heel and wrist respectively. Then, of course, he had his dark-brown leather long coat that had a line of dark fur around the hood and down the opening. Noi was extremely proud of his costumes design, to say the least.
rex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

-- ⋆ twelve.

Postby kieranwilcox » Tue May 19, 2020 9:17 pm

━━━━━ [ ♕ ] ━━━━━━━ 𝐌 𝐀 𝐓 𝐄 𝐎 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    since mateo didn’t get much sleep the night before, he was starting to doze off on the couch in audrey’s office. although, the hero knew he shouldn’t be asleep right now, he had to stay up and energized. from the couch mateo spotted a small coffee pot in the corner of the room. “perfect.” mateo mumbled, pushing himself off of the expensive couch as he walked over to the other side of the room. he really doubted that audrey would mind if he made some coffee. the hero started to sluggishly pour the coffee beans into the filter, and then pouring hot water into the machine. soon enough, the delicious dark liquid started to pour into the glass pot. grabbing a paper cup for himself, mateo poured the coffee to fill the entire thing. the man put tons of sugar and creamer to wake himself up, ‘that should do’ mateo thought as grabbed his coffee from the table and walked back over to the couch.

around fifteen minutes passed before mateo heard audrey walk into her office. ‘i could’ve slept longer’ he thought to himself. mateo slowly opened his eyes, turning his head to the door to see audrey in her iconic hero costume. it was surprising to her up standing. it was crazy to think that not even a whole day passed since mateo found her in a pool of her own blood. the hero was too weak to even stand and now she seemed to be on her feet just fine. in the end, audrey is one of the most powerful heroes in the world. seeing her up and running shouldn’t be much of a surprise to mateo. audrey is extremely powerful, being able to fly and harness such power. she was the type of hero that everyone looked up to, especially mateo. it was comforting to see her well and in her feet.

standing up from the couch, mateo greeted audrey with a grin. “hey, it’s good to see you. i didn’t think you’d be up so soon.” he said honestly, looking at her bright gold cape flowing as she walked. having the number one hero bow her head, thank him, it was all so surreal. never would have mateo imagined that white lotus would be the one thanking him. a genuine smile formed on mateo’s face, “audrey it’s-” he paused, losing his train of thought. “of course, i’m glad i found you.” mateo replied, he was always unsure how to reply to things like that. he’s never been the one to talk about feelings or show affection. “either way, it’s my job.” mateo added, joking to lighten the mood. he didn’t know if it was too early to joke but he let out a soft chuckle anyway.

taking another sip of his coffee, mateo thought about the events from last night. he wanted to ask about a million questions but he knew he had to wait for the others. just as mateo was about to say something, his phone began to vibrate in his pocket. “sorry...” mateo mumbled, walking toward the door to answer the phone. as mateo took out his phone, he saw that the caller id was from walter. answering the phone as quickly as he could, “hello?” he called hoping that his mentor was not the other hero they expected to be kidnapped. whirlwind eventually answered informing mateo that he was dealing with some problems across the country. despite whirlwind’s agency that was based in New York, he was called in for a special case in California. for some reason, whirlwind chose to go alone, leaving mateo to stay in new york.

accounting for whirlwind was obviously good news but it only made things more difficult for him and nikoli. mateo has successfully accounted for the top twenty heroes, but it was frustrating that they let another hero slip right under their noses. it was extremely frustrating, however mateo couldn’t show that to audrey. she had enough on her mind because of her injury. bringing up the possibility of another hero going missing would drive her insane, so mateo kept his mouth shut about their plan. “sorry i was talking to whirlwind...” mateo explained, sliding his phone into his back pocket. “he um...he’s in california for a mission so he let me in charge of the agency.” mateo shared, it was really exciting to be in charge for once. since mateo was still young to open up his own agency, but working under whirlwind was the start of his growing career. “he said that i could take in some interns after the sports festival...” mateo trailed off, sipping on the final bits of his coffee. “you still planning on going to that?” mateo asked, unsure if she was ready to be in front of cameras and students after the big injury.

kieranwilcox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

-- ⋆ Celine || 05.

Postby daices. » Wed May 20, 2020 1:05 am

Celine
location audrey's office | feeling amused | tagged audrey, mateo, jonah
thought that you were safe but nobody ever was

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Celine gave Jonah a begrudging smile, laughing slightly. "Didn't scare him too bad, I hope." She fell silent as she listened to the rest of Jonah synopsis, nodding along. Her heart sank and her disappointment rose as she realized that it wasn't any information she didn't already know -not to mention rising anger as she kept on recollecting the state that Audrey was in- but at the end she merely shrugged. "I was thinking we could go check surrounding security feeds, if the other two are going to scout the area. General reconnaissance; maybe the cameras caught the culprits entering or leaving, or maybe caught some potential witnesses we could question." She lapsed back into silent contemplation -she was rarely talkative with her friends, let alone acquaintances or mere colleagues- and simple traipsed alongside Jonah as they slowly made their way out, head filled with her own machinations and plans. Yet again she lamented how no one else could shadow walk- but she really didn't want to figure out the logistics of trying to transport a man taller and bulkier with her.

Her reverie was quickly interrupted by a sharp ding from her pocket. Fishing out her phone, Celine gave the notification just enough of the glance to glean its contents before she put it away and turned her attention to Jonah. "Hm? No." If Audrey didn't add Jonah to the groupchat, then she would respect that decision. Of course, that also meant that she needed a way to slip away. Thankfully, that moment came quickly after, as Jonah was beckoned by a teacher; Celine took a couple steps back before melting into the shadow cast by the door. She quickly reappeared on the other side of the building, sending a quick affirmative text to the groupchat before she went on her own investigative journey.

It was a lot less of flashy hero work- none of that damsel-rescuing, or running from a burning building, or anything of the sort. Celine was a big believer in conventional methods first- perhaps it was a byproduct of her having a more pedestrian job as her lifeblood, but the first thing she turned to was grabbing security feeds from surrounding businesses. She supposed that anyone would be shocked to see Blackbird pop into their shop and ask (read: demand) their security tapes, and honestly she much rather preferred more lowkey methods, but she definitely couldn't argue with the air of authority Blackbird would bring. All too soon, Celine was walking out of her fifth building armed with the files that she couldn't scrutinize before the hour was up, shoving them into a disguised pocket before performing the same building-hopping maneuvers that she had employed earlier. With less urgency this time, of course- if Audrey was well enough to text then she certainly was going to be okay, and perhaps that was why she found herself lagging a little behind as she reached the agency.

Rather than walking in, Celine abruptly turned and ducked next to the building, directly appearing in Audrey's office and stepping out of the latter's shadow. "Boo." She stated blandly, the barest hint of a smirk on her face. Dipping her head slightly in greeting at Mateo. Settling into a chair herself with a smooth flick of her cape, Celine tilted her head as she listened to the dregs of the conversation that had been started before she came. "Showing off in front of some kids? Audrey wouldn't miss it for the world." Her mouth twitched in another barely concealed grin. "She'll have kids clawing at each other for just a chance to intern with her. Thankfully, when you can scare away all the kids who look your way, that's not a problem." Celine didn't expect to really do much at the sports festival, or anything to do with interns; maybe put on a show or throw a couple of them around. She did so hate formalities and theatrics, though; she wondered if heroes took vacation days... Or maybe she could conveniently get sick, by chance, at the same time as the festival.
daices.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: -- ⋆ we can be heroes

Postby wavvy » Wed May 20, 2020 3:47 am

Fallon Axxe "Lady Voltage" ~ 21 years old ~ Villain ~ Tagged: Helene ~ Mentioned: Villains

Another's day work. The lone thought crossed Fallon's mind as she crossed her arms, eyeing the hero in a rather contorted position underneath her foot. The sky had yet to transform from warm fiery hues to the daily calm of the sky, clouds invisible to the eye for the time being, letting the full orange color beat down on the hero who once was. It wasn't even 5 in the morning, yet Fallon was awake, doing the dirty most turned away in turn for a normal life. In turn for sleep. Being out of commission for the most active times of day would have been an opportunity wasted, especially when she could always pass out on the couch at the hideout. The news about Audrey did exactly what Fallon anticipated, even out of town where she lived: drew all of the heroes out, eager to investigate for signs of people like her in their neighborhoods. They ought to know the flashes of light from outside their buildings was Lady Voltage. At that point if they came outside, Fallon deemed them dumb enough to die. That was the thing: heroes were expendable. There were hundreds, most of which felt pretty pathetic against her in her opinion. This guy was a new one, up and coming in their town specifically, and the caliber here was sensationally lower than where the academy was. His life ended so quickly it felt almost embarrassing. She showed the most pity she ever did by shocking him until he charred. All she did was scoff at the patheticness of it all before moving on. How sad. Boo Hoo.
She continued until the day finally broke, heroes having fled to their lives in agencies or to their families or wherever else, or they managed to stay away from her until now. It was around six in the morning by the time she went directly to the villains headquarters in loose pajama pants that looked entirely too innocent to be on the beastly young-adult. She threw her costume into the washer, trying to remove the blood stains as much as she could, even if they rarely showed with her costume's dark burnt orange color. Her adrenaline went down enough she managed to go into one of the closed off rooms of the hideout before anyone was either there or awake enough to try and talk to her; she needed to be the slightest bit rested at the least if she was going to train for a little while. She promised Helene after practically incinerating a slash into her palm that they would be experimenting with her quirk a bit today. It was moments like those she actually really liked Helene, admired her even: despite the fear that came with Helene snapping and ready to rip her head off, she still wanted to help Fallon learn from it. Setting an alarm for ten, she lounged on her bed and closed her eyes for the first time in nearly twenty-four hours.
Unsurprisingly, Fallon woke up groggy, but she lazily crawled out of bed anyhow. The villain rubbed her eyes , moving both of her legs off the edge of the bed with a soft sigh. She retrieved her costume from the washer, returning to the private room Fallon had practically claimed as her own throughout her time here to hang it to dry. She slid on athleisure: a pair of navy workout leggings with orange stripes running down the fabric and a light grey tanktop. Muttering something about pockets, she stuffed her phone into the pocket of her flannel she ended up trying around her waist, careful to keep pockets in tact. But just as she began to return to her bed, her phone vibrated against her hip. Fallon didn't like many people, so the possibilities were limited to maybe six people. Reading her text, Fallon couldn't help the curl of her lip. Vegas. What a joy. She didn't respond, but moved into the main room of the firehouse, knowing she would have to face Vegas at some point. Fallon also thought it would be better to apologize to Helene the second she arrived, because doing so later just meant more of the villains who weren't around to see the incident were going to witness her apology. And frankly, Fallon considred Vivi's laziness to not require an apology: if she just walked like the rest of them, it wouldn't have been a problem. Fortunately, Helene didn't seem into the idea of drama, moreso of killing her the day before, so she didn't suspect the brunette would have told anyone. Plus, yesterday wasn't the best time to get a real apology to leave her lips anyway. She didn't necessarily feel bad about it, but that and regret were different things. The villains needed to focus on their upper hand more than a mistake if they really wanted to take these heroes out.
Helene entered not exceedingly long after she received the text from the second in command, although she didn't exactly know where Helene was coming from at any point in time. Sometimes it took her an hour, sometimes five minutes. Fallon never cared to ask. Fallon watched her pace over to the chaise, trying to pick out whether or not Helene was upset with her. It didn't sound like it, which was a good thing. But at the sight of her, doing who knew what on her phone, Fallon didn't bring it up. Instead, she simply looked at the Mercy, looked at the clock, and asked, "Are we waiting for a majority vote?" Part of her wanted to train now so Vegas wouldn't intrude, but the other part of her could not have been made happier than by getting permission to fry the blood manipulator. "And in case you were wondering, the city two towns over is down three villains," She explained with a giddy smile, their last moments bringing a blissful smile to her face. "It was a pathetic 'battle'," She didn't say it aloud, but she considered it compensation for the lost potential of Audrey's complete demise. But the blood and screams were fulfilling enough. One of them told her to tell their family; they could figure it out on their own if they just walked down town in front of the gas station. Fallen chuckled lightly at the memory from less than twelve hours beforehand.
wavvy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

iv.

Postby carpe noctem. » Wed May 20, 2020 1:46 pm

♛ ─── ( 𝐎𝐃𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄  !! )    𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝑊𝑅𝐴𝐼𝑇𝐻 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
      ( role : villain leader )  ( quirk : dark energy manipulation )  ( location : headquarters )  ( mentioned : n/a )  ( tagged : fallon & helene )  

xxxxxxxxThe world was peaceful, as the sun crept up into the sky, golden rays of light peering through the towering city buildings. It was at this time the city streets lay nearly abandoned, apart from the casual hustle of those trying to catch the early morning bus to their work, all too absorbed with their own lives to notice the calm of the city or the nearly silent heartbeat of the city as a few lone cars whir by, assuring the concrete streets they still have a purpose.

xxxxxxxxOdette walked at a relaxed pace, her steps light as her boots clicked gently against cobblestone paths. In one hand, she held her phone, glancing down briefly at a few messages that popped up, all of which from friends and colleagues of the criminal underworld, asking for her help in eliminating a certain individual or two. She clicked off her phone, shoving it in her pocket. She watched as a familiar building came into view, and she picked up her pace as she neared the entrance of the slate-grey apartment complex. Odette gave the concierge a soft nod in greeting, completely unaware that she was the infamous assassin The Wraith, despite her face being something that was relatively well-known among city-dwellers. Or maybe she did know who Odette was, and instead decided to keep quiet about it, too frightened to speak up. She moved out the lobby to the elevators, pressing the last button upon the conveyor.

xxxxxxxxThe ride up the elevator was brief, though it felt like forever to the often patient (or, more accurately, uncaring) villainess. She had someone important to meet, who she knew was likely staring at the door, waiting for her to open the penthouse door and greet them. With one hand holding a cup of tea from her local cafe, as well as a small brown bag, the other scrounged through her pockets, trying to find her keys. Finally grabbing the set of keys, Odette opened the door. "Sorry for the wait," She grinned, shutting the door behind her as she heard the soft footsteps of her dear cat, Wolfgang, who meowed in response, jumping up onto her marble countertop to rub his head against her, batting one scruffy paw at the bag she held. "Have some manners, Mr." She scolded with a smile, opening the bag to reveal a small, feathery cat toy. Odette was a generally stoic individual, but for her odd lykoi cat, she was completely softened. It was likely that the woman would kill someone if they even looked at Wolfgang the wrong way.

xxxxxxxxThe buzzing of her phone lifted her gaze from her wolfish feline, and she quickly grabbed her phone from her pocket. A message from Helene, regarding the return of Vegas. She had been gone the last few days, and Odette knew it would be best to meet with the group after last night's scuffle, despite her reservations of meeting with the sometimes insanely disorganized and chaotic bunch of villains. Setting down the bag for Wolfgang, the leader of the villains headed out the door, giving her cat a quick scratch beneath the chin before heading out.

xxxxxxxxWhen Odette arrived at the headquarters, it seemed that she was met with only two of the group members. She gave them both a quick nod in acknowledgment, before sliding over to one of the armchairs of their grey leather couch, her piercing gaze fixed upon the pair, listening as Fallon began to boast about another one of her kills.

(i ended up finishing this on mobile so there's bound to be a few mess ups and whatnot :,) enjoy odette loving her cat and only her cat)
carpe noctem.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: -- ⋆ Nikolai 7

Postby moralityandlogic » Wed May 20, 2020 4:58 pm

Nikolai - Pro Hero #3- Decay - Tagged: Heroes
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Nikolai was genuinely seen as a pretty serious guy- one of which combusted mostly on the inside and showed a range of about four emotions total. However, right now, he was staring at this grey furry child like it created the cure to cancer. He'd never even heard of chinchillas before he was on Petfinder, and sat on the floor of his apartment wondering how on earth this nubby thing ever survived in the wild. Not Athens specifically, but the whole species as a whole was a bit baffling to him as he gaped down at his new pet. The things bathed in dust, for hell's sake. Athens seemed plenty content to be near him, which was a bit shocking given how stressed he probably looked as he called and texted nearly every hero in his contact list. Despite only having it for about two hours, the moment it voluntarily stepped in his direction, Nikolai decided he'd only ever loved his family more. He knew he'd be running the slightest bit late, but then again late by Nikolai's standards was thirty seconds past when the time shifted, and Audrey hadn't really given them a set time. Plus, purely based on blocks away and is average walking speed, it wouldn't take an abundance of time to get there. Maybe five minutes. More likely six and thirty-five seconds: something around there.

Nonetheless, Nikolai very gingerly guided Athens into a small carrier. He couldn't exactly get a new animal and then just leave it alone for hours in the same day. It just felt wrong. And so Nikolai began his walk, holding the carrier under his arm as he strided down the streets, speaking under his breath about different stores and streets as he passed by them. Was talking to animals weird? Maybe he looked crazy, but he knew Celine did it, and the very, very rare times he pet a dog the owner talked about them like they were humans, so it felt customary. Still, even with a new furry friend in his company, the moment the agency came into sight his expression grew to something more habitual to him than gaping at Athens like he'd just unlocked a whole new arc to adult existence in the world at twenty-eight years old. His features still expressed the same troubledness that seemed he seemed to constantly carry around with him, jaw clenched so he wouldn't grind his teeth. But he heard the little brush of air come from Athens's nose and couldn't help glancing down at it and relaxing slightly. With a deep breath, Nikolai pushed open the doors just in time to hear Dos Tipos discussing Whirlwind.

Nikolai's steps were swift into the room, not acknowledging anyone verbally at first, instead giving a small nod to each of them as he passed by to take a seat in one of the chairs. He was careful in the way he let the crate down at his feet so he could fold his arms over his chest, taking in the scene of Audrey, Celine, and Mateo all gathered around. Once he got situated his eyes moved to Mateo, "It's good to hear Whirlwind is giving you good suggestions," Nikolai commented with a small nod, finding a more discrete way to address the fact the hero was still alive and well. They'd talk more about it later, and about their findings. It was more of a subtle acknowledgment of the conversation to come, if anything. He couldn't help but chuckle at Celine's musings on the sports festival. To be truthful, Nikolai wasn't sure what he was going to be looking for. That was how he had a tendency to approach interns: he knew what he wanted when he saw it. And given Celine clearly didn't want anybody at the moment, he had a good chance in getting whoever his eyes were on.

"And it is very nice to see you on your feet, Audrey. I'm sure everyone was thrilled to see you on your way here. I always have ibuprofen if you need it" He explained with a closed mouth but nonetheless good-natured smile. Truth be told, the hero's backpack was the equivalent of some girls' large purses: it seemed to fit way more than it should, and seemed to be a bottomless pit of supplies for any given circumstance. "Did any of you see Jonah today, by chance?" Nikolai asked, hoping to confirm his livelihood as subtly as possible. His hand reached down to the crate as if to calm the tension that seemed built into his being by now, putting his fingers near the bars to check Athens was still there: as if he could magically evaporate into thin air from underneath his nose.

(we are high key using suspension of disbelief on this chinchilla yes I know lolololol)
moralityandlogic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

-- ⋆ audrey four

Postby lacke » Thu May 21, 2020 6:22 am

xx
      𝐚𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐲 𝐡𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐞𝐬
        location: her officexx tags: mateo, celine, nikoli, jonah xx words: 792

the hero smiled softly at mateos response, and didn't pay much attention when he went to answer his phone.
        the conversation didn't last too long, and she shook her head when he said sorry, before explaining what the
        phone call was about, and mentioning that he was in charge while the hero was away, and that mateo was
        allowed to take in some interns after the sports festival. he then turned and asked if she was still planning
        to go and audrey opened her mouth to speak, but just as she did, celine stepped out from behind her. she
        laughed quietly and gently put her hand on celines back as the woman walked away and took a seat in one
        of the chairs. just as she sat down, nikoli walked in and addressed mateos comment about whirlwind, and
        chuckled at celines comments on the sports festival. he then mentioned it was good to see her up and about,
        and audrey only nodded to his comment. "i did see jonah very briefly, he's overseeing the students training.
        i'm not sure if he signed up for it, but he seemed somewhat interested."
        with that, she rounded the table
        and passed nikoli, running a hand briefly over his shoulders as well. audrey was thankful for each and every
        one of the heroes here with her. she peered down at the crate nikoli brought in, and thought about asking,
        but decided that at the moment, there was something she needed to address.

she got to the head of the table and leaned over it, placing her hands on the table and letting out a sigh.
        her sides hurt tremendously and standing was already doing her in. "first, i wanted to thank you all. you
        did your jobs in helping me, just in the nick of time. frankly i feel bad for the nurse and how hard she
        had to work."
        she paused and stood up straight, glancing past them all and out the window. "i also feel the
        nagging need to apologize to you all. it's very... unfortunate and rather embarrassing that i was so easily
        taken by the villains. i have to admit, i feel very defeated, confused and doubtful. however, i wanted to
        thank you guys for helping me and presumably doing some investigating."
        she bowed her head to them
        again. she hesitated - they weren't there to talk about her failures, they were here to discuss what would be
        happening now. the villains were obviously gaining a lot of power, especially if they were so easily able to nab
        audrey in the middle of the night. she was the #1 hero after all, it was almost inexcusable.

"obviously the villain group is starting to gain traction and make themselves well known. no doubt news
        of what they accomplished will have spread by now - they might even gain more members that we don't
        know. we need to discuss what course of action to take against them, as they are becoming increasingly
        dangerous everyday. i think for now, we should try to map out where they are hiding. it may take awhile,
        but we can always meet up and talk about our findings."
        she paused and took a moment to look over each
        of them. this would be a team effort, so she wouldn't have minded any other opinions on the matter. "as we
        briefly talked about earlier, the time for internships is coming up, tomorrow in fact. i would rather keep
        students out of any conflict as much as possible, so i propose asking the school about having the students
        partake in a training camp in 'preparations for the internships'. that way, we can work on investigating
        while they prepare. how does that sound to you all?"
        she asked with a slight tilt of her head.

she knew she had dumped a lot of information on them at once, but for now, this was the best plan she had.
        she was definitely more than willing to hear suggestions and even change the plan - the three heroes before
        her were just as involved with everything happening as she was. a pang of guilt went through her - jonah was
        being left out but she would make sure to fill him in, or have mateo do so. she just needed to speak with the
        three that were there when she was gravely injured. she leaned forwards against the chair, a hand moving to
        her side discretely. she had too much to focus on - internships, the villains, training noi, and what felt like a
        thousand more things. she shook the thoughts out of her mind and kept her pale gaze flicking between mateo,
        celine, and nikoli, anxiously awaiting their thoughts on the matter. hopefully they were all in agreement.
lacke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

-- ⋆ we can be heroes || larkspur

Postby LivingLethal » Thu May 21, 2020 4:32 pm

-- ⋆ Larkspur Asadi [ 004 ]
    role student || quirk field || location cypress academy dorm and gym
      tagging: anyone :ok_hand:
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    Weak rays of sun peered through his dorm room window, aggravatingly catching Larkspur's waking gaze. His head ached with the tensions of the previous day; the morning was not his to conquer. His eyes crept lazily to his alarm, noticed his shy amount of time remaining until training, and fleetly shut, returning the teen to an oblivious sleep.

When Lark drifted back into consciousness, his still-sluggish gaze trailed to the clock and hastily widened astronomically. He was late—not late enough to all-out skip, but late enough to rouse any straggling sleepiness that remained within him. "And on the day before the sports fest," he sputtered, rolling recklessly out of his bed to his knees with a dull thomp. His morning ritual was rushed-through and sloppy, but he didn't spare a moment to care about his clumsiness. Larkspur was out the door and speeding for the gymnasium without so much as a second thought.

Larkspur's hustle was spent cursing himself for ignoring his incomplete homework the preceding evening—which he realized he'd left in the dorms, ingeniously—and starting the present morning so lethargically. The morning's beauty was lost on him, and the luminous sky and dewy landscape hardly registered; his existence was focused, rather, on inward condemnation during his rush to training. Upon reaching his the gym building, the boy darted into the bathrooms, wiggled into his hero costume, and then attempted his most nonchalant rush out the bathrooms and into the gym's training area.

Wiping the rushed expression off of his face, Lark nudged the gymnasium's door open and was met with a blast of cool, refreshing air. He attempted to appear as innocent and on-time as possible, peering at the other students' progress. Naya and Valerie caught his eye first, already making the most of their training sessions. Finn, Daniel, and Noi, who seemed to be recuperating at first glance, huddled together in casual conversation. An instructor was nowhere to be seen, so he instead sat on the floor by an unoccupied tablet and began some mild stretches. The aches and pains of his first awakening were flooding back into mind as his late-start adrenaline ebbed away. Truthfully, Larkspur didn't care to train today, and his morning mood didn't support his effort. The sports festival was important, but he didn't possess the strongest quirk out there, nor was he looking to make a show out of himself and risk making himself a target—especially after the incident with White Lotus being so brutally beaten yesterday. So, until someone stood before him and ordered him to do his quirk drills, Larkspur was content with his listless floor exercises.

LivingLethal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me