-- ⋆ we can be heroes

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Re: -- ⋆ we can be heroes

Postby wavvy » Fri May 22, 2020 5:41 am

Kieran Healy~ 16 years old - Erasure - Tagged:Jonah (Finn, Daniel) ~ Mentioned: Audrey, Noi

Kieran woke up with the ghost of a smile on his face, memories with his friends still recent enough they were present as he slowly slid his comforter down to his feet. Yawning, the boy stretched both his arms over his head, ready for another of training. While yesterday was chaotic, full of bustling and camera lights. There were flashes and even a helicopter if he remembered correctly. It was amazing what one could miss upon being buried in a book you''re trying to understand. Kieran overheard tidbits of conversation throughout his stay, but none of it could measure up to the severity of the circumstances. Despite it all, the morning carried on as usual.
As his footfalls increased in fervor to get to where his costume was kept, there was an alarming lack of discussion regarding last nights event. Maybe it was the terror of what happened and not wanting to be reminded. Kieran preferred that, anyhow. Because now they were back on the events looming overhead: far nicer and more positively exciting ones, too. He was having a great time at the moment, honestly. The sports festival was coming up, and while his quirk can be very helpful in it, going into a bracket of fist fights until his ability gave out wasn't exactly an ideal Sunday. Or weekday-he forgot what day it was actually on, but that's beside the point. It was always fun and he enjoyed it, but he didn't look forward to getting attacked by quirks when all he could do was run for his self-preservation and pray.At his old school, his history in these kinds of things were scarily hit or miss: he either completely wiped the floor with competitors or he was out first round. Of course, that depended on what kind of day he was having, too.
He shook the thoughts from his head as he slipped into his hero costume: a skin tight and wicking long sleeve shirt, gradient in color from white at the bottom to black at the top, with a pattern of thin silver rings looping around his sleeves. It wasn't as showy as some, but he wanted something more minimal. There was no reason to look super cool when all he did was stare at people and then punch them in the face, The white basketball shorts with silver stripes down the sides was a good touch, all filth aside. In hindsight, probably not his wisest costuming request, but it was cool at the time and the aesthetic was pleasing as he looked at it. They filed a request for some tighter pants to go underneath of them, but they had yet to be shipped. 'Hopefully next week!' He remembered the faculty member in charge of costumes telling him just a couple of days earlier.
Fortunately, his costume was relatively quick to put on, especially in comparison to some of the students with entire suits of armor or something as strenuous to put on as the like. He stepped into the gym area, immediately spotting his group of friends and had only managed to take a single step towards them before the doors opened. A flurry of gold and white brandished their eyes as she came in. Honestly, he didn't listen to a word she was saying, more focused on the fact she was on her feet and able to walk all the way here based on what he'd heard. His phone was being blown up all night by his family, wondering if she was okay and what he knew. If his family was freaking out, that was saying something. He only began to notice it was about Noi to some degree when the he approached and they began speaking quietly enough no one else could hear. His mouth was still hung open at the sight of the cynosure of the school.
She left as quickly as she entered, and the students were once again alone. Whoever was training wasn't here yet, which seemed to be the one lingering effect of last night's incident. His curiosity of who was going to appear was growing, given none of their usual faculty seemed to be coming. With this in mind he began to approach Finn and Daniel with a "What's up boys of Amer-" He began, swaggering to a point it become over dramatized, although he immediately well into a normal stance as the door opened once more. He expected Audrey to have forgotten something or whatever. but who opened the door, in Kieran's opinion was even better. His eyes widened, springing around to face Jonah with wide eyes and a beaming smile. "Inferno!" He exclaimed, smile growing impossibly wider. "You're teaching us today?!" He clenched his fist in front of him, hissing and exciting "Yesss!" Kieran had considered Jonah his mentor of sorts, and absolutely loved showing Jonah what he was capable of as a result. Every time Jonah was there, as his student of sorts, he had an even stronger drive to show up and show out. "I've been training on my own a lot," He explained, kind of rambling now. Truth be told, it had been a while since Jonah had taught.
wavvy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Jonah Miller [post 6]

Postby loulou800 » Fri May 22, 2020 2:27 pm

JONAH MILLER Inferno
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
quirk: Cremation | age: twenty-four| location: gymnasium | tagged: Naya, Kieran, all students (Audrey, Odette)
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

It was when he was making his way to the field that he was approached by a student-- and her face vaguely reminded him of one of the kids with the bratty duo from last night. He raised an eyebrow, giving her a simple "hi" before she gave him a speech, almost, of how the students needed some extra help with supervision during their training session. He listened with vague attention, knowing that she wasn't aware of a faculty member already having asked him for the current duty that she was asking for. He gave her a bit of a smirk once she finished her ramblings, her cheeks a little pink. What, was she nervous around him? He almost chuckled at the thought at how intimidating the students here found him at times. "Yeah, someone here already asked me," he said, looking down at her before looking forward, digging his hands into his jacket pockets. "So it's no sweat." He squinted up at the sunlight that peeped down on him, wondering if the weather would be good all week. He supposed the nice days would supplement for the heroes having a miserable next few weeks, mulling over what the villains were going to do next. "Yeah, yeah," he said, shifting a little bit uncomfortably. He'd never done well with accepting those big kinds of gratitude compliments (although he'd gotten a little better at it over the years), much less ones that were filled with as much enthusiasm as the teenager was giving him. He then nodded as she pointed out that they were going to the gymnasium instead of the field that day, and he inwardly cursed the faculty member that gave him the wrong information. Thank goodness that the girl didn't point it out in an embarrassing way, but just as a casual remark. His ego could be just a little big at times, really.

They separated ways as she headed to the locker room to get changed, and he found himself being a sort of wallflower by the gym, just observing for the first few minutes. Students everywhere were either practicing with their classmates, or working on their own. The tablets that they had installed throughout the premises were being put to good use, as they were designed to help fix the gym to their own needs for their quirks. He recognized the bunch that had been by that kid's side from last night, and eyed them as they worked on their training. The boy who had healed the kid was laughing with the other guy who had tag-teamed with him, and the girls who were with said boys weren't too far away, looking like they were ready to have a go at a practice duel. His eyes drifted over to the side of the gym, where he noticed that kid from last night standing with... wait, was that Audrey? Was she already awake? He blinked, stepping forward to greet her before she disappeared as quick as she had come. He swallowed, wondering where she was heading. He knew that she was bound to have a talk with the heroes, seeing that she was now awake, and he honestly wished that he were there to hear about what was going on. Now he'd have to ask one of his comrades, in a way that didn't seem too fishy. He sighed, knowing that if she hadn't messaged him about it then there was a reason why.

His gaze turned back to his phone, just to be on the safe side to see if anyone had messaged him-- but there wasn't anything, not from the heroes or from the villains. There wasn't a reply from Odette yet, either, but he didn't feel like double-texting her. He didn't play like that; she could answer on her own time. He always felt that if he texted again before the other person responded, that it was like he was being too needy- and he wasn't a needy person, thank-you very much, but he secretly hoped that she'd answer at one point soon. Otherwise, he'd message the villain group chat later on to see what was going on.

Shaking himself from his thoughts, he made his way to the front of the gym whilst putting his phone back into his jacket pocket, but not before getting stopped by an all too eager voice that called his hero name. He swivelled around to see a kid that he remembered seeing on occasion when he dropped by to teach or facilitate classes-- his mind couldn't quite place his name, did it start with a K, or something? The times that he came in to the school, he remembered working with the guy, and he was more memorable than most in that their personalities were really similar. If his memory served him, he was a sort of mentor for him? Of course, he'd like to think this, as it'd only extend his ego even more, but he wasn't at the school often enough to be an actual mentor figure for him. He gave the kid a half-grin, chuckling a little at his more than boisterous greeting. "Hey, kid," he said, lifting his hand a little as a wave before he stopped in-front of the student, crossing his arms. "Suppose I am, seeing as I'm in the gym with you guys." he said, in a slightly sarcastic tone (he meant no harm from this). "Have you? So you're gonna give me a go then?" He shook his head, laughing as he raised an eyebrow, finally making his way to front. He was kidding, of course, but if the kid wanted to have a go, well, it'd be his problem, not his (in some twisted way, he'd have fun battling the students, but he didn't actually have that evil of a heart to kill them or nothing-- but to injure? It wasn't something that he'd throw off the table.). But he always considered it good to have the students fight with dangerous quirks such as his every once in a while, just for the purpose of being prepared in any situation.

Sticking two of his fingers in his mouth, he whistled loud and clear, alerting all of the students of his presence. "Alright, can everyone see me? Hear me? Good." He didn't even pause, looking around at each student as he spoke. Already, his aura was dominating, and it was clear that his presence alone could quiet a room. Intimidation probably screamed out from his stoic facial features at that given moment, but he was half playing them. "I'll be hanging out in your class today, seeing as no-one else in this school is able to. I've heard that your school sports festival is coming up, so do your thing-- I'll be walking around and seeing what you guys can do. If anyone who needs help, don't come crying or nothing-- just ask like any other person. You're here to learn, so learn while you have someone here. If you don't have a partner, join a group, or don't. If people aren't letting you join them, don't throw a pity party-- but also, don't act like you guys know everything, because you don't. Accept people and make your quirks work together-- or don't; you can duel against each other. Make sure your attention is focussed on your quirk and on your partners. We don't need any accidents this morning, or I'll make you into an accident. Don't ask stupid things and don't do stupid stuff. Have at it." He moved from his spot at the front, waving his arm to signify that everyone should go back to their previous activities, starting his walk along the gym. He was a very hands-on person, and wasn't one to tell students what to do by getting them to look at a chalkboard, or write things down in their notebooks-- no, he preferred them to learn by themselves or with others, and improve from that. After-all, if all that they had was practicing writing about techniques, then when were they actually going to go out into the world and use those techniques? They weren't going to win any battles by writing words down on paper.
loulou800

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thingstoexist » Sat May 23, 2020 1:10 pm

VEGAS ARMADA
ROLE: Villain | QUIRK: Blood Maniulation | ALIAS: Redrover | TAGGED: Fallon, Odette, Helene, Vivi, Kiers | MENTIONED: Audrey

Vegas, in short, was never a morning person. She hated the concept of even just being awake to see the sun rise and never understood the appeal in the same fashion. These freaks of nature who voluntarily exposed themselves to the outside world like that were people she would never understand. That being said, it was no shock that the moment she was awake, Vegas was first to feed her cat as its paw gingerly rested over her thigh, meowing. She hissed a small swear as the feline curled her paw in slightly, letting the tip of her nails be the final wakeup call. "Farrah, sometimes I swear you are such a-" She cut herself off the moment there was a quiet purr, stopping her morning brooding to admire her cat as it stared up at her, waiting for her mother to start the day. "You are so lucky I love you," She muttered to the Domestic Long Hair with a faint smile. Even still half asleep, it was amazing what a cat could do. She prepared Farrah's food practically in her sleep at this point, having the routine down to what probably would have been a five-star restaurant review by feline standards.

The problem was Vegas hadn't realized how late she slept in until her phone was vibrating, and she read Helene's text over slowly as she fished a toy mouse out from the cat toy bin. It hit the ground with a small ting, although her cat was still fixated on its meal. The jet lag from Utah was apparently much more lethal than she expected it to be, as it was almost early afternoon. yeah ya girl is on her way over now. It was a lie, and she was sure Odette and Helene knew that, except it was common knowledge Vegas for the most part liked to work on her own schedule. If the villains were planning something she would be on time of course, but this would hardly do anything to change her life. She'd see them-the pleasant ones and Fallon-when she saw them. I expect a recap?? She texted a few moments later. She'd been off doing some work in France, and then came a quick turn-around to Salt Lake City. What that work was primarily involved cracking a lot of safes and locks, and a lot of money. The jet lag that was hitting her now was definitely worth what they gained, although from the updates she was given, it seemed like she missed quite a bit over in New York.

She would be lying of she said she didn't miss the villains. Or, well, most of them. But the one she didn't, just the thought of her seemed to ruin her morning slightly. Running a hand over her cat's back, she reluctantly began to slip on a white leather jacket. "I'll see you later, pretty girl," Vegas cooed as she filled Farrah's water with a promise to come home maybe even a little early tonight. It was the one thing she didn't like about all of the commitments: less time with the animal she dedicated a startling amount of time and finances to. All of her money seemed to go to coffee and Farrah exclusively, or sometimes a new piece of clothing. Coffee was on her mind now though: one stop at Starbucks and Vegas was on her way to the base with a Triple espresso in her hand.

It was clear after her arrival that Odette had just come in. Vegas pushed open the door just in time to see Odette taking a seat, Helene on her phone typing something into her notes, and Fallon looking smug and cocky as always. Vivi and Kiers were currently missing, but she assumed they would be there in time. The first thing she walked in on was Fallon bragging about three kills to some villains. "How cute," Was the first thing she managed to say upon entering, not even a greeting, and it was dry as a desert, dripping in honey-coated spite that seemed to summarize their relationship perfectly. She dropped her bag at the door, sitting on the opposite end of the couch Odette was on with a small sigh. "I'm hoping I get a recap on how the endeavors with White Lotus went? I saw her all over the news when I landed at JFK," She explained, taking a sip of her drink held in her good hand before texting out a quick where are you?? to Vivi and Kiers individually while awaiting a response.
thingstoexist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

-- ⋆ thirteen

Postby kieranwilcox » Sat May 23, 2020 7:39 pm

━━━━━ [ ❀ ] ━━━━━━━ 𝐍 𝐀 𝐘 𝐀 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    focusing her lightning in one specific spot was a challenge for naya. the voltage of her bolts were almost too powerful for her to manage. when she uses too much of her electricity she looses consciousness. that is one of the main reasons why she’s been holding back when using her quirk. her offensive attacks haven’t been as powerful as they could be and it is really frustrating to naya. utilizing her quirk to her fullest potential was almost impossible right now, she reminded herself to ask jonah about it later. it was getting extremely difficult to control her full power so she knew she had to ask a pro who had a similar quirk. as naya shot an otter bolt into the abyss, valerie began to walk up to her. the lingering purple bolts started to fade as naya turned toward her friend.

a smile spread across naya’s face, “hey! i’m glad you came.” naya replied, glancing at valerie’s training outfit before focusing back on her face. valerie and naya often trained together, it was like a typical day off for the two teens. they are both motivated to improve their quirks, especially since the sports festival was tomorrow. it was nerve wracking but naya tried not to think about it, she knew she was only going to get more anxious. “yeah of course!” naya replied, placing on hand on her hip. the purple coat that she wore was tailored perfectly to come at her waist which flattered her figure. the color of her coat matched the booths that emitted. “we could do what we did last time....” naya suggested, trailing off her for a second. valerie’s arbour quirk was more suited for defense and capture which made it easier for naya to work on her offensive side. “i could work on my offensive and you could work on your defense, blocking my bolts...” naya explained, a smirk crawling on her face. there was nothing more exciting than training with one of her closest friends at the academy.

the two both got into position as they normally would, “you ready?” naya asked, standing a couple feet away from valerie. “i’ll try not to zap you this time.” she added, letting out a soft giggle. naya clearly remembered their last training session. even though they were both being supervised, naya hit valerie when she was unable to block her bolt. she smiled at her friend, throughout the time she has known her valerie has improved a lot. naya was sure that valerie was going to be a successful pro hero, her quirk was flashy and powerful which the people loved. however, naya needed to focus on their training, so she reached into the sky and pulled her hand down being a bolt of purple lighting down in front of her. right after that, the teen flicked her arm toward valerie and shooting the purple bolt straight toward her.

valerie and naya continued to train for a bit before jonah spoke up. the pro hero called for all of the student’s attention. she still couldn’t believe that inferno was the one supervising them. naya stopped her training to turn her body to face the hero, listening to what he had to say. as she listened, naya couldn’t help but notice intimidating demeanor. he was the type of person whose presence called for authority, although that’s what it was like for most heroes. jonah went over the rules for the training in a strangely odd way, it wasn’t almost funny but naya kept her mouth shut. she didn’t want to be on jonah’s bad side, or anybody’s for that matter. the sports festival is coming up which meant internships. naya needed to impress the heroes, this is a great opportunity to show jonah her skills in hopes that she could possibly be recruited by him.

turning in her heels, naya looked back at valerie. as she thought about the sports festival, the more nervous she got. “i’m so nervous val...i feel like tomorrow everything going to go wrong for me.” naya admitted, looking down at the ground. “i can’t fully control my quirk yet and i worry that i’m not going to get any calls for the internships or that i’m just going to embarrass myself in front of millions of people.” she added, a worried expression on her face. naya met her friends eyes, she knew that Valerie was one of the only ones that could calm her nerves. she was glad that she had at least one person at the school that she could truly talk to.

kieranwilcox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wavvy » Sun May 24, 2020 4:21 am

Fallon Axxe "Lady Voltage" ~ 21 years old ~ Villain ~ Tagged: Vegas ~ Mentioned: Odette, Helene, Villains

Fallon had been enjoying the moment with Odette and Helene; neither of them seemed to mind when she discussed the loss of three heroes. After all, why would they? It meant Fallon was only getting better (at least in her opinion) and as a result, was killing more threats to the villains from out of town. After all, in light of the news with White Lotus, they would come swarming. They were pathetic little things: squirming and ambitious- all too ready to die. And Fallon would take them out the same way she did when the sun fell. Even those with darkness abilities could be taken down with the light quirk. She'd yet to meet a reasonable match, and seeing as the number one pro hero was at their mercy just twenty-four hours ago, the youngest villain was still riding the high. They were unstoppable. And frankly, Fallon didn't want to stop. She wanted another-another body she'd dropped on the street, another scream, another something, and she was not the type to appreciate waiting for it.
To add further insult to injury, in came Vegas, in all of her late and bothersome glory. She always had something snide to say, always something that made her wish Helene's palm was the blood manipulator's entire face. Fallon was never known to take criticism well. Her laugh was cold in response. “Oh my god, stop the presses, Vegas actually showed up today?” Fallon turned from her spot in the room looking over her shoulder. “You been having fun?” She asked with a tight-smile. She’d learned over the years to keep her jibes casual, especially with herself still possibly on thin ice with Odette and especially Helene after the day prior. Both of them were good leaders in their own sense, but Odette’s tolerance was an absolute zero and Helene’s was completely hit or miss. She didn’t wish to get dragged to hell and back today. It did always seem that Vegas brought out the cattiness and passive aggression in Fallon. All she'd ever known was aggression-aggression. Her breaths came out sharp but even. Calm. She needed to calm down.
Fire burned in her soul immediately, gold stinging down her fingers. Her lips curled. She'd rise up to a fight if Vegas wanted to start one. The girl would have to had lost a lot of brain cells on her trip to forget how happy it'd make her. No. Her conscience was not an active part of her existence, however dark eyes moved to the damage she'd done on the second in command. Cathartic in the moment, yes, but likely not worth it. And so she kept the dispute tragically verbal. "Yeah, we got White Lotus critically injured. Shame you weren't there to ruin it," Fallon scoffed with a role of her eyes. She managed to calm the electricity down to static; as long as the current hadn't grown to the extent it was sparking like it was yesterday, she was able to rein it back in. Her foot tapped, waiting, hoping, for one of the others to enter as a means of distraction from her frustration. That or anyone but Vegas to open her mouth and start something she'd regret.
wavvy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

-- ⋆ fourteen

Postby kieranwilcox » Sun May 24, 2020 9:18 pm

━━━━━ [ ♕ ] ━━━━━━━ 𝐌 𝐀 𝐓 𝐄 𝐎 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    just as mateo was done speaking, nikoli entered the room with a small furry friend. ‘so that’s what the text was about’ the hero thought to himself. before this, mateo had never heard of nikolai talking about owning a pet. what could possibly make him impulsively buy a baby chinchilla? instead of addressing the small friend, nikolai spoke about whirlwind. instantly, mateo picked up on the small mannerism, nikolai and mateo still needed to talia bout their findings. the hero walked in at the right time, “yeah, we’ll see what happens...” mateo replied, looking at nikolai, signaling that he knew they needed to talk. mateo has made some progress since last night that he needed to go over, he hoped that nikolai called up some heroes as well. they needed to know who the missing hero was.

seemingly out of nowhere, celine appeared out of her shadows. thanks to her quirk, she could shift through the darkness with ease, it was quite amazing. mateo nodded his head slightly to greet the hero as she gracefully walked around the room. hearing celine’s comment about the kids made his scoff, “that’s no surprise...” mateo butted in, leaning back on the couch. the hero closed his eyes for a second, rushing he could be in his bed. however, he knew this meeting was important, they had to discuss what happened yesterday night. “i’m actually pretty excited to it, these kids have a lot of potential...” mateo trailed off, thinking about the few times where he actually saw some of the kids in action. of course they still needed work but that was understandable for their age.

mateo noticed the slight changes in audrey’s actions, he could tell that she wasn’t moving as flawlessly as she normally would. it made sense, she was injured badly. the hero was surprised that she was even up in the first place. mateo decided not to bring that up at the moment since they needed to talk about what actually went on yesterday. listening to audrey speak, he couldn’t help but sympathize for her. audrey, the number one hero, was taken down by a group of very powerful villains, it must not feel so great to be in her position. “there’s no need to apologize...these villains are getting stronger by the minute. they are not as reckless as they were before.” mateo said honestly, thinking about odette’s group of villains. he knew that they all had powerful quirks and were starting to learn how to execute organized crime. injuring audrey had to be their message to the world. audrey’s accident didn’t make him think less of her as a hero, mateo still looks up to her. it was still so crazy that he was in the same room with the top three heroes in the world.

a few moments of silenced filled the air when audrey talked through her plan. mateo took a few second to collect his thoughts before speaking up. “finding the villains hideout would be a good place to start out...” mateo trailed off, glancing at nikolai. he needed to find the hideout because that could possibly be where the other hero was taken. “while we went back to the alley we saw traces of electricity, possibly lady voltage...if that’s true then the wraith was probably involved in it as well.” mateo explained, briefing the other two heroes of their findings. but... i can have whirlwind’s agency look into that...myself included. we can all work closely together and go along from there. whirlwind basically told me to do whatever the hell i want, but i can run it by him just in case.” mateo added, hoping his insight was good enough to the other heroes. because mateo has recently gaining massive popularity, he’s been more involved with big cases around the city.

taking a deep breath, mateo thought about the student internships. with everything that was going on right now, he completely agreed with audrey’s statement. “that would be best...it gives them more time to prepare and gives us time to figure things out with the villains. i hope things would die down by then.” mateo explained, crossing his arms across his chest. he wasn’t the one to bite his tongue, if somebody asked for his opinion, he would give it. mateo always has a thought that whatever he says goes which sometimes got him in a bit of trouble. because teo was in a room with some of the top heroes, he wanted to sound knowledgeable and to actually give I tour to the situation. the hero knew he was a smart guy, but it was sometimes buried by his brute force in battles.

location: white lotus’s agency tags: nikolai, audrey, celine mentions: fallon
kieranwilcox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Valerie Moon [post 7]

Postby loulou800 » Wed May 27, 2020 9:21 am

VALERIE MOON
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
quirk: Arbour | age: fifteen | location: gymnasium| tagged: Naya, Larkspur (Finn)
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

"Thanks," Valerie smiled. "I'd like that! I need practice controlling Arbour anyways, you know how it can get sometimes." Naya's suggestion for their training was exactly what she was thinking of, and she was glad that they were thinking along the same lines. While Naya could practice her offense, Valerie could practice her defense-- it was going to be tricky to try to dodge her lightning attacks, but she was always willing to try. She could also try to create a barrier of wood around her, but she'd have to act quick, or she'd easily get zapped or burned by the spits of sparks that emanated from Naya's quirk. It was important for Valerie to improve her training, because she still found her management of controlling Arbour difficult at times, and it was very frustrating for her. She felt like a let-down because when she was younger, she was quite good at controlling it, but now that she was older, it was almost as if she had gotten worse? Yes, she'd gotten better on some aspects, but being able to control Arbour was very important to her, for if it went haywire then she wouldn't be able to protect herself or others around her.

They got into their appropriate spots from across the gym, where the tablets stood on either side of where they were standing. "Ready!" Valerie called out, bracing herself for Naya's first attack. She shivered at the memory of Naya's zap from their previous training session, when she wasn't able to throw Arbour in-front of her to protect herself. It wasn't pleasant, and she knew that Naya hadn't zapped her with all of her power. Imagining the full extent of her quirk only made her all the more nervous, so she shook the thoughts away, and gave a smile back at her friend, her body tuned in to what was going on. She watched as Naya reached into the air and brought down a bolt of purple lightning with so much apparent ease, before essentially tossing it towards her.

Dodging the attack by nimbly bouncing to the right, she found herself sliding a little on the gym floors before nailing her feet to the floor, closing her eyes and focussing on bringing Arbour to life. Almost instantly, her feet literally became rooted to the floor, and her skin hardened to transform into wood; her suit adapting to the changes that were overcoming her body. Even her face had become wooden, and she looked like a human tree in all aspects, minus sprouts of leaves or flowers that hadn't come out (as there was no need for it). Her intense blueish-green eyes were a stark contrast to the shades of brown that now surrounded her, and she willed her arms to stretch out towards Naya, ready to pull her in a for a binding attack.

She reached Naya with ease, and caught her slightly off guard, but Naya was quick to react; using her quirk to essentially shock Valerie. Valerie reared back in pain as it flashed over her, and she dropped Naya down to the ground (none too lightly). "That was pretty good," she said, giving her friend a grin before shaking her branches a bit; they were sizzling from Naya's attack. Valerie ran forward, or rather, grew forward, by extending her roots and therefore her legs so she was almost at a limbo state; shooting her branches at Naya again, but instead of them shooting towards only Naya, it shot to her waist but also to a spare chair over in the corner; ensnaring that as well. Valerie silently cursed, trying to shoo it away from her branches but to avail; Arbour just didn't want to let go of it. She didn't want to hit Naya with it or anything; why did her quirk act up like this sometimes?

Naya took this opportunity while Valerie was distracted to shoot another lightning bolt at her, which shook Valerie out of her frustrated thoughts, and she reared back again. The second shock allowed her to drop both Naya and the chair, and she fell to the floor, breathing heavily and wiping the sweat from her brow, giving her friend a shake of the head before lying down on the ground, catching her breath. "Okay, time out," she said, giving her the "T" sign with her hands. She returned back to her normal self; her skin fading from wood to flesh-- it was a sight to see; almost magic-- it was like she was trapped in a tree, and recently resurfaced.

Her attention turned to Jonah, who had started to speak after her and Naya took a pause on their training, and she sat up, tugging at her collar a bit as she sat cross-legged. She wished she could open up a window or something, but she knew that the heat came from the lightning strikes and from her inner frustrations. As she listened to him speak, she felt herself tense up at his apparent "no monkey business" attitude, which she appreciated him all the more for. Sure, people thought that he was a hard-head, but there was no doubt that he was a good leader and an even more incredible hero with amazing control of his quirk. She felt a little nervous that he would be supervising them today, but she knew that the times that he did drop by, he always gave people constructive criticism (with jabs here and there) that allowed them to improve on ways of bettering their quirks. His passion shone through when he was in his zone, and it influenced Valerie a lot, as she was sure that it did for others.

As soon as he let them get back to their activities, Valerie turned her head to look at Naya as she spoke. She was expressing her feelings on tomorrow's sports festival, and how worried she was about her outcome towards the events. "Naya, do you know how amazing you are with your quirk already?" Valerie said gently, giving her friend a reassuring smile. "I mean, your control on it is so much better than mine, for one." She held up her pointer finger. "Secondly, your lightning attacks are so useful. They can slow someone down, it can shock them-- literally. They're pretty powerful and I don't think you've used your most powerful attacks on me just yet. Not that I really want you to." She grinned as she held up another finger. "And any internship would be so lucky to have you. Honestly. You're doing great so far." She held up yet another finger, after stating her three reasons. "Besides, I think we're all in the same boat as you. We're all really nervous about tomorrow. I know I am. I don't even know if I control Arbour well enough to not knock out everyone in the audience, you know?" She laughed nervously, choosing this moment to pick at her hard shoes that blended in with her hero suit. "So don't worry. I'll cheer you on. I'll get Finn to cheer you on, too." She gave Naya a smile. Sometimes pep talks and letting someone know that they weren't alone was the best gift that someone could receive when they were feeling stressed.

While waiting for Naya to reply, she noticed Larkspur in the spot next to them, and she felt a little inclined to wave him over. He was on the floor, doing some exercises whilst on his own-- it didn't look like he had a partner in sight, and she wondered if that was by choice or if it was because no-one had asked him or accepted his invite to train. He was always a quiet guy who kept to himself, and Valerie, for some reason unbeknownst to her, always wondered if there was more to him than he was letting on. He never appeared to be the kind of brooding individual that was rude to others who spoke to him, at-least not in her own personal experience, so she never felt like he was a bad guy or anything. He was just sort of mysterious, and his mysterious aura somehow drew people away from him, in a way. While Valerie was more the reserved type with people that she didn't really know, she never felt that she had the same kind of aura as him.

Deciding to just go ahead and invite him over, she waved at him, a slight blush forming over her freckled cheeks. "Uh, hey, Larkspur," she called out, her voice sounding soft, but loud enough so that he could hopefully hear her throughout the chaos of the gym. "Do... do you want to join us? Unless you're waiting on someone?" She felt very nervous as she twiddled her thumbs, eyes boring into his. Ah geez, Valerie, it's not like you're asking him to prom or something, she thought. He's just a boy. You're just inviting him to train with you and Naya.
loulou800

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

𝐈

Postby fiver » Thu May 28, 2020 8:11 pm

𝐊𝐈𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐅𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐑.
      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━---━━━━
          Sunlight shinning rather annoyingly at the tops of his eyelids was the only thing that drug him from his slumber. And at first, he groaned subconsciously and pulled the blanket over his face in an effort to shield himself from the sunlight, from another tiresome day amongst the hero population... Pity... He wondered if there would ever be a day he would wake up and there not be the looming presence of said justice... Kiers could only hope, but hope was a word that barely crossed his vocabulary.

There was no escaping the grasp of the day as he laid there for probably a good few minutes before shoving the blanket off his body. Slowly sitting up, the young villain rubbed his face. "Another wonderful day, eh?" Kiers mumbled and went to the bathroom, giving the smallest and quickest of glances to the mirror. Dark circles shaded his under eyes like clouds. his lack of sleep was perhaps the reason why he wanted so desperately to slink back into his bad and hide away from the world. Alas, he had too much to do to waste his time sleeping. Work had to be done.

Kiers followed his usual routine of splashing his face with some cool water, daily hygiene, of course, a change of rather monotone clothes; a black pair of jeans, a white t-shirt, black cap toe boots, a greyish colored bomber jacket that had been worn its fair share of times, and a watch. And just like that, he was out the door and ready for the day...

Crap, he had forgotten to grab something for breakfast... The most important meal of the day. Wouldnt be the first time. In fact, Kiers had more often than not skipped most meals and hung to one actual entree. The entirety of his diet comprised of snacks often throughout the day. He'd have to remember to grab something before he got to the villain hideout.

Kiers could imagine the others would be rather annoyed with his lack of presence in the little group. He'd have to make sure to make an effort to continue to be on good terms with them all. He didn't want to be on bad terms with any of them, in fact, he respected the lot of them. Deciding upon working harder and being more inversed in the little community, he'd have to ask Odette if she'd like more of him...

The faint buzz of his phone in his pocket stirred his attention, he looked down and pulled the device out to give a look to who wanted his attention. Vegas. Asking where he was. His fingers rather lazily slid along the screen till he managed to get a message sent back in response;

'I'm almost there, im not too late yet xx'

With a small sigh escaping his lips, he ran a hand through his rather messily combed white locks as he stuck to a rather seclude path to the building. His gaze occasionally wondering from the sidewalk to peer at the sky or something that absentmindedly caught his attention like a bird or the trees moving with the breeze. When was the last time he had done something other than immersing himself so deeply in bringing down the heroes? He couldn't remember. His hatred and spite was bubbling and spilling at the seams. Maybe a day like this could be enjoyed in the future when the wasn't false hope lingering in everyone's minds... Part of him pitied those who thought the heroes could actually save them, protect them... Kiers however saw his younger self in that naive mindset.

His journey dwindled to a stop as he opened the door and entered the space, giving a small glance to Odette, Helene, Fallon, and Vegas gathered together. The air to the room was rather mixed, not that he could read it if he tried. He was still rather tired, perhaps a little later he'd ask what had been said before his arrival... But until then, he'd confront what all he had missed. The white-haired villain slipped his hands into his pockets, casually striding to one seat and slipping into the chair.

Just vaguely reading the room, the person that struck Kiers as most intolerable was Fallon. He wondered what had tipped off the villain. Kiers contemplated deeply on whether or not he should address her attitude in casual questions or leave it be. He didn't know which would better benefit the situation...

Instead, Kiers went with a rather relaxed greeting to his fellow comrades. "How's everyone? Apologies for my late arrival... Sleep evades me more and more by each passing day..." He murmured and craned his body back in his chair, stretching his limbs. The small strain and ache in his muscles got significantly larger until he relaxed once more and offered a somber smile.

"Ladies, you look lovely today." He commented with a tip in his head, this was intended to ease some of the tension. Who knows if the effort would be received as such. Oh well.
fiver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

-- ⋆ finn 7

Postby lacke » Fri May 29, 2020 5:02 am

xx
      𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐨𝐫
        location: gymnasium xx tags: daniel, noi, kieran, ifnerno xx words: 366

shortly after teasing daniel, noi walked over and finnegan offered him a very wide smile. "please! we
        haven't quite decided what we want to do yet."
        he stated as the boy stopped besides them. finnegan
        turned to look at kieran who was approaching with an over dramatized walk, before the door opened
        and light filled the room. in walked inferno, and finnegan watched as kieran made a beeline for the
        hero. he laughed quietly and stepped back so he was facing the hero. "it's kind of odd to have inferno
        here. i wonder if the pros made him come on purpose?"
        he whispered, before inferno whistled, making
        everyone turn their attention on him. he began giving the kids what seemed like a pep talk, throwing
        in comments about 'not asking stupid questions' and 'i'll make you into an accident'. the boy felt himself
        frown and almost opened his mouth to say something, but decided against it. once the pro was done,
        he turned on his heels to face the two boys in front of him.

"alright boys, lets get to it!" he stated, although he wasn't completely sure how they would all train. the
        two boys in front of him had great quirks, noi was able to speed of molecules and daniel was able to copy
        quirks. finnegans was rather dull, so he was unsure of how exactly to train or even help daniel train. he
        placed his hands on his hips in thought - he did a lot of mental training as well as a lot of stamina training.
        however, stamina training was a little hard if someone wasn't hurt. "what exactly do you guys want to do?"
        he asked with a tilt of his head. "if you guys want to train together i can just step in when one of you guys
        gets a little hurt."
        he suggested, casting a glance at daniel. his eyes drifted over to their friends - valerie,
        naya and larkspur and he watched as they easily began to train and help one another with their quirks. he
        felt himself frown - each of their classmates had amazing quirks and all he could do was wait around for
        someone else to get hurt.
lacke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

06 -- ⋆ Helene

Postby ~stories untold. » Fri May 29, 2020 12:00 pm

♠Helene♠】"𝙼𝚎𝚛𝚌𝚢"
﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
    Helene was quiet in her acknowledgment of the first person she saw; it wasn't out of spite as much as it was not wishing to endorse any further violence. It wasn't her place to tell Fallon what she could and could not do as long as it didn't interfere with their capability of executing missions as they came. That didn't, however, mean she wanted to vamp the girl up to where she'd be searching for a fight if they were going to try and lay low. It depended on the way they wanted to go about the day, which was more of an Odette choice than her own. Helene would end up getting what she wanted a majority of the time, mainly because Helene's activities often came as small commitments with a good amount of logic and reason behind them. Speaking of their leader, she was the person who came in next. Truth be told, she considered Odette more of a friend than the rest of them, although given how guarded they both were, what that really meant fluctuated often. They'd managed to come together mostly due to their similar personalities in more than one regard. The fact Helene was borderline offensively blase probably helped in getting her to second in command. Yesterday was an exception to the very common rule with Helene, known to herself exclusively as just about never striking in an argument. Conflicts with heroes, sure-training, sure, but beyond that she heavily leaned away from that kind of confrontation. Or any within the group, really. Getting her that fired up was a task generally hard to accomplish, but given the heightened circumstance and the physical provocation, it was just about inevitable. Manhandling her typically did not go well.
    Helene acknowledged her emergence with a small flick of her wrist in a wave before turning her attention back to her phone. She was looking up the news articles on the happenings of the night before. There was a lot of blurry pictures and rumors that were outright absurd, and she was barely suppressing a laugh at some of the headlines that kind of looked like a game of telephone gone wrong. She just managed send out a quick text to Jonah-how are things looking on the other side?? before the banner notification of Vegas being on her way showed up. What fun that would be for sure. She arrived not much later and it felt as if the second she arrived the bickering already started. Helene stared up at the ceiling, wondering if Satan himself had been the one throwing together the eternal punishment that was two villains way too talented to get rid of that hated each other. "As much as I love the early afternoon saga..." She began, swinging her legs to the end of the chaise, standing up with as much fluidity as a person this bitter could manage. She approached Vegas steadily, walking past Odette and taking the coffee from the blood manipulator's hand to take a sip.
    Just as she was about to continue the lone boy for the moment made an appearance: poor him without Jonah with this group. "Ah, Kiers, nice to see you and your shining face," Her tone had absolutely no inflection in it whatsoever, meaning it could have meant she was contemplating homicide or excitement on the complete opposite end of the spectrum. Her expression, however, shifted into a bright smile. "Such a charmer," She added with a snicker at his comment, more than happy to indulge in something other than the bitter resentment between two villains and the events of the day before still lingering overhead. She handed Vegas her coffee back and began to cross back to where she was sitting earlier, languidly draping herself over it and looking back over her shoulder at Odette. Helene took the invitation to lighter topics without hesitation, turning to look at Odette. "How's Wolfgang?" She was looking for an on topic answer, but there was a different question in her eyes and expression than the one said aloud: What do you want them to know? In Helene's opinion, it probably wasn't the best idea to bring up the fight, simply because the brunette didn't doubt Vegas would pick a fight about it. Maybe she didn't have enough faith in them, but maybe she was right.

Tags: All the villains, basically~~ Mention:Jonah (kinda?), Vegas ~~ Location: Hideout ~~ WC: 697
~stories untold.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me