〔yesterday〕↠ closed

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Re: 〔yesterday〕↠ closed

Postby Ashton_99 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:45 pm

||Jack U. Kaʻaukai||
○ Leader Of The Hunters ○ ♂ ○ 34 ○ Location: Hunters' House ○ Tags: Open ○

Jack was up early this morning just like he was most mornings when he managed to get to sleep in the first place. He'd spent the first early, dark hours running through a basic workout. From warm up to nearly busting his knuckles through their wraps as he went through drills. A headache that he'd had the past few days didn't manage to slow him down. Now, though, he had showered off and taken up residence in the tiny- to him at least- kitchen in the house the hunters were using as a home base. Settling down like this for a hunt was a new experience for him as most of the things he and his hunters went after where half-rabid and none too subtle by the time they arrived to take them out. Still, it didn't matter. A hunt was a hunt.

He wasn't perfectly silent but Jack was quiet enough as he made himself coffee and started some kind of breakfast. He managed to scrape together enough eggs and toast for whoever else woke up this morning and was in the mood to eat before he took his own food and coffee to the front porch. It wasn't a huge space with someone his size taking up what room there was, but he preferred it over being inside while everyone was asleep so that he didn't have to worry about waking them up until he had to. Besides, it wasn't a horrible morning.

<<Dakota M. Calhoun>>
○ Pack Member ○ ♀ ○ 26 ○ Pan ○ Location: Cabin + surrounding area ○ Tags: Open ○

Dakota was going a bit stir crazy. Between the torrent of her pack's emotions and her own inability to stay in one place she was going a bit insane. Usually, she loved the cabin. It was a place where nearly every person she loved would come and hangout in one place. Now, it was a place of misery. Of course, she too was feeling the loss of their alpha herself, but those emotions she could eventually deal with. What was driving her over the edge was the people she cared for having such a toll taken on them. She woke up early and tried to put herself together as much as she could. Her jeans, plaid, and her black cowboy hat were all in typical fashion as she put on a smile that was hopefully chipper enough to help her pack feel better on a day like to day. It wouldn't, probably, but she could hope at least.

She made her way downstairs and helped herself to some orange juice in the kitchen before taking out the back door. She knew she had to be back soon so that they could all go to the funeral, but right now she just needed to clear her head and nature helped her do that. Dakota found a familiar tree- all of the trees around the cabin were familiar really but this one she liked the most- and she climbed up into the wide reaching branches. Securing herself with her back to the truck, Dakota watched the area around the back of the Cabin. However, even though she was trying to relax she still found herself keeping an eye out for danger. It wasn't safe anymore.
Ashton_99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stargazer3000 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:43 pm

╔══════════════════☾☼☽══════════════════╗
Farris Sannhildr | tagged: Jack | location: forest, hunter's house
╚══════════════════☾☼☽══════════════════╝

The first rays of day light filtered through the tree branches, turning trace amounts of dust and dirt to a shimmering gold as they hung still in the morning air, suspended as though the forest itself was holding its breath. But the forest is never still for long; Farris inhaled slowly and softly through her nose, cradling the smell of damp dirt and pine in the back of her throat as long as she could before pushing it back out, watching it waft like smoke away from her face. She did not linger to see it fully dissipate, instead forcing her chilled fingers to find purchase on the branch she had sitting on for the better part of an hour. She gracefully swung to the forest floor and landed with a muffled grunt. Adjusting her pack, she headed back in the direction of Cranberry, pulling out a topographic map and marking an ‘X’ as she trekked towards the main walking trail.

Farris had risen before the sun that morning, as she had every morning since the hunters had arrived in the little haven. She’d loved the town from the beginning, the mountains especially -despite the fact that they looked like vicious teeth threatening to swallow Cranberry into their gaping maw. It was through and around these teeth that Farris had diligently traveled in the mornings before sunlight, resting for hours in trees, up on craggy cliffs, disguised among river willows, waiting, watching,hunting. ‘X’s were scattered across her maps of the wildnerness surrounding Cranberry, slowly narrowing in on the prize that her family had come to claim; the den, the pack.

Scouting like this was now second nature to Farris, though she’d only fully understood its importance following the death of Rowan. The hunters had found the first wolf by accident, and though she had not been a part of that particular hunting party, the surprise of the encounter still shook her. Determined to give her partners as much information as she could, she scribbled note after note into her journal, barely noticing that she had arrived back in town until she had practically reached the house her odd little family was staying in.

Farris was greeted by the sight of Jack sitting on the porch, and immediately a warm smile lit up her face. “Oh, for me? You shouldn’t have!” she teased, bounding up the steps and snatching a slice of toast off Jack’s plate, shoving it in her mouth before he had the chance to stop her and fluttering her eyelashes in a mock-flirt. She settled on the steps below him, slipping her bag off her shoulders and settling between her knees. After a moment of digging around in its depths she produced an only-slightly-stale blueberry scone (courtesy of Charlie’s café) and offered it to Jack, chuckling in her lilting Irish accent, “Fair trade? I bet it would go great with your coffee.”
Last edited by Stargazer3000 on Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stargazer3000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spirit • daydream » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:44 pm

𝙰𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚊 𝙳𝚎𝚟𝚒𝚗
➢ pack member | female | twenty-two | location - pack cabin | mentions/tags - Louise
Annie hadn't slept that night, most nights after the murder actually. She would doze off every now and again but immediately be woken up by a noise outside or inside the cabin. She was so alert and she couldn't help it. She knew that everyone was on edge. She had paced around her bedroom floor until finally perched herself on her windowsill. She leaned on her knees as she stared out into the forest. Her eyes darting every which way, watching for signs of movement. Sometimes she would think she saw the past alpha staring up at her, but she knew that it was probably from lack of sleep. She shook her head and stood up slowly, her joints popping with each movement. With a final stretch, she headed downstairs knowing Louise had probably boiled some water for tea. She might as well grab a cup. Walking down the stairs slowly making sure to skip the noisy steps she made her way past Lou and into the kitchen. She made her tea and as she was heading back up to her perch she stopped and looked at Lou sadly. She could see that she had been suffering just as much. It showed on her face how little sleep she got. She knew that they must look the same. "Good morning" Annie had said softly, her voice croaking from little use. She took a sip from her tea to soothe her throat, gripping her cup tighter to try to get the warmth to enter her body faster.
spirit • daydream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ashton_99 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:24 pm

||Jack U. Kaʻaukai||
○ Leader Of The Hunters ○ ♂ ○ 34 ○ Location: Hunters' House ○ Tags: Farris ○

Seeing her approach, Jack didn't move much, just tracked her coming with his eyes. He grumbled in what might pass for a greeting when she got close enough. He was content to just let her pass into the house until she managed to swipe food off of his plate. He smacked at her hand though it was already too late as she'd gotten his toast. "If you want food so bad, go inside. Made enough so you brats wouldn't steal from me." Though the words sounded like they should be scolding, his gruff tone was near fond enough to show he didn't actually mind all that much. He took the scone, biting in to it before relenting, "Guess this is better than toast." Letting the quiet of the still morning settle over them, Jack nearly managed to relax, only making noise in way of eating or drinking.

His eyes had wandered out to the nature surrounding the house. If he didn't know what infested the blood of this town, Jack could almost see himself living in a place like Cranberry. But, the beginning adrenaline of a hunt thrilled in his veins. He got the distinct feeling that this hunt would be different somehow. Jack forced himself back from his mental wandering and back to finishing his breakfast.

He waited until he was nearly finished with his coffee to continue the conversation, "Any luck with your scouting?" He gave Farris a small once over to check if she'd hurt herself. Jack wasn't overly fond of his hunters going off alone but they were grown adults and could do as they pleased (for the most part). Besides, plenty of times it's necessary to go solo and he went off on his own enough that if he complained about them doing so he'd be a hypocrite.
Ashton_99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfiresAddiction » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:52 pm

Bright Malinon ♆
Second in Command| Location - Hunter's House | Mentions: Jack and Farris

Weak rays of light dusted across dark brown hair as they shone through the window, braving to become greater and brighter as time passed. Bright looked up from his book for a second to look at the window, squinting slightly as he stared at the sun. The sun had not yet reached its full strength, its warm and cheerful self waking up along with the rest of the hunters at the crack of dawn. At least, a rare few. Most hunters knew to be up early and preparing. Bright wasn't reading any ordinary book. He was reading a compiling of Farris' and other hunters' notes, carefully examining each page. The pages were loosely bound together, covered in scribbles, clothes, drawings, and little maps. From this, he had managed to pick up a few habits of wolves. His fingers pinched at a page, nearly ripping it as he gazed at a quick sketch of a wolf that had been spotted near a random town. A beautiful creature, but rotten as an infection and dangerous as a wall of arrows.

He looked up upon hearing someone walking around in the tiny house and wondered briefly who it was. With a quick look at the tiny bunks around him, he figured it was either Farris of Jack. Both had been gone when he had woken up. He got up early like most hunters, but he sometimes lagged behind in the move to wake up. Bright was never a morning person, but he wasn't any better at any other time of the day. Always silent, glaring, or staring. He smiled the most when he was on a hunt. It excited him more than he could express.

The smell of freshly cooked breakfast wafted into his nose, and the large man was roused from his studying, scooching off of the window seal and placing the book down on his bed. Farris would surely pick it up later if she needed to. With short steps, he wandered out of the small room and let the smell lead him, even though it was obviously coming from the kitchen. But it wasn't. Bright let out a quiet 'hmm?' and looked around before picking up muffled chattering. Farris was at it again.

He stepped out onto the porch, stretching his arms above his head as the still warming planks creaked under his feet. The half Thai took a deep breath before looking between Farris and Jack, giving them the slightest smile, Jack getting a nod as well. Bright closed the door behind him and stood between them, his eyes on the half-eaten scone. For a second, he considered swiping it, but his eyes settled on a better prize. One far more bitter, but still just as good. "Hey," he said shortly, his voice a deep baritone which rolled from between his lips like soft velvet, "Let me have some of your coffee." It sounded more like a demand rather than a question, but Bright would get the coffee in the end, so it didn't matter how he stated his desire to have it.
InfiresAddiction

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stargazer3000 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:12 pm

Farris Sannhildr | tagged: Jack, Bright | location: hunter's house

Farris savored the momentary quiet of the dawn, content for a second to be still. After a pause she shook her head in response to Jack's question, simply handing him the map she had been pouring over that morning and pointing to the fresh 'X's that had been added. "Nothing new, boss. This pack is...different. We've been all over, but I've never really seen anything like them before; it's almost like the higher reasoning is still there. They're smart for sure, but with any luck, I'm smarter, and-" she paused to throw in a quick wink, "infinitely more charming. I'll find the den, or my name isn't Franny Sannhildr. Wait-" Before she could continue Bright made his way out onto the porch, stretching in the sun. "Morning sleeping beauty," Farris teased through a grin, watching his breakfast demands with a bemused expression. "Hey now," she chided, her Irish accent thickening into a mock Southern drawl, "This here is a trade-based economy. I had to give up a perfectly good scone for some of Jack's breakfast treats -there's more in the kitchen by the way - so what have you got to offer? Besides, of course, the joy of seeing your delightful sunny face." Before giving Bright a chance to respond, she followed up with, "Reflex check!" and tossed her most recently filled notebook in his direction.
Stargazer3000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ashton_99 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:36 pm

||Jack U. Kaʻaukai||
○ Leader Of The Hunters ○ ♂ ○ 34 ○ Location: Hunters' House ○ Tags: Bright + Farris ○

A borderline scowl flitted over Jack's features as he looked up from the map he'd been handed. He was tolerant before of his food getting stolen but this was another matter entirely, this was caffeine. He rose one eyebrow while the other dipped, silently asking just who Bright thought he was talking to, "Go inside and get some for yourself, there is still a warm pot." Jack's tone wasn't particularly aggressive, but held the warning that his coffee wasn't going to be a part of whatever weird thing Farris and Bright were doing with taking his food. He held his mug just a bit stronger and savored the last few sips while keeping an eye on the two other hunters. What was with these these two just thinking they could take his stuff.

Finally, he just turned on his heel and went back inside since his food was done, he left the door open so that he could keep talking since most of the other Hunters should be up soon anyway and the door wasn't that far from the kitchen. "I put all this work into making food and coffee for everyone and you both just become thieves." Jack spoke with a dry humor, it was pretty obvious that he'd put about no effort into quickly throwing together breakfast. Not that he cared about the meal so long as it was edible and decent tasting, but apparently his subordinates just liked the food more when it was from his plate.

He washed his dishes and rinsed his much before he spoke again, his tone dropped to something more serious, "We do have to be getting to that funeral today to see if we can find any signs of the rest of their pack." He remembered how they had run into the creatures by chance, with any luck it would lead them to the rest.
Ashton_99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfiresAddiction » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:13 am

Bright Malinon ♆
Second in Command| Location - Hunter's House | Mentions: Jack and Farris

Bright sneered at Farris. As if he had anything to trade this early in the morning. "My face is all you deserve to see." he grunted. For Bright, this was a long sentence. The male didn't speak much, as he was raised to do so. Talking too much would get him beaten. The only time he freely allowed himself to speak and to truly converse was when it had something to do with hunting. He raised a questioning eyebrow at Farris' sudden exclamation, raising his hand to pin the flying book against his chest. He took a moment to open the journal, looking the information over with a critical eye. Apparently satisfied, his face relaxed, and he nodded to himself. "Good." He said and tucked it in his waistband.

He made a face and mirrored Jack's expression, his slightly more aggressive than the leader. "Stingy." He grumbled, scratching his head. He turned around and followed Jack into the kitchen, his taste for coffee now abandoned. Food always tasted the best when it wasn't yours. Instead, he settled for the juice that was left by the kind old woman who was renting out the house to them. He rummaged through the cabinet before finding what he was searching for. He slammed a jar of peanut butter on the counter, wincing at the loud sound. He wasn't used to the glass jars yet. Within minutes, two warm, slightly toasted pieces of bread were on a plate, covered in melty peanut butter, drizzled honey, and thin, but plentiful banana slices. Bright was no cook, but he could make the necessities.

Bright had opened his mouth to take a bite, but stilled at his leader's words, his mouth closing shut. His expression hardened a sudden hungry gleam in his eyes. "I'm sure we will." He grunted, before taking a nibble of his slice of bread. He left the other open on the plate in case anyone else wanted it. If not, he'd help himself to it. Bright was often dieting to maintain an optimal weight for the fast life of being a hunter, but sometimes, he liked to treat himself. "Dress nicely." He reminded the leader and Farris, who he was sure could hear them.
Last edited by InfiresAddiction on Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
InfiresAddiction

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stargazer3000 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:26 pm

Farris Sannhildr | tagged: Jack | location: hunter's house, bookstore

Farris rolled her eyes at Bright's tart reply, a fond smile playing at the edge of her lips. He had a flare for drama, that was for sure, but it never really got to her, instead becoming just another interesting quirk of the family. As the two leaders of the little group made their way inside Farris sat for a moment more on the porch, shutting her eyes and tilting her head back to soak up the sunlight that now bathed the quiet town. A few blocks down she head a car starting up, and nearby a pair or neighbors chatted on idly about this and that, and for a instant Farris felt something akin to guilt; this fragile peace would be marred by funeral after funeral if her family did their job right. But better the funeral of a wolf than that of an innocent she consoled herself silently, allowing one more moment of quiet before she pushed herself to her feet and followed the men into the house.

Once inside Farris couldn't help but snicker at the sight of the two of them bustling about the kitchen, not leaving much space for anyone, or anything, else. Before she could make a quip about the scene, Jack reminded them of the funeral and in response to Bright she chuckled quietly, muttering "So I guess I won't wear my garbage bag dress after all." As she moved past them, she made a point to catch Jack's eye and nod with a small but confident smile playing across her lips, "We'll get 'em boss."

Toeing off her slightly muddy shoes at the foot of the stairs Farris bounded upwards, determined to get the first hot shower of the day. She quickly dipped into the room she was occupying and scooped up the fresh clothes she had laid out that morning, and after skidding dangerously around a few corners, she made it triumphantly into the bathroom making sure to firmly lock the door behind her. One hot, long, and rather off-key but still enthusiastically musical shower later Farris reemerged in the appropriate head-to-toe black, pulling her hair into its customary braided buns as she made her way back downstairs. While moving her muddy boots towards the porch to dry, she scooped up her bag and shouted over her shoulder, "I'll meet you all at the funeral. I'm going to swing by the bookstore to pick up a fresh journal!"

As she walked down the road Farris whistled a tune softly to herself, and thanks to the small size of the town before too long Farris found herself entering the cozy little bookstore greeted by the sight of a woman behind the counter. "Hey there," Farris called through her customary smile, her Irish accent cutting through the quiet air of the shop like a knife. "I'm looking for an empty journal, do you know if I could get my hands on one of those here?"
Stargazer3000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ashton_99 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:02 pm

||Jack U. Kaʻaukai||
○ Leader Of The Hunters ○ ♂ ○ 34 ○ Location: Hunters' House ○ Tags: Farris + Bright ○

Jack made a vague grumble in response to Bright's reminder, a form of acknowledgment that the less than talkative man was prone to use. He let the silence settle and finished cleaning up after himself. There wasn't much room in a place like this for a mess. This place was way more fitting discreet for the job they had to do but for some reason discreet always meant tiny.

At Farris's reassurance he made another wordless noise of acknowledgement, something akin to appreciation hidden deep in his eyes. He pat her heavily on the shoulder when she passed him and went down the hall. In the interim period she was gone, Jack went and collected his journal. This particular one was the oldest notebook he had, it was leather bound with frayed pages worn from use. Stray notes and newspaper clippings were pinned and stashed between copious amounts of information and sketches written in tiny scrawled ink. Unlike most of the other journals the hunters tended to keep this one wasn't hunt information specific. It contained well- pretty much everything Jack himself knew about the wolves. He leafed through it, reading every noted sign he'd ever found about them even if he already knew the information by heart.

Jack tossed the book back into his unpacked duffel bag and grabbed clothes the change into. He'd already showered so he just closed the door in the bedroom he had claimed for himself in the small house(being the leader had it's perks), and changed into black slacks, a dark dress shirt, and a tie before tying up his hair into something vaguely neat. He settled back in the main living space with a book in hand that he was not at all paying attention to. Instead he store out the window and was struck with the odd thought that this is the first house he's lived in in years. Jack frowned and forced his eyes to the lines of print, thinking like that did nothing for him.
Ashton_99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me