〔yesterday〕↠ closed

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Re: 〔yesterday〕↠ closed

Postby Stargazer3000 » Thu May 28, 2020 12:29 pm

╔════════════════════☾☼☽════════════════════╗
Farris Sannhildr | tagged: | location: the hunt
╚════════════════════☾☼☽════════════════════╝

Farris arched her eyebrow at the arrival of Harlow and Bright, her gaze never breaking from scanning the crowd. "I'm not sure really when we're heading out, but we'll be in groups - I think everyone has been assigned to an officer of the law," she murmured, keeping her voice down and doing her best to just blend in with the locals while pulling her baseball cap low over her eyes. "And, from the looks of it we'll have company," a quick jerk of her head in the direction of the folks that she recognized from the funeral, "so we should probably do our best not to get grouped in with them," Farris finished, her hands fiddling with straps on her bag.

As Farris waited for the next set of directions from the cops, or any kind of directions really, she returned her gaze to the blonde man, narrowing her eyes as she scrutinized him and the woman that he was speaking with. It was her least favorite part of working in small towns; most of the locals had connections with each other so weeding out the pack took considerable effort and observation, though luckily, Farris was a patient woman.
Stargazer3000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ashton_99 » Fri May 29, 2020 5:47 pm

<<Dakota M. Calhoun>>
○ Pack Member ○ ♀ ○ 26 ○ Pan ○ Location: The Hunt ○ Tags: All At Hunt ○ Crane

Clapping her hands together, Dakota stood as tall as she could and put on her more authoritative voice. "Okay everyone you should all be signed in by now. Let's see," She took a list that another deputy handed to her and started listing off, "With me is Johann, uh, Candy, Lucas, Harlow, and Vincent. C'mon y'all, let's get this show on the road." She motioned her group off to the side, just a bit miffed that she didn't get Lyall in the group with her and Johann. "Crane?"

At his cue, Crane read off of his own list, "Okay would Jack, Lyall, Farris, Adrian, and Bright gear up and come with me?" He started leading their group over to his assigned section of the forest, in the far distance he could see Dakota leading her group of hunters over to where she'd been assigned to search. Watching her crunch through the underbrush brought a familiar fondness, he was glad that she was nearby. "Alrighty everyone, spreed out over this area but make sure you can always see me. We don't want to have to host a search party on top of all of this." Despite the situation Crane wore a friendly grin, he enjoyed working with people.

In the distance Dakota and her assigned party were arriving at their area, "Okay, keep it clean guys. Remember basic safety and don't shoot at every shaking leaf you see." Crane was a bit better at the whole public relations thing, but Dakota had her own charm. "Spreed out over the area and call me if you find anything weird." She watched her civilians, eyes darting over them as they spreed out through the area, she didn't recognize one of them. The 'Harlow' guy. Of course it was her luck that she got stuck with a stranger in her group, just more stress in an already more horrible situation.
Ashton_99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

𝙃𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙤𝙬 - no. 6

Postby Wallflower11 » Sat May 30, 2020 5:04 am

𝙃𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙤𝙬 𝙎𝙢𝙞𝙩𝙝
| Location - The Hunt/Forest | tagged/interacting - Hunters, Dakota, Johann |

Harlow looked where Bright had aimed his gaze, the man he had pointed out as the alpha of the wolf pack definitely fit the typical idea of an alpha. Harlow was quick to note the details of his appearance, the alpha stood about six feet tall (only a maybe half an inch taller than Harlow himself) and was rather muscular, he seemed very comfortable and confident with the outdoors but there was tension hidden underneath. If Harlow thought it wouldn't have given Jack and everyone else a heart-attack he probably would've walked right over to the alpha wolf and struck up a conversation, but he knew better. He wasn't working alone and he wasn't in charge so he had to respect the way Jack would run the hunt instead of just doing what he typically did. Though he did make a mental note to at some point if this didn't get too deep too fast to hunt, well not hunt, find the alpha, and talk to him. The research he had done after he had found out that Roxanne, his friend, and a scout for his old hunter's guild, had been bitten made him curious about wolf packs and their working and dynamics and he was rather interested in getting to know a real alpha and finding out more about them.

He nodded at Farris' murmurings, it made sense to him. It's how he would do it if he was setting up something like this. Though he wasn't overly concerned at where he would end up, yeah he was new and that made him somewhat suspicious but Harlow, like Bite, was good at making friends.

One of the deputies the Alpha had been chatting with stood up, she was a good-looking brunette with a slight Texan accent and a cowboy hat. She clapped her hands to get everyone's attention and started reading off her group. Harlow listen carefully to the names, Johann, Candy, Lucas, himself, and Vincent. He straightened at his name, adjusting his jacket. "Guess I'm with them, have fun storming the castle," he said with a lowered voice to his fellow hunters. Before putting a cocky yet honest grin on his face, it was time to meet some new people. He always loved that part of hunting, all the curious characters you met along the way.

Harlow followed the Deputy, who he still didn't know the name of, to the area they were to search. He noted that one of the others in his group happened to be the man that Bright had pointed out as the Alpha wolf. The alpha seemed to be following the deputy rather closely, they were probably friends, or at least somewhat friendly but then again this was a small town and being friendly and close with everyone probably was how if these werewolves were violent they kept from being chased out of town by an angry mob. He slightly chuckled at the visual, shaking his head, it would probably be what would happen if the general populace knew about monsters.

Once the group arrived, the deputy who by now Harlow had been able to gather was named, possibly Dakota, and definitely Calhoun, gave out orders reminding them of basic safety and the like, Harlow chuckled to himself at the way she warned the group, she knew what she was doing. That was something Harlow respected, all too often he had come across incompetent law enforcement while hunting, though sometimes that was because it was easier to believe that someone was crazy/lying than to deal with ghosts, cryptids, and other creatures of the like.

Harlow kept an eye on the alpha while he weaved through the underbrush, his brain hard at work finding a good way to approach the man without being seen as a threat, the alpha knew there were hunters, and Harlow was a new face if he introduced himself wrong the man's guard would immediately go up and there was no way Harlow would get any information out of him. Especially since the man didn't know one of the reasons Harlow wanted info was to see if the alpha's pack were the killers' Jack thought they were. A sly smile crossed Harlow's face, he knew exactly how to play this.

Moving a bit closer to the Alpha, Harlow found a nice root sticking up from the ground. He proceeded to stumble over it losing his balance, making sure to tuck himself into a ball to avoid injuring himself, the last thing he needed was a sprained ankle or broken wrist. He let out a string of curses as he went tumbling down the incline till he landed at the alpha's feet. "ow..." Harlow groaned, lying flat on his back.
Last edited by Wallflower11 on Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wallflower11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

𝙴𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚢𝚒𝚊 - 37

Postby kanni » Sat May 30, 2020 7:16 am

𝙴𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚢𝚒𝚊|𝙻𝚘𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗; 𝙲𝚊𝚏𝚎 |𝚃𝚊𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚍; 𝚃𝚎𝚖𝚊, 𝙻𝚎𝚘
Elowyia couldn't help the genuine smile that tugged it's way on to her face at the offer of clean socks and a free meal. Today was surely going to be a much better day if she got such fortune this early in the morning. If, that is, it was still early. Elowyia hadn't bothered to really check the time on her way over, as she had no need to go to work. It was a Friday, and Elowyia didn't work today, tomorrow, or Sunday. Really she only needed to go in twice a week for the customers that always came in those days - like clockwork, it was - but she enjoyed getting paid for just reading. Cheeks flushing just slightly at the kindness both Tema and Leo had extended to her, the blonde nodded vigorously.
xxxx
"Oh, if it's not too much to ask, Leo, thank you. You really don't have to Tema, if you don't want to. I'd hate to be a bother, but thank you so much." Elowyia murmured, fingers fiddling with her keys as she all but tripped, stumbled and stuttered over her words. She was acting like an utter buffoon, but she couldn't quite help it. She didn't really have proper friends in town, though she was acquainted with most of them. This sort of kindness was the kind she had thought was reserved for people that were more than acquaintances, and it warmed the introverted blonde's heart to think that maybe these people were true friends for her. Of course, she shouldn't just jump to conclusions. Elowyia would give it time to see if her fantasy was really a reality. And by give it time, she of course meant letting Tema get her some fresh-baked pastries. The blonde's stomach rumbled it's agreement.
xxxx
"If...if possible, do you think I could just have some chocolate chip muffins? If that's not too expensive, anyway." Elowyia pointed with her free hand to the tray containing said muffins within the display. They looked absolutely mouthwatering, truly.
Last edited by kanni on Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
[ kanni|she/they|kabescreams on the cord|wife ]
kanni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

𝕏𝕒𝕧𝕚𝕒𝕣 - 11

Postby kanni » Sat May 30, 2020 8:24 am

𝕏𝕒𝕧𝕚𝕒𝕣 𝕃𝕒𝕨𝕤𝕠𝕟|𝕃𝕠𝕔𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟; ℂ𝕒𝕓𝕚𝕟|𝕋𝕒𝕘𝕘𝕖𝕕; 𝔹𝕣𝕦𝕟𝕠
Xaviar pushed the door open after Bruno's voice called out in affirmation, making sure to close it behind him for privacy's sake. Xav's own door was almost never, ever closed - he liked being able to see what was going on in the hall or the living space - but he knew that not everyone else enjoyed their safe spaces exposed like that. Xaviar just didn't have it in him to care if someone saw how messy his room was. If they didn't like it, they could clean it, because there was no way the ginger would be doing that any time soon. Unless Sasha decided to force him to of course. That woman could be scary when she wanted, and she knew how to keep him at heel. Glimpsing the stretched out form on the bed, Xaviar stepped over to plop himself next to Bruno. The male looked better than he had when he had first seen him a little while earlier, but the ginger could tell he wasn't back to one hundred percent quite yet.
xx
"So, um, I know it's kinda rude to just spring this on you since you just got back and stuff, but Johanna and Dakota are already busy so it's up to your fav gingy to be the bearer of bad news." Xav let himself fall onto his back, mirroring Bruno's position like he had earlier. This bed was rather comfy, and the red-head wondered if he should look into getting his own replaced with whatever it was Bruno had. There was nothing wrong with Xaviar's own, but it was a little stiffer than he would personally like - hence the blanket nest he used as padding and as covering. But he was getting off topic here.
xx
"There was an animal attack out in the woods, someone died. I dunno what it was but the po-po are blaming it on wolves. Johann wants to check it out, but I'm probably gonna stay behind with Sasha. She doesn't want to go and I don't want her to be alone. I don't know what your course of action'll be but I support you dudes." Xav reached out a hand to awkwardly pat Bruno's shoulder. He wasn't really sure how some random person's death would effect the dark-haired man, but personally Xaviar was pissed off that the blame was getting put on wolves, and if it had to do with wolves that typically meant them. None of them had done it, and the red-head was worried that there were other wers out there doing things they shouldn't be.
Last edited by kanni on Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[ kanni|she/they|kabescreams on the cord|wife ]
kanni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stargazer3000 » Sat May 30, 2020 1:09 pm

Johann Vidar | tagged: Kota, Crane, Harlow| location: hunt

As Kota listed off the people in their hunting group Johann found himself instinctually scanning the crowd and picking out the faces of the people as she called on them, wincing only slightly when Kota mentioned one of his ex's from high school; Candy. Things between them had ended...poorly, and so when he caught her eye by accident, getting a middle finger flicked in his direction, the six-foot alpha immediately ducked his head, groaning softly and gently elbowing Kota in the ribs. As Johan eventually turned his attention back to the crowd, however, his eyes caught on a familiar face towering above the rest of the locals - the man from the funeral.

Immediately Johann had to resist the urge to growl and stomp up to the stranger - because it worked out so well the last time - instead forcing himself to yank his attention away and inhale deeply to sooth his agitation. If anything, the hunter's presence might work in the pack's favor; diverting the intruders away from the local wolves and sending them on this goose chase bought his family time - if nothing else. Now, all Johann had to do was play along and not give them any more reason to suspect him and his friends, so forcing himself to remain calm he turned and followed Kota deeper into the woods, keeping his eyes glued on her the entire time until the group came to a halt.

As Kota gave a couple more directions, Johann flicked his gaze once more to the people in his group, only now realizing that there was another stranger in their midst. Purposefully not staring at the man, just play along and stay quiet, Johann caught Kota's eyes and shoot her a minuscule smile of reassurance before turning to walk on his own through the underbrush. For a couple of moments he was able to just move through nature and scan for any signs of whatever it was that had attacked the local, studiously not seeking out his unfortunate blast-from-the-past or the stranger. Unfortunately, Johann was only able to avoid one of them as his path was suddenly blocked by the fallen form of the unknown man, apparently unfamiliar with the proper way to navigate the forest.

Every one of Johann's instincts screamed for him to not trust this man, but the alpha was never one to leave someone on the ground, so, forcing a smile onto his face, he leaned over and offered the strange man his hand. "Hey there stranger, you okay? Need a hand?"
Stargazer3000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stargazer3000 » Sat May 30, 2020 5:32 pm

Farris Sannhildr | tagged: Crane, Bright, | location: hunt

Upon hearing her name get called out by one of the deputies she assumed was organizing the hunt, Farris moved towards him, all the while making the effort to keep her head down and be as unassuming as possible. A small smile danced across her lips when she heard that most of her fellow hunters were in a group with her, thankful that at the very least they would have each other's backs if things got sticky. And in another stroke of luck, the blonde man from yesterday was placed in a different group so she wouldn't have to worry about that particular rabid animal latching onto her boss - though they didn't know for sure just how many were lurking in the woods, so it was still a possibility.

Arriving next to the cop, Farris took a moment to memorize the name on his badge -Crane- before dutifully following him into the woods and nodding enthusiastically at his instructions. As nice as it was to know that the town was so involved in keeping their own safe, his presence would make the hunter's job a bit trickier if they ran into a werewolf, and Farris idly contemplated ways to explain away any encounters as she cast a glance around at the rest of the group. With the exception of Crane, there were only two others that she didn't recognize, and only one face she'd never seen before. Mentally running through the events and attendees at the funeral, Farris scrutinized the red-head, growing more certain with each passing second that he was new to town- or at least new since the hunters had arrived- though before her scrutiny turned into outright staring, she turned her attention back to Crane.

Upon hearing the deputy's instructions to spread out, Farris gently bumped shoulders with Bright, jerking her head subtly in the direction that she was going. She would've done the same with Jack under most circumstances -communication was key to maintaining their safety in the field- but as far as the public was concerned they didn't know each other, whereas she and Bright had been seen together frequently (and in less than opportune situations). Confident that at least one person knew where she was headed, Farris set out into the underbrush, happy to get moving in the woods for the first time that day. As soon as she was out of eyesight of the cop and locals, she pulled out her camera, in the event that any evidence needed documentation.
Stargazer3000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

『 Tema 』- no. 36

Postby Wallflower11 » Sun May 31, 2020 8:44 am

『 Tema Snow 』
| Location - Cafe | tagged/interacting - Leo, Elowyia |

Warmth spread through Tema as she watched the blonde woman face a truly brilliant (and contagious) smile arching across it. She always loved making people happy, it was something that never failed to make her day. It seemed to help melt away the unease of the previous events that had happened in Cranberry, at least for the moment.

"Oh, it's absolutely fine! not a bother at all," Tema responded to Elowyia, she was so proud of herself. In the course of three days, she had managed to make at least three kind-of friends or at least talk to three people more than she usually would. As much as she was an introverted person who tended to dislike too many social activities, the dark-haired girl loved connecting with people. And as of late, even if she didn't notice or wouldn't admit it, she was missing those connections in her life. Leo and Elowyia were the types of people Tema would watch from afar and want to be friends with but always get to nervous and never really connect with. But now she was taking that chance and it felt great.

She watched the blonde's eyes scan the pastry display, settling on the chocolate chip muffins. Elowyia pointed to the pastry her eyes had fallen on and asked if Tema could buy her one, she sounded as if she was expecting Tema to say no. "Of course," she smiled, turning to Leo and nodding. While proceeding to get some cash from her wallet and set it on the counter. Tema didn't mind the fact that her breakfast was starting to get a little cold, she tended to not really be a fan of very hot food or drinks anyways. "If it's not too much to ask would you mind eating with me?" Tema asked her bravery was starting to fade but she wasn't going to let that stop her at the moment.
Last edited by Wallflower11 on Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wallflower11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfiresAddiction » Sun May 31, 2020 10:42 am

Bright Malinon ♆
Second in Command| Location ➵ Town | Mentions ➵ Hunters and Lyall (Crane)
▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬

Bright gave no reaction as the names were called out, his face set in its familiar blank facade, but on the inside, he was glad to have some of his fellow hunters with him. By hunters, he mostly meant Farris. Jack didn't seem so happy with Bright at the moment, and Bright didn't blame the beast-like hunter for it. Though he never apologized, Bright knew when he messed up. He felt a bit bad for Harlow for being by himself with more than one wolf. The new guy had just arrived this morning and was already being thrown into the chase with little idea of who his enemies were. Bright could only wonder whether Harlow had figured out that the women in the cowboy hat was a wolf as well. It wasn't hard to tell who the wolves were, they were huddled together in a noticeable clump, even though there were other people practically pushing at them from all sides.

He watched as Farris walked towards the deputy, not reacting to her departure. Now that they were among the wolves, it was best to be associated with each other as little as possible. Surely people knew they were together as they were often seen that way around town, but they hadn't been out at the same times as the wolves. The wolves had never seen them before besides perhaps today. Thinking of this, he shifted away from Jack. He took a moment to glance at the other groups, feeling a little relieved, but also disappointed that the alpha was in the other group. Bright wanted to be in the same group as the alpha in order to keep an eye on him, but he didn't think it was a good idea for Jack and the alpha to be in the same hunting party; not after what happened the other day at the funeral. Once Farris was by the deputy's side, Bright gave the smallest grunt, a signal to Jack that he, too, was heading over. He strolled over to the group, forcing his face to appear relaxed-more neutral. He was definitely going to stand out if he walked up looking like a painted statue. He moved to the other side of the deputy, standing by the other side of a bright haired man. Bright spent a few seconds looking around like a curious spectator would before looking at the carrot top and giving him a small, well-practiced smile that only the hunters knew was insincere. He recognized the Adrian guy from yesterday, but this Lyall man was unfamiliar, Bright was certain he had never laid eyes upon him. The only way he knew which one was Adrian is because he heard someone call said man's name. Bright, however didn't focus on this man too long. He'd leave this to Farris, if anything, as she was the one to notice the most things out of the hunters.

As soon as the deputy gave the order to spread out, Bright dropped to the back, making sure no eyes were on him. None from the outside, at least. At the bump on the shoulder from Farris, he grabbed one of her fingers to get her attention and looked around once more before swiftly passing a bottle into her hands, immediately stepping away once the transaction was completed. It was the very bottle he had shown them yesterday morning, filled with the powerful scent disguiser that he had made. Bright had sprayed himself off as soon as he had woken up, but he wasn't sure about Farris. Since the wolves only knew them by scent, it was important to use it. As she moved away, Bright started in his own direction, nearly parallel to Farris, barely brushing against Jack as he walked by. He figured Farris would be documenting things. Most hunters had their specialties, and she was excellent at scouting and picking up the slightest details. Bright himself was best at tracking and chasing. Killing and fighting was something all hunters needed to know. Jack was more of an everything man. At least the leader could infiltrate a place without causing trouble like Bright and Farris were. Once far enough from the group, he started searching the area, a hand rested on his hip in case he needed to pull out a knife on short notice.
InfiresAddiction

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

𝙃𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙤𝙬 - no. 7

Postby Wallflower11 » Sun May 31, 2020 11:15 am

𝙃𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙤𝙬 𝙎𝙢𝙞𝙩𝙝
| Location - The Hunt/Forest | tagged/interacting - Johann (Dakota) |

Harlow was regretting putting so much effort into making the fall look real, his back hurt and he was pretty he was going to have several new bruises by the time he got back to the hunter's HQ. But apparently the stunt worked, in at least the wolf wasn't just leaving him in the dirt. There was still a tension in the air but it was to be expected, this man's pack, people, who if his research years earlier was correct, were like family to the man were being hunted, and being suspicious of Harlow was in all truth completely warranted.

He sat up a little taking the Alpha's hand, "Thank you. There's always that one root that decides it's life's purpose is to trip you up." He replied with a friendly smirk. He grunted ad he pulled himself up using the bigger man as leverage. Harlow let go of the man's hand as soon as he was on his feet and dusted himself off. So much for being clean for once... His eyes swept the area keeping note of where the other participants were.

"Unfourtanly my name isn't stranger, it's Harlow. But you know close enough," He joked. Up close he could see that the alpha's eyes were green, there was something wild in them if you were looking for it, it was very subtle but it was there. It reminded him of Roxanne's eyes when she had shown up at his apartment door covered in mud scared out of her mind that she had hurt someone. That made his stomach tighten a little, he couldn't let his past get in the way if these wolves were killers, so he continued.

"As you can probably tell, I'm not from around here," he gestured at the surrounding area, Harlow decided to preempt these questions and suspicions about why he was in the wolf's territory, "I'm on a cross country road trip with my dog, something I decided I needed to do before I turned 30." It may have not been the full truth but it was close to it, he was always driving cross country with Bite so it was his go-to cover. Harlow was unlike most hunters in the fact that he tended to freely share some details other hunters tended to be cagey about. Though that might've been because "Harlow Smith" was only about seven or so years old and had very little to his 'name'. "I assume you're a local?"
Last edited by Wallflower11 on Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wallflower11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me