The Royal Decree | Open & Accepting | PM Reserves

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

The Royal Decree | Open & Accepting | PM Reserves

Postby Epiclilkitty » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:30 am

"Our story begins 400 years ago, when our two kingdoms came to be," the frail old woman begins, settling in the rocking chair as her grandchildren gather eagerly. The youngest, a beautiful little girl with hair like spun gold and eyes as blue as the winter sky, scooches closer with a toothy grin.

"Are you gonna tell us the story of the lost Princess, Grandmama?" The child asked excitedly. The old woman nods, a small smile gracing her lips. Before she can continue, a small boy with hair as black as night and eyes as green as a jungle canopy piped up.

"We've heard this story a million times! I want to hear about the current royal families," he protested impatiently. His grandmother smiled indulgently.

"But Mon Petit, we would not have our current royal families if not for the events that happened all those centuries ago. You see, every choice made in history led up to the rise of our current kings and queens," she explained. The young boy's eyes stretched wide in awe.

"Really?"

"Yes. Now, why don't you settle in with your sister and I will tell you the story of how our Kingdoms came to be..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A long, long time ago in the time before our kingdoms rose to power, there lived two small villages. To the South, there was Caleth, a small fishing village led by a strong and noble chief by the name of Alban. Chief Alban was a tough man, but he was kind and gentle nonetheless and he loved his wife, Elisabeth, more than anything else. Meanwhile, to the North, there lived a beautiful and picturesque town known as Aléira. Though small, the town of Aléira were renowned for their fashion prowess and were therefore a very wealthy town. The mayor, Andre, was a cold and calculating man who always had to have the best of everything. The best house, the best land, the best wife, and the best child. Chief Alban and Mayor Andre had never gotten along, despite the proximity of their two towns. They were simply too different. Their children were a different story, however. Around the same time, their wives gave birth. Chief Alban was graced with a beautiful daughter. A child who was grace and serenity and beauty personified. They named her Fiona, and she would soon become known as the Princess of Caleth... Despite not being actual royalty. The Mayor, in turn, was given a strong son. Handsome, charming, and intelligent... He was certainly all his father could have hoped for. His father named him Arthur. Little Fiona was raised in a warm, loving home. She was doted upon by her parents and the townsfolk from the time she was a wee babe. Young Arthur, however, was raised in a loveless home where anything less than perfection was considered unacceptable.

As a young boy, Arthur watched his moth slowly wither away until her depression became too powerful. The child was devastated and might have turned out just like his father in his grief... if not for one shining beacon of light. Fiona. The two met from a young age, and despite the adversity between their fathers they became fast friends. Often Fiona or Arthur would steal away from their hones and meet in the woods between their villages where they would spend hours playing games, talking, and swimming in the creek. As they grew older, friendship turned to love and on the eve of her sixteenth birthday, Arthur begged his father to permit him to marry Fiona. His father was horrified at the very notion and refused, but Arthur was not deterred. He instead went to Chief Alban and begged for his blessing... but again he was refused. Chief Alban had already decided on a suitable mate for his daughter. Arthur was devastated, but he wouldn't give up. He loved Fiona, and she loved him. So he begged her to run away with him; to leave their home and find a place where they could be happy and in love together. Fiona agreed.

In the aftermath of their departure, accusations were tossed carelessly and in a fit of rage, Chief Alban killed Mayor Andre, claiming that the people of Alèira had stolen his precious Fiona away from him. The death of the mayor would spark a war that would last through the ages... and that brings us to today. Four hundred years after the battle begun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since then, the little towns of Caleth and Aléira have grown and prospered into beautiful kingdons. The war ravaged the land but thankfully, our beloved Kings' Alexandre and Angus are much wiser than their predessors. It was agreed upon that when the youngest of the royal children reached their 23rd birthdays, the royal children would all be we'd and the Kingdoms would finally be united once again. A treaty was put in place, one that ended the conflict between the two kingdoms temporarily... at least until the heirs were fully grown and ready to make good on the promise made for them upon their birth. It was agreed that should any of the children refuse to marry, the treaty would be forfeit. No pressure there, right?
Last edited by འབྲོག་ཁྱི on Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: removed inappropriate content
Epiclilkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Royal Decree | The Rules

Postby Epiclilkitty » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:32 am

*All CS Rules Apply
    *Semi Literate Rp. Min 300 words per post, more preferred
    *Due to limited spots, one character per person; PM Reserves
    *No Godmodding, Powerplay, or Perfect Characters
    *No ooc on the main thread
    *Please Remove Signatures when posting on either thread
    *I have nothing against other sexualities but for the purpose of this rp, hetero characters only please
    *Forms should go on the Discussion Thread, and I encourage you to join the Discord
    *Last names the mames of the kingdoms
    *This is set in a mix of medieval and modern times; so no cellphones or laptops or GPS or guns, but they have indoor plumbing and light. Everything else is pretty medieval though.
    *No cussing, explicit scenes, or gore
    *Have fun!
Last edited by Epiclilkitty on Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
Epiclilkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Royal Decree | Roles

Postby Epiclilkitty » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:44 am

The first kingdom, Caleth, is based off Scotland. The people here are skilled warriors and have often been seen as savages by their royal counterparts. They are often hot-headed, impatient, and irrational. They are led by King Angus and his wife, Queen Felicity
    Eldest Prince; a seasoned warlord in his early 30s. He is loyal and protective but still very much the hothead and loses his temper easily. He can be a little possessive. Engaged to the Eldest Princess and sanctioned to be King of his father's lands.

Middle Prince; an experienced warrior in his late 20s who has fought alongside his brother for years. He is an ambitious young man, and some might even say cruel or sadistic. He is well-known for his skill at torturing prisoners of war but perhaps a certain young Princess might be enough to gentle his wild heart. He is engaged to the middle Princess.

Youngest Prince; a surprisingly goofy and easy-going young man, he is content with the hand life dealt and has no desire to try and compete for the throne. He is definitely the most even tempered of the siblings and is often the one stepping in to settle disputes. He is loyal, dedicated, and protective.

Princess; the only daughter of the King and Queen of Caleth, she is your typical wild child. She is bold, fierce, and values her freedom and is none too happy about having to marry some stuffy prince. She has a short fuse and a fiery temper and can fight just as well as any of her brothers. She is in her early twenties

The second kingdom, Aléira is based off of France. The people there are calm and collected. They are excellent strategists and believe themselves to be far more civilized than their royal counterparts. They are ruled by King Alexandre. The Queen passed away prior to the story
    Prince; a handsome young man in his mid twenties, the prince is engaged to the youngest Princess and is sanctioned to rule his family's kingdom. He is a very serious, hard-working lad who takes his role seriously.

Eldest Princess; Known as the 'Jewel' of her kingdom, the Eldest Princess is grace personified. She excels in nearly everything she attempts and is the picture of a perfect, demure princess... but she does have a surprising stubborn streak to her and is that a temper I see hidden beneath her perfect facade? She is engaged to the Eldest Prince and is in her early thirties.

Middle Princess; a young Maiden in her late twenties well-known for her superior intellect and incomprehensible beauty. She is a total bookworm and often finds herself ensconced within the walls of the palace Library, surrounded by books. Although not a station befitting a Princess, she secretly dreams of living a simple life as a teacher. She is engaged to the Middle Prince.

Youngest Princess; she is beauty personified,
    although she would never believe you if you told her that. She is a shy, sweet girl with a love for art, poetry, and animals. She's an anxious little thing who only desires to do what is best for the kingdom. She is in her early 20s
Epiclilkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Royal Decree | Characters

Postby Epiclilkitty » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:48 am

The Kingdom of Caleth
    Eldest Prince: Open