california fog [closed]

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

join?

yes
50%
no
8%
idfk
42%

Total votes : 12

Re: california fog [closed]

Postby onion » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:36 pm

rosie park / 19 / rebel
tags: liz

rosie, at first, just nodded to acknowledge what the girl had said. once she processed it all, she looked up and over, seeing the crowd of people by the lockers.
"i really dont know whats going on..." rosies voice trailed off. it was unlike her to feel so lost and confused, so she stood straight and turned her attention back to elizabeth. "did you hear the sirens?" she asked simply. rosie twirled around and landed with her back on the wall and her arms folded, popping her gum loudly as her shoulders slumped again.
onion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kieranwilcox » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:51 pm

━━━━━ [ ✵ ] ━━━━━━━ C I C I ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    cici laughed again, which is making her feel better. abbie is making the blonde less worried and cici would not know what she would do without her. obviously both of them would rather be anywhere else than this crazy explosion. the brunette wiped cici’s face with her shirt. vivi was glad she did, since the girl almost forgot that she didn’t wear waterproof mascara. the girl was literally just crying and she knew she was a mess. being the good friend she is, abby helped cici with the mess on her face. “thanks abbie...really.” ciarra giggled as told her friend genuinely. ciarra was soooo grateful to have abby as a friend.

ciarra was a bit relived by the fact that abby heard people were going to evacuate them. it shouldn’t be that long right? public schools should be the governments top priority. “i hope so... i don’t know how long i could stay in here...” cici admitted. the girl still hasn’t heard from her father, which worried her. the girl shook it off because she knew if she thought about it too much, she would begin crying again. ciarra did not want to break down in front of everyone again. that was just not a good look for her.

ciarra’s head turned when she heard bambi, a friend of hers, ask for a radio. bambi is definitely smart, if signals were down the next option would be to use old school radios. ciarra definitely respects bambi for her quick thinking. suddenly, cici saw abbie jump up to her feet. “yeah, we should probably help out.” ciarra answered, she wanted to help out the others instead of just sitting on floor.
kieranwilcox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ lizzie ] [ 004 ] [ wc: 321 ]

Postby winterfell. » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:31 pm

⋆ -- ( ELIZABETH ) ───────────────────────────────
        [ location : hallway ] [ age : sixteen ] [ role : the shy ] [ tagged : rosie ]

- - - - -The crowd wasn't dispersing. Elizabeth supposed that was too be expected. Everyone was scared. When people were scared, they tended to flock together. People found comfort in not being alone, she knew this. She wished she fit in better. She'd like to feel included sometimes. For now, it was just Rosie, which was all she really needed, she supposed. The girl was always nice to her, always looking out for her. And Elizabeth didn't really like talking to a whole bunch of people at once anyway. This was ideal, she thought. Based on the predicament they were all in. She watched as the girl nodded, taking in everything that was going on. Or trying to, at least. No one was entirely sure what was happening.

- - - - -She nodded when Rosie asked about the sirens. "I heard a lot of stuff," she said quietly. "After the earthquake, everything got really loud and crazy. Then the explosions happened," she said. She didn't know what else to say. She knew what she had heard, but she hadn't worked up the nerve to really take a look for herself. Besides, she wasn't entirely sure it would matter. She was so anxious, she probably wouldn't be able to put anything together or figure anything out. She was, essentially, useless for the time being. "I haven't looked out any windows, so I don't really know what's happening either," she admitted.

- - - - -She glanced back out at the crowd for a brief moment. "Bambi said that the chemical plant exploded," she said. "I haven't seen for myself, but it would make sense. You know, the sirens and the explosions and all. They want us to stay inside and seal everything from the outside," she added. "You didn't happen to see anything before you found me, did you?" she finally asked. She was talking a lot more than usual, she noticed. She'd have to cut back before she got too annoying.
winterfell.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby onion » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:26 am

rosie park / 19 / rebel

rosie nodded a little and occasionally, trying to acknowledge what liz said while she inspected the crowd. there were a lot of student she didnt know, and some she did from detention. but where were they going? obviously the best place for everyone to meet would be the auditorium. if someone could just get to the office and make an announcement over the loudspeakers they would be good. then bambi and her little cult could take over.
speaking of bambi, rosie rolled her eyes when liz mentioned her. "i dont really care what bambi said, i only trust what i saw and felt. and that would be a big giant mushroom cloud in the direction of that power plant," she explained, pointing to the end of the hall where the doors were.
"you know," rosie started, crouching down next to liz. "bambi? shes full of-" she was cut off by a random student running into her who was flying towards them at what seemed like 90 mph. he mumbled a quick 'sorry' and turned, grouping up with the crowd.
"watch where youre going!" rosie yelled, obviously annoyed. "dumb bastard..." she looked down and sighed. this was all just... stressful. she wanted to go home, didnt know where her family was- especially her little brother in the highschool from the next city over. would they be okay?
onion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coyotebluff » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:29 pm

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

♕「 namebambi argueta
    ♕「 age 」seventeen years
    ♕「 gender 」female
    ♕「 sexuality 」bisexual
    ♕「 role 」the leader
    ♕「 tags 」noeli, eli, e'eryone

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
    i think about anybody i might know in the av club, but can't think of any off the top of my head. "no, i don't think so. the room is probably unlocked, though," i suggest, tucking my hair behind my ear.
    i think of other places a communication device may be. i don't think this would be out on social media quite yet, given the circumstances so the phone was a no-go. the teachers lounge has televisions but i wasn't certain if they were hooked up or not. i guess it wouldn't hurt to try.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

♕「 namefabian witman
    ♕「 age 」eighteen
    ♕「 gender 」male
    ♕「 sexuality 」heterosexual
    ♕「 role 」the boyscout
    ♕「 tags 」everyone

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
    my smile is forced into a grin as i watch max unable to keep himself together despite the situation we're in. just being around him made everything better. i burst out laughing and almost hit him with my five and half foot long stick. "Bro, this is wild," I say.

[[guys. this post sucks, bare with me. i have stupid bad writers block and my mental health has been kicking my ass recently so fingers crosses]]
coyotebluff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ eli & lizzie ] [ 005 ] [ wc: 265 & 349 ]

Postby winterfell. » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:21 pm

⁎ -- ( ELLIOT ) ───────────────────────────────
        [ location : hallway ] [ age : seventeen ] [ role : the scholar ] [ tagged : bambi ]

- - - - -Eli knew that he was very much a nerd. Not like a computer geek or someone who plays Dungeons and Dragons. But anyone who was smart and aware of their intelligence was often branded with the term. 'Nerd'. The word could conjure up a lot of thoughts and stereotypes. AV Club happened to be one of those specific stereotypes. However, Eli himself wasn't a member. He'd never really had an interest in joining either. He might have known people in it, but he wasn't the type to form bonds with people to find out what extra circulars they might have been involved in. It kinda surprised him when Bambi said that she didn't know anyone though. Wasn't she supposed to know everyone? Wasn't that her whole thing and why she was trying to take charge?

- - - - -He bit back a comment about her not knowing stuff. He didn't need to pick a fight right now. Besides, it's not her responsibility to know every single student in this school. It wasn't anyone's responsibility, actually. And she wasn't arguing with him, so maybe he should stop being so quick to snap at people. "If it's not, I'm sure someone can break the door down. I mean, not me, but someone," he suggested. "Are you gonna gather a task force or..." his voice trailed off. He didn't want to imply that she be delegating everything anyway. There were a lot of students who could do a lot of things. Perhaps it would be better to focus on what is necessary for the time being and then divide and conquer.

⋆ -- ( ELIZABETH ) ───────────────────────────────
        [ location : hallway ] [ age : sixteen ] [ role : the shy ] [ tagged : rosie ]

- - - - -Elizabeth wondered, for a brief moment, why they weren't establishing some meeting to calm everyone down, or at least get all the students together for a bit. It seemed like everyone was wandering, panicking, and no one was doing anything to help. What could they do? She wasn't sure, honestly. She just wished someone would do something. But she couldn't really complain unless she had an idea of her own, she supposed. And she certainly wasn't willing to yell to get everyone's attention. She wished there were still adults at the school. They made her feel just a little safer than being stuck with all these teenagers. Not that they were bad people. Just intimidating.

- - - - -She blinked when he noticed how Rosie rolled her eyes at the mention of Bambi. She'd forgotten that she wasn't a fan of the girl. She didn't quite understand why, but it wasn't her place to say anything. Maybe something had happened between the two that she didn't know about. Maybe Rosie just didn't like someone challenging her? That was probably why the rebellious young woman was nice to Elizabeth. Lizzie never challenged anyone. She was almost ashamed of it, but she'd rather live her life in silence than in conflict. "I understand. I haven't quite had to nerve to look out the windows for myself, but if you want, we can look?" she offered softly. "Oh, I'm sorry for mentioning her. I forgot that you two don't get along -," she said quietly just before a student randomly collided with Rosie.

- - - - -She cringed when Rosie snapped at the student, visibly shrinking down at the sound. It was so loud already and Rosie was obviously getting irritated -- which was totally fair -- but it all just scared her. It was too much. There was just too much going on. She hadn't started crying yet and she was determined not to, but it was becoming increasingly difficult. She knew that Rosie wasn't directing her aggression at her and she knew the girl wouldn't snap at her like that -- probably. She wasn't blaming her. She was just... afraid.

[[ i hope you feel better, gen pop. i know how tough mental health issues can be xc
winterfell.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

iii.

Postby འབྲོག་ཁྱི » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:11 am

┌─────────────────────┐
    ⤜──────→ 𝐀𝐛𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐥 ❞𝐀𝐛𝐛𝐢𝐞❞ 𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐫
    the athlete female she/her tagging Cici, Bambi, Elliot hallway form wc; 299

└─────────────────────┘

As Ciarra agreed to go along with her to search for the radio, Abigail helped the girl up from the floor. "As much as I am down for an unplanned adventure in a teacher-free school, we should probably check in with Bambi," she spoke while gathering her belongings. "We totally have to check out the teachers' lounge later though, there's gotta be something embarrassing in there," the girl grinned, walking past the tall rows of lockers and towards the crowd at the front door. The teachers' lounge was something that very few students got to see, and it had to be for a reason. She didn't expect to discover some obscure altar to the mystic forces of education, but anything - like embarrassing staff photos - would do.

The journey over to where Bambi was standing wasn't exactly long, and she was soon right next to her chestnut-haired friend. "Are we talking about one of those music playing radios, or is this a more of a ham situation?" she butted in on the conversation, a far-from-serious expression on her face. The AV club would more than likely have a ham radio, but an FM radio could surely be found anywhere - including the school's cafeteria. Abbie had once stopped by the kitchen to fetch some ice for a kid who had twisted their ankle during P.E., and walked in on the lunch ladies listening to a beat-up boombox blasting country music. It had been a sight to see. "Even though breaking down a door is something you only get to do once in a lifetime, I must agree with Bambi. People left in such a hurry that I wouldn't be surprised if we discovered the AV-club door standing wide open," she mused, glancing at the aforementioned girl to see if she agreed.
འབྲོག་ཁྱི

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby onion » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:32 am

rosie park / 19 / rebel

"aghhh i hate people like that," rosie mumbled before she popped her gum softly. she softened her gaze and glanced over to liz, who looked about as small as a mouse right now.
"sorry," rosie said simply. "i know i shouldnt snap around you. youre too cute, liz." she smiled lightly, resisting the urge to ruffle the girls hair. liz was definitely a cutie, but rosie wouldnt flirt with her- she wasnt really her type after all, and she didnt think theyd mix well. kind of like rosie and...
rosie paused and looked down, crossing her arms as she slumped down finally onto the floor. "so... what do we do?" she asked, not really expecting liz to respond; she was mainly talking to herself. it was starting to get late, she hadnt eaten, and things were a mess at the school. what to do what to do...
rosie looked back to liz. "we could walk around? see what everyone else is doing... other than this crowd anyway," she said, eyeing the group of people once more. she hated when people mobbed like that.
onion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

██ california fog. - [ 002 ]

Postby carpe noctem. » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:55 pm

██▐ ♤ ── ⠀⠀⠀❝ 𝐍𝐎𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐀 𝐕𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐈
    { TITLE. queen bee ⠀AGE. 18 years ⠀GENDER. female ⠀TAGGED. bambi, elliot, abbie, cici⠀MENTIONED. }

Noelia watched as others began to quickly move towards the windows, shutting them and locking them. Locking them in. She supposed it was better than being out there, but still, the idea of being stuck in the school for god knows how long wasn't exactly a pleasant thought in any way. She was thankful for Bambi directing the others and staying level-headed, it was a respectable quality that was sure to be useful in these times of chaos.

⠀ ⠀ ⠀Noelia listened as Bambi addressed her, tapping a finger to her chin as she spoke. As she asked about her, Noelia nodded, her voice low, "I feel the same, it's all so surreal." Her voice was quickly cut off by another's voice; Elliot. She looked at the boy, listening as he spoke before Bambi snapped back a snarky response, the two quickly butting heads with each other. The two quickly began to talk about finding a radio, and soon Elliot had mentioned something along the lines of a task force. "I'd suggest that we rally up a few people to investigate, just to be safe." As she said that, she noticed that Abbie had strolled up to them, speaking about the radio situation. She noticed Cici near to her, though Noelia focused mainly on Abbie as she began to speak.

⠀ ⠀ ⠀────────────

██▐ ♤ ── ⠀⠀⠀❝ 𝐋𝐔𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐍 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆
    { TITLE. the lover ⠀AGE. 18 years ⠀GENDER. male ⠀TAGGED. charlie⠀MENTIONED. x }

Lucian King peered out the windows, narrowing his eyes as he tried to look past the rising fog that had begun to consume the city. On the inside, Lucian was boiling with panic and confusion. Frankly, Lucian felt as though he was in some sort of daze, perhaps a bad dream that he just needed to wake up from. Right?
      ⠀ ⠀ ⠀He swiftly closed the window, locking it soon after. Lucian could hear the mumbling of others around him, catching the tones of panic or fear within their hushed conversations. He couldn't tell if knowing that he wasn't the only scared one was a comfort or more distressing, though he tried to busy himself with keeping the windows locked tightly.
      ⠀ ⠀From behind him, a soft, feminine voice interrupted his thinking. He turned around, looking at the person who had spoke. She was certainly shorter than him, and she seemed nervous. He shrugged at her words, running at hand through his hair. "I... I really don't know," Lucian said, releasing a heavy exhale, "there was that explosion, I think from the chemical plant, and then the fog started to come. "

⠀ ⠀ ⠀────────────
carpe noctem.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

arthur [pt. 2]

Postby saturns. » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:38 pm

ᴀʀᴛʜᴜʀ - ᴛʜᴇ ᴀʀᴛɪsᴛ
      LOCATION - a random hallway // TAGGED - james // MENTIONS - no one
        Arthur could tell just by looking down at Jame's crumpled form against the lockers, that the guy was more than just 'stressed'. The smile that the rich kid instinctively threw his way, which he guessed was probably a practiced habit to throw others off, couldn't fool Arthur. Fine, huh? was all he could really think, but he kept his comment to himself as the other continued to explain.

"The chemical plant blew up? So that nasty crap colored gas in the air has got to be mega toxic then..."
        His thoughts trailed off for a moment, and even more uneasy possibilities took place - sickness, pollution, radiation... Who knew what a random gas leaking from a blown up chemical plant could lead to? He'd seen enough science fiction flicks to know that chemical plants releasing any sort of substances was usually a very bad thing.

The most positive thought he could think was well, at least it wasn't murderous aliens.

At the mention of others being in the Foyer, Arthur's eyes perked up, but suspicion immediately followed suite. "Huh. And you're not in there with them, why?"he asked, as he tried to not-so-casually check his phone again, despite just checking for a response from his brother a few mere minutes ago. He huffily shoved it back into his hoodie pocket at the sight of no new notifications. Conserving his battery wasn't even something on his mind - he would continue to check every few minutes for a text back from his brother, regardless of battery level. If worse came to worse, he'd have to break into some lockers to find a charger. Which, really, no big deal. If he couldn't get one open, he was hopeful that there was at least someone with experience breaking into things that could help him later on.

He refocused himself, and skeptically looked down at James. "Are you like... trying to hide from the others, or something? Out here, having a private emotional moment you don't want anyone to know about?"

Arthur started slowly backing up in response to James last comments, raising his eyebrows down at him as he did. "And I dunno if we'll have to stay for the night... But if we do, I'm calling dibs on one of the nurse beds." He turned his back towards James, glancing out the windows as he walked away.

When he thought about it, he also really hoped that they wouldn't be forced to stay the night; that some kinda government group would show up and take them to a shelter, or maybe a radio broadcast or news show would say that the green smoke would lift in a few hours, and everything would be fine... Even if his hopes turned out to be false, there was some comfort knowing that there were others in this nightmare of a mess too. "Maybe you should come rejoin the group too so I don't look weird showing up to this party late. Unless you need more time to sit there, and pretend not to be worried out of your mind?"
saturns.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me