i'm not alive [DBH] // closed!

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

ren ♦ 3

Postby Pyra Ilver » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:55 am

S E R E N ♦ P R I N C E
partner ~ riley ╍♢╍ tagged ~ riley, newton, zoya

She nodded at the secretary's response, and stepped back from the desk. She shifted the bottom of her shirt nervously, these two were in a huge position of power over them. If they were to express an 'incorrect' view towards android rights or put a foot out of line they could report them back to their superiors, possibly relieving them of the badge she had worked so hard for. This was the first time it had occurred to Ren that she may not he able to carry out her orders and feel morally justifiable in carrying them out. If she was to refuse, the consequences could mar any chance at a promotion or advancement. "It would appear so," she said quietly to Riley, her partner's words relaxing her somewhat. Riley had been a rare constant in her life, throughout the chaos of non-stop work and investigations, her partner had always been right by her side.

The waiting was grinding on her nerves, she needed to be doing something. Seren was not a very patient person, and inactivity was a pet hate of hers. Stopping was never something that had occurred to her once in her career. There was always a new challenge, a new case, and no time to waste. After what felt like an eternity to her, the elevator doors opened and two figures stepped out.

Ren took a seat as the woman gestured for them to sit, the chairs were surprisingly hard, contrary to the soft appearance of the room itself. Nothing was ever as it appeared here it seemed. A society toting freedom, yet pushing down those that demanded more, deserved more. Seren tried not to flinch at the informal tone, it was so alien to her someone could be so casual about the work they had been assigned. "It's nice to finally meet you, I only wish it could be under better circumstances," she said, barely able to restrain herself from a full diplomatic introduction. "Yes, we read through the files travelling and last night," and created timelines and reconstructions and colour-coded evidence files. "So where do you want us?"

373 words
Pyra Ilver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lacke » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:52 am

★ AIDEN
─────────────────────────────────
[ partner lanie tagged lanie ]

xxxxaiden watched lanie intently as a small smile spread across her face, before she shook her head. aiden tilted his head as he took in the things she said, and remained silent as she turned away to open a cupboard. he watched with a raised eyebrow as she struggled to see a cup that was just out of her reach. aiden smiled slightly and stepped forwards, reaching his arms up and above lanie, grabbing the cup before offering it to her. as she took it, aiden went back to his previous spot, leaning against the counter once more, leaving a slight blue tint in his wake from the blue blood. he watched her intently before letting out an ironic chuckle.

xxxx"you know, we should get you better food sometime so that you can sleep better to produce more hgh, that way you can be just a little taller," he teased, trying to make it obvious that he was attempting to lighten the mood. he always found their combo funny, lanie was a mere 5'2 and aiden was 6'1, nearly a whole foot taller than her. "that way i don't have to keep getting you things that are too tall for you." he teased once more stepping away from the counter and around lanie, glancing towards the door. after the pairs conversation died down, aiden took another step towards the door, peeking outside.

xxxx"a lot of our people are shutting down or are very wounded." he stated, even though it was obvious. "we don't have enough spare bio-components to go around," he murmured, glancing back towards lanie. "i may have to go out and get some within a day or so." he suggested, glancing out once more. most of the androids were talking with one another in hushed tones, while others were sitting quietly. after a moment of silence he sighed, eyes scanning the surrounding church. perhaps they could steal some form of television or news casting device so they could keep an eye on what the reporters were saying. after a moment of though, he hesitated, before turning his full attention back to lanie. "is your tea okay?" he asked gruffly, tilting his head once more.
lacke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

august // 2

Postby apricotflyer » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:57 pm

◂ AUGUST ▸
location;; home → deviant hide-out tagged;; genevieve, aiden, melanie
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    Even after cleaning herself up and looking fresher for it, he noticed how tense Genevieve looked. The message from the police certainly hadn't been helping, so he should've been less surprised when there is immediate agreement. August was always trying to bring a more reasonable viewpoint to the conversation, even if in the end he jumped on board with her ideas. They were often worth the thrill, just like with aiding the uprising. She was clearly too exhausted to bring up a counter to his statements, and she appeared almost relieved that they would be helping. August let a smile slip, enjoying the moment for what it was.

August knew Genevieve too well, which is why he'd prepared the food beforehand. Everything she did was fast-paced and determined but often he'd seen her forget to stop moving for an instant, and he'd predicted she'd want to go off somewhere right away. He was rarely wrong. He smiled warmly at her again as went to collect her meal and settled down to eat it, soft hazel eyes watching. Of course, it felt a little uncomfortable just, standing there doing nothing, and so he wandered a little. He took the chance to go find a mirror to check on how he looked. He prided himself on his well-kept appearance, particularly because of Genevieve and her status. He never wanted to disappoint her, and part of that was looking almost as flawless as she did. Inspecting his reflection he didn't look too worse for wear, so all he really had to do was adjust his ruffled and out of place hair, and fix a few rips in his clothing. When he was satisfied the android walked back out to the kitchen, returning just in time as Genevieve had finished up the last of the sandwich and placed her plate in the sink. "Of course I'm ready," he responded, finally content that they were prepared to depart.
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    One of the best things you can learn, especially as someone born into wealth and who has become well-known, is how to get around without being noticed easily. What made it even easier was August, who had already mapped out the perfect and safest route to where Aiden, Melanie, and the rest of the deviants hid. It would be most devastating to alert anyone as to where to find them and so August was always very focused whenever they did this. Eventually, they arrived and August took the lead towards the abandoned church they resided in. It was pretty well hidden and many wouldn't have guessed to look there. They'd been here before but he never really got used to the contrast between this place which was falling apart, and the luxurious comfort of Genevieve's home. He still grimaced a little thinking of the crumbling walls and floors, and how much dust that might have built up. He strode up to the entrance, looking back to Genevieve for a moment and giving her a confident reassuring nod before knocking and then pushing on inside. The deviants sitting around were instantly cautious for a moment, which was why he always went in first. They weren't exactly hostile towards humans, and Melanie one of the leaders was one herself, but there was obviously still hesitancy about them. He wasn't one to take chances with Genevieve's safety. "We're here to speak with Aiden and Melanie. We have some news for them," He announced plainly, intrigued to see how the two were faring after the shootout. He and Genevieve admittedly hadn't stuck around to find out.
apricotflyer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

i'm not alive - newton (3)

Postby Talon the Mad King » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:07 am

NEWTON [A-600]
▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
- MALE - "TWENTY-TWO"- MACHINE-
- tags; zoya, seren, riley -

"I am sorry that we are late. I held us up, and therefore Zoya and I were late to this meeting." Clasping his hands behind his back, he looked over the pair without much emotion. The human seemed restless, perhaps even sleep deprived. The AX-300 seemed to be analyzing the building as well, sticking close to Seren. A pair similar to him and Zoya. "My name is Newton. It is a pleasure to meet you both." The android said softly, glancing over to look at his partner before looking back at the pair. "It is rare that we are here in the office- we are often out on cases almost daily. However, an altercation with the deviant group has sent us back to here." He explained, LED flashing as he remembered the incident. It was his fault- he had rushed out to protect Zoya during the firefight and gave away their entire position. They had the drop, and he dropped it.

"If you would like, there are two desks open in the main office that you could use. I can show you up there if nee-" The words died in his mouth as he blinked, LED turning yellow as he frowned. "I just got a report of a suspected deviant. We should go have a look." He looked to Zoya with a hint of hopeful worry glimmering in his gaze. This could be a way for him to reconcile his mistakes from earlier. However, he didn't want his partner hurt. And the other two investigators. . . "You both can come with us if you wish." Newton added, still looking to Zoya for a command to continue.
Talon the Mad King

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: i'm not alive [DBH] // closed!

Postby Radio-Bandit » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:14 am

RILEY AX300
Partner ~ Seren ╍╍ Tagged ~ Seren, Zoya, Newton

Riley lifted her hazel gaze towards the pair as they moved forward to sit down. Riley instinctively didn't sit down, and simply stood a few paces behind her partner. She observed their new pair, staying quiet as she usually did. She knew her and Seren would be working with them for future investigations, and first impressions seemed to help Riley learn about those she would work with. The mention of the office desks sounded of interest to Riley. Perhaps it would be better to have their files here instead of scattered around their new apartment. She smiled at the thought knowing her partner had been up rather late the night before, dedicating all her time to going over the files, while Riley simply scanned them in her head. One thing Riley had taken note of the files given to them, was the treatment of the Androids here, compared to back home. It was very vast different.

Riley glanced towards Newton as he received the report of a suspected Deviant. For a brief moment, the LED on Riley's temple flickered as she nodded briefly towards him. "Let's accompany them, Ren." Riley murmured softly to her partner, glancing towards her. She gave her a faint smile before speaking once more. "I think it could be a very interesting start to our first day." Riley glanced towards Newton. "Mind sharing the information with me? Seren and I can meet you there." Riley held out her arm towards Newton, this having been a simple way Androids shared locations between each other. She gave her fellow Android a gentle smile. Riley seemed rather eager, as the LED flickered for a moment.
Radio-Bandit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ───(♙ lanie 3 )───

Postby monspurr » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:33 pm

───────( LANIE)───────
tagged: aiden

Just as her fingertips grazed the white, smooth porcelain of the teacup, Aiden utilised his height advantage to snatch it right out from under her grubby mitts. She followed his hand with her eyes as he brought it closer to her, and although she wanted to protest that she could have done it herself, she quickly realized she would have knocked it down instead and shattered it against the floor. She smiled instead and dipped her head in silent thanks. As she heard the cry of steam leaving the kettle, she carefully took it away from the heat and began to pour it into the cup she had since set on the counter. Heat grazed her face as the boiling brown tea spluttered against the sides of the pure porcelain and dainty flower designs on the sides. Lanie glanced up abruptly as Aiden made a quip on her height and she stuck her tongue out to him. ”At least I don’t hit my head on doorways!” she chirped in a lighthearted fashion and allowed a laugh to leave her throat, although strangled and strange to hear.

The air, once jovial and carefree, dissipated as Aiden spoke of his people shutting down and fizzing out. Lanie’s smile disappeared and she grew silent, save for the occasional puff of breath over the simmering tea. A grave expression came across her face and she felt her eyes darken. ”I should come with you,” she offered suddenly, turning big brown eyes to bore into Aiden. ”It isn’t good to go out alone like this after what happened.”
monspurr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lacke » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:12 am

★ AIDEN
─────────────────────────────────
[ partner lanie tagged lanie, august, genny ]

xxxxaiden eyed lanie as she spoke, and aiden simply shook his head. "i wouldn't allow you to come with me," he paused, reaching out and resting a hand on her shoulder. "you're human and much more fragile than me," he said softly, removing his arm and laying it back at his side. "besides, if they capture and arrest you, i couldn't imagine what they'd do to you in order to get information from you. seeing as we androids can't feel pain, its not as easy to pry information from us." he murmured quietly, before hearing a voice chime from outside the room, in the main corridor. he recognized it as august, one of the revolutions greatest members and one of his... friends. his gaze flicked to the door and back to lanie, where he motioned to the arch that led out to the corridor. "i suppose we should go see what they need," and with that, he swiveled on his heels and walked out of the kitchen, immediately spotting august and genevieve standing not too far away from the church entrance.

xxxxhe approached the two, and as he got within arms reach, he stopped, giving a respectful bow of his head to genevieve, before reaching out and resting a hand on augusts shoulder in hello. after a moment he let his arm drift back to his side, eyes flicking over the pair. his led flashed yellow as he scanned over them, and after reporting no injuries, went back to blue. he noted the anxious and apprehensive look in their eyes, and tilted his head. "i'm very happy you two are alright, but what can we do for you?" he asked quietly, before crossing his arms. "you two look... perplexed." aiden knew neither of them were hurt, but it was somewhat obvious that they bore some kind of news, and judging by the tone of voice and facial expressions, it probably wasn't good, which worried aiden.

Last bumped by Talon the Mad King on Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:12 am.
lacke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me