the killing days ( open & accepting )

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Re: the killing days ( open & accepting )

Postby keating » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:10 am

JULIET SYKES
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Tags: Owen, Bob

Juliet cursed under her breath and turned around slowly as she heard the door creak open, apprehensively looking over at the two men who stood at the doorway, waiting for her to explain herself. "I was just lookin' around, I don't want any trouble." She explained calmly, pulling her gun out of its holster and setting it on the ground. The last thing she wanted at this moment was a fight; there were already two of them at the door and god knows how many more inside. The smartest thing to do at this moment would be to play it cool and hopefully they'd let her off with a warning or something. Then she'd report back to the others and make sure they were aware that they had neighbors.
keating

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby keating » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:20 am

LEVI SULLIVAN
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Tags: Andy

Levi watched as the boy chugged down most of the water in the canteen, realizing that this was probably the first drink he's had in days. He took it back from him and took a moment to put it back in his bag. After he'd finished, he answered Levi's question.

He doesn't need weapons? That was about the most ridiculous thing he's ever heard. He didn't make any sort of snarky comment or reply; that would just be too easy. And he was just a kid after all. He assumed he'd be sheltered and protected from the scariness of the world, but protected to the point where he's convinced he doesn't need to know how to defend himself? That needs to change, and it needs to happen soon, or else the next time one of them ends up bringing him back to camp, it'll be his lifeless body. Levi bit his lip and looked away without a response, thinking about how he can bring this up to Alaska without offending her or suggesting that he doesn't think she's fit to care for the boy.
keating

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moonkin » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:22 am

OWEN MURPHY
( location. house ) ( tags. bob, juliet )

Fingers tightened around the knife when the stranger started moving, the tip of the blade pressing into his wrist. Watchful eyes followed her every move; Owen glancing down at the pistol placed carefully on the ground. His face hadn’t faltered from his straight, neutral expression. The other man behind him and his mumblings ignored until they reached some sort of compromise to this encounter. "Are you alone?" The surrounding area was looked over in one swoop, his blue eyes soon returning to hers. He didn’t need any more trouble or distractions from what he already had. The question was more or less to see if there were others she was apart of, instead of in their general vicinity.
moonkin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby keating » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:33 am

JULIET SYKES

"Yes." She replied in response to his wonderings of whether she was traveling alone. It wasn't technically a lie; none of her people were watching her right now or knew exactly where she was, other than that she's in the neighborhood. He didn't directly ask whether or not she has a group waiting on her.

The whole situation gave her a strange feeling as she prayed that she wasn't about to put the entire group in danger. She could already feel the follow-up question; something that involves whether or not she belongs to a group. She didn't have to say where they were; the key was not to lie while not telling the entire truth for the sake of her group's safety. She thought about if she stalled for long enough or was in any sort of danger if Shane or Myka would walk around to check on her, or if they'd have enough confidence in her to believe she's okay. She felt like if anyone would trust her enough to leave her alone it would be Shane and if anyone wanted to make sure she was okay it would be Myka. But these guys didn't look to angry or threatening, which calmed her down a bit, and the last thing she wanted was to get anyone else tangled up in the possible mess that she may have just created.
keating

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moonkin » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:42 am

OWEN MURPHY

His gaze shifted over her, taking in her appearance before dropping to the pistol she had abandoned. A short nod then he stepped forward, using the heel of his boot to bring the gun toward himself. Crouching to retrieve it, his knife was discreetly pocketed in the same moment as he rose. "Your ammo says otherwise." Owen pointed out after pressing the release on the magazine and letting it fall into his palm. "You're well stocked ... somewhere .." he mused, clicking the mag back in place and pulling the slide to load a bullet into it's chamber, "And you're gonna take us there." Juliet's own gun was turned on her; blue eyes stared down at her, bleak as the sun lightened them in an almost icey shade. He wasn’t concerned whether or not Bob agreed with his method, he wasn’t concerned about anything but getting help for the little girl.
moonkin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby keating » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:17 am

JULIET SYKES

Juliet's feet remained planted in their place as she watched the man reached down for the gun she'd just dropped. "You don't think I'm capable enough to find my own supplies?" She asked with an almost mockingly quizzical expression. She looked unbothered and a little bored, but the risks she was about to take had her heart pounding in fear that they wouldn't work and she'd get a bullet in the face instead. Still, she remained confident in herself that in these situations where people wanted something from you, they'd very rarely kill you. This guy seemed almost desperate; she had the power right now. "I'm not leadin' you anywhere with my own weapon pointed at my back." She added stubbornly, lowering her raised hands. "Besides, give me one reason why I should take you and maybe I'll sympathize. Otherwise you'll just have to shoot me, I s'pose." She said with a shrug.
keating

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moonkin » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:51 am

OWEN MURPHY

He could tell she was underestimating him. It was strange yet neither surprising. The fingers wrapped secured around the gun flexed, eyeing her for a solid second. Owen then pretended to lower his guard as well, lowering the pistol to hip height and extended his other hand out, palms facing forward. “I’m sorry. That was rude of me.” He waited, running the front of his tongue over the back of his bottom set of teeth. “Let’s try this again. Okay?” A quick smile flashed across his lips but never parted them. He wouldn’t tell her his reasoning, not this soon. She'd find out later anyway if she compiled enough. “I’m Murphy.” The empty hand moved to touch his chest briefly before returning to the air. While speaking, he had only taken another step to further close the distance between them. It only left a foot or two. “And you’re..” his accent parting from a hum in his throat, the pistol rising again as his eyes narrowed in a glare, “The girl who’s gonna take us to her hideout.” It was foolish to expect respect out in the world, especially when things weren’t in shambles. He earned it on the inside, he made it happen when he was on house arrest and he’d be damned if he take some bullcrap from a woman. “Don’t push me, ma’am.” He warned slowly, almost genuinely. Whether she seen it or not from the way his expression contorted into a seriousness that he would indeed shoot her where she stood would be seen soon, either way he knew what he was capable of and wouldn’t hesitate to use it to it's peak.
moonkin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby keating » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:30 am

JULIET SYKES

Juliet let a small sigh escape from her lips as she glanced behind Murphy towards the unnamed man, then back at Murphy. "Well, alright then. I'll take you. But only you." She didn't have much of a choice at this point, and this guy seemed to be all talk than anything else. Let him try to pull something stupid back at this house. In fact, at this moment, she was hoping he would. "If you refuse to come without your buddy back there..." she began, nodding her head towards the man at the doorway, "then give me my gun back and you can both come." She stared straight at Owen, returning his gaze. "We got a deal or not?" She'd be damned before she'd let herself be overpowered by some stranger. Besides, she had no doubt in her mind that he was considering getting rid of her the second she brought him to her "hideout."
keating

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moonkin » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:58 am

OWEN MURPHY

Her offer spread his lips into a satisfied smile, his eyes lifting from their glare and the gun tilted with his hand. "That’s perfect. Thank you." Owen purred, bending slightly in appreciation with the same hand from before to his chest. He then stepped back an inch to turn halfway toward Bob. "You heard that? Stay here," he started to pull up his jumpsuit from his waist, shoving one arm into it’s individual sleeve and shrugging the fabric over his shoulder. "Follow, but keep outta sight." The words were whispered, inaudible to the woman behind him as he switched the pistol between his hands to do the same to the other side of the article of brown clothing. He couldn’t return the woman's pistol to her, it posed too much of a risk and gave up his upper hand. If Bob was smart and reliable, they'd both get to this place. If he wasn’t, then he would be fine with Bob’s loss on his conscience, as heartless as that was. Returning the gun to his dominant hand, Owen turned to the woman again, nudging the barrel in the direction of the street to prompt her to lead.
moonkin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby keating » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:10 am

JULIET SYKES

Juliet made a mental note of the knife in her boot and thought about how quickly she could grab it if need be. She wasn't stupid, she knew exactly where she was staying and how close it was to where they currently were. If Murphy's friend wasn't watching them, she knew someone would be. She just hoped someone would still be in the house before they got a chance to knock her out and raid everything they've got.

Already turned around, she slowly turned back to Murphy before she had a chance to start leading the way and whispered, "on the second thought, I need something from you. Something real simple." She paused for a moment, thinking back to Shane's request. "I'm lookin' for a silver chain. You sure you raided every drawer in that house?"
keating

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me