the killing days ( open & accepting )

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Re: the killing days ( open & accepting )

Postby keating » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:18 pm

LEVI SULLIVAN
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Tags: Andy

As Levi slid under the gate, he pushed Arlo forward a bit to allow his furry body to go through. He straightened his back and raised an eyebrow at the boy as he waited for him to join them on the other side, rather surprised at his lack of response. The tension between them extended to his canine companion, who stared straight forward with an obvious frustration at being told off for trying to protect his owner. Levi ran his fingers through the fur on Arlo's head before bending down and picking his weapon up off of the ground, throwing the strap over his shoulder. Levi jerked his head in the direction of the highway and whistled at the dog to follow in his lead.

The tension continued to linger over them as they walked, resulting in an uncomfortable silence. Levi tried his best not to drag his faulty leg behind him, slightly embarrassed that he'd be returning with yet another injury. He'd dealt with messed up limbs before, and this couldn't be more than a sprain, so he could deal with it just fine on his own.

He looked over at Andy, who seemed to have no interest in speaking to him. "All due respect but you look awful, mate." He sighed. "Will you at least take a drink so you don't collapse on me? And you really should cover your injuries. Last thing we need is an infection; you can do it yourself if you really don't want my help." The kid was stubborn, much like he himself was as a child, so he figured he'd offer him another way out instead of asking for help, because they both knew that was never going to happen.
keating

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby keating » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:44 pm

LEVI SULLIVAN
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Tags: Andy

Levi cracked an amused smile at the 'Americans' comment, even though the boy couldn't see. "Your skin's torn, therefore it's a wound, and no matter how big or small, any wound can get infected if left untreated." He looked back behind him, grin still on his face, then slowed down when he asked for water. He pulled his canteen out from his bag and handed it over without saying a word. Afterwards he asked, "Did you even bring any weapons with you before going out?" It was a legitimate question. Did he even know how to use a gun? With how protective Alaska seemed to be over him he wouldn't be surprised if she was one to not let him around weapons.
keating

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moonkin » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:23 pm

SHANE WALKER
( location. house ) ( tags. myka, no one )

The morning after stretched on as Shane slept in, snoring lightly beside the woman he shared a bed with. One arm laid behind his head while the other across his bare chest, the blankets more crowded in between the couple or on her side than his. Sarge had found his way at the end of the bed, asleep with his head resting on Shane's knee. Birds chirped outside somewhere, Sarge’s nails clicked on the flooring when he decided to leave and explore. It wasn’t until later that life finally stirred within the room, the bed creaking slightly as the man started his rise. Half-asleep legs threw themselves over the edge of the bed; his lap leaned over as the bridge of his nose was pinched. The process of waking up drug on; Shane not moving until he leaned to look over his shoulder at his sleeping girlfriend.

A wrinkled plain black shirt was picked up by his feet and balled in one fist as he stood from the bed. The dirtied fabric was pulled over his head and straightened out against his torso, further tucked in his pants that were put on after. Bare feet shuffled across the bedroom floor to Myka's side, buttoning and buckling his jeans as one foot reached out to kick around a few articles of clothing to search for his boots. They were found toppled over and left sloppily unlaced, too tired last night to care. Shane's boots were laced once he shoved his feet into them, the bottoms of his jeans tucked lightly inside. Myka never stirred when he leaned over, a hand placed on the other side of her to kiss her head or when he made his way back over to his side of the bed and gathered his things off the nightstand, leaving the room shortly after.

There was no need to lighten his steps when he was out of earshot, the heels of his boots heavy on the boards of the house. His things - just a backpack and his rifle - were all packed up by the door, never removed since his arrival here. They were now lifted from their rest and placed outside on the porch; Shane rummaging around in the backpack’s pockets briefly before heading back inside.

Snooping around other people’s possessions had been his career at one point so walking into rooms he didn’t sleep in and gathering things that didn’t belong to him, none of it affected his conscience of a wrongdoing. It was like picking up child's things, he thought — almost. Shoving what he could in the bags he could find, they were all eventually tossed further outside into the grass. Accumulating into a decent pile as the house was emptied of everyone's belongings. People were ignored for his focus if they came around, brushed off if they tried to intervene. The room with the map was momentarily occupied as he rolled the paper up in his fists and stuck it in his back pocket, leaving the room as empty as the house was becoming. Today was the day they needed to leave, now or never, and Shane was ready to get the hell out.
moonkin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghostie, » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:17 am

[ A E R Y N - M A D D O X ☆ ]
aery seventeen heterosexual location; forest tags; coby, janessa, phoebe, deanna, etc.
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Aeryn grunted as the sound of a male voice jolted her out of her sleep. It took her a moment before she realized where she was, and that it was Coby's voice she was hearing. Immediately, she jumped up, a hand flying to one of her daggers. After a quick survey of the area, she realized there were no walkers, and lowered her hand. She watched as Deanna slowly rose from her position on the ground, and her eyes flicked to the bullet wound. That needed to be tended to asap. Aeryn didn't know how to deal with wounds like that, but she hoped someone in the group did.

Aeryn flicked her attention to Coby as he offered to carry Deanna on her back, and tossed a bag at her. Aeryn stooped to pick it up, unprepared for the weight of it. She furrowed her brows. "What's in this?" she asked him, slinging it onto her shoulders. She turned to nudge the others awake, trying to rouse them semi-gently.
ghostie,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby keating » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:09 am

JULIET SYKES
Tags: Shane

Juliet's morning was uneventful, but she was beginning to get used to this place. Without any specific duties, she'd pretty much set her own routine: wake up, go out and raid some places, return when everyone was asleep. Until their apparent migration plan was solidified, this seemed to be the most useful thing that she could do. Shane and Myka seemed to be the only ones really taking advantage of the comforts of the house during the days, and she never really seemed to know where Alaska was anymore. She didn't really know much of anything that was going on since she was hardly around.

As much as she enjoyed her solo journeys out of the residential area, she was reminded of the fact that there were houses surrounding the very place they resided; god knows what could be hiding in one of them. There didn't seem to be any other survivors in the area; the houses were either barren or filled with walkers, as far as she knew, but people very well could have stocked up with supplies, and those supplies could be waiting for them in one of those houses. She figured she could spend the morning exploring the houses and taking out walkers in the neighborhood, trying to see what she could find.

Hoping off her usual spot on the roof, she went inside and placed the rifle in the house. Not really sure whose it was, she always kept it with her while she was keeping watch and nobody seemed to mind. Her own weapons on the kitchen table where she'd left them the night before, she slid her knife in her boot and put her gun in its holster. She paused in her spot and watched Shane go outside with a few bags, then come back in with empty hands. Clearly focused on his task, he didn't seem to notice she was in the room. As he came back in, she spoke up. "Hey, I'm heading out soon. I'll be around the neighborhood just checking out some houses and trying to grab what I can before we go. You or Myka need anything specific?"
keating

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moonkin » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:26 pm

SHANE WALKER
( location. house ) ( tags. juliet )

Every backpack he could find was sat outside on the front lawn in a neat pile while his sat off on the porch, separated from everything. He hadn’t noticed someone else had entered the house until a voice broke through the concentrated fog. Shane paused at the door, hand still lingering on the knob keeping it from closing. His eyes rolled over her as the toothpick in his mouth was moved from one side of his mouth to the other, noticing she had retrieved the pistol he'd seen in the kitchen earlier. Averting his eyes, he shifted in his place at the door. "You could find me, like, a chain to a necklace. Twenty inch, and silver." It was an odd request among the things he did need, but ammo was passed up for something else on his mind. "Shouldn't be hard to find." Were his parting words of brief reassurance whether Juliet needed it or not. "Thanks, by the way." Shane called over his shoulder, after he parted from the living room and disappeared further into the house.
moonkin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby keating » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:37 am

JULIET SYKES
Tags:

Juliet didn't expect Shane's request to be so specific, but she told him that she'd try as he left the room. She considered asking Myka as well but she figured it would probably be best to get going.

Making sure one last time that she had everything she needed, she exited the door, pushing it back with her elbow and letting it shut behind her. There didn't seem to be anybody else in sight, but she had her knife in her left hand and gun on her right hip-- just in arm's reach-- in case she got ambushed.

She looked into the windows of houses as she walked by, trying to see if anything piqued her interest enough for her to go in and take a look. She jumped as the hands of a walker slammed themselves on the window she was passing by, the creature gnawing its teeth, trying to get to her through the glass. There didn't seem to be anything worthwhile that she could see in the house, in fact it looked very barren with the exception of some dusty old furniture, so she walked passed it. She was looking for houses that look like they've been lived in recently; that's where she believed that she'd have the most luck finding something worth her time.

She decided to cross the street and look into the windows on the other side of the road. An abandoned car caught her interest, but the doors and the trunk were locked and she didn't have anything to pick the locks with. Should've brought something for that. As she continued to walk down the sidewalk, she stopped in her tracks at the sight of a window that had its blinds down, blocking the view of the window. It wasn't the strangest thing, as that is what many survivors did when hiding inside of their houses when the apocalypse first began, but this was an indication that a person, or people, had likely created a shelter inside of this house at one point, so unless they took everything with them, it was worth going inside and taking a look at anything useful that may have been left behind.

With this in mind, she made her way to the front door of the house and wiggled the doorknob, checking to see if it was locked. Sure enough it was locked, which either indicate that there were people still living in there or the original survivors didn't make it out alive. She considered her options: walk away and find something else, or break the glass on the door and unlocked it herself. There was a chance that there were survivors in there, and she was only one person. Perhaps if she'd brought someone else she'd consider going in, but right now it seemed like a stupid idea. Just as she decided she was going to walk away, she heard footsteps coming from inside the house.
keating

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moonkin » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:16 am

OWEN MURPHY
( location. house ) ( tags. bob, juliet )

No argument came from the homeless-looking man, not even a word amongst himself. Owen didn't care to think on the man much, returning to what he was doing. If Bob chose to go out on his own, so be it, but he was staying here -- or so he thought. The jingling of the front door knob brought their attention away from their short conversation. One second, then another passed before Owen decided to shift and stand to his feet. His knife that had been returned concealed in his palm, blade pressed against the flesh of his wrist. Similar to the concealment in prison, an old instinct. The panels in the blinds were parted with two fingers, Owen leaning slightly forward to set his eyes on a woman ready to leave. It wasn't like him to search for company, to open himself for others and chase after them but he had someone else's interest in mind. The thought of Sophia's struggle pushed him forward, away from the window to the door. This woman, whoever she was, looked like she had experience. Knowledge about things he didn't. Maybe knew where they could get what they needed, too.

Blue eyes looked down from his height to the woman when the door creaked open. His six foot two figure standing lone in the shadow of the doorway. Owen didn't speak nor did he move for her entrance; the knife was kept as it was while he waited for her to speak - or Bob to reveal himself first.
moonkin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alkhatine » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:58 pm

𝔹 𝕆 𝔹
      random house | tags: owen, juliet
      = = = = = = = =

Bob sighed and slouched back in his chair, one hand reaching under his shirt to idly scratch his stomach as their conversation petered out. You should go out soon, Rob pointed out. Bob nodded in assent, but remained seated. In his mind, Rob gave an exasperated sigh but fell begrudgingly silent. Until, that is, the locked front door's knob jiggled, as if someone from outside was trying to get in.

Bob was on alert, reaching for his bat, but Owen beat him to the entrance. The old man watched as the Texan parted the blinds, though he was unable to see what was happening outside. He grabbed his bat just to be safe. Owen seemed to think that whoever it was appeared to be (relatively) harmless, however, as he stepped back from the window and headed to the door in its stead. Go on, get up, Rob hissed at Bob, who hastily rose and crept up behind Owen as the door was opened. Behind it stood a rather tall woman who looked to be about in her thirties.

Don't knock her out this time, Rob teased, tone fading from his usual biting, commanding one into something more amused. Bob huffed and muttered, "C'mon, it was an accident! Get over it already." All that he got in response to that was a light chuckle in the back of his mind. He rolled his eyes, but kept his bat at his side instead of in a ready-to-swing position.
Alkhatine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby whysker » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:01 pm

────EANNA !!
────────────────────────────────

female survivor, 24 || tags; janessa, cindy, aeryn, coby|| location; forest || mood; tired, in pain

Deanna could feel the body of the man carrying her, but it was the last thing on her mind. Pain shot through her when he lifted her up, but she didn’t protest as he had done so. She was conscious of Spen following not too far away, and the footsteps of the other unknown people around her. In her mind, she was vaguely aware of the fact that she was hungry and her throat was parched. It was no doubt she had lost much of her weight when food became scarcer and scarcer to find, but she paid no heed and continued to ensure her survival.

Coby carried her with ease – and Deanna was glad for that. The pain in her leg had dulled to a continuous ache that pestered her through their slow journey. She had no idea where they were going and why, but she didn’t argue against it. She could feel the roughness of Coby’s clothes against her skin every time he took a step – it was one of the only things in her conscious mind at the time; besides her pain. The only thing she wanted to do was to curl up and succumb to eternal sleep. Not only would it numb the pain she was feeling, but it would also allow her to forget about the difficulty of reality.

It didn’t seem real when the first walkers appeared. It had taken them all by surprise, and now only the fittest survived. If she had come this far, she knew she could go further. It was that mentality that kept her going, just that extra day. She didn’t know why, but she did. And it was surprising to see another human being after so long. Now, being surrounded by so many of them… She knew she didn’t trust any of them fully. She only knew one. But there was something in her telling her that it was okay. They hadn’t hindered her survival – so she wouldn’t either.
whysker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me