ᴛʜᴇ ǫᴜᴇᴇɴ's ᴄᴏᴜʀᴛ ♕ closed; started

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

ᴛʜᴇ ǫᴜᴇᴇɴ's ᴄᴏᴜʀᴛ ♕ closed; started

Postby The Grey Stuff » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:40 pm

▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁
███████████████████
𝓪 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓫𝓲𝓭 𝓶𝓾𝓻𝓭𝓮𝓻 𝓶𝔂𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻𝔂
& 𝓪 𝓱𝓪𝓲𝓻-𝓻𝓪𝓲𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓱𝓸𝓻𝓻𝓸𝓻 𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓻𝔂
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
Wikipedia wrote:ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏʏᴀʟ ᴄᴏᴜʀᴛ
ɴᴏᴜɴ. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇxᴛᴇɴᴅᴇᴅ ʜᴏᴜsᴇʜᴏʟᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ʀᴇɢᴜʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀᴛᴛᴇɴᴅ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴜʟᴇʀ ᴏʀ ᴄᴇɴᴛʀᴀʟ ғɪɢᴜʀᴇ.

Every king needs one. Even if that king just so happens to be a bloodthirsty vampire overlord...in a very literal sense of the term.

Welcome to Castle Lovell, where the flowers blossom under the silvery light of the moon and where the sunset is only the beginning. Not all members of the court here are vampires. On the contrary, there's everything from witch-hunters and mad scientists to angels in disguise and demons who whisper temptations in your ear. Of course, these courtiers don't always get along well, but up until now, it had never led to anything more serious than wounded bodies and wounded pride. When the vampires needed to feed, they went into the village to pick off some common folk. When the demons needed souls to torment, they went into the village to plague the common folk with night terrors. But there was an unspoken rule: No courtier ever killed another courtier.

Then one day, members of the court began to disappear. They were quick to turn on each other with their own suspicions, each person believing the other was responsible for the murders (or, in the case of angels or demons, banishment from this earthly realm), and yet, no one would come forth with the truth as the court continued to dwindle.
    Now it is up the most diligent among them to get to the bottom of this mystery, before they all end up in coffins...permanently.

Last edited by The Grey Stuff on Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:41 pm, edited 11 times in total.
The Grey Stuff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Roles

Postby The Grey Stuff » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:50 pm

▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁
███████████████████
𝓪 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓫𝓲𝓭 𝓶𝓾𝓻𝓭𝓮𝓻 𝓶𝔂𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻𝔂
& 𝓪 𝓱𝓪𝓲𝓻-𝓻𝓪𝓲𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓱𝓸𝓻𝓻𝓸𝓻 𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓻𝔂
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
THE KING wrote:Gender: Male
Species: Vampire
The vampiric ruler of the Castle Lovell. The King wields authority over all members of the court, and his word is law. Whenever he needs something, he can call on anyone he wants.
PLAYED BY: kuudere

THE ROYAL ADVISOR wrote:Gender: Any
Species: Demon
Literally the devil on the King's shoulder. The royal advisor tries to influence the King in the worst ways; the more pain, death, and destruction, the better.
PLAYED BY: RoselynBlackThorne

THE CUP BEARER wrote:Gender: Any
Species: Angel
The angel on the King's shoulder. The cup bearer may seem like a trivial position, but it is of the utmost importance and comes with a great deal of influence. The cup bearer is responsible for guarding against any poison in the King's drinks, and is therefore one of the most trusted members of the court. The cup bearer is especially close to the King.
PLAYED BY: White Eagle

THE DARLING wrote:Gender: Female
Species: Vampire
One day, a human girl somehow wandered into the Castle. No one knows how she managed to get in or where she came from, and she was too young at the time to know herself. But the King turned her into a vampire, and now she wanders the Castle as an undead little girl, forever stuck in the body of a child.
PLAYED BY: feather_light_flight

THE WITCH wrote:Gender: Female
Species: Human
The witch, with her powers of divining, has proved to be a quite useful seer. Not only does she foretell the future, but she also knows a variety of spells, and knows how to brew numerous potions.
PLAYED BY: ᴊᴜʟɪᴇᴛᴛᴇ.

THE MAD SCIENTIST wrote:Gender: Male
The scientist spends his days creating nifty new inventions for the King to enjoy, although in his free time, he tends to pursue less...conventional projects. Ingenious but mentally unstable.
PLAYED BY: Teekl

THE SCIENTIST'S CREATION wrote:Gender: Female
Species: Reanimated Corpse
The mad scientist's first and only successful creation. She sports the same stitched-together look of Frankenstein's monster. Her appearance may not give off the impression of an intelligent, articulate being, but this is exactly what she is. With nowhere else to go, she lives in the Castle.
PLAYED BY: meadow.

THE CONSTABLE wrote:Gender: Any
Species: Human or Vampire
The constable is the head of law enforcement in the village, but they stay at the Castle Lovell. They are generally tasked with protecting the common folk and keeping the peace; however, whether or not they actually uphold the law or simply abuse their power is up to the roleplayer. They are also head of security for the Castle and provides protection for the King. All the guards in the Castle are under the Constable's command.
PLAYED BY: colie

THE WITCH-HUNTER wrote:Gender: Any
The self-appointed protector of the people. Some refer to the witch-hunter as a vigilante, and this isn't too far from the truth. The witch-hunter takes it upon themselves to stop the supernatural from harming innocent humans. The witch-hunter is well-versed in the weaknesses of the supernatural, and frequently sneaks into the Castle to expand his/her knowledge of said creatures. If they got caught, it would be B-A-D for them. Recently, the witch-hunter attained a position as a servant, so now they actually have an excuse to be there, and may interact with members of the court.
PLAYED BY: Amurah

THE BOOKKEEPER wrote:Gender: Any
Species: Wereraven (it's exactly what it sounds like)
Every castle that's any castle needs a good library, and any library that's any library needs a good librarian to tend to those books. No one else in the Castle seems to have time, so the task falls to the royal bookkeeper. Mysterious and introverted, they seem to have an eerie secret...
PLAYED BY: Ghostarriver

THE TAILOR wrote:Gender: Male
The royal tailor does exactly what one would expect: He designs and creates outfits for the King, although the other courtiers might employ him to mend or create new clothing for them as well. Incredibly skilled with a needle and thread, he does his job well.
PLAYED BY: osirian trix

THE HANDMAIDEN wrote:Gender: Female
Species: Any fantasy supernatural creature
A female servant and attendant of the darling, soon-to-be-Queen Lilith.
PLAYED BY: ร๏гςєгєรร
Last edited by The Grey Stuff on Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:18 am, edited 20 times in total.
The Grey Stuff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Species Lore

Postby The Grey Stuff » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:39 pm

𝖘𝖕𝖊𝖈𝖎𝖊𝖘 𝖑𝖔𝖗𝖊:

𝔳𝔞𝔪𝔭𝔦𝔯𝔢𝔰

Traits:

•Immortal
    •Pale
    •Fangs
    •Must feed on blood every night or suffer extreme agony.
    •Enhanced Reflexes
    •Enhanced Strength
    •Enhanced Senses
    •Enhanced Charisma
    •Shape-Shifting (into a bat only)

Weaknesses:

•Sunlight (fatal but not immediately fatal)
    •Hawthorne Wooden Stakes (fatal)
    •Absinthe (hence the cup bearer) (paralyzing)
𝔞𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔩𝔰

Traits:

•Can't show their true form to mortals (or mortals die)
    •Enormous feathered wings (typically hidden;
    and typically there's more than one pair per angel)
    •Glowing eyes (they can control when they do/do not glow)
    •Ethereal aura (there's something otherworldly about
    them that mortals can't place)
    •Telekinesis
    •One elemental power of your choice (ie. fire, water, air)
    •The ability to induce complete and utter terror in mortals.
    •They try to use their powers sparingly to avoid starting up
    chaos.
Weaknesses:

•Holy Fire listen guys I don't even watch Supernatural
    this is just the only thing that came to mind and I'm lazy.
    ...Okay maybe I watched the first season of Supernatural
    but that's it

𝔡𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔫𝔰

Traits:

•Yes, horns, sharp teeth, and a tail, but they're often
    hidden, as is their true form.
    •Fiery eyes or eyes as black as their souls
    (they can control this effect)
    •Super Strength
    •Pyrokinesis

Weaknesses:

•Holy Water
𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔢𝔯𝔞𝔳𝔢𝔫𝔰

Traits:

•Black hair
    •Black eyes
    •Shape-Shifting (into a raven) (NO full moon required)
    •Ability to grow giant black wings on their back at will
    (only during the full moon)
Weaknesses:

•None
The Grey Stuff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Rules

Postby The Grey Stuff » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:49 pm

𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖗𝖚𝖑𝖊𝖘

1.) Tess's Rules apply.
    2.) This roleplay moves relatively fast, sometimes posting up to 13 posts a day (keep in mind that each post is a few paragraphs). I've calculated the average and it is, currently, 4 posts a day. Please take this rapid pace into consideration when joining, and decide whether or not you can stay active and keep up. The fewer people I have to kick due to inactivity, the better.
    3.) Since there are limited spots, there is currently a maximum of one character per user.
    4.) If you are interested in being the murderer, PM me AFTER you have made your character. I will pick someone; only I and the murderer will know who they are, to build suspense and breed distrust in the RP.
    5.) Please use only live action face claims; no anime/animation.
    6.) This wouldn't be much of a gothic roleplay without romance. So go nuts! (within the confines of the CS Rules)
    7.) Attempt to keep genders even; ie., if you see an excess of males, make a female character, and vice versa. I appreciate it!
    8.) Keep in mind that this is an advanced/semi-lit RP. This means that I expect at least two decently sized paragraphs per post, as well as proper spelling/grammar.
    9.) Do not murder characters without express permission from the owner of the character. Also, please check with the owner of the RP (yours truly).
    10.) Make your own form.
    11.) Post all forms on the Discussion Thread.
Last edited by The Grey Stuff on Fri May 05, 2017 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Grey Stuff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Setting

Postby The Grey Stuff » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:26 pm

𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖊𝖙𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌

There are many, many rooms in the Castle, and it's easy to get lost. Here's a little guide to help you recognize where you are and find your way around.

Last edited by The Grey Stuff on Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Grey Stuff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ᴛʜᴇ ᴋɪɴɢ's ᴄᴏᴜʀᴛ ♕ closed

Postby The Grey Stuff » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:43 pm

Darcy von Eckhardt || Mad Scientist || Human || Age 25 || Form || Location: The Laboratory || Tags: Open

Darcy von Eckhardt, the Eternally Reclusive.

Locked away in his laboratory the way a doll gets locked in a toy chest, except that Master Darcy was perfectly animate, and he had put himself there of his own volition. Delicately, his hand glided over the faded parchment, illuminated by a small orb of candlelight, warmed by the heat of the black wax pooling in the glass bowl. Each droplet glimmered with the soft stain of firelight, firelight which had long been burning low; dark circles painted his pallid skin a lovely shade of sleep-deprived. He was utterly disinclined to allow himself to rest, and whenever he did, it was typically only for a few measly hours of the day. There was simply too much to do, too much to invent, and, tragically, too few hours in the day. He felt like his brain was too full, all the time, and every second that he wasn't emptying his ideas onto the page, or fashioning some new device, or mixing some new chemicals, was a second horribly wasted.

Projects half-begun and never finished covered every surface. Sometime this week, sometime next month, sometime next year, he would get around to completing them. Just not now... Later. Later. Later. Books he had taken from the library last February gathered dust under the tables, still turned to the last page he read before some shiny new bauble of a concept caught his attention instead, and drew him away from his stale obsessions. I'll finish it later.
    Later...

...Later...
    .........Later.........
    As of now, he happened to be working on a marvelous little contraption, one distillation device which was, allegedly, supposed to perform the miraculous feat of turning water into wine. All week, he had been researching the structure of molecules and atoms, how they might be rearranged to form various substances. Atoms were just building blocks, after all. If Darcy could find a way to use those water blocks to build wine, then he would have it. Unfortunately, while in theory it was an interesting idea, trying to make it a reality was a different story. Progress was slow, and already Darcy's boredom was threatening to terminate the project.

As soon as he finished writing his last thought on paper, he huffed and tapped his quill on the desk, letting out all his nervous energy. A quick glance at the clock revealed that it was around midnight. Witching hour. The vampires would surely be out and about by now; the others he wasn't certain of, and he had not cared to venture out of the confines of his lab to check.

Drawing in one more deep breath, he bent his head over his work again, determined—at least for the time being—to finish it this time.
The Grey Stuff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ᴛʜᴇ ᴋɪɴɢ's ᴄᴏᴜʀᴛ ♕ 1 slot left, started!

Postby meadow. » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:25 pm

C O R D E L I A
    tagged: darcy

It had been a long day for Cordelia. She'd checked in on Darcy in the morning... or rather, she'd tried to, seeing as he didn't answer the door. Then she'd spent a few hours in the garden, as the air outside the castle was beginning to warm up, and the grounds had received a rare few hours of sunlight. After that she tried to coax some lunch into Darcy, but he still wouldn't answer. She gave up at that point, figuring that if he needed her he'd let her know...

She wandered through the castle like a ghost. She didn't really belong where she couldn't do anything or help anyone. She tried the Library, but she couldn't focus on reading for long enough that it helped. She was listless by the time she made her way up the stairs towards Darcy's laboratory, a last ditch effort for attention before she retired for the night.

However fortunately or unfortunately, a misstep on the stairs led to a bit of a fall, tearing the stitches on her left wrist clean open. Cordelia cried out in mixed pain and surprise, holding her wrist in her free hand to keep it from dangling limply. There was no blood, since the wound was as old as the creature herself, but it ached fiercely. Cordelia's deep brown doe-eyes welled with tears, and she sniffled as she made her way carefully up the last of the steps to the door.

"Darcy?" She tried, tapping the door with her foot. She waited a minute, but heard no response.

"Please, I know you're in there. It's important, Darcy, please." Her plea gradually dissolved into pitiful whining, but she couldn't help herself.

"My wrist broke open again, it really hurts... Please help me, I need you." She was beginning to lose hope that he'd answer, and was wondering who else she could go to with such a gruesome request. It wasn't as if she could stitch it herself... Was it?
Last edited by meadow. on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meadow.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby feather_light_flight » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:13 pm

╔════════╗

L I L I T H
12/ 123- female
D A R L I N G
laboratory
V A M P I R E
cordelia

╚════════╝
Lilith had been up for several hours, dusting various corridors in the castle that hadn't been cleaned in some time. Brushing her feathery duster across a suit of armor, she heard echos from down the hall. A soft, womanly voice. Curiosity piqued, she wandered after the sound, stumbling upon Cordelia, knocking on Darcy's laboratory door. Setting her duster down, Lilith took a moment to brush the wrinkles in her doll like dress away, and approached the young creature.

"Good evening Cordelia, is something wrong?" Noting the girl's tear filled eyes, and the way she cradled her wrist, Llith's eyebrows raised as she took a step closer. "Do you need some help with that? Did your stitches come out?" Soft blue eyes focused on the torn thread, accentuated by pale skin and silken blonde hair. A small smile crept across the young vampire's face, welcoming and inviting.
feather_light_flight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paria. » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:22 pm

Elias Thorne | The Constable | Human | 24 | Location: Great Hall | Tags: Open | Mentions: Lilith, Kim Yeong-suk, Cordelia, Darcy

It was quite normal to see the Constable roaming around the castle, as if he were checking every nook and cranny for danger. The man would frequently stop next to the many guards around the castle and check to make sure everything is as it should be. One could say that he took his job of protecting the king and common folk seriously.

The cold, indifferent exterior of the Constable is off putting to most. Although, that's just the exterior, and there's much more to explore past the outside of someone. Not many get to see the softer side of the Constable, but not many made a formidable attempt at chiseling past his exterior. The Constable didn't make it easy either, for someone to get to know him. It's as if his cold exterior is protecting the other parts of him from something.

Soft footfalls exhoed throughout the empty hall, disrupting the eerie silence. The dark hair and the chocolate eyes were unmistakable, it was Elias the Constable. He moved through the hallway with familiarity and continued along the empty halls. It's not like he expected to see a crowd of people around every corner, only select people actually resided there. Elias only interacted with a few of the residents on a daily basis, such as the king and the little girl.

"Darcy?"

A familiar voice pulled him out of his thoughts and captured his attention. He almost rolled his eyes when he saw Cordelia knocking on Darcy's door. It was bad enough she seemed to hurt herself all the time in accidents, but she had also developed a distasteful whine in her voice within the last few moments he was in earshot of her. It was no surprise the little girl heard her pleas, he thought as the she asked Cordelia if she needed help. The girl always seemed to know when he was coming, and she always came up with reasons to talk to him. He could imagine her looking up at him with her innocent eyes and him just melting for her.

The thought caught him off guard, so he quickly pushed it away. He leaned against the doorway, watching the scene with interest. He had no doubts that the little girl knew exactly where he was, but he stayed anyway, which surprised him even more.
Last edited by paria. on Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
      was previously øutkast. :3
paria.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me