↘ ғᴀᴛᴇғᴜʟ ᴀʟʟɪᴇs

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Re: ↘ ғᴀᴛᴇғᴜʟ ᴀʟʟɪᴇs

Postby onion » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:13 am

effie jo / 20 / pansexual / wealth 3 / the foreigner
kingdom: nearon
tags: lauren

effie offered lauren a nod. what he said made perfect sense, though she didnt believe him one bit when he mentioned he wasnt unimpressed by her. the girl had a very deflated perspective of herself; she dyed her hair with the peonies from her small garden because she didnt like the way the brown looked, too boring. she dressed in soft colors because she was just a girl, not a queen or princess, and she wasnt fancy in any way. she rode a horse, that was about the closest she would get to being a princess.
looking back to lauren, she almost smiled at his comment, but thought it best not to. of course, she didnt want marriage either. not with him or anyone at the ballroom party, nor had she expected to dance with anyone. she furrowed her brow slightly and placed her foot to the side of his, making sure they did not collide. "i... i do not mind," effie admitted. it was true that she didnt expect this, but at least the man didnt seem to be looking down on her, at least, not exactly. "simply unexpected..." she trailed, eyes falling to his chest as she scanned his suit. the girl worried for lauren. he seemed troubled to say the least.
it was a bold step, but effie was willing to take it. puffing out her chest ever so slightly as she inhaled, she raised her voice. "are you alright?" her tone was gentle again, and she looked him in the eye this time, tilting her head up to see his face. hopefully the question wasnt too straightforward... then again, how else could she put it?
onion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby senna_ » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:42 am

──
title: the ghost xxwealth: fivexxkingdom: arkleyxxtags: effie

The music that stirred in the background was enough to implicate what Lauren's mind currently looked like. Its tune was oddly beautiful, sweet, but touching on an unfamiliar- and unwilling- side of darkness. When the soprano's voice got to a touching point, high and delightful, a deep sound wave from a more soulful instrument would take over. It suited him perfectly. Whilst he had dreaded coming to this party (and now, he realized, for a good reason), something within him had grasped at the atmosphere with an easing desire, as if really, he had missed attending such an event. However, his joy kept tipping the moment the voice in his head reminded him of his past and what was really holding him back, and he fell back into his shadowy thoughts and frets before he could reach his peak of contentedness. Though he suspected it was most likely for the best, for both him and the other person he was conversing with, really, it really was tiresome. In fact, now that Lauren really thought about it, he felt drained. He'd dismiss himself the moment the song was done and would head out. Maybe, if he got lucky, a carriage would still be around and he wouldn't have to stay at the Onryx. He had a feeling he was going to be miserable the following morning, and being around a bunch of strangers- with disregard to his one friend here, Royce- wouldn't help him at all.

His brow quirked at her quiet confession. Though Effie was a petite thing, and she wouldn't have caught his eye without him having former connections to her due to the mask and the large amount of people in the room, Lauren had been observing with Louise long enough to feel as though he would have caught a good glimpse of her outfit. It was not the boldest colour in the room, which was good, because the bright colours always looked very out of place, it was a brighter pink than most of the pink gowns in the room. It was a pretty choice of fashion, too, and while Lauren was not a fashion expert, especially when it came to women, he was almost positive he would have remembered the dress. "I do not recall seeing you with a man on this floor until now," he mused. Surely if she was indeed okay with the arrangement, she'd be okay with marriage, and would have therefore been seeking out potential options beforehand, right? That's what most ladies did, anyway, especially because there were far too many men like himself who didn't often see people for who they were until they made the first approach. For some reason, though, Lauren also couldn't see Effie openly approaching a man. She was sweet, there was no doubt about it, but evidently shy, and it seemed as though there were a lot of, well, loud people here. That would most certainly be a bit discouraging.

He felt bad, though, the guilt forming a puddle in the pit of his stomach. If she didn't mind what was happening, she was okay with finding love, and Lauren wouldn't be able to openly offer her that. If she so wished, though, he supposed he could see if there was someone who was willing to find a wife as much as she wished for a husband. Surely he was not the only one in this room that had a reason to avoid marriage. "I'm quite alright, Miss Jo, just fatigued," he responded. His eyes lingered on her once again. "Based on my assumption, and correct me if I am wrong, but you are open for marriage, yes? Surely your parents must be here, then."
'senna_x.xshe/herx'.x'est'x.x'adultx'.x'soc student
─────────────────────────────
hey all, i'm senna! i'm a young adult,full-time university
student, and a writer with a spontaneous muse :') i'm
most likely to be caught napping, thinking about plots
i'll probably never write, or hyper fixating on the late
st paranormal podcast <3

'hufflepuff'.''leo''.''cat mom'.''researcher'.''my misfits
senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby poppyxoxo » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:30 am

ARETHA - tagging: Lucien

DANIEL - tagging Louise

Daniel did not want to find out what would happen if anyone refused their dancing partner. Obviously nothing too extravagant but he still decided not to take any chances. Despite everyone's clear distaste, no one seemed to have an outright issue with having a dance with a stranger. He was sure that they all expected to have been doing so, anyways. Perhaps the current circumstances ruined it for some of them, however. Daniel wasted no time in bidding goodbye to his new friend before making his way over to the line of ladies. He quickly went over the order of names in his head and located Louise, a very pretty women with soft but distinctive features. He could not complain about his dance partner and was actually quite happy to be dancing with such company. "I don't think it would be necessarily smart if we did that, but it is a good idea to conscious of the exits.

AMBROSE - tagging: Annalise

Ambrose tried to register just what had happened in the past ten minutes, his hazel eyes widened in complete and utter shock. From the crowd he quickly deduced that they had not consented to this just as Ambrose had not. Surely if his parents knew about this sort of trap they would not have allowed him to go. They believed in marriage on your own terms, just as Ambrose always thought that was the right way. A serge of anger swelled into his chest. Although Ambrose had never really been introduced to these sorts of luxuries, he would never imagined he could be facing such a set up. He was absolutely sure that if everyone had been asked then there would be a much more positive response rather than outright rage. Out of the corner of Ambrose's eye he could see the announcer ushering ladies into an ordered line, along with his partner who appeared to be rather aggravated. Ambrose decided that conversations could wait until after at least one dance and quickly stepped up to Annalise. "I'll take it from here sir" Ambrose spoke to the announcer, offering a quick nod of thanks. He then turned to Annalise and held out a hand, wondering if she'd take it. Annalise was a well dressed women and her sharp but beautiful features suggested a witty personality. He had seen her a few times around the ball and could quite clearly see the grace she walked with. He was sure her dancing skills would be nothing less than well stepped and secretly knew that she would lead a dance any day if she really wanted to. "Greetings Miss Purcell, I am Ambrose. Care for a dance?".
Last edited by poppyxoxo on Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
poppyxoxo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AlphaOfThePack21 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:58 am

[quote="AlphaOfThePack21"]
19||Female||Demisexual||Wealth: 2||Nearon||Paired: Kristoff Monette||Tags: Kristoff
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Elizabeth watched as the men who were called up along with their own names approached the women who lined up. She narrowed her eyes slightly as she watched each woman go off to dance with their forced partner. It was sickening, but she would wait to cause too much of a ruckus until after the royal's eyes were not near and watching. She already caused enough problems for her mother when she was growing up, but it was never enough to bring in the attention of the royals. So she will play along...at least a little for now.

Her eyes landed on the man in front of her, it was like a lioness looking at her prey. They could pierce someone if that was possible. She wasn't intimidated in the least by this man. And she would not be one to hide in his shadow. She tried to bite her tongue but the words flew out of her mouth when he spoke her name. "Unfortunately," she responded as she continued eye contact with him. "I suppose that makes you Kristoff Monette." She stated. It wasn't a question, it was obvious the only man who would approach her would be the unfortunate male who was paired with her. Almost all the other men were turned down for a dance with her.

She spared no formalities to him, hoping this would make her less appealing. "I don't really have much of a choice now do I?" she said with a smile. It wasn't loud enough for anyone to hear but him. She took a few steps closer to him and linked her arm within his so he could lead her to the floor where they would dance. "Quite the turn of events...seems the royals enjoy using us as their playthings. Simply here to make sure they don't screw up again and cause a war. You would think we are the ones in charge of the kingoms. Do you not?" she looked to him with the question, simply speaking her mind to him, the words were hushed so only he would be able to hear once again. She would show him she is not going to play pretend. When it would come time, she will have no issues voicing her opinion to the crowns.

21||Male||Heterosexual||Wealth: 9||Arkley||Paired: Kassandra DeMarks||Tags: Kassandra

Theo had now turned his attention to the woman in front of him, though his mind was still worried for Annie. But he hid it well. This was an interesting turn of events, how would the royals think that something like this would work? When nearly all women want to marry for love or riches. He couldn't see a pattern either. It wasn't like only the wealthy were being paired it was the higher and lower class, randomly paired. Did they even take into consideration if some would clash? Personality-wise. He didn't know everyone well enough to answer that.

He nodded lightly to her question. "Yes. And you are Miss DeMarks. It's a pleasure to meet you." he said. "It would be an honor to be able to have this dance with you, M'lady," he spoke as he put his hand out for her. Though it's not like they really have a choice in the matter, the crown asked for them to dance so that is what should happen. Without question. Though was no one really questioning it? Because he was, slightly. Though Kassandra is a beautiful young woman and probably has a personality to match, he does not know her at all, let alone have any romantic feelings or interests for her. Is that how everyone else felt? Or were they simply going to abide by the wishes of the crown? Surely if they kept the borders open to visit each other, he was sure some from each kingdom would end up doing exactly what they are trying to force upon the group. So why rush things? What was really going on? What were they hiding?

20||Female||Heterosexual||Wealth: 8||Arkley||Paired: Corrin Elmer||Tags: Corrin

The hug that Royce gave her lingered, made her felt seen, heard even. Even though she had spoken no words. It left this warm feeling, his words gave reassurance. Find me... the words repeated in her head. He had calmed her, just a little and made her feel a little more at ease. Still even with how she felt she still remained calm and collected on the outside. Surely the person who is paired with her feels at least a little bit like she does. Right?

There was still a great amount of anxiety swirling in her chest, she still felt a bit lightheaded. And if her hands weren't secured to the front of her you could surely see they had a slight tremor. Questions flooded her head as she had waited for the man who is named Corrin Elmer. Did her parents know about this arrangement? Is that why none of her siblings came to the event? Her sister already being courted by a young man who was wealthy and fair to the eyes. But he was the kind who liked to clip womens wings, tell them what they could and couldn't do or be. He was ugly on the inside. All but one of her brothers were either married already or in the works of getting there. So why...was she the only one sent here tonight? Did her parents know of her friendship with Royce and this was the punishment? What did she do so wrong?

As her mind was occupied a man approached her, causing her to come out of the fog. She curtsied to him, offering a very small smile. "I am, please feel free to call me Fleur," she explained as she now looked at the man. Brown hair, brown eyes. He was quite good-looking, if they had met under different circumstances maybe Fleur might've befriended the fellow. But right now all she could think about was how she was expected to try and work marriage with this man. "I...suppose we shouldn't disappoint," she said as she referred to the dance. She put her hand out for him to take. She could see two were already dancing, they looked....comfortable. But maybe that was just how they wanted to be seen, at least in front of the royals.
AlphaOfThePack21

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby onion » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:13 pm

effie jo / 20 / pansexual / wealth 3 / the foreigner
kingdom: nearon
tags: lauren

effies reasons for attending were shadowed with dark threats from the kingdoms orphanage. if she were to not attend, it was possible all financing she received would be cut off. that just wasnt a risk she was willing to take... she smiled politely in laurens direction. 'miss jo' wasnt something she heard offen, so she shook her head ever so slightly.
"just effie, please," the girl said. but the brooding thoughts returned. "marriage... no, i cannot say i am truly interested..." she looked down again. if what the man said was true, then she was to marry this man before her. would that make effie happy? 'no,' she said internally, and the smile faded. she was barely twenty years of age, it was time to live her life to the fullest and have fun, not feel bogged down by a man trying to control her, though lauren did not seem the type.
effie, now frowning, continued to move with him. fatigued? that didnt seem to be all that was on his mind- it might even be a lie for all she knew, but effie was no detective. "if you feel the same... you are free to leave me now. our duty's been fulfilled." this was said in a firm but shaky tone, and she looked back at him as he eyed her. something about him was... off. strange, perhaps. of course itd be quite lame to say he just wasnt like the other guys, but it was true. he seemed softer than the rest. offhandedly effie wondered his wealth. while it didnt matter much to her, when she looked around, it seemed the pairings were made based upon it. again, looking back to him... he was different, in fact.
"...but ill admit, that would sadden me. i quite enjoyed our dance," said effie as she forced another tiny smile.
onion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby senna_ » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:16 pm

──
age: twentyxxgender: femalexxwealth: ninexxkingdom: nearonxxtags: ambrose

Annalise felt numb. Her heart was pounding, her blood was racing, but her skin prickled, and she felt like her mind was suddenly in a completely different body. The body of a statue, perhaps; she showed one thing on the outside, but nothing but coldness and instability piled up on the inside. She had no reason to feel anger towards the man that was to dance with her, but her brain was moving far too quickly and evidently overthinking things way too much for her to simply forgive everything that was going to happen the second he made an appearance. It was a bad habit of Annie's, bundling up her troubles until they splurged out of her the second she opened her mouth, but it seemed she had no other choice in her current scenario. What was she to do, anyway? She had no siblings or parents that she could rush and sob off to, she couldn't flee from the building because there were guards at the door. Shedding a tear would start something unnecessary, and storming off in rage would be a disgrace to her family. Her tongue was dry, and swallowing was even harder. She still could not get her breathing to fall into a repetitive pattern.

Though her body did not move, not even an inch, her eyes shifted in another direction. Theodore was standing close to what appeared to be a pretty woman (it was hard to determine too much due to the masquerade masks). She felt for him; not only an hour ago had she teased him about finding a wife, and now here they were. She felt awful. He had made it fairly clear that he did not want to yet wed, and although unlike herself, for the most part, he would always have the final say in marriage, he was still forced to spend some time with someone he didn't know. Annalise hadn't seen Aretha, with the exception of their brief encounter minutes ago, in ages and therefore was not too sure what her friend felt in terms of speaking of marriage. Surely, though, this was not the way she wished to go. Though Annalise suspected this most likely was not the best way to solve the conflict between two kingdoms- how long was this really going to last anyway?- and it probably was not official, especially since, in reality, they really didn't have the proper consent, it still felt awful to have to at least pretend to be overjoyed. On the contrary, though, it would only be for one dance. Annie wouldn't really have to say much more to this man after tonight, right? At the end of the day, it was her parents that were to give her away; they had to approve of whatever man she brought back, and she knew instantly that they wouldn't approve of anyone chosen by an arranged marriage that went behind her back. So, in all honesty, now that she had come to her senses, Annalise was not too worried.

Taking a steady breath, feeling a bit better about herself, she rolled her tense shoulders back and fixed her posture. There, that felt a bit better. She had nearly managed to convince her that everything was okay when a man in a black mask and a pleasingly navy blue suit stepped up in front of her. Her smile, once charming, faltered, as things suddenly became a reality yet again. Her emerald eyes stared blankly at him, daring him to make one wrong move. Though a frown had begun to play at whatever was left of her smile, visibly attempting to tense up her features once again, anyone with half a decent sense knew it was more so because of the entirety of the situation, rather than the gentleman that stood before her. Usually, Annalise was a pro when it came to men, specifically when they approached her out of the blue; she'd been properly trained how to act sweet and charming and absolutely dashing when in the presence of her mother. However, not only was her mother absent from the party, but Annalise was so taken aback by what was happening that she could no longer stomach a glittery smile.

"I do not believe I have much of a choice, Mr. Carter," she responded. Her tone was a bit bitter, reasonably so, but still touched weakly on her usual sarcasm. It wasn't nearly as flavourous as it was when she was at her most contented peak, which was usually only with her friends or loved ones, but it was enough for him to hopefully get the idea that she really wasn't being cold to him. Reluctant, yes, for Annalise felt she had done an awfully good job at avoiding anything to do with romance up until now, and she suddenly felt like she'd failed her task miserably. Mother and father have to approve of the man overall, she reminded herself as she lightly placed the fingertips of her gloved hand on his own. They would never approve of this situation, you mustn't worry. Her eyes skimmed over him. His clothes were not dirty, though well-cared for, and she could tell they weren't created specifically for him; it wasn't something many of her siblings could point out, but Annie had spent far too much time eyeing the outfits of those at the balls she practically grew up in than the faces of the guests themselves. Her parents hosted a dance every weekend, she really could not help it! He seemed clean, though, apart from the slight scar that was planted on his temple; she was sure that was only noticeable when his hair was gelled back, like it was now. The mask always made it difficult to get a good idea of who the person was. She supposed- with a reluctant sigh in the back of her mind- that she'd have to use words to figure that out. She hoped he was a chatter, for Annie really was quite the introvert when it came to strangers. "I hope you enjoy dancing, Mr. Carter. It seems our guests have gone for a waltz tonight."

──────

──
age: twenty-twoxxgender: malexxwealth: fivexxkingdom: arkleyxxtags: effie

It seemed Lauren was having difficulties avoiding the balls of surprise that kept getting thrown in his direction. What kind of party was this? The few ones he'd attended and actually stayed at whilst by Rhonda's side did not have nearly as much variety as this one. Not only was there a large amount of comfortable diversity, for both he and Effie Jo were brilliant examples, but everything was so broad. When Lauren attended a dance with Rhonda, the people were usually a comfortable lower wealth; they had businesses of their own and could afford a good tailoring to their outfits, but did not often own fancy mansions far too large for the size of their family. They were never dirt-poor, but never rich enough to own half of whatever city or town they lived in. In all honesty, Lauren was surprised to note that there seemed to be a little bit of everything inside the Onryx. The Onryx was so prestigious, of such upper-class, yet the Royals didn't seem to have an issue letting anyone in. Did the Kings themselves even decide who was coming? There was a very, very slim chance they actually had anything to do with this, which is why Lauren found his suspicions based around the reasoning of this marriage concept so high. He did understand if it was for reproduction reasons, for the number of children produced had declined rapidly in some cities, but to keep the two kingdoms together in their faulty alliance? That sounded like something a child who had yet to reach double-digits would say. He wondered if there was more to it than what was being revealed.

He tuned back into the moment as Effie's soft, musical voice rang out yet again. He liked the way she spoke, it didn't seem to edge on his nerves; some women thought soft speaking was a way to seduce or really get to know what men were hiding, but Effie's was genuine. In fact, the little voice suited her rather well, Lauren decided. It was quite cute, really. "If you insist, then I will go by Effie," he told her with a slight nod, feeling a strong sense of deja-vu happening. "I will admit, though, that it isn't often that I refer to a woman of their primary name, for things are really strict in my community, so I do give my pardons well in advance if I do slip up." He gave her a small, rare smile at that, showing he was being truthful with his words. First names meant more intimacy, and Lauren wasn't trying to go any further than business-talk. He admittedly was rather shy of his vulnerable side and tried to avoid it as best he could; those emotions were what lost his father, after all. Those and his stupid errors of a child, and even into adulthood.

He inhaled deeply yet again. She wasn't going to give up; her dismissive words were reluctant, as if they were bothersome to say. Lauren didn't wish to be sharp with her, for she held too much innocence for him to be frank, but he was genuinely starting to feel uncomfortable. "Miss Jo," he began steadily, before tilting his head, "Effie, do know that it is not you that is upsetting me. I, too, find your company quite appealing, even if little has been said. And whilst I wish not to get personal, especially not on a night like tonight, I must admit that marriage-" he winced while speaking that word, "-is not something that is a positive factor in my family. It isn't to say we Shaws do not appreciate marriage, but it has been... rough." That was a good way of putting it, yes? Marriage hadn't ever been about love in his bloodline, but status and economics. Lauren had wondered before if that would have been able to change if he hadn't spoken his vow, for their wealth had dropped astronomically and he really had no reason to seek out money the way his father had. He was happy with his position and knew what he had was enough to support a woman if he so chose to bring one in. But he couldn't break a promise. That was completely unethical, was it not? "And I fear that if I accept that with open arms, I will only bring the bad luck along with me." His gaze grew softer, though he wasn't sure she could tell with the dark mask across his features. "And with that being said, I do not want to hold you back. I do not care what that man has said, you are not obligated to marry me, nor anyone else, if you don't wish to."
st paranormal podcast <3

senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby poppyxoxo » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:56 pm

AMBROSE - tagging: Annalise 10

Ambrose stood patiently, waiting for Annalise to decided upon what she wanted to do although she did not have much of a choice. He allowed his eyes to dart away from a few moments to make sure that the announcer had not approached them in an attempt to usher them more quickly towards the dance floor. If that were to happen, Ambrose's words wouldn't be nearly as calm although he did not wish to appear to be a fool in front of Annalise. Ambrose had no plans of intercepting Annalise if she decided not to take his hand but he quickly noticed she was preparing herself for the dance by calming herself down. Ambrose was quite sure that if wanted to, Miss Purcell could crush his hand out of pure disgust and rage. He himself was not pleased in the lack of consent that the hosts obviously felt they did not need to collect. He wasn't sure how people would have reacted if they knew but he was almost certain it wouldn't have been a shocked response.

Ambrose himself felt increased anxiety now that he had more weight pressing on his shoulders, pressuring him to not make a mistake, to not make one wrong move. Although he was in no rush to find love, he certainly did not want to ruin his chances of ever finding a pair. He couldn't even believe what he was thinking or rather what was forcing him to think these things. Never in Ambrose's life had he expected something as tricky as this. Although on the outside he was able to keep himself composed, inside it seemed every nerve in Ambrose's body was going off their end, causing him to feel cold despite his normal body temperature. Despite the gentle but magnificent sounds of the music in the background, Ambrose could hear his own heart in his ears; his blood pumping hard to accommodate the heightened speed. It was ridiculous. This evening should not have been causing anyone negative emotion but in the span of a few seconds the night had been ruined despite the hosts need for the night to carry on. He did not know what possessed them to do such a thing. Ambrose wouldn't call this night luck although his first masquerade ball had turned out to be a match making service. Surely the two kingdoms could have been more thoughtful to how they decided to strengthen the alliances?

Ambrose returned his gaze to Annalise and already felt pressure. He instantly knew from the way her eyes seemed to test him that if he even appeared to be doing the wrong thing, she would explode. He did not want to find out what it was like to be on the receiving line of her anger. Although Ambrose was still in the mood to offer genuine compliments, he did not suppose that Annalise would be taking any, given the clear mistrust that she carried, especially now. "That is fair" she agreed when Miss Purcell finally spoke, overlooking the bitter tone in her voice. He wasn't surprised actually and knew she didn't do it on purpose. He held Annalise's hand with a gentle firmness, taking in his mothers advice on how to handle a dancing partner. "Ah, a good waltz. Do you prefer them" he asked, leading Annalise towards the dance floor.
poppyxoxo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby senna_ » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:24 pm

──

There was a tense moment of silence between the two of them as Annalise waited for Ambrose to take her hand in return. Though she knew the way to address the female partner and take them to the dance floor as well as she knew the back of her own hand, she didn't bother pushing that on him. He could take all the time in the world; for all she knew, he didn't want to be by her side. And given the way his eyes barely met hers, Annalise was almost one hundred percent certain that her cheeky sarcasm had flown right over his head and her flushed cheeks implied that she was angry. Angry at him. Perhaps he was one of the few people that was eager about this whole arranged marriage idea, and was unable to understand that it wasn't that easy for everyone, especially for those that came from a fairly strict family, much like herself. Although she had no way of confirming this without he himself saying it aloud, of course, Annie was often quick to jump to conclusions like so, and it was often difficult to think otherwise if she wasn't set straight by those she was suspicious of. She kept an eye on him as he turned towards the dance floor, which had begun to get a bit more crowded once again. Was he in a rush to get away from her? She had to admit, that hurt her a bit. She did not know the man, but getting the sense that he didn't want to be anywhere near her wasn't doing her already-large amount of displeasure much good.

Annie wondered how he'd be on his feet. The men she'd danced with in the past were either incredible dancers, or incredibly embarrassing partners. Annalise knew a good handful of different sorts of dances, for she'd had lessons since the time she could walk, but not everyone was given that opportunity. Dancing, though, was a big joy for her, and she wasn't too sure how interested she could become in a man who despised it. That thought was almost disturbing- she was actually thinking about potential husbands. She supposed that thought came along because her parents' near-threat was no longer lingering in the back of her mind, but hanging in the front, unwilling to give her the opportunity to swerve around it, now that this marriage comment had been released out into the open. She was of age, it was going to have to happen eventually. It was just tragic; Annie wasn't ready to give up her freedom.

"Oh, no," she responded to Ambrose's question, her voice quivering, on the verge of somewhat amused laughter. She had to remind herself that he didn't know her and therefore wouldn't know why she found that question ironic. She cleared her throat. "I much prefer a good galopede; it's exciting and lively. But I suppose a waltz is not the last of my choices. Do you dance much, sir?" Unlike some, Annie didn't find it awkward to step closer to the stranger for the dance, since it was basically what she had grown up doing. She was curious to see if he was as bold as she was.

Unfortunately, he wasn't giving away much. In fact, his eyes kept flickering elsewhere, either because he was distracted or because he did not wish to look her in the eye. For whatever reason, yet again, that felt like a slap to the face. Was she that unpleasing to the eye? What bad assumptions had he already made about her? "Mr. Carter," she finally sighed. Annie hadn't jumped to the settlement of claiming this man to be her husband, for, even if for whatever crazy reason she did manage to fall madly in love with him, the overall decision was made by her parents, but she was beginning to feel a bit discouraged by his wandering gaze. Her tongue snaked between her lips, and she heaved yet another sigh, as if that would catch his attention for merely a solid second or two. "I understand the circumstances most likely aren't what you'd expected, and the scenario that played out certainly was not what I had in mind either, but please, I'd quite appreciate it if you even faked your enthusiasm for just one dance." Her lips pursed and a brow raised to show him she was being serious. "It does not make a lady feel very welcomed when her dance partner is looking everywhere but at her." She raised her chin, a smile shocking her lips for nothing more than a second or two. "I understand completely if you have no interest in me, and I will do as I can to find a lovely woman to meet your standards, but do try to pretend for just a few more minutes. Then you will never have to see me again."
st paranormal podcast <3

senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby poppyxoxo » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:09 pm

AMBROSE - tagging: Annalise

"I have heard of those dances and I had the pleasure of seeing my mother teach some of the young girls in my village. When times become rough, we do as much as we can to keep our village afloat. Whereas I do not dance much, which is a shame as I love it despite never truly experiencing it" he explained, feeling slightly sheepish. Ambrose's eyes widened slightly with embarrassment as the pair made their way towards the dancefloor to which he then gently place his other hand in its rightful place. Although he had never done a waltz in public with a perfect stranger, he felt confident in his determination. After all, his mother's lessons would not go to waste especially if he could help it. When he took in Annalise's words, her voice showing seriousness and hurt he quickly grew embarrassed but carried on. "I am terribly sorry about that, Miss Purcell, I really am. I had noticed the announcer was being rather pushy towards you and so I wanted to keep a quick eye on him before moving to the dancefloor" he explained, his voice genuine yet quite for the privacy of their own conversation. "Please understand, my excitement is genuine. I have never actually danced with a stranger, especially one so well presented and naturally beautiful". His eyes held a glint of guilt. Yes, this night had begun with a rough start but only because of his nerves, as Annalise would understand. "Oh Miss Purcell, you exceed my standards. You are actually one of the most polite yet independent ladies I have had the pleasure to speak with. It would be a shame if we never spoke again" he assured his dance partner.
poppyxoxo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby senna_ » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:08 pm

──

Annalise watched him curiously as he opened his mouth to speak. She was surprised, actually, by how open he appeared to be. Though it was evident he was not dirt poor, he openly revealed that he came from a town of less money than, say, her own city; it wasn't spoken about directly, but it was hinted at well. "I suppose that must be nice," she mused, rolling his words over in her mind. She paid extra attention to her steps, careful not to turn things around and become the lead, especially after he'd mentioned he was not much of a dancer. Although the man didn't seem to be the type to get easily flustered, at least not from what he revealed so far, Annalise knew that wealthy parents would frown upon noticing that a lady was leading a man, especially in a waltz. She held back.

Her sharp gaze attempted to peak around his body to take in the sight of the man in dark colours. Though she didn't feel unsafe being in his presence, for he really did not publicallt reveal any creepy character traits, she reckoned the thought Ambrose had was nice. "I suspect he was simply doing his job, getting everyone ready to make things move smoother," she deliberated a moment later. "But thank you, Mr. Carter, I do appreciate that."

A smile, small though genuine, played at her lips, and she cursed her parents for normalising compliments. Part of her wished she took them in as seriously as she supposed one should, but she'd met far too many men and had been told way too many times to smile and carry on to truly mull over what was said. She wished she had been taught how to return compliments, too. Maybe she'd be more approachable they way. Perhaps Aretha could help her on that matter.

"You're flattering, Mr. Carter," she hummed. "You-" And she clamped her mouth shut before she could say anything more. She was about to do what she always did whenever she felt a bit uncomfortable with the warmness in the pit of her stomach- she was ready to fish him off to another lady. It happened far too often, for Annie was squirmish when it came to anything in regard to compliments, with the exception of her artwork. Far too worried she'd fall, she pushed them away. More often than not, she was successful, but now, she was stuck. None of her siblings were here, so Annalise couldn't introduce him to any of them, and Aretha now had her hands full with that Lucien What's-His-Last-Name. She supposed she couldn't do it regardless, given the strange announcement made, no matter if it was true or not. Annie sighed through her nose, collecting herself. "Pardon my dwelling. I'm rather surprised you haven't danced much; you're light on your feet." Her eyes lingered on him, contemplating on whether or not she should let more of her sarcasm slip. Her mother called it unlady-like, unattractive, and though Annalise played around with it often, she avoided it in public events like so, with the exception of the private moments she snuck in with close friends. "Well, Mr. Carter," she settled on, her tone somewhat cheeky, "you must have luck on your side, for, if I am not mistaken, we have no choice but to spend the next few days in this dreadfully tiny house." Her tone was audibly sarcastic with those last few words, then she paused for a second, changing the subject before his words could get any more mushy. She would be lying if she said she didn't like the attention every now and then, but Annie didn't want to seem too self-centered. "You said your mother aided the young dancers in your town? Does she have any more children, or just yourself?"
st paranormal podcast <3

senna_

My pets
My items