⋆ manhattan twenty-six ⋆

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

⋆ clarence three ⋆

Postby braunkatt » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:06 pm

𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐏𝐎𝐒xxxxxxlocation: briefing roomxxxxxxtagged: soleda and toby

clarence hung his head, delighted to see toby nodding in his peripheral vision, a small smile plastered across his face. "that's relieving to hear," he exhaled sharply, matching toby's grin. his eyes darted over to a familiar figure, soleda was making her way to meet the two. “a car. laura and eli get a murder case, ace and andre get a missing child, nope, we get a car,” she huffed, disappointment fuming in the ventilated air." clarence stifled in response, a low chuckling escaping from his lips.

"you gotta start somewhere," clarence began, "even if it's a case about a stolen car. i can recall my training days, it only gets better from here." he crossed his legs, preparing for his impromptu speech. "gives you something to be excited for, right?" the sergeant's eyes rolled towards his two trainees, patiently awaiting their response. he was anticipating the two's progress as detectives in the newly assigned case. after all. this case would give clarence the time and day to let a little loose: considering it's not a murder. he was ecstatic to guide the two in the adventures and tales of being in the manhattan police force, even start with a small case made huge steps toward the trust built with the people of manhattan and the police force.

"i cannot tell you the amount of times i've been handed over what the rest did not, but that is to come with being a rookie. you work your way up," the sergeant spoke from the heart, his hand resting by his mug of coffee. "and eventually, you'll be the top dog. patience is a virtue."
braunkatt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ⋆ Three // Archie ⋆

Postby Crookedleaf » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:38 am

𝓐𝓻𝓬𝓱𝓲𝓮 𝓗𝓸𝓵𝓶𝓮𝓼
Age: 28xxRole: DetectivexxLocation: briefing roomxxTagged:Cora
────────────────────────────────────────────────

Archie nodded, knowing that Soleda's excuse wasn't bullet proof, but he agreed anyways. " You're probably right there," Archie let out a small laugh before adding," I'll think of something! She is all about what I do for a living so." He trailed off letting her leave so she could talk about her case thinking to himself, I better go talk about my own case!

Archie made his way over to Cora and he quickly found a seat next to her, leaning into it. He took another a sip of his Monday coffee, his nose scrunching up slightly before saying,"This coffee will probably be the death of me some day...I-I would recommend it to anyone," He laughs softly,"Leaving the topic of my terrible health, how about our case!"
Crookedleaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⋆ two ⋆

Postby འབྲོག་ཁྱི » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:06 pm

┌───────────────────┐
    ⤜──────→ 𝐋𝐚𝐮𝐫𝐚 𝐁𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐲
    Det. Bailey she/her Cora, Elliot briefing room form wc; 299

└───────────────────┘

Laura smiled warmly at Cora's sentiment. "Doesn't take a detective to see that I've missed you too," she chuckled, before nodding. "Agreed, you don't want to get into trouble on your first day back, Detective Thatcher." As Jonah began his recital of the assigned cases, Laura settled into one of the unoccupied chairs to hear what Manhattan had in store for the twenty-sixth precinct today. While being assigned to a murder investigation was always rather thrilling, there were many complicated and sensitive parts that the detectives had to deal with: relatives, fragile evidence, questionings.. One slip in policy and you could bring the entire case tumbling down. In a way, it must have contributed to the excitement that many detectives experienced.

As soon as they were dismissed, Laura turned around in her chair to find wherever Detective Farwell had planted his bird-loving bottom. It didn't take long for her eyes to land on the brown-haired man in the small briefing room. She stood up and made her way over to him to avoid her words being lost in the rising chatter. Leaning over his desk, she started: "Should we begin by visiting the victim's apartment? Question some neighbours?" She glanced quickly at the short list of notes that she had taken during the briefing. "You don't think she had a butler?" Laura grinned, unable to maintain a straight face. She had made the same joke copious times before, but it was always a great way to break the ice on a new case, and to try and ease the strain that came with dealing with these incidents. Some detectives might've found it distasteful, but it was never the intention to insult the victim when it came to humor in the precinct - for many, it was a valuable coping method.
འབྲོག་ཁྱི

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

𝙤'𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙤𝙧 // 𝙞𝙞𝙞

Postby jacewy » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:24 am

𝙏𝙊𝘽𝙔 𝙊'𝘾𝙊𝙉𝙉𝙊𝙍』▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    detective in training | 23 | where: briefing room | tags: clarence, soleda

HIS LEG STOPPED BOUNCING AS SOLEDA ARRIVED. Toby shifted his glance from the ground in front of him, to his fellow trainee, who sat herself promptly beside him. “A car. Laura and Eli get a murder case, Ace and Andre get a missing child, nope, we get a car.” A quick exhale of annoyance left Soleda's mouth, and before Toby could make a remark, though he really couldn't think of one, Sergeant Campos cut in to remark: You gotta start somewhere, even if it's a case about a stolen car. I can recall my training days, it only gets better from there. Gives you something to be excited for, right?" Clarance paused, and Toby momentarily wondered what was going through his head as his eyes shifted as he stopped his talking, but it wasn't too long before Campos started up again: "I cannot tell you the amount of times I've been handed over what the rest did not, but that is to come with being a rookie. You work your way up, and ecentually, you'll be the top dog. Patience is a virtue."

O'Connor nodded as Campos spoke, and Toby had to admit, he agreed with the Sergeant thoroughly. His words settled in his mind, and he appreciated the Sergeant's comments. And though he did not say it out loud, he wasn't expecting a fancy case as a trainee anyway, and what he especially did not say out loud, was that he enjoyed the idea of the case of the stolen car. The theft presented some sort of warm-up, and a somewhat calm, in police case terms, that was, for the start of the week.
Either way, the trainee was excited to start anything, so he really didn't have a preference in this moment.

Toby started to suggest that since everyone was here, that they could go and start the case, but he struggled to put his words together, as his mind also jumbled to suggest that he'd say something about Campos' words, as he had appreciated them, but instead, he couldn't piece it together fast enough, and he ended up simply remarking. "Sergeant, we have everyone here. Unless I'm missing something, would it be alright if we went to start the case by now?" The trainee hesitated after he spoke, thinking over his words while waiting for a response. I should've said something about what he said, should've I? Toby thought nervously, his eyebrows furrowing as he frowned.
jacewy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me