c r o w n o f i m m o r t a l i t y

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

✦✧ kadlin of dragons -- master gunner {4}

Postby The Alpha » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:29 am

✦✧ KADLIN"OF DRAGONS"ADDAMS ✦✧
-----ᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ ɢᴜɴɴᴇʀ-----

┏--------------- ⊰ ✦✧ ⊱ ---------------┒
"The seas be ours and by the powers...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gender ⊱ Female
Age ⊱ 20 Years
Sexual Orient ⊱ Hetero
Location ⊱ Main Deck
Mentioned ⊱ ~~
Tags ⊱ Hugo
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
...where we will, we'll roam."
┗--------------- ⊰ ✧✦ ⊱ ---------------┙
Her eyes were not decieved as he did his best to hide the discomfort he was feeling from his leg. Kadlin merely blinked at his words before looking him over again, her arms moving to corss over her chest as she shifted her weight onto her other leg, the movement effortless and without hesitation. "I would say "long enough" just as any man with good sense would say 'long enough". Anyone in their right mind would at least try and seek a cure for a cripling aliment such as this." It was still rather curious to her as to why he had let himself live this long with such a pain as this without seeking attenion for it. Perhaps it was a large part of his past? A kind of aliment that had taught him a lesson, one that he did not want to forget agian. In that sense, Kadlin could understand as she herself had had some things that she held on to to be sure she never made that same mistake again. But then again, those "things" were just that - items. Not injuries to the body.

She narrowed her icy eyes curiously, her British-accented voice filled with questioning and curiosity in the sliver of emotion that was allowed to be heard, "And it is truly "fine" to you as you say? Your posture says otherwise and while it may fool most...to any with a trained eye, it would be rather easy to see through." Still, she did admire the effort.
It was his own kind of facade like her own was and so she could respect that. Which is why she added quickly, her tone returning to its normal stoic sound, "Honestly, I have no reason to pry into such business of yours. I'm only following orders. those being of the Quarter Master who would like you to visit Algernon and see about getting you leg mended if possible." Kadlin shuffled back a step, releasing her crossed arms as a way of showing she was willing to just let the subject go and move on, her curious expression replaced with her stoic nature. "That's all, really." And that rang true for it was not in her nature to really try and pry into another's secrets. That would make her a bit of a hypocrite after all.
The Alpha

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

c r o w n o f i m m o r t a l i t y

Postby serpentine. » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:38 pm

JAMES NORRINGTON
ranking first mate ⚓ location upper deck ⚓ tagged Kadlin, Hugo

pirate. James was an early waker, preferring to get up earlier than the rest of the crown's crew. So at the first sight of dawn James was up and dressed, his sword at his hip, ready for the bustling activity of the day. Minutes later he was standing on the upper deck, his arms leaning on the railing as he looked down at the small, tossing waves that slapped against the lower half of the boat. His green eyes kept darting to the compass he held in one hand before returning to the waves, teeth biting his lower lip. It was when dawn began to show it colour more than it had when he had first awaken that the ship became alive, his crewmates bustling around the ship doing their daily activities, preparing to dock. It was not much later when all of his crewmates save for the captain had arrived on the crown's main deck, and he straightened his stiff, hunched posture, turning away from the waves and the sea to let his green eyes survey those around him.

pirate. In the corner of his eye James saw the Quartermaster Skyris head below deck, the cabin boy William and the surgeon Algernon talking between each other, and the Master Gunner Kadlin in conversation with Hugo, the Carpenter. A faint trace of a smile curled the First Mate's lips as he strode over to where Hugo and Kadlin were standing, giving a slight, small smile to each of them in greeting, his expression returning to its stoic, unfeeling expression when he spoke. "Kadlin, Hugo. A pleasure to see you two up and about" He realized that the British accent and politeness had yet to fade from the way he spoke and the way he acted. Not that that was necessarily a bad thing.
serpentine.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: c r o w n o f i m m o r t a l i t y

Postby Alkhatine » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:22 pm

𝔥𝔲𝔤𝔬
Carpenter :: Location - Main deck :: Tags - Kadlin, James

Hugo eyed the Master Gunner as she spoke, noting the easy way she moved. He remembered being able to move with confidence like she was doing now. In all honesty, he'd never seriously considered the possibility of seeing a surgeon about his leg. He always thought it was too old, but maybe... maybe he could reconsider. It would be nice to have the stiffness gone, if not the pain. The carpenter was just wondering why Kadlin was talking to him about getting his leg checked - she didn't seem the type to care, not because she was heartless but simply because they hadn't talked that often - when she informed him that it was on the Quartermaster's orders. Still, the fact that she chose to actually stop and talk to him rather than simply order him was warming. When Kadlin stopped talking, Hugo nodded slowly. "Ja, thank you. I might."

Hugo was about to turn away, thinking that Kadlin's business with him was done, when they were interrupted by James Norrington. Now, Hugo didn't know much about the first mate, but respected him. He seemed kind, anyway. In response to James' greeting, Hugo dipped his head. "Hallo," he said shortly, icy blue eyes glaring at James unknowingly.
Alkhatine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby G.L'S » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:33 pm

Heather | Boatswain | Amongst the Sails
Heather had spent a good portion of the morning high above the sails. Not only was it easy to be up and out of sight before the crew grew curious in the morning, but it was also a great tactic to stay out of the way. As much as a crew was valuable on a ship, a lesson that she learned very early on in her years at sea, an unkept crew or a careless crew often let idle gossip get in the way of a hard day's work. Although it was hypocritical for her to snap the whip, coming from such prestige, she understood the dynamics and had to scullery once. She didn't become a known Bos'n simply by batting her eyelashes.

She'd been on the high seas for six years now. Being sent away at seventeen, she had grown so much since then. She went from riches to rags and had absolutely no one. Although she still didn't have too many friends, she had her expertise which meant respect. She knew if anyone knew who she really was, that would be gone. So since she was alone, the Montgomery name became dead to her, and she even dropped her name to go by Heath mostly. Many figured they'd be talking to a man at first so it came in handy. Plus, she was so tiny and spindly, her first captain mistook her as a boy, recruiting her as a powder monkey and calling her Heath instead. It stuck and so had she.

She had been listening to all the chattering going on downward on the main deck and rolled her eyes. All their bellyaching about the captain would only get them heard, and it did nothing to better their lives. If anything, it'd get them gutted. Glad to not be involved, she didn't go down until the boat was practically in port. Moving from her perch, she began to bark orders to get the ship landed. A stop on land would not only ease tensions, but she needed supplies. They had routine repairs to make and with typhoon season coming, she didn't want to be stuck without proper supplies. She commanded the sails down, barked up friendlier colours, and steeled the anchor down just in time to set her on-dock. Feeling in her element, she was ready to greet Nassau and take inventory of their wear-and-tear.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╔═════════════╗

We Played Hide and

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sage | They | Bae
Sup y'all. I'm just a person
stumbling through life and
trying to adult as best I can.
Feel free to say hello.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
WMEs-DAMs-Chrys-GSAs-SMWs-Thread

╚═════════════╝
G.L'S

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainy; » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:54 pm

ean restige ; ll round ailor

He was working on a knot on the front side when he could hear the barking of the Boatswain. He jumped down and and looked at her, he had already set almost all of the sails before she began to bring the hammer down on everyone. He scoffed and grasped the loose bundle of rope, beginning to wrap it up. "Heather," he shouted across the deck, and began to move across the deck. "Work was almost done before you said anything." He gave a toothy, cocky grin, just to attempt to push the buttons on we.
    "But keep up the good work." The rigger knew he wasn't of higher rank than her, but thought it would be fun to mess with her. He had personally worked under her for a while, since she was in charge of the riggers and rigging, and other sailments, so he felt comfortable with doing so, even though there would be a chance of backlash from the woman.
    He listened to the last sail being dropped to stern and the sudden tug of the boat slowed, and the boat glided through the water, only on the physics by which the boat would be in motion for a bit longer, but long enough to touch the launch ramp.
    As the ship approached the launch ramp, he watch many of the men rush to the sides, grabbing their buckets, ready to clean the bottom side of the ship. He looked at Heather, "what next, master," he teased.

"α yoυɴɢ мαɴ тнαт вeloɴɢѕ αт ѕeα..."
Hello there, my name is Rain.

rainy;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby G.L'S » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:00 am

Heather | Boatswain | On Deck
Heather narrowed her eyes at the sailor as he brashly approached her. Dean was one of the few that on the right day and at the perfect time, was allowed to get cocky with her. Normally, she tear down anyone who addressed her like that from a lower position. Today though, he did have a point. She surveyed his and the crew's work for even a slight imperfection, but as usual came up with nothing. She did commend him silently for it, knowing that out loud it may or may not go to his head.
"Looks like you caught me on a bad day for once," she said a little absentmindedly. Her mind had been in the clouds this morning, but it was none of his business about it. Knowing that they'd port for at least the night, she figured they'd all be itching to hit the bars. As much as she didn't like a hungover crew, that was the life first day back at sea. Plus, this was her time to head into town and treat herself as well, once all the work was done.
"I do need to grab supplies for storage and some new ropes and canvas for the usual wear-and-tear of the ship," she noted even if his extension was meant as a joke, "Once I get enough coin from the Quartermaster, I'll need some to make those repairs. Once that's over with, then we can all celebrate."
She gave Dean an uncharacteristic pat on the shoulder before heading below deck to look for Skyris. Port time was always bittersweet for her. It reminded her of why she left her family and why even at sea she was alone. Had word gotten out that she was Queer as a Montgomery, the world would have been turned on its ear. Even at port she couldn't be her total self because she was illegal in multiple ways. On land, she was known as Heath and seldom few knew of her femininity, and those who did were Queer themselves. Once her duties were done for the day, she would find her place and enjoy the night.

╔═════════════╗

We Played Hide and

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sage | They | Bae
Feel free to say hello.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
WMEs-DAMs-Chrys-GSAs-SMWs-Thread

╚═════════════╝
G.L'S

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦✧ kadlin of dragons -- master gunner {5}

Postby The Alpha » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:37 pm

✦✧ KADLIN"OF DRAGONS"ADDAMS ✦✧
-----ᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ ɢᴜɴɴᴇʀ-----

┏--------------- ⊰ ✦✧ ⊱ ---------------┒
"The seas be ours and by the powers...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gender ⊱ Female
Age ⊱ 20 Years
Sexual Orient ⊱ Hetero
Location ⊱ Main Deck
Mentioned ⊱ ~~
Tags ⊱ Hugo, James
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
...where we will, we'll roam."
┗--------------- ⊰ ✧✦ ⊱ ---------------┙
Her mouth twitched a bit in a kind of half smile at his answer that lasted for barely a moment. She truly had not spoken to Hugo much at all in the past, having only realized this now. Hugo was much like herself, quiet and kept to himself; a man of few words. Kadlin had respected that distance he kept as it was truly something she liked others to do for her. She took a step back, preparing to leave "Then I can say my job is done and I shall leave you to your work." Before she could move on, she halted and her icy and stern expression returned as her arms uncrossed and her hand slowly returned to lean and rest against the hilt of her blade on her hip. The sound of footsteps caught her ear, but she did not even have to turn to recognize the sound of his boots coming across the deck towards them. She'd done well to remember the sound they made so that they stood out among the other pairs of boots to give herself time to prepare when he approached just as he was now. Though Hugo looked up as he came near, Kadlin did not turn to look until after he'd addressed them with his "polite" tone and posture. Her icy gaze glanced over him as if to judge if his politeness was true, something she had always believed to be used to give a false sense of security.

She had always felt unsure about the First mate, James Norrington, the man who stood before her. They had spoken before, the times were always short and she had always been on guard. Why? Because they did some to clash a lot with their opinions and personalities in a way. Perhaps because her coldness was just a facade while his was his true nature? That seemed to be about right. It was there in the faintest whisper of a grin on his face, a kind of hint that he knew what he'd truly said, a kind of mocking expression in a way. Kadlin had made it her mission to keep her distance if she could, but unfortunately, he'd seemed to have cornered her in a sense with such "a polite and welcoming 'good morning". So Kadlin would have to play along with this time-wasting and silly little mind games once again and she was not planning on being bested. Her gaze narrowed even more as she finally answered, her British accent stronger than ever as she greeted back, "James." One could practically feel the venom dripping from her tone if they tried hard enough, "Of course. 'Tis always such a pleasure..."

More venom with a little more than just a small hint of sarcasm to spice it up to make her point. She half expected Hugo to not understand what was transpiring and she didn't blame him. Kadlin had made it a point to not interact with the First Mate much as it created...complications as she was sure it would now...most likely.
The Alpha

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

─── ( post four

Postby braunkatt » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:49 am

─── ( william michaels alderslade :: skyris and algernon :: cabin boy

"well, she is the captain. she has the authority whether we like it or not." william lopsidedly smiled. following the quarter master's every move he came to a halt, standing in place he awkwardly fidgeted around, what else was he supposed to do? the cabin boy was always the one to be shown around, it was almost never the other way around. always the captains' servant he was always the 'go-to' for someone's dirty work. at first, he'd work up an attitude, now? william could care less. skyris seemed to get around with the crew, she knew everybody personally; something that william would like to do too.

skipping some of the ships' steps, he constantly found himself getting carried away. a majority of the time he was following around the captain, "i've been here," his tone surprisingly joyful, "i'm starting to feel foolish." william tucked a strand of his behind his head. the two years that he had been sailing - never once had he stepped around the gallery? the crowns of immortality was a fairly large ship, william couldn't quite wrap his head around not going to the kitchen.

word count / 189
braunkatt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rae sanders » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:20 am

skyris
    quartermaster ;; twenty-one

"I guess you're right," the quartermaster said. She wasn't going to give much more of an opinion, considering she didn't want to gossip. She had been Under command of three other captains, and all were more into active duty and working along side their crew. That was how she viewed it herself. Why should she get any less work than the cabin boy that was following her, just for being a higher rank.
    She huffed and continued to lead William, walking passed a few mates, she flattened herself against the ship walling so there was room. She felt the small heat from the galley and heard William peep up behind her and she turned her ear on him to hear him continue on about how foolish he was.
    Her boots hit the moist flooring, the soft thuds giving warning to the cook that they were almost there. As she walked into the galley, the overwhelming of salted meats and breads, along with spoiled milk and eggs filled her nostril. She smiled at the cook, grabbed a loaf of bread, and a few eggs, turned on her heels, and handed him the food. "Feel free to grab more, the galley needs to be empty before we hit that launch." She paused as she started to leave, "If you need any help, you should know where to find me, plus, look for me for your loot in a bit." With that she left and headed back up deck and ran into Heather.

"yo, ho, ho, a pirates life isn't for me"
rae sanders

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby G.L'S » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:21 pm

Heather | Boatswain | On Deck
The raven-haired woman ran into Skyris just at the stairs to head below deck. As the Quartermaster made her way up, the boatswain simply waited for her ascension. She really was in no hurry as disembarkation wasn't underway yet. She figured she would deal with the issue of transactions before they were secured so the higher official could deal with more pressing matters.
"We have approached port and are simply securing the ship. Disembarkation should be able to begin within a few moments," she said filling her in, "as I need to go into town for the usual runs, we shouldn't need more than a few yards of rope and canvas this time. I was wondering though if there were any other items I should pick up here before hurricane season begins."
This sort of arrangement and interaction was routine to the point of boredom. Skyris was likely annoyed with the monotony of the usual situation, but it was as she was told when she first came onto the ship and she wasn't planning on disputing it.

╔═════════════╗

We Played Hide and

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sage | They | Bae
Feel free to say hello.