↘ ғᴀᴛᴇғᴜʟ ᴀʟʟɪᴇs

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Re: ↘ ғᴀᴛᴇғᴜʟ ᴀʟʟɪᴇs

Postby senna_ » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:17 pm

──
age: 20xxgender:xxwealth: 9xxkingdom: nearonxxlocation: gardensxxmentions/tags: theodore

Elegancy was not the first word that popped into Annalise's mind upon thinking of herself, but she took that as a mighty fine compliment; perhaps those years of exhausting "proper lady" training brought on by her mother finally paid off. Oh, but if only he knew. She supposed he did, to a degree; half of the cuts and scrapes she'd received as a child often came from whatever adventure her younger self would take on when alongside Theodore. Of course, he, the more level-headed of the two, didn't ruin nearly as many outfits as she had, but she liked to consider them near-disasters as children. She still lacked a lot of the pretty manners every proper lady was supposed to have, and Theodore had turned into this picture-perfect bachelor, but people progressed at different times. Annie acted gracefully when she had a show to put on. The frantic running wasn't exactly supposed to be a show, it was just her overthinking mind plucking out every wrong card that led to her decision to flee, but so be it. It was just Theo, anyway. And it wasn't super muddy, so she didn't have to worry about ruining anything on her end. Her parents weren't around to scold her if that did happen, though it wouldn't surprise her if they'd hired someone to keep an eye out on her. Then there would be trouble. Nevertheless, that was not the case, and Annalise was happy to continue on without the nagging thoughts of her stern parents.

Her head drew back and she gawked at him. "Mister Theodore Lefeuvret, I beg your pardon!" she gasped mockingly, stepping back as if he had seriously hurt her. "Oh, you wound me. I am not small, do not flatter yourself!" Though she supposed there were quite a few leggy women here, Annalise wouldn't consider herself short. Average, more or less. Peyton was an impressive five foot nine and Irina was a comfortable five foot six, but at least their mother was petite. Annalise lacked the body she had, the type where she- and Peyton, too- could pretty much put both hands on their hips and touch their fingers together without sucking their tummies in, and lacked the artistic curves her older sister had; Annalise was pretty average all around. Average Annalise. That seemed suiting. Annie hadn't ever minded either, for she'd never really tried throwing her looks out there to attract a man. The only person she knew that really did that was Peyton; that girl knew had to lure in every man in the room. It was so much that Annie failed to find it impressive anymore, really.

She let out a dramatic sigh and let her body droop a bit. "Oh, how I wish to trade in this heavy dress for a pair of breeches," she breathed. "You will never truly understand what we women are put through for fashion. I bet you never have to worry about ripping or tripping over any part of your clothing. I'm envious, truly." She eyed him a moment later. Cutting her hair and disguising herself as a man sounded thrilling, blood-pumping, but she knew that was far too risky to even dream of. Theodore had much more freedom. He could sprint anywhere he wanted, if he really wanted to do such a thing. She bet if he was up for it, he could fall asleep comfortably in an outfit like that. He could ride in those clothes. She hated side-saddle. According to her mother, it looked pretty, but it was so uncomfortable. Riding with two legs gripping the horse not only gave the rider more power, but they could gallop for hours without feeling numbness in their legs. And unless men had something similar to a corset that Annalise didn't know about, she assumed someone like Theodore could appreciate a good, belly laugh without experiencing the feeling of what seemed to be crushed ribs. How lucky they were.

Her eyes shifted back to his gaze, skimming over it as he pondered to himself. A thoughtful expression had sunk into his warm expression, though there wasn't enough visually for Annie to figure out if he was leaning towards the positive or negative side of the spectrum. "I think you make an excellent point," she said in an honest manner. She couldn't have said it better herself. "I do believe it might be more difficult to love someone you are forced to be with, though I suppose we both are lucky enough in the sense that we have enough power to step away from this person if we want to." Her freedom was a bit tighter than his, for her parents decided the whole thing, but she had to think positively for him. He was running the Lefeuvret side now, he could marry whenever he pleased, with whomever he decided. There were no restrictions; as long as he was satisfied and pleased with the woman, he was set to go. Annalise, for Theodore's sake, really hoped he would marry out of love, and she hoped his marriage would bring him everlasting joy. He deserved to be happy. Based on what he said, though, Annalise took he didn't find his partner as intriguing as she'd feared. She wasn't sure why that bugged her, but it did. Selfishly, she supposed that was because she didn't wish to lose her close friend. Some women did that to friendships.

"Yes," she responded simply, little hesitation in her voice. She watched her thumbs as they twiddled under the fabric of her hat for a second. "Mother and Father never loved each other, but I know love exists. I've seen it with Colin and his lady, and with Irina, too. I think... I think I just do not quite understand how to accept it, if that makes sense. Or embrace it. But love is a beautiful thing, isn't it? The only problem for me is-" her gentle smile faltered, "-I am on a tight time schedule. My parents warned me that if I did not return with a name of a suitor, they'd arrange a marriage with a man they know. An actual arranged marriage, because, you know, nobody wishes to marry a woman once they pass twenty." She gave a limp shrug, forcing a more cheery smile on her face before reaching her gloved hand out to take his arm. "But, if I must fake, I will fake. I will learn to get used to him one way or another. I just hope for you, you are truly happy with the woman you settle with, if and when you decided to take that step."

──────

──
age: 22xxgender:xxwealth: 5xxkingdom: arkleyxxlocation: back roomxxmentions/tags: elizabeth

Lauren quite enjoyed the sight of the consideration that sprawled across her delicate features. She was evidently thinking, rolling his words over in his mind. She wasn't making random things up (or if she was, he was impressed by how sincere and real they appeared!), and she wasn't doing that typical flirty thing every desperate woman seemed to do. The giddy smile, the twirling of the hair, if any strands were left down. It was a semi-intellectual talk and Lauren enjoyed that; small-talk bored him and would most certainly be the thing to take him to his death bed, if his reckless behaviour when rallied up didn't first.

He scoffed a laugh, though it wasn't rude, nor was it towards her and her choice of words. "As much as I agree with you there, and as much as I wish that was always true, money does quite the trick, too. Everyone is desperate for an extra few pounds in their pocket, and I believe that is why so many awful decisions are made and saught out. Some people have thoughts that eventually turn to reality, and some simply aren't..." He paused, tilting his head as he tried searching for the right word. "...adequate, I suppose. Agreeable? I'm not too sure which word I would use to fit the description spot-on, but I am sure you know exactly what I am talking about. Like," he continued in a more confident tone again, motioning to her, "deciding to put off women's education, as one example. I'm sure someone had to get that idea from somewhere. Human minds truly are captivating, but nobody's opinions can please everyone. Wouldn't that make life easier." Another scoff came about, a sarcastic laugh under his breath, though it held a sense of longing. It would truly make the world such an easier place to live within, if everyone got along. Though, on the contrary, what good did that do? After all, arguments and debates were what allowed more people to open their eyes to something bigger than what they originally believed. In conclusion, there would never be a win-win situation when it came to satisfaction within the world of human beings. That was one thing Lauren was certain about.

"I was born to a man who despised women," Lauren told her, figuring it was easiest to stick to the topic of women, seeing how both seemed to enjoy it. He felt comfortable enough to reveal that, too. After all, it didn't touch on him and the traumatic experiences he had as a little boy. Not really, anyway. "If you've driven them away, chances are, you've proven them wrong and they are simply sore losers. Your words are not offensive in the least; their scurring is an issue on their end." He shrugged as if it was something already to be known, then reached for his tea again. An enigma. That was a first, though Lauren actually did like it. A walking puzzle, he could consider himself to be. And he had no issues with that. "And you are quite astute," he returned, deciding not to comment on her chosen nickname.

He tipped his head towards her in a touché way, though not before adding in his defense, "And that was because you chose to settle yourself at the same table as I, and my mind could not seem to concentrate on my newspaper with a figure in the corner of my peripheral." And then, upon realizing how much that sounded like his frisky friends, he added in more of a mutter, "I am no rake; I meant that in no relation to you in particular. Just another distraction in general." That was the truth, too; Lauren had always seemed to find it so awkward, doing his own thing whilst someone was close by. He didn't care much for rumours or gossip and therefore didn't care if the person nearby was indeed judging him, but it was always more difficult to concentrate on the specific thing he was originally in the room for, especially if the figure was close enough that he was able to catch sight of every movement. And especially if he was reading. That was difficult enough to do without the distraction of anything or anyone around him.

He didn't take offense to the mask comment, and was rather surprised to find himself preparing for it to come. It was only last night that he had been very grateful to have a mask to hide who he was, but now that her words were out there, Lauren supposed he was keener on hiding his physical appearance, not his personality. His lack of enthusiasm right off the bat often scared people away before anyone could truly figure out who he was, anyway. She clearly had the same idea. Peering at her through the brim of his teacup, he didn't say a word for a second, despite his agreement. When the tea washed down his throat, he shifted back towards her. "Are you wearing that mask?" he asked lowly. Some could call that teasing, something that wasn't often pushed out of Lauren quickly. He showed no signs of laughter though, despite his light words, and felt he needed to elaborate before the words hit a nerve; "You've yet to give me a name. Surely you must be hiding something." And then he did let another ghostly smile onto his face to show he didn't mean anything seriously, though, admittedly, he had been waiting for an introduction. But, if she didn't wish to reveal her name, he was more than happy to keep that to himself, too.
'senna_x.xshe/herx'.x'est'x.x'adultx'.x'soc student
─────────────────────────────
hey all, i'm senna! i'm a young adult,full-time university
student, and a writer with a spontaneous muse :') i'm
most likely to be caught napping, thinking about plots
i'll probably never write, or hyper fixating on the late
st paranormal podcast <3

'hufflepuff'.''leo''.''cat mom'.''researcher'.''my misfits
senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AlphaOfThePack21 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:30 pm

19||Female||Demisexual||Wealth: 2||Nearon||Paired: Kristoff Monette||Tags: Lauren
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Though usually, she gives people a hard time when conversing, well to be honest she did in the beginning. But she has grown more and more comfortable speaking with him as the conversation continued. Finding it to be rather entertaining to keep the conversation up, which was interesting for her because as he had said earlier she would much prefer a fantasy world. But he wasn't like others, and it surprised her even more that it was so enjoyable with a man.

"I suppose I can agree. But there is a part where you aren't completely right. Not everyone is desperate for a little more weight in their pockets. Maybe it's just me but even though I lack in funds I have never lacked in happiness. I'm fully content with where my wealth status is, and whether it remains this way forever or not has no interest of mine." she explained. "I do know what you are saying, and having everyone agree with things would leave no one with a way to challenge their mind. It would also make conversation rather dull." she paused for just a moment. "If you and I were to have no different views I would say we wouldn't be able to keep up much of a conversation. But instead, opinions make individuality and we are able to challenge each other's views," she stated. "Life would be black and white without individuality." She knew he knew this, she could tell by the laugh after saying it would make it easier in life. What a world that would be, drastically dull indeed.

Her eyes lit up a bit surprised. How could a man despise women? "Well, then I suppose that man was missing out greatly," she commented. She sighed, it was more of a sigh of discontent with the ones who have not had the guts to stick around and involve in an intellectual conversation. "I suppose you are right, though it does make me question how many of them would've been someone with a worthy conversation." but shortly after she lightly shrugged and simply let it roll off of her. She wasn't ever one to really dwell on things much. It was a waste of time and energy. "Astute? Yes, I do quite like the ring of that," she said with a hidden smirk.

She narrowed her eyes once more at the man leaning forwards a little and an arch of one of her eyes brows. "Was I wrong to think it would be rude of me to sit as far away from you as possible? Should I have simply pretended you didn't exist?" she questioned. She honestly would have left the room and went elsewhere, though she had already walked in the room and probably noticed by him. She would be honest with herself he did seem like someone who is good company, it was a gut feeling, and her reading people. Turns out she was right this time.

"Never. I try to find people I can be myself around, and I don't have to pretend because I had been myself since the beginning. It makes it easier to thin out the weak-willed, the ones who cannot handle my brashness and my lack of filter." she explained. "A name..." A short laugh came out. "I have no burden with my name other than that names are usually tied with other people's thoughts and assumptions. Do you really have to know one's name to get to know them and enjoy their company? That because I simply did not tell you my name I am hiding something?" she asked and without waiting for an answer continued. "But...If you must know. I am Elizabeth. Elizabeth Chambers, and if you couldn't tell by now I'm not much for formalities."
21||Male||Heterosexual||Wealth: 9||Arkley||Paired: Kassandra DeMarks||Tags: Annie
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

He chuckled once more. "Compared to me M'lady you are quite small." Theo does stand at six foot one so to him Annie is rather short at least to him. It is surprising but Theo is actually rather short himself, considering his father was an impressive six foot seven, though genes tend to have a say in things, and since he is both his father and his mother's son it seems he was in between his mother's height which was five foot seven and his fathers. With being the only child he wondered if his parents had any more kids who would get their father's height, how odd would it be if he had a sister standing at six foot seven? He could only laugh at himself internally.

"Hmmm, I see no issues in a woman wearing breeches. I couldn't possibly understand how you must feel to have to doll yourself up every day for the eyes of others in trade for your own comfort," he states. Was it really all that bad for a woman to have comfort in the clothes she wears? Did she really need to have a corset that she can hardly breathe in? So he's heard from many women. Why can't women wear breeches and such things men do? He feels so much sympathy for women, they really have it rough.

He offered a half-smile. It was true they had the power to do that, but he knew already how her parents were and how set they are for her to marry. But hearing about the arranged marriage if she does not did surprise him. He felt this pang in his chest. Anger? Why was he upset all off a sudden? This is how the world is, women were forced to marry by a certain age. "I don't see why age has ever had anything to do with a woman's ability to be courted. If I fall for someone over their twenties I would not let their age keep me from courting them. The majority who ruled it to be that way must really not have ever had the luck of falling in love. Makes me wonder if it was made like that out of spite that if they did not no one over the age of 29 and women couldn't either." He had a frown on his face.

"Don't settle for fake. I will never forgive you," he said bluntly, there was no playfulness in his voice either, and his eyes burned with seriousness. "You deserve real love just a much as I. The Annie I know would never give in to anything less than she deserves," he explained. "And you deserve to have true happiness as well. I....couldn't bear to see you forcing a smile simply because someone told you to." he would never be able to forgive himself either. Seeing her pretending to be happy, pretending to be in love for the simple fact that her parents wanted her married, it would absolutely kill him. But saying that out loud...might come out sounding like there were intentions. He knows she knows how much she means to him, at least he had hoped. Considering they have been friends for many years, he hoped she also takes his words into consideration. It pained him to see her like this imagine if she was in a marriage she didn't want.

His eyes grew wide for a moment. Realization. "I...apologize. That was out of line for me to say. Even if we are comfortable with one another, I should not be telling you to purposely start a war with your parents." he said as his hand went and rubbed the back of his neck as he looked to the ground. "It's just as you want me to not change, I don't want you to either. Seems like faking puts a damper on who you really are as a person..." he explained.
AlphaOfThePack21

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby onion » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:31 am

♦️ june park / 18 / bisexual / wealth 8 / the athlete
kingdom: arkley
tags: vincent

the man strode down the hall, glancing over his shoulder at the pink lady and passively wondering what she was about. pink was an unusual color to see here, at least, that shade. he didnt see agnes around anywhere though he had hoped to, but none of the other ladies really caught his eye. the men were all dressed nicely, perhaps nicer than june himself, but he did not mind one bit as he was quite confident in his appearance.
as he took a step forward he felt his foot stub something hard. june looked up to see a tall man in front of him- well, not too tall, but taller than him positively. it seemed he had run into this man carelessly. immediately he stepped back and took a small bow. "my apologies, sir, it seems i have crossed paths with you in a...-" june glanced up to vincents eyes and smiled before finishing- "rude manner." he stood again and adjusted the red velvet coat hed thrown over his shoulders earlier this morning. "greetings," june said to vincent, outstretching a hand for a small shake if the man wanted.
onion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

'i will start fights' - agnes probably

Postby harrington » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:50 pm

❖ ❛ ── agnes gladwyn, the tailor, wealth of two, kingdom of nearon. tags ;; fleur, open

indentwhile she waited for her roommate to wake up, agnes dressed herself from head to toe in a red dress, not unlike the one she wore to the masquerade just the night prior. although she considered herself a talented tailor, fashion and common styles were somewhat foreign to her. after she decided that her outfit was good enough, well, presentable, she entered back to the room, careful not to wake up fleur, but it appeared that the auburn haired woman had already awoken.
indentthe woman looked oddly familiar, and although she couldn't put her finger on it, something told agnes that she should be weary. she listened closely as fleur introduced herself. disraeli, where had she heard that name? she repeated it over and over again in her head like a broken record. suddenly, it hit her - she was the daughter of the man who had screwed over her own father many years ago.
indentcautious not to let her anger bubble over, agnes apathetically returned the curtsy. "disraeli," she repeated the woman's surname, letting it hang on her tongue as if it left a bad taste. "oh, i'm quite familiar with your family, miss disraeli," she cocked an eyebrow and unconsciously her upper-lip turned into a small snarl - "and i'm sure you've heard of the gladwyn's, hm? given that your family sunk us into poverty nearly a decade ago." she then turned 90 degrees away from fleur, as she was afraid of making eye contact after that comment. "my father's a coal miner, if you're curious. of course, you wouldn't be able to pick him out in a crowd; all those men who pay for your every need are quite disposable, yes?" she eyed the door, not sure if she should leave - and possibly request a new roommate - or if she should stay and face the girl head-on.

❖ ❛ ── kristoff monette, the "sweetheart", wealth of nine, kingdom of arkley. tags ;; june (ment.) vincent (ment.) aretha (ment.)

indentalthough he couldn't say he had an extravagant time with miss elizabeth, he found her company and her quick wit and snarky attitude to be quite endearing. although he truly had no intentions of marrying her - he meant it when he said that - perhaps they could strike a deal? a friendship or mutual respect of eachother, perhaps? it would be up for lady luck and for elizabeth herself to decide. he had learned quickly that making decisions for her lead to kristoff being chewed-out by the woman. it would be a lie to say that kristoff wasn't at least a bit intimidated by her, she certainly had a certain spunk that kristoff was not accosted to.
indentkristoff found himself to be the first person awake in his room, and he watched as his roommate slept on the other side of the room. sharing a room was quite out of the ordinary for kristoff, and if he had to be honest, it freaked him out. privacy is a virtue, he always believed, and to have someone encroach on that without his permission was incredibly unsettling. he got dressed as quickly as he could, and even though he would love to chat and make small-talk with the man sleeping in the other bed, his thoughts brought him to explore the main hall hopefully to find somewhere he could ease his mind. he needed a break from all of the hustle and bustle of everything.
indentas kristoff made his way into the main hall, he spotted two men and a woman chatting with eachother in the middle of it - quite a silly place to have a conversation, he thought. he brushed past them with a polite 'excuse me,' and found himself in a gorgeous sun room where he could take a moment for himself.
Last edited by harrington on Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
harrington

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunhorsestar » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:52 pm

Kassandra DeMarks | 21 | Wealth 7 and a half | Arkley | Tagging: Effie

Kassandra had woken, dressed properly descended from her room and slipped into a hallway to be out of the way of the people who came and went. Almost at once though, her eyes fell on the young woman she’d spoken to the night before, Effie, she had called herself. Certainly she’d enjoyed Effie's company, brief as their conversation had been.

"Good morning!" She called, approaching with a smile. Kass on some level wondered if she’d be recognized without the mask or AS elegant clothes, donning now a flowing light blue dress, a favourite of hers, but lacking her jewelry and the fancy details of her dress from the night before. "Did you sleep well?"
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby poppyxoxo » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:37 pm

ARETHA - tagging: Vincent

Aretha couldn't help but feel that part of her wanted to explore the rest of her temporary confines and see what else there was for her to "enjoy" besides the piano. Perhaps there would be art on the walls or even a garden that she could get lost in, or hide in, till she felt content enough to return to the main area. There was a prickling feeling in the back of Aretha's neck, suggesting to the young women that even if she were alone, she would not be. Sighing, the young women smiled sadly for just a moment before continuing to play, her fingers now expertly playing out a melody that had become quickly familiar to her in a matter of minutes. It was a kind and gentle one and Aretha dared to think that no one could complain. Aretha closed her ease for just a moment to let everything sink in.

The piano brought back memories of home, when Aretha' life had been more simple and delicate before she had begun playing in high stress situations. Although, Aretha did not mind playing for other people no matter how nervous it mad her, it always brought a sense of calm washing over her. The one person Aretha felt truly safe with while playing the piano was Annie and Aretha's parents. Perhaps that would change one day.

The man had an accent, one that was rather smooth. "Thank you kindly... Well, you COULD stay and listen or save me from these stuffy walls" Aretha offered though there was a teasing note in her voice to attempt to lighten the mood. She had silently hoped that the young man would remain and keep her company. Or maybe that was the vulnerable side to Aretha's stubbornness simply asking for things to remain the same for even just a moment. He did seem lovely, however, so Aretha would not mind in the slightest what he chose to do.
poppyxoxo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby senna_ » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:13 am

Please refrain from posting in here until further notice.
'senna_x.xshe/herx'.x'est'x.x'adultx'.x'soc student
hey all, i'm senna! i'm a young adult,full-time university
student, and a writer with a spontaneous muse :') i'm
most likely to be caught napping, thinking about plots
i'll probably never write, or hyper fixating on the late
st paranormal podcast <3

'hufflepuff'.''leo''.''cat mom'.''researcher'.''my misfits
senna_

My pets
My items