closed

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

01 – August Seal

Postby HauntedMansion » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:17 pm

August Seal

He/him - 23 - status: 6/10 - mentions: the Purcells, Hugo - tags: Annalise

This social event would begin as it would end, just like any other. The gathering of the rich and influential, with elegant women to charm and proud men to exchange rather one sided banter with, It was always the same, becoming rather predictable at this point. Nonetheless, the goal was clear, engaging interest and striking proposals, making promises and gaining allies, for running a business was one thing, though maintaining its relevance was a fickle process, a cycle that demanded constant attention. Which, these events conveniently provided in turn. That was all the purpose these gatherings served in August’s eyes, anything beyond that was usually a waste of his time. He didn’t expect much different from the Purcells proposal, despite how they addressed its purpose in correlation to the courting season, a symbol of the prosperous life that was promised him, the life that was expected of him. The part that sadly, had nothing to do with expanding his business. Does knowing that make a difference? Would it matter to a stag if you told him there was no point in running, that it would be futile trying to survive, because he’d one day just end up on a hunters mantle? No, because you’d be talking to an animal that can’t hold a conversation with you. How melodramatic, certainly the perfect attitude for a tea party.

August anxiously adjusted the cuffs of his suite, busying his hands as he followed a servant through the entrance to quite a marvel of elegant landscaping, as if somehow they could polish shrubbery like they would a piece of fine China. It sounded absurd, but this was the Purcells property, after all. Normally he’d think it excessive, though he’s grown to favor the Purcells business for their exquisite taste, never to much, yet never to little. Of course not an inch of the property would be an exception, decorations presenting themselves so eloquently you almost forget how manipulative it can be to the senses, favoring the courting intention of this event. August took in a slow breath through his nose, letting out a steady, exhausted sigh. The pressure of marriage itself has always left such a wretched taste in his mouth, as the thought of leading a miserable existence for all his years was enough to make him feel light headed. How could anyone possibly be excited for that future? Occasionally he finds himself wishing he could be so blissfully, foolishly ignorant to willingly accept such a fate.

He knew the longer he allowed such thoughts to overtake his mind, he’d look absolutely manic in the middle of this gathering. This lovely gathering he had been so kindly invited to in honor of darling Annalise Purcell, and to her foreseeable future. Taking another deep breath, August proceeded further to finally join the other guests within the garden, chatting amongst themselves in greetings and pleasantries. A familiar instinct took place of what had been his anxious dread, following the first available drink he was able to acquire, he gathered confidence in his stride, taking time to observe every face he passed, both familiar and unseen, offering a few polite smiles to any eye he caught.
    What pressure should he feel? A man with all the time the world would allow, unlike all of the women he surrounded, unlike Annalise, being thrown a party just so she could be married off nearly as soon as she was able. When his own parents put half as much pressure on him, he was able to move away from it all, that had been a luxury itself. At least he could run. August disregarded any initiative in greeting another person as he sought out Annalise, spotting her in one of the larger forming groups. Among a few vaguely familiar faces he could see Hugo Purcell being the center in most of the conversation, certainly nothing out of the ordinary. August waited patiently for an opening before approaching her, feeling a wave of assurance practically wash right over him the moment he stood in her presence. ”Good afternoon, Annalise.” He began, offering a charming smile. Seeing her gown up close turned his smile a bit more genuine, seemingly that she got to wear something she favored more than her attire being just another detail to compliment the decor.
    ”You look absolutely marvelous, though I’m sure you don’t need me to tell you that… How have you been?”
HauntedMansion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

announcement

Postby senna_ » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:45 pm

hey guys, I've decided to close this rp because so many people have dropped it. mods, you're welcome to lock or delete this. whatever works best:)
senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me