curse of the sixth | dragon/human RP | o&a

Fantasy animal roleplays featuring animals with special abilities/powers, or fantasy creatures such as dragons, unicorns, etc. However this category does not include fandom-based roleplays such as Warrior Cats or Pokemon

curse of the sixth | dragon/human RP | o&a

Postby multicurious » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:04 pm

A world governed by six absolute rulers known as Dragonlords. Dragonlords were the dragon gods, creatures that held power over people, dragons, and other creatures. They each had a specific power set. Four of the Dragonlords held the elements in their claws: Air, Fire, Earth, and Water. However, the two most powerful Dragonlords, brother and sister, held the power of creation and death itself. The sister, Deiana, was creation. Odon, the brother, was death. Together, they brought balance to Altharia along with the other four. Ever since the dawn of time, Altharia was a land of peace and order.

But over time, Odon felt overshadowed by his sister. To prove his superiority and power, he attempted to use Creative magic and made a new form of human. However, Odon was never meant to harness Creative power, and the heart of his creation was corrupted from the start because of his foul intentions and pride. The corruption spread like an infection to the hearts of other humans, and the infected eventually lost their sense of humanity. They were called The Cursed. Because of what he did, the other five Dragonlords captured Odon and put him on trial. They decided to imprison him, enchanted into eternal sleep. The evil, however, continued to spread and the number of Cursed kept growing. The only safe place for the survivors was in the North, which gave them hope for a better future.

Still, not everyone could get there.
Last edited by multicurious on Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
multicurious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Curse of the Sixth | Plot

Postby multicurious » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:06 pm

While all may seem dark, many are unaware of the small glimmer of hope that still exists. Like all dragons, the Dragonlords possess the ability to shift into a human form. This makes it possible for dragons to have children with humans if they wish. Deiana and Odon had both fallen in love with a human shortly before Odon created The Cursed. They both had children, but when The Cursed began to spread, Deiana had to entrust her child to one of her closest human advisors, and Odon could not stay to raise his child, for obvious reasons. And now these children have reached young-adulthood, with no clue who they are or what they are.

They both have inherited some of their Dragonlord parents' power, but have no idea how to tap into it. Could these long lost cousins be the key to restoring peace and balance to Altharia? Or will Odon's descendent continue their father's crusade?
Last edited by multicurious on Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
multicurious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Curse of the Sixth | Dragon/Human RP | DNP

Postby multicurious » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:03 pm

R U L E S

— Please try to use correct grammar and punctuation.
Good: "Hello, how are you?" She said, smiling.
BAD: hi how r u
— Try to post at least three full sentences. I understand if you've got 'writer's block' or something, but try to do more than "He smiled and left." It's very hard for someone to reply to that.
— Please, don't kill another person's character unless you've asked for their and my permission first.
— Keep signatures disabled! It's just cleaner.
— Dragons and humans are able to have powers. Dragons are even able to harness some elemental powers, but nothing on the scale of the Dragonlords. Humans are more commonly able to use powers that are learned(using magical spellbooks, etc.). Children of Odon and Deiana have inherited a fraction of their parent's power, though more will be explained as the characters are made and the plot advances.
— Drama is highly encouraged, just PM me for any plot twists that relate to the story.
— You can have as many characters as you can handle.
— If you're consistently online and posting in other topics but not in this one for over a week, you'll be removed from the character list.
— As Dragonlords are limited spots, only one per person.
— Put the word "udon noodles" in the other part of your form to prove you've read the rules.
— No Gary/Mary Sues. Your character must have downsides. Nobody's perfect, after all.
— All of Tess's rules apply.
— You don't have to make a boy for every girl, but keep genders even. That being said, keep species even, too. If you make a dragon, make a human and vice versa.
— Keep all OOC talk and forms on the discussion thread.
Last edited by multicurious on Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
multicurious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Curse of the Sixth | The Dragonlords

Postby multicurious » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:11 pm

The First
    Creation
    deiana - {star voyager}

The Second
    Earth
    daya - Static light

The Third
    Water
    vesperia - • Lost~Shadows •

The Fourth
    Air
    tempest - cocogerber13

The Fifth
    Fire
    blaise - Romeo Montagu

The Sixth
    Death
    odon - closed (maybe he'll awaken?)
Last edited by multicurious on Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:07 pm, edited 8 times in total.
multicurious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Curse of the Sixth | Dragon Citizens

Postby multicurious » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:13 pm

List of Dragon Citizens
    avell prae - Romeo Montagu
    ragnavoid - {star voyager}
    antares scorpii - Timoria
    shadow - 【ᎠUSᏦᎽᎠᎪᎽᏃ】
Last edited by multicurious on Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
multicurious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Curse of the Sixth | Human Citizens

Postby multicurious » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:23 am

List of Human Citizens
    harper augustine - Static light
    paxton augustine - Static light
    gaia quintanilla - Static light
    allistar - cocogerber13

Children of the Dragonlords
    Deiana's Child
    avem sinclair - LunarDragonTamer

Odon's Child
    alexander olsen - Timoria
Last edited by multicurious on Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
multicurious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Curse of the Sixth | Map & Locations

Postby multicurious » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:57 pm

Ardeth
    The capital of Altharia. An impressively expansive city with beautiful architecture, Ardeth is a bustling city where dragons and humans can live together in peace. However, the city has been deeply impacted by the waves and waves of refugees from the South who are fleeing from their homes due to the threat of the Cursed.

Temple of the Dragonlords
    Otherwise known as the black dot above the mountains that I forgot to label, the Temple of the Dragonlords is the home of the, you guessed it, Dragonlords. Humans and mortal dragons are allowed to visit the temple, but to do so would mean crossing the Goldstone Mountains by foot. The winds above the mountains make it extremely difficult to fly above them without getting knocked out of the sky.

Volcanic Region
    Pretty self explanatory, the volcanic region was created mostly to appease Dragonlord Blaise. Though brave citizens may find an interest there if they choose.

Ardeth Lake
    Home to many of Altharia's city-going water dragons, Ardeth lake is a popular place for boating and swimming. Fishing with nets and otherwise is strictly forbidden.

Winged Lake
    The Winged Lake is a peaceful body of water not that far away from Ardeth Lake. Fishing is permitted here.

Rairee
    Rairee is a popular merchant spot, second to Ardeth. Rairee is a colorful town that is always full of festivals, exotic merchant stands, and the occasional fireworks display.

Caswell
    Caswell is mostly a town full of farmers and ranchers, and is typically a peaceful town. However, while Caswell is still rather far away from the South, there have recently been some Cursed sightings in that direction, gaining worry from the residents.

Twin Oaks Lake
    A peaceful lake near Caswell. Named for the two giant oak trees that grow on the island on the lake.

Gowrie
    Gowrie, once a peaceful settlement, has been completely infested with The Cursed. Those who weren't infected or killed abandoned their homes and fled North.

Talon Island
    Talon Island is an island where many dragons have chosen to make their home, away from the main land. However, their peace has been largely disrupted by the arrival of The Cursed.
multicurious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Curse of the sixth | The Cursed

Postby multicurious » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:07 pm

The Cursed

Odon's failed attempt at recreating humanity, The Cursed are corrupt creatures that barely even look human anymore. They are mindless zombies, unable to think of anything but destruction and spreading the curse. The Cursed stand and move like normal human beings. They have rotting and wrinkled black skin, almost scaly in texture, and glowing red eyes. Their teeth sharpen into long fangs upon infection, and their fingers warp into long and deadly claws. They normally begin to lose their hair and move with a stumble. While many Cursed wander alone, they have been known to travel in mobs. To infect a human, The Cursed pierce the heart of an uninfected human with their claws, corrupting them.
multicurious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: curse of the sixth | dragon/human RP | o&a

Postby multicurious » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:22 pm

deiana/diana cromwell

As always, Ardeth was bustling. The merchant square was full of both humans and dragons alike, though one might have a difficult time telling the difference for some. Hopeful salesmen called out their wares among the crowd, their voices all trying to overpower one another. Children of both races ran or flew up and down the roads. A particularly rambunctious group came very close to bowling over an unsuspecting merchant. Given Ardeth's cheerful environment, one would never guess the amount of stress and fear on everyone's shoulders. The Cursed were a dark thought on everyone's minds, even if they were farther away in the South. Refugees have been flooding into Ardeth, and their presence is a constant reminder of the crisis. Deiana regularly visited these refugees in human form, finding her way inside the allies and under the bridges they flocked to for shelter. That's where she was now, crouched down in front of a scared family that had just recently come to Ardeth. She had her red hair pulled back out of her face, and the sleeves to her plain brown cloak tucked up above her elbows as she doled out stew into their bowls. She introduced herself as Diana Cromwell, her human alias that utilized her late husband's last name. Receiving their thanks with a soft smile, she picked up the pot of stew and moved on to the next family.

elias crane

Lake Ardeth was unusually busy this time of day, no doubt due to the daytime heat. Elias took the opportunity to take his boat out to the middle of the lake to get some work done in peace. Ideally, the Winged Lake would be a better spot for peace, but he didn't feel like making the trek to the body of water. In any case, not many people bothered Elias as he lade back against the seat in his boat, translating some foreign text into the Common language. There was always the looming threat of some mischievous water dragon looking to cause a little mayhem, but he didn't let that thought distract him.

ragnavoid/void ell

Ragnavoid rested on a cliff above the town of Rairee, her shadowy frame a stark contrast against the sunny day. White spots twinkled under her wings and on her hide like stars, and tendrils of black wisps extended off of her tail, down her back, and off her wings. Depending on one's perspective, Void could be seen as either intimidating or stunning. She watched Rairee with glowing white eyes, hoping that they would choose tonight to put on a fireworks display. Ever since she was released from the Dragonlords' service, she's become quite the regular around Rairee, and she grew quite fond of the town's exoticness.
multicurious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: curse of the sixth | dragon/human RP | o&a

Postby Timoria » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:10 pm

Alexander Olsen
Odon’s Son
Tags:

”Alright old man hand it over.” Alex was standing up from a chair with his arm outstretched over a table littered with cards. An old man was staring at him along with his wife who was stunned into silence.

”I-It can’t be,” the old man stammered, ”y-you tricked me, you sly fox. You cheated!” At this point the old man had stood up from his chair as his voice regained its strength and volume. The man threw his hand of cards to the table and glared at Alex.

Alex looked back at him with uniterest, waving his hand dismissively as he spoke, ”I didn’t do anything. It’s not my fault you fell for such an obvious trap. Aren’t people as old as you supposed to have the wisdom to see this kind of thing coming?”

“Impossible! Before, before you played-“

”Horribly? Of course I did, and you fell for it hook, line, and sinker. Did you really think I was that bad?” Alex examined the man’s face. He sighed in annoyance, he was starting to piece together the situation but Alex didn’t have time to wait for him. He snapped his fingers to get the man’s attention then waved his outstretched arm. ”The deal sir, if you would,” he said, switching to a more polite tone. He was given a cold glare but he received his money nonetheless. He smiled at the man then walked away with a bag in hand. He opened it up and counted the insides as he walked down the street.

Antares Scorpii
Dragon
Tags: Deiana

Finally, Antares had made it to Ardeath. It had taken all his energy just to get here from the south and it had left him exhausted. He had decided to move from his old home near Talon Island. The place was definitely nice but the cursed were starting to be a problem. He was going to go as far away from them as possible, heading over to the Goldstone Mountains. Even he knew he wouldn’t have the stamina to make it all the way there. Unfortunately, he had been foolish enough to think he had the stamina to make the whole flight to Ardeath without stopping. He had basically crashed once he had arrived at Ardeath; he was just that tired. His wings were sputtering while leaking smoke due to overheating. Overall he was having a bad time.

Of course people were staring at him but he ignored them, waiting for his wings to cool off to the point where he felt comfortable getting up. Once he did so he turned himself into his human form. His short hair was dyed silver and his cheeks were covered in freckles. He coughed a little, smoke having filled his lungs. Now he probably wouldn’t be able to fly for awhile. He took a good look around. He was stuck here, might as well find a place to stay.

Antares was uncomfortable already as he walked along. It was incredibly loud, at least to him, and there were just so many people. How some dragons managed to stand living in places like this was beyond him. Kids ran past him, merchants yelled at him, suspicious characters sensing a newcomer tried to beckon him over. As he glanced sideways towards a particularly determined merchant he realized he would need money. Without it Antares could never afford a place to stay. He never had any since he never stayed in large towns. When the thought struck him he made a weird sound of defeat. A frown appeared on his face as he slowly made his way towards a line of refugees. He would just have to act like one of them until he could fly out of the town. He wasn’t exactly very fond of the idea.

As he followed them towards a few alleyways he noticed a familiar face. Blessed be the dragonlords for granting him such luck, it seemed he had found himself in the presence of one of them. Without thinking he ran up to her immediately. ”Dei- er uhm...Oh Diana!” he called, struggling for a moment to remember what her human name was. When he stopped running he was coughing and wheezing, clearly his lungs were still a bit clogged with smoke. He tried to catch his breath before going on. ”Sorry to bother you. I don’t mean to be rude but I could use your help.” He spoke quickly so that he wouldn’t be interrupted by another coughing fit. He tried his best to still seem respectful.

Last edited by Timoria on Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Timoria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me