SKY'S THE LIMIT)) closed.

Fantasy animal roleplays featuring animals with special abilities/powers, or fantasy creatures such as dragons, unicorns, etc. However this category does not include fandom-based roleplays such as Warrior Cats or Pokemon

Ideas to spice up the rp <3

Poll ended at Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:35 am

Prophecy
5%
Spreading illness throughout the herds, weakening them
16%
Natural Disaster
16%
New deadly species
5%
Over Stallion Disappearance
21%
Major battles
11%
Forbidden romance
21%
Herds Allying against Eachother..?
5%

Total votes : 19

Re: SKY'S THE LIMIT)) open and accepting!

Postby iyori » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:09 am

duskfire | stallion | warrior | mountain herd | here
duskfire gingerly picked up the small filly's wing and lifter her above his shoulders, trotting to the yearling den and setting her den. the medicine mare had left, in search of the rare mountain flower, miri. he was glad when he saw that she had no serious fractures, but by the odd angle of her bad wing, it was obvious she had sprained it. the stallion just wished he was able to help her and wondered how the other horses would react. for a minute, duskfire wanted to remain by her and try to help, like a real father should, but he simply trotted away in search of some decently tasting grass, that would be able to feed all the horses in the herd.
iyori

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Butters! » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:01 am

⁅ FLINTWING // MALE // OVER STALLION // MOUNTAIN HERD ⁆ ⁅ TAGGED; DUSKFIRE, SCORCH ⁆
    ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
    Flintwing watched as the colt stretched his wings and angled them. He noticed a small flaw but
    was not about to shake his courage and confidence by interrupting him to point it out. The colt
    pushed down with his wings hard, but did not move. Maybe now I should mention the adjustments
    he needs to make to his wing positioning he thought. He opened his mouth to offer a suggestion,
    but the colt was determined, and tried again. This time, he cupped them differently, and he
    shot into the air after a mighty heave. Flintwing noticed that he could still set his wings a bit
    differently, but they had accomplished the goal. He hadn't gotten up to ten feet in one bound,
    but it was quite impressive that he got as high as he did on his second try ever at it.Flintwing
    nodded his approval and flicked his mane. "I did have some notes for things you can do to get
    higher on your original burst, but let's focus on landing now. This is the trickier part when it
    is windy, so before you land, test your environment. If it's windy, it can be dangerous to stay
    in the air, but you will have to land gradually/slower. But today is clear, and there are no
    drafts, so we should be good. Watch closely, now." Flintwing paused the flapping of his wings
    and folded them half in, the angled them upwards, letting his primary flight feathers come
    together to provide resistance, while he wiggled his tertiary flight feathers to adjust his speed.
    His wings were angle and cupped, and his legs were slightly tucked. He fluidy moved his legs
    (not too quickly) down to connect with the earth, then gracefully folded his wings once he had
    gained steady footing. He looked up at the young horse, then opened his wings and shoved off
    into the air, so quickly you could hear the woosh from the air his wings had displaced from the
    lake. He reached Scorch and flapped in place. The colt had to land soon or he would become tired,
    having never really used his wings before. "The fall is not of great distance, but I will accompany
    you on the way down in case you do happen to fall." Flintwing moved his legs ever so slightly
    closer to his body. "Are you ready to land?" he flicked his tail and tossed his mane.
Butters!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sibuna » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:48 am

Scorch | Colt/Yearling | Mountain Herd | Tagged: <Flintwing>

The young colt was already beginning to tire, but he didn't allow his weight to drag him down; and he surely, surely, was not about to complain to Flintwing about it. Scorch wanted to show him his best, including his perstistance and stamina (at least, what he had, since a yearling of that age didn't have a considerable amount). Angling his thin frame a just a little lower than he held his light gray wings, he scrunched them closer so that they weren't fully extended. Flintwing's example was fresh in his mind, but the yearling also recalled memories of other pegasi landing. Like a puzzle, Scorch peiced them all together -- but it was easier said than done. He hovered for a few moments longer before finally starting his decent. As the ground approached, slowly, he began to loosen up how tightly he held his wings, extending them a bit farther out, and churning his front legs, reaching out for a good grip on the earth. When the colt finally had all four hooves back down, his legs trembled slightly, and Scorch felt a twinge of disappointment - he had liked hovering, where he only had to rely on the strength in his wings, which had now tucked back at his side. His landing was far from perfect, he knew, but it brought Scorch down safely, and he would work tirelessly to get it right.
Sibuna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Butters! » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:14 am

⁅ FLINTWING // MALE // OVER STALLION // MOUNTAIN HERD ⁆ ⁅ TAGGED; SCORCH ⁆
    ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
    "Well, you have some work to do on the cleanliness of your landing, but it got you out of
    the sky, and that's what it's for." Flintwing moved his neck in circles until it cracked. He
    felt much better, it'd been bothering him for a while now. "You should practice more in
    the meadow this evening if you want to improve quickly. I have matters to attend to." He
    turned to go but stopped before leaving the grove. He turned his head back. "Very good
    job today, Scorch."
Butters!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iyori » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:12 am

duskfire | stallion | warrior | mountain herd | here
he tried to clear all the thoughts from his mind as he trotted towards the bare, but open fields. it didn't seem along, before he was still a short distance away from the other horses, but there was a small patch of ferns, and nearby a pond with cattails, which was edible. I can't image a foal growing up with limited food like this.. I bet sun herd and snow herd are already eating through the fields of spring grass he thought of the fresh and soft plant, which grew during the time from spring to summer. it was delicious and seemed to always inspire yearlings to become good horses.. according to one of the stories his dam had educated him about. flamefoot probably didn't get any spring grass.. the stallion pushed the thoughts out of his mind as he squeezed his wings tight against his sides and reared, nickering loudly, to alarm the other horses of the food source. they were supposedly fortunate enough.. if only there was a time when the younger yearlings didn't have to worry about eating too much that there was too little for the others.

riverfrost | mare | widowed mare | sun herd |
riverfrost gazed at stonewing, all horses were crowded from all sides of him. they probably believed him.. they thought war would solve all their problems and the death of the horses of the other herds were victory.. but that was not the answer! it felt wrong to think in a rebel- like way against her leader. he was the speaker type of horse, good at telling inspirational lines that got horses to listen to him and do as he ordered, but he knew nothing about rich courage in actions. she could see even the gentle horses like, windtrot (made up horse) were nodding, as if there was something reasonable about it. riverfrost knew that blood spill would only lead to pain and death. she wanted to speak up, snap some sense into stonewing, or remind sun herd of their true nature but she could not bring herself to do so. lowering her ears as the horses war cries filled the air, she backed away, her ears flattened.

brightsky | mare | yearling | mountain herd
brightsky blinked open her eyes to see that she was in her nest, her hooves aimlessly at her sides and her head lowered. immediately, her eyes flashed with concern as she remembered the fall. there seemed to be no major fractures until she tried to pull both of her wings on her side. a jolt of pain ran through brightsky's sight, making her surroundings seem red, but she stubbornly fought against it, her tail shaking with the tremor. I feel like I've fell in one of the tall lava pits, and then rolled in the cold snow herd ice.. then maybe jumped in the jag valleys near the coast of the territory.. don't let little injuries make you act wimpy! you're not a foal. wing hanging limply at her side, she pulled herself up, leaning over on one side to support herself before awkwardly hobbling out, hoping she would not catch any horses attention. it was embarrassing enough to know that she thought she was able to soar above the drift of the clouds when she was clumsy and a poor flier. now.. it was almost unbearable to be trapped to the ground, with a sprained wing and a low self esteem.
iyori

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Butters! » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:40 am

Flintwing approached Brightsky's nest to see if Duskwing was there. He was curious about
    the young horse's progress with her flying lessons today. He tilted his head when he saw
    Brightsky walk out of her nest with one wing looking angled incorrectly. He neighed in
    a harsh tone to grab her attention. Then he called out with a safter whinny to let her
    know he was not upset. "What happened to your wing; are you okay?"

⁅ RICKY // MALE // YEARLING // SUN HERD ⁆ ⁅ TAGGED; RIVERFROST ⁆
    Ricky noticed Riverfrost dejectedly hanging back from everyone else. He puffed up his
    chest and trotted over. Here was a chance to help a horse and work on his charm. A
    win win
    , he thought. He trotted over and bent his head slightly to look at her face.
    "Hey, you okay?" He playfully nipped at her hair. "A pretty mare such as yourself
    shouldn't hide behind her hair. Let the herd see who you are; a stunning pegasus."
    He paused, he was feeling repetitive today, which bummed him out. But he would
    continue to try; after all, he was trying to make this mare feel better. "I'm sure if
    you do all the handsome stallions will be swarming you. I know I would." He gave
    the mare a smile and sat down next to her. That might have sucked, he thought,
    but hopefully I cheered her up. I need to step up my game, I'm getting rusty...
Butters!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iyori » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:10 pm

riverfrost | mare | widowed mare | sun herd |
riverfrost glanced at ricky as he trotted towards her, his words were sweet and amusing to her. "I'm fine.. sleepy I guess." she considered his second statement before nickering, "ah.. I wouldn't say that. thanks for trying though" she nuzzled the young yearling before tilting her head questionably, her motherly personality immediately taking action, have you eaten yet? the herd was eating some delicious, crunchy grass earlier, farther down the moor. there's also some rabbit ear moss near the river. I can pick you some if you want.. for sleeping!", she tilted her head as she gazed at stonewing, who was still changing from higher above. "he's a smooth talker.. but I prefer your type of charming horses", she would whinny in amusement as the mare's ears perked up once again and glanced up, her eyes scanning the surroundings.

brightsky | mare | yearling | mountain herd
brightsky almost leapt as she saw flintwing approach, trying to hide her twisted wing. "I'm fine.", she snapped, sensing his tone, as if she was a foal who needed reassurance. "just some small fall", the yearling would add quickly, realizing that it wasn't best to continue being bitter with any other horse who had nothing to do with it. as the yearling attempted to hobble forward to meet the over stallion's gaze, her limp wing bounced against her side, throbbing with the pain. it would be worse humiliation in her entire life if she had went unconscious in front, therefore she gritted her teeth and dug her hooves in the ground as she held her defiance gaze to the strong leader.
iyori

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sibuna » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:46 pm

Scorch | Colt/Yearling | Mountain Herd | Tagged: <Flintwing, Brightsky>

On his way out to the meadow, or, what was left of it, anyway, Scorch passed by the two pegasus. The yearling paused, slowing as he went by; while too far to hear the words that went between them, Scorch could tell Flintwing was nickering in a sharp, diciplinary tone. The colt also noticed the akward wing somewhat tucked at Brightsky's side. Scorch felt a prick of curiosity and couldn't help but wonder what had happened. But he didn't want to interrupt the two or butt in where he wasn't wanted. And, even if the over-stallion finished what he was saying to Brightsky, he definitely did not want to trot up to the young filly himself to ask what had damaged her wing, for he might risk - he gave a little shudder - a conversation. Talking to other horses, even Flintwing, on some level (which he was a tad bit sad to admit), always gave him a prickly sort of nervous feeling. Scorch's stomach rumbled, intruding and breaking up his train of thought. The colt sighed, his lips flapping, as he was reminded of the reason he had been heading out to the meadow in the first place. Without a second thought, he continued on his way, though his pace was a little quicker now.
Sibuna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Butters! » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:19 pm

Flintwing eyed the filly suspiciously. "I wouldn't get too snappy with me, young pegasus."
    He pounded the earth with his front left hoof. "I am your leader after all, missy. You
    may be injured, but don't injure your reputation because of it." Flintwing decided he
    didn't have time to get into it, so he left it at that. He glared, gave an impatient snort
    and trotted back the way he came, almost flicking her with his tail as he turned. He
    knew he could not lose his temper with the yearlings, they didn't know much better
    and they didn't have good control over their emotions. But even so, Flintwing felt an
    urge to punish her. After all, that's what he would do to an adult who challenge his
    position. He couldn't help but think of the yearlings as adults sometimes; they were
    both so intelligent. Maybe a new era was upon Mountain herd. Fierce warriors with
    brains? Now that would be a formidable herd indeed. He started to imagine it to be
    possible for Mountain herd. Brightsky has nice features, I'm sure she will attract a lot
    of attention from young horses. If Scorch was to steal her for himself then Mountain
    Herd would surely benefit in the future. He shook his head. They were a long way off
    from being grown, no matter how mature they acted sometimes.
    ((Little did he know Ricky had other plans mwahaha))

On his way out of the meadow, Flintwing noticed Scorch slink away. His
    curiosity peaked, and he turned and stealthily trotted after the colt.

⁅ RICKY // MALE // YEARLING // SUN HERD ⁆ ⁅ TAGGED; RIVERFROST, BRIGHTSKY ⁆
    Ricky nodded. "Of course it's true!" he scoffed. "You are a beautiful horse with a shining coat and
    a unique mane color. and you are so much more than you give yourself credit for. He resisted the
    urge to flinch at her next comment. Overprotective mares were about as bitter as some of the grass
    in Mountain Herd's territory. He shivered, he had also eaten too much sweet grass once and had gotten
    an extreme stomach ache. He returned his focus to the mare. "Yes, I am fine. I can get my own food. I
    am a very capable young horse." At her next comment, he was surprised for a second. "Ah, I wouldn't call
    myself charming, but thanks for the compliment." He stood. "Well, I guess I'll be getting back to my nest
    now. It's getting late." He smiled warmly. What he really wanted was to get away before she found out
    where he rested. He wanted to be able to sneak out undetected. Flickerblossom already guessed at his
    plans, but she wasn't an issue. The colt trotted away with a quickness in his steps. The sun was setting,
    so he needed to get going. It was a fine bit of ground to cover for a young horse. He couldn't rely on his
    wings; he needed to save his energy for emergencies, and he tired quickly if he flew for too long. Ricky
    made his way across the land. He made it without too much strain. When he arrived, it was very dark,
    but he saw a young colt about his age stalking about. He then saw an older, muscled horse following
    closely behind, undetected. Ricky shuddered to think of what might happen if they were of different
    herds, and silently thanked the great mare for this reminder that he must be very careful. He was
    treading dangerous ground in more ways than one. But he had to know about his father. He kept his
    eyes on the two horses he passed as he made his way farther into Mountain Herd's territory. He felt
    a bump and heard a sharp inhale before he fell flat on his face, back legs resting on whatever tripped
    him and front legs splayed out in front of him. He looked up and behind him, then down. His heart
    rate steepened when he saw a young filly about his age underneath him. He jumped up and glared,
    opening his wings and trying to look threatening. He relaxed a little when he saw the lame wing at
    her side. Then he got a look a her face. Wow, she's... really pretty, actually. He kept his wings unfolded,
    but puffed up his chest and cleared his throat. He had a smug look on his face. This horse seemed like
    the hard to get type. He had learned it was best to act like a 'bad-boy' around these girls. He sneered,
    "Maybe a warning next time before you jump out like that... wouldn't want to ruin your pretty face."
    His eyes held a mean but playful look. "Pfft, but what should I care. So uh, where's your over stallion?
    Shouldn't he be protecting you?" He stuck his tongue out and squeezed his eyes closed for a second.
    He would play hard to get too, act uninterested in her; like just another colt.
Butters!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sibuna » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:36 pm

Scorch | Colt/Yearling | Mountain Herd | Tagged: <Flint wing, Brightsky>

Scorch had stopped at a decent patch of grass and begun to graze. He allowed his mind to drift as he did, finding comfort in the methodic motion of chewing. Though his ears swiveled and he looked around occasionally, his eyes were glazed and distant. Scorch's tail swished as he leaned down for another mouthful of bitter grass to appease his hungering stomach. Once again, he had became lost in his own world, and he found it comforting. He didn't have to worry about any other pegasi, screwing up, or getting on anyone's nerves. Scorch continued with grazing peacefully.
Sibuna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me