SKY'S THE LIMIT)) closed.

Fantasy animal roleplays featuring animals with special abilities/powers, or fantasy creatures such as dragons, unicorns, etc. However this category does not include fandom-based roleplays such as Warrior Cats or Pokemon

Ideas to spice up the rp <3

Poll ended at Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:35 am

Prophecy
5%
Spreading illness throughout the herds, weakening them
16%
Natural Disaster
16%
New deadly species
5%
Over Stallion Disappearance
21%
Major battles
11%
Forbidden romance
21%
Herds Allying against Eachother..?
5%

Total votes : 19

Re: SKY'S THE LIMIT)) open and accepting!

Postby iyori » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:44 am

moon cloud | mare | lead mare | snow herd | here
moon cloud would flex her muscles, gazing calmly at the crowd of Pegasus grazing. her warriors had found the first sweet grass of the season, and there is nothing more then sweet grass that could bring down a stallion in her herd. right after discovering it, she had posted two warriors on guard, stiffly watching for any threats instead of eating and had snapped for the young' uns to stay near the middle, although they protested for their dignity. she herself adored the sweet grass but refused to take a break from her duty, flicking her mane as a cold breeze passed. however in that very breeze carried the mountain and sun herd scent as they grew relentless and drew nearer and nearer to the borders, in search for water and better grazing ground. it was a horrible idea and she would not allow it. the lead mare promised herself to protect and lead her head coolly. They wanted war? she would give it to them.

duskfire | stallion | warrior | mountain herd | here
duskfire would glide in the sky, gazing down as he saw scorch and brightsky. she was relieved when a few horses began eating the dry grass, no matter of the taste, it was food and edible. the warrior paused to gaze at the strong stallion at his hopeful words. as flintwing ended nickering, he almost went wing bent, something that happened when a Pegasus was so scared or surprised, that they forgot how to fly and plummeted to their death. he opened his mouth to protest, but instead closed it and dipped his head solemnly. "if you are ever to join the golden meadow, I will lead the herd just like you did, and if not, better". he blinked close his eyes, trying to picture flintwing's bloody dream and shuddered. "I think that the yearlings are ready to learn fighting skills and are ready to start practicing flying more often"

flickerblossom | mare | medicine mare | sun herd | here
flickerblossom would gaze as the yearling galloped away. she remembered, once upon a time, she was considered pretty with a shiny, soft and smooth coat, her spots were lighter and she had a wavy, flaxen colored mane with sparkling eyes. mate after mate left her when they discovered she was a weak flier and finally she had seeked independence, with a role in sun herd. as much as the mare wanted to dash after him, and scold him to stay in the territory, there was nothing she had to do with him. from seeing the sparkle in his eyes, flickerblossom already knew that he had discovered something and was going to learn more. she had nothing right to stop him.

brightsky | filly | yearling | mountain | here
brightsky gazed up from her spring flower nest and shook herself to rid of any flower petals stuck. of course some stayed. before long she had trotted out of the cave, looking for her father, to dreamily gaze at the strong warriors take up to the skies, somewhat gracefully lifting. she had to admit, her father was probably the best flier she knew, unlike her who was still trying to fly silently.she twitched her head and began to graze in the crunchy, burn tasting grass, closing her eyes at the bitter taste. it was disgusting and she hoped to never eat it again, but that was all they had for now, and she knew she had to be thankful and set an example for the softer horses around her.

stonewing | stallion | warrior | sun herd
stonewing rose as he whinnied for all the horses attentions. "The great mare visited me in my sleep.. she has told us something! although she does not side with the herds, we are in need of precautions. mountain herd is ready to attack and snow herd to planning to send a freezing wrath on us. we must train hard, all foals will become yearlings early and yearlings will start training after this. our healer is to educate the foals to help the wounded horses and all mares must be fighting. we are faster then them all, after all, we are sun herd!" he wasn't very proud of his speech but he knew it was convincing to give the horses battle spirit. the stallion blinked in satisfaction as horses started echoing his words, a loud cheer of neighs and nickers. his gaze fell on the young filly as he hoofed at the ground. "ricky, I want no nonsense from you. perhaps you can help gather some water in moss to store for in times we need" stonewing hated calling out horses in front of the herd but he knew that all yearlings needed strong discipline and gazed coldly at the colt.
iyori

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Butters! » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:00 am

〈 RICKY // MALE // YEARLING // SUN HERD 〉〈 TAGGED; FLICKERBLOSSOM 〉

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

Ricky was tempted to lick his newly wrapped foot, it smelled so good with
the herbs in there. He recoiled from the thought when Flickerblossom
tightened some cobwebs around it. He had tasted those as a younger
colt and did not like it one bit. His eyes grew suspicious when the
mare questioned him about his adventures. "How do you know that
I haven't waited a few days, perhaps I have." He stole an anxious
glance toward Mountain Herd's territory. It was farther than it had
looked earlier. His ears drooped and his eyes grew solemn. He
hopped up and ran, favoring his sore hoof, before the healer could
reply, shouting back a warm "Thank you!" as he went.

⁅ FLINTWING // MALE // OVER STALLION // MOUNTAIN HERD ⁆ ⁅ TAGGED; DUSKFIRE ⁆

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

He dipped his head towards Duskfire. "I believe in your ability to think and
lead well, and do what is best for the herd." With a mighty push of his wings
Flintwing was moving again, quickly heading for the ground. Right before he
hit it, though, he spread his powerful wings and stopped abruptly, grasping
the ground with his hoofs. He neatly folded his wings. He had stopped next
to the young pegasus, and one was indeed Duskfire's daughter. He smiled
at her warmly. He then turned to the other yearling, Scorch. "Are you both
ready to start flying?" He then whinnied to a warrior nearby with large wings,
calling him over. He felt proud of his herd's strong warriors and he noticed
the strong wings on the young colt named Scorch. He looked at Brightsky and
knew she would do well with her father's training. He was a loyal horse.
Butters!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iyori » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:13 pm

duskfire landed behind flintwing, his head held high as he glanced at his daughter. "as much as this thought is difficult to say.. you will glide as effortlessly as your mother did.. she was the best flier I have ever known, and although you will glide like her, you will never show her spirit.", he shook his head, tossing his mane as he realized that there were other stallions around, listening to his very words. the stallion would bend down, his tail flicking as he watched the horses around him, wondering if they still remembered the playful, but devious, flamefoot. he shook his head as he saw how much alike she was to her mother, and quickly turned to scorch, the most comfortable colt, still feeling quite disturbed.

brightsky watched as the warriors had landed, graceful, which was no surprise. "of course!" the filly would gaze fondly at the strong leader before flexing her wings, already imaging the wind blowing her mane as she flew into the clouds. "there's the clear lake near the pines! we can go there and practice swimming in it.. the water is like the sky, and in order to float in it, you need to master the flying techniques. it's safer and I need to cool down.", she would flap her wing, sending a cold breeze towards herself, starting to wonder if it was wrong to say that in comparison to snow herd's frosty wrath.

stonewing rose as he whinnied for all the horses attentions. "The great mare visited me in my sleep.. she has told us something! although she does not side with the herds, we are in need of precautions. mountain herd is ready to attack and snow herd to planning to send a freezing wrath on us. we must train hard, all foals will become yearlings early and yearlings will start training after this. our healer is to educate the foals to help the wounded horses and all mares must be fighting. we are faster then them all, after all, we are sun herd!" he wasn't very proud of his speech but he knew it was convincing to give the horses battle spirit. the stallion blinked in satisfaction as horses started echoing his words, a loud cheer of neighs and nickers. his gaze fell on the younger horses, the fillies especially, as he felt deep fear, but pushed it aside. every pegasus had to play a role in this role, if it meant sun herd's survival.
iyori

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Butters! » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:59 pm

⁅ FLINTWING // MALE // OVER STALLION // MOUNTAIN HERD ⁆ ⁅ TAGGED; DUSKFIRE, BRIGHTSKY, SCORCH ⁆

Flintwing looked at Brightsky with admiration. "What a smart young pegasus. I would
warn you that it will make you feel heavy when you get out and limit the function
or your wings. However, this isn't very important as you do not have a need for
flying yet nor can you fly anyway so you should not be using your wings too much
for anything else today. Just remember to bathe in the sun after our lesson with
your wings spread out to dry." He looked at Duskfire, then at Brightsky. "Your father
will lead your lessons today." he told her before trotting nearer to Scorch. "I will be
your mentor, Scorch. Your build shows promise; you will become a great flyer and a
strong warrior." He felt inclined to praise Scorch more than necessary. He never saw
the colt really associate with anyone, and he understood it might be due to his busy
schedule, but he needed strong warriors who could work well in the herd. And, if he
was completely honest with himself, Scorch's personality reminded him of his own son.
He felt responsible for making Scorch a useful and faithful member of his herd. The
colt's intelligence surprised him sometimes and he was already picking up flying from
watching Flintwing and the other warriors it seemed. "We may try you in the air today
instead of the pond," he commented. "You seem to have a natural knack for flying."
He hoped his praise would encourage the young horse to try his best. Flintwing felt
that every member of the herd, young and old should be excited to please their
over stallion. He did not often like the constant need for certain horses to always
boast to him about their 'awesome' accomplishments, but he could use the need to
please to his advantage as well as the herd's. The sun reached its apex and Flintwing
neighed, scratching his hoof once across the ground, uprooting some sweet grass.
"The blazing sun is at her full height, we must be going." he touched his nose to Scorch's
back and gave him a small nudge, showing that he was still quick to give orders, even
with all of his praise. He wanted his horses to admire him and feel comfortable around
him, but they needed to know he was in charge and demanded respect. The colt was
only learning though, so flintwing would not be overly strict with him. He gave an
impatient flap of his cream colored wings and ushered the other horses along, towards
the clear lake. "Hurry your haunches, these lessons are important." He let Scorch pull
a bit ahead of him. He would keep up the rear, there were animals spotted near Clear
Lake the other day and he did not want a sneaky fox or racoon sneaking up on the
young horses. the herd needed them to be conditioned for the great war. And if they
were hurt, future generations would be far smaller. It was bad enough that only two
pegasus were borne this season. Flintwing shook his mane, finding himself slowing,
and quickened his pace. He had to focus on the task at hand.
((ahh, sorry I wrote so much r.i.p. readers))
Butters!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sibuna » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:04 am

Scorch | Colt/Yearling | Mountain Herd | Tagged: <Flintwing, Brightsky, Duskfire>

Scorch rolled his overstallion's words through his head over and over again, each time causing the feeling of excitement and pride to swell in his chest and his withers to twitch. Though you might not be able to tell he was feeling this way from the outside, he only allowed himself to hold his head a tad bit higher. Scorch had convinced himself, at an early age, that he would never be like those other young colts, who would prance around with glee and boast to everyone on their first day of flying. Flying! Just the idea of it made him want to whinny with utter joy. But again, Scorch suppressed the urge.
He imagined himself way up there, high in the sky, with a troop of other Mountain Herd stallions; defending their land from the other herds. I will be up there someday, Scorch told himself, but not today. Scorch's eyes gleamed as he continued on with the group.
Sibuna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Butters! » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:50 am

⁅ FLINTWING // MALE // OVER STALLION // MOUNTAIN HERD ⁆ ⁅ TAGGED; DUSKFIRE, SCORCH ⁆

Flintwing paused at the lake and muttered something to Brightsky that the other
horses could not hear. "You stay here, I am going to go to the other side of the
lake with Scorch. I think he already knows how to fly a little bit, I've seen him
try before, and if he already knows how the water is useless to him." He gave
a flick of his tail as he trotted farther, letting Scorch know to follow him. He
left Duskfire with Brightsky to start their lessons. Flintwing headed into a small
grove, where each group could see each other if they wanted but so that the
other would not distract either of the young horses. He rolled his shoulders and
flexed his wings. "Alright, Scorch. Are you ready to begin your lesson?"
Butters!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iyori » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:11 am

duskfire nodded as he nudged brightsky to the lake, which was fairly close, the water was sparkling and clear. immediately, he glided over it, his hooves right above it, but not touching the water as he dipped his muzzle in and soared in circles around it. the filly did not waste a second as she stepped in the shallow area and kicked back her hooves. he was proud when she swam quite well, considering that she was never in the air and decided to test her. "good. I hope flintwing doesn't mind you trying a little in the air." he led her to the bay, hesitating a few minutes to allow the sun to dry the water on their flight feathers before demonstrating how to kick their legs and leap into the sky, before catching it with their wings. brightsky was clumsy and nervous, but soon she was flying as well as a young flying mare should, flying, but low and inexperienced. "good job.", he told her but that seemed to boost her confidence too much. the filly flew higher, and faster, catching the breeze and darting into the clouds. he tried to stop her, extending his speed and shouting at her to come down but it was too late. she put on a last burst of speed before a cold wind came and pushed her, causing her to lose her balance. the filly toppled, falling from the air, her eyes wide with fear, and her wings flapping weakly against the wind, trying to escape it. he made one last attempt, diving for her but as his hoof scraped painfully against the ground, brightsky landed unconscious on the ground with a loud thud.
(continue with scorch's flying lesson, duskfire has got this. I don't mean to interrupt ^-^ )

brightsky followed her father and watched as he flew over the water, seeming as if he was a swan, gliding across the clear water. excitement pulsed through her as she leapt into the water, into the shallows. she felt the water lap at her as she extended her wings and angled herself, propelling herself forward with the small wings and changing direction by simply turning. duskfire nodded in approval and motioned for her to go in the deeper water. the filly beat her wings, spreading them alongside her to imitate the way the stronger stallion flew. she swam just as well now, and seemed to be moving as fast a fish. "good. I hope flintwing doesn't mind you trying a little in the air." she followed him as they waited in the sun for their flight feathers to dry before he jumped into the air, demonstrating with one quick action what she had to do. the bay horse found that swimming was a lot like flying, and she managed to glide in the air without losing her balance. the only problem was the fact that her wings kept bending over and she clumsily wobbled as she flew. it took minutes, hours even but she managed to fly with low precision into the air without leaning over, and having to catch her balance. there was something that the yearling noticed. the seemed to always be a disappointment to the father, the fact that she had most of her mother's looks and some fiery personality. flamefoot had betrayed the herd and left her, leaving her father's heart minor wounded. now, whenever he even looked at brightsky, there was pain in his eyes. he rarely praised her, acted like a father, or even checked on her. duskfire treated her as she was any other yearling and it was painful.. so now when he complimented her, she felt raw pride, and began to advance in speed flying higher. she thought he said something, maybe giving her advice but she kept going. the faster she went, the higher she advanced and brightsky felt the adrenaline running through her blood. the wind pulled her mane so it was flying on her side and the warmth was amazing. the yearling felt happiness and was about to glide down when a cold wind caught her off guard. she struggled to regain her control and pull herself but it was too strong. "Help!", she screeched as she saw her father make one last attempt to save her, but failed. brightsky felt pain as she hit the ground, her vision blackening as she went unconscious, her wings slack at her side.

stonewing rose as he whinnied for all the horses attentions. "The great mare visited me in my sleep.. she has told us something! although she does not side with the herds, we are in need of precautions. mountain herd is ready to attack and snow herd to planning to send a freezing wrath on us. we must train hard, all foals will become yearlings early and yearlings will start training after this. our healer is to educate the foals to help the wounded horses and all mares must be fighting. we are faster then them all, after all, we are sun herd!" he wasn't very proud of his speech but he knew it was convincing to give the horses battle spirit. the stallion blinked in satisfaction as horses started echoing his words, a loud cheer of neighs and nickers. his gaze fell on the younger horses, the fillies especially, as he felt deep fear, but pushed it aside. every pegasus had to play a role in this role, if it meant sun herd's survival.
iyori

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sibuna » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:21 am

Scorch | Colt/Yearling | Mountain Herd | Tagged: <Flintwing>

Scorch nodded, "Yes, sir. I think I'm ready." Shifting his weight from hoof to hoof, he extended his wings, just as a test, before tucking them back in. Scorch did this a few more times experimentally. Since he was only a yearling, and still growing, Scorch's wings were slightly big for his smaller frame. He hadn't paid much attention to it before, but, now, he realized that this was either going to help him catch the wind, or drag him back down to the ground with their weight. Scorch decided to focus on the former option rather than the latter. He watched Flintwing with anticipation, waiting for instuctions.
Sibuna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Butters! » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:48 am

⁅ FLINTWING // MALE // OVER STALLION // MOUNTAIN HERD ⁆ ⁅ TAGGED; DUSKFIRE, SCORCH ⁆
    Flintwing watched as the colt stretched his wings. "Alright, I want you to-" A bird cawed overhead
    right before a thud sounded in the forest. It bounced briefly off of the trees in the grove before it
    faded out. Flintwing looked through the patches in the trees. He saw Duskfire walking towards the
    other side of the lake. "Probably just an animal of some sort; watch my wings." He stretched out his
    wings to their full extent. They looked almost transparent in the sun. He flexed the muscles behind
    his shoulder blades and his wings flapped several times. Then, he pushed himself off with a mighty
    shove, cupping his wings in just the right way to direct the air how he wanted. He flapped about
    ten feet above the colt. "This isn't too high, we can start here. Do exactly as I did, you will get a
    great push into the air. This is important when dodging and when you need to get as far away from
    something as you can. It gives you a fair height to escape danger, and you can easily get flying from
    here, as it is typically below the strong drafts of wind." Flintwing pawed the air. "C'mon now."
Butters!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sibuna » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:37 am

Scorch | Colt/Yearling | Mountain Herd | Tagged: <Flintwing>

After watching Flintwing's demonstration, he felt a slight discomfort in how he would be starting. Everytime that he had gotten into the air previously, Scorch had a good running start, for he didn't have much strength in his spindy legs-- but the last thing he was about to do was contradict his over-stallion on a subject Scorch had such little experience on. Suck it up and get moving; you're acting like a dainty young filly, he chided himself. Attempting to follow Flintwing's example, Scorch put a slight bend in his knees, angled his wings - they were a bit higher up, but Scorch figured it would help give him a better push off the ground - and, with a deep breath, Scorch leapt upwards, forcing down air with a flap of his wings. To his extreme disappointment and embarrassment, it didn't catch. He dropped back down to the packed earth with a stumble. Scorch couldn't suppress a whinny of frustration - he just didn't have enough momentum. Scowling, and before Flintwing could criticize his failure (he hated that, when they kept him from trying again by pointing out all the mistakes he already knew were there), Scorch took another stab at it. This time around, putting more bend in his knees, trying to get a better push-off and a bigger first flap of his wings. At first, he didn't think he would make it, but, by some miracle, blessed horses of the Golden Meadow, he got about three feet with his burst from the ground. With a few more, less strained, flaps of his slightly over-sized wings, he managed to get the last couple of yards to the goal Flintwing had set for him with not much difficulty. Spreading his wings, he managed to float (more or less) than fall back to the ground, keeping his wings out to balance himself as Scorch staggered a few steps before steadying.
Sibuna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me