Secrets of the Faerie Kingdom (Accepting Characters & Res)

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

Secrets of the Faerie Kingdom (Accepting Characters & Res)

Postby Consulting_Angel » Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:00 am

Deep within a forest, through a magical silver gateway that can only be opened and seen by faeries, is the Faerie Kingdom. Miles and miles of mystical forest, with bioluminescent plants, sparkling streams, and villages of magic-made cabins help make up the kingdom. And, in the centre of a small island in the middle of a lake, stands a twisting, silver tree, branches stretching out over the lake, and shimmering, holographic leaves that adorn it. The source of the protection for the kingdom. It is said that many, many years ago, after a war with an evil enchantress and her followers, the silver tree was grown with powerful magic of the force of five Virtues that opposed the enchantress' followers, and said followers were sealed inside it.

The Silver Tree chose the Elder Faerie to lead the kingdom, and also deems whether faeries that wish to join the Silver Guard - the Faerie knights that help protect the tree, Elder and kingdom - are worthy enough. Prospective members of the Silver Guard cross the bridge over the lake to the tree, perform a short ritual in front of the tree, where some of the branches will lower down. If successful, the tree will provide the Faerie with a special weapon to be used during their time as part of the Silver Guard, but if not, it will present nothing.

Recently, however, it has been noted that some of the tree's branches seem to be wilting. More and more reports of sightings of creatures of darkness that seek to attack and destroy the Faerie Kingdom. The protective barriers around the kingdom waning, with discovery sure to be imminent. Indeed, it doesn't help that in one of these moments of weakness, a handful of humans have managed to stumble into the Faerie Kingdom, where they stick out like sore thumbs. But perhaps there is a reason the humans ended up here...

Indeed, when the Silver Tree suddenly breaks open, the five entities of darkness escape, where they wreak havoc before fleeing the kingdom, promising to return to fully take back control.
    The Elder Faerie, using much of his power to temporarily fix the Silver Tree, instructs the Silver Guard to gather reinforcements and bring as many faerie citizens into the main kingdom town as possible, to be protected. And... gives the task of finding the new holders of the Five Virtues, the only ones who could ensure the kingdom has a fighting chance to win against the entities of darkness.

Yes another roleplay shush I got inspired
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Character Roles

Postby Consulting_Angel » Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:02 am

You may have up to three characters - four, if one of them is an Entity of Darkness. Only one can be human, only one can be one of the Virtues, and only one can be an Entity of Darkness. If you wish to play an Entity of Darkness, I highly recommend you have at least one other character, as they will not be played a huge amount until the roleplay calls for them.
You can have more than one Silver Guard character, feel free to suggest or request specific weapons, otherwise you'll be assigned one that is open. There's no limit on Silver Guard characters, provided they each have a unique weapon. Meaning no duplicate weapons.
Humans may or may not discover to have some sort of hidden elemental power, to aid in helping the Faerie Kingdom, granted to them by the Silver Tree during the roleplay.
Characters that are one of the Five Virtues will not find out that they have this power until later on in the roleplay, but they will all be faeries.
PM to reserve, all characters to be posted in the discussion thread.

The Faerie Kingdom
The Elder Faerie: Astraeus Diamond (Consulting_Angel)
The Older Faerie Heir: Kaeden Diamond (SilentMelody)
The Younger Faerie Heir: Zenna Diamond (Spiritstar3)

Silver Guard
Wielder of the -
Silver Crossbow: Alexei Oehri (rogan)
Ethereal Scythe: Carla Blackwood (Queen of flames)
Celestial Shortsword:
Divine Halberd: Mercury Smoke (Consulting_Angel)
Light Darts:
Elysian Trident:
Weightless Axe:
Cosmic Claymore: Valyra Stardust (InfectedHau)

(Unknowingly) The Five Virtues
Knowledge: Ashra Nightthorn (ienrir)
Volition: Zinna Moondrop (Consulting_Angel)
Happiness:
Change:
Solidarity: Nova Sunbeam (Spiritstar3)

Citizens (unlimited)
- An Rae Johnson (Spiritstar3)
- Ellery Quinlan (SilentMelody)
-
-
-

The Humans
Fire: Micha Sowande (ienrir)
Water:
Earth: Makena Laurent (SilentMelody)
Air:
Electric: Hachimitsu Glemment (Queen of flames)

The Entities of Darkness
Deceit: Ulkos Leto (Consulting_Angel)
Apathy: Idana Kyriae (InfectedHau)
Sloth:
Destruction: Pazuzu (Queen of flames)
Silence: Ell Fir (Spiritstar3)
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:54 am, edited 5 times in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Roleplay Information

Postby Consulting_Angel » Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:03 am

Faeries are not small. They are roughly the same size as humans, only with much different fashion, pointed ears, and, of course, wings. Wings can be any shape, size and colour. They have some magic, usually something that is specific to the individual - perhaps one is a particularly talented in healer magic, or in transforming magic, or in protection magic.

The Faerie Kingdom, is set entirely within a mysterious forest, the gateway to which only faeries can see and open - until the Silver Tree starts to weaken, which allows unsuspecting humans to stumble in. Outsiders are not particularly welcomed, usually avoided, since it is meant to be a safe haven for faeries, that have been hunted by humans and creatures of darkness for centuries.

Faeries have their own cabins, constructed out of magic, that they live in, aside from the Elder Faerie, the two heirs, and the Silver Guard, who all live near to the Silver Tree in a large building similar to a small castle.
    While most faeries live in what is considered the 'main town' of the kingdom, which surrounds the Silver Tree, of course, there are many others that have their own settlements around the kingdom.

Members of the Silver Guard are expected to serve as such for the rest of their lives - only those that are truly dedicated are accepted into it. However, other faeries that are not part of the Silver Guard can contribute to the protection of the Silver Tree and the Faerie Kingdom, whether they help tend to the Silver Tree, explore new protection spells and magic or even scout the edges of the Faerie Kingdom for any unusual activity.

Faeries age physically slower than humans after turning 13. They become the equivalent of 18 at 50 years, and then after that, seem to physically age slower. There's no specific rate or rigid specificity to stick to - just don't think about it too hard lol.
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Character Form and Rules

Postby Consulting_Angel » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:47 am

You may use the form below, or your own one.

Code: Select all
[left][img]Realistic FC/Your Own Art[/img][/left][b]Name | Age | Gender | Species[/b]
[size=85][b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Pronouns:[/b]
[b]Role:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] (detailed description, if not using image)

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Bio:[/b][/size]

Rules
- As per usual, all of Tess' rules apply.
- No one- or two-liners, write about 5 or 6 sentences as a minimum for each character.
- Please use reasonable grammar, spelling and punctuation, so others can understand your posts.
- No romantic relations between your own characters.
- Try not to end up in 1x1 (more than six posts altogether of just you and the other person/character), let others get a chance to catch up and reply as well.
- Characters must be 21 or older (or, appear as such) given the setting and roles the characters will have. Naturally, for characters such as the Elder Faerie and the Entities of Darkness, they will have an actual age of several hundred years.
- Please disable signatures in the roleplay thread.
- If you have a question, then let me know!
- Keep OOC chat and character forms to the discussion thread.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Updates & Events

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:53 am

Any updates and events regarding the roleplay will go here!
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Secrets of the Faerie Kingdom (Accepting Characters & Re

Postby Consulting_Angel » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:27 am

Astraeus Diamond
Elder Faerie
Tagged: Open
Astraeus knelt inside of the large, beautiful mausoleum where his wife had been buried, her stone off-centre, leaving space next to it for the day he passed on. Shaped like an enclosed, ornate pagoda, the Elder Faerie often visited, to pray and contemplate. He held onto the belief that burial areas were places where those that had passed on were able to still be there in spirit, even if not physically or able to be seen. The path to it was still lined with tokens of condolences and respect - most notably silvery white tulips with bioluminescent tips that had been her favourite.

Today, he was looking for some sort of guidance that would often come to him here. The Silver Tree was starting to wilt, and it was not something he had known would happen. Particularly five of the most prominent branches, the ones that had represented the Five Virtues. Though the ones that had originally held those powers disappeared many years ago, the branches had shone brightly before. He wondered if those powers had transferred to new holders, and just hadn't been unlocked or discovered yet. As he finished, he heard a sound from outside, as though someone was approaching. He stood up, carefully brushed down his robe, and stepped back outside to see who it was.
With a warm, small, smile, he greeted, "Hello. Good to see you here - is there something you need me for?"

Mercury Smoke
Silver Guard
As dedicated as he was, Mercury really disliked being placed on patrol. He would much rather be in the centre of the kingdom, guarding the Silver Tree, especially as it was starting to wilt. Or being dispatched to take care of some creatures of darkness that had been spotted. Not silently flitting through the edges of the kingdom, only keeping an eye out for disturbances. But he would not complain. Everything he did was part of his duty, and he was proud to serve Elder Astraeus and the Silver Tree. He would not risk something he'd worked most of his life to achieve just to be thought of as anything other than dedicated just because there was one assignment he wasn't fond of. Besides, he'd be able to go back soon anyway.

He'd already been to the smaller villages that were closer to the edge of the kingdom - none of them close enough to be within a dangerous range for a creature of darkness, of course - and there had been no reports from them of anything concerning. Just as he was thinking that it was going to be an uneventful assignment and he could start going back to the Silver Tree, he spotted something up ahead that was... unusual.
Mercury raised an eyebrow, and landed, wings folding against his back as he walked carefully. Eventually, coming into clearer view... was a stranger that he definitely did not recognise. Wings were not visible, and Mercury's eyes widened slightly. He drew his halberd, pointing it at the stranger as he cleared his throat and spoke. "Halt right there. Tell me who you are and what you're doing here."

Zinna Moondrop
Virtue of Volition
"There we go - a tincture to help you sleep. Take three drops right before you get into bed at night, and you'll find it much easier to get to sleep." Zinna said to her customer, smiling as the faerie thanked her and left the apothecary. One of her own cures that she'd developed, Zinna was quite proud of all the work she put into her cures and potions. If she was unable to help herself yet, then she was going to make sure she could help others. It still surprised her the amount of faeries that would come from even the furthest away parts of the kingdom just to find a solution for an ailment from her. She wasn't busy with customers all day every day, of course, she did like to make sure she had a good bit of time for herself, but she did like to make sure she was able to help whenever she was needed.

Since she had some downtime, now, Zinna set herself to reading a book she'd found a few days ago about faerie wings. She'd had a fair few similar books, but this one seemed different. She was hoping that this one would hold an answer or solution to her own wing problem. Thinking of problems... her mind wandered into thinking about the whispers she'd started hearing, about the Silver Tree in the centre of the Kingdom. Apparently it had started to wilt, which was something she definitely did not expect to hear. She rather hoped it was just a rumour, but it was very curious. As she was lost in thought, she jumped when she heard someone knocking on the door to her apothecary. Closing the book and putting it away quickly, she called out, "Come in!"

Ulkos Leto
Entity of Deceit
Tagged: --
A swirling, blue spirit had been dormant inside the Silver Tree. But now, it was starting to wake up. Soon, they would be able to return to their physical form, and cause the chaos that they had been destined to cause. And... what was this? A tiny, sliver of a crack... oh how curious, how wonderful! But it was not weak enough yet, no, not yet... but soon. Very soon.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfectedHau » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:28 am

Valyra Stardust||Silver Guard||Location: Vivienne's Tomb|| Tagged: Astraeus
    Valyra's armor clinked softly as she walked up to the mausoleum entrance, the sound oddly conspicuous amidst the otherwise silent glade. Her wings, sat folded on her back, giving the appearance of a long, flowing cloak, her sacred weapon nestled between her shouder blades. It would be hard to tell for anyone who didn't know her well, but her already terse resting expression was even more grim and sharp, the face of someone who had bad news to deliver.

As she reached the mausoleum entrance, the Silver Guard came to an abrupt parade rest, snapping to the position with almost mechanical efficiency. When Astraeus emerged, she offered him a traditional salute- a formal bow with her right hand over her heart, fingers splayed. "Reporting on the condition of the Silver Tree, milord," she said, returning back to parade rest, "It's getting worse. The branches are still wilting, nothing our mages do seems to be able to heal or restore them. What's worse, we've got patrols coming back with reports of increased activity in the woods; the creatures of darkness are growing bolder. We're doing what we can, but we may have to come to terms with the fact that our protection is starting to wane." It was grim news,to be certain, the Silver Tree had protected them from the outside world for generations. With it dead, fending off the darkness would be much harder, to say nothing of what might happen to the entities still within.

Idana Kyriae||Entity of Apathy||Location: Inside the Silver Tree|| Tagged:--
    InfectedHau

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:37 am

Zenna Diamond- f- 400- faerie- bi- The Younger Faerie Heir- Protection/shielding- Astraeus x Vivienne: older sibling- Tags: Astraeus, Valyra

The gentle and happy go lucky but stubborn and strong willed female sighed. Her long darkly colored hair was pulled partly back, and that part of it was braided down. The five foot eight slender but somewhat muscled one hummed. The darker skinned one let light gray eyes wander. She had a flower painted or dyed up one of her arms. She brushed a hand over it, then smoothed down her dark blue dress. She had her circlet on, and she straightened it a bit. Beautiful translucent and iridescent butterfly wings resembling a moonlight or blue moon butterfly fluttered. She looked at the tomb a moment. She was standing a distance away, right now.

She finally decided to go over, and began the walk to where her mother was. However, as she got closer, she saw one of the Guard were there...Valyra was speaking to Astraeus, so Zenna sighed and stood back. She watched the two of them quietly, then took a breath. Walking closer, she said "Hello father; hello Valyra," and looked at the Guard. She nodded her head to Valyra, then looked to Astraeus once more.

Nova Sunbeam- m- 196 (22)- faerie- homosexual; Mercury- Holder of Virtue Solidarity- Empathy- paints and dances- Tags

The sweet and soft but also shy and nervous male hummed a small sound. His gorgeous, fiery ginger hair reaches past the shoulders. He had the usual braid on one side of it, just a small braid. Otherwise, his hair was loose on the side, his hair all loose aside from the braid. He smoothed down his dark red shirt and dark green vest. He was also wearing nice trousers and dark red boots with golden designs. Beautiful Monarch type wings moved a bit behind him. The shorter and slender, soft featured and tanned one shook his head.

Darker ambery eyes looked around a moment, and he smiled to himself. He then began to walk, feeling a bit bored so he was just walking.
    -possible wip-

An Rae Jenson- genderfluid- 200- faerie- pan- SO: open- Citizen- Wind- parents: Luc- caretaker for children- Tags: Zinna

The attractive, athletic but slender one hummed a bit, gray eyes looking about. Medium length eyelashes framed these gorgeous eyes. Their shoulder length black hair currently had dragonfly clips in it. They had a butterfly on one arm and dragonfly on the other, having a love of art. They smiled as they ran a hand over one of these. They then shook their head, the tanned one focusing on the kids again. Giant Leopard Moth wings were hunched to their back. They smiled as the boys, Roman and Virgil and Janus, ran around them.

They then looked down, at their white shirt and dark gray vest, softer gray trousers and boots. The boots had a silver pattern upon them. They jumped a bit when one of the girls cried out, and turned to her. It seemed her friend had accidentally scratched her, and An sighed a bit. They hurried the girl to Zinna's place, knocking on her door. When she answered, they said "One of the girls accidentally scratched the other...Her mom really needs to cut her nails. Anyway, um...do you have anything for this?" she asked.

Ell Fir- agender- 800- Entity of Darkness- Asexual- Entity of Silence- considers the others as family- power causes utter silence, also shadow ability enhances- Tags: other entities

The humanoid one, with long wavy brown hair, athletic and slender, was in the tree. All the Entities were, so they weren't alone here. The sharper nailed, pretty one with green skin like leaves was in a spirit state right now. They usually had a green heart marking on their forehead. They also had green brown heterochromia with white pupils. However, right now they looked more like a spirit, and were waiting.
    Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Spiritstar3

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Queen of flames » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:05 am

Carla Blackwood - Fairy - Silver guard - female - tags: open
    ~~~~
    She was on her guard duties just like always, she didn't really have other life than guarding the silver tree or the civilization of the fairies. She took a more open area to train her weapons, she liked to keep her abilities well-trained and always discover something new, to use her skills at. Now there were rather calm days which are good but for a trained guardian, who lives for a fight those days are sometimes very boring. Of course, she could use those days to relax and train, which she usually does, she doesn't waste her days on something like socializing with others, if it's not necessary. She wondered where the guards of crossbow, darts, or Axe were as training with those was good practice for her Scythe. As the axe was strong and heavy, crossbows and darts were a little bit harder to figure out where they hit, and she could not read her opponent's mind either to tell what they were planning to do. For Swords, and Tridents they were not that much different than her scythe, so she was learning to figure out the movements that those users are planning to do.

Hachimitsu Glemment - human - electric - male - tags: open
    ~~~~
    He lived in the rooms above the restaurant where he was being worked at. He didn't have that much money so he didn't really have much of anything only the basic stuff, the restaurant owner helped him a lot though. He didn't take many days off but now when they had some new employees the owner gave him a vacation day. He sat on his sofa to watch the TV as he didn't know what else to do, maybe he could meet some friends today, but his lack of money was a problem. He didn't want to ask anyone to buy him things, and he didn't want to bring his friends into cheap places that were most likely uncomfortable for them. He took a sight, maybe he could just take this day for himself only and go to the cheap shop to do some shopping and then just chill out. The day seemed to be beautiful today, the sun was shining and there was suitable weather.

Pazuzu - Entity of Darkness - Destruction - genderless - tags: none
    ~~~~
    Posting for them sometime later...
    Queen of flames

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:49 am

Astraeus Diamond
    Elder Faerie
    Tagged: Valyra, Zenna
    Valyra was one of the highly trusted Silver Guard. Astraeus was deeply grateful for her, and the other members of the Silver Guard, that were so dedicated to protecting the tree and the kingdom alongside him. He was especially grateful that Valyra was being candid with him in regards to the health of the Silver Tree. He'd rather hoped that things would start looking up, but false hope would do nothing to help. He'd hoped to find an answer while he was here, a solution of some sort that would fix what was broken. He would suggest seeking out the holders of the Virtues, but there was no way of knowing where they even were now. He knew that specific branches of the tree would glow brightly depending on which Virtue was near it, but it would be quite the task to get every Faerie in the kingdom to line up at the Silver Tree in the hopes that they were one of five holders... there were thousands of Faeries... and to do that before the Silver Tree split? The branches would still glow, yes, but by that point the Entities of Darkness would be released and that didn't bear thinking about.

"Thank you for the update, Guard Valyra, however bleak. I will cast another Sealing Spell on the Silver Tree shortly - any extra time I can find for it is vital." Astraeus replied, bowing his head slightly as he spoke. He looked up as another Faerie approached, noting her to be Zenna, his daughter. Quite useful timing, he thought, as he spoke again, "Hello, Zenna. Please, if you could find your brother, I have an important task for the both of you." Astraeus requested, then he looked back towards Valyra, and added, "If you would accompany me back to the Silver Tree, I would be most grateful."

Mercury Smoke
    Silver Guard
    As dedicated as he was, Mercury really disliked being placed on patrol. He would much rather be in the centre of the kingdom, guarding the Silver Tree, especially as it was starting to wilt. Or being dispatched to take care of some creatures of darkness that had been spotted. Not silently flitting through the edges of the kingdom, only keeping an eye out for disturbances. But he would not complain. Everything he did was part of his duty, and he was proud to serve Elder Astraeus and the Silver Tree. He would not risk something he'd worked most of his life to achieve just to be thought of as anything other than dedicated just because there was one assignment he wasn't fond of. Besides, he'd be able to go back soon anyway.

He'd already been to the smaller villages that were closer to the edge of the kingdom - none of them close enough to be within a dangerous range for a creature of darkness, of course - and there had been no reports from them of anything concerning. Just as he was thinking that it was going to be an uneventful assignment and he could start going back to the Silver Tree, he spotted something up ahead that was... unusual.
    Mercury raised an eyebrow, and landed, wings folding against his back as he walked carefully. Eventually, coming into clearer view... was a stranger that he definitely did not recognise. Wings were not visible, and Mercury's eyes widened slightly. He drew his halberd, pointing it at the stranger as he cleared his throat and spoke. "Halt right there. Tell me who you are and what you're doing here."

Zinna Moondrop
    Virtue of Volition
    Tagged: An Rae
    Zinna looked down at the young faerie that had been hurt, while An Rae explained what had happened. She was a little disappointed that it was quite the easy fix - not that she'd want anyone, particularly the younger ones, to be seriously hurt- but she did like it when she was approached with something more interesting to heal. She kept those thoughts to herself, though, and she nodded. "Of course. Give me just a moment." Zinna replied, with a warm smile, and she quickly found what she was looking for - a sweet-smelling dropper bottle and a roll of bandages. All her supplies were kept at a height on the shelves that she could easily reach. There were many shelves that were higher up, but given she could not fly... well, they went unused. She returned to An-Rae and the younger faerie, and crouched down.

"Now, this might sting just a teeny-tiny bit, but it'll heal that scratch up very quickly, okay?" Zinna explained. She unrolled a short length of the bandage, and then used the dropper in the bottle she'd brought over to add a few drops of the liquid inside it to the bandage. Then, she carefully wrapped the bandage around the younger faerie's arm, tying it firmly, before standing back up again. "There we go! You'll be right as rain in no time."

Ulkos Leto
    Entity of Deceit
    Tagged: --
    A swirling, blue spirit had been dormant inside the Silver Tree. But now, it was starting to wake up. Soon, they would be able to return to their physical form, and cause the chaos that they had been destined to cause. And... what was this? A tiny, sliver of a crack... oh how curious, how wonderful! But it was not weak enough yet, no, not yet... but soon. Very soon. [/quote]
    Consulting_Angel

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me