Shipwrecked on Grey Mist Island (Accepting~)

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

Shipwrecked on Grey Mist Island (Accepting~)

Postby Consulting_Angel » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:31 am

Plot
    The crew of The Pandora are - or were - on a mission to discover the treasures that are said to be hidden within a cove far from their home kingdom, Gwildor. However, they ignore the warnings that they are given, as they are due to pass by the infamous Grey Mist Island, said to be inhabited by terrifying creatures both on the island and in the sea around it, and jagged rocks spike out of the sea, making it very difficult to traverse.
    Indeed, as they approach, navigating The Pandora becomes an arduous task that is worsened by the rough sea and a storm that falls on them. Efforts to remain on course are fruitless, and it isn't long before The Pandora is battered by the jagged rocks and the crew are flung into the sea.

Fortunately, however, many of the crew awaken on an island. The very Grey Mist Island that they were warned about. Despite its name, it is not very misty at all - at least, not during the day - but it does span several miles. It is also not entirely deserted. There are other humans on the island - at least, they seem human. A small town has been built near to where the crew washed up, and there are other residential areas just like this one across the whole island.
    Not everyone is particularly interested in nor welcoming to the washed up humans, however, and less so want to help them rebuild what little is left of The Pandora so they can get home safely, preferring they were cast back out to sea undefended or at least left to fend for themselves on the island.

The crew may also learn that the inhabitants of the Grey Mist Island aren't exactly as human as they seem to be either. Will they encounter the creatures as they really are? Will they even be able to make it off Grey Mist Island intact? And what secrets and treasures are hidden on the island that they may uncover?
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Character Roles

Postby Consulting_Angel » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:37 am

You may have up to three characters, but only one can be a crew member of The Pandora.
All crew members are humans, the Grey Mist Island residents are some form of water-based supernatural being (siren, merfolk, kelpie, selkie, serpents, etc) that can have a human form (or not, if you'd prefer).
Post all characters to the discussion thread.

The Pandora Crew
The Captain - Darius Rouleau (Consulting_Angel)
The Navigator - Annamarie "The Ghost" Corwin (∂αмє υмвяα)
The Shipwright -
The Cook - Dabi Van Keemer (Queen of flames)
The Medic - Natalia Evans (Spiritstar3)
Regular Crew:
- Aquila Vesperus (Fortune's Fool)
-
-

Residents of Grey Mist Island (unlimited)
- Vivian Abyss (Consulting_Angel)
- Nikolai Ryba (Consulting_Angel)
- Jesh (Spiritstar3)
- Xemaiko Thoth (Fortune's Fool)
- Celeste "Valencia" (Queen of flames)
- Kara "Midnight" Harrow (∂αмє υмвяα)
-
-
-
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Island

Postby Consulting_Angel » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:37 am

Grey Mist Island spans several miles across both ways. It is surrounded by a mixture of sand and rock beaches, further inland the sand/rock becomes grassland. There's plenty of open areas, often with wildflowers, plants and berries growing within them. The only times these have been cleared out is for the small towns that have been established across the island. These towns are mostly just log cabins and shelters for residents to rest and sleep in, as well as where residents gather to cook meals and eat together, though there's also the occasional amenities, such as a medical centre, a meeting pavilion and a watchtower. There's also designated farming space within each town, so crops can be grown, harvested and stored without needing to go out too much for food supplies.

There's also several forests on the island. A variety of mushrooms grow within them, though not all are edible. Most forests also have several fruit trees and berry bushes. These forests can also be dangerous, even to the residents. Wild boars and giant spiders are the most common, but there's also known to be bears, badgers and even deer. There's a wide variety of insects such as beetles and butterflies, as well as small frogs, but most pose no threat.
Various streams and small rivers can be found running through the island and forests, but curiously, don't seem to have a specific source aside from the centre of the island, which is a large reservoir.

And, of course, there's also the caves. Largely unexplored, and are not easy to search. Residents that prefer to keep away from others may choose to live inside them, purely for the shelter aspect they provide - though there's the occasional resource and rare root or plant that can be found in them.

The name of Grey Mist Island comes from the mist that shrouds the island from the outside. On it, during the day, it is mostly clear, though, despite the misty appearance from outside. It does get very misty at night, however, and it is not recommended to go out exploring at night because of how easy it is to get lost.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Character Form and Rules

Postby Consulting_Angel » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:00 am

You may use the form below, or your own one.

Code: Select all
[left][img] [/img][/left][b]Name | Age | Gender | Species[/b]
[size=85][b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Pronouns:[/b]
[b]Abilities:[/b]
[b]Role:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Short Bio:[/b][/size]

Rules
- As per usual, all of Tess' rules apply.
- No one- or two-liners, write about 5 or 6 sentences as a minimum for each character.
- Please use reasonable grammar, spelling and punctuation, so others can understand your posts.
- No romantic relations between your own characters.
- Try not to end up in 1x1 (more than six posts altogether of just you and the other person/character), let others get a chance to catch up and reply as well.
- Characters must be 21 or older, given the setting and roles the characters will have.
- Please disable signatures in the roleplay thread.
- If you have a question, then let me know!
- Keep OOC chat and character forms to the discussion thread.

Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Shipwrecked on Grey Mist Island (Accepting~)

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:45 am

Darius Rouleau
Human | The Captain
Tagged: Other Crew/Open
The sun warmed his face, drying him off. The sound of the sea lapping against the shore... wait. Darius woke up, shielding his eyes with an arm as he slowly sat up. Everything hurt. But at least he wasn't dead, like he thought he'd be just before he'd been thrown from The Pandora. That storm... he tried to remember. It had been worse than any storm he'd ever been through. It was like it was setting out for revenge against him and the rest of the crew personally. The crew... he looked around, up and down the shoreline that he could see, breathing a short sigh of relief. He was not alone. It seemed most of the crew had also washed up on the island. But only most... he hoped that the rest of them were elsewhere on the island, because the alternative was too upsetting to think about.

And then was The Pandora. His beloved ship. The front half - if it was even half of it - was shored up, someway down, the mast snapped in half. But the rest of it... well, the rest of it was in pieces or still out at sea. Completely unsalvagable. Darius' heart fell. He'd rather be dead. He stood up, slowly, and stumbled over to what remained, placing a hand on it, as if he wasn't sure if it was real. "No..." he murmured, stepping away, trying to figure out what to do next. If there was even anything he could do.

Vivian Abyss
Siren | Resident
Tagged: Open
The skies cleared, the sun radiated down. The sea was once again calm, now that the ship that had attempted to pass by was thoroughly wrecked on the rocks that jutted out of the sea. Vivian's storms were not easy to overcome. And the siren was sat on a rock, a fair way from the shoreline of the Grey Mist Island, looking over the aftermath of her storm. She knew that some of the crew had somehow got washed up onto the shore, but she doubted that they'd survive more than a few days... if they didn't get any help from the other residents. Some of them were too open-hearted, too helpful. Pirates and sailors didn't deserve any sort of pity, they were all the same. Only looking out for themselves and ways to make money. It disgusted her.

Vivian idly swirled her scythe-like trident in the sea. Another storm was tempting... but she'd wait until the next ship tried to pass by, or the remaining sailors of The Pandora attempted to leave the island - that would surely finish them off. Still, perhaps there'd be some enjoyment to be had in other ways. She watched the shore, the rock that she sat on just far enough away to not be too noticeable, but close enough that she was still able to make out what was going on. It seemed the crew were just starting to regain consciousness.

Nikolai Ryba
Sea Serpent | Resident
Tagged: Open
Nikolai did not always spend a lot of time in the town. It wasn't really a place that he tended to hang out. But, he didn't mind it, even though to him it was just a place to sleep and rest and eat. His cabin, he'd built by himself, a sturdy, but somewhat small thing, with one room. It was plenty for him. But there was no shortage of new residents that looked for somewhere to call home, and so Nikolai tended to help out with building new cabins. He'd helped build most of the structures in the town, including the pavilion that residents would gather in the evenings to eat together.

Now that the storm had passed, Nikolai was set out to help build another small cabin. The storms seemed to be getting more frequent, some of them harsher than he'd ever expected. Nothing that had managed to destroy the island or the towns, but he knew that the ships that would be passing by just as the storms started weren't ever so lucky. He didn't remember the last time there was a survivor from the sea. Still, he kept working, even as he heard that a few residents were planning to go down to the nearby shores to see what, if anything, had washed up.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fortune's Fool » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:16 am

Aquila Vesperus || Human Crewmate || ~Darius
    Consciousness didn't so much come slowly to her as it did come in like the tide -- a slow ebb of sensations. The ache of her limbs and throbbing of her head, the taste of salt on her tongue, sunlight on her skin and the distinct sense that opening her eyes to it was going to be rough. Memories came slower -- the quickly brewing storm, desperate attempts to secure what she could, the creaking and cracking of treated timber and the water dragging her and her brother overboard at almost the same time as they tried to reach each other -- or at least it felt like it, but realistically she hadn't been awake for very long when with a groan she rolled onto her stomach before lifting herself up to her knees and opening her eyes. No way in hell she was opening her eyes with the sun bearing down on her directly into them and a sudden coughing fit triggered by the movement brought up water. Yeah. Yeah that made sense. And while it certainly didn't help her head or her aching body in general there was no sharp pains anywhere important, which seemed like a good thing as she tested a few deep breaths.
    The next step was getting on her feet and she managed that without too much trouble, shielding her eyes as she took stock. She wasn't alone on this beach, thankfully. A few forms were scattered up and down the stretch she could see and at least some of them seemed to be moving. None of them matched the profile of her brother, but she shoved down the panic the realization sparked in her. It wasn't as if they hadn't expected this, hadn't discussed it, and for all she knew he was just.. somewhere else. There were more pressing issues, like the form she watched stumble their way to the skeleton of the ship. There was no need to guess who that was even from a distance and Aquila half-limped toward him. "Captain?" Her voice was quiet, intending to draw his attention not startle him if he was too lost in thoughts, but her voice was far rougher than usual. Likely a result of the salt water she'd swallowed and then coughed back up.

Xemaiko Thoth || Leviathan || ~Open
    Had anyone been around to see it, Xemaiko's irritation still would have been palpable. A mere few weeks he'd been gone, and what had he been greeted with on his return but a distinctly unnatural storm shattering a ship upon the rocks and turning its debris into obstacles he was not willing to risk his haul of plants or his tail fins navigating with the storm still ongoing. It had only just cleared up, allowing him to find a stretch of beach that didn't have humans strewn about it. A thankfully rocky stretch, so he could find a good place to drag himself up without getting covered in sand before downing the silvery liquid he carried in one of the salvaged flasks on his hip that would allow his scales to soften into skin once more and his tail to melt into legs.
    Moments later he was properly standing on the beach, fully dressed and with his deep blue cloak over his shoulders, despite the sun now beating down, covering his bag and the flasks. Water still dripped from his hair and into his face but he ignored it as he glanced around to pinpoint exactly where on the island he'd emerged.
Fortune's Fool

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:27 am

Natalia Grace Evans- f- 32- human- Medic- Bi; Darius- SO open- may want kids (if they're even allowed)- Tags: Darius and Aquila

The good and kind but stubborn and willful woman made a small sound. They'd been sailing, she remembered that...and now she was asleep, or unconscious. Well, not anymore, she'd begun to regain her senses. The woman with the dark hair that almost looked purple in areas finally opened her eyes. Her glasses were, thankfully, beside her. The pencil she'd had in her hair was gone... She quickly grabbed the glasses, putting them back on so she could actually see. She then let herself look at the ship, or what was left of it.

She sighed as she did, then shook her head and turned green eyes to the others. She saw Darius and Aquila, so her lips twitched with what wanted to become a smile. She stood and brushed sand off herself. She straightened out her white coat, and brushed off the greenish shirt again. She patted at her blue jeans a couple times as well. Stray bits of sand came off of there but not much, so her first attempt must have gotten rid of much of it. She nodded to herself a bit. She then walked over to the two, saying "Captain, Aquila."

Jesh- f- 21- Kelpie- Grey Mist resident- human, Kelpie, great swimmer, fast runner- pan; Nikolai- SO open- Buckk x Reme: 4 other siblings, Joan- Tags: Nikolai/open

The sweet but shy, headshy but friendly redhead hummed a small sound. Medium lashed brown eyes looked around for a bit, then she sighed some. A hum escaped from her nice enough looking lips. The fair skinned but pale, long and curly haired one looked again. She smoothed down her purple shirt, and looked at her blue pants or shorts. She then shook her head, and grabbed her purple ribbon. She let Reem secure the ribbon into her hair for her, always having trouble doing it herself. Of course, she'd have to learn how, maybe.

She was moving out of the house, which honestly maybe should have happened a couple years ago. They'd told her she could come visit. She went to see the progress on the cabin, finding Nikolai there. He was the one building it, so...of course he'd be there. She was going to miss seeing Joan all the time...but again, she could come visit. Shaking her head, she called "Hey Nikolai. How is the cabin coming?" she then asked the male, who was a Sea Serpent. She then twitched a bit as she heard some of the residents speak of going to the shore.

(hope its okay I said its going to be her cabin)
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen of flames » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:05 pm

Dadi Van Keemer - Crew Cook - male - human - homosexual
tags: open

He got up early in the morning, which was never a problem for him as he enjoyed working in silence when most others were still sleeping. He also knowed that most crew members were not patient enough to wait for their breakfasts, he also was not in the mood to listen to all those angst morning person to whine for their food, if they were not under their noses when they woke up.

He didn't have too different food in the mornings, very basic things, sandwiches with different fillings, a pot of porridge for those who wanted it, they had curd and yogurt in the fridge, so he didn't need to do anything with them. He made a pot of coffee, and hot water for tea. Everyone could take juice and milk from the refrigerator themselves.

As most of everything was done he just sat down to small break mode on the side of the kitchen, which was made for him to take breaks for his jobs in a while. He took a cup of tea and ate one snack which he was made for himself yesterday. He listened as some of the conversations happened near the captain's place, which was only a room away from the kitchen.

Celeste "Valencia" - Island resident - female - Ghost/ Sea dragon - demisexual
tags: open

The ghost of her former self, which didn't look like herself anymore actually she didn't even remember how did she look like 300 years ago when she was still alive. She wanted to get those dark things out of her mind, so she was happy that she found a place with no humans around, as she near humans she felt anxious, left out, and jealous of them. She lost her life at the age of 21 or maybe more she was not sure anymore, but still too young, and there were times when she questioned why me. In her long years of living as a ghost or a monster, there were times when she could see a human lifetime going from young children to old people, with happiness and hardships, but still, they were alive.

Near the island she didn't have a place to live, she lived whenever she felt she wanted to be at the moment. Could she stay near the water as her ghost self, or maybe hide under the deep water in her sea dragon form? Now she sat down to the old half-sunked and broken boat bridge. There were not seen ships, boats, or anything for so many years she could remember, she was not even sure why was there even a bridge for them.

She watched the blue sea as far as she could see in the distance. She opened her mouth to sing something came to her mind from the past, was it a song she maybe heard from her mother as a child? She was not sure but the song felt familiar and she remembered most of the lyrics.
Queen of flames

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:55 pm

Darius Rouleau
Human | The Captain
Tagged: Natalia, Aquila
His chest felt tight as he stared at the remains of The Pandora. His ship... there was was no way he could see it getting repaired... obviously. There seemed to be hardly anything left in the interior, but that hardly mattered now.

Before he could spiral, he heard the voice of one of his crew members behind him. Aquila's voice was distinct enough to recognise, even being rougher than usual. His own voice was likely rougher as well, what with the salt water. Darius took a deep breath. He couldn't let anyone see how devastated he was right now. He had to put on a brave face, lead everyone through this situation. He couldn't quite muster up his usual smile, but he did manage to keep a neutral expression.

Turning around, he nodded towards Aquila in greeting. "Aquila. At least someone else is awake." Darius said. Thinking of that... he hadn't seen Aquila's brother on his walk over to the remains of The Pandora. He held onto a bit of hope that he ended up elsewhere on the island. Not long after that, he saw another member of the crew, Natalia, approaching as well. He also nodded towards the medic, quite relieved that someone else had also made it. "Jesh. That makes three of us so far."

Vivian Abyss
Siren | Resident
Tagged: Dadi
Vivian watched as a few of the humans had walked over to the remains of their ship, but where they'd stood meant they were out of sight now. She sighed. Boring. It was quite amusing to see the devastation they'd have. She wondered how long it would take before they realised that some of the crew did not wash up on the island with them. They were lucky she even let that much of the ship and crew end up on the shore. Now she was bored again. It was unlikely there'd be another ship passing by for quite a long while, so she'd just have to content herself with playing with what was left of the crew.

She dived into the ocean in a graceful arc, then started swimming up to the island. Once she was near enough to tread water, she turned into her human form, her black top extending to her knees as a dress. It took a few moments to figure out her footing, since she did not use her human form often. Then, Vivian wandered down the shore, until she found a crew member that was still unconscious. She poked him with the end of her scythe-like trident - not the sharp end, the other end - before using it to roll him onto his back.

Nikolai Ryba
Sea Serpent | Resident
Tagged: Jesh
He was about finished with the walls of the log cabin, both the exterior and a couple of interior to create two rooms. Someone else was meant to be fitting in the door, a couple of windows, and the roof, so that left him to finish building in a small sheltered front porch. It was helpful that someone had been able to bring some tools from the mainlands, and a few residents had been brave enough to explore a couple of the caves on the island to bring back stone and even ore. But that didn't mean the job was easy.

As he worked, he heard someone call over to him, asking about the progress. Nikolai gestured for her to come over. "Is going well. Foundations are done, just working on the porch. It will be ready before sunset." he explained, and waved as another resident had approached to start working on the roof. He didn't often have a lot to do during the day, so he liked helping build the log cabins. It gave him something to do, and he quite liked seeing the end results.
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:05 am

Natalia Grace Evans- f- 32- human- Medic- Bi; Darius- SO open- may want kids (if they're even allowed)- Tags: Darius and Aquila

The green eyed woman rubbed her forehead a bit, and let out a small sigh. She stared at the remains of The Pandora for a bit longer. That had been such a lovely ship...why would the sea destroy it? Not that the sea had a mind of its own...but something else did. Not that she knew there were non humans here, so she didn't even think on that. She let out another sigh, then turned her attention to the others.

She knew Aquilla, at least enough to know the other had a brother on their ship. She hadn't seen the man anywhere, and in fact hadn't seen most of the others. These were the only two she'd seen so far. She got a bit worried over this fact, her need to heal or at least help kicking in. She looked to the others after a moment (XD its Natalia, but anyway). She nodded to the man, saying "Hello, Captain. I'm sorry about the ship," she said with yet another sigh. She then nodded to Aquila, saying "Hello Aquila," to the other as well.

Jesh- f- 21- Kelpie- Grey Mist resident- human, Kelpie, great swimmer, fast runner- pan; Nikolai- SO open- Buckk x Reme: 4 other siblings, Joan- Tags: Nikolai/open

The brown eyed redhead hummed a bit, as she looked over the house. She noted that the walls had been finished, or mostly so anyway. Seeing as he was still doing some work, though it seemed to be on a little porch type area. She shook her head a bit. She smiled a bit as she looked at the cabin, then turned her attention back to him. She looked around a moment, seeing another resident. They must be here to do windows or the door. The roof would definitely need two or more people to put it up, or so she assumed.

She smiled and nodded when Nikolai then told her it was going well. She said "Good...that's good," and looked at the other resident approaching. She tilted her head as she realized they were working on the roof. "Do they...not need anyone else to help on the roof?" she asked. She asked because she was just curious. She figured a roof, even made of wood, could be heavy, or at the very least being up there alone could be bad. Slipping and falling was a possibility. She felt a bit of worry, at the thought of anyone working alone.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me