A Land of Myth, and a Time of Magic (Accepting!)

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

Re: A Land of Myth, and a Time of Magic (Accepting!)

Postby Consulting_Angel » Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:34 pm

Eadric Beaumont
The King
Inside Palace
Tagged: Ceolmund, Valour, Various
He hardly seemed to notice - or was fazed - by Ceolmund's severity. He was often quite stern himself, though only really with other people, and today just wasn't a day or time that required such a thing from him just yet. Some things, Eadric noted to himself, just don't change, as Ceolmund broke formality about the Sir Valour, having noticed the King looking at him, no doubt. "I'd expect nothing less, given he beat one of my best just a few months ago." Eadric replied. He could certainly do with more knights like Sir Valour, though he would not say that out loud. At least, not in front of everyone. Indeed, with Sir Valour kneeling before him and being very complimentary, that put the knight even more in Eadric's favour. "I'm sure we'll not disappoint you on that part." Eadric said to Valour, before refocusing on Ceolmund.
"I'd have to ask Ivar for something stronger for my shoulder, but I'm just as skilled as I was back then."
It has been quite a while since he'd sparred, but it wasn't the sort of thing one would forget.

Deciding that the group had spent quite enough time outside - and sure that lunch being cooked was underway - King Eadric addressed everyone. "Let us go inside, before it gets too much warmer. Our Groom will take good care of your horses." he said, and started the lead of going inside the palace.

Vivienne Griswold
Visiting Royal
Inside Palace
Tagged: Yvette, Jessabel, Various
Vivienne raised an eyebrow as her father and King Eadric spoke, which went unnoticed - by Eadric, at least. But she figured that it was just because she knew that the two were close. It was still a little boring, having to just stand there, but she minded herself to be patient. She could have some fun later on, hopefully after they all ate. Maybe she'll get to test herself against the Isildra Knights - as long as they didn't let the fact that she was a Visitor and a royal hold them back.

As the group started to go inside, Vivienne moved to hand the reins of her horse to the Groom - as pointed out by King Eadric.
"Thank you," she said to the Groom - she normally liked to handle her own mare, but figured sticking with the group was best for now. Then, she glanced back at the servant that had joined them - Yvette. Yvette was probably her most trusted servant, a confidant of sorts. "Have you ever been to Isildra, Yvette?" Vivienne asked.

Alistair de Beville
The Knight
Inside Palace
Tagged: Ash, Various
While the conversation between the two Kings took place - to which he had to resist raising an eyebrow at - he noted that Ash was stood nearer to him. He glanced at the King's Ward when he spoke to him, and Alistair hesitated for a moment, unsure as to whether he should respond. He didn't want either of the kings to think he was being disrespectful, but a member of the court was speaking to him... well, it wouldn't hurt to reply, at least. It would mean he could take his attention off Valour. Besides, it seemed that the party was moving inside now.

With the movement of the group, Alistair walked near to Ash, so that he could reply. "I am just fine, My Lord." he said, keeping his response short, his voice quiet so that he was not easily overheard. "How are you doing?" he then asked, hoping he was not feeling too overwhelmed. There were a lot of people, after all.

Elijah Morgan
The Newcomer
Tagged: Ivar
"Oh, um-" Elijah felt a bit awkward - had Ivar not known he was coming? His mother had assured him that he did, given the response to the letter she'd sent. Well - fortunately, she'd given another letter to Elijah to give to Ivar, to explain the situation in more detail. It wouldn't have done to potentially have the initial letter intercepted and have mentioned Elijah's magic. "I'm Elijah," he quickly introduced himself, taking his pack off so he could rummage through it for the letter. Finding it, he held it out to Ivar. "My mother sent me - Hunith. Said you'd know I was coming." he explained, rather hoping that Ivar had actually been aware of his planned arrival. Elijah wasn't sure what he'd do if Ivar kicked him out, he had enough money for a few nights at an in, but then it'd be a long trek back.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:59 pm

Ash Frost Wolfe (Beaumont)- Ashy, Frost- m- 26 y- The Ward- FC: Ben Whishaw (but different hair and eyes)- Homosexual; Alistair, possibly Azu- may or may not have magic- has kitten and dog (has panic attacks)- favorite horse is Blackberry- Tags: Eadric and family, visitors, Alistair

The ashen blonde one hummed a small sound as he looked between the two kings. He tilted his head as they spoke of sparring. His...King, the man that had taken him in, he didn't know what to call him...Eadric. Eadric said he may need more medicine or such for his shoulder. Ash made a worried sort of sound at this. He then looked down at the dog. He'd almost forgotten they were there. Dream was always so quiet that he often forgot his own panic attack prevention dog existed. Well, that's what he called the dog. They seemed to have this way or curbing or completely stopping his panic attacks. He smiled and patted the white and black dog. He then looked to the Groom a moment, noticing she'd come over.

He nodded to her, noticing her give the smallest of nods back. He then looked to the man that had taken him in. He looked to Eadric once more, as the king turned towards the palace. He tilted his head as he watched the man a moment. He then shook his head a couple times as he watched him. He listened as Eadric addressed the visitors, then they began towards the palace. He hummed quietly as he too started towards the palace. He paused when he noticed movement near him. His eyes turned to look upon Alistair once more. He giggled then gasped, covering his mouth and scolding himself. He then nodded, saying "That's good, I'm glad. I'm...fine, I guess, since we're outside and didn't do this like...in the palace."

Jessabel Rose Keemer- Jessa- f- 24 y- The Groom- FC: Molly Quinn (but different hair and eyes and such)- Demi Pan; likes Vivienne in one way maybe- Dabi is adoptive brother- dog Swift- favorite horse Flash, befriended barn cats, becomes childlike when sick- Tags: Eadric and others, Vivienne mainly

The dark reddish haired one stood where she was, not wanting to bother them. She hummed a couple small sounds, then fell silent. She was able to still hear them from here. Something about wanting to have a spar. The king, her king, also said something about Ivar. He said something about his shoulder. She figured his shoulder must be bothering him. She shook her head, keeping silent as she stood by to wait. She nodded silently then, when Eadric told them she could take their horses.

She nodded to King Ceolmund as well as his daughter, than to the servant as well. She offered a small smile to her king, then to Vivienne. She went to take the reins from the other young woman. She said "Beautiful...um...your horse is beautiful." She said the rest of that quickly, as if to cover something up. She then shook her head a couple times. She scolded herself, then looked to the others and waited. Ceolmund at least must have a horse, and maybe Vivienne's servant did as well.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firelight_AA » Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:50 pm

Kaylessa Wolfleader/Kay or wolf/Female/23 years/Unknown/Mentions: Visitors and Ash/Tags None
She watched Ash be giggley around Sir knight and huffed in amusement. She'd have to tease him later for that. With that thought she went to find food.
I have Autism more specifically Asperger's so please go easy on me if I'm not posting.
I have a Toyhouse now! https://toyhou.se/Firelight_folf
Image Orange Glow
Firelight_AA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheRegularTerrarian » Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:46 am

Ivar Musius | 77 | Male | Court Physician | Ivar's Chambers | Tags: Elijah
Upon hearing the names Elijah and Hunith his eyes widened. "You're Elijah? I had been told to expect you... although I'll say I wasn't expecting you to get here as fast as you did. The trek here is a long and arduous one, one that would've taken many days for a normal person to complete... Ah, a letter? Let me see..." He takes the letter from Elijah, and reads it. His eyes widen once again seeing the mention of magic, and he quickly goes over to close the door. "Elijah... This letter tells me you have magic. Is that true?" he asks quietly.

Valour Mellor | 28 | Male | The Visiting Knight | Palace Entrance Steps | Tags: Eadric, Jessabel, Various
"I'm sure you won't, sire." After hearing the invitation to go inside, he gladly accepts. After all, it had been a while since they had ate, and it would be far nicer to sit on a palace chair rather than a saddle. "Thank you, sire." He looks around the various people there, and settles his eyes on the one that he assumed was the Groom. "You there! Take good care of our horses." He then goes to follow Ceolmund and Vivienne inside, making sure his walk looked like that of an honourable knight.
TheRegularTerrarian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfectedHau » Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:48 am

Yvette Aurifort||The Visiting Servant||Location: Palace Entrance Steps||Tagged: Vivienne, Welcoming party
    "Only briefly, my Lady," Yvette said, handing her horse off to the groom and following after Vivienne, "I have not traveled much outside Pririn." A lie, as it happened, but a small one. Indeed, it had been many years since she'd left the kingdom's borders, but she had spent no small amount of time outside them. "If you have questions, I would be happy to answer them to the best of my ability, but it might be better to ask our hosts should there be anything you wish to know." It would be good for Vivienne to build a rapport with the other royals, both because it would afford Yvette the opportunity to gather information, and because it was possible her lady's more heretical views might rub off on them. She knew well that Vivienne's attitude towards magic was much less draconian than her father's, or of King Eadric's, and that was a valuable trait to have. If the heirs to the Isildran throne could be made to feel similarly, it would make things much easier.
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rae'tia » Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:44 am

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
𝒞𝑒𝑜𝓁𝓂𝓊𝓃𝒹

49∙male∙visiting sovereign
tagged; Eadric, Jessabel, Various
location; Inside Palace

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
He was not pouting. He was not, He was frowning in a very manly way damn it. Huffing a soft curse under his breath as he patted the shoulder of the bay near leopard mare that had carried him here. He had few horses that he truly considered his own, one of which was this lovely old gal, named Rusted Ivory. He'd cared for and raised this old mare himself, per his father's instructions. "The little filly is your kingdom, Ceolmund. If you don't care for your kingdom, it will wither and die. If you mistreat your kingdom, it will hate you and return your cruelty in kind." His father's words ran through his head often, and the job of taking care of the filly wasn't easy or fun no matter his age, but it had been a good lesson. Mentally shaking away the past he turned his dark gaze to the groom who approached, " Just the basic care for this one, Lass. I'll be down to take care of the rest later." He said, letting the reins hang, as he moved to follow King Eadric.
Ceolmund was a little non-plussed at the lack of flirting on Eadric's part, but the man had never once returned the flirty banter. At least not that he'd noticed. So it wasn't a big shock or disappointment. Trailing after the group, he eyed his daughter and Yvette for a few seconds making sure they were still around and safe, not bothering to check on Valour. He turned his attention back to the royal family of Islirda, mentally reminding himself to ask that burning question when privacy was available. "This place is as beautiful as I remember, though it feels like it's been years." He said as he gazed over the towering walls of the castle, a hint of fondness in them.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
єℓ∂яι∂

27∙demi∙mysterious arrival
tagged; open
location; House/Home

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Briskly stepping into the small home she'd purchased not terribly long ago, Eldrid took off her hood, long black hair flowing out. She shivered at the feeling of her hair that seemed to wrap menacingly around her throat. Anything around her throat had always felt, wrong, and constrictive. Gaging briefly, she moved quickly to get her hair back into a messy bun saving her from the 'honor' of coughing up her last meal. With that done, she set the basket of herbs down on the small table in her new home. The brown and red kitten that also inhabited the home mewed softly in complaint. Eldrid huffed, " Did you not catch something good to eat, little mouser?" Rolling her eyes, the young woman sighed. "Fine, don't knock these over while I'm gone though, little mouser, or I'll give this to the old fat tom three doors down." Eldrid got a hiss as a response, but she didn't mind it. With a quick bit of magic, she changed her form into that of a large fluffy red tabby cat. Muttering softly under her breath, the now feline magician jumped up to the window ledge, before jumping down to the dusty earth below. Off to search for kitten food then. She mused, with a half-hearted snicker.
Rae'tia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:39 pm

Ash Frost Wolfe (Beaumont)- Ashy, Frost- m- 26 y- The Ward- FC: Ben Whishaw (but different hair and eyes)- Homosexual; Alistair, possibly Azu- may or may not have magic- has kitten and dog (has panic attacks)- favorite horse is Blackberry- Tags: Eadric and family, visitors, Alistair

The ashen blonde one hummed a small sound as he looked between the two kings. He tilted his head as they spoke of sparring. His...King, the man that had taken him in, he didn't know what to call him...Eadric. Eadric said he may need more medicine or such for his shoulder. Ash made a worried sort of sound at this. He then looked down at the dog. He'd almost forgotten they were there. Dream was always so quiet that he often forgot his own panic attack prevention dog existed. Well, that's what he called the dog. They seemed to have this way or curbing or completely stopping his panic attacks. He smiled and patted the white and black dog. He then looked to the Groom a moment, noticing she'd come over.

He nodded to her, noticing her give the smallest of nods back. He then looked to the man that had taken him in. He looked to Eadric once more, as the king turned towards the palace. He tilted his head as he watched the man a moment. He then shook his head a couple times as he watched him. He listened as Eadric addressed the visitors, then they began towards the palace. He hummed quietly as he too started towards the palace. He paused when he noticed movement near him. His eyes turned to look upon Alistair once more. He giggled then gasped, covering his mouth and scolding himself. He then nodded, saying "That's good, I'm glad. I'm...fine, I guess, since we're outside and didn't do this like...in the palace."

Jessabel Rose Keemer- Jessa- f- 24 y- The Groom- FC: Molly Quinn (but different hair and eyes and such)- Demi Pan; likes Vivienne in one way, Eldrid- Dabi is adoptive brother- dog Swift- favorite horse Flash, befriended barn cats, becomes childlike when sick- Tags: Eadric and others

The dark reddish haired one watched the royals of both families. She listened as they all talked back and forth to each other. She smiled slightly upon seeing Ash and Alistair talking. Alistair had moved over by Ash, and she giggled a bit at this. She quickly silenced herself, shaking her head and scolding herself. She then looked to the visiting knight and nodded to him. She didn't like him exclaiming at her like that...but maybe he hadn't meant anything by it. She said "I will take good care of them."

She then turned her attention to the visiting King. She'd heard him muttering under his breath, though had no idea what he'd been saying. She offered a small smile as she looked at the bay Appaloosa. She said "She's a beautiful horse, sir." She then fell silent, and nodded as he gave her some instructions. Just the basic care meant probably just putting her in a stall, giving her some water. She figured he'd want to brush the mare and feed her. She could at least give the horse some hay.

That was a main part of their diet, after all. It was as much a food as anything else, such as grain, corn, apples, or carrots. She'd also been taught it aided in digestion in certain species. That would be horses and rabbits; she stopped herself from thinking to instead lead the horses.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:11 am

Eadric Beaumont
The King
Tagged: Ceolmund, Valour, Various
"It does seem like years, doesn't it?" Eadric agreed - he'd been thinking about that only a short while ago. "We'll have to find the time to make these visits more frequent." he spoke in the sort of tone that meant he wouldn't be argued with - though he doubted there would be any disagreement from Ceolmund about it - though still with some warm fondness. "I'm sure your palace is just as wonderful as I remember it as well." he added. He was very much proud of the upkeep he insisted on for his palace, though, and liked the awe visitors would have for it.

After they made it to a hall-like room, the space open and likely used for gatherings and such events, Eadric gestured towards a small group of servants that were waiting. "Show our visitors to their rooms, if you would." he instructed, and then, turning his focus to the visitors, and the rest of his court, "We shall reconvene in the dining hall in about an hour. And should anyone require him, our Court Physician, Ivar, will be available. You can be taken to his quarters if needed."
Eadric did not move away from Ceolmund, though, even as a servant moved to lead the Pririn King to his room. "King Ceolmund, if you would not mind my accompanying you as well. Gvien we have much still to catch up on."

Vivienne Griswold
Visiting Royal
Tagged: Yvette, Jessabel (brief), Various
Vivienne had raised an eyebrow at what the Groom had said to her, but didn't comment on it, instead focusing on what Yvette was saying in response to her question. It had seemed like the servant had travelled a lot, but perhaps not so. "Oh, I see. Well, I will do that if I can think of anything." she replied. She was sure that she would come up with some questions during the visit, even if not right now. Questions other than 'up for a horse race?' or 'want to spar?' - those ones would have to be directed at perhaps the knights and maybe the crown prince.

The group started to disperse a bit, as King Eadric instructed some servants to take the visitors' things and show them to the guest rooms that had been prepared, with the note to return in about an hour, as that's when food would be prepared. Vivienne moved to stick with Yvette for now, since their rooms would be next to each other anyway.
"Thank you." Vivienne said to the servant that was leading her. This palace seemed like quite the maze, more so than the one back in Pririn. Hopefully she'd remember her way back around. Or even have a chance to explore on her own.

Alistair de Beville
The Knight
Tagged: Ash, Various
Concerned he'd startled the young ward, Alistair took a small step away from Ash. "I apologise, My Lord, if I startled you." he said, quickly. Alistair knew just how protective King Eadric was of his ward and his two children, so he definitely didn't want to do anything that might be considered even harming any of them. Not that he was ever do so intentionally anyway, but still.
"Good to hear. I'm sure you'll get a chance to take a break soon."

He then glanced briefly over to the visitors once again, as they walked slightly ahead. He hadn't met the Griswolds before, he wondered if Ash had. He was about to ask, but then noticed Valour and the way the other knight walked. Alistair scoffed to himself. There was just something a little off about Sir Valour, and it wasn't just because he'd been beaten by the other knight before. Not that he could say anything about it, though. After all, it seemed King Eadric was impressed and the other knight was already in good favour with most everyone else. He glanced away, focusing towards the front of the group.

Elijah Morgan
The Newcomer
Tagged: Ivar
Well, at least Ivar remembered him now, and he hadn't been kicked out. He wasn't sure how to respond about the journey. Sure, most normal people would probably have been slowed down if they weren't able to rest properly without a magic-assisted fire to keep them warm. "I set off a bit earlier than planned." Elijah explained, hoping it would be a sufficient enough answer.
As Ivar read the letter - and then asked him the dreaded question - Elijah hesitated. He should have expected it, it his mother had written about it in the letter, but it still threw him off. He could lie, sure, but that probably wouldn't make for the best start. "You... won't tell the King, will you?" Elijah asked, all but confirming that he did indeed have magic.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheRegularTerrarian » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:49 pm

Ivar Musius | 77 | Male | Court Physician | Ivar's Chambers | Tags: Elijah
He listens to Elijah's replies, but raises an eyebrow at the excuse for arriving early. Of course, that needn't be further pressed once he essentially confirmed he had magic. "You needn't worry yourself with that, Hunith is a good friend of mine, and if what she's said is true, power like yours needs to be nurtured, not shunned. I'm sure you may have lots of questions, but for now, just know that your secret is safe with me." He pauses for a bit, making sure to keep his further words toned down. "However! This does not mean you get to lie about all day. I will be taking you in as my apprentice, so the King doesn't get suspicious. You will live in that room there." He points to a room opposite the main door. "And, I'm sure it doesn't need to be said, but under NO circumstances must you use magic anywhere in the castle outside of my chamber. If anyone, and I mean ANYONE were to find out... Well, the consequences could be quite grave. Can I trust you to do that?"

Valour Mellor | 28 | Male | The Visiting Knight | Inside Palace | Tags: Eadric, Alistair
"Thank you, sire. I assure you I shall not be even a second late." He stands back up from kneeling once again, and he follows the servant to his room, flashing a quick evil smirk at Alistair as he passed him, before immediately returning to his usual noble knight walk. As he did, he smiles to himself, knowing that he had already gotten into good graces with King Eadric already. Now though, it was time to prepare for this feast.
TheRegularTerrarian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:22 pm

The ashen blonde one looked around a bit as he and the others walked. He made a small sound when the other took a step away. He looked...disappointed, and the knight would probably notice. The king's ward didn't really do well at hiding emotions. Shaking his head, he said "You...didn't startle me." He looked into the eyes of the other young man, then quickly away. He then nodded at what the other said. "I hope so...and maybe...you and I could go for a walk, or just sit and talk."

He didn't know if Alistair would want to...but Alistair was talking to him right now. He shrugged after suggesting these things. He then noticed the other looking to Valour. He looked to him as well, and tilted his head, then they were entering a large room. It was like a hall, big and open, and he hummed a bit. He noticed the look Valour gave to Alistair...He moved a bit closer to the knight, his...their knight. "Did you see that look he gave you?" he asked Alistair, not sure he liked Valour much.

Jessabel Rose Keemer- Jessa- f- 24 y- The Groom- FC: Molly Quinn (but different hair and eyes and such)- Demi Pan; likes Vivienne in one way, Eldrid- Dabi is adoptive brother- dog Swift- favorite horse Flash, befriended barn cats, becomes childlike when sick- Tags: Eadric and others-> open

The dark reddish haired one noticed the other girl seemed a bit...she didn't know. She didn't know what to call that emotion. The visiting princess had raised an eyebrow at her, that's all she knew. Shaking her head, she watched them all walk off. She then returned her attention to the horses. She walked two of them, while the other(s) followed obediently. She was almost surprised by this. However, she simply smiled and led them all down to the barn, and inside.

She hummed quietly as she then took the visiting king's mare to a stall first. She brought the princess' horse to a stall next. She then got the last horse or two situated. She then went to get some water for each horse, as they'd definitely need it. She brought the water back to each horse. It took a bit of time, since this was a land of the past and they didn't exactly have hoses or such. She finally got done with that. She took a small break, then went to bring them some hay.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me