A Land of Myth, and a Time of Magic (Accepting!)

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

A Land of Myth, and a Time of Magic (Accepting!)

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:59 pm

The kingdom of Isildra was once in turmoil, at war with almost every other neighbouring kingdom. The cause of it? Magic. Until 20 years ago, when the King of Isildra lead a harsh effort to wipe out magic and all those that associated themselves with it. At the forefront of his armies, the King became victorious. And now, he rules with a fair but heavy hand, alliances made with the neighbouring kingdoms and a decree that anyone found guilty of practicing magic would have their life... well... ended.

And now, 20 years later, things are starting to stir. With the arrival of two mysterious visitors that quickly gain favour with the King, there may be more to them than meets the eye. It doesn't help that the King's Ward is beginning to realise that they may have magic - something which the King would find unforgivable, given his hatred for it and the pain it has caused him in the past. Amid a Newcomer that also secretly possesses magic, and the pressures that the Prince and Princess face to live up to the King's high standards, it seems that things are taking a turn for Isildra.
Loyalties and decisions must be made, as the fate of Isildra hangs in the balance. And... did anyone else hear that odd roaring from the forest?
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Character Roles

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:05 pm

You may have up to four characters. PM to reserve, and all character forms must go in the discussion thread.
Each role has an established age range or minimum age, please stick to them.

The King (50+)
- Eadric Beaumont | Consulting_Angel

The Crown Prince (25-28)
- Name | User

The Princess (23-26)
- Name | User

The Ward (23-28)
- Ash Wolfe | Spiritstar3

The Court Physician (60+)
- Ivar Musius | TheRegularTerrarian

The Newcomer (23+)
- Elijah Morgan | Consulting_Angel

The Prince's Servant (23+)
- Azu Inber | Scorpioness

The Princess' Servant (23+)
- Name | User

The Ward's Servant (23+)
- Name | User

The Knight (23+)
- Alistair de Beville | Consulting_Angel
The Visiting Sovereign (45+)
- Ceolmund Griswold | Rae'tia

The Visiting Royal (23-26)
- Vivienne Griswold | Consulting_Angel

The Visiting Servant (23+)
- Yvette Aurifort | InfectedHau

The Mysterious Arrival (23+)
- Eldrid Reidun | Rae'tia

The Visiting Knight (23+)
- Valour Mellor | TheRegularTerrarian

The Blacksmith (30+)
- Catherine d'Alencon | Queen of flames

The Groom (23+)
- Name | User

The Cook (30+)
- Dabi van Keemer | Queen of flames

The Runaway Druid (23+)
- Kaylessa Wolfleader | Firelight_AA

The Archivist (60+)
- Name | User

Established Bonds:
- The Newcomer has been sent by their mother to see The Court Physician, and old friend of hers, to help guide and protect the Newcomer while in Isildra.
- The King and the Court Physician are close friends, and the Court Physician one of the King's most trusted allies.
- The Knight and The Crown Prince are friendly, both being strong fighters and oftentimes unable to best the other.
- The Crown Prince and the Princess are, of course, siblings. The Ward is like a sibling to them as well, having been under the care of the King since the Ward was 10. Whether or not they get along is up to the players!
- All three servants are good friends, often covering for one another if needed, and talking about their employers. Whether or not they like/are friends with said employers is up the players!
- The Archivist tends to keep to themselves, but is also close friends with the Court Physician.
- The Mysterious Arrival, Visiting Knight and Visiting Servant are allies, though may have differing goals. They are villain roles, however, so only take them if you're willing to play a villain.
- The Blacksmith is currently housing the Runaway Druid, but may not be aware as to the Druid's identity and status as a user of magic.
- The Cook and the Groom are siblings, though rarely see one another as their jobs keep them in entirely separate places for so long.
- The Newcomer, Ward, Prince's Servant, Runaway Druid, Mysterious Arrival, Visiting Knight and Visiting Servant all have magic. It is up to them to decide who they trust with the information that they have magic, but there will be a price to pay if the wrong people find out.
- The Visiting Sovereign is the parent of the Visiting Royal, travelling with their Knight and Servant to Isildra to visit the kingdom and celebrate the 20 year mark of magic being outlawed from the kingdom.
- The King and the Visiting Sovereign have fought alongside each other in battle and are close allies.
- The Visiting Royal, while not having any magical abilities, has previously secretly studied magic.
- Other bonds can be made between characters, these are just the pre-established ones to keep in mind when choosing/making characters.
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:36 am, edited 14 times in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Character Form and Rules

Postby Consulting_Angel » Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:14 am

Code: Select all
[left][img]Image/FC[/img][/left][size=85][b]Full Name:[/b]
[b]Nickname[/b] (if any):
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Pronouns:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Role:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] (written description, if not using an image)

[b]Personality:[/b] (at least 5-6 sentences)

[b]Short Bio:[/b]

[b]Other[/b]:[/size]

Rules
- As per usual, all of Tess' rules apply.
- No one- or two-liners.
- Please use reasonable grammar, spelling and punctuation, so others can understand your posts.
- Realistic FC's or your own art or a detailed written description.
- No romantic relations between your own characters.
- Please disable signatures in the roleplay thread.
- If you have a question, then let me know!
- Keep OOC chat and character forms to the discussion thread.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: A Land of Myth, and a Time of Magic (Accepting!)

Postby Consulting_Angel » Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:17 am

A warm, sunny day in Isildra, just after midday. The visitors from Pririn (Ceolmund, Vivienne, Yvette and Valour) have just arrived, greeted by King Eadric, Crown Prince, Princess, Ash and servants.
Meanwhile, everyone else may be going about their business, or also watching the arrival of the visitors.

Eadric Beaumont
The King
Tagged: Visitors, Ash, etc
King Eadric beamed as the Pririn visitors approached - a rare sight. It had been quite a long time since he had seen King Ceolmund and his daughter, Lady Vivienne. It didn't seem either had changed much, though. He waited until they were halted, and then spoke. "King Ceolmund, welcome to Isildra. I trust you had a good journey? And Lady Vivienne, looking radiant. The Servants will show you to your rooms, and then I insist we dine together - we have much to catch up on."
He glanced towards the servant and the knight that had accompanied the two royals. The servant, he was not sure he recognised her - but then, it had been a long time since he'd seen the Griswolds. The knight, however, he knew was Valour Mellor. He'd heard about the knight's skill and accomplishments, and was extremely impressed already. If it wasn't for the fact that King Ceolmund was a close friend, he would have probably tried to poach Sir Valour to be a part of his knights.
"Sir Valour, an honour to have you here as well."

Vivienne Griswold
Visiting Royal
Tagged: Various
It had been a long journey, but now, she - and her father, servant - Yvette - and knight - Valour - had arrived at Isildra's royal city, to meet King Eadric and his family. It had been a long time since she'd been here, the memories were fuzzy... she certainly remembered beating the Crown Prince in a horse race, though, that had been most fun. Perhaps she'd get the chance to do it again. She dismounted from the shiny dappled grey mare she'd been riding, and adjusted her travelling cloak.
As King Eadric greeted them, inviting them to dine with him shortly, Vivienne realised quite how hungry she was, though made no indication of that. She'd have to make sure she didn't fall asleep in her given room first when she was shown it. "A pleasure, Sire." she replied, and then glanced around at the servants, knights and other people that were stood to greet them - noting Ash, King Eadric's ward. Poor boy, she thought, being orphaned at a young age, though King Eadric had taken him in and raised him as his own.

Alistair de Beville
The Knight
Tagged: Various
Alistair stood alongside the Beaumont family, to greet the Griswolds as they arrived. He'd hardly seen the King looking quite so positive. He rather hoped that they wouldn't bring- oh. They did. Alistair tensed slightly, seeing Sir Valour in the visiting party. He'd met Sir Valour a few months ago, at a tournament in another kingdom, though they hadn't spoken much. He had been there to represent Isildra, and had placed second - losing only to Sir Valour. His pride had certainly taken a hit because of that. He almost wished that there was a tournament coming up, so he could try and face off against the other knight again and prove himself. Would Sir Valour even still remember their fight?
Still, he smiled politely throughout the conversation taking place, though he couldn't help but keep shifting his glance towards Sir Valour.

Elijah Morgan
The Newcomer
Tagged: Ivar
He'd been walking for three days, to get to the royal city of Isildra. It would have been much faster if he'd had a horse - but there was no way anyone in the Aldor could have spared one, especially as it would not be coming back. Oh well. The journey had been relatively easy, and the nights had been made warm as he used his magic to stoke the flames of the campfires he'd made. He was here now... and all he had to do next was find the Court Physician's chambers to find Ivar - his mother's close friend. Adjusting his pack, Elijah walked through the bustling city - it looked like some visitors had arrived, so he stopped to watch for a few moments, before continuing on.
Finding a guard, Elijah decided to ask him, "Where would I find the Court Physician?"
The guard gestured just to the open side door he was stood near. "Take a left turn halfway down, first door you see."
"Thank you." Elijah responded, and followed the directions.
Arriving at the presumed door, Elijah knocked a couple of times, and then opened the door. "Ivar?" he asked, looking around the chambers, curiously.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rae'tia » Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:27 am

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
𝒞𝑒𝑜𝓁𝓂𝓊𝓃𝒹

49∙male∙visiting sovereign
tagged; various
location; palace entrance steps

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
It had been a long journey, but well worth it to see his old friend King Eadric. And his lovely family of course, but Eadric came first in his mind. For this visit at least. Once they came to a stop in front of the palace steps he took a moment to look over his old friend, fighting the urge to frown. It seemed that the man had aged quite a bit, it seemed like the stress of ruling was starting to show. part of why I keep myself clean shaven, he thought with an internal snort, before continuing on with his perusal of King Eadric, taking the time to admire how fit he was. Of course, Ceolmund let his gaze wander over the others, it was a pity that he'd have to recuse himself from getting to know the crown prince and Eadric's young ward. But Alistair and the other knights would be free, possibly.
Shaking himself out of his thoughts, his brows furrowed as he followed King Eadric's gaze and frowned most severely. He cleared his throat, "It's a pleasure to be here King Eadric. The trip went well, thankfully, aside from a few bandits that Sir Valour dispatched." He said, before raising one brow and breaking formality and speaking once more. "I know that look in your eye, Eadric Beaumont, he's my knight and I shan't let you have him, I'd have to fight you for him." He paused again before his lips turned up in a smirk and purred. "Though, a good spar might get the blood pumping."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
єℓ∂яι∂

27∙demi∙mysterious arrival
tagged; open
location; village near palace

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dress's are such a pain in the ass! She thought muleishly as she walked down the road gracefully passing by various villager and their village idiots. Though they are rather nice for hiding my lovelies, Eldrid mused as she clenched her hands into fists as some teenager ran into her. Resisting the urge to stab the dirty little cretin, she sneered at him as she passed. Dusting off invisible dirt from the dress left by the stranger she continued forward. She had places to be, and she was late. Or at least she thought so. Eldrid huffed softly, raising a hand to make sure that her hood was still on, before picking up her pace, the old basket filled with fresh herbs in one arm, creaking ominously as she tensed. The herbs were supposedly for the roast she'd be making tonight, which honestly, some of them were. But others were for a much more devious reason.
Rae'tia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firelight_AA » Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:32 am

Kaylessa Wolfleader/Kay or wolf/Female/23 years/Unknown/Mentions: Visitors and Ash/Tags None

Hiding in the shadows was a dark golden wolf with blue eyes. She was watching the visiting royals and huffed feeling annoyed. Oh great, more royalty as if the Beaumonts weren't bad enough. Though I suppose Ash fine.She thought. She decided to see if she could Ash anywhere as she liked to play with him.
I have Autism more specifically Asperger's so please go easy on me if I'm not posting.
I have a Toyhouse now! https://toyhou.se/Firelight_folf
Image Orange Glow
Firelight_AA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheRegularTerrarian » Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:12 am

Ivar Musius | 77 | Male | Court Physician | Ivar's Chambers | Tags: Elijah
Ivar had been sorting books on a shelf before he heard a knock at his door. He quickly finished sorting the books out, and then climbed down the ladder as the stranger entered and asked his name. He finds the stranger standing quite close to the door, and he looks at him with a slightly suspicious glance. "How do you know my name? And more importantly, who are you? I haven't seen you around the Castle before... have you perhaps come from the lower city to ask for my aid?"

Valour Mellor | 28 | Male | The Visiting Knight | Palace Entrance Steps | Tags: Eadric, Alistair
After a seemingly endless journey, they had finally arrived at Isildra. A place which he hadn't yet been to to compete in a tournament. He looks around at all the people who were there to greet him, smiling. He then notices Alistair, someone who looked quite familiar. Had he fought against him before? Sure, Valour had fought in many tournaments in the past, especially ones that gathered a knight from each royal city to clash to see who came out on top, but his opponents faces were hard to remember, harder so when combat traditionally required each participant to wear a helmet. Still, this was no time to be getting hung up on the smaller details. He dismounts his horse, and he knew he had to make a good impression to King Eadric. When mentioned by the King, he kneels and says "Thank you Sire, it is an honour for us to visit this fine city. I've heard many good things about Isildra, and I see it has a fine ruler like they say." He stays kneeled for a bit, before standing back up.
TheRegularTerrarian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:54 pm

Ash Frost Wolfe (Beaumont)- Ashy, Frost- m- 26 y- The Ward- FC: Ben Whishaw (but different hair and eyes)- Homosexual; Alistair, possibly Azu- may or may not have magic- has kitten and dog (has panic attacks)- favorite horse is Blackberry- Tags: Eadric and family, visitors, Alistair

The sweet and gentle but shy and nervous one hummed a small sound. He watched his foster parent, if one wanted to call Eadric as such. He also watched as the other King, his daughter and others approached. They were here for a visit. Ash hummed a small sound, and shook his head a couple times. He felt eyes watching, and looked around...wondering if it was the wolf he'd befriended. He sighed and shook his head again. He brushed through the curly gray looking hair. Gray eyes focused back on their visitors. He noted how Alistair sseemed to look at Valour...and that Valour might know Alistair. He shook that thought away. The tan skinned cute and somewhat handsome one bowed his head.

"It is good to see you," he said to Ceolmund as well as Vivienne. He then looked to the others again, falling silent. The two kings were talking, after all, so he fell silent after saying his words, so they could focus on speaking to one another. He was wearing a purple shirt as well as stockings but they were pushed down. They could be pushed down and act like normal socks too. He also had his riding boots on. He was planning to go out riding that day as usual, at some point. He had his fingerless gloves on, as well as the pendant and rossry. The pendant and rosary were from his original family. He always kept them with him, despite the pain of his past. He hummed quietly, looking to Alistair and asking "How...how are you doing today?"

(I changed her hair to reddish instead of reddish brown and the skin, but that's all I edited (again))

Jessabel Rose Keemer- Jessa- f- 24 y- The Groom- FC: Molly Quinn (but different hair and eyes and such)- Demi Pan; likes Vivienne in one way maybe- Dabi is adoptive brother- dog Swift- favorite horse Flash, befriended barn cats, becomes childlike when sick- Tags: open-> Eadric and others technically

The kind and caring but stubborn and hard headed one hummed a small sound. She was in with the horses as usual, and her lips and nails were nice enough. She always kept her nails nice. The beauty with the big brown eyes and lovely lashes sighed. She shook her head, looking down at her riding boots a moment. She was also wearing gloves, and had fingerless gloves. She didn't have the fingerless gloves with her right now. She was working, after all. She was wearing her barn clothes as usual, including a blue shirt that day. Her other shoes were nearby, for when she was done working. She'd change into those, then bring the boots back with her. For now, though, she was wearing the boots in the barn.

She looked around and peered out of the barn, wondering if the visitors were there yet. She was probably expected to take their horses from them. She sucked in a breath, and looked at two of the barn cats. Sebb and his sister Mara me owed at her. She giggled and reached down to rub their heads. She then shook her head and said good bye to Flash and the others. She and Swift then hurried out of the barn. The lighter skinned one hurried along, soon seeing them ahead. She brushed at long, wavy dark reddish hair. She then hummed quietly and stopped a small distance away. She was sure they'd notice her if they wanted. They'd call to her to take the horses if so, she was sure of that as well.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfectedHau » Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:37 pm

Yvette Aurifort||The Visiting Servant||Location: Palace Entrance Steps||Tagged: Visitors, Welcoming party
    Yvette walked in step with Vivienne, two paces behind and one to the side, as was proper. As her lord and lady moved forwards to greet king Eadric, she stayed back, again, as was proper. Her cold blue eyes never seemed to rest, flicking from her masters, to the welcoming royals, to the knights that stood guard, and back again, never missing a detail. She knew her own party very well, from Princess Vivienne's cautious forays into forbidden lore to Sir Mellor's less-than-legitimate tournament record, but the royals of Isildra were as yet unknowns. Beyond the obvious, of course. Her piercing gaze went from the king, to his two children, to the third, the ward. Ash, she remembered. Her gaze lingered on him for longer than most. Was there anything there? His interest in House Beaumont's resident knight was plain to see, but was that something to exploit? She would have to observe further. For the time being, she returned her attention to her lord and lady. It wouldn't do for her to leave them unattended overlong.
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen of flames » Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:08 am

Dadi Van Keemer
male - cook - 36 years - homosexual - love interest: open - tags: ...

__
He left his little house and walked to the palace's back door to avoid most of the visitors or any of the high-ranking persons. He was a cook, a very unimportant rank, but he didn't really mind as long he could do the things he loved and the people were happy to eat his food. He changed his clothes into a chef's outfit and walked to the large, clean kitchen. He had already done a lot yesterday evening as he knew that today would be a busy day and many visitors to feed so he needed to have many different foods to offer. Some of his assistants had already put the dishes in order for the service and set the tables in order. Thought he had already told me that one of his assistants was sick and he ordered her to stay out of the kitchen or to work today as he didn't want a sick person to work around the foods the visitors ate. He took his written menu in hand and read it to make sure he would do the right foods.

Catherine d'Alencon
Female - Blacksmith - 32 years - demisexual - love interest: open - tags: ...

__
(I need to think of a post for her actually...)
Queen of flames

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me