House of the Unknown (Accepting!)

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

Re: House of the Unknown (Accepting!)

Postby Consulting_Angel » Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:43 pm

Elias Fletcher
25|Cismale|Human
Tagged: Ari, Tris, Leon
Elias glanced between the two other guests. The male was a little taller than he was, and seemed to be trying to seem more... threatening? Maybe it was because of him being a guest here or something..? Or maybe the two guests were actually in a relationship - not a particularly convincing one - and thought Elias might be a rival in that sense? Whatever the case may be, he brushed it off, figuring that perhaps he was just mistaken and that was how the male - Leon, as he now knew him as - usually stood. Leon. A fairly normal name. That couldn't be said for the female guest, who said her name was Trisiphone. It sounded Greek, if he wasn't mistaken. A very, very rare name, he presumed.
"It's nice to meet you, Leon, and Trisiphone." Elias said, making sure to repeat their names to ensure he had them correct.
At Trisiphone's question, he debated with himself for a moment as to how much detail he should go into. "Well... the short answer would be because of the invitation I received, and that I'd heard plenty of rumours about this building around the town anyway so I wanted to check it out." Elias replied, sounding quite excited about the situation.

"Oh-" Elias seemed to remember, and he seized Ari's wrist and pulled him forward to be a part of the conversation as well, "-and Ari here also got an invite, didn't you?" Addressing Leon and Trisiphone, he added, "Ari and I were already friends - along with most of the others in our group - so we figured we may as well arrive as a group."
Ah - realising he was still holding onto Ari's wrist, Elias let go quickly.

Cedric Wicke
Appears 24|Cismale|Vampire
Tagged: Amelia
Ah, so they young lady was a charmer herself. A nice change of pace, most of the supernaturals here, and even his own sister, tended to lack a certain enthusiasm when talking to him. "Well. Glad you could attend, Amelia." Cedric replied, and shook her offered hand. It should have been no different to shaking another being's hand, but the realisation that he was touching another human, even for something as innocuous as a mere handshake, was a little shocking to him. It made him feel a little odd that Lilith was so willing to feed from them so easily. Not that he'd show that on the outside, of course, he had a certain stature to maintain.

He laughed lightly. "Do not be concerned. I would be lore surprised if you had heard of me. We try to keep to ourselves here, it's rare we invite anyone from outside the Manor." Cedric explained. He was careful not to mention humans specifically, but there was a moment that he thought he might slip up. He was very well aware of the risks he'd be taking if he revealed the true nature of the residents of the Manor.

Lilith Wicke
Appears 24|Cisfemale|Vampire
Tagged: Caelan, Leela
"If I'd had it solely my way, then they wouldn't have been invited." Lilith said to Caelan, and then she glanced towards Leela. With a slight shake of her head, Lilith added, "Unfortunately... the woes of having to compromise with a sibling. Still. As much as I love these dances and events of ours, if I can get an excuse to not let him invite humans again, then the better." she decided not to mention the fact that she had no intention of letting the humans leave at all. She didn't want anyone to try and convince her out of it. And she wasn't technically lying, just... omitting information. Lilith still felt a bit bad about not telling the entire truth to Leela, though.

Deciding to change the subject, she continued, "Oh, Caelan, I finally managed to outsource that scotch you like. It's over with the rest of the drinks." Lilith seemed quite pleased with herself for that. "And, Leela, I had the chefs make plenty of your favourite snacks." At least that was something she could do right. Anything someone liked, she could reliably find it. Even if it took days, or even weeks, she would be determined.
"And these amethysts," she gestured to her necklace and bracelet, "I've been trying to get my hands on for ages, they're the perfect size and quality."

Xanthe Chicane
Appears 23|Nonbinary|Mothman
Tagged: Tanwen, Apollo
Xanthe did not seemed to particularly care that the human was not very friendly, nor did he seem to want to talk to them. Well that would be why he was on his own, then. However, this did not deter Xanthe from continuing the conversation, and by goodness were they going to drag the human into said conversation no matter what.
"Huh. Well I guess I never thought of it that way. Given I've lived here for a good number of years." Xanthe said, airily, though a glance at Tanwen, and they were careful to dial their enthusiasm back a little. They even took a small step back from the human. This human did not seem like the sort they should risk accidentally revealing the non-human status of themselves and the other residents.

"I thought there were all sorts of rumours about town about the Manor, but maybe you managed to avoid them all." Xanthe said, with a slight shrug. "But no matter! I'm sure you'll have a... hmm... fun's not the right word. Interesting..? Time?" they continued, evidently speaking aloud their thought process as to how to word their sentence. "What's your name, anyway?"
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:29 pm

Ell Summers- genderfluid- 28 y- werewolf- speed, agility, wolf form (golden cream with oddly darker face, white toes, chest and belly), communicating with wolves, ears and tail can show or be hidden, swimming in not too deep water- pan- might find a dog- Tags: Mystic, other residents, humans

The blue green eyed and golden brown haired one had waved to Caelan. He'd looked down the hall at them a moment, after all. They then turned to Mystic, and smiled at them. She grabbed their hand, moving to link arms instead of hold hands. She stepped into the ballroom, and looked around. They listened as the butler introduced Cedric and Lilith. They looked at the humans, and got a bit worried. This was probably a really bad idea, having them here...but she just shook her head and went to mingle.

Mystic Summers- agender- 26 y- werewolf- speed, agility, wolf form (smaller and slender gray wolf), communicating with wolves, ears and tail can show or be hidden, swimming in not too deep water- boys- Tags: Ell, other residents, humans

The blue green eyed ash blonde hummed a small sound. They put their hand over the pendant, then shook their head. They squeaked as Ell grabbed their hand. She then decided better of it, linking arms instead, and they went with her. They looked at the humans, then the door. They listened as the vampires were introduced, then the two spoke. They watched the two vampires move towards the ballroom floor now. They shook their head, going with Ell as she went to mingle.

Leela Evers- f- 80 y- witch vampire hybrid- earth magic (Wiccan), speed and agility, retractable fangs- has a white Angora kitty which may be a familiar- unknown sexuality but crush on Caelan- Tags: Caelan, Lilith (also mentions)

The blue eyed one smiled a bit as she watched the two of them interact. She was glad Lilith could get along with others. She'd also noticed some residents didn't tend to speak to Cedric much. She shook her head at that thought...She then looked up again, and tilted her head as Caelan spoke. "You started the Soanish American war?" she asked. She shook her head after asking that. He didn't seem particularly fond of that memory, or maybe she was overthinking it. She then glanced to Lilith once more. She nodded at her, saying "It is better not to bring humans here...Some of the others might hurt them, even if they don't mean to. She had no idea Lilith was planning to keep the humans here, though...of course.

"I should have brought Snowfall down here...He'd love all these humans," she said, speaking fondly of her white kitty. She then smiled as Lilith said she'd gotten snacks for her. "Oh...thank you dear," she said in that fond tone, only for Lilith and Cedric, and now Caelan. She smiled as she looked at said man. She then looked to the younger female once more. She reached out to touch the bracelet. "Oh my...these are really pretty," she said, glad Lilith had managed to get them.

Ari Soma- m- 24 y- human- good at storytelling and art- homosexual- high likelihood his crush is on Elias- open for an SO/whatnot- has a black Shepherd named Kuro and a white cat Shiro- Tags: Elias, Tris and Leon (and mentions of the group)

The cute heterochromatic boy wanted to feel annoyance that the two only addressed Elias. However, he was more focused on watching...closely. The man was intimidating, to say the least. The woman was pretty, but something about her...he didn't know. He shook his head, and looked to Elias. He listened as the other male human spoke to the two. He nodded along to what the other said. Of course, Elias wasn't the only one that received an invitation, as they all had received one to this place.

A moment later, that fact was brought to light by Elias. Along with the fact he took hold of Ari's wrist and pulled him forward. He gave a small gasp, the touch burning, but...not in a bad way. It's just as if a small which went through him, or a thrill. He nodded and said "I...yes, I got an invitation as well." Elias then said they'd arrived as a group and all, and were mostly friends. "Yes...except Apollo, he...doesn't really talk to us," he said. He felt a little disappointed when Elias let go of his wrist.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:39 am

Caelan cleared his throat, "Unfortunately, yes, I was highly involved in the events leading up to the Spanish American War. Not one of my better moments." When Lillith told him she'd gotten some of his favorite Scotch, he smiled, "Thank you Lillith, good Scotch is hard to come by these days." When Lillith said that it was Cedric's idea to invite humans, he felt the need to ask, "Am I just over-thinking things, or are these humans likely never leaving the manor?"
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen of flames » Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:36 am

Alesha Wang | unknown, looks 25 years | Female| Demon Cat | Ballroom
Tags: Open
_
She entered the ballroom, watching around the other visitors as she hid under her black mask. She was not a big fan of events like this one and she questioned herself many times 'what was she doing here?'. She didn't know maybe something in her head was so curious to see this event that she needed to come, even if she didn't like it at all.
Sighing she walked past some people, some were humans she knew by their unique yet disgusting smell, or maybe it was just their perfume. As a cat, she didn't really like many perfumes as they were too bitter to her nose, not even her human form saved her for that.
She entered the serving table at the corner, they had many things there to take and eat. Now wondering events like this have many uncalled visitors who only come to eat and steal food, or so she was heard about.

Miriam Fuentes | 100 years, looks 20 years | Female | Forest Fairy | Ballroom
_
The small blond-haired girl walked around the ballroom, she looked at all the visitors. There were some she was seen before, but there were those too she didn't remember meeting before and then there were those humans she was not sure what to think about. She knew that like them, not all humans were bad or cruel, but how could she be sure that those humans didn't want to hurt her or those she loved?
As for now, she was relieved that none of those people knew the reality of many of them or so she hoped.

Eugene Lynn|unknown, looks 35 years | male | Griffin | Patio
_
He entered the manor, walked past the ballroom scanned the others there, and silently got a drink out from the service table as he walked past it to the back door which brought him to the patio. He was not really happy about this event at all, and part of him didn't even understand what was the idea of all of that. Humans were weak, but they were dangerous too, those humans may destroy them if they wanted to. Of course, he didn't like to live hiding his true self, but what else he could do, for humans they were freaks, the monsters.
He took a cigar out of his pocket as he sat on the chair on the patio, there were good views and the air was fresh, it made him relax a little bit and forget his thought about everything.

Yasmine Faulkner | 23 years| Female| Human | Outside manor
_
She looked at the map and walked the small road toward the manor, for many times she questioned herself if this was the right thing to do, as some part of her tell her that this may be a trap or something very dangerous. Dangerous or not, it interested her, she was curious to know what this meant and why she was invited to this Masquerade Ball at this manor she never heard of before.
The manor got to the view and she needed to gasp at how large and beautiful it was, but the closer she got to this massive building, the more nervous she got 'Am I really doing this?' she thought to herself as she stopped to the stairs which brought to the large door up ahead. She took a sight and only stood there a little while to take her courage to move up those stairs to the door, every step felt like an hour. Her heart was pumping so fast that she felt like it was going to stop soon or she is going to collapse, which could be very embarrassing to happen.
Queen of flames

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheRegularTerrarian » Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:40 am

Alex Darkman | 35 | Male | Demon | Ballroom | Tags: Elias, Tris, Leon and Ari
Alex had been spending most of his time dancing when he noticed a group of four humans who seemed to be talking about something. He wasn't entirely sure what, but he decided he would go find out. After all, maybe he could even give them a little fright... He laughs to himself at the thought of this, and prepares to jump into their conversation. Out of nowhere, he appears next to the group of humans. "Well hey there! What are you lot talking about? Is it about how AWESOME this party is?" He laughs and continues speaking. "Say, who are you lot? I don't think I've seen you folks around here!"
TheRegularTerrarian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:00 am

Ell Summers- genderfluid- 28 y- werewolf- speed, agility, wolf form (golden cream with oddly darker face, white toes, chest and belly), communicating with wolves, ears and tail can show or be hidden, swimming in not too deep water- pan; Alesha and Yasmine- might find a dog- Tags: Mystic, Silas

The blue green eyed and golden brown haired one smiled as she looked around. She noticed Silas, another resident, had joined the party. She nudged at Mystic a bit, glancing to Silas. She felt like he liked to keep to himself. She didn't really know him all that well, anyway. She mostly stuck to Mystic, and knew Mystic possibly had a crush on Eugene. She herself had a bit of one on Alesha. The cat demon was very pretty to look at, after all, so it went without saying. She noted Silas wore a gray suit and white mask. She tilted her head a bit, at that, then shook her head. She hummed a small sound, then fell silent as she just watched a moment. She then decided they should go say hi, or try to.

She noticed, as she approached, that he seemed a bit...upset, annoyed, put off. They couldn't really tell what he was feeling. It surely had something to do with humans being here, though. They shook their head a couple times. She and Mystic finally reached him, and she dipped her head a moment. She was a wolf, werewolf, after all, so it was some sort of show of respect. She was pretty sure he was older than them. Again, she didn't know...and now she said "Hello, Silas."

Mystic Summers- agender- 26 y- werewolf- speed, agility, wolf form (smaller and slender gray wolf), communicating with wolves, ears and tail can show or be hidden, swimming in not too deep water- boys; Eugene a bit- Tags: Ell, Silas (might send to Eugene at some point)

The blue green eyed ash blonde hummed a small sound as they looked around. There were groups forming now. Mostly smaller groups, but it looked like Alex had gone over to two residents and two of those humans. They shook their head at this. They then turned their attention back to their sibling. Ell had nudged them, and they tilted their head. They wondered what that was about, but didn't actually ask. They shook their head a couple times, and sighed. They then noticed she kept looking a certain direction. They looked there too, and saw she was watching Silas. They watched a moment, too, then quickly looked away. Something about him made them... nervous, maybe not nervous.

They were nervous around a lot of people, honestly. It was always the residents they didn't actually know that well. Which was actually a lot of the other residents. They tended to stick to Ell like glue, being her younger sibling and all. They were pack animals, after all, and she was their pack. They also, maybe, had a thing for Eugene...The Griffin wasn't half bad looking. They shook their head, squeaking as Ell pulled them along towards Silas, and they dipped their head to him.

Leela Evers- f- 80 y- witch vampire hybrid- earth magic (Wiccan), speed and agility, retractable fangs- has a white Angora kitty which may be a familiar- unknown sexuality but crush on Caelan- Tags: Caelan, Lilith (also mentions)

The blue eyed one smiled a bit as she watched the two of them interact. She then glanced to Lilith once more. She nodded at her, saying "It is better not to bring humans here...Some of the others might hurt them, even if they don't mean to. She had no idea Lilith was planning to keep the humans here, though...of course. "I should have brought Snowfall down here...He'd love all these humans," she said, speaking fondly of her white kitty. She then smiled as Lilith said she'd gotten snacks for her. "Oh...thank you dear," she said in that fond tone, only for Lilith and Cedric, and now Caelan. She smiled as she looked at said man. She then looked to the younger female once more. She reached out to touch the bracelet. "Oh my...these are really pretty," she said, glad Lilith had managed to get them.

She looked to Caelan again, when he cleared his throat. She let out a small sigh, nodding to him and saying "I...I'm sorry if that's not a fond memory." She didn't want to upset him or hurt him. She hadn't done so physically, of course, but she still may have hurt him. She tilted her head when the other questioned something. She made a small sound at that... "Cedric wouldn't keep them here...would he?" she asked. She glanced to Lilith, wondering what she thought about this.

Ari Soma- m- 24 y- human- good at storytelling and art- homosexual- high likelihood his crush is on Elias- open for an SO/whatnot- has a black Shepherd named Kuro and a white cat Shiro- Tags: Elias, Tris and Leon (and mentions of the group)

The cute heterochromatic boy wanted to feel annoyance that the two only addressed Elias. However, he was more focused on watching...closely. The man was intimidating, to say the least. The woman was pretty, but something about her...he didn't know. He shook his head, and looked to Elias. He listened as the other male human spoke to the two. He nodded along to what the other said. Of course, Elias wasn't the only one that received an invitation, as they all had received one to this place.

A moment later, that fact was brought to light by Elias. Along with the fact he took hold of Ari's wrist and pulled him forward. He gave a small gasp, the touch burning, but...not in a bad way. It's just as if a small which went through him, or a thrill. He nodded and said "I...yes, I got an invitation as well." Elias then said they'd arrived as a group and all, and were mostly friends. "Yes...except Apollo, he...doesn't really talk to us," he said. He felt a little disappointed when Elias let go of his wrist.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☼ iv

Postby bigwig. » Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:37 pm

𝐋𝐄𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐘𝐑𝐈𝐒
    he/himchimeralocation: ballroomtags: trisiphone, elias, ari, alex
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    Trisiphone's ability to put up a facade was almost impressive. Confronted with not one, but two human men, she was able to pretend so easily that she was not seething internally, even trying to nicely ask him why he'd come here. He smiled slightly, amused; he would have teased her about it, but since there were others there, he simply flashed her an arrogant smirk. She probably didn't even notice, though, likely being too focused on holding back her rage. She probably could've destroyed these two weak-looking little humans in the blink of an eye if she so desired - but it seemed she, like Leon himself, was willing to entertain the idea of hosting humans, at least for now. The humans seemed either oblivious to their general hostility, or were willfully ignoring it. Leon was quicker to assume the former over the latter.

The one human - Elias - sounded downright excited to be here. It was almost cute, in an inane sort of way. The other human seemed to have more of a timid personality; Leon gave him a glance before mostly ignoring him. Leon was somewhat interested to hear about the invitation they had received - he knew somebody had invited them, presumably one or both of the twins, but thought the details might be valuable. They had heard rumors about this place, apparently, which had piqued their interested. But they certainly never would've found it without being allowed to - it was just that kind of place. However, it highlighted another inherent problem with inviting humans to the manor: if they were allowed to leave, they would go about telling everyone they knew all the details. Then they'd have many, many more to deal with. Unless, of course, the twins had some sort of plan for that...?

Leon might have said more, but they were interrupted by the sudden intrusion of a fifth party. Alex's abrupt appearance elicited a slight growl from Leon, a low and guttural noise which he quickly repressed. He didn't want to disturb the humans too much. He was irritated by the intrusion; Alex's bombastic personality had a propensity for riling people up. However, it might have been an opportunity. Maybe while Alex had the humans thoroughly distracted, Leon would have a chance to slip away and leave them behind. He glanced at Trisiphone to gauge her reaction, silently wondering if she was having the same thoughts as him.
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen of flames » Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:53 am

Alesha Wang | unknown, looks 25 years | Female| Demon Cat | Ballroom
_
She Eats the snacks and drank the drinks from the serving table there. She felt rather nervous and a little alert around all of those humans she didn't know about. She didn't want to think anything bad about any of them as she didn't really know them, but because of their differences and her knowledge about some humans, made her hard to actually trust any of them. She sighed as she watched around the ballroom, seeing some of the creatures she was seen before and maybe could know by their names, but she was not that close with any of them here. As a demon cat, she was pretty independent or someone could call her a loner-like. She drank her juice as she watched the humans there talking with the creatures they likely didn't know to be anything different. It made her wonder how did they get along so well, even if those humans may turn very dangerous things if they see something up normal like they were.

Miriam Fuentes | 100 years, looks 20 years | Female | Forest Fairy | Ballroom
_
The small blond-haired girl walked around the ballroom, she looked at all the visitors. There were some she was seen before, but there were those too she didn't remember meeting before and then there were those humans she was not sure what to think about. She knew that like them, not all humans were bad or cruel, but how could she be sure that those humans didn't want to hurt her or those she loved?
As for now, she was relieved that none of those people knew the reality of many of them or so she hoped.

Eugene Lynn|unknown, looks 35 years | male | Griffin | Patio
_
He entered the manor, walked past the ballroom scanned the others there, and silently got a drink out from the service table as he walked past it to the back door which brought him to the patio. He was not really happy about this event at all, and part of him didn't even understand what was the idea of all of that. Humans were weak, but they were dangerous too, those humans may destroy them if they wanted to. Of course, he didn't like to live hiding his true self, but what else he could do, for humans they were freaks, the monsters.
He took a cigar out of his pocket as he sat on the chair on the patio, there were good views and the air was fresh, it made him relax a little bit and forget his thought about everything.

Yasmine Faulkner | 23 years| Female| Human | Ballroom
_
She stood at the door of the manor longer than she ever stood for any doors, it made her too nervous almost afraid of what will wait for her inside the manor, was this a trap to lure her there or maybe she was just thinking too much. The whole message thing was weird and she was once again questioning herself or she chooses to come here. She looked at the windows came some of the lights from lamps and the faint music coming inside, she made a hard shopping trip to find herself a nice dress only for this event, which made it even harder for her to just turn away. She sighed 'Okay now or never, I am going inside' she thought to herself as she entered the door of the manor and gave a shy greeting to the male at the door. Slowly she walked down the little hallway to the large room there, which was the ballroom likely. As she entered there still very nervous, but she little bit calmed down as she noticed that the people there seemed very normal, maybe this was not a trap after all.
Queen of flames

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❖ ii

Postby bigwig. » Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:25 am

𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐒 𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐌
    he/him werewolflocation: ballroomtags: ell & mystic (ment. lilith)
    Silas noticed Lilith nodding towards him as she passed by, but he gave her only a listless stare in return. He didn't feel like greeting her and allowed her to move on. It wasn't out of any ill will, as he didn't really dislike Lilith, and in fact had respect for the twins for allowing others like himself to have a safe place to stay at their manor. However, he wasn't in the best of moods, and was more or less hoping to just be left alone. He tugged at his bowtie uncomfortably, unused to the pressure near his throat. It almost felt like a trap, a snare trying to constrict him. And a trapped beast lashed out. Silas closed his eyes for a moment and willed himself to silence the feelings beginning to bubble up inside him. He had gotten used to doing this, at the very least. His bestial self hadn't become any tamer, but he had gotten better at taming it. Or more so...bargaining with it. He could never truly defeat this creature, and he had come to accept that, trying to find more of a synergy between human nature and animal nature.

Neither really liked being here like this, though. The restless man scarcely even noticed that he was being approached, but something prodding at him snapped him back to reality. It wasn't a human who was coming towards him at least, but rather Ell and Mystic, two oddly-named siblings who tended to stick close to each others' sides. They were like him, but not quite - the nature of their shape-shifting was rather different from his, from what he had gathered. But he did not really envy them, per se, moreso looked at them the same way he did any other supernatural creature - just different from him. Silas was quiet as they approached, scratching his beard in a bored manner. "Mm." He grunted when Ell greeted him, after a moment deciding he should put forth a bit more social effort for the occasion. "Hi." He added, trying to sound friendly. Perhaps succeeding.

He didn't fail to notice the way the two dipped their heads towards him respectfully. Silas didn't acknowledge it. He wasn't sure he deserved such respect and didn't know what to do with it anyway. Mystic didn't give him a verbal greeting, but Silas didn't think anything of it. "You uhh...having a good time?" He asked, making his best attempt at small talk. That was a fine thing to ask, right? What else was there to talk about, the weather? Well, there was the elephant (or, rather, elephants) in the room, but Silas didn't know how to broach that subject - or if he even wanted to.
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⚜ i

Postby bigwig. » Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:49 am

𝐕𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐂𝐀𝐍𝐄
    he/theyunicornlocation: ballroomtags: --- (mentioned xanthe/tanwen/apollo)
    Before the ball, Vetiver spent quite a while upstairs getting ready - so much so that he was all but late. Of course, he simply wanted to make sure that he looked his absolute best. Unlike some, he was very eager to meet their human visitors, and in a way wanted to impress them. As he prepared his outfit - a stunningly white suit with a ruffled ascot dominating the front - he paced around his room restlessly, venting his anxieties to the variety of indoor plants he kept in his room. During the day, he kept the curtains open to let them bathe in the sunlight, which left his room always awash with bright light. So many residents of this manor really loathed the light; it was nice for Vetiver to have a place where he could come and enjoy a nice sunny room with some fresh air. Now that it was dark, though, the windows were all closed, and the plants rested silently drinking in Vetiver's woes and excitement.

He loved flowers most of all, but not many of them were able to thrive indoors, so he also kept an array of succulents in his room. The small, fleshy plants also came in a variety of interesting types, and their flower-like spreads were a joy to admire. They were also less tempting to nibble at on occasion than flowers. "Well, goodbye, darlings!" Vetiver bade at last, letting his fingers dance over a succulent before he finally tucked both of his hands into his white silk gloves. His ability to heal with magic also invigorated plants, such that he could often make flowers bloom right before his eyes with a simple touch. Sometimes a plant would even seem to chase his hand, reaching towards his touch the same way they reached towards the sun. So wonderful - they were like little people! At least, the way Vetiver saw it.

He hastily made his way downstairs to find he had missed Cedric and Lilith's announcement. Well, that was embarrassing! Hopefully they wouldn't be upset. The hard rubber soles of his shoes clicked on the floor as he hurried, a heralding sound that could almost be mistaken for the clack of hooves. The party was already well underway, it seemed, which if nothing else meant it was a simple matter to slide in amongst the crowd without his lateness really being noticed. There were a lot of people milling about, some of which had to be the humans! They seemed to have mixed in well, though. Vetiver spotted Xanthe, along with Tanwen, talking to a handsome young stranger. He waved to Xanthe and Tanwen from a distance as a friendly gesture but did not want to interrupt the group. Maybe he should check the banquet tables instead? The twins no doubt tried their best to cater to all tastes. Unlike bloodthirsty creatures like them, Vetiver never ate meat; he couldn't stomach it. Hopefully they left some apples out for him though - he loved apples! Especially braeburn apples. And especially when they were sliced into those little bunny shapes!
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me