Montrose Academy for the Supernatural (Open & Accepting!)

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

Montrose Academy for the Supernatural (Open & Accepting!)

Postby Consulting_Angel » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:54 am

Plot

Montrose Academy has been open for nearly five hundred years, educating the teenagers of the supernatural world, and providing a safe place for them to live and study. Hidden away from the human world, supernatural beings have been able to thrive, form relationships and communities, and altogether learn essential life skills (amongst other things). After all, why alert the humans that right under their noses is a population of supernatural beings, the numbers of which easily match - possibly even exceed - their own? It is well known that humans tend to react rather... negatively when faced with something that is different to themselves, especially if perceived as a threat.
And this year is going to be just like any other year for the academy, right?
Well... maybe not quite.

Somehow, a one-in-several-billion chance occurred, causing a small number of humans to be accidentally enrolled into Montrose Academy. These humans, given access and directions, are about to attend a school in seemingly the middle of nowhere, and that they didn't even know they had applied to attend. A search for the school online makes it seem like most other boarding schools. They will be certainly in for a surprise when they arrive.
On top of that, there is a new headteacher at the school, who seems particularly captivating. And soon, mysterious things begin happening - more mysterious than expected for a supernatural school. Students and teachers begin to fall ill and go missing, only to turn up a few days later as though nothing happened - and no recollection of anything after they fell ill. Dormitories are vandalised and students' possessions go missing, only to turn up inside the dormitories of the humans. Cracks are beginning to form in the academy foundations for the very first time. And something sounds like it's roaming the hallways at night, but when checked, nothing is there.

Seems like it's down the students and teachers to figure out just what is happening and why, before the fragile veil between the human and supernatural worlds is shattered and a conflict begins.
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Character Roles

Postby Consulting_Angel » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:56 am

You may have up to five characters. Only one can be a human, as they are limited. You can have as many supernatural student and/or teacher characters as you'd like (up to the five total limit). Post all character forms in the discussion thread.
PM to reserve. If you want to reserve a teacher, let me know which class they'll teach.

Supernatural Students (unlimited)
- Artemis Nocturne (Consulting_Angel)
- Kalea Joy (Consulting_Angel)
- Celeste Honeyleaf (SaphiraBrightscales)
- Fletcher (SupremeNerd42)
- Audrey III (TheRegularTerrarian)
- Rimu (Rusty20)
- Ashton Hemlock (Consulting_Angel)
- Fainche Wolfram (ævi)
- Maeve (morgen)
- Ember (SaphiraBrightscales)
- Arreak (SaphiraBrightscales)
- Nereus Sirenia (SaphiraBrightscales)
- Yume Ashen (Scorpioness)
-
-

Human Students (6 max.)
- Rhett Kendrick (Consulting_Angel)
- Kali Seval (Rusty20)
- Mahina Kameāloha (SaphiraBrightscales)
- Heshen Bi'An (Soup5)
- Achara Keerati (Spiritstar3)
-

Teachers (unlimited)
Headteacher: Isla Dracona (Consulting_Angel)
Teacher of The Art of Making Demon Deals - Alex Darkman (TheRegularTerrarian)
Teacher of The Art of Trickery and Fire - Annia Bliss (Rusty20)
Teacher of Sports - Ásmundur Magnússon (SupremeNerd42)
Teacher of Darkness and Diplomacy - Stella Moon (Rusty20)
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:18 am, edited 14 times in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Character Form and Rules

Postby Consulting_Angel » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:57 am

If you'd like a character form to use, feel free to use the one below! Otherwise, you may use your own, provided it has all the necessary information.
A character image is not necessary, you may also use a detailed description. No anime. If using art, it must be your own or explicit permission must be granted by the artist.
Code: Select all
[left][img] [/img][/left][b]Name | Age | Gender | Species[/b]
[size=85][b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Pronouns:[/b]
[b]Abilities:[/b]
[b]Role:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Short Bio:[/b][/size]

Rules
- As per usual, all of Tess' rules apply.
- No one- or two-liners.
- Please use reasonable grammar, spelling and punctuation, so others can understand your posts.
- No romantic relations between your own characters.
- Students must be 16-18 (/in relative years according to their species), and teachers older than 23.
- Supernatural creatures only. No magic-users such as witches, elementals, etc, unless they are also another being.
- Additionally, no 'turned' characters, they will have all been born into being their species - just makes things easier for ages, etc.
- Please disable signatures in the roleplay thread.
- If you have a question, then let me know!
- Keep OOC chat and character forms to the discussion thread.
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Dorm Assignments

Postby Consulting_Angel » Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:11 am

Given Montrose Academy is essentially a boarding school, everyone will be given a dormitory, and share with one other person.
Humans will be sharing with another human.
More will be added as more characters arrive!

Dorm 1 - Artemis & Fletcher
Dorm 2 - Kalea & Celeste
Dorm 3 - Ashton & Nereus
Dorm 4 - Rimu & Fainche
Dorm 5 - Kali & Mahina
Dorm 6 - Rhett & Heshen
Dorm 7 - Maeve & Ember
Dorm 8 - Arreak & Yume
Dorm 9 - Achara &
The Greenhouse - Audrey III
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:18 am, edited 6 times in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Updates & Events

Postby Consulting_Angel » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:53 pm

Any updates and events for the roleplay will go here!
If I remember to.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Montrose Academy for the Supernatural (Open & Accepting!

Postby Consulting_Angel » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:50 pm

Isla Dracona
1210|Dragon|Female
Headteacher
Tagged: None
Isla stood at the shaded window of her office, which overlooked the front grounds of the school. The window was tinted, so no one could see her from the outside, but she could see everything outside. She watched as students arrived, greeted each other, and made their way around. Most towards the dormitory building, but there were plenty still around the front and preparing to enter the main building. There was still a good 40 minutes until her assembly, so there was no particular rush or place to be any time soon. She thought over her speech that she'd prepared... she truly wanted to make a good impression and be sure she had the trust of the students that the teachers. But she was also quite prepared to be patient if it would take a while. After all, great things were not rushed, were they? And that was what she intended to do: Great things.

Artemis Nocturne
18|Vampire|Nonbinary
Tagged: Open
With it being Artemis' last year at the academy, they knew procedure at the start of the year already. They had arrived early, taken note of their dorm assignment and promptly made their way over. Artemis was just finished unpacking, and checked the time; 40 minutes or thereabouts before the assembly the new headteacher was leading. They were quite looking forward to it. Their parents told them that Isla was an iconic, highly-regarded figure, so having her taking the role of headteacher now was hopefully a positive and interesting thing.
Anyway. They did not quite see much else to do, so Artemis chose to sit at their desk and take some time to do some light reading ahead of classes starting. It was always best to be prepared.

Kalea Joy
17|Phantom|Female
"Hello! Hi! Great to see you!" Kalea bounced around the front grounds of the academy, greeting everyone and anyone that was in her sight and even so much as glanced her way. She was very much excited for the new school year, and to see everyone that she knew and the new students. Her almost infectious happiness seemed to rub off onto most students - except some cold, grumpy boy that she hadn't seen before and maybe a couple of others - which she was very pleased about. Being positive and excited was, in her opinion, the key to getting the school year off to a great start. As she passed by Ashton - who was sat on the stone wall that was the bannister for the front steps - he made a flirty comment to her. Kalea whipped around, and still with a bright smile, said, "Ashton. Call me cute again and I'll shove that lantern where the sun doesn't shine. Got it? Good!" and she bounded off to greet someone else.

Rhett Kendrick
17|Human|Male
Well, here he was. Montrose Academy. Or whatever it was called. He wasn't sure what he expected, from a boarding school in the middle of nowhere. Regardless, it was undeniably busy. So many students! It was odd how he hadn't heard of it until he recieved the letter. Of course, any normal person would find it suspicious, but his parents said it was a great opportunity to get to be out on his own. So he took it. And now that he was here, he couldn't shake off the feeling that something was very, very wrong. Most of the students seemed 'normal' but they all gave off a... different vibe. A girl with black and yellow hair and invisible hands(?) had greeted him, but Rhett had responded coldly. He'd figured out how to get to the dorms himself - the information in the letter he'd received was very helpful - and was now taking the time to unpack. The letter also made note of an assembly happening later on, but Rhett didn't really know where he was going for that. He'd just have to keep an eye and ear out and follow everyone else...

Ashton Hemlock
17|Wraith|Male
Sitting on the stone wall that was the banister for the front steps of the main building was Ashton. His hood was up, obscuring his face, though it was his skeletal hand that held his lantern next to him. Anyone that would pass by or look at him and he saw, he would make a flirty comment - something like "'sup?" or equally lame - or giving a flirty grin. However, he'd made the mistake of saying to Kalea, when she passed by him, "Looking cute, Kalea!" at which point she threatened him, still acting as positive as always. But still very scary, and he knew that she was being serious with that threat, so he apologised to her sheepishly. Ashton waited until Kalea was out of earshot before he recovered from this, and went right back to his usual self with other students.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheRegularTerrarian » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:37 am

Alex Darkman | 654 | Male | Demon | Assembly Hall
How exciting! Only 40 minutes until he would get to meet all the new students, his fellow teachers, and of course, the headteacher that seemed so interested in his dark powers. He wouldn't be able to tell them his real name, though that didn't matter. He had a nickname planned just for this very occasion. He was excited to be able to teach all the students how to take human souls by contract, a past time that he enjoyed ever so much. "I wonder if I have enough time to pop up in someone's house and take their soul before the assembly starts..." he thought to himself. "Would certainly be a fantastic way to kill 40 minutes... but I shall save my powers until I can demonstrate them to my class. Hopefully there'll be a sucker who's soul I can steal... This'll be fun..." He laughs to himself, and starts thinking about how he would present himself to his class for the first time.

Audrey III | 195 | Male | Plant Monster | Front Grounds - Greenhouse
He had arrived at Montrose Academy in his humanoid form, since it made it easier to get around, and it was certainly quite a busy place. "Mmm... look at all these delectable delights!" he says to himself, resisting the urge to snap and eat someone right away. "I suppose I should act all nice like, and then when their back is turned, I'll have some lunch!" he pauses to make sure no one hears him, and casually starts strolling around. He was greeted by some happy phantom, and he gave her a toothy grin and greeted her back. As he walks to where the Greenhouse was, he makes sure to size up the other snacks- I mean, students for if he ever got hungry. "This greenhouse is quite the room! And it's very empty... perfect for luring in an unsuspecting fool and gobbling them up! Now... I should probably keep low profile, so I won't show off my true form just yet." He laughs evilly to himself. "Time to see what's up with the rest of this place!" He goes to explore the rest of the academy, hoping to run into a lone person in the halls...
TheRegularTerrarian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:51 am

Achara Keerati- f- 17 y- human- human student- Pan; Kalea, Rhett a bit and maybe Artemis- one year too young for marriage- not ready for kids, but one day- father (and mother) : older brother, younger twins Mana and Junie- Tags: open-> Kalea

The tan skinned one hummed as she looked about as she approached the school. It was in the middle of nowhere, which...odd. Shaking her head, which caused her braids to flip around a bit, she let out a breath. Brown eyes surveyed everything as the blonde stepped onto the grounds. She had light eyeshadow and blush as usual. There was also lip gloss upon her lips. She came upon a girl that seemed...not human? She tried not to think about that, and smiled at her. She cheerfully said "Hello, I'm new here. Could you...show me to the dorms?" she asked, already noticing she was pretty. "Ah! My name is Achara Keerati. What's your name?" she asked, as those should have been the first things she did...
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rusty20 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:02 am

Stella Moon: Tags: Opened: Area: Backyard Briefly, Back Hall

Stella Quietly snuck in through the backyard after another prolonged Absence and that's when she saw it, The Flier for the Start of the Semester Assembly. She'd forgotten about that... This would make Avoiding Headmaster Isla almost Impossible... The Woman seemed to Love Everyone Except Stella, She Hated her ever since Arriving and taking the Position of Headmaster for some Reason Stella could never quite understand. She often nonchalantly tells Stella should Retire and is Always Fake Nice to her, Occasionally even making backhanded Insults at her that go over the other Teachers Heads. None of the Other Teacher or Students have ever seem to Notice how much Headmaster Isla hated her. But Stella couldn't Retire, She had a Duty to Teach these Students about how Wrong Descrimination is and Thus Avoid Repeating the Wrongs of the Past Unfortunately. Of Course Headmaster Isla Didn't understand that… This Assembly would be about as Fun as a Family Reunion...

Annia Bliss: Tags: Opened: Area: Front Grounds and Main Hall for Short Time, Classroom

Annia was Ecstatic as she Made her way through the Front Grounds, She hadn't had a Teaching Job in several Years. She got many Stares from the Students and Faculty. But she didn't mind, In fact she enjoyed the Attention. If there was one good thing about being this Pregnant it was that there was never a Shortage of Doting Attention from Strangers. Upon Quickly getting to her Classroom, She set it up for the Classes she would have later. Including Several Pranks for a few Unlucky Students. And then sat down resting in her Teachers Chair while she Loved them her Babies were quite heavy...

Rimu: Tags: Opened: Area: Front Grounds for Short Time, Bench in Corner of Main Hall

Rimu was Excited and Shy all at the same time as she Entered the Front Grounds of the Academy this was her first time in a place this Busy. There were so many strange and wonderful kinds of people here. It was So Overwhelming! She was immediately Self-Conscious and Worked on perfectly her Form before straightened her Clothes and walking towards the Academy avoiding Large Groups of people. Upon getting in she found a Slightly Secluded spot on a Bench to people watch and decide to approach on her own terms.

Kali Sevel: Tags: Opened: Area: Front Grounds and Main Hall for Short Time, Dorm

Kali Rolled on to the Front Grounds and immediately saw that something was off. Most of the Students looked human, But Different... "It must be some start of the Segmester Dress-Up/Cosplay Event..." She Mumbled to herself. Ignoring the Looks her Wheelchair got her. Upon getting in she Headed to her Dorm to Drop off a Lot of the Extra Pills and other stuff she had brought with her. Upon putting everything out and storing her Extra Foldable Chair, Putting Guardrails on her Bed, And Checking her Blood Sugar for her diabetes.
Rusty20

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SaphiraBrightscales » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:48 pm

Celeste Honeyleaf | 17 | Female | Fairy | Location: Front grounds - Dorms | Tagged: open

Standing outside of the school grounds for a bit, Celeste sighs softly with a small frown as she glances in the direction of her home. She still has no idea how her parents convinced her to attend this academy last year but now she is stuck at it until she graduates. Her emerald green eyes scans the crowd at the front gates before Celeste joins the group, her small build immediately being surrounded by the taller teens, making her wish that she just flew into the grounds in her fairy form. Once free of the grounds, she quickly heads to the dorms to drop her stuff off and, upon entering, she notices that her roommate has yet to show up at the dorms so Celeste decides to put her stuff on the bed closest to the window.

Ember | 17 | Female | Phoenix | Location: Front grounds | Tagged: open

Ember, not minding being in the large crowd, greets some of her friends from the previous year as she encounters them in the crowd and gives smiles to others she doesn't recognize. Some of the feathers in her hair get messed up from the mild wind the moment she managed to get free from the grounds. Her orange eyes scans the crowds and those on the outskirts as she breaks away from the main crowd, joining the smaller one heading to the dorms. Once inside, Ember spends a little time getting her stuff organized before heading back out to the main grounds, deciding to sit on one of the benches scattered about the grounds.

Arreak | 16 | Male | Aarakocra | Location: Front grounds | Tagged: open

Deciding on flying in instead of walking like everyone else since there is a huge crowd at the entrance, Arreak lands near the dorms so that he can drop off his stuff before flying back to the main grounds. His golden eyes stare out at all of the different supernaturals and it doesn't take him long to notice that some of them were giving him confused looks since aarakocras from what he has learned from the elders preferred to stick to themselves than mingling with other supernaturals. Arreak huffs in annoyance and goes to sit under the tree so that he can watch the them from a distance

Nereus Sirenia | 18 | Male | Merfolk | Location: Dorms - Lake | Tagged: open

Nereus had arrived at the academy right when the gates were opened and immediately went to the dorms instead of milling about like some of the others did. He glances out the window, watching the crowd on the grounds, as he gets the last of his stuff situated in the dorm before heading outside, making a beeline to the lake located on the grounds. Normally Nereus would be entering the water for a swim, he would have to wait until after the assembly since he wouldn't have time to get a decent swim in and get dried enough to change back and make it to the assembly on time. Instead the light blue male sits on a bench and stares at the still waters of the lake, already ready for the school year to be over so that he could return to the pod and do his part on keeping their waters safe

Mahina Kameāloha| 16 | Female | Human | Location: Front grounds - dorm | Tagged: Kali

Mahina approaches the school and looks around with a confused look as the school was very crowded for being in the middle of no where. She allows herself to get swept up in the flow of her fellow classmates entering the grounds and notices that some of them has appeared to dress up for the start of terms but she didn't recall reading anything about dressing up at the start of term. She shakes her head a little as she gets free from the cluster of students who are mingling about with their friends as she follows the directions her letter to where the dorms are so that she could get settled in before the assembly. Once at the door to her room, Mahina knocks a little to give warning in case her roommate had already arrived before entering the room, noticing that there was already another person in there.
SaphiraBrightscales

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me